[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Island Roguelike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: dvh7gpj.jpg (906KB, 1600x2384px) Image search: [Google]
dvh7gpj.jpg
906KB, 1600x2384px
It's the island quest! Where you die quickly and often if you aren't careful or lucky. Roll2d10 with all actions. The first roll determines which action we do, the second is the success or failure levels. Above 5 success, below 5 failure. 3 failures in a row result in an instant death.
No second chances, No explanations lets get it.

Please select one choice from each of these columns and roll a d10, highest roll is the set we go with.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>1240983
>Archology Complex
>Ultratech Operative
>Dual Caster
>The General
>>
>>1241001
Please choose a faction as well. Second to last column
>>
>>1241021
But the rules at the top say we have to pick a Nemesis for each gift past the first two.
So do you want me to take a faction and ignore the rule to add a second nemesis? (In which case I'd go with the Island Keepers)
Or do you want me to add a faction and another nemesis as well?
>>
>>1241045
I won't add a second nemesis and we will form a pact with the chimeras.
>>
>>1241045
>>1241052
Why not the Island Keepers?
>>
>>1241063
Shit misread
>>
You open your eyes and look around the room you're in, dark metal grating works as a floor above the sound of cogs and gears clanking with each other. Gas lit wall mounted torches light the room.

You climb off the metal slab and hold your head, the pain is immense. You remember drinking at Jimmy's Dive Bar waiting for the boss before you felt sleepy and just passed out. Somebody must have drugged you.

"Hello!?" You yell

You hear nothing but the humming of machinery and small metal tinking. You make your way to a lighter metal door with an indent on the side, you grab it and it slides open silently and as you exit it closes behind you. You see pristine white paint on the wall in the shape of arrows one left one right, they read
<--- Armory, Viewing Deck, Aviation cage

Garage, Central Command, East stairs--->

>Free-Write

Rolld2d10

1st roll decides what we do
2nd for success
>>
>>1240983
>The hovel
>Tyrant Lizard
>Dual Caster
>Island Keepers
>Corrupting Flesh
>>
Rolled 6, 6 = 12 (2d10)

>>1241156
We need a roll for success just to walk from place A to place B?

Anyway, let's head left to the armory and viewing deck, whichever we come to first.
>>
You turn and start heading towards the armory after checking your rear waistband, whoever dumped you here took your piece. You meander down the hall and feel something a bit off, the ground has a small piece that shimmers slightly.

You stop and crouch down, a thin silver wire crosses the hallway, it leads to a small metal box on the wall. You step over and make mental note of it for later.

Following the hallway you see another metal sliding door with a sma sign reading 'Armory',
You step into the room and see empty shelves.

Dust coats the weapon racks and several drawers left open and sparse. In the corner you notice a dome shape with a cloth covering it, you walk over and remove the cloth to find a strange gun almost looking like a sawn off shotgun. A small plaque reads "Dual-Caster" you remove the dusty glass dome from the stand and hold the gun. You feel it vibrate to your touch and watch as two shells emerge from holes in the side, they have numbers carved onto the sides. 1 and 2

You notice something else on the gun, the logo of a gear with a rifle crossing over it. After wandering the room you spot a charging port and a small radio connected to it. You turn the dials and hear a crackling voice.

"Hello? Is anybody there sensors indicate a presence in the armory, this is Agent 43 callsign Veronica. Please respond."

>What do you do?
>>
>>1241192
>"Uh, hi, uhm, yes, hello, I'm here, uhm...where is here, exactly?"
>>
"Uh..hello..um Yeah I hear you..but uh, where exactly is here?" You say into the small microphone

"This is an UltraTech RnD facility that vanished recently. I followed the signals of the build bots and research drones but once I arrived here, all the drones were destroyed and their GPS chips wired to a satellite. I was told I'd be greeted by a contact with knowledge about what happened to the facility and how it got all the way out to this island, I'm assuming you're my contact. Callsign: Vincent?" She asks

You take a breath and scratch your head. You've never heard of UltraTech and apparently you're on an island? This chick is waiting for somebody and her voice sounds vaguely familiar. You press the button to activate your mic and reply....with what?

>Reply
>>
>>1241264
>I have no clue who Vincent is...or what my name is. Actually, do you have any medical training, I might have a concussion.
>>
"I..I have no idea who Vincent is or who I even am. I think I have a concussion, do you have any medical training?" You ask

"Hm..well if you aren't my contact then I have to wait here and it'll be nice to have company. Come find me in Central Command, the door code is 4334, I'll check out your head. Signing off."

You hear the radio click and the low sound of static start but in between the static you hear muffled voices, their words garbled by interference.

"He....there....justice for....find him and....him....anyone who....them too....day or two...."
This too fades and you back away from the radio and decide maybe it's a good idea to be ready for anything. You load the two shells in and pull a small lever on the back, you hear them click into place.

As you exit the armory you notice something down the hallway. A sort of Mechanical spider type of thing, a small flame comes from the tip of its almost claw like hands, it sots and welds a part of the wall that is peeled back slightly letting sunlight into the hallway.

The robot sits in the path to Central Command and has not noticed you.

>What do you do?

Roll2d10 with any replies.
>>
Rolled 4, 4 = 8 (2d10)

>>1241290
Sounds like we got to hear the voice of our nemesis for the first time.

Based on the description in the image, the drones are not supposed to be hostile.
Our character doesn't know that, but he's been told this facility belongs to a corporation and the drone we see in front of us is evidently doing maintenance, so it isn't very likely for it to be also a guard drone. Even if it was, the agent told us to join her so (unless she's testing us) we have reason to believe the drones will not threaten us.

I say we just try to slip past the metal spider without bothering it and continue towards Central Command.
>>
Rolled 2, 10 = 12 (2d10)

>>1241290

>Recruit the mecha spider.
>>
>>1241673
Would have worked too.
>>
Is this like Dwarf Fortress?
>>
>>1241673
>>1241685
Guess we can try it again later. Possibly with a higher ranking drone that may have other under its command.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.