[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Golems and Gunpowder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1456232105871.jpg (522KB, 576x806px) Image search: [Google]
1456232105871.jpg
522KB, 576x806px
Any interest in a 18th century gaslamp fantasy empire manager game? Need 3-4 players with decent schedules and a love for turned-based strategy.

Game takes place in an alternative Europe. You'll be raising armies of gunpowder infantry, cannons and cavalry, as well as whatever fantasy creatures you encounter, and whatever creations your mad-inventors cook up. Pick a faction like the French, Great Britian, Austria, Prussia, Spain, pretty much the world powers of the 18th century, then we'll go from there
>>
>>1274691
no
>>
>>1274691
I don't think this is the board to garner interest in that. Try /tg/.
>>
>>1274691
we talking everyone running the same country or everyone running a country?
>>
>>1274691
Great Britain
>>
File: sadfasdfsdafa.jpg (279KB, 943x580px) Image search: [Google]
sadfasdfsdafa.jpg
279KB, 943x580px
>>1277327
4 players, four separate countries
>>1277393
Nice, Great Britain is yours. if we can get two-three more players were set
>>
>>1274691

I'd be willing to give it a go. Russia maybe?
>>
I'm up for some French Imperialism
>>
And we have our players
>1760
>Tsarist Russia
>British Empire
>Kingdom of France

If a fourth player wants to join while we're setting up that's fine, but for now we'll start. 2 things players need to do. Roll 2D10. The first dice determines your hero type (frontier hunter, nobleman duelist, harlot spy, etc) which you'll use to interact with the world around you. The second dice will determine your Spark types (Clockmaker, Surgeon, Mechanic etc). Sparks are the characters that make this game vaguely steampunkish. They're the ones who are going to use their genius to invent unique units like clockwork soldier and frankenstein creatures to fight alongside your gunpowder infantry and cannons
>>
Rolled 3, 3 = 6 (2d10)

>>1283364

Alrighty, lets see how this works.
>>
>>1283380
Congrats, your Hero type is Agent of Faith, so you basically have a badass Orthodox Priest. You have stats and a special ability, and as you play you'll get more special abilities and even more heroes. If you want you can drum up a quick backstory for him/her and a picture. But the important thing is to alot your hero points. You have 20 points you can put into
>Attack
>Defense
>Speed
>Intuition
Almost all mechanics in this game work with D10. So if you put 5 points into Attack, you'll have to roll a 5 and above to successfully attack. If you put 4 into attack, you have to roll 4 and above. Defense is more tailored towards melee combat, but ammo runs dry quick in this game and more often then not you'll find yourself in close quarters fighting. Skill factors into who's attacking first and something other unique situations, and intuition gets you out of tricky situations like ambushes and traps. If alloting hero points seems complicated or a drag, you can just evenly divide them
>Attack 5
>Defense 5
>Skill 5
>Intuition 5

As for your special ability, you start with
>Fear No Evil
Evil Aura negated
Magic Defense +1 to roll

Now as for your Spark Type, you got Eccentric Surgeon. So you're going to be fielding some monster type units. Lemme know if you have any questions, and we'll wait for the others to roll
>>
>>1283464

>So if you put 5 points into Attack, you'll have to roll a 5 and above to successfully attack. If you put 4 into attack, you have to roll 4 and above.

I think you meant roll under, not over, otherwsie the less I spend in a category the better I'd be at it.

Will a hero be useful for anything outside of combat? Your description of their traits only mentions combat related stuff.
>>
>>1283504
Yes sorry typo there. And yes they will be. In the game you play yourselves. You've been turned into disembodied spirits and flung into a strange version of 18th century Europe. You've found you have extreme influence over a royal European family. If your royal line dies out or is overthrown you lose, as nobody else can hear you. Except for atm, one hero, and one genius spark

Each turn you'll have to make some leadership decisions, and there will also be one or two situitions you'll have to deal with as your hero. These are only sometimes combat related. You can only deal with one situation per hero per turn, so it helps when you gain more heroes
>>
Rolled 7, 10 = 17 (2d10)

Long Live Louis XV!
>>
File: Sisters-in-Pastel.jpg (53KB, 460x577px) Image search: [Google]
Sisters-in-Pastel.jpg
53KB, 460x577px
>>1283730
Nice, your hero is Non-Assuming Spy. Think Cyril from Archer if he was secretly a talented assassin. Your hero might look like a shoe-cobbler, but in his back workshop he has various tools of murder for when the Crown gives him missions. Again you can LORE him up with a backstory, occupation and name, or you can leave it to me. Just allocate your 20 points whenever

As for your spark, I didn't think anyone would roll 10. 10 is technically a wizard as opposed to an inventor, and he'll be summoning nasty creatures from other planes and furthering the findings of the Paris College of Magic. But again, if you'd rather have an inventor creating crazy clockwork and steam inventions, I'll let you reroll, as the 10 slot was kind of just an addon for variety after I ran out of scientific fields you might find in the 18th century
>>
>>1283799
Oh, and Unassuming Spy special ability
>Face in the Crowd
-1 to Hero Skill rolls in special situations
+1 to enemy Intuition rolls
>>
Alright just waiting on Great Britain anon, also taking 1-2 more players if English anon is awol
>>
>>1287668

I think you'll struggle to get players now its down on page 5. Maybe post a new thread with a bit more info in the OP?
>>
>>1288015
Good point, I'll style it up and link it in this thread
>>
>>1290346
official thread is up, gonna collect 1-2 more players (unless Britian anon comes back) then we'll start
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.