[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Birth of a Civilization VI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2

Welcome back to BoaC
Carry on my wayward Anon:

Some things are easier to store and preserve than others, for that purpose, people have begun to bury them in the ground, but that didn't do much, it was mere make-belief.
However, we found a strange grey earth that was sticky and thick, our tribes used that for the burying strategy as well and lo and behold, it did something, sort of.
It's not exactly useful, but it's better than what we did previously.
Meanwhile the Chieftain as the closest thing to a shaman we have, marries off a young couple.
These lovers represent our future, as the Woman is a Purple, and the Man is a Green.
Over the coming years, we will see a lot more couples like these, but this one is special, or at least so the Chieftain thinks.
To make them special, the Chief declares them to be Skewjo-Kilthizo - the Children of the Sky - to represent Sun and Moon equally in them.

The Skewjo couple is granted the right to hold feasts in honor of our Deities and the ability to elect a new Skewjo couple upon their death.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're new and interested in playing, here's how it works:
Everyone decides what our People will do next.
All decisions are made by democratic majority vote.
If multiple decisions are made, only those that do not conflict each other will happen.
Rolling 100 overrides a majority decision.
Multiple cases of rolling 100 will happen in order they were rolled.
Everyone may only roll once per pending decision.
Major historical events, may still occur if the point of Origin remains outside our nation's control. (e.g If we don't own Macedonia by 200BC, Alexander the Great happens, no matter what)
Major Historical events may still occur, if our Nation hosts similar conditions as the Nations we currently occupy, as they would have at the appropriate time.
(e.g If we own Rome after 700BC and our King [you] does some more than questionable decisions, we will become a Republic)
Tripfagging is strongly encouraged!
>>
>>1265391
>Experiment with pottery and timeskip
>>
>>1266608
No timeskips lads
the gamechanger hasn't happened yet
>>
>>1265391
Alright I'm gonna sum up our actions.
>Important:I'd also like to skip forward a bit just to the next big event or something. Maybe 3-4 years?
Put effort into learning more uses for the sticky grey stuff.
Encourage relationships and child rearing for more people.
Expand our general territory so we can have more animal grazing.
Send a envoy to the Prussian, yellow and teal to open up som trade.
Any other suggestions tag this post.
>>
>>1267548
nah lad nah, we do things by majority vote, y'all just made random suggestions and didn't agree on shit, that's why I didn't count it any of it as a decision.
>>
>>1266608
>>1267548
>and agriculture maybe
then we can proceed to woodworks
>>
>>1267553
That's rule by comittee for you.

Anyway, I back all these: >>1267548
>>
>>1267672
aight fair enough,time skip is still impossible (yet) though
>>
>>1267696
Why is that? How many votes do we need
>>
>>1267711
because I specified, timeskips are only possible once the game-changer hits.
you'll know it when you see it.
If you've been following the game for the past couple threads, remember our Chieftain feeling something is wrong for no reason? That's all I have to say
>>
>>1267721
>>
>>1267721
That's, weird but okay.
Then I guess encourage relationships with a religious festival for fertility and easy child birth.
And follow thought with the political missions for trade and a positive impression of us as a people.
Is expanding out possible?
>>
>>1267905
it is, just kinda tricky and pointless imo, as we hardly have any population
>>
>>1267937
What is? That wasn't specific?
>>
>>1268210
he clearly means expansion, the only subject with a question mark, and the only one where his answer wouldn't be terribly weird.

>>1267937
otherwise, I'm for >>1267905 - continue with the religious integration by encouraging the Skewjo Kilthizo to hold the feast of fertility.
>>
>>1267905
3rd this
You know, excluding expansion.
>>
Our Chieftain himself goes out on diplomatic missions to all neighboring tribes.
First the Yellows, who seem hostile toward us, not only do they want nothing to do with us, but actively seek to conquer us, it's a miracle they didn't kill our Chieftain.
The Teals meanwhile had a council gathering from both North and South to discuss our situation. They were not particularly clear about their intentions, but the Chieftain could at least deduce, that they bear no ill intend toward us.
The Browns meanwhile, much like the Reds, thought us dead, this contact made them aware of our survival and alarmed them.
Just like with the Yellows, the Browns have shown open hostility toward us and more than likely contacted their weaker partner of our resurgence.
The Prussians frankly do not care, we are too insignificant and too far away for them to bother even in the slightest. Trade proposals were laughable to them, but they accepted as some kind of practical joke.

Back in the village meanwhile, the Skewjo celebrate a festival in the form of a ritual Orgy, that passed down as some odd tradition of the Sunna. While not particularly fond of it, the Meno sure seem to enjoy themselves seeing as Women in the tribes currently outnumber our Men almost 2:1.

The Chieftain returns to the sight of an exhausted people, drenched in sweat and other bodily fluids. Upon investigation, it turns out the Skewjo were trying to both raise tribal unity and encourage reproduction.
The Chieftain is visibly disgusted, but he doesn't object.
>>
>>1270622
The diplomatic missions were a mistake
Prepare for attack
Improve fortifications and stockpile food.
Try to establish a defensive alliance with the Teals.
>>
>>1270636
you gotta specify what you want to improve otherwise I'll give you random shit
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>1270636
I agree.
Prepare our best sort of fortification.
And organize our best fighters.
>>
>>1270652
Make walls taller and two-layered with beaten earth inside. Cover them with a roof as well so the rain won't damage them.
>>
>>1270652
Get our warriors some good quality bows and arrows.
>>
>>1270699
Too much work, this would be a good idea if we didn't have to worry about tiring our people out.
Maybe make some wooden wall sections lashed together (like large shields) that we can use to help support any section of the wall that comes under siege. It seems less labor intensive.
>>1270696
Organize our best archers/throwers into the watchtowers, and train some of the non-warriors who are less skilled with a bow to use the wall sections/wooden posts to support our wall.
Stockpiling some food is not a bad idea as long as we don't have to do it at the expense of our current diet.
>>
>>1270622
Specific preparation:Stock pile dry and salted meat. Make sure our well can not be tampered with.
Raise, out fit and prepare our military for a battle. Focusing on the shield wall with spears and archers to add supporting fire.
Erect more watch towers.
>Since most of time we're gonna be out numbered we need to have a good plan.
>Personaly, I want to keep them at bay with a phalanx-esk unit while archers, slingers and javline throwers rain fire down.
>Maybe hide people in the woods to roll logs down in to the enemy units to disrupt order?

All honestly if we get them to route we can kill or take captives. But we have to make the first move, the only way to get ahead is to take other people's Shit and people.
Can you post the map?
>>
File: River Vistula.png (461KB, 666x996px) Image search: [Google]
River Vistula.png
461KB, 666x996px
>>1271214
Well here's the map for a billionth time.
While I'm at it, might as well tell you the current status of our defenses.
We have 4 watch towers, 1 in every corner.
A 2 meter high earth-wall surrounding the village, ontop of it another 3 meter high palisade without gaps.
infront of the earth-wall is a trench of equal depth, and poking out of the trench are loosely placed logs with sharp ends.
>>
>>1272413
3-meter-high is good. And the enemy is unlikely to have siege engines, so probably thickening the wall is unnecessary.

Does the palisade have a fighting platform though? What about crenellations? If it doesn't, let's build them.

Also, let's implement an early warning system, consisting of some simple watchtowers near the borders of our land
>>
>>1273007
it has neither
>>
>>1273021
Let's build them then.
>>
>>1272413
Do we know if anyone I allies with the Yellow tribe? They seem like the best target for our first campaign, close, small and relatively remote compared to other tribes.
>>
>>1273764
We don't know, but we are numerically inferior to everyone.
>>
>>1273841
Small compared to other tribes. So I guess I'm ginna propose the action of sending spies to check out the Yellow tribes towns to find the weakest and strongest.
>Also send out other to map the area around the yellow looking for hills, vallies and bottle necks. Natural advantages
>>
>>1273903
We won't be able to attack Yellows for a generation at the least, so this is premature.
>>
>>1273924
Yeah that makes sense, although having general knowledge of the topography and shape of the land scape can be useful in the future. For setting up traps and such.
>Do we know about traps? Like trip wires, primitive jaw trap and a rope under tension?
>>
>>1273949
>>1273924
>>1273903

1. We know the area pretty well already since we explored before making contact - It's Poland, it's 90% flatland with some forests here and there, currently the only nearby one is to the west.

2. We can attack, nothing is stopping us from it, it's just going to require some strategy

3. We don't, we never had a need to
>>
>>1275336
>We can attack, nothing is stopping us from it, it's just going to require some strategy
I don't trust anons (including myself) to overcome a triple numeric disadvantage on Nightmare mode
>>
in any case, you guys might be bored by the slow pace of the game, and as am I, but the specific reason as to why I won't let you timeskip before a specific event happened, is simply, that these early years will define our society, our whole nation, in the future.
>>
>>1275700
Alrighty, well if we're just setting up for the future.
Go to the Prussians and try to find a merchant that can sell us a nice Stallion and some Mares.
Study more on the grey sticky Shit we found on the last couple of turns.
Build an arena, it will lead some nice cultural points. We can have fights, archery torments, horse races, plays and other shity Shit shit
>>
>>1275890
We don't actually need an arena to do any of these things.
>>
>>1275900
But cultural points, having a place to congregate and fuck around.
I mean, I'm okay if you don't want to so I can forgo doing that.
>>
>>1275900
>>1275919
We could always use them cultural points, plus being the civilization that creates the first real arena would be pretty cool.
>>
>>1276617
>>1275919
Which cultural points are you even talking about? This isn't Civ
>>
>>1276898
not literal points, we just mean there's no harm in developing our culture. We keep focusing on developing our military, technology, and defenses. Don't get me wrong, those are extremely important, but developing ways to keep the villagers entertained while developing a competitive nature within our people is a decent idea to get behind. An arena where athletes push themselves in competitive sporting events will not only gives an area where villagers are able to unite under a common bond of relaxing and getting quality entertainment that will keep morale up. It will also inspire the younger generations to develop that same competitive edge and push themselves to develop both their minds and body of the stress that sports will put on you. This can also translate extremely well to the military, so it's an all around good Idea. An arena will allow people to show off their skills, which will make others want to try and outdo eachother, which will allow us to better develop the overall physical strength and endurance of our people, which will strengthen our both work force and war potential, simple.
>>
>>1277258
Thank you for explaing that so elegantly, I'm really smashed tonight so I'm not able to participate with the same gusto I normal have.
Anywho, +1 to building an arena and +1 to my other actions states here.
>>1275890
>>
>>1277258
I understand what you're talking about, but what you want is not a building. For sporting events, the first necessity is free time, the second is a desire to engage in them.
An arena is not necessary at all, all we need is a big empty space somewhere near the village, which we have aplenty.

>>1275890
>That being said, I'll vote for inventing some sort of sporting event.
>>
>>1277869
the arena itself is symbolism, a chance to build a building that will be the foundation of the idea to one day build a true arena when our tribe has developed into a true civilization, which will one day become a monument to our empire and the spirit of our culture. Think of the Coliseum of Rome or the stadium of Olympia. I'm not saying building one right at this moment is a good idea, just that the idea in general is good.
>>
>>1279264
All I'm saying is our tribe doesn't know what an arena is and what do to with it.
But I'm all for building a grand arena once they find out.
>>
>>1279264
>>1279459
Alright, so let's make a training yard? It's not as big as an arena but big enough to host sports. A place for soldiers to train and for normal people to practice archery, wrestling and Shit.
>Maybe add barracks in a few turns.
>>
>>1279459
exactly. We start the idea in an open field. Sooner or later, we add seats, and the idea and execution develop throughout our history, getting bigger and more complex. So all I'm saying is just start the beginnings of that now with sporting events, everything else will come with it.
>>
The Chieftain doesn't inform the tribes of the severe consequences of our diplomatic mission, instead he wants to prepare them right away.

He observed the Northern Teals gathering around in a small, open space, where they fight each other for glory. The Chieftain has a better use for that idea.

He takes a couple of stakes and rams them into the ground, outside the village.
Within these borders, he proclaims, all disputes will be settled, by combat.
The Skewjo aren't very fond of that idea, and urge the Chieftain to think of the children.
They propose to use this battleground for religious ceremonies instead, lest either Sun or Moon feel neglected.

Though neither know it yet, the fate of this primitive construct, will dictate our future.

(this is a special decision, so I'll give you options instead)
Will we use the field for Religious purposes?
Will we use the field for Legislative purposes?
Will we abandon the field altogether and give it to the warriors?
Do we find a middle-ground between Religion and Law?
Do we find a middle-ground between Law and Training?
Do we find a middle-ground between Training and Religion?

Whatever the decision, the consequences will be severe and irreversible.
>>
>>1282135
Decide the fate of the village? That was pretty unexpected.

>find a middle-ground between Training and Religion

Also trials by combat could be not to the death.
>>
>>1282292
I never said they are to the death
children might get wounded though, and the Skewjo don't like the prospect of that
>>
>>1282292
and for the record, you guys decided the weight of this decision yourself
just look at how goddamn passionate about the importance of an Arena you guys got
>>1277258
>>1279264
>>
>>1282135
I saw we find a middle-ground between Religion and Law.
>>
>>1282354
Obviouly, children's disputes should be decided by combat of their parents!

This is a joke. please don't actually do this

Children's disputes should be resolved without violence because children are stupid.
>>
>>1282776
joke or not, if enough people vote for it, I'm gonna make children fight to the death to settle their problems.
>>
>>1282776
you're vastly underestimating how hard you can meme a game like this
the first time I came up with it, Anon's DOMESTICATED HIPPOS and we used them as special cavalry for the next 2000 years, until we domesticated the Bison to circumvent our lack of Horses in the new world.
>>
>>1283095
>>1283100
You know what, Fuck it
Go full armstrong
THE LAW SERVES THE STRONGEST AND WEAKLINGS WILL BE PURGED
>>
>>1283289
Second!
But make smart-dicks the sub class where they just toil doing the un-manly things like thinking, writing and reading.
>Lel litiralte fags
>>
>>1283854
It's like you want us to conquer a more advanced civilization, get assimilated and be forgotten by history.

I'm pretty sure that would count as a lose.
>>
>>1283874
Well you forget, great civilaztions start as rule by the strong. Once war doesn't have to be constant and peace ia normal is where the meek and intelligent can have a stake.
But right now, like Genghis Khan, William the Conuqure, Ivan the Terrible, Alexander the Great and Julius Ceaser we have to be a expansionist, war like and savage to build something worth controlling.
>>
>>1283913
>Genghis Khan
Couldn't build an empire that could survive his death.

>William the Conuqure
Ruined the English language

>Ivan the Terrible
Paranoidal schisofrenic who almost run Moscow Dukedom into the ground

>Alexander the Great
Genghis Khan, The Prequel

>Julius Ceaser
Took over an existing civilization
>>
>>1284023
You forgot
>most important men in history
>completely changed world culture forever
>>
>>1284039
I suppose ruining the English language counts as changing world culture, yes.
>>
>>1284158
Seeing as britian was so wide spread, id say it counts
>>
>>1284023
So, if all of those great men aren't good enough for you, then whom shall we take as a model?
There really isn't a long lasting, stable, happy, humanitarian, intellect based society in all of history.
>>
>>1284267
The dichotomy between warriors and intellectuals is a false one.
Look at Rome, for example. One of the most militant cultures, and one of the most technically advanced. Moreover, Rome's military successes were based not on fierce warriors, but on technological and organisational superiority. Intellectuals were what made Rome great. All the warrior cultures around it were only good for being federati.
>>
>>1284301
But Rome did not start off like that, the beginnings of Rome was savage war that relied on numerical superiority and better trainined soldiers.
You're reflecting on the whole of Rome but this isn't a empire yet. We are a city-state, maybe not even that. Even the OP said this is just the founding period of what is to come. Strong men build a place that is safe for intellectuals, Rome was built by the blood of thousands before Rome as a republic could allow engineers, architects and artist to follow their passion and talents.
>But for now, we are a small out numbered city state in ancient Poland surrounded by tribes that are either hostile, bigger or both. So we need warrior culture for the time being.
>>
>>1284475
We should ditch the small dick thing,but over all warrior culture would help us in the end
>>
Judging by this hot debate, I assume you're going for
>abandon the field and give it to the warriors
am I correct?
>>
>>1285896
Nope. I'm not going to let memefags run this civ into the ground, so I vote for "find a middle-ground between Training and Religion", which makes it 2-2
>>
>>1287005
yeah me too
>>
>>1287509
alrighty then
I'll wait til the end of the day for you guys to finish voting.
if no consensus is reached by the time I start the new thread, I'll just go with 100% Legislative, because that was what the chieftain envisioned originally.
>>
>>1287511
>>1282135
>we find a middle-ground between Training and Religion
>>
>>1288391
Second, I feel like it's a good balance between the oppoising sides.
>>
aight it is decided then
new thread is here
>>1289291
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.