[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Historical Civ Quest.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 17

File: Civilization.png (31KB, 1357x628px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization.png
31KB, 1357x628px
Inspired by the current Saudi Arabian quest.

Copypasta of rules:

It's 10k BC, the stone age is coming to an end and civilizations begin to form around the great rivers of the old-world.

Pick where your people will live and thrive.

Name cities, regions, provinces, whatever your heart desires.

Chose what they will do over the course of history.

Right now, you guys will vote on our location. Even though the original JPG shows a closed selection of options, you can picked any realistic part of the globe you want. However, know that certain locations will have their own difficulties.
>>
>>124786
Aussie land to start in
>>
Let's start in Niger
>>
I pick the A: Danube River in Europe

>Do you need me to retype my civ or do you already have it?
>>
>>124786
Polynesia, or more specifically, Samoa. But if that's too much of a hassle, New Zealand.
>>
>>124819

Not yet.

Location first.
>>
>>124802
>>124816
>>124819
>>124823

> 1 vote for Australia

> 1 vote for Niger

> 1 vote for Danube River

> 1 vote for Polynesia
>>
>>124860
Supporting Australia
>>
>>124860
Aussie
>>
>>124879
>>124802
>>124884

I will try my hardest if this what the end majority wants, but I hope you realize that severely limits conflict creativity. After all, no major nations existed there before colonization.

Still, I've always been the flexible type.
>>
File: Australian-river-map.png (17KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
Australian-river-map.png
17KB, 600x534px
You see those tiny red dots? That's you.

How about you guys come up with which one of those dots is your capital, the name for the other settlement, and your government/leaders name.

Also, who are you?
>>
>>124947
The northern dot.
>>
>>124947
The one in the middle of the rivers
>Capital: Metche
>other: Auswitsch
>Mel Gibson
>>
>>124947
Pick the red dot between the two rivers, it'll offer better proection from invaders.
>I don't know what to name it in from the USA.
>Govetment:I vote communist, it's good if corruption doesn't spread.
>Leader:We would have two appointed leaders.

One will be a meek man who spends his time doing the eveyday things. >Tod the bland.
While the other deals with tasks out side of the city, like military or expropriation. >Krven The spelunker
>>
We are the Alinta, our capital is the northern settlement called Manda and the other settlement is Merin. Our leader is Called the Toba the pale and is an albino
>>
>>124998
> communist

Get out leftist.
>>
>>124947
If we're naming the capital (top one), I propose the name Mania Koraha, which means Desert Plains.
The other settlement would be called Vaomatua Tele.
The government would be more of a chiefdom than a government, but I'm interested to see any other ideas. As it is a chiefdom, there are no leaders, unless you want me to name every single one.
My name is Tipene Solomon.
>>
File: 1461178370345.gif (2MB, 330x275px) Image search: [Google]
1461178370345.gif
2MB, 330x275px
>>125009
If wanting food for everyone, free education for everyone, and a house and job for everyone then yes, I am a hard core commie!
>>
>>124998
>comunism
Nigger
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 448x328px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 448x328px
>>125025
Aye, don't fight. You'd be Stalin the thread.
>>
>>125016
>>125000

Dice roll?
>>
File: 1430118451647.jpg (37KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1430118451647.jpg
37KB, 1000x1000px
>>125032
>>
Rolled 2, 6 = 8 (2d6)

>>125016
Rolling for this.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>125042
I assume it's out of twenty?
>>
>>125047
Or are you asking if we should?
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>
>>125064

Very well, this wins.

>>125047

Was supposed to be d100, but hey.

Give me some time to write.
>>
>>124947
I suggest a communal republic. We should make the capital along the southern side of the river.

The capital is Cardinia, the leader Alara, and the other city Delin.
>>
>>125075
Aw man...
Next settlement I'll be naming! I'm joking, I'm joking
>>
commie albinos, i like it
>>
So, does anyone want a flag for the cities?
>>
File: jRGG89U.png (7KB, 450x225px) Image search: [Google]
jRGG89U.png
7KB, 450x225px
>>125117
sure
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 1280x853px
>>125135
That's for the top one, here's for the bottom one.
>>
i found a bunch of other flags if anybody wants to see em

>>125141
like the design, but a little too "jpeg" for my taste.
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 1280x640px
>>125148
Luckily for you, I'm shit at making flags. So here's another one. As you can tell, I have a lot of free time on my hands.
>>
File: ChBIK0q.png (9KB, 450x225px) Image search: [Google]
ChBIK0q.png
9KB, 450x225px
>>125154
>>
File: image.png (45KB, 1280x674px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
45KB, 1280x674px
>>125161
Just made this one. Might work on it a bit more, after all, it looks like it has potential.
>>
>>125135
>>125161
>>125179

Alright, so I'm accepting these as the potential flags of the Alinta people (since hammers,sickles, and gears haven't been invented yet).

Also, I tried my hardest to label the settlements of Manda and Merin, but Paint went apeshit on me. If anyone else can do this, they'll be the real MVP. Make sure to also add the maps.

Anyway:

For thousands of years, Toba the pale will be remembered by his ancestors as a bold leader who would lead his people into future greatness. The question is, what did he actually do? Did he:

A. Invent domestication?

B. Invent the first quality weapon?

C. Invent writing?

D. Invent an improved version of the mud hut?

E. Write In. (something simple)

(all technologies can be worked on in the future, but this will give you a big bonus)
>>
>>125207

> Make sure to add the FLAGS
>>
>>125207
A.

Animals have been instrumental to human development.
>>
>>125207
He adapted some of the Polynesian dances. It might sound stupid, but when it comes to culture? You need to win over the Brits.
An example of such would be this.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L72ww1ri-RY
>>
>>125207
C.Invent writing.
We need to record everything so we don't lose anything to the sand of time!
>>
>>125207
>writing
>>
>>125226
>>125231

Writing it is.

Please tell me about this script while I prepare the next round.
>>
>>125297

Forgot name.
>>
>>125297
A script?
As in what we should write?
>>
>>125312

Just describe what it's like.
>>
>>125297
The writing will be carved in to the light side of tree bark that get rolled up like a wooden scroll written with some cole.
> it should be like English with letters the form words but it would start at the top right and read down a left.
>important records are carved in stone or elder wood slabes
>>
>>125315
A sort-of bible type.
>>
>>125316
Support
>>
The year is 8000 BC.

Our two settlements have grown significantly over time. However, there is worry among our people.

A mysterious, larger tribe known as the Bunyips have been recently targeting our gatherers and scouts, claiming that we're stepping onto land rightfully owned by them.

This normally wouldn't be a concern, but lately their threats have been far too hostile for comfort, and their demands have become nothing less than simply owning, well, everything.
>>
>>125543
BUILD WALL
>>
>>125543
Arrange a meeting with them. Perhaps we can come to an agreement not to fight.
Mercy is the best option.
>>
>>125555
I agree with this anon, let's try to talk and persuade them to join us.
>If they are large and tribal they need stability.
>With our writing and intelligence we could rule them!
>>
>>125555
Quads confirm, it'll happen.
>>
File: boi.png (136KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
boi.png
136KB, 1920x1280px
>>125555

With an assembled force of fighters, your elder decides to approach the Bunyips personally.

The first thing you notice is that the camp is a mess. Slums haven't been invented yet, but somehow these people have pulled it off with mud huts. Naked children fight in the middle of crowds over meat scraps.

A little flustered by your sudden arrival and professional presentation of writing, they manage to work a border deal with you that is written in this lands first contract.

You notice while at their camp that they have extremely large animals obviously whipped, beaten, and tied with rope into submission. Strangely enough, they seem to resemble mythic spirits passed on through the written tradition of your people. Whether or not your tribe had assumed them to be all long dead, or nothing more than folk tales, there is great shock upon their discovery.

You ask the Bunyips what they're for, only to be answered with "heavy stuff".
>>
>>125615
Ask what the 'heavy stuff' is.
If they respond with anger, leave them be. We got what we wanted, we will leave them in peace.
>>
>>125624
This
>>
>>125615
Ask them if they will protect us and teach us about the animal if we teach them to be clean or writing or something else.
>>
>>125624

Without skipping a beat, the young Bunyip quickly tosses a large bundle of ropes in a nearby stream. He then fastens the other end of the ropes around the massive beast's neck.

It takes several sickening cracks to the face, but the bleating creature eventually starts to move, snagging and pulling several large rocks out of the river.

A team of a dozen Bunyips quickly prop the rocks on their side, using them as a shell for a future mud hut.

A trade of civilized goods such as hygiene products and writing in exchange for some "Earth Shakers" seem to be fair to the Bunyips.
>>
>>125660
Great! Now that we know what they use them for, we can trade things, and maybe even give them their own state? A flag?
>>
>>125660
>>125678
Yeah I think we should see if they would just like to keep living their life while we handle all the hard thinking and disision making.
>They will farm and hunt while we record their technique and skills so we can improve them.
>>
File: image.png (140KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
140KB, 1280x800px
I made a flag for the Bunyips!
>>
>>125711
>Dubs
I think their culture should be like the Aztecs in Mesoamerica.
>Their God is the sun. who represents war and demands sacrifices in the form of war.
>>
File: image.jpg (858KB, 568x1522px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
858KB, 568x1522px
>>125728
Perhaps maybe the Polynesian gods?
After all, a huge beast could be the Taniwha.
>>
>>125678
>>125695

The Bunyips really like the idea of not having to worry about complex management anymore. In fact, they seem to think that doing whatever the hell they want to do with a subtle rule-book is actually the better end of the stick.

It is here that you guys can now discuss our civilizations next action.

By the way, we're actually going to be jumping a ton of time between some turns without you realizing it, just because of how far back this game is set.

Also, if someone editing-savy could update the map, I'd love you forever.
>>
>>125738
Perhaps we could look around Australia a bit; make some new friends. I could use the practice making flags.
I'd edit, but I'm on mobile.
>>
>>125737
>>125738
I like the idea of Polynesian God but I don't know any of them.
>That said if you have one in mind feel free to replace the sun with it.
>>
>>125746

Though your scouting party walks for weeks, they come back saying that there's nothing different in our world but just more jungle and rolling grasslands.
>>
>>125756
Tamanuiterā, the sun god in Māori.
You know, the was once a Māori legend, where Māui, the demigod, once held the sun in a trap.
Māui takes the jaw-bone of his ancestress Muri-ranga-whenua and uses it as a weapon in his first expedition. This is to snare the Sun and make it go slower because the days were too short for people to get their work done. With the help of his brothers, Māui nooses the Sun and beats him severely with the jaw-bone club until he promises to go slower in the future.
>>
>>125773

Real-talk:

Are you pure-blood native or something?
>>
>>125776
Well, no... Neither is my mother... However, I am from the Ngāpuhi tribe. To answer your question...
YesmaybeI'mprettysureIam.
>>
>>125773
>>125776
Yeah it seems like you really know you stuff man.
>Action:study wood cutting and tools.
>>
>>125785

So your dad's the connection?
>>
>>125797
Well, I've never seen my dad. I'm pretty sure he's European. My Step-dad? He's Samoan amd Tuvaluan, and so am I.
My mum is half-Māori, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>125814

Wait, the monkey's your uncle?
>>
>>125818
...Yeah. Let's go with that.
In other news, in the future, we should probably upgrade our culture a bit. Perhaps if we work well enough, the Brits will let us stay.
>>
>>125826
>>125786

Lets do both.

I need some sleep.

Hopefully I'll be able to host this tomorrow, AND the original founder of this quest type will return.

Also, store front captcha = worst captcha.
>>
>>125818
Can we start studying wood cutting/logging?
>Side action:Start making better tools.
>>
>>125836
Say, what's your timezone? It's 4:40 PM here.
>>
>>125848
It's 10 PM in the USA
>>
>>125848

CTZ
>>
>>125857
>>125855
Ah, I understand now. I'll see you guys later. In the meantime, I'll practice making new flags for the cities we make. Haere rā!
>>
File: image.png (48KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48KB, 600x534px
I attempted to update the map. It failed horribly, but I had a go. Next time I'll try a bit harder.
pls don't hurt me, am 8
>>
File: image.jpg (187KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187KB, 600x534px
>>125935
Forgot nation name.
>>
The year is 2280 BC.

Through centuries of integration and collaboration, the Bunyip name has faded through time. As a result of this population growth and prosperity, Alinta has created three more settlements moving up north of your home river.

With large bustling cities of mud huts, a strong economy of Earth Shakers and rock/wood work, and a literate majority, this is truly a Golden Age. Several festivals of food and dance have also become yearly ritual.

You may now decide your next advancement, as well as name things.
>>
>>127613
Let's invent mass orgies.
>>
>>127613
Begin expanding along the river, and try to create a monetary system.

GET RID OF BARTERING
>>
>>127613
Better farming techniques, like irrigation.
>>
I'm going to need a majority vote.
>>
Fine, we'll invent money.
>>
But ONLY if they are called Dollarydoos.
>>
Wow OP I gotta say your thread made progress pretty fucking fast.
I honestly thought it was gonna look more like mine, but this seems fairly original so far.
Good job m8.
>>
>>127720

Thanks man! That means so much! You came up with one hell of a concept, and I hope that me "ripping it off" will inspire it to become an established genre.

>>127656
>>127701
>>127712

Let me quickly write something up.
>>
The year is 2000 BC.

As requested by the elder, Alintas best stone workers have created thumb-sized disks of smooth river stone, etched with official markings. The concept has a rocky (pun) start, but soon people of all walks of life use the stones for acquiring food and supplies.

Your people seem unstoppable.

However, one day, a tribe of 50 badly wounded and sick members approach your territory, seeking entrance. They do not seem to speak your tongue.
>>
Stay 50 feet away from them and throw rocks at them. They'll most likely flee and won't spread their disease.
>>
Take the wounded ones, quarantine the sick ones
>>
Sky High, don't you know that's how all zombie stories start?
>>
>>127756
BUILD WALL
>>
I would like to point out that you didn't ask what kind of sickness the people have.
>>
I agree with the build wall idea. Who cares what sickness it is? It's bad.
>>
Look, I didn't plan on feeding you this much information, but the sickness they have is nutritional. As in, you notice they're sick because they have fevers and have ribs showing. I was retard and worded that poorly.
>>
And how does that change our opinion on building a wall?
>>
This is clearly a trap by the kangaroos. We let them in and they'll kill us in our sleep.
>>
>>127843

Fair enough.

You drive the crowd away with stones and construct a large mud/stone wall around each of your settlements. The walls stand 15 feet.

A few weeks after the crowd left, your people hear screams and crashes in the far off distance.
>>
>>127864
Prepare defences
>>
See? They were cursed. Anyways, let's reinforce the wall.
>>
>>127871
>>127874

By embedding sticks into the inner side, the walls can now allow slingers and spear-men to climb to the top and look over. You also manage to heavily strengthen the walls by reinforce them with trees pulled out by Earth Shakers.

The screams have died down, but there is now a large tower of smoke bellowing in the that direction.
>>
>>127937

> forgot name

> by reinforcing
>>
Dig a moat around wall.
>>
>>127937
Start studying bows and arrows with stone tips.
>Do we have any kind of mining or Metallurgy knowledge?
>>
>>127955
>>128109

You already have basic bows and arrows, but I'd count this as an improvement roll.

Can I get a tie-breaker vote?
>>
>>128193

> forgot name AGAIN
>>
>>128193
Everyone is at work right now probably.
>Make better bows and arrow while studying stone tips and heads.
>>
>>128986

Valid point. Maybe I'll start again in the evening.

Weapon improvement will be the next round though.
>>
>>128994
Awesome! It's just noon and I get weekends off.
>>
>>129002

I'm also free tomorrow as well.

While you wait for more members, you can name things that have not been named yet, as well as ask questions that though world building, wouldn't require a "turn" for me to answer.
>>
>>129017
Can we get a quick over veiw of what building we have, our population and what are people are like?
>I want a very progressive civ the praises advancement over all but I'm just one voice.
>>
>>129033

You have 5 "cities", each surrounded by their own 15 foot wall. Your population is currently 12,000.

The actual buildings in your cities themselves are made from mud and stone/wood skeletons.

After the absorption of the Bunyips, progress and a labor-based economy have always been a part of your people, with "Earth Shaker master" being your average worker.
>>
File: Catoblepas.jpg (79KB, 640x461px) Image search: [Google]
Catoblepas.jpg
79KB, 640x461px
>>129090
What would the earth shakers look like and what do we know we can use them for?
>Milk, leather, beef or pack animal
>>
>>129219

Aside from obviously being a beast of burden, the Earth Shakers are also used by Alintans for meat.

As for what they look like, look up what period in time you acquired them, and you'll have a pretty good idea of what they are.
>>
>>129284
Say, OP, is it possible you could tell me the aspects of our culture? Perhaps we could focus on it next next round.
TIPENE'S BACK, BOYS
>>
>>129418

Those are very much things decided by you guys.
>>
>>129598
Are we going back online anytime?
>>
>>131649
Hopefully now. It's 4:10 PM here, and I think we might be able to play soon.
>>
>>132599
>>131649

Sorry guys.

Relatives came over and I swapped priorities. Maybe sometime today.
>>
>>134202
See you then op, I just got here and really enjoy this type of quest so keep it up.

Oh and irrigation, metallurgy and infrastructure should be our main goals.
>>
Alright, I'm back. I have things to do today, but I'll check from time to time and post an update. Don't worry, I'll make the best of it when I can.

Anyway- this is our current situation:

>>127937

I was an idiot again and forgot to put into consideration that since this is a "real-time" turn, that tech upgrades won't be possible as a roll. Sorry about that. I'll incorporate it somewhere though, I promise.

What do you guys do?
>>
>>134874
Give everyone a bit to pile in, send a few fast scouts to observe the problem and get people trained and together for defence if needed.
Also i am new how does research work?
>>
>>134874
>>135106
We should get working on discovering metal and start building roads/trails as well.
>>
>>135106

Most turns are time-jumps, so then you could develop tech.

However, this is a more "current week" event, so it's not like you're inventing Greek Fire in one Tuesday.
>>
>>135129
Okay thanks well my vote for scouts and arming a citizen militia stands maybe train them a bit.
>>
>>135143

Lets wait a few more minutes, and then I'll write something up if no one wants to add anything.
>>
>>135143

There is great disturbance among the whispers of the streets. As husbands and brothers are called to arm themselves with their family spears and manage the walls, a scouting group of Alintas finest are sent to the source of the smoke.

There, is the sight of the underworld. Charred and mutilated corpses litter the ground like bushes and rocks. Several severed heads lay in a pile, their skulls cracked open and empty. Some corpses are left unburned, but are covered in rotting, gaping holes. The ground is even with blood.

Suddenly, one of the unburned, a man with bones for legs, grabs the ankle of one of the scouts, gasping "demons" before finally ceasing to breath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6VocM4m3Fk
>>
>>135230
Shit begin training people to fight together tell them it was just raiders not monsters and scout the area strengthen defences atound our towns.
>>
>>135230
This may be a bad time to run op more will be on later.
>>
>>135292
THIS
>>
>>135548
metal working and stone masonry need to be the next stuff we work on.
>>
>>135292
this
>>
>>135292
>Study military discipline and simple formation.
>Start building better quality weapons for the impending battle.
>>
Plans got more complicated than expected.

Thanks for being so patient guys, I'll try to find a good time in the evening.
>>
>>135580
Seconding.
Maybe after that we can search across Australia to see if there's any new people who came here.
>>
>>138604
Yeah it looks like it's time to scout Australia out and nip any threats at the bud.
>>
>>138687
We'll try to get on their good sides. Besides, I could use the practice making flags for them.
>>
Sorry I'm such a shit OP guys. Im not kill, but things keep piling up. It might take awhile this week to find time for this, but you bet your buts I'll make it good when I can.

As for your voting, I have it locked and memorized.
>>
>>138797
Hey, it's fine. When you feel shitty, remember this:
At least you aren't a risk OP.
>>
Week after week ticks by as joy is devoured from the settlements. Bows and spears are aimed towards sparring citizens frequently, as local militias are tuned to precision.

Likewise, the settlement walls have become places of food and song, with guards volunteering to stay at position all day, under the thought that it's the only way they'll know if their families are safe.

Today, a scouting party reported freshly burned grassland, bones, and large, clawed footprints a fair walking distance away from Alinta territory.
>>
>>141830
Ask the Soldiers/Scouts to keep an eye on it. In the meantime, let's focus on developing more weapons.
>>
>>141830
Keep scouting the surrounding area with more parties, and devote the time spent on non-essential tasks on investigating new techniques to produce better weapons.
>>
>>142049
>>142064

Because this is during a "quick-time" event, I'll need a 1d100.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>142108
Oh.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 296x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 296x444px
>>142169
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>142108
4 hours to late how am i doing?
>>
MIGHT have a time slot to write some shit.

Who's all in?
>>
>>145736
Shit, If only I was here earlier.
Here.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.