[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hexion Nation Builder #2 - real edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: hexion world.png (698KB, 5076x4256px) Image search: [Google]
hexion world.png
698KB, 5076x4256px
I'm afraid we are no longer open to new factions unless one or more players drop out.

That said, anyone is welcome to follow along.

The attached map is the world of Hexion as of the beginning of Round 4 (April of Year One).
>>
File: skeleton kings domain.png (98KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton kings domain.png
98KB, 2000x2000px
Faction map of the Skeleton King's Domain.
>>
File: perieza.png (137KB, 2764x2000px) Image search: [Google]
perieza.png
137KB, 2764x2000px
Faction map of Perieza (including Ciccarone's Town and West Turtle Island).
>>
File: shimo.png (195KB, 2484x2056px) Image search: [Google]
shimo.png
195KB, 2484x2056px
Faction Map of Shimo (note that western Shimo, including the capital Shimo-miyako, is currently flooded).
>>
Our Discord server is at
https://discord.gg/sz9PCFj

Feel free to come by and chat.
>>
>Skeleton King's Domain
>Establish an organised education system for the death mages
>Rolled 18 / 20

The death mages seem to spend much time huddlng over diagrams, toying with magic crystals, reading cursed tomes and so on. Then, after some time of this kind of activity, they tend to blow themselves up in a cloud of deep purple smoke and an accidentally summoned murder of ravens. There are now a lot of ravens in the city, and they keep trying to pick at your fleshless subjects. They'll even have a go at the death mages that look a bit pale, which is all of them.

Meanwhile, the Domain is stagnating. You don't even have a, a, a... a sheep. Or a dark, swirling portal that throws out little purple sparks. Civilised things like that. Though, it must be said, you do at least have a lot of ravens.

You personally oversee the institution of the Academie for Furtheryng the Study of the Magyc of Deathe, situated within the Heartbeat Quarter of the city where the mortals dwell. Mainly because you don't have anything better to do. You make sure to instruct a few mages to sit in the Lonely Ghost together, get a few bitters (on you) and mutter very loudly about all the extremely secret, hidden, arcane and heretical arts being practiced at the Academy. Within the first week, you had to extend the building. And replace the bits that blew up.

+ Advanced death magic
>>
>Shimo Ninja
>Divert resources to calming the floods around Miyako
>Rolled 7 / 20

Little work is achieved as the flood relief crews flounder in the murky water that fills the city streets. A few streets are drained of water and protected by sacks of mud. The residents hang their clothes, black headbands, and paper cranes out to dry as they try to return to normal life.
>>
>Space Magic Belca
>Improve the Montegran national education system
>Rolled 15 / 20

If at first you don't succeed, try the same thing again and again until it damn well works. That's your motto.

But this time, you try a slightly different tack and make failure to attend the new schools punishable by flogging in the town square of the whole offending family. You also take the opportunity to persecute the republicans. It's tough love. The scheme is successful, though rumours - completely baseless, of course - suggest that you are a sadomasochist.

You enlist a group of educated people to teach at the schools - for a reasonable value of the word "educated". Including some of the Montegran government-in-exile who have given up on passing imaginary laws over non-existent civilians, over a rat-and-parsnip hotpot in a loft above a pigeon oil salesman.

The benefits of the school will not be seen immediately, but you have planted the seed of the great glace cherry tree of national greatness and soon you will have but to reach up to pluck its sweet fruit. Mmmmmm, glace cherries... fresh off the branch...
>>
Rolled 6, 4 = 10 (2d10)

>>1243855
Round 4 or 5 turn (I don't know which turn this roll is supposed to be): Scout the nearby lands to see if they got anything interesting on them before I start sending the refugees to settle there
>>
>>1243885
We're still on Round 4;.I think I'm still waiting on a few guys like Hellensire.

I asked for this last thread, but nobody listened to me. When making your action rolls, please type "Round [x] turn" at the top of your post. For instance, "Round 4 turn" or "Round 5 turn". This will make it a lot easier for me to keep track of who's taken which action for what turn. Also, please always use your nametag and faction name when posting your action.
>>
>The Created
>Create snow golems for scouting
>Rolled 5 / 20

There is bad weather on the tundra: a mild blizzard means that your people cannot venture far from the city lest they lose their way and wander forevermore in a lonely white world. Thus the collection of snow and ice goes slowly, but eventually a stockpile is made in an area sheltered from the wind. But the smouldering golem cores, like fist-sized red-hot coals, are far too hot to be encased in it.

How would the Ancients have confronted his problem, you ask yourself.

The spider scouts still have yet to return.
>>
>El Sol Commune
>Improve the docks and shipyard
>Rolled 19 / 20

[Infiltration is an active and rolled action. Also, you are aware that you are large, rouge orcs? It may be hard for your spies to blend in...]

Over this month, you have great success with all your projects. You get the docks and shipyard squeaky clean, all ready for a the birth of a new world-girdling merchant fleet. You even expand the dock and make it larger by half again, and fix a number of small leaks and weaknesses in its timber structure.

Making preparations for your first interactions with the wider world as a free people, you begin to feel apprehensive. Distant Perieza in the south is said to be very wealthy, and could be the main market for El Sol's produce... but they also sound very powerful, and likely they have been seduced by the wiles of capitalism. Through convoluted means it has reached your ears that Perieza has founded a colony on the shore of what you know as the Merman's Lung. Other gossip has it that it will not be long before the mighty Space King of the west will march to capture the colony. Either way, it would be good for the Commune to have an spy or two there... well, let's call them proactive patriots. But how to disguise one of your kind in a human settlement. It doesn't seem feasible...
>>
That feel when montegro has no map
>>
>>1244338
Montegro will be the next map.
>>
FUHRER FERDINAND IS HERE

>>1244338
We accept your trade route btw
>>
>>1246919
Hurrah!!! Alright I want access to factory tech in exchange We'll give you some of our silver and iron mines
>>
File: montegro silver mines.png (39KB, 506x585px) Image search: [Google]
montegro silver mines.png
39KB, 506x585px
>>1244597
[Well, Montegro, diplomacy with the Zwerges Reich is a free action so you can use it this round. I'll count you as having opened trade this round. How this works is that merchants will still do their own thing unless instructed not to, but if you want to make a major purchase then you'll have to negotiate it with the Reich.]

>Republic of Montegro
>Construct silver mines as quickly as possible
>Rolled 15 / 20

In the first month of spring, you begin a project to exploit the scouts' discovery of silver in a forest cave to the north. You organise the fashioning of a set of iron braziers, to hold flaming torches and glass lanterns on the walls. As for tools, you have some strong iron pickaxes forged and distributed to the workers. You're feeling pretty good right now; the discovery of the precious metal in Montegran lands - well, lands that are definitely Montegran now - will bring wealth into the country and help the poor. Which is most people. It's not hard to find people in the cities willing to work for food, lodging and a a few green copper coins a day to send back to their families.

The minework goes reasonably well. It seems that there is a not just a hidden cavern, but an entire system of corridors, caves, and waterfalls. In the local area, the mine has acquired the name Silverpit.

By the end of the month, some silver has already been mined from the walls, refined and pressed into discs for storage.
>>
File: redhart.png (61KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
redhart.png
61KB, 1000x1000px
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1243941
Round 5

The Ancients would have curse, cursed some more, given up, then tried to make something only tangentially related. Do all of those in that order and try to put to golem core in the water to make a water golem. As the Ancients would say 'It can freeze the water itself for all I care!'.
>>
I'm not sure if I ever got my round 4 proessed. Did I?
>>
>>1247657
I've just found it .
>>
>>1246983
Send scouts to explore the caverns futher
>>
>>1247657
>Zwerges Reich
>Improve the Reich's steam tractors
>Rolled 5 / 20

Fault tractors are unacceptable! Unpatriotic! Unglorious! They will not be tolerated!

What if the Reich has to fight another war with ol' Jim Greenfingers and his war toads, and the Reich's mighty agricultural power is not up to task to support Zwerges' heroic soldiers? This won't do, dammit!

So you decide on a drastic course of action: you will order a new generation of tractors produced, under the watchful and squinty eyes of the goggledorfs (properly known as "scientists") of Bluesmoke Hill. Figuring that they need creative freedom, you keep the plans down to a communication of the general idea: a machine that, under the direction of a farmer, will be able to till, sow, and reap a whole field. For this work, you will pay them half their money is advance and the other half upon successful completion of the work.

And so construction begins; the sound of much labouring is heard from the surrounding area. Which is mostly other goggledorfs, as they tend to blow up like corn seeds in the lair of a particularly short-tempered dragon. That is allergic to gold. There is hammering, numerous strange whirring noises, and copious loud dwarven swearing.

At the end of the Month of Iron, the goggledorfs present their work. The... tractors? (you uncertain whether that word can still be applied to them) are made of iron, full of a hoard of cogs of all different sizes and all turning in concert with one another. Each tractor has a pair of polished metal wings and a large crabclaw. They emit smoke from four funnels at their sides, grinding and chuffing and whirring all the while. As they flap off through the air by themselves, pulling hoes through the test field, the noises are overlaid by a clanging and hissing which grow louder and louder and are then overlaid by a metallic screeching.

A goggledorf rubs his beard. "They're 'bout to blow, I reckon. Must be the boilers."

Bloody incompetents, you think as you dive for cover.
>>
The Zwerges Reich calendar:

Winter:

Month of Silver
Month of the Smith
Month of Pipesmoke

Spring:

Month of Iron
Month of the Anvil
Month of Brewers

Summer:

Month of Gold
Month of the Forge
Month of Gruit

Autumn:

Month of Copper
Month of the Hammer
Month of the Tankard
>>
>>1248470
>Rolled 5 / 20
Actually that was 5/10. I rerolled last thread using the proper 1d20 dice (also an extra by accident)
>>
>>1248714
I thought you rolled 5 on 2d10?

If I got your roll wrong then sorry, especially since I kept changing dice system. But could you bear with it, since you got a pretty long writeup?
>>
File: not venetian soldiers.jpg (41KB, 564x403px) Image search: [Google]
not venetian soldiers.jpg
41KB, 564x403px
Rolled 1 (1d20)

Action: Word of the strange and grotesque civilizations of the inland has trickled into Perieza. Suddenly realizing that a few war galleys and some disinterested militiamen is hardly enough to realize Perieza's ambitions on land, it is decided that a professional company of soldiers should be established. One hundred men, with the best, top-notch armor and arms technology of the late 1400s. Additionally, the first task for these soldiers is to construct watchtowers along the Swampside Way, with the intent of signal fires being lit to warn of invasion or illegal merchants trying to sneak across.

(If that's too much for one turn, establish the company of soldiers first, or have it fail horrifically, depending on the dice)
>>
>>1249310
Oh shit, it's coup time.
>>
>>1249314
Good Bye, Periezans. Maybe my people will finally stop thinking I work for you or whatever the current rumour around the mill is.
>>
>>1249314
Oh shit, well guess it's time to spread "democracy"
>>
File: 805.jpg (36KB, 300x305px) Image search: [Google]
805.jpg
36KB, 300x305px
>>1249310
>>
>>1243936
K, got it. Does my roll still count or am I waiting till turn 5? Also, we using 1d20 dice or is it still 2d10 dice?

>>1249310
>the strange and grotesque civilizations convinced your newly formed company to rebel against the government

Such is life Sorry I can't help mate, too far away. Best of luck to you though.
>>
I think the Round 4 turns I'm waiting on right now are just the Cabal and Hellensire, but it's possibly I've just lost track of their turn posts

>>1250226
Your turn's next for me to answer, and this is your Round 4 turn. Each turn corresponds to one month.

1d20 is the dice system right now, but I can use the 2d10 you rolled if you can't make it back here to roll in the next few hours.

You can also make as many interactions as you want with other factions that are near to you, like Shimo and the Zwerges Reich.
>>
File: Weeaboo Knight of Belca.png (221KB, 279x432px) Image search: [Google]
Weeaboo Knight of Belca.png
221KB, 279x432px
Rolled 1 (1d20)

Since Round 4 is taking so long, I'll go ahead and put down my Round 5 action ahead of time.

I move to make (or atleast begin making) the two empty spaces around the capital Military Areas, for general Military things such as barracks, training camps, stables, Magi-Tek Testing Facilities, and the like.
>>
>>1250327
>Rolled 1 (1d20)
GODDAMNIT.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1250281
Sweet.

Round 4 turn

Time to scout the surrounding lands with veteran rangers, looking to for anything interesting/useful. If my rangers report back with their findings in a timely matter, I will begin to flood these land with my refuge- ah, settlers, with a small force of soldiers to protect them.
>>
>>1249310
>>1250327
First the Periezans, now Belca. Maybe the rumors of them colluding together aren't really rumors at all.
>>
>>1250415
>Lordship of Bloodmist
>Scout the surrounding countryside and settle refugees in it
>Rolled 5 / 20

You send out a troop of scouts into the surrounding countryside, tasked with looking friendly and reasonable. Though they search east and west, north and south, they are either ignored by the local people, told to "invade if they think they're hard enough" by drunkards before even saying anything, or all talked into buying mystery meat pies at a silver a piece. Overall, the expedition is a failure.
>>
>>1249310
>Republic of Perieza
>Form an army
>Rolled 1 / 20

The inland countries are queer, freakish and barbaric. Some of them don't even have boats! What sort of country can you have without boats?!

In order to conque- defend against military aggression, you order the formation of a Periezan army. In actual practice, all you can achieve in the span of a month is to round up some of the capital's poor and arm them with iron swords and shields, all very tastefully engraved in the finest Periezan style. It's not as though anybody with a couple of grapes to hawk would stoop to doing dangerous and distasteful work inland. So far, so good, you think: the republic has grown a little safer by means of its heroic and patriotic heroes of the battlefield. And they work just for food and theatre tickets!

You put a low-ranking merchant in charge of them and then tell them to buzz off and patrol somewhere, build a watchtower by the Swampside Way or something.

Around a week later, you receive a letter from the west. It reads:

"We, the Sea Eegles, formarly Periezan armee, have brokan free of the tiranny and oppreshon of the Periezan plutokrasy. We haf capchured Ciccarony & his towne on the Sweetlaike and seezed all stocks & supplys there-inne.

Syned trecherusly,
Francois Antoine
>>
>>1250327
You have heard about the magical Sword of Shimo and their weapon-making capabilities, and - though you made sure to thoroughly mock it in the royal court - you cannot have Belca fall behind. Your first idea is to cover the whole kingdom with wire netting to keep out Shimo's giant paper war cranes and their riders, but you dismiss the idea as impractical. Claustrophobia can really destroy the motivation of a workforce.

And so you begin a program of general military advancement: barracks, training camps, stables, dragon-spotters, carp-riders, pigeon-masters, watchtowers, tower-watchers, and a fleet of privateer ships.

Historic advancement is made in the technology and might of Belca, as it prepares to show itself as the undisputed biggest stray cat at the great rubbish heap that is international politics.

Then the secret Magi-Tek facilities blow up and take everything else with them, leaving a large crater and lot of magical irradiation.
>>
I think I can officially say that we are on Round 5 now.

I think I'm still waiting on the Round 4 turn for the Cabal and the bloodsu- "Hellensire".

I'll be accepting Round 5 turns and Round 6 turns, and the two Round 4 turns that I think have yet to come in.

Please include "Round [x] turn" in your post. It makes it easier for me to find all the turns of a single round and so work through them first.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1250739
Round 5
Now that our prescence on the sea has been established as the superiour one, it's time to show the rest of the world the power of steroid filled produce feed orcs.
And by that I mean stablish proper infraestructure for Sol's millitary, build barracks, siege weapons and bombard towers. All of this is done in order to defend the revolution, of course, we are a peaceful nation.
Also as a passive action, can we contact the Periezan defectors? They seem like good cannon fodde- I mean workers.
>>
>>1250739
Round 5, Explore the cave systems
Round 6, Develop Steam Tech [get that plus 2 mod in science]
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

I want to try and improve the tractors one last time before moving on to something else1
>>
>>1251559
https://youtu.be/t7PmzdINGZk?t=72
>>
I can't come back to this quest for a week, so thanks to all of you for playing up until now.

I'll perhaps be around a little later, perhaps not, but I'll only be answering late Round 4 turns.
>>
>>1250726
>a large crater and lot of magical irradiation.
Atleast we can actually clean that up, but my god are we going to need a shit ton of Magic Sponges.
>>
Not sure whether we'll continue the game after I get back from my holiday. We'll see.

It's been fun so far.
>>
>>1253872
It has. Hope you do.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.