[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

File: civ races.jpg (2MB, 1383x3667px) Image search: [Google]
civ races.jpg
2MB, 1383x3667px
Lets start up a Civ thread!

Rules
1) provide as much detail to response as you want, the more the better
2)ties are won by first post
3)Have FUN!

first 3 for race, next 3 for location

if you wish to include some suitably vgue backstory for the civ then do so

EX: we are a village of escaped slaves,one of the children has been exhibiting strange powers
>>
>>1269959
>Faun
>Swamp
A merry clan of travelers escaping from the kingdom of Avion's forces. We were invited to play in the King's court. Everything was going well until our leader decided to..."entertain" the princess and prince privately. We only escaped with their help to the swamps in the west.
>>
Human, mankind lives in fear of all the other races. Women taken for pleasure, children to be sold as slaves, men forced to fight their own for entertainment.

A violent and unforgiving world
>>
OP, are you still here?
>>1269981
You forgot to include your choice of location.
>>
>>1269981
I'll second this.
Since there's no location... A valley between a goblin-infested mountain to the north-east, and a mountain range to the west that curves around a forest to the south. Trolls are known to reside in the mountain range, and Orcs inhabit the forest.
>>
>>1270171
Supporting
>>
>>1269974
second
>>
>>1269981
This
>>
File: civ_chart.png (2MB, 720x2259px) Image search: [Google]
civ_chart.png
2MB, 720x2259px
>>1269959
>>
Sorry guys ended up falling asleep while here were only two replies will be home to start up in an hour or less, will keep you updated
Locking in
>>1269981
>>1270171
>>
>>1271580

Don't die on us yet, there are children and women in need of suffering!
>>
Alright folks lets get this show on the road!

as a human you can choose a starting perk, beware everything comes at a price.

>Born Leader
Naturally charismatic, your people look up to you with a sort of reverence. Your every word is carried out with enthusiasm and exacting precision. You are more likely to influence those around you.

>A cut Above
Your physical prowess borders on legendary, easily overpowering your fellow man and allowing to stand against brutes like Orcs as an equal.

>Divine Spark
Magic. The roiling maelstrom of untamed energy can be claimed with nought but your fingertips, but first you must learn.

>Generational Suffering
Your people have grown accustomed to the savagery and barbarism of your world and find no more fer in it. Villagers possess a higher degree of sense in this world, responding better to emergencies and generally being more useful.

>Chosen by God
Your people have been chosen by their patron diety. Divine energies bless you and yours and often guide your hand, but the gods are fickle. choose your god.
War- demands monthly sacrifice, the greater your civilization the greater the price
Fertility- The children you be strong and healthy, twins are more common. But the old will die far quicker. Mating rituals and conception must be achieved monthly.

>A heroes burden
Great tragedy follows you wherever you go. Famine, war, death, raids, all eerily common in your wake. Yet after always blooms fortune, sometimes great and sometimes small.

first 3 decides on starting perk
>>
>>1271553
this is the best thing i've seen

>>1271830
chosen by god or generational suffering
>>
>>1271830

Generational suffering

A useful society is a surviving society
>>
>>1271830
>>1271863

I can go with Chosen by God.

And lets go hard mode. Both gods. Mating rituals for Fertility and the first born of twins is sacrificed to War.

Also, a mythos where if you ever encounter your doppleganger, you kill or mate with them and be blessed by the respective god. Alternatively, if you're killed by the doppleganger, it will take your place. If this happens, War will be displeased until it's found and killed, or better yet, sacrificed to him.
>>
>>1272021
oo i like this, but only if the other players are willing to go for it.

as a warning, death is definitely a possibility in this setting. while i am not TRYING to kill you at every turn bad decisions and unforeseen consequences can and will punish you.
>>
>>1272021

I'll switch my vote for this
>>
The sound of axes striking wood roused you from your slumber, rays of light blinding you as weary eyes creaked open. Daylight already...you had overslept, though your bones told you it hadn't been too long since you had ended watch. You rose with purpose and swiftness, it was bad form to oversleep, especially when so much work needed to be done. Pushing the flaps to your tent aside you stride into the settlement.

Its a dreary sight, but one you call home nonetheless, you can see all the other tents, spaced haphazardly in a circle about the central fire pit. It wasn't very defensible, but you were proud that it had been put together on such short notice. A few of the villagers greeted you as they passed, each carrying armfuls of items they had gathered that morning. In the distance you could hear the children playing.

A) Make your rounds
B)Pray (which god?)
C) Hunt
D) Other (specify)

Time: Morning, Start of Month
Resources: 20 units of food, 10 units of wood, 5 units of stone
Tools: 2 swords, 1 logging axe, 1 bow, 5 arrows
Population: 5 men, 3 women, 2 boys, 1 girl, you (Total:12)
>>
>>1271830
>>1272021
this is good
>>
>>1272107

We chose the duality of war and fertility as our gods, appointing a woman for brood mother status would be wise.

So praying to the goddess of fertility to bless one of the women with quick births and numerous offspring.
>>
>>1272107
C) Hunt
>>
>>1272147
>>1272132
tie breaker in 5
>>
>>1272189
>>1272132
i change for this
>>
>>1272132
>>1272202
Lets pray
>inb4 it's the girl who's blessed
>>
a quick OOC rule breakdown about my writings. No content is necessarily off limits although i do not particularly enjoy smut. Rape is totally possible, for both your character and NPC's but I wont be writing any ERP worthy material.

also to keep the bookeeping aspect minimal: Boys and girls are sub 13 years old, at which point they become men and women. so a newborn and 8 year old are in the same category and therefore for the purposes of running missions cannot be called upon to do nd do not affect your total strength.
>>
It was the beginning of the month, but the gods had proven fickle before and your dual religion had served to rouse their ire in the past. Draigo, the God of War only demanded his monthly sacrifice and with the plethora of foul creatures surrounding your humble habitat it wouldn't be difficult to spill blood in his name. Venae on the other hand, was wholly troublesome and required as much tending as an expectant mother, it was her ire you feared more than Draigo's, a barren woman was of little use when it came to survival. You walked to the east, towards the cluster of trees where the altars had been erected. You surveyed the landscape on your short walk, the tents were situated on small hill and stones littered the grassy plain that extended along the valley floor. A river ran not far off, though its beauty harbored nasty creatures. You sighed, it seemed everything in this world was nasty to some degree. You made it to the glade and saw the altars standing before you, each as different as possible with the crude materials used to make them. Draigo's was simple, a large stone with 7 vertical lines etched into it, and a decently large hole before it. Despite the corpses you knew to be moldering down there no smell escaped the darkness. Venae's shrine sat a few paces to the left, a stone platform with a wooden bed covered in straw atop it. A statue peered over the head of the bed, its face a smiling woman, stone locks f hair and all. You eyed the statue, remembering how the rock had cracked and shaped itself, a sign of the Goddess's favor. Kneeling before the altar you clasped your hands in prayer and shut your eyes.

You asked for a blessing, that one among your woman be selected as an acolyte to the benevolent goddess, receiving her word and delivering the children of your people. Venae's blessing was potent, your children were strong from the moment they left the womb, but this land was unforgiving and few had survived the first month.

Seeing your prayer complete you released your hands, slick with sweat, and took a breath. Dealings with the gods unnerved you.

A) Make an Offering to Venae
B) Make you rrounds
C) Hunt
D) Other

Time: Morning, Start of Month
Resources: 20 units of food, 10 units of wood, 5 units of stone
Tools: 2 swords, 1 logging axe, 1 bow, 5 arrows
>>
>>1272324

B.

Lets make the rounds. See how everyone is doing.
(also, so we know who they are and what they do.)
>>
>>1272354

Supporting this
>>
>>1272324
>B) Make you rrounds
>>
Thinking your prayer sufficient you decide to attend to manners your own two hands can influence. Turning away from the statue you cast one glance back before returning home, hoping your prayer will be heard.
Making your rounds about the village doesn't take long, the inhabitants know better than to stray to far from the relative safety of the tent ring. The women had spent the early morning gathering berries and one had managed to kill a stray rabbit. A fine meal was certainly in order tonight. Two of the men had been gathering stone and wood, although the axe head had flown off during their endeavors and would need to be repaired. Grom, the camp's resident tinkerer had laid the framework for a small wagon, you were impressed but pangs of guilt filled you as blood ran down his fingertips. He had been without tools for quite some time and had taken to hammering his post and lintel creations together with a handheld rock. He seemed unaffected by the pain however as he beamed over his framework.

The last man was nowhere to be found and hadn't been seen for some time by the other adults. It was almost after noon, so daylight was still plentiful but worry still gripped your heart. It was ill- advised to go out alone.

A) Ask the children
B) Hunt
C) Help Grom with his wagon
D) Other

Time: Afternoon, Start of Month
Resources: 30 units of food, 15 units of wood, 8 units of stone
Tools: 2 swords, 1 bow, 5 arrows
>>
>>1272423
>C) Help Grom with his wagon
>>
>>1272423

Ask the children if they've seen the missing man, then assist Grom.

If only one action is allowed assist Grom
>>
>>1272423
>>1272438

can we equip our people and get some defenses up?

I would say make our hero have the bow and arrows and two men with swords. Also maybe use some units of wood to make spears with stone heads

possibly some sharpened stick stockades
>>
>>1272465
You can, currently the weapons sit in your tent for safekeeping and easy reach.

>>1272464
Actions that natively run together such as "Ask Grom about his day and Help Grom" can be taken together. But other actions are implied to take a reasonable amount of time and cannot be rolled into one (something might pop up!)
>>
>>1272423
A.

Ask Grom to take a look at fixing the ax when he has a chance before speaking with the children about the missing man. Maybe grab the bow and arrows along the way.
>>
>>1272477
I say our Hero gets a sword and the bows and arrows, to keep him well guarded. Maybe save the other sword to be blessed by one of the gods, either as a phallic symbol of fertility, or as a symbol of war (perhaps both)

we can make spears later for the men
>>
>>1272438
>>1272464
>>1272480
>>1272495
tie breaker in 5
>>
>>1272438
>>1272464
I'll change my vote to arm our hero with sword and bow/arrows on the way to help grom with wagon
>>
You decide the missing man will be fine, daylight is plentiful and sound travels far in this valley you call home, sounds of commotion would reach you in the worst case. You turn back to Grom and offer to help him with his wagon, eager to complete the vehicle. Grom seems delighted, his speech is rough and a tad slow, but he quickly tosses you a sharp edged stone and explains what to do.

The labor is quite difficult and in short order your hnds are bleeding like Grom's. Every scrape of the stone sends more splinters into the soft flesh of your fingertips and bolts of pain shooting up your arms. After a few hours work, the chassis for the wagon is complete, lacking only a beast to pull it. Grom slaps you on the back appreciatively, his face glowing with a mix of sweat and pride. His blow stings something fierce, Grom seemingly not aware of his own strength, still you agree with his sentiment and can't elp but be proud of your work. You bid Grom farewell as you turn back towards your tent, he gives an exaggerated wave back as he hefts the wagon and pulls it towards a clump of rocks, ever the hard worker.

Returning to your tent you arm yourself with one of the swords and the bow. Hefting the crude blade you can't help but remark how terribly balanced it is and it weighs heavy at your side. The bow, while simple and crude , is still much finer quality, having taken Grom almost two weeks to make before he lost his knife. You wished he was able to find it, 4 more bows would leave your villagers relatively well equipped against the occasional goblin mob or orc scout. Slinging the quiver along your opposite side and feeling adequately armed you ponder what course tot ake next.

A) Search for the missing man
B)Hunt
C) Scout
D) Other

>>
>>1272583
I vote we use some wood to make a work bench that we can use to build things, and later upgrade to a tinker bench or whatever else with the proper tools
>>
>>1272604

I support this but have our entire settlement gather together.

Make Grom have a status in our community and appoint one man as his assistant. Instruct Grom to work on stone hammers and spears

The 2 remaining men should be given order to keep scouting of our settlements perimeter.
>>
>>1272604
>>1272634
Put an ax and pick to the work list as well so we have the means to gather more wood and stone later.
>>
Anyone play King of Dragon Pass? This setting reminds me of it a little bit, the basic humans and enemies all around
>>
Grom has always been a hard worker and his creations have been the main reason your group as survived so long. He was poorly respected, for his brutish manner and lack of eloquence made him hard to understand and many of your comrades ridiculed him. Still he was a valuable asset and given his own agency might create more useful items for you, no mtter how crude. Stepping outside and taking a deep breath you bellowed for your a camp meeting, hearing your voice carry on the soft breeze. It wasn't long before all the populace was assembled, save the missing man. You explained to them your decision about Grom, giving him the title of Artificer, a title greeted by snickering ad sideways glances. You pointed at two men who laughed the loudest, proclaiming them as Grom's new assistants. From the corner of your eye you could see Grom's toothy smile. "Why the fuck am I saddled with babysitting him?" The youngest of the men shouted back. "We're few enough as it is, we need all our manpower gathering supplies and keeping watch not watching some overgrown child bash rocks together!" Grom's smile faded as the man spoke and he cast his gaze down at his bloodcaked hands.

A) Ignore the man
B) Rebuke him
C) Agree with the man
D) Punish him (specify)
E) Other

>>
>>1272711

Rebuke him

Grom makes the very tools we use to complete those task. Besides he only needs one assistant.

The other remaining 2 men are being appointed as the settlements designated hunters/scouters.
>>
>>1272711
Rebuke him

What the fuck did you just fucking say about Grom, you little bitch? I’ll have you know he graduated top of his class in the Artificer’s Collage, and been involved in numerous secret inventions in the village, and has over 300 inventions. He’s trained in gorilla tinkering and the top inventor in the entire village. You are nothing to him but just another assistant. He will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to him during the village meeting? Think again, fucker. As we speak he’s thinking of ways to improve our survival across the valley and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re his fucking apprentice now, kid. He can be anywhere, anytime, and can teach you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with his bare hands. Not only is he extensively trained in woodworking, but he has access to the entire arsenal of the village and will use it to its full extent to teach your miserable ass how to invent everything on the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. He will shit knowledge all over you and you will drown in it. You’re his fucking peon now, kiddo.
>>
>>1272804
Brb fucking dying
>>
Laptop died so this will be last post of the night. Let me know what you guys think so far and if you are interested in continuing

You glared at the insolent villager, irritated more at his lack of respect than the content of his outburst and so let fly with an outburst of you own. "

What the fuck did you just fucking say about Grom, you little bitch? I’ll have you know he graduated top of his class in the Artificer’s Collage, and been involved in numerous secret inventions in the village, and has over 300 inventions. He’s trained in gorilla tinkering and the top inventor in the entire village. You are nothing to him but just another assistant. He will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to him during the village meeting? Think again, fucker. As we speak he’s thinking of ways to improve our survival across the valley and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re his fucking apprentice now, kid. He can be anywhere, anytime, and can teach you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with his bare hands. Not only is he extensively trained in woodworking, but he has access to the entire arsenal of the village and will use it to its full extent to teach your miserable ass how to invent everything on the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. He will shit knowledge all over you and you will drown in it. You’re his fucking peon now, kiddo." With a bellow loud enough to wake a sleeping giant, you could see the hero on the other faces as your tire the insolent man a metaphorical new one with a monologue that could have only been given by a god. The recipient of your wrath seemed to shrink a few inches under your verbal onslaught and you could almost imagine thin noodles and red sauce falling from his trousers as he muttered an apology. "Alright alright, I'll fucking help Grom."
>>
>>1272911

Definitely want to see this civ continue till all the realms monsters come to enslave, rape, and devour every last person in our settlement.

You're running the Quest great.
>>
>>1272911
>>1272954
Yea it has a great feel to it, like we are just scraping by
>>
>>1272911

I'm very much enjoying it. The excellent writing has me interested in how this story will turn out.

>>1272954
has the right idea. Only I want it to continue until our settlement has enslaved, raped and devoured all the monsters.
>>
Thread will resume in abut two hours
>>
>>1274536

Present for realm of suffering
>>
alright guys I'm back and eager to write, this session won't run late tonight about 7 pm pst. What do you want to do?

A)Search for missing man
B)Hunt
C)Scout
D)Adress the villagers (say what?)
E) Fortify the camp (how)
F)Other

>>
>>1274787
Scout/search for missing man
>>
>>1274787

Is Grom, working on producing tools to enhance our daily tasks?

I'm with >>1274791
Let's familiarize ourselves with the area.

Also what would be a proper sacrifice to our God of War?
>>
>>1274797
Let's find somthing to Slaughter while scouting.
>>
You grunt at the man's mumbled apology before turning to Grom. You instruct him to begin the construction of tools to assist with the daily chores around the village, most notably to repair the logging axe and a hammer for himself. Grom beamed happily at your orders and loped off to his rock workstation. With another grumble, the insolent man, and new artificer's assistant, followed.

You tell the other gathered villagers to return to their work and inform them that you will be out scouting. They nod in agreement and you soon find yourself alone.

Heading to the south, where the forest's edge scraped along the valley floor, it was not long before the tents and people of your home were well out of sight. Simply wandering into the forest was somewhat of a poor idea and instead, you patrolled the edge of the treeline, turning left towards the river.

Your scouting revealed little, though your eyes were by no means trained for this sort of activity. Birdsong and the buzzing of insects filled your ears until suddenly... A rush of noise, the sound of leaves being pushed aside. Snapping your eyes to the forest you could just make out the barest flash of movement, it didn't seem too far in, but the dense canopy had already cut down on the light.

A)Pursue
B)Cautiously Investigate
C) Raise the alarm
D)Ignore it
E)Other

>>
>>1274827

Investigate cautiously
>>
You decide to investigate, albeit cautiously. Slowly you break into the treeline and crouch low. Heart pounding in your chest you creep forward, experience had taught you that a reckless human was a dead human.

The light was dimmer within the dense cluster of trees, and the breeze was much lighter and damp amid the large trunks. Faint smells of fungus wafted along the air and leaves rustled softly. Eventually, you came upon the location of the noise, the forest litter was clearly disturbed and torn leaves cut a path deeper into the forest. You strained your eyes and ears but found nothing, whatever had made the noise had all but disappeared.

A)Continue forward
B)Return to Forest's edge
C) Wait
D)Other

>>
>>1274899

Can we make a roll to see if we can discern anything about what was just here?

If not we should return to patrolling the outter perimeter of the forest
>>
>>1274899
>>1274913
I'd like to know this as well.
>>
>>1274913
>>1275077
Hey guys sorry real life popped up. For the purpose rolls I'll let you know when it is time to throw dice and it will be indicated what you need to succeed. You can choose to inspect things by writing g what you would like to inspect and I will determine what if anything is found.
So for example:

We should inspect the area, maybe the depressions or slaves might reveal some clue. If it was an animal or dumb bite it probably left something behind.
>>
>>1275135

In that case I'd definitely say look for any foot prints if it's deer like or there aren't any at all we no need to be to paranoid.
>>
So how exactly does this game work?
>>
>>1276218
Players vote on the various options put forth by the OP but are encouraged to add or change them in ways to better reflect what they want to do.

For example: A) hit the target, We should strike the orc with our sword and try to disarm him.

The more detail you put in your posts the more the OP can match exactly what you wanted to do. Just saying "Strike the orc" leaves a lot to the imagination.

Unlike normal games rolling isn't everything and much of that aspect is held behind the scenes, when you are called on to roll it will be presented in this format.

Roll 1D100
80-100- success
50-79- partial success
0-49- catastrophe

The numbers are based on the difficulty of the task at hand, if the players wanted to strangle a goblin it would be much easier to roll a success as opposed to tackling an orc chieftain and bludgeoning him to death with a small rock.

The game is intended to be hard and because the players chose to make things even more difficult, well it will be even harder. Things can and will kill you orset your civilization back quite a ways so I would always advise thinking actions through
>>
>>1276218
its dead.
>>
>>1276491
>>1276425
>>1276218
Should I start a game, i can do 2 civs living along side eachother and multiple teams

i do 1d6 per turn and 2 actions a turn 1d20 each, each turn is a day
>>
>>1276565
I'm up for it.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.