[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squad shooter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: begso.png (6KB, 1000x924px) Image search: [Google]
begso.png
6KB, 1000x924px
a turn based shooter in which 2 teams of player fight each other to the death. to start things off you need to make a load out

since last thread a lot of player made meme builds, I'm going to tell you lot to try and be a little more responsible this time round. however tempting it may be to pick 2 dead mans ringers and 100 cherry bombs, please try to think of your team mates. I won't stop you, just a little forewaning I felt was required.

you have [400] points to make you build

light/utility
>silverfish (revolver) [50]
>frag grenade [20]
>concussive grenade [20]
>smoke grenade [10]
>lil' slugger (high impact hand gun) [70]
>knife [10]
>shuriken [5]
>saber [30]
>breaching ram [100]
>medkit [100]
>barracade [50]
>cherry bomb (very small explosive, best used as a distractoin) [1]

mid size weapons
>Rock-winder (very small smg with grip) [90]
>Silvershark (large rifle with a rotary loader) [120]
>rattlesnake (LMG) [200]
>Von Draco (flamethrower) [150]
>Orbit (sniper rifle) [150]
>Big Smoke (heavy double barreled shotgun) [120]
>number 9 (small pump actoin shotgun) [90]
>G3NR-1K (assualt rifle) [150]

heavy weapons/heavy explosives
>12 canister (a heavy, semi-portable, mounted gattling) [250]
>letupan besar (grenade launcher with 3 shots) [200]
>pocket nuke (massive explosive) [200]
>dead mans trigger (detonates when holder dies) [150]
>Lancer (single use RPG launcher) [250]

How the map works
>black: a wall. you can't go here or shoot through this
>grey: cover. your less likely to be shot when behind this. to increase this likely hood further you can crouch in front of it to make it close to impossible to be hit by none explosive, none flame thrower weapons. you can't move through it (no jumping allowed)
>white: movable space. you can shoot through this with standard hit rate.

how movement works
>you can move 5 spaces at a time, I've decided to up the movement speed from 3 since last thread, I realised that camping had became a major problem. using an item does not count as a movement point
>you choose where to move by announcing which direction you want to move in and how many times, like a string of commands. this also means you have to choose when to shoot in this string of commands. recoil and accuracy is effected by movement, so either start shooting on your last turn or stop early for best accuracy
>you can turn, and this does not count as a movement in its self. you can NOT however move diagonally

there are two teams

>sicle-moor
>sovereign

you'll be randomly assigned to one, and given a colour. good luck.

one last thing, to make things easier on my end, try to name yourself. its a heck of a lot easier for me when I don;t have to guess which anon anon is referring too
>>
>>1241428
Too complex.
Dumb it down.
>>
>>1241632
I did that last thread, and I had to explain the game to every one while we where playing
>>
>>1241632
To call it an issue of complexity or dumbing down is to misidentify the problem.

>>1241654
You've made some progress. Trouble is, much of the rest of the game does little to inform incoming players how they should be thinking about it. Let's use the movement rules as an example.

>You can turn, and this does not count as a movement in its self. You can NOT however move diagonally.
Let's start off with something nice. This line starts out a little clunky, but it makes two things clear: turning is free and cardinal movement only. Good. This was a question last time, and it won't be anymore.

>You can move 5 spaces...
You start this line off with the concept of "spaces." Cool. I've played board games before. There aren't grid lines on your map, but I see squares, which I'm comfortable with equating to spaces. So I can move 5 spaces in a turn, right?

>...at a time.
Uh-huh. That's not a turn. So, /maybe/ I can move 5 spaces in a turn. Or maybe it works like in XCOM, where I get these 5 spaces of movement "at a time" like batches. If the latter, how many batches of 5 spaces do I get?

>Using an item...
I-I'm not even solid on how many spaces I get to move yet.

>... does not count as a movement point.
Items work on different rules than movement does? Why are they being mentioned in the same line? I still don't know if I get my 5 spaces per turn or in batches. And what the heck is a movement point? This is the first and last time we see the term "movement point" in all the rules, so I can't connect it to any other concepts I've read here unless I start making assumptions, which is something no player wants to knowingly do if they're interested in winning or at least being successful.

Try to explain to me how movement really works, and we can go from there.
>>
>>1241632
Son, if this is too complex you really need to go out and exercise your mental capacity.
>>
>>1241428
How many uses in a medkit?
Also, how to health?
>>
>>1241428
So something like this, OP? You should look at the Skirmish games hosted here and look at how they do their instruction sheets.

[400]
>Rattlesnake (LMG) [200]
>Barracade [50]
>Barracade [50]
>frag grenade [20]
>frag grenade [20]
>frag grenade [20]
>smoke grenade [10]
>smoke grenade [10]
>smoke grenade [10]
>Knife [10]
>>
>>1241428
I see grenades and sniper rifles, how big is the map? also please add a grid to it
If someone says "I shoot X" is X dead unless he is in cover/the other guy is running?
>>
>Von Draco (flamethrower) [150]
>medkit [100]
>lil' slugger (high impact hand gun) [70]
>saber [30]
>smoke grenade [10]
>smoke grenade [10]
>smoke grenade [10]
>smoke grenade [10]
>smoke grenade [10]
>>
>>1241428
Brooke

12 canister [250]
barracade[50]
barracade[50]
lil' slugger [70]
aber [30]
>>
>>1241428
'Billy'
>Orbit [150]
>Rock-winder [90]
>medkit [100]
>frag grenade [20]
>smoke grenadex4 [40]
>>
>>1241428
Can this take place at a school?
>>
sorry for disparaging, I decided to go to sleep, because thats something humans need
>>1243710
sure kid
>>1243567
>>1243444
a medkit has infinite use (yaaay). the health system is kind of like dwarth fortresses for example a knife wound would be considered "multiple bleeding wounds", or a sniper rifle shot too the head would be "severe skull puncture"

medkits can heal most wounds, but there are somethings they can't fix. for example, awhile a knife wound could be patched up, a gaping hole in your skull cannot...in fact you'll probably be dead before the medic can even get to you

>>1241854
>>1243506
yeah I'm kind of new to being the op of a quest
any way, any one still here sound off
>>
>>1243894
Still here but we only have four guys, maybe. PvE might be a better format, I don't know.

Ready whenever.
>>
>>1243894
here
>>
we ain't playin'?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.