[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nightmare At Hill Manor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: A nightmare at Hill Manor.png (427KB, 808x615px) Image search: [Google]
A nightmare at Hill Manor.png
427KB, 808x615px
Everyone has had the sense at least once in their lives that things are not right with the world, that not everything is as it seems. We sometimes feel that sinister truths hide behind a facade of normality, veiled partially by the rational, orderly natural laws taught to us by science. We're told that medieval beliefs in monsters and magic were merely primitive superstitions. We're too wise for that sort of foolishness these days. Or so we assure ourselves. But at night, when the shadows grow long and the wind whistles through the trees, we shudder and remember older truths, the truths of our ancestors, who were right to fear the dark.

We know deep down that the world is a far more terrifying place than we allow our rational minds to acknowledge. To accept this subconscious truth is to invite madness, to succumb to the raw chaos that lurks at the edges of our perception. Best to shut our eyes, pretend it's not there. If we don't see it, it might not see us.

Pretending something is not there, however, does not make it go away. It only helps it to hide better and predators like to hide from their prey, lest it be scared away.

A world where such predators truly existed is a conspiracy theorist's worst nightmare. In such a reality, unseen beings hatch incognito plots against us, pulling our strings like puppeteers looming above us, hidden in the darkness beyond the stage lights. Our only protection is our ignorance, the obliviousness that allows us to keep going day by day, building toward something meaningful - a career, a home, a family. Allegations about secret masters or creatures lurking in the night simply lack evidence. If these things are real, why don't we see them on the evening news? Even Internet sites dedicated to exposing unknown forces in our lives can't produce a single, verifiable picture. It's hard to believe in something we can't see.

Maybe they want it that way.

Welcome to the World of Darkness.

This will be a one shot of a premade adventure titled "Nightmare At Hill Manor" we will be taking 3-4 players who will namefag. Once we have our players we will begin in earnest. If a player does not post for 24 hours without warning we will open up the spot for another person to step in.

If interested see characters below for your first post, and join Discord here: https://discord.gg/qKCKJ

Characters, pick one name yourself: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1kBggheAMEGaERJaUx2Z1hVWG8/

Not familiar with the rules? Not to worry it's a simple system take a look here for a rough overview. Also feel free to ask in Discord: http://www.surreality-rp.com/topic/321-basic-new-world-of-darkness-nwod-guide/

>Who are you?
>>
>>1245387

I am Michael Nero
>>
I am keenly interested in this especially since I don't know the module, but sadly lack the time to commit to it.

Observing.
>>
Benedict Nero.
>>
>>1245499
That is not one of the options, please pick one of the characters from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1kBggheAMEGaERJaUx2Z1hVWG8/
>>
I am Nicky Sims.
>>
>>1246797
Welcome Nicky, two more spots available.
>>
Out of curiosity, is this going to take place in the World of Darkness setting (with all of its SJWness) or just use the WoD rules and mechanics?
>>
>>1247119
I'm not sure what you're talking about. But, I've only ever played with core books, in IRL, without any supplements. So I've never seen
>World of Darkness setting (with all of its SJWness)
It will be the original feel of a dark reflection of reality using the nWoD rules and mechanics.
>>
>>1247169
I don't actually have any direct experience with WoD myself, but there was a thread a while ago about how much attention in it is devoted to gender politics.
A quick Google search got me this interview
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/10/white-wolf-world-of-darkness-rebirth/
with some delightful tidbits such as "it's becoming increasingly harder to keep our world of monsters more dark and threatening than real life" or "the werewolves are nature's immune system response to humankind" and "they are a matriarchy and will not put up with mankind failing to fix their gender inequality" (paraphrasing all of this for the sake of brevity).

If you've never looked into any supplements, I guess that might explain why you never ran into any of this.
So all the better for this quest.
>>
>>1247223
>So all the better for this quest.
Good to hear.

>I don't actually have any direct experience with WoD myself

I have to stress this isn't an issue if you want to hop in. The rules are very simple and if you hop into discord I can teach you them in less than 10min
>>
>>1245387
I am Rachel O'Hara
>>
>>1249237
Welcome Rachel, one more spot available.
>>
I'd be Thomas Booth, but the discord link seems to have died.
>>
>>1252987
Welcome Thomas, we have everyone. A new thread will pop up in a couple hours and I'll post the link here and on discord. When posting please put your character's full name into the name slot.

Thomas: https://discord.gg/8DrRa
Sorry about that here is a new one.
>>
new thread here: >>1256078
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.