[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 481
Thread images: 94

File: QTG.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
QTG.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for fun should look elsewhere.

Please do (not) shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means evading tripfag drama or discussion about controversial subjects such as the decentralization of the roman empire.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w (embed)
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics, and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and animæ)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense):
https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ

http://qst.wikia.com
This abortion of a wiki gives brief summations of quests and QMs as well as quest culture in general. Additions are encouraged.

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Question
What do you find fun about char gen?

>Player Question
What is the minimum amount of shit that needs to happen every session to keep you engaged? Is there a minimum?
>>
>>1245464
>What do you find fun about char gen?

Watching people argue over which choice is better while not knowing what's behind each door.

As a player occasionally Cucking FeMC Yuri Shitters
>>
Crusader quest 2.0 when?
>>
CyberNinja Quest #2 starts now:
>>1245584
>>1245584
>>
I miss the Jojo and Oroboro quests.
>>
File: BoomerangFaggot.jpg (2MB, 1084x6211px) Image search: [Google]
BoomerangFaggot.jpg
2MB, 1084x6211px
Can your favorite quest's QMC even HOPE to stand up to the might of REIZE SEATLAN?
>>
>>1245649
This is advanced faggotry. Like, levels of faggotry previously thought impossible.

>>1245551
>spoilers
In my experience this only results in losing readers. It's also very poor form.
>>
>>1245464

>QM Question

Well, I've done completely clean slate Char-Gen as well as "Fill in the blanks" Char-Gen for MCs, and I ask players of my quests to sometimes come up with filler characters for tournaments and/or mooks to beat up, so...?

I guess I just like seeing what others come up with and use their ideas to mold them into something more, with a few of the characters pitched at me getting bigger roles over time. I'm starting to feel that /qst/'s player base aren't particularly interested in filling the blanks for characters, or asking about the lore of a setting. Then again, I'm just a damn dirty fanfic QM, but even when I ran on /tg/ I would get questions about what's changed in the setting every now and then.

>Player Question

I guess a sense of the plot moving forward, or settling a side-issue that was getting in the way of our main goal... Basically, just having a sense of progression would be nice.

>>1245649

Oh fuck, that's the shit-head from Shovel Knight isn't it?

>TFW I thought he was a parody character deliberately designed to take the piss out of similar annoyingly clichéd Anime characters
>>
I haven't checked on this board since shortly after its creation.

How has everything turned out, lads?
>>
>>1245799

Awful. I went from having 5-6 players on /tg/ to barely 2-3 on /qst/.
>>
>>1245799
It's okay. Everyone still whines about it though.
>>
>>1245825
>players didn't care enough about the quest to follow it to a different board
>this is the boards fault
>>
>>1245833

This board shouldn't have been created in the first place. That's the underlying issue.
>>
>>1245833

>players don't care enough about your quest to commit ritualistic suicide in honor of your narrative
>this is the ritualistic suicide's fault
>>
File: 1488971769667.png (267KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1488971769667.png
267KB, 512x512px
>>1245649
Holy Shit
>>
>>1245857
To be fair Soma's latin cult gave me doughnuts and beer, 10/10 would suicide with so you can say the QM can encourage this behavior if they really want their players to commit.
>>
To any QMs that visit this shit hole of a thread, what would you say is the update or story post that you are most proud of? What session? Which one was your personal favorite, i.e. the one you had the most fun making or that you otherwise enjoyed?
>>
>>1245943

I'm a shitty fanfic QM. I think all of my writing is awful and I'd never share anything with anybody, least of all the hordes that browse /qtg/.
>>
>>1245943
When i made the players realize they just asked the magic kid to perform euthanasia on someone.

And the kid did it.
>>
>>1245799

Crusty?
>>
>>1245943
In one quest, the update I liked the most was one where the business-like bad guy crit failed and locked himself out on top of a skyscraper roof with the heroine and zero henchmen. That was a lot of fun, but ended an arc rather prematurely.
>>
File: uuiuiu.png (22KB, 760x700px) Image search: [Google]
uuiuiu.png
22KB, 760x700px
Just a really small continent Im working on right now, looking to make it look more interesting, but I will first make all the icons for the cities (3 or so left) and then probably add some natural features just so it doesn't look so barren.

Uuiuiu is a placeholder but I will probably keep it anyway.
>>
>>1246048
It looks a good step above what typical civ maps look like. You've got the rainshadows of the mountains and the rivers geographically sound, which a lot don't often bother with. I'd make the mountains dark grey and add some greenery to the lowermost river for consistency with the others, and maybe some more river settlements.
>Uuiuiu
I am curious about the proper enunciation of this.
>>
File: Ling.jpg (10KB, 305x259px) Image search: [Google]
Ling.jpg
10KB, 305x259px
>>1246057
>I am curious about the proper enunciation of this.
Ever watched Kung Pow?
>>
>>1246068
Perfect.
>>
>>1246057
Yeah those icons represent the capitals of their respective states but there are more settlements around I just haven't made something to represent smaller villages and the like, I will probably change the color of the mountains and totally add green to that river and the small lakes in the middle of the desert.
>I am curious about the proper enunciation of this
Yeah me too.
>>
>>1225528
>>1225528
>>1225528

Dark Souls Quest is still running
>>
>>1245799
If you exclusively follow quests that established themselves on /tg/ and/or always had ~20 players or more, you may not notice a difference. Otherwise it's not great. The 'new tools' really don't amount to much and the board is slow as shit.
>>
So, after going back and reading Lunar Quest (RIP Keychain of Creation), I'd really like to try running a quest in Exalted myself. Wouldn't be a drawquest (I'd love to do one of those, but I'm horrible at drawing), but it'd be set in Creation, probably in the East.

Would people play a quest like that? How should I handle mechanics? Chargen would be necessary since they'd have to pick their skills and Caste and all that, what's the best way to go about handling that?
>>
>>1245464

Developing the character's past and giving glimpses of the lore while doing so, I find it works especially well for decisions made long ago to affect the mindset and options available to the character in the present.

For example:
>(1) Ruthless Trait:
On Otessa VI you made some hard calls. Men died, comrades and bystanders both, but if not for their sacrifice so many more would have perished. You have a reputation for getting the job done, no matter the cost.
>(2) Compassionate
Otessa VI exposed you to human suffering on an unimaginable scale. You risked everything, your life and the mission, to stop the Anchortown Massacres. You didn't save many, you couldn't. But to those lucky few you are a Hero.
>What is the minimum amount of shit that needs to happen every session to keep you engaged? Is there a minimum?
This can happen a lot. A session or several sessions getting dragged down in introductions or fairly unimportant or unrevealing conversation. I'm not sure what the minimum baseline is to retain my interest, but it's quickly lost when the choices throughout aren't very interesting or differ much in result.

As I recall, Stardust Quest eventually got to that part. Several session were spent on a 'Namek' world where we didn't seem to make much progress and input was minimal, in part because of the bland choices.

>go left
>go right
>check for traps

That kind of deal.
>>
>>1246057
>rainshadows and rivers geographically sound.

Gigantic pseudo deltas? Splitting rivers? No cojoining rivers? all lakes isolated? desert on a tiny scale "because mountains"?

I have nothing against any of the above, I have nothing about fantasy maps with geographically nonsensical features, but to say this is geographically sound is laughable
>>
>>1245943
Actually managing to finish Snakecatcher. I flagged super hard and nearly gave up on the final lap.
>>
>>1245799
Established quests from /tg/ have survived well enough, or QMs that already had a following for their works. The fonts and colour options are nice, and a big thread can get REAL big which is perfect for nice long sessions. Samefagging is curbed (somewhat) due to the ID, you have to be dedicated to shit-stir a thread but it's still possible.

It's pretty rough on new QMs trying to strike out though, at least that's my impression. The lack of traffic means few people actively browse the board for new quests, whereas in /tg/ you'd always have people browsing that might spot something to their tastes. Despite that, I've seen well-prepared quests take off despite being run by a QM new to the scene.

Added to that, there is an impression of more shit-tier quests around when that junk has always been present but was simply bumped off quicker because of the many new threads.

TL;DR Old QM's are handling it fine, new QM's can struggle to get a crowd. New toys and aspects are good, lack of traffic makes things look worse than they really are.
>>
>>1246746
>pretty rough
Try almost impossible.
>>
>>1245799
About as well as expected.
>>
>>1246750
Timing, Presentation and Content are the three big things that will

(1) Timing. Your first thread simply HAS to be run on the weekend, preferably timed so that your target audience is awake and not at work. Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday are the sweet spots when the trickle on /qst/ turns into something approaching a stream.

If your first thread gets enough participants (I'd say minimum 3 consistent votes per QM post by the end of the thread) make sure you have included your Twitter account in the OP and let them know when you're running it next. That's your meal ticket to a ready crowd on the next thread.

(2) Presentation. There are some nifty QM toys with the colour and fonts, don't be afraid to use them. But more importantly grammar, you'd be surprised how many people can be put off by frequent spelling mistakes and poor sentence structure.

Ideally for you first thread you should be pumping out a post every 15 minutes, regardless of the number of votes.

(3) Content. It's all well and good if you sincerely -want- to run Magical Amputee Girls Quest but you have to understand if that's not going to intrigue people into playing.

But more than that, you have to be prepared for the thread with more than just a general idea of how it will progress, preferably with entire posts already written and planned out. Each post should be a couple of paragraphs, not a couple of sentences.

Few threads can spend the entirety of the thread chargen and expect to do well. If you are chargen, try and integrate it into the story as it continues. Don't fall into the trap of presenting fairly bland or unimportant choices.

I'm kind of talking out of my arse here because I migrated from /tg/, so take this all with a grain of salt.
>>
>>1246759
Yeah, do all this and you can get five players for your first session!
Four by the second!
Three for the third!

Then a stable two(2) players from that point.
>>
>>1246760
I get the impression you're a little disgruntled.
>>
>>1246760
I think you're just doing it badly.
>>
>>1246760
Yup, that was basically my experience with my first quest here, rather demoralising all things considered. But there are exceptions to that rule and I have seen a few quests doing quite well with a previously unknown QM, most recently Scribe's Trawler Quest has done very well for itself for example.
>>
>>1246767
you've got players ostrich, but participating in your micromanage slogs is like pulling teeth.
>>
>>1246764
>u mad
Wow dude nice argument haha FUCK you
>>
>>1246771
Jesus man, I wasn't trying to make fun of you. I wouldn't have bothered typing out all that shit if that was the case. What the hell happened to make you this salty?
>>
>>1246772
Kill yourself
>>
>>1246759
>prewriting
you should remind QMs to always be prepared to throw it all out the window.
>>
>>1246776
Yeah the very moment you start your first thread here be prepared to trash all that hard work you've put in
>>
>>1246759
> Ideally for you first thread you should be pumping out a post every 15 minutes, regardless of the number of votes.

>start thread
>Spend six to twelve updates talking to myself

I thought about doing quick updates at one point but in the end it just meant one person was making decisions that really ought to be agreed upon by more people.

And my threads have decent amounts of unique IPs so I'm fairly certain it isn't just one person playing at all.
>>
File: Paladin of Avalon_s.jpg (2MB, 1920x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Paladin of Avalon_s.jpg
2MB, 1920x1152px
>>1244863
Yes, once. It turned out alright.
>>
>>1246770
all the more proof that you don't have to be perfect to have players.
>>
>>1246733
Why do they need to pick a caste and all that? You're in a better position to get PLOT happening if you can launch with something like you're a Immaculate monk off pacifying rogue gods in the Threshold and oh snap you're Anathema. This still lets you work in some chargen elements if you want (like how the character responds to all this) but having at least a skeleton of a backstory puts you in a much stronger position for coming up with NPCs and plots to use.

I personally think minimal mechanics are best. Every single rule set of Exalted is way too fiddly to run as a quest.
>>
>>1246733
There are currently about three Exalted Quests running, two Alchemical quests and a Solar quest. The Solar one is probably one of the few actually popular quests on the board with lots of discussion and players.

Mechanics-wise, the longer running Alchemical quest runs combat using 3e's initiative system and the Solar quest uses a more simplified version of 2e's system.
>>
File: 1488747351241.jpg (286KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488747351241.jpg
286KB, 1024x1024px
>>1246746
>TL;DR Old QM's are handling it fine, new QM's can struggle to get a crowd.

Curious question: How would you guys, as players, feel if QMs you follow used their twitter to recommend freshly started quests that they approve of?

Would you find that annoying or helpful? Do you think this could be a good way to help new quests get started? Would you even give a shit about such a recommendation from your QM?
>>
>>1246871
I read their twitter only because I want to know when they'll run next. I don't give two shits about twitter besides that and it'd just clutter up the actually useful information.
>>
>>1246871
grain of salt. I know some of these QMs well, and sometimes the quests they like may not be the quests I like.
>>
File: Unresolved_e203e2_5503934.gif (436KB, 472x479px) Image search: [Google]
Unresolved_e203e2_5503934.gif
436KB, 472x479px
BATMAN QUEST CONTINUES:
Last time we set up our proficiencies to be a sort of tech savvy monk, remembered our childhood and meeting of Bruce Wayne and were officially passed the mantle of Batman.

Join now as we go to find Mario Falcone, a son of (one of) Bruce's arch nemesis and ask him what he's doing setting up a gun deal in our city.

>>1243993
>>
>>1246871
with the ones I follow, I'd welcome it
>>
>>1246846
Hm. That's a fair point. That actually could work with the basic backstory I had in mind for the QMC, but I'm aiming for the QMC to be a Solar so there's just the issue of "What if what they do meets the criteria for a different exalt-type more?" Lunar could potentially end up fitting them, for example. Which, I wouldn't mind running with them as a Lunar, but Solar seems the easiest to explain to people not all that familiar with Exalted. Maybe I'm worrying too much though, players do tend to try and be the cool hero-type guy when possible, after all.

So, as for mechanics, suppose I'd have to figure something out. Cause just using 3e or 2e straight sounds like it would be terrible for a quest. Maybe just give them their mote pools, their attributes/abilities, and then give them a list of powers related to their best abilities? How would they gain more then, just come up with new abilities on the spot when they do something often enough to "train" it?
>>
>>1246871
I'd be somewhere between fine with and in favour of it.
>>
File: 9YsclNc.png (19KB, 1452x111px) Image search: [Google]
9YsclNc.png
19KB, 1452x111px
>>1245649
Jesus christ dude what is even the point of this level of backstory
>>
>>1247095
>point of this level of backstory
Novelist autism
>>
>>1245943
I abandoned my first quest a long ass time ago now (It was a pretty shitty Konosuba fanfic quest that I started in the early days of /qst/, and eventually I stopped being able to give players a sense of progression), due to a near total lack of players in the later threads and I also started attending uni, but I remember being really proud of the play that I wrote in, the history book that I wrote for the worldbuilding, and the cooperative dungeon where the players took control of two groups to solve puzzles. There were also some moments that people seemed to really enjoy, where I felt like I properly captured the style of humour and writing that makes Konosuba so good, and its characters feel so fluid and enjoyable. "Oh-No-Suba!" on suptg if you're curious. Pretty sure I remember my tripcode so I'll put it in but it's been a really long time.
>>
>>1247314
Hell yeah can't believe I still remember that shit, looks like creampie racist
>>
>>1247314
Oh hey, I remember that existed. Neat to see you're still alive
>>
RIP Crusty, I still remember you.
>>
File: mtLqA3K.png (15KB, 588x187px) Image search: [Google]
mtLqA3K.png
15KB, 588x187px
>>1247456
>>1247468
You did good.
>>
>>1247477
I need not you approval plebian, only the hope that a mote light will shine beyond this eternal twilight and lead our hero back to us.
>>
>An Isekai Quest!
Where the protagonist awakens in another world every time he dies
>>
>>1247575
So that character from planescape lore? Not the games protagonist, the late stage spoilery one.
>>
>>1247445
ayy friend how it do
>>
>>1245943
It was either that Nat 20 in Spartan-II Quest or the Nat 100 in Exalted when the players snuck into an Eleven camp and murdered like ten dudes
>>
File: uuiuiu.png (32KB, 760x700px) Image search: [Google]
uuiuiu.png
32KB, 760x700px
>>1246741
Well Im just trying to make a not so shitty map so yeah I didn't make much research before starting the map.
>>
>>1246746
>Established quests from /tg/ have survived well enough,

Name five
>>
>>1245464
new planetary governor quest when?
>>
>>1246909
OKAY! I think I got a basic framework for mechanics done, written down in a pastebin for reference. I'll go ahead and share it here, let me know if it seems too heavy or whatever.

http://pastebin.com/vtjdjFsF

The way I'm planning it, the quest will start before the QMCs exaltation, and decisions the players make leading up to that point will decide their stats, along with what their caste is. They'll get a handful of charms after the prologue, and whenever an arc has concluded they'll have a chance to pick new charms from a tree I'll write up. That sound alright? It's a little crunchier than most quest mechanics, but Exalted seems to be one of those settings where a little bit of crunch is necessary.
>>
CyberNinja Quest continues:
>>1249269
>>1249269
>>
>>1248502
Hive Queen Quest, Death Among the Stars, Black Company Quest, most fanfic quests, whatever MercCommand & GermanSchteel do
>>
So what ever happened to that Rogue Trader quest? I remember the first three threads being pretty big, but now I can't even find thread 3 on the archives.
>>
Not sure if anyone remembers Hitmaid, but would resurrecting something long dead be okay at this point? Or am I beating a dead bush that should be burned and buried at this point?
>>
>>1249739
You can do it if you believe in yourself, anon.
And write worth a damn.
>>
>>1249739
Nope
>>
>>1249739
It wouldn't be the first time a quest has come back after a long hiatus.
Hitmaid was a fun quest, I hope you decide to start running again.
>>
File: bunker png.png (162KB, 1405x1416px) Image search: [Google]
bunker png.png
162KB, 1405x1416px
I'm still thinking over what game would be fun in this Bunkeville map.

If anyone has an idea that might be cool I'll be glad to listen in.
>>
>>1248223
and that's ABSOLUTELY fine.

Although it's easy to remember: Rivers don't split except for the most extreme circumstances, they merge. And only the Nile Delta is actually the Nile Delta.
>>
>>1249787
If you're building your bunker with enough of an eye toward security to have a guard barracks and a guard post by the entrance and all that, why would you ever put the emergency reactor right near the entrance? Which is presumably the least secure part of your bunker.
>>
>>1249787
Fallout Vault Dweller Quest?
>>
>>1249884
Well it's the furthest away from the main reactor, so if there's a major disturbance in that area, or even half the bunker, then they still have a generator that runs the facility. Also the door to this place is pretty Fallout-Vault-Like and they need a power operator right there near it in the case of emergency because you're not opening this thing up without electricity.

This is just my reasoning though, it could turn out to be an absolute disaster, but that's part of the game!
>>
>>1247095
That's just the tip of the iceberg

http://seizui.wikidot.com/reize-seatlan
>>
>>1249895
Could be! I'm debating rather we just have one hero or have factions trying to control The bunker. Lots of thoughts.
>>
>>1249898
I'm not so much talking about the plot-justification of potential stories (like the major disturbance thing) but the mindset of a person/society who would build such a vault. Which when ignored is something that always really triggers my suspension of disbelief with these things.

Guard post implies the builders are worried about someone coming in, but reactors are a bad thing to have sabotaged. Also no possibility of manual override on the door seems bizarre from a design perspective. And it's not like most people build vital infrastructure expecting to lose control of it due to civil unrest or whatever, they usually put more security in and figure they'll control the masses rather than allow a challenge to the power monopoly, or build everything with an overly optimistic assumption of peace.

Plus you can get far away from the main reactor without being near the entrance anyway.

I don't know, it just feels like plot-serving/video game logic rather than how people actually build things.
>>
>>1249924
Huh! I made this a while ago so I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking when I put it there. I bet it was so if I did a faction game that people would have two power sources.

Any idea where it might be better placed?
>>
File: Three kingdoms quest.jpg (860KB, 1708x2790px) Image search: [Google]
Three kingdoms quest.jpg
860KB, 1708x2790px
HIstorical fiction !!IAKNfGKcStw creates another quest FUCKING WHEN?
>>
>>1249936
>I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking when I put it there. I bet it was so if I did a faction game that people would have two power sources

Yeah, that's exactly what it felt like, which is what bugged me.

At a glance, off the Armory or the Mayor's Office both make a certain amount of sense. Those places would both be pretty high security anyway. Another reasonable option might be to put it off the backup water purifier since they basically serve the same function. Speaking of which, why wouldn't there be a backup air cleanser, since that seems pretty vital too?

Of course, hiding it in the school or something might also be fun, and that could still be connected to the backup purifier.
>>
>>1249924
>Guard post implies the builders are worried about someone coming in

Not quite, they could be worried about people getting out, which could make for a rather interesting plot twist even, or the emergency reactor and the guard post could be meant to protect against different kinds of events, as the other anon said. The guard post protects from threats getting in, while the reactor protects against disasters or threats from within, such as the main reactor going out or a disaster forcing the facility to be evacuated. My guess would be that they would place an emergency reactor in that area specifically to power the door and the guard post itself, maybe even offering enough power to reach the mayor's office and the main hall, so that even if the shit hit the fan there is enough power (literally in this case) centralized so that the leadership can effectively declare and maintain martial law. After all, if the power goes out, now the only people with power are going to be the people who also have guns.

It could also potentially be used to power internal defences, such as turrets, robots, or power suits which are used to help defend the bunker itself.

Either way, that's just me thinking from the perspective of someone building this thing and trying to figure out their reasoning. Having built one myself in the Fallout mobile game, I can say that the reason I placed a reactor next to my entrance is because I needed power and it was the first room I could afford to reach. Same thing usually happens when I play Evil Genius, although I usually try to replace it somewhere more protected afterwards.
>>
File: Bunkerville remodel 1.png (166KB, 1405x1416px) Image search: [Google]
Bunkerville remodel 1.png
166KB, 1405x1416px
>>1249955
>>1249978
Did a reshape to see how it looks.
Seems like there's a lot of Emergency Services on The West Side.
>>
>>1249993
But all of the dorms are also on the west side, so it makes perfect sense to have the living areas and the emergency facilities close by. Also makes sense the Mayor would have direct access to some of them, so I think it works out really well actually.
>>
>>1250025
Gotta have those air scrubbers next to the classrooms.
SO THEM KIDS CAN BREATH
>>
>>1250029
Well, slight oxygen deprivation could actually do some pretty nasty stuff to a developing kid's brain over the years.
>>
>>1249951
So you can raise a shitstorm about which kingdom to join, which generals to recruit and which waifus to waifu again?

Fucking never anon.
>>
>>1250127
>which waifus to waifu again?
*which waifu to get graphically raped
>>
>>1250131
are you still on about that?
>>
I'm not trying to dick-ride on Breath of the Wild, but would a Zelda Quest be anything people would be interested in?
>>
>>1250637

Fanfic QMs need to neck themselves desu senpai.
>>
>>1250637
look up secret princess zelda or whatever
>>
>>1250648
Not that I won't, but is it any good? Or are you telling me to look it up as a cautionary tale?
>>
>>1250653
look how long it is. There is you answer for how many people "would be interested".
>>
>>1250655
I wish the archives had the total unique posters listed, but just looking at the average length of some of those threads tells me all I need to know.
Can't say I'd ever do anything Zeldo as the PC though.
>>
>>1250665
>*anything with Zeldo as the PC
>>
>>1249895
Making up Vaults is such a fun creative exercise.
>>
>>1248985
Getting down notes for the first thread now, think I might be able to run this evening. Feedback on this would be appreciated while I do that.
>>
>>1250665
Read it and tell me if Zelda is a dyke
>>
>>1250112
>>1250029

O2 dep at random times in my childhood gave me flashes of random and persistent psychopathic imaginings and thoughts and turned a perfect memory into a tactile and emotion perfect memory only.

Give them the oxygen. They need it.
>>
>>1250800
This
>>
>>1250829
IsekaO2 quest

You've been reborn into a fantasy world......high up in the mountains. Although the adults are barely handling it, you and all the rest of the first generation born here are slowly becoming retarded from lack of oxygen.
>>
When the fuck are good new quests going to show up?
>>
What happened to all of the skirmish games? Those were my favourite.
>>
>>1250637
Still waiting for the majora's mask based quest to continue. I don't even remember how many years it has been, but I'm waiting. Forever waiting.
>>
File: Yuuhi lost it again.gif (89KB, 270x250px) Image search: [Google]
Yuuhi lost it again.gif
89KB, 270x250px
Ryukuza quest is begin. Dragons, oni, nekomata, and sorceresses, oh wai. >>1250936

>>1250848
I'd play it.
>>
>>1250874
Define good
>>
So how much prep do you guys do before running a new quest?

Pre-writing?
Outline?
Mind map thing?
Vague idea?
Pure seat of the pants?
>>
>>1251071
>Idea of setting
>Mp of starting area
>Literally improv and question why people like this
>>
>>1251078
map*
>>
>>1251071
I'm not a QM, but if I were I'd say

Pre-write the OP.

Outline of what I want to happen during the session, but don't hold strictly too it if things get off rails.

Have vague ideas of how the story will go if anon chooses A instead B, etc.
>>
>>1251071
For an entirely new quest, I get the concept out of it noted down. I iron out the details of the setting I know I want set in stone, which is usually enough to let me adjust or derive an answer to whatever odd questions I might get thrown later. Character name, some starting motivation to get the ball rolling, and a few specific members for a core supporting cast that I can flesh out and work with.

As far as pre-writing goes, I write the OP, and I take some setting notes of overall details, or character goals or traits.

After that, you just kind of let it fly and see how it goes.
>>
File: 20170305_181911.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170305_181911.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>1246742
Thank you for that, mane
>>
>>1251101
They never suspect The Pocket Snake.
>>
>>1251108
I think we did that at some point during the quest
good times
>>
>>1251078
It's rare for a plot to emerge organically from that. The worst thing in the world are those open world quests where all you get are prompts on where to go, as if any of it makes a single bit of difference to players.

>you have no memories, now collect some junk and maybe fight a wolf or something
No.

Amnesia is best when you're immediately presented with intense scenarios that the main character would understand if he still had memories. And because he doesn't, you have to decide what to make of them.
>>
>>1250848
>slowly becoming retarded
How will we he able to tell with the average quester?
>>
>>1251071
>Pre-writing?
None

>Outline?
Vague

>Mind map thing?
Full map and Mind map and Bullshit map
Pic related

>Pure seat of the pants?
By the ischium
>>
File: Oh, Shit..png (31KB, 267x302px) Image search: [Google]
Oh, Shit..png
31KB, 267x302px
Also Symbiote Quest goes live at 7:33PM EST and I still suck at finding Character's Voices these days
>>
>>1249540

will be back on march 16, the qm is running the changeling quest, and its pretty neat.

I guess the QM got tired of us doing stupid shit and burned out a little of the rogue trader verse
>>
File: Venus_Dare.png (569KB, 755x755px) Image search: [Google]
Venus_Dare.png
569KB, 755x755px
Would you guys like a bartender quest?
>>
>>1251531
What kind of bar? What kind of tender?
>>
>>1251541
Depends on what location you guys want.
>>
>>1251531
yes.

and do it in the bloodlines world.
>>
yoouu know

if you actually want to see smart players
or anything remotely close

you have to have your quest pose smart problems to solve, not just puzzles or backdropped situational hints to greater solutions, frameworks for thought beyond obvious things
or put the characters into precarious positions in which thinking of a solution is an actual probability, either because they're the character that needs to think of a plan or they have characters depending upon their thoughts and conclusions

most of the time qms do not do this or they just pretend to, making their idea of good plans a bonus to the arbitrary roll
when the good qms do that and also make these player thoughts integral parts of the quest's direction

a vague situation, where the only notable thing is a problem in a vacuum is like a slingshot, where the players holding it don't know where they're aiming or why, and ideas they have just add plus five or plus ten to dice, success or failure doesn't matter because it doesn't mean anything
smart problems only exist in greater fractals of conflict and narrative/character progression, if they're haphazard ideas thrown out into the wind they'll need something connecting them up later, but many are too lazy to do this simple consistency within their worlds for each their characters, while it is difficult if they do not know their world or characters

because the better way changes the direction of the story, and can still consistently pose problems important to the primary characters and their goals, even if the players change their own ideas three, four, ten dozen times, because the foundation for semi intelligent success and failure hasn't vanished into the ether until the qm stops making use of it

the average quester is the average person
the average person needs these reasons and foundations to engage in anything resembling smart conclusions or discussion

with these things, given to the world and the characters in it within the context of a larger story, even ordinarily banal problems and choices become important, sometimes even too autistically to the point where people argue much and YOU SHOULD'VE PICKED PHASING YOU FUCKING IDIOTS I WILL NEVER LET THIS GO ARANHIawaSDFbhiawdDAg

that's what good questing is

yya kno
>>
>>1251562
While that's all very informative and helpful, I would like to offer a counter argument: I have played Valen Quest for a year now and have gotten no closer to not being stupid about the most painfully obvious things, even when they're literally staring us in the face from the top of a mountain of hints, clues, implications and foreshadowing.

Not saying you're wrong, but the average person is still a fuck up that will yell at children and get everything painfully wrong.
>>
>>1251574
that is the quest i dropped because I was too stupid to play it
so
yes.
>>
>>1251511

Fantasy Crusader Quest #8 is live.
>>
>>1251562
that sort of thing led to players voting to destroy the empire's military thinking that that would create peace. Every single weapon, every single restraining device used to keep the slaves in check, destroyed in a single instant.
>>
>>1251679
>>1251679

Panzer Commander Quest is now running through the weekend, starting off with a rude interruption by a wizard.
>>
File: 1485689303071.jpg (134KB, 704x1182px) Image search: [Google]
1485689303071.jpg
134KB, 704x1182px
Starcaller Quest is running right now.
>>1251749
>>1251749
>>1251749
>>
File: lamplighter5.png (2MB, 1461x1317px) Image search: [Google]
lamplighter5.png
2MB, 1461x1317px
>>1251101
No worries, anon.

In other news, Thread Ten of Lamplighter is now live.
>>1251758
>>
File: F-14 low.jpg (69KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 low.jpg
69KB, 960x640px
Pilot Quest is up!

>>1251932
>>1251932
>>1251932
>>
even fucking /trash/ is faster than this board

this board killed quests on 4chan
>>
>>1252044
/trash/ is for furry, bronies and other shitters clogging up that board. It's not really an accomplishment.
>>
>>1247468
We too remember Crusty.
>>
>>1252044
all acording to keikaku
people called it since day 1
all to appease some whining brats from /qa/
>>
File: C6ahhxFWgAANHSO.jpg (85KB, 610x486px) Image search: [Google]
C6ahhxFWgAANHSO.jpg
85KB, 610x486px
http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-13-name-pending/yk3b7aQTnmEtwCX4g

Got some serious writer's block but whatever
>>
File: raptor.jpg (111KB, 787x439px) Image search: [Google]
raptor.jpg
111KB, 787x439px
I want to do a quick quest about a girl that goes to a school for dinosaurs / dino dating sim.

It would look like the pic that I made; any interest?
>>
File: raptor.jpg (107KB, 769x425px) Image search: [Google]
raptor.jpg
107KB, 769x425px
>>1252251
there'd be gay and straight options
>>
>>1251071
Always pre-write the OP. Always.

Another helpful thing to do is draft characters. These drafts do not have to take place during the course of the story, or even in the canon at all, and should serve no other purpose than to find the correct voice for characters and the feel of the setting.

One time I learned a lot about what I DIDN'T want from a character just by writing up a private meme draft of her reciting the Armstrong speech from Metal Gear Rising.

Character drafts can be serious or silly, but without a good understanding of a character you will find yourself staring at a blank word processor document a lot. People who get writer's block don't understand their characters, at least in my opinion.
>>
>it's another Larro quest of bad anime waifus and thirsty players

No thanks
>>
>>1252424
Which one?
>>
Gonna shill my quest meaninglessly.

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=what+came+next

Currently Live: >>1251219
>>
>>1252428
MAQ, but any of them really
>>
Rolled 42, 31, 34, 93, 21, 44, 77, 19, 37, 77 = 475 (10d100)

Do you do crits in your quest? Y/N and why.
>>
>>1251556
Monster Girl Encyclopedia
>>
>>1251556
>>1252571
With only monstergirls
>>
>>1252542
I do degrees of success, instead of crits.

Mostly because while degrees of success imply a general "you did this this well," people expect something completely magical and ridiculous to happen because of a crit, and if your dice are small enough, said magical and ridiculous things might happen entirely too often.
>>
>>1250958

For some reason, it reminds me of that comic, 'Monstress'.
>>
File: MountedFireAspect.jpg (130KB, 736x920px) Image search: [Google]
MountedFireAspect.jpg
130KB, 736x920px
Okay! Exalted quest is typed up and ready to go, just need a name for it. Would Solar Quest be too on the nose? Or do I need to come up with a fancier name, since Exalted Quest is taken?
>>
>>1252792

Solar Quest works. In all honesty, Solars are the best solo heroes: All other Exalted generally need to work in groups, but Solars are individually unique heroes.
>>
File: mullet.png (318KB, 842x813px) Image search: [Google]
mullet.png
318KB, 842x813px
Post main character receive fanart.
>>
>>1252822
Alright then, thanks! I'll link to the quest when it's up in a few minutes.
>>
File: Dragonblooded.jpg (155KB, 600x937px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonblooded.jpg
155KB, 600x937px
Solar Quest, thread #1 is up now!

>>1252867
>>
>>1252753
>>1252822
Joker Quest when
>>
How well have Fire Emblem quests worked in the past? I was thinking of making one based on FE4.

I'm gonna take a guess and say FE quests here have been Awakening waifu quests.
>>
>>1253003
Fire emblem quests that take place in their own universe have happened before.

I'm not sure if any have happened that take place in one of the universes of one of the games have however
>>
>>1253003
Yep. I really liked one. I had a lot of fun. I haven't seen any of thoses you said.
>>
>>1253003
Also, most of them took place in their own universes though taking inspiration from canon Fire Emblems.
>>
File: Raime University Sports Complex.png (92KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Raime University Sports Complex.png
92KB, 1000x1000px
When planning a murder that is difficult to solve is it better to have an even or odd number of entrances to a sealed room?

asking for a friend
>>
>>1253049
It's better to have NO entrances. Then detectives will a real mystery.
>>
>>1253112
You have legitimately given me an idea and I thank you deeply.
>>
>>1251147
Yeah
If you're bad at Improv.
>>
>>1252830
Alright, maybe tomorrow then.
>>
>>1253470
I don't think people realized you were offering
>>
>>1252830
>>1253470
Betty gud work.
>>
File: Adoraboner.png (111KB, 443x411px) Image search: [Google]
Adoraboner.png
111KB, 443x411px
>>1253470
C U T E
U
T
E
>>
File: Totally Not Fem-K' by JSCervini.png (93KB, 1280x1460px) Image search: [Google]
Totally Not Fem-K' by JSCervini.png
93KB, 1280x1460px
>>1252830

I'm a complete whore for this kind of thing.
>>
>>1253470
>>1253472
This.
>>
File: Fuck.png (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.png
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>1253470
>>1253502
also fuck guys
stop being so good you're making the rest of us feel inadequate.
>>
>>1251574

Gods, don't tell me about it, in Rogue Trader quest we continued exploring a painfully obvious chaos tainted ship and tried to fraternize with brain slug infested individuals
>>
Whats that idea you've been sitting on for ages but never ran anon?
>>
>>1253823
Thankfully I have run most of my ideas. Just need to sharpen them plans.

The few others are :
-survival horror
-Sci-fi Isekai
-Westfield
>>
>>1253823
3 obscure vidya fanfic quests
Quest with heavy focus on blacksmithing and elemental materials and shit
Quest with making crazy inventions from junk parts
a not retarded setting/plot that uses Sword Skills
>>
>>1253823
> Girls (and boys) and Aufklärungs Quest
> Thunder Child Quest
> Dieselpunk meets actual 1930s-40s tech setting with desert aircraft carrier dwelling nomads getting caught up in the leadup to a vaguely WW2-esk conflict between the world's major factions, Quest

Admittedly haven't been sitting on that last one of 'ages' but I feel like it's doomed to stay on the backburner forever.
>>
>>1253823
>Future space mercenary
>Future space captain
>Landed Knight quest
>Retired Adventurer quest

Got ideas for more, but those are the ones I've actually put to paper and semi-planned out. Work and studies won't permit though, running one regular quests takes up my time as it is.
>>
File: William Shakespeare The Bard.jpg (215KB, 737x900px) Image search: [Google]
William Shakespeare The Bard.jpg
215KB, 737x900px
>>1252830

From You Awake in Westeros Quest
>>
>>1252875
Fell asleep since it got late, but I'm back now and the thread is rolling again.

>>1253976
>>
>>1253866
>Retired Adventurer quest
There are so many interesting directions that quest could be taken, you should run it.
>>
>>1252830
Eh sure why not

This fucko with stubble on his jaw, messier and shaggier hair, and a more tired look. If you want I can show you his costume as he's from a Marvel Quest

>>1253823
Lesse

Blood Angels Successor Chapter Master or Generated Chapter Maser Quest using the dice tables

A Miner on an asteroid/ mining facility when war breaks out with either an Alien race or separatist. First bit is him maybe doing gorilla tactics in the mines. If he fails at that then he's captured an experimented on probably ends up turning into a weapon or something. Or he ends up in prisoner and we have a alien prisoner quest until the main fleet arrives to BTFO the aliens and rescue you.

If he succeeds at not getting caught during operation gorillas in the mist ends up drafted into the army when the fleet arrives.

Some OC quest about a lil nigga who's the only person who can see spirits and shit all the time. His town hates him cause he looks like a huge fucking freak/demon. Could end up making pacts with them by doing a thing and then getting their power in return etc. Loosely inspired by Totemist quest will never run because it's basically Totemist Quest

A Mass Effect Quest about a KRogan Slave in a merc band. The Krogan is the slave btw. Or one about where you get abducted by Cerberus as a kid because of your biotic potential and go through hell and get indoctrinated etc.

A quest about being a drug dealer in an ambiguously future setting, think shit like Neo York. Either you can rise to the top or make enough money and connections to go legit and get out of the game.

A High Fantasy quest about a Half-Dragon Mercenary. He wants to unlock his draconic heritage and he decides to go about that by becoming a mercenary and forging himself in war.

Always wanted to run something based off of Aspie's setting but I'm not that much of a hack yet and Aspie is dead

A quest that shares themes with He-Man and Thundercats. Wanted to run something with a sword of power that'd grant you massive powers and abilities only if you can prove yourself to your ancestors whose spirits reside in the blade or axe or mace. All I need is a cheesy call to arms like the Sword of Omens has or I HAVE THE POWER and I'll run that quest TONIGHT

>"TO ME, MY ANCESTORS!"

A star wars quest about the Je'daii
Another Star wars quest about Your Master Kidnapping you from the Jedi Temple
Another Star Wars quest about the Clone Wars only I'll finish this one fuck you, Whiskey.
Gold and Black clones because its the best colors
And a final Star Wars quest about being either a Rebel chaged with keeping the resistance on a variety of planets alive and staying under the radar

Wanted to run a kingdom management quest probably in a high fantasy setting. The MC would be an Heir by chance. His family get caught up in some shit. Brothers die trying to handle it, sister falls ill, Father goes mad. While the MC is out being a mercenary.

A Gundam Quest
A Fantasy Quest with Golems as Mechs
>>
You thought I was finished?

TES Quest about the MC being turned into a Vampire the old fashioned way by way of Struggle Snuggles

Sci-Fi quest thanks to an advanced blood disease and nano-machines you're now a vampire thing. This is actually based off a test thread I took over and it got deleted before I could do anything with it.

A doctor with an incredibly strict Hippocratic Oath in either a victorian or high middle ages fantasy setting gets turned into a vampire.

A warhammer fantasy quest as you guessed a mutherfucking Vampire.

A quest about a Necromancer doing necromantic things. Probably not an "evil" necromancer atleast in his country

Want to unironically run a smut quest like once a month

Quest during the industrial age but Feudalism never died and there are now Steam Powered Knight armor or something.

A ranger who gave up the bow when his country was invaded. He became passive and docile to keep his family alive. Saves a man's life who's a part of the resistance to the invaders

Or just any quest about some dude with a bow as his main weapon doing thangs and stuff

I think thats it
I'm probably forgetting liek 10 more
>>
File: soma post.jpg (3MB, 1783x4086px) Image search: [Google]
soma post.jpg
3MB, 1783x4086px
reminder
>>
File: Soma.png (47KB, 1920x864px) Image search: [Google]
Soma.png
47KB, 1920x864px
>>
>>
File: voight kampff.jpg (120KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
voight kampff.jpg
120KB, 1920x800px
>>1253823
- Quest where you play as an augmented agent that goes on missions provided by a megacorporation. Generally you'd either be getting sent on espionage/sabotage missions against rival megacorps or getting sent out on contract for government organizations.

- Star Wars quest where you play as an imperial governor who's been assigned to a recently conquered planet

- Star Wars guest where you're a student in the Sith academy (it's been done a million times so I'm even less likely to run it)

- Marvel quest, the scenario is that Inhuman terrorists have been releasing massive quantities of Terrigen mist in densely populated areas. Most people die, but some people come out with powers. You play as a normal dude who got caught up in one of these terrorist attacks, but you ended up getting powers from it. Don't have much for this one beyond the premise.
>>
File: SV quests.png (813KB, 1001x8434px) Image search: [Google]
SV quests.png
813KB, 1001x8434px
>>1254375
Are we posting autistic pasta? Because I've got this beauty right here?
>>
>>1254440
>Quest where you play as an augmented agent that goes on missions provided by a megacorporation. Generally you'd either be getting sent on espionage/sabotage missions against rival megacorps
Do this, please.
>>
File: 1486764903184.png (41KB, 608x878px) Image search: [Google]
1486764903184.png
41KB, 608x878px
http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-13-name-pending/yk3b7aQTnmEtwCX4g
>>
>>1253823
VR vacation with light chargen (but no actual character info). VR setting is a relatively light hearted superhero magical sentai mashup. The vacation aspect should help to establish the time frame, but it also requires I have some decent plans for wrapping it up, and the intended final arc makes that difficult to plan around without railroading. Figured I'd come back to it one day, hopefully with new ideas.
>>
File: Smug Shota 3.jpg (102KB, 760x638px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Shota 3.jpg
102KB, 760x638px
>>1254379
That Latin isn't even correct.
>Myself to write, therefore I am I.
If you were looking for "I write, therefore I am" then you'd want:
>Scribo ergo sum.
Fuck outta here with this pleb tier shit.
>>
>>1254614
Railroading can be fun sometimes

Go for it
>>
File: Disgusting “Men”.gif (591KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting “Men”.gif
591KB, 480x270px
>Whacky "fun" players
How do you discourage "lol so randumb" antics?
>>
>>1255140
Why contain it?
>>
>>1255140
>Discouraging entertainment
Go to >>>/lit/ if you want boring shit.
>>
>>1255140
Railroad them out of it.

Always interpret wacky write ins in the most serious way possible so the only enjoyable options are at the very least semi-serious
>>
>>1255140
Punish them by taking it seriously, but only if they're the majority and it isn't actually suitable to the situation at hand.
>>
>>1252424
>bad anime waifus
He likes Saber and Madoka, bad amine waifus are all he knows.
>>
File: 1456102291387.png (305KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1456102291387.png
305KB, 1080x1920px
>>1250874
>>
>>1250876
Unscheduled work interruption.
>>
Starcaller Quest is running right now.
>>1255731
>>1255731
>>1255731
>>
Trying to gauge interest here. How would you like a quest about a young, up-and-coming elementalist wizard set in a standard-ish fantasy setting?

Learning and casting cool spells, making powerful magical artifacts, fighting it out with rival wizards. Getting involved in the cutthroat world of politics and secret societies, unraveling the mysteries of the universe.

How about it?
>>
>>1255849
So Banished Quest?
>>
>>1255888
I'm not sure, I've never played or read it. But if it's about all those things I mentioned, then yes, they would be similar.
>>
>>1255849
It sounds good to me.
Do you have the skills to pull it off?
>>
File: F-14 and Buff.jpg (71KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 and Buff.jpg
71KB, 960x720px
Pilot Quest is up!

>>1251932
>>1251932
>>1251932
>>
>>1255918
Don't really want to oversell myself, but I do enjoy my writefaggotry in the spare time, and I've ran some games for my friends before.

So it shouldn't be completely awful, relatively speaking.
>>
>>1255849
>>1255964
Sure. I wanted to run something like that but have a life, so it would be nice to at least play the dreams I cannot make.
>>
File: 8.1.1.jpg (940KB, 1920x1082px) Image search: [Google]
8.1.1.jpg
940KB, 1920x1082px
For those interested, an update on the paladin of Avalon is up!
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/29-the-age-of-a-new-moon/4mHiSfnEtCb8zAujx
>>
If you have a trilogy of quests, how long do you wait before you reveal EARTH IS THE MAIN VILLAIN ?
>>
Give me a list of essential buildings or structures that you could or must have on a medium-sized village or town
>>
>>1256840
hey now, Earth is a cool dude. He grows plants and shit and lets everyone walk all over him. No bully.
>>
File: 1482723215873.jpg (32KB, 444x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482723215873.jpg
32KB, 444x400px
>>1255391
>Saber

Seibah is shit taste can confirm.

Nero superior
>>
>>1256841
What kind of setting?
>>
>>1256841
The type of setting is needed here, Anon.
>>1256861
>Likeing the Whore of Babylon
>>
>>1255391
But I like Mami more.
>>
>>1256888
>>1256892
Low magic, bronze age
>>
File: Celtic.jpg (80KB, 371x344px) Image search: [Google]
Celtic.jpg
80KB, 371x344px
>>1257076
>bronze age
Then the location will be an even bigger factor since not all place had equal tech level.
>>
>>1256861
>Liking any saber
>liking any nasuslut who isn't the slutty brown loli or the slutty oni loli
Shit. Taste.
>>
File: SSSSSKKKRRRREEEEEEEE.jpg (31KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
SSSSSKKKRRRREEEEEEEE.jpg
31KB, 720x960px
>>1257237
>Loli
>>
Thinking of doing a slice of life quest involving just a regular adventurer in a regular fantasy world. Too mundane, or can it work if my characters and dialogue or on point?
>>
>>1257313
Just make sure to have enough waifu-bait and you won't need any real substance. Ask any magical gel quests or Larro
>>
File: 1477589007215.jpg (27KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
1477589007215.jpg
27KB, 268x268px
In civ sort of games where you have multiple opposing players, but it's a slow game and not all of them might be posting at the same time or in any reliable sequence, how do you manage anything akin to turns?
>>
>>1257446
You don't.

Civ games where you're opposing each other is shit.

I played a demonic civ of succubi that was slowly but surely plotting to rape the angels of an angel society and before I knew it there was a metagame alliance of b52 bombers and hyper magic neutron bombs even though the quest was in its first thread and we started with AD 500 tech and the most advanced thing I had fucking invented was some basic mind control magic and bows.

Its literally every spergy power gamer in a retarded free for all of "NUH UH MY GUN FIRES SUPER MEGA BULLETS"

Never play a game like that.

I can only review games like that with 0/10 stars
>>
>>1257446
>civ game
>multiple opposing players
They're always shit. The players always roll for advance tech and metagame.
>>
File: 1487805885516.png (470KB, 817x633px) Image search: [Google]
1487805885516.png
470KB, 817x633px
>>1257484
>I played a demonic civ of succubi that was slowly but surely plotting to rape the angels of an angel society and before I knew it there was a metagame alliance of b52 bombers and hyper magic neutron bombs even though the quest was in its first thread and we started with AD 500 tech and the most advanced thing I had fucking invented was some basic mind control magic and bows.
>>
>>1257313
>>1257321
Make it super introspective and use strong characterization.
>>
>>1257509

The worst part is that the angels had anti-evil guns that could kill evil things more dead than usual.

And so the angel player was saying that his weapons should be super effective against my demon civ since demon = evil.

But, this same angel player was attacking innocent, non-violent missionairies who dindu nuffin and also these same angels had renounced their GOD and started worshipping some Dwarven war god so I argued that since these angels were no longer good, and since my civ was 100 times more peaceful and non-violent that my demons were actually less evil than his angels and thus his anti-evil guns didn't work on me.

God it was the most retarded.
>>
File: 1442698070238.jpg (42KB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442698070238.jpg
42KB, 1008x720px
>>1257484
>>1257537
>>
File: 40k map.jpg (7MB, 4616x3808px) Image search: [Google]
40k map.jpg
7MB, 4616x3808px
>>1257446
Let me elaborate on why I asked. I don't have much experience with /qst/ but I in the Hektor Heresy and Imperium Asunder threads on /tg/ and I always thought they would have worked better as some sort of fun structured game rather than "make your own legion and fanwank about it."

I'm working on such a 40k Great Crusade / !Horus Heresy game where the players are primarchs and they fluff their own altlore legions. The core gameplay is a risk game where you conquer planets that give you periodic requisition to spend on more forces to conquer more planets etc.

The basic mechanic is that you have fleets with X amount of core units which provide you d6s, and auxiliary units which provide Y flat bonus buffs in specific circumstances. For Example, if your expedition had 4 companies of marines and 1 Orbital Bombardment fleet, you would roll 4d6+2 on rolls to invade a planet. Against neutrals you roll against static DCs, against players you make opposed rolls.

It would be a two phase game. The first phase would be the players conquering neutral space to establish territories and build up resource bases. Resources can be spent on tech to make their forces stronger. Each time a tech is unlocked, however, there is a random chance for it to produce a point of chaos taint and increase the chance of taint the next time a tech is unlocked. As individual players accumulate chaos taint, they gain certain abilities. First they can spread chaos taint to others, then they start unlocking chaos units, and ultimately they gain the ability to attack other players. Once that happens things will hopefully snowball into a clusterfuck of backstabbing and total war.

But this is all predicated on some sort of pseudo-turn being possbile so that you can quantize how much requisition per "turn" you get per planet, and how many actions per "turn" your fleets can take.

inb4 0 replies because this has no potential for waifuism
>>
>>1257668
Here's a reply.

>tl;dr

>40k fanwank.

It sounds like shit and as such I'm telling you to fuck off
>>
>>1246759
>But more importantly grammar, you'd be surprised how many people can be put off by frequent spelling mistakes and poor sentence structure.
This poster speaks the truth.
>>
>>1246871
I really wouldn't care much unless the qm specifically says it feels similar to their own.

And there is an even bigger issue that having a big qm recommending you would become as a thing that exists. Anyone here knows what that kind of events that would lead down from there.
>>
>>1258004
I remember when Shadowmaster recommended Princess Guard Quest when it was under thirty threads.

The quest entered a death spiral. A death spiral that lasted an agonizing 50+ threads with players that didn't know it was more visual novel than quest with an already terrible MC.

I also don't think many QMs want to have as large an audience as they imagine. It doesn't automatically make things better or more entertaining. You get a lot of responses to your posts, sure, and you'll know at least some people will always be there, but the frustrating arguments and terrible herding cats syndrome just makes it not worth it. It's like interacting with bad crowdsourced AI based failed principles, a train wreck on rails just tumbling along until the next pedestrian station.

Honestly, many quests would just be better without players.
>>
File: Smug Loli.png (142KB, 376x324px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Loli.png
142KB, 376x324px
>>1257254
>being a normiecuck
>>
>>1258168
It was an amazing death spiral though.
>>
>>1258214
I have nightmares anon.

I have nightmares where Reinholdt accomplishes something good that satisfied all parties but mostly himself.

And then I wake up.

Do you know what it's like to live like this? I have been reduced to seeing routelocks where none exist, shitposting with smug waifus at people that don't deserve it, and engage in long winded discussion that amount to squib, and I can't stop. Archelon and his players have ruined me as a person.
>>
>>1258209
>Loli
>Not teen girls
Which reminds. How about a quest about an entity sent to corrupt men and destroy the world by degrading society into an orgy of lust and violence?
>>
questing was a mistake
>>
>>1258303
(you)
>>
File: Cute lil granny.png (2MB, 1275x1345px) Image search: [Google]
Cute lil granny.png
2MB, 1275x1345px
>>1258229
Nah, lolis are where it's at
>>
>>1255140
Every time a completely retarded write in option wins, no matter how minor or harmless it may be, have the result kill a waifu.
>>
File: 1489297334607.webm (3MB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
1489297334607.webm
3MB, 720x406px
Jack quest fucking when?
>>
>>1258396
Oh right that started today. Or I guess yesterday now.

I'll have to check it out later.
>>
>>1258396
there actually was a oneshot this one time
>>
>>1258345
That is hard, but just
>>
>>1258004
>And there is an even bigger issue that having a big qm recommending you would become as a thing that exists. Anyone here knows what that kind of events that would lead down from there.

Tell us anyway.
>>
>>1258713
wasnt that back in the homeland?

I mean /tg/
>>
>>1258846
yup
>>
File: 1488209946186.png (385KB, 802x327px) Image search: [Google]
1488209946186.png
385KB, 802x327px
>>1258399
This should still work

https://mega.nz/#!rxpWCTDL!T6UufU5cEtVkTTJwrrxmIwKiViO3ZsKvpkexRra7rac
>>
>>1258396
Ikra quest when?
>>
>>1259441
Psion Academy Quest is back, just for a bit.
>>
>>1259879
>>1259879

Fantasy Crusader Quest lives once again.
>>
Sorry giest, sorry kat. that writefaggotry is getting delayed at the least a month.
>>
File: Converted Cargo Ship.jpg (196KB, 1024x345px) Image search: [Google]
Converted Cargo Ship.jpg
196KB, 1024x345px
>>1260105

Trawler Quest #5 is fresh and running!
>>
>>1245636
New Orleans Jojo was breddy gud. Rip in pizza
>>
Starcaller Quest is live.
>>1260298
>>1260298
>>1260298
>>
>>1260215

Anon from >>1253502 here. Take your time, I can wait.
>>
File: 1460681728084.jpg (994KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1460681728084.jpg
994KB, 1500x1200px
>>1245464
Death Among the Stars 69 is up!

>>1260840
>>1260840
>>
File: F-14 (4).jpg (19KB, 640x389px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 (4).jpg
19KB, 640x389px
Pilot Quest is up!

>>1251932
>>1251932
>>1251932
>>
You run a quest and your first few threads are shit, but they improve after that.

If your first threads are shite, is there any hope of recovery?
>>
>>1261925
>recovery
que?
>>
>>1261925
It's hard enough to get people to look at your quest in the first place. Once they do, one of two things will happen:

A) It will be mindblowingly expansive and show that you have put in the effort to craft a complete world with a powerful story in mind. Then, people will come back for more, and you have to give them what they were promised with the first thread.

B) Your thread does not garner significant attention and you will experience major player falloff over the course of several threads.

In this case, Even if you have knockout threads later, where the story picks up, you just can't get more players to join.
>>
>>1258770
Is it relly not obvious?
>>
>>1261925
Maybe, but not here.
>>
>>1258004
It's happened before on /tg/ and you'd usually see a nosedive in player quality every single time it did.
>>
>>1254440
>>1254477
>tfw already doing this with one to three players at best.
Granted, it's a Naruto crossover, but that probably HELPS me more than it hurts me.
Be prepared for the long haul, it could take a while to get off the ground.
Good luck and godspeed if you make the attempt.
>>
>>1263180
> Naruto crossover
Found your problem. You made fanfiction of something that has so little in common with the original work that nobody with awful enough taste to like Naruto would read it, and nobody with even a modicum of taste or common sense will follow it because it's still tied to the millstone that is Naruto. You've basically made something that successfully combines the worst parts of either approach, good work.
>>
>>1263185
Thanks, you too.
>>
>>1263180
I kinda have to agree with >>1263185. I was really about to start checking it out until I saw Naruto in the opening post and paused to think about what would possess you to stick fanfiction that wasn't expressly cyberpunk in.
>>
>>1263218
You're sorta coming at this from the wrong direction, it's not like I wanted to run a cyberpunk quest and went "lets add some Naruto to that!", that is kinda weird and stupid. I was going to run a Naruto quest and went "let's add some cyberpunk to that!" Then "some" turned to "a lot" and here we are.

In my opinion, there's no such thing as "too much cyberpunk".
i can't really think of something you wouldn't want to add it to.
>>
>>1263221
>You're sorta coming at this from the wrong direction
yes, because that's kind of what you implied for the last couple of posts.
>>tfw already doing this with one to three players at best.
>>Granted, it's a Naruto crossover
>>
>>1263229
Difference of interpretation. To me crossover implies connection, and the order of operations means nothing. Likewise, genre crossed with franchise implies franchise dominance to me. Interesting that you interpreted that differently, I never even thought about it.
>>
>>1258341
Fuck you anon, I didn't need that ending in my life.
>>
>>1263324
Lolo tragedy is a favorite genre of mine.
>>
>>1263362
Loli, even
>>
>>1263180
Mine wouldn't really be cyberpunk. I was thinking more like near-future, where several countries and corporations have made breakthroughs in human augmentation and are honing in on military applications. Cyborg parts, nanites, genetic engineering & gene splicing, psychic powers, maybe some alien tech. Countries and corporations made breakthroughs in one area and specialized in it. I was thinking it would be focused on being a pawn in a massive chess match between all these corporations and world powers, going on missions to sabotage production or steal important data, occasionally having to hunt down rogue operators. When you're not being used for in-house operations, you're being contracted out to militaries and shadow organizations.

So there are some cyberpunk elements, since the MC would be heavily augmented with machine parts, but other countries & corporations would have poured research into powerful telekinetics or genetically engineered monsters.
>>
>Players want to make the quest harder than it already is
I guess it's their choice but I hate it when it backfires badly and then they complain.
>>
>>1263404
This sounds fun.
>>
>made a terrible mistake while qming
>tried to learn from it
>it happens again
>and again
>literally can't stop fucking up
I'm a failure
>>
>>1263508
What was the mistake, Anon?
>>
File: freeshrugs.jpg (84KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
freeshrugs.jpg
84KB, 449x642px
>>1263508
>>
>Akun drama
>>
>>1263803
>>Akun drama
So, nothing new?
>>
>>1263803
Say what you want about this place and it's occasional bouts of rampant shitposting and fucking around it's a hell of a lot better than akun drama and their QM politics (shitflinging)
>>
>>1263818
I dunno, the drooling retard prone to shitfits is at least more lively than the comatose retard on the verge of death
>>
>>1263818
>QM politics
What I miss
>>
File: Space Marine 2.jpg (600KB, 721x1162px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine 2.jpg
600KB, 721x1162px
Chapter Master Quest is up.

>>>1263918
>>>1263918
>>>1263918
>>
Starcaller Quest is running.
>>1264223
>>1264223
>>1264223
>>
>>1264499
>>1264499
Finishing up Fantasy Crusader Quest #8.
>>
What's the most confusing name you can give a quest?
>>
File: F-14 Agile.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 Agile.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
Pilot Quest is up!

>>1251932
>>1251932
>>1251932
>>
>>1264587
Gargle Smash Fargle Blast.
>>
>>1264587
Prostitute: the quest
>>
>>1264587
Cyberpunk Quest. But it's an SOL comedy set in a low fantasy world.
>>
File: Feels Corrin F.png (347KB, 398x470px) Image search: [Google]
Feels Corrin F.png
347KB, 398x470px
>tfw No fujo quest
>>
>>1264587
Sexual Encounter Quest

It was about buying a mercenary company.
>>
>>1264587
Far-East Monsters in Nigh-Incessant Super-Melee!

http://chakai.org/tea/130280#q130280
>>
File: Brora at Rest.jpg (168KB, 1024x452px) Image search: [Google]
Brora at Rest.jpg
168KB, 1024x452px
Oops, Trawler Quest has been running for some time now. Will be running for a little while longer.
>>1260105
>>
Testing

Never done one, I'll try it in the future.

>What is the minimum amount of shit that needs to happen every session to keep you engaged? Is there a minimum?

Depends if what happens feels meaningful.
>>
>>1263233
Look man, the moment a non-nardo fan sees even a drop of nardo, they're out. Because what's the point of hanging around a nardo quest if you don't like nardo? No amount of neon is gonna change that.
>>
>>1266180
Yeah, I know. But I like Naruto, and I like cyberpunk. That's pretty much it. I'm not some sort of Quest-bot programmed to maximize readers, I do it because I want to.
Honestly I'm fine with my viewership, I don't think I could keep up if there were more of them. I've been running continuously for about a week so far, I use the breaks between votes to sleep.

This is avoiding the initial reason for this post chain. I admit that because of the specifics of my situation I don't actually know how a pure cyberpunk game would fare, but apparently the guy wasn't even thinking of his idea as cyberpunk. Though from his description it totally is.
>>
File: FeMC practicing combos.jpg (221KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
FeMC practicing combos.jpg
221KB, 768x1024px
For those interested, The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #16 will be starting up on this Thursday at 10 AM PST/1 PM EST/5 PM GMT .

Personal dramas got in the way of running a thread today as advertised; Sorry to all two of you out there expecting a thread only for none to arrive...
>>
>>1266432
I'm excited.
>>
>>1266514

Good to know.

Any other QMs out there feel like they have problems with pacing?
>>
>>1266528
The answer to that is probably: Every single one.
>>
>>1266260
>I like Naruto, and I like cyberpunk
And you'll find the intersection of people who not only like cyberpunk and narwhal, but like the two of them together to be pitifully slim. Just like your quest concept.
>>
>>1266806
Yes, and?
>>
>>1266829

You will get two players for an extended period of time MAX.

So if you can somehow not end up dropping your quest or blowing your brains out with that pathetic, paltry showing to your quest then go ahead and knock yourself out, champ.

You'll notice the patronizing language and condescending attitude in this post of mine is supposed to make you realize the chance of your idea succeeding retarded and that your bar for success would have to be so low that literally no one on this worthless site of worthless losers would have any respect for you as a person so I recommend stop being retarded and just running either a Naruto quest or a Cyber Punk quest instead of trying to blend the two together like an idiot crossover writer on fanfiction.net you insufferably idiotic, unnecessarily namefagging cunt nugget.
>>
>>1266845
calm down mate
>>
>>1266865

You're misinterpreting casual, uncaring cruelty for hotblooded anger.

Which sounds really edgy now that I've typed it out, lol.
>>
>>1266870
Edgy enough to be in a shitty cyberpunk Naruto quest even. But your post will probably get more readers.
>>
>>1266875

Cyberpunk Naruto would need casual uncaring cruelty AND hotblooded anger to be faithful to both genres.

"Human life is meaningless when every single part of the body can be replaced with nanotechnology! Believe it!"
>>
>>1266845
You seem irritated. Stop taking things so seriously. In case you've forgotten, I run a Cyberpunk Naruto quest on 4chan. Respect and admiration aren't things I care about. I'm just here to have fun. Are you?

>>1266892
Don't forget omnipresent government oppression and constant existential despair covered up by hedonistic orgies of drugs and violence.

>>1266875
No lie, one of the possible openings was entirely edgy shitposting on an anime forum.
>>
>>1266829
It's just an observation, really.
>>
>>1266909
>government oppression
>cyberpunk
Cute.
>>
>>1266911
Not a very enlightening one. Stating the obvious is just kind of pointless, don't you think?

>>1266914
Hmm, you're right that it's not usually the government, but it still fits. A great power that loses control often resorts to greater force in an attempt to hold onto it's power. Viewed through another lens, the all-powerful corporations of cyberpunk are just a return to the small warring kingdoms of the past. The only difference is the illusion of unity.
>>
>>1266909
Even on the most basic level, if I were to disregard every element about why cyber punk and Naruto don't mix in any way whatsoever because hey, let's face it, your idea hasn't been/isn't the most stupid idea that's been floated or enacted as a quest idea and this is, as you say, fucking 4chan and everyone and everything here is especially worthless, the fact that you say

>I'm just here to have fun. Are you?

Like, shit, I AM here to have fun and let me tell you what isn't fun for me. Running a quest with only two interested players by thread #2 with no foreseeable boost in player count in the future.

And let me tell you, friendo buddy pal guy that's exactly the quest you're running at the moment.

Maybe you're a worthless worm of a person who can eke out a sense of fun or worthwhile enjoyment from that situation instead of a man who demands greater from himself, his written works and the audience who should recognize his talent.

Shit, I GM games with my friends and i wouldn't stand to waste my time if only two IRL people who I gave a shit about showed up. Four minimum for a tabletop game so I'd at least expect four worthless strangers to arrive to justify me writing a bunch of shit.

And I just can't have any respect for you if you don't demand that level of dedication and commitment in the form of more than two players because it shows to me that you don't have any respect for yourself.

Now maybe you're just the Buddha of QMs, able to find joy in the worst of times as you experience the viewership version of fasting for two weeks straight, but more than likely you're just some loser who is slowly recognizing (hopefully) that your quest is shit and failing and not fun for you or the two to three barely interested voters and you move on to do something else that's more productive of your time and useful and if it's gotta be another quest make it a quest that has a chance of getting you a decent audience.

Or take your cyberpunk naruto idea to akun. You'll probably get a few more viewers there in all honesty.
>>
>>1266972
>QMs
>Self Respect
>>
>>1266934
I would like to read your quest but I can't because I'm a little girl and I can't self insert as a grown man.
>>
>>1266972
What is this to you? For me it's a fun activity I do to pass the time. Self respect doesn't come into it at all. Do you refuse to have fun unless you have an audience? What do you do when you're alone? It's not hanging out with your friends, because apparently that's a waste of time.
Is that why you're here, because you can't do anything unless large amounts of people are paying attention to you? If so, are you having fun right now? Is this what you want? Is this how you gain the respect and admiration of your audience?

>>1267006
You would have liked the Michi storyline.
Or possibly Yasuhiro, he's also a little girl, on the inside.
>>
>>1267006
> I can't because I'm a little girl and I can't self insert as a grown man.
No anon, you're just a grown man who's been told you have to stop trying to insert yourself into little girls or you'll end up in jail.
>>
>>1267013
>What is this to you?

posting on the internet.

>For me it's a fun activity I do to pass the time. Self respect doesn't come into it at all.

>Self respect doesn't come into it at all

I think this sums up my disappointment in you entirely, encapsulated in one throwaway sentence.

>Do you refuse to have fun unless you have an audience?

In a medium/activity that requires the participation of others and X amount of participants, yes, to have fun I need X amount of participants. X being a number that is malleable based upon my ideas of my self worth and the specific activity I am engaging in.

I would not play dodgeball with only two other people. I wouldn't play a tabletop roleplaying game with only two other people. And I wouldn't run a quest with only two players.

If you want to have fun by yourself, play a video game or jerk off.

>What do you do when you're alone?

Play video games and jerk off.

>It's not hanging out with your friends, because apparently that's a waste of time.

I'll hang out but I wont try to run a fucking rpg that'd be terrible and shit.

>Is that why you're here, because you can't do anything unless large amounts of people are paying attention to you?

Nah I'm here because I'm sorta bored right now and this is mildly entertaining/distracting. Chatting on the internet really only requires the participation of two people to work optimally thankfully.

>If so, are you having fun right now?

In a sense, yeah.

>Is this what you want?

I guess if I didn't want to do this i wouldn't do it.

>Is this how you gain the respect and admiration of your audience?

Nah
>>
>>1267013
>>1267052
why are you two still talking about this?
>>
I don't know if this is the place to post but here goes.

Black Company Quest has an artistically inclined benefactor that is willing to do some works on demand. He has already agreed to a 'squad photo' style piece, I'm just here to see if any players had ideas for additional pieces.

Are there any characters, scenarios or moments you would like to see drawn?
>>
>>1267059
>why are you two still talking about this?

I mean the guy is an anime fanfic QM.

I keep forgetting that every single one of these guys turns out to be some sort of weird douche bag.

In a way I guess I'm gauging to see if the cyber punk elements of his quest make him any different of a QM or if he's exactly like Miniseries or that German Bleach fanfic QM except even spergier considering the much more niche element of his quest.
>>
>>1267052
I mean, what is running a quest to you? It's obviously not the same thing it is to me. You seem to have attached your sense of self worth to it, but why?
Why are you disappointed in me? Is it because of me specifically, or is it a part of something larger? QMs in general?

Personally, I do what I do because I enjoy it. To do anything else would be disrespectful to myself. What good could there be in forcing myself to act against my own will because of the will of others? Giving up because things were difficult? because I wasn't effortlessly crowned king of the world and paraded through the streets? How could I respect myself if I thought like that?

Would you starve to death, if the only food there was was tossed to the ground? Would you think you were preserving your dignity in death? If so, it must not be life itself that motivates you, so then what? Dignity does not exist in a vacuum, it must serve a purpose. What is your goal?
>>
File: Guess the Chapter.jpg (21KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
Guess the Chapter.jpg
21KB, 500x318px
Just rolled up a Space Marine Chapter for shits and giggles probably gonna run a one shot for it either today or sometime this week. Writing too much of Symbiote Quest is starting to fuck with me
>>
>>1266870
>You're misinterpreting casual, uncaring cruelty for hotblooded anger.
I miss running The Raiders now.
>>
Vampire Quest #1 in the catalog via the best example of what you should NOT do for chargen in a quest, Jesus Christ
>>
>>1267603
That poor bastard
>>
>>1267603

Holy shit, not even I was that stupid when I did chargen the first time.
>>
>>1267603
No, that's best example of what you should do.
>>
>>1266934
Almost as pointless as running a cybnardopunk quest for one dude
>>
>>1267941
>>1267941

The Factory is up and running.
>>
I'd totally play a quest in a cyberpunk setting where you're a cyber ninja or even some ancient clan ninja that's using basically magic in a future setting.

But, uh, no, no naruto. The concepts of villages and clans are fine but naruto is... it's naruto.
>>
Is running two quests at once considered bad form?

I don't mean one then the other, I mean at the same time, same day, same hours.
>>
>>1268030
It's idiotic. You lower the quality of both by splitting your focus.
>>
>>1268030
Nah
>>
>>1268030
I would like to see you try out of curiosity if nothing else. It's not a good idea though.
>>
>>1267612
Yeah, you were just plain stupid, chargen notwithstanding. Still are.
>>
>>1268033
Nonsense.
>>
>>1264056
Someone is going to get humiliated on a podcast, coming soon
>>
>>1268199
QM soon or actual people soon?
>>
>>1268227
Friday
>>
>>1267986
Ninja Slayer quest when?
>>
What ever happened to that Soul eater quest?
>>
So recently while running my quest I've had a lot of time to think and work on side projects and ideas for various reasons but it all stems from being an awful and inexperienced QM, and I wanted to get some feedback on any interest or lack of in these ideas.

Cauldron of the East Quest- the players are in charge of keeping security and deterring trespassers in a sector of the national borders that is shared with two other hostile nations, called The Cauldron. Despite all three parties being at peace on paper, saboteurs and bandits constantly attempt to come over and wreak havoc. The player must use their limited forces to try and keep their nation's people safe from outside invasion, while also building up funds to pay off an enormous debt foisted upon them. Gameplay aspect slightly inspired by playing This is the Police, as well as Xcom UFO Defense

Master Thief Quest- The players play as a dashing, daring, and exceptionally greedy gentleman thief, who is only interested in stealing things that are "priceless." He is already rich, after all. Be it a national treasure, a historical artifact, or even a hidden bounty few even know about, the self proclaimed greatest thief in history wants it all. I've actually only seen a couple episodes of Lupin III and read that one Scrooge McDuck Comic with the Arsene Lupin expy

Conscript Quest- The players are a conscript in the army of a country beset on all sides by enemies, with nowhere near the resources needed to hold steady on all fronts. I haven't develop this one's mechanics too much, but needless to say the plan is to charge characters into wood chippers and see who comes out recognizable as a human being. High action, high mortality.

Ideally I'd start one of these once I give my current quest a more steady schedule than "Sometimes it's a weekend and other times it's the whole week" and start in the space between.

All of these would be in an OC setting because I'm a stubborn cunt who can't accept that nobody wants to read descriptions of tax systems so dry that they make the Sahara look like a swamp in a thunderstorm.
>>
>>1268375
>Master Thief Quest
>>
>>1268375
I've always wanted to play a gentlemen thief. I'm curious about how you'll make it challenging, so I'd play it.
>>
>>1268375
I would say Cauldron but it's not one I would probably take part in.
>>
>>1268375
>Cauldron of the East Quest
I like the idea. But I fear Trump memes will ruin it.
>Master Thief Quest
Run it. Sounds great.
>Conscript Quest
It's okay.
>>
File: 1419559177680.jpg (917KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1419559177680.jpg
917KB, 1000x1000px
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>Trick flipping out on a quest
>>
Would folks be interested in a /qst/ plays Oxygen Not Included?
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>1269661
Maybe...
>>
>>1269657
Details?
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>1269704
The QM didn't tell Trick he was doing a quest and he spammed a bit. It was funny for a bit.
>>
Bladebound Retainer resumes, finishing the infiltration of the Alchemists' Guild.

>>1270021
>>1270021
>>1270021
>>
Why do good QMs always suffer from health problems? It isn't fair.
>>
>>1270067
Questing is absorbing their health.
>>
>>1270067
Costs of competence.
>>
>>1270067
It often makes for a convenient excuse for hiatus or ending a quest without catching flak.
>>
>>1270067
The Curse.

It almost got Quest Drone.
>>
>>1270067
sometimes the poor treatment of self lends well to QMing

sometimes the QMing causes the poor treatment of self

and sometimes, it's the motherfucking Curse.
>>
>>1267067
>I keep forgetting that every single one of these guys turns out to be some sort of weird douche bag.
Well to be fair, not EVERY one of them.
>>
>>1270067
The Curse is real man.
>>
>>1268375
>Cauldron

Seems pretty good. To make it interesting, you should have the player be faced with decisions that will generally either further their nation's interests or help pay off his crippling debt, but never both.

>Conscript
If you actually had the guts to introduce, develop and then fearlessly kill off characters like this suggests I would be SO in. You know how rare permanent mortality is in so many quests?
>>
>>1270379

It's what /qst/ voted for, it may not have been the most original option, but is any fiction nowadays? Yes, but I don't know that.
>>
>more anime fanfic quests
Quests need to be eradicated from existance
>>
>>1270547

>Complain about a certain type of cancer
>On the containment board for that cancer

K E K
E
K
>>
>>1270547
>antianimefags can't even spell simple words like "existence"
>>
What non-fanfic quests are running?
>>
>>1270839
How about you look at the catalog? Sort by [Last Reply] and look for the ones that are active and not fanfic.
>>
>>1270547
Why do you think they were relegated to a hole to die in, dipshit.
>>
>Player/QM Question:
Would you trade all currently running fanfiction quests for the ability to have /tg/ harbor OC only quests?
>>
>>1271594
>OC only quests
How many good OC quests are there? What's with the butthurt with Fanfic quests?
>>
>>1271598
If you're not interested in that particular community/fandom, then the quest is also uninteresting. Repeat this for the 150 threads or so, and you end up with very few active quests that you can meaningfully play and enjoy.

Fanfic quests aren't necessarily bad per se, but they are very niche, and prevent those that want new quests or quests without prior extensive knowledge from a fandom, from playing.
>>
>>1271594

If that happened I would just file off the numbers of the fanfic quest I'm currently running, reboot it and get double the players on /tg/.
>>
>>1271594
Yes. Basically >>1271687
>>
File: 1462194426733.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
1462194426733.gif
2MB, 236x224px
If I could suggest something guys, I would actively encourage you to vote up archived threads ESPECIALLY for fresh QMs and new quests.

If you like it and want it to continue, a couple of votes can really make a QM feel appreciated and that their work has been something of a success. I've seen some good quests with scores of different posters receive only a handful of upvotes. I'd say it's vain of a QM to fish for votes, but players that enjoy and follow a quest SHOULD vote for it unless they didn't like that session.

It's a tacit form of encouragement for the QM to continue their work, like a stamp of approval on their quality of questing.
>>1271619
This anon makes a good point. By definition a fanfic quest is catered for specifically fans, thus being of absolutely zero interest to the average quester.

I personally don't understand fanfiction. I'd play a 'Firefly Quest' for example, where you captain a ship with a similar ragtag crew in the same setting. But I wouldn't actually want to play a quest where you play as a self-insert on the Serenity crew or whatever.

>>1271687
Why not just 'file off the numbers' anyway?

The crowd that would be interested in a general magical ninja quest has got to be larger than the crowd interested in specifically a Naruto fanfic quest.
>>
Dog Days Recap thread is up.
>>1271747

Come by if you want to watch a tired old QM try to summarize 136+ threads of story content dating back over two years.
>>
File: rattled.gif (734KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
rattled.gif
734KB, 326x326px
>tfw I fall for the agency meme
>>
>>1271969
No, you fell for the 7 hour chargen meme and then the quest itself was barebones as fuck.
>>
>>1271976
Think of if as running an ice cream shop. I had all the good flavors laid out, ready to go, thinking "hey, this is what people will like, this is what they'll think is new and interesting," but there's always someone who puts peanuts on rum raisin.
>>
>>1271969
There's a reason chargen is considered bad. Just integrate it with the story or have a premade character that you think would be fun to use.
>>
>>1271986
No you ran an ice cream shop only there wasn't any ice cream and you made your customers make it all themselves and you were going to supply the cones and then when they finally finish making their ice cream you just hand them some paper plates and a couple of rolls of tape and tell them that they can turn those into cones
>>
>>1272013
I have a plan to do it right, I just wanted to get it out there, and shot myself in the foot. Everything is more streamlined now though, cut down on the starts, more premade builds.

Not that there weren't more fleshed-out starts, it was just I didn't expect Visoreds to be popular, no one I know really cares about them or likes them. Is it because we got cucked out of Shinji's Bankai? Is it because it's new even though Soul Reapers are done a lot? Oh well, it's better that I realize it's not to be now.

>>1272025
Maybe the customers all had to make it themselves because all the customers wanted butter pecan. Why would there be butter pecan? I've never heard of a demand for butter pecan.
>>
>>1272031
But you didn't offer them any flavours in the first place. You handed them recipes, sure, but that was it.
Then when they went and made some ice cream that wasn't one of the recipes you'd given them you got upset.

If you only wanted them to have access to a few specific flavours, then you should have made it all yourself like every other ice cream store does.
>>
>>1272031
If you weren't prepared for, or didn't like, the visored option why even offer it up in the first place?

Not only that, but always expect your players to go in directions you couldn't forsee.
>>
You're all faggots. vanilla bean is the only flavor you need
>>
>>1271969
Don't blame the players for your shitty chargen.

Also mint chocolate chip is the best.
>>
File: 1461185619405.gif (2MB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1461185619405.gif
2MB, 500x391px
>>1272031
You really should listen to >>1272013

There's nothing wrong with chargen, in fact it can be great fun. ASOIaF House Creation threads always nab an audience.

The main problem with chargen is -how- it is done. Like the other anon says, you have to ingrate it into the story. Vampire quest is a good example of it being done wrong (even if T-Rex Vampire Quest would have been the best thing since sliced bread).

>Name
>Strength
>Weakness

It's absolute horseshit. You need to at least narrow the responses down some, I'd say a maximum of 4 options presented to players, and only done one post at a time. You could make an entire thread purely chargen (votes-wise) and get away with it if you are integrating it into the activities and continuation of the story.

Example:
You wince in pain as you get out of bed, somehow the spike of agony still surprises you everytime. It's that old injury from the September War.
>The twinge of your mechanical replacement hand, the original lost to the bite of a Cyberhound. You hope it choked on it.
>The ache of your damaged leg, eviscerated by a Spike Mine. The synthetic muscles never did entirely get along with the original tissue.
>The shock of your artificial eye coming online. The doc said that Lasbolt should have killed you, and it feels like it did every time you wake up.
>>
>>1272031
Black Sesame is the true best ice cream, just fyi. Peach Kiwi Cobbler close second.
>>
File: Wilh_cen.png (1MB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Wilh_cen.png
1MB, 850x1202px
For those interested, an update on the paladin of Avalon is up.
https://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/29-the-age-of-a-new-moon/4mHiSfnEtCb8zAujx
>>
>>1272031
>>1272079
>>1272090
>>1272177
Cookies and Cream
>>
File: Cake for the good boy.jpg (101KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Cake for the good boy.jpg
101KB, 752x1062px
>>1272785
Shipgirl Commander session has started.
>>
>>1272097
Vampire quest was fucking horrible. Why three fuck do people run quests without even having a setting, let alone a plot?

>medieval
>cyberpunk
>prehistoric
Fuck off
>>
How is every fanfic QM not simply absolute garbage but also weirdly autistic AND egotistical as all hell?

Like, they can fail to even get their shitty quest off the ground and still unironically try to act like they have the biggest internet dick on qtg. Its hilarious
>>
>>1273468
Lets be honest, are there any of the qms with a big following who on /qtg/?
>>
>>1273471
Quest Drone?
>>
>>1273471
Crusty? JQOP?
>>
>>1273471
You?
>>
>>1273471
>implying a following of shitposters and fapfags is worth anything
>>
>>1273471
Trick, unfortunately.
>>
File: tumblr_m9agd7XXaU1qfwpks.gif (434KB, 360x276px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9agd7XXaU1qfwpks.gif
434KB, 360x276px
>>1273471
I don't think it's a huge following but I love my regular crowd. Not a lot of players that would take 3 natural 100's in a roll-under system in one thread and see the funny side in it, or come up with lying and condemn orphans to save the MC's own skin.

When you get players that are creative, helpful and appreciative that counts for a lot more than any number of whingers or apathetic folk.

You guys are cool. Yes, even the guy who got high and wrote an essay on how paperwork could be platoon punishment.
>>
Due to circumstances beyond my control (My grandfather being admitted to the hospital for blood clots and the prognosis being not-too-good), The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #16 will not run today.
>>
>>1274260
I'm sorry for your predicament. Hope he recovers.
>>
>>1274260
Nice excuses, you fucking flake.
>>
>>1274288

Thank you. I'm currently on the road to Los Angeles to be with him in case he does pass away.

>>1274292

You'd think I'd lie about the health of the only family member I have left that actually likes me to get out of running my quest? That's fucked up.
>>
>>1274314
>falling for shitposts
>on 4chan
>>
>>1274322

I've been accused of being a flake before.
>>
>>1274314
>You'd think I'd lie about the health of the only family member I have left that actually likes me to get out of running my quest? That's fucked up.
Exactly. Stop being a piece of shit human being and admit that you just can't be bothered to run your shitty quest.
>>
File: Leona Kuwata.jpg (18KB, 480x280px) Image search: [Google]
Leona Kuwata.jpg
18KB, 480x280px
>>1274292
>>1274370
>Two posts from this ID
Hmm...
>>
>>1274260
You shouldn't tell QTG this sort of thing.
>>
>>1274381
Why not? Cause one autist is going to shitpost? That's just 4chan in general.
>>
Are there any quests you just read and don't participate in where you normally would?
>>
>>1274646
Hive Queen sometimes.

It's got plenty of players so it doesn't need me and I don't always have the crazy amount of knowledge needed to make smart decisions in there.
>>
>>1274646
Lost Island.
>>
>>1274687
ur a cunt fuck you
>>
File: 1352167001649.gif (460KB, 360x560px) Image search: [Google]
1352167001649.gif
460KB, 360x560px
>>1274700
>>
File: 1457326315259.jpg (911KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1457326315259.jpg
911KB, 1024x768px
Starcaller Quest is live.
>>1274832
>>1274832
>>1274832
>>
>>1274646

Maverick Hunter Quest, because I'm so far behind on the lore, the upgrades and the battle formations that I just offer basic tactics when they become available.
>>
File: tegaki.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
6KB, 400x400px
Test on how fast I can scribble
>>
im interested to run Arpeggio of Blue Steel here in /qst/ although i have the basics and story covered and also the combat. I think that im afraid to run here since there would be little to no players who will participate my quest and makes me try to go to other site.

Here is my sypnosis of my quest

The year 2045. Eight years after the great war between humanity and the fleet of fog ended. Although people can safely navigate the marine waters and fly above the air, a new fleet of fog who calls themselves the Big Seven terrorizes the sea and divided themselves into the seven seas. Although there is no recorded evidence that they are working each other but if they converge into one single fleet may deemed dangerous that may cause the worst to happen. Even worse after the great war.

i really wanted to run but i guess im afraid to make one.
>>
What type of battle systems do you prefer, battle systems based around numbers and math, or a battle system based around picking the right option?
>>
>>1275489
Coming up with a good plan which puts us in favorable situation that is reflected as modifiers/lowered DC in a roll.

With degrees of success and fail instead of strictly pass/fail.
>>
>>1275489
Dice with the DC and or bonuses/penalties varying depending the options the playerbase voted on
>>
File: 1489295266885.png (63KB, 187x252px) Image search: [Google]
1489295266885.png
63KB, 187x252px
>Being scared to run

The worst thing that can happen is some turbo fags on a Homo sapien cave painting forum dislike it
No actually the worst thing that can happen is the autists and Trick shitposting at you but other than that just run it

You literally have nothing to lose
>>
>>1275485
Get some battle systems up and running. If you're going to have combat, coming up with one is going to be paramount.
>>
File: 1488299292827.jpg (90KB, 703x516px) Image search: [Google]
1488299292827.jpg
90KB, 703x516px
>>1275744
>No actually the worst thing that can happen is the autists
So the worst thing that can happen is the quest is it attracts an audience? Really activates those almonds.
>>
>>1275744
I would rather have Trick and six clones of him shitposting at me than have my audience be a bunch of brainless sycophants who don't bother calling out when I fuck up.
>>
File: Digust Party.png (2MB, 1786x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Digust Party.png
2MB, 1786x1030px
>mfw Trip/namefags join the quest
How narcissistic do you have to be to do this?
>>
File: 0db2aaa4e215d47abc130e91ab335b2d.jpg (120KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0db2aaa4e215d47abc130e91ab335b2d.jpg
120KB, 707x1000px
>>1275979

Ryukuza Quest starts: Time for some serious oni-punching.
>>
>>1275831
No threes autists and then there's autists

Knowing the difference can save lives
>>
>>1275744
>No actually the worst thing that can happen is...Trick shitposting at you

Holy shit. Congrats to TrickQM. You've officially gained 'Boogieman' status.
>>
>>1276163
Trick only shitposts at people who deserve it. EX; entitled anons, stupid reviewers, moronic QMs, fanfiction QMs, potato kikes, etc.
>>
I have become the ultimate villain
>>
>>1276693
>>1276693
>>1276693

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now up again.
>>
Podcast is now
>>
>>1276718
>Focusing on Pally and his quests.
Pass.
>>
>>1275771
i have the combat ready and go. I was thinking about 2 systems.

A diceless quest but it would heavily narrative driven and i think anons would not bother reading a big wall of text. Although the good side of it is to coordinate with other anons to make a good strategy to overcome an obstacle.

The other one has a dice and present them the situation where the dice gods will decide their fate if they fucked up or not. But in this system I am going to rip off MerCommand Fate point system for every nat 20 just to negate a 1. Or just not implement it and make my own and just rename it.

I have other systems too but its not really compatible with what im doing or i dont know how to do it. Im not really an experienced QM since im just a dude who only writes short stories even though my grammar and sentence structures are atrocious at best.
>>
File: figfan02.jpg (63KB, 652x1064px) Image search: [Google]
figfan02.jpg
63KB, 652x1064px
>>1276807
If you're going to put combat in, I'd suggest reading up on GURPS to see if its applicable in what you want to put in here. I myself employ a pass/fail system for "PER checks", so to speak and that's had mixed result and have a roll simple battle system of "GM 1d8/1d6 Die vs 1d8/1d6 Players Die plus equipment modifiers which hasn't had much complaints.

Since you're a beginner, I'd suggest GURPS or complete choice combat.

Pic Related: Just a reference if you'd like one.

>>1276279
Nah, not really. You don't sit around in quests putting in bad input and ruining the fun of players - that's the check on the list you've yet to make. Trolling GMs/DMs is pretty much par for the course of a regular - every GM's pretty much had that one guy across the table who's loud an obnoxious but ultimately harmless. I'd say you're indistinguishable from the next guy waiting his turn to roll tapping his foot, personally.
>>
File: F-14 low and fast.jpg (78KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 low and fast.jpg
78KB, 1024x768px
Pilot Quest is up!

>>1251932
>>1251932
>>1251932
>>
Has /qst/ gotten any board wide memes yet?
>>
>>1277332
Velo.
>>
File: 1461886562693.png (910KB, 682x642px) Image search: [Google]
1461886562693.png
910KB, 682x642px
James Case returns mid April.

Sorry for the delay.
>>
>>1278032
Noted and marked down.
>>
Would you rather start with nothing as an absolute newbie or play a character who loses everything right at the start of the quest.

Same level of resources, but a totally different approach.
>>
>>1276807
Use a decision based system.

It's easy to accept chance as a factor in a quest about people hitting each other with sticks.

Harder to believe when you have fucking enormous robot space battleships participating in naval combat. Luck wouldn't be much of a factor with targeting computers and laser cannons.
>>
I love /qst/!
>>
>>1276969
>Nah, not really. You don't sit around in quests putting in bad input and ruining the fun of players - that's the check on the list you've yet to make.

I've literally done this
>>
>>1278876
I don't, so you're wrong.
>>
>>1278876
Fuck off Hiro

Gib banner
>>
>>1278887
Fuck you
>>
>>1278887
Sorry Trick theres already a namefag who does this so much worse than you.
>>
File: Fleet Operations.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Fleet Operations.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
Starcaller Quest is running.
>>1279342
>>1279342
>>1279342
>>
>>1279332
Is it Fluff?
>>
>>1279392
No, its Brazilanon
>>
Quest idea
>You're the son of a Satrap living in the court of Not!Artaxerxes IV
>Powerful new kingdom (Not!Macedonia) on the far western frontier, barbarian king unifying the city-states if the Not!Greeks
>Not!Zoroastrianism will dominate the religion of courtiers but most of the peasantry still worship idols which they treat as the embodiment of their gods
>Except in this setting they actually are the embodiments of their gods, 10 feet tall, filled with divine power to varying degrees, living and breathing deities
>These are basically Mesopotamian idols except all the shit the Mesopotamians believed about them is true
>So they're limited geographically and if you kill them, then the city/village they protect is essentially destroyed and can never be rebuilt
>They're capable of impressive magical feats and the only way to become a magic user is to become a priest
>Noble families have a patron god which gives them blessings of strength/health/fertility/skill/et cetera. Usually the god is thought to be the family's ancient ancestor
>Not!Ahura Mazda is a greater deity, like the Not!Greeks gods, who the smaller gods have been forced to serve.
>Quest would revolve around the MC either being sent as a diplomat to Not!Alexander the Great or maybe the destruction of Not!Persia and the MC leading soldiers against Alexander the Great and then being left landless and broke
I've got a lot more of the setting figured out than the plot.
>>
>>1279442
>I've got a lot more of the setting figured out than the plot.
bad sign desu
>>
>>1279546
Tbh it's just something I thought about while listening to the Hardcore History podcast.
>>
>>1279546
What are you talking about?

That's a very good sign! It means he's planned out the setting and hasn't decided on chucking any questers on a railroad yet.
>>
>>1279332
Who?
>>
>>1279562
Settings need to be developed around the story you're trying to tell with them though.
>>
>>1279568
>>1279394
>>
>>1279562
>Sandbox quests
>Good
>>
>>1279576
Never heard of him. He honestly sounds like a loser and a failure of a troll.
>>
>>1279594
He isn't a troll he does all that unironically
>>
>>1279575
Whaat? Hell naw, nigga. Settings/quest don't "need" to be designed in any particular way and you can make a great quest by just building a setting and considering what stories would logically develop from the "machinery" of the setting, if you will.
>>
>>1279546
>>1279575
What kind of triple nigger sentiment is this shit here?

"Oh no I've got a setting more detailed than my plot, this is the worst." You fak'n w0t m8? That's literately not literally okay for a quest. Sure, you can create a setting specific for the plot you want to achieve, verbatim from any first time writer's road to basic novel formula writing manual, but a quest doesn't absolutely need that as their first guiding hand.

Bottom-up worldbuilding is great because a world never has just one story. It has many stories interacting with each other, organically if they've created a world in which that's possible, and a QM can pick and concentrate on the theme they want with room to grow for wherever the players take their character. It's also not particularly difficult to alter a setting where necessary if and when a part of it doesn't fit the goals at the moment or just have stuff added to it. Big things can be set in stone early and background stuff players don't know can be changed until they're right up on it, so long as it still makes sense.

It's true that the greatest tool for a narrative is the world you create for it to exist in, it's what anchors the primary themes and struggles of every character in relation to the player, and in relation of the player to the world, but developing the entire setting around the specific story of the character isn't the only way to achieve the feeling of a well designed world or a narrative that's attractive to play.

I'll add the caveat that if someone thinks their homebrew setting would be a good place to quest they'll still need to change it up to make concessions or additions for the medium, but that's stuff alright QMs do anyways.

>>1279582
Not having a straight railroad doesn't automatically make it a sandbox quest. You can have a setting not specifically designed around one character's story and still carry them on the tracks of a restricted narrative. The opposite is also true, because sometimes QMs don't intend their specific story and the world they designed for it to go so agonizingly far off track, or turn into a sandbox because their notes don't save them whatever nook they've written themselves into.

Directionless sandboxes of "wat do?" are, of course, shit.
Thread posts: 481
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.