[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

File: jcx7knGoi.jpg (33KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
jcx7knGoi.jpg
33KB, 774x1032px
This quest will take place on "Earth 108" in a different DC Universe. For the most part characters will have the same alias and general abilities but the backstory and some villains entirely will be homebrew.

I'll discuss dice systems and such when we begin but before we start we need to get some set up out of the way.

What time period would you like this?
>Golden Age: World War II Era, 40's and 50's
>Modern Day: Think all Batman movies from the last 10 years. That time frame.
>Future: Batman Beyond sort of feel.
>>
>>1243993
>Future: Batman Beyond sort of feel.

Haven't had one of those run yet
>>
>>1243993
>>Future: Batman Beyond sort of feel.
>>
>>Future: Batman Beyond sort of feel.
>>
>>1243993
>Golden Age: World War II Era, 40's and 50's
>>
It will be set in the distant future. To help story elements Bruce will be alive but far past the age where he can be of any assistance other than a mentor. In this timeline all Robins/Nightwing, Batgirls, Batwomen, Bat family members have died or retired and disappeared.

Now we set our proficiencies, these will offer a +3 to any roll of its sort and allow you one reroll of a critical failure. You get 3 to start but by performing more legendary actions/stopping more powerful foes you can level up your proficiencies or add new ones.

Also any skills not chosen will suffer no negative penalty, they will just be rolls without modification.

Skills:
>Hand to Hand
>Firearms
>Stealth
>Technology
>Investigation
>Hacking
>Invention
>Intimidation
>Trapping
>Sleight of hand
>Thrown weaponry
>Melee Weapons
>Survival
>Charm
>Explosives
>Agility/Acrobatics
>Psyche
(CHOOSE 3)

If you have any questions as to what these skills would encompass, please just ask and I'll elaborate.
>>
>>1244035
>Intimidation
>Psyche
>Hacking
>>
>>1244035
>>Hand to Hand
>>Firearms
>>Stealth
>>
>>1244035
>Hand to Hand
>Psyche
>Technology
>>
>>1244035
>Agility/Acrobatics
>Hand to Hand
>Investigation
>>
>>1244040
I'll switch to
>Hand to Hand
>Psyche
>Technology
>>
>>1244060
>>1244054
Compromise for

>Agility/Acrobatics
>Hand to Hand
>Psyche

?
>>
>>1244064
>>1244060
>>1244045
Or

>Technology
>Psyche
>Firearms
>>
A master of many martial arts you soent years of your life a dedicated stident to many masters. You know how to disarm adversaries armed with knives and firearms as well as go toe to toe with all except those who have absolutely mastered the art of hand to hand combat.
Being interested in the newest toys and gadgets you stay on top of mew technological discoveries and the hottest most advanced items on the market.
You developed a mental fortitude over your years spent away from society, your body may be strong from your many years of training but your mind is even stronger. The most gruesome scenes fail to shake you and you have almost no fear of anything in this world.

Now the fun part that will take the longest amount of time. Give me your best tragic backstory. Searching the world's top martial artists and foremost inventors as well as soldiers of fortune and even considering a few other vigilantes. Bruce Wayne has chosen you to carry his mantle of Batman before he passes on. Why?

>Free-Write background for PC

Make it as long or short as you like. The most support or my personal preference will win out.

I have to go on a long drive so in perhaps an hour and a half I will return so feel free to take your time crafting a backstory, the more detail the more I can work into the universe.
>>
>>1244084

Born to a pair of government agents our hero was enrolled early in a blacklisted program run to specifically produce Batman-like figures loyal to the government. They had seen him hold his own against some of the greatest meta-human threats ever seen and they want to produce humans capable of the same. The family was called upon to volunteer and at the age of 7 the schooling was started. His parents were killed when an op had bad intel involved and were assaulted by a metahuman working in conjunction with the Triads, they gifted him the video recognizing the tragedy as a motivating factor and a strong lynchpin with which to drive his thought. All of this effort, all of this drive, was wasted not in a massive attack or in exposure or anything so dramatic. After years of training the department had it's funding cut, it's projects ended and assets redistributed. The trainees were dumped in various areas around the country with cursory surveillance in place to see if anything happened to turn up from the effort.

Batman was of course tracking the program and when one of the kids was dropped in Gotham, he decided to see just how well the program did and if this could be the right heir.

I know it's a touch Jason Bourne-ish but should provide some flexibility and plot hooks
>>
>>1244084
I cant type too much right now but

>war orphan
>seen humanity at its worst
>but has experienced humanity at its best--what it CAN be
>taken in by orphanage built and funded by Wayne Enterprises
>Child-kidnap-sell-whateveritscalled ring robs from orphanage and kidnap children.
>happening for a few months, kids disappear
>mc's best friend is taken one night
>mc fights back, dispatching them with his own simple but effective gadgets and trinkets (mc is a prodigy)
>causes huge commotion but saves kids
>important to Batman creed: spared the lives of the criminals, monsters they are>>1244084

>Bruce takes notice
>takes under wing and mentors
>>
>>1244084
>>1244105
Have most of this with
>>1244124
With the orphanage event and Batman creed traits.
>>
>>1244150
So youre just scratching the war orphan part? lol
>>
>>1244084
Adolescent kid who got into one too many scrapes and only just got out from the jokerz gang, got sent away to "boarding school" which was infact a kadmis operation to attempt trainning for future field operatives to ascern candidacy.

While away Father and mother were murdered by jokerz. Bailed on the programn before it was finished and returned home, got picked up by a wayne charity event for orphans and met Bruce.

Subsiquent vigalanty activities with a length of pipe and a nasty run in with an aging batman and the gang of very unlucky jokerz sees an injured duo aiding each other back to the cave and thus their relationship began.
>>
So
>Orphan
>Trained Pre-Batman
>Helped by Wayne enterprises

I'll find a way mash these so elements from most get in.

Another half hour for any backstories or if anyone wants to support one.

Also, tell me what you'd like to see in this quest.
>>
>>1244314
Reverse Trap Batman.
>>
File: Batman Beyond Deaths.jpg (3MB, 1568x3558px) Image search: [Google]
Batman Beyond Deaths.jpg
3MB, 1568x3558px
>>1244314
Regrettable and sad deaths
>>
>>1244084
these skills are literally just original batman skills, wtf
>>
File: 1466463547216.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1466463547216.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>1244429
Apologies for forgetting the robot seduction and hovercraft parallel parking skills.

The skills encompass wide arrays of items. Firearms applied to traditional guns as well as laser and plasma weaponry.
Thrown is anything from a batarang to a news drone filming your fight.
>>
File: JesterHead-780x780.png (73KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
JesterHead-780x780.png
73KB, 780x780px
You remember the days well. Forced as a child to train in harsh conditions, to survive. You fought Monks who had trained their entire lives, boxers who had been champions ten times over, even a Russian Spetsnaz Strike force with nothing but your bare hands and a GPS.

You underwent daily "hardenings" that were more like torture, beaten with bamboo sticks to deaden your nerves, burned with torches until you could walk across hot coals, and ither more ghastly experiences that tested the bounds of your sanity. But you always had something to look forward to, home. Your parents were required to send you to these training camps but whenever you got home you were showered with affection and love that helped you hold on to your tattered humanity.

When the training was over you were fifteen and missing ten years of your life, you went home to find a door, half ajar with a broken keypad next to it. You stepped inside and fell to your knees as you looked at the bloodied corpses of your parents. Your father beaten to death, your mother clothes torn and ripped away by those animals who left their damn signatures. A hovering holograph of a Jester's head.

The opening of the 'Thomas and Martha House for Orphaned Youth' was a year later, you had never stopped training in foster care, a strict physical routine kept you sane as you were stuck in a home with 'parents' who were afraid of you. A weaker person, all the loss and pain, they would have broken but it only made you stronger.
1/2
>>
At the event you met him, the legendary Bruce Wayne, Older now. He walked with a metal cane and his once rick black hair and turned to a steely silver. He shook your hand, gave his condolences and eventually excuses himself for his medicine when his watch went off.

You walked around, forced to be here by your 'family' to try and intergrate you with the real world. As you rubbed elbows with the other orphans and people there to pitty your or get brownie points with the media, you heard it, a shrill laugh echoed through the now still air and at the end of the ballroom stood a man in a purple and green outfit. Purple silk slacks and purple vest with a bright green undershirt, he held in his hands a bulky rifle, the thing looked ancient but even outdated, bullets kill.

"All right ladies and gents! I'm here to collect donations for the poor orphans of this city. If you'd deposit your credits into this little device my associate has, we can make sure this party rips." He said all this with a smile but his eyes were ice cold

One of his gang of four approached with a bulky credit reader. These were Jokerz, the stupid clothes, the face paint and harlequin hats. You felt rage all the rage from years billowing out of you like a thick smog, you took the fiz you were drinking and held the bottle by its neck as you approached the one with the credit reader. He turned to you and you'll never forget the feeling you had committing to what was about to happen next.

"Will it be credit or credit sir?" The scrawny punk asked

You had no reply, you could only see red as you brought the bottle across his jaw and sent him to the floor. The bottle still in one piece you heaved it like a throwing knife at the leader as you rushed forward. The bottle slammed into his nose sending a shower of blood over his suit, a scream of pain and anger was all you heard before the gunfire.

The rifle blew apart the marble ceiling and rained chunks on the patrons, they screamed and ducked but you kept running you'd either die a hero or take him down with you. You watched the spray stop, his eyes focus on you as he rose the gun and pulled.

A muffled gunshot followed as his barrel was blocked by a black throwing knife in the shape of a bat. The barrel burst into shrapnel and you heard him scream as blood gushed from his hand, you looked onto the second floor balcony and saw an urban legend in the flesh, Batman. He descended on them like a hawk, his batarangs and fists handling the group with no problem. It was an exciting night.

To make a long story short you remember waking up to the batarang with Bruce's address in your headboard and the rest is history.
>>
>>1244565

What do we do now?
>>
(Holy text dump Batman)

*Three Years Later*

You walk into the cave, the computer hums as Bruce sits in his large leather desk chair looking over a few of GCPD's Most Wanted.

"Bruce? What are you doing up so early?" You ask as you take a large gulp of your coffee.

"I woke up last night, my scanner software in the GCPD found a name I'd been waiting for. Falcone." He says this with a sort of anger you dont usually gaet from him.

"Guessing there is a history with this Falcone?" You ask setting down the mug to listen

"Not him. His father. The kid inherited a crime empire and I thought he was too week to keep up his dad's work, thankfully I was right." He said staring more intently at the screen

"Then what's the problem?"

"He's dead, and now Mario is in charge. He'd been who I was worried about but as long as Alberto stayed in control I could be relaxed on my surveillance. But it's only been not even seven hours and Mario is trying to set up a low level weapons deal. He's arming up. The buy is happening in a shipping yard on the west side of New Gotham."

"Well then let's stop em, get suited up." You say moving to the armory door before bruce turns to face you.

His face is pale and his eyes are sunken into his head the whites now fading to a light yellow.

"No, not us. You."

You begin to protest but he stops you again.

"I can't fight anymore, Luke. I have accepted I'm going to have to take a backseat and let someone else become the Batman. Go into the armory, I've had the drones set some selections up for you. Suits and weaponry, I trust you to handle this Luke. Report back after you're geared up for a debrief." With that he turns back to the computer

You contemplate trying to talk to Bruce about why he's doing this but he's never been the talking type. Instead you enter the armory and look as the armor casses, two newly designed suits have been pulled up in the chambers. The shelves next to them contain weaponry as well.

SUIT SELECTION:

>Shadow of The Bat:
A pitch black suit with a light grey emblem, barely any armor on it besides blunt and puncture resistant padding inside. The arms have the classic bat gauntlets. The left gauntlet also sports a bulky watch type object that appears to fire electric pulses designed to incapacitate.
The boots also have active dampening fields for increased stealth.

>The Wrath of The Bat:
This suit is heavily armored, dark black plating with a tarnished silver emblem. The gauntlets are outfitted with dull square prongs on the ends for electric shock in close quarters combat. The gauntlets also contain small missiles capable of blowing open doors and thin walls. The boots contain a rocket propulsion system to allow you to speed towards enemies both on ground level and above.
This suit hits hard and loud.
>>
>>1244611
>>The Wrath of The Bat:
>>
>>1244611
>Shadow of The Bat
>>
>>1244611
>Shadow of The Bat:

Sorry, as much as i want rocket boots and the batman beyond suit, i prefer stealth bats, at least for the early thug rustling days.
>>
>>1244611
>Shadow of The Bat:

Stealth has always been the Bat's best friend
>>
You slip into the suit and it feels light, you do a few stretches and high kicks and as expected you'll be more than able to handle any acrobatics in this thing.

You move over now to the shelves illuminated by small white light. The suit is smaller so three gadgets is all you can bring.

GADGET SELECTION:
>Batarangs
>Smoke Bombs
>Auto lockpick
>Explosive Gel
>Hologram Disc
>Batclaw (grappling hook)
>Extendable quarter staff
>Flashbang balls
>Heartbeat Monitor

(CHOOSE 3)

With time and backing from Bruce you could build anything your mind could think up.
>>
>>1244746
>Batclaw (grappling hook)
>Batarangs
>Extendable quarter staff
>>
>>1244750
Backing
Though maybe trade out the staff for flashbangs, we may need an emergancy disabler.
>>
>>1244753

I would be alright with that switch, I was debating it myself and that fact that I love quarterstaffs won out, but flashbangs have more utility
>>
>>1244750
>>1244746
+1
>>
File: BATMANG.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BATMANG.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>1244611
>Shadow of the Bat
>>
You attach the bat claw to your belt and slip the batarangs into the specially designed pockets along witg your flashbang pellets.

You exit the armory and Bruce looks at you, stoic as ever but you can swear you see pride. You pull up the cowl and feel the cool material stuck to your skin and momentary darkness before the flexi-glass eye covers unveil and you see the room far brighter than it actually is.

"The eye lenses have advanced light absorption, same technology for solar panels. When you turn them off it should reflect the light out giving you the appearance of completely white eyes. A personal touch I've had on most of my suits." He says toying with the cowl pulling it tight.

He sighs and motions for you to follow as you approach the exit ramp from the cave. He pulls a lever and you hear the familiar whirring of the vehicle delivery elevator. A sharp hiss and escaping gas erupt as the blast doors open and the BatBike is revealed.

Sleek and antique design the wheels are covered mostly by the body protecting the wheels, the side skirts extend into wongs for gliding and the front is armed with a miniature EMP gun to shut down any car that runs off electricity which most do.

"Try not to wreck, you did fine in the simulations just. No flips. I'll be watching." He says as he hands you a small wristband with the bat symbol on it, it glows as you get close to the bike. You'd think he was joking about watching if you didn't know him as well as you do.

"I'll be back soon, Bruce" you say giving him a nod and starting up the bike.

"I'll provide intel from here. Good luck, Batman." You hear the twinge of sadness in his voice but putnit out of your head for the mission.

You rocket out into the dead end street and go flying up the road, the early morning city is still dark as it is four thirty, the sun hasn't even risen. You fly through the streets before you hear Bruce over your built in earpiece.

"Falcone could be at one of three places based on my reports. The Docks already setting up, the New Gotham Hotel, or at a seedy bar his pops loved it's in Jokerz territory now."

You activate the autodrive and choose a location.

>The Docks
>New Gotham Hotel
>The Bar
>>
>>1244881
>The Bar

Seems like a decent place to start
>>
>>1244881
>New Gotham Hotel

If Falcone is incompetent then the best bet is hes somewhere nice and cushy.
Won't be in jokerz territory, too open to the numerous other gangs vying for control of gotham, good place for info though. Docks are mook work, we go there and we'll probably just catch a henchman.
>>
>>1244881
>New Gotham Hotel
>>
>>1244881
>New Gotham Hotel
>>
The Bike rakes you to the New Gotham Hotel. The building is massive, another monument to the donations of the Wayne family.

You park the bike in a back alley and begin searching for a way in. As you look around you look up and use the Cowl's zoom feature on the lenses. You see a young man with slicked back black hair and a fancy suit, he's yelling to a couple guys and they bring him a bottle of champagne he takes a swigand goes back to leaning over the railing of his balcony. The cowl detects a laser pistol on his person, activated. This might be who you're looking for.

You need to get to him

>Pick the lock to the basement
>Scale the side of the hotel
>Batclaw from balcony to balcony
>Other
>>
>>1244977

We need to not make noise, such as when we use a batclaw. Lets scale for now, stay in the balcony's blind spot, directly under it if its large enough.
>>
>>1244977
>>
>>1244977
>>
Go ahead and make a stealth check. 1d20.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>1246869
>>
File: tumblr_m6k23hkB2F1qjkugeo1_500.gif (950KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6k23hkB2F1qjkugeo1_500.gif
950KB, 450x300px
>>1246875
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>
Oh no
>>
Taking best of three so the next roll better be great.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>1246897
Batman is kill
>>
File: 1379391202144.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1379391202144.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>
File: 4618371-6183510186-tumbl.gif (443KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
4618371-6183510186-tumbl.gif
443KB, 500x271px
Oh by the gods.
>>
You begin to climb, you use the magnetic gloves, small cracks inbetween windows and the textured metal exterior to make your way up.
After near fifteen minutes of climbing you're three fourths of the way up, when you begin to slide. You hear the light whining of your mag gloves dying you begin scrambling quickly making a loud clanking, you hear movement above.

"What the hell is that!" Yells Falcone

"Shoot the damned thing!"

You see as lasers speed towards you from the various energy weapons. You feel the blast of heat hit your shoulder and your arm go numb. You release and plummet twelve feet through a glass patio table.

You groan and light begins to fade. You want to let go, the oain is so intense you want to rest and forget about it.

Make a Psych Check (add +3)
1d20
>>
Rolled 5 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>1246974
>>
Rolled 18 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>
Rolled 9 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>1246974
>>
>>1247047
One post per person, please.
>>
>>1247053
Sorry that was an accident on my part, my first post wasn't loading right
>>
Rolled 5 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>1246974
I don't know, i leave you guys alone for one moment and fate tries to murder you.
>>
>>1246974
This is not schway. This is not schway at all.

>>1247038
This is pretty schway though.
>>
Rolled 17 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>1246974

Let's use the stealth suit we said
>>
>>1247162
Thanks bro, I try
>>
Shock
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

Rip batty
>>
Did OP die? Cause if he did that was fast as fuck
>>
The Cake is a Lie.
>>
Just found this, looks promising OP.
hope you come back at some point
>>
>>1263184
I don't think he's coming back
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.