[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colonial Rebellion 1 - Space is Where The Magic Happens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: Space.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Space.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
You've done it. After dozens and dozens of attempts, you've finally made your way onto a E-Class Population Shuttle. Your destination? Vega-282, a small planet on the edge of the system. It's been your dream to make it out to space, to create your own colony, and possible even take over a planet or two and fight back at the oppressive government that's been fighting against the rights of the world for eons. Their ethics of "The rich get richer, and the poor go and work in the Econic Mines for 3 more years." have always been keeping the people who truly deserve the right to control down.

So why wouldn't you take the opportunity to begin planning a massive rebellion? All it requires is to take control of a planet and to make alliances with other planets who share the same goal as you. Or take them over. Whichever works best for you.

You remind yourself of the mission at hand, however, and look out at the stars in front of you. You're currently flying the ship over to Vega-282 by hand. Of course the ship has auto-pilot, but you feel like taking control and flying it there yourself is the right thing to do to instill yourself as the leader of the colony you're supposed to establish. As you fly your ship through the black depths of space, you casually glance over at the monitor to your right, displaying the feed of a security camera, pointed directly at the common area where all of your fellow colonizers (And hopefully future subjects) are socializing. You decide to notify them of the current mission status, but how are you going to greet them? The first attempt of socializing with them is always the most important. It instills your comrades with information of how much they should trust, respect, or fear you. So what approach will you take?

>A cheerful greeting, gleeful voice included.
>A respectful greeting, dignified voice included.
>An oppressive greeting, evil laugh included.
>>
>>1240753
>>A cheerful greeting, gleeful voice included.
>>
>>1240753
>A respectful greeting, dignified voice included.
>>
>>1240760
>A cheerful greeting, gleeful voice included.

You glance over at the navigation screen and notice that you only have three or four more hours of travel until you arrive at Vega. You decide that the only way to notify the rest of your comrades in a happy manner.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to happily announce that we're only a short distance away from Vega-282!" You listen as the entire crew cheers happily, some of them opening the alcohol stores and sharing around different colored bottles. "I know, it's very exciting. Please, however don't drink all of the booze, I would like some as well. You've all done an excellent job in keeping the ship in a very good condition. I hope all of you continue doing an excellent job when we land and start colonizing."

Suddenly, you see someone shoving her way to the front of the group of people listening to your wonderful speech. You hear her call out "Hey, that's great and all, but who in the hell are you to act like the boss? I haven't heard the name of you in the month that we've been traveling. So what is it? I'm waiting..." You hear the crew chuckle, and some downright laughing, at her question. She wears a smug grin.

>So, what's your name, and what's your response to her?
>>
>>1240783
"The name is Ted Cruz and I am technically your boss"
>>
>>1240787
'You want to know what my name is? I've been called by my employee number since birth, but now that that's behind us, you can call me 'Zero'.'
>>
>>1240787

>"The name is Ted Cruz and I am technically your boss"

"Pffff, I don't have a boss. I'm.......I'm......" Her eyes widen in realization, and you suddenly have a large grin.

What she just realized was that you share the name of the infamous serial killer of the years of old, Ted Cruz, also known as The Zodiac Killer. Known for his unmatched speed, strength, and brutality. He ran for Planet Overlord centuries back, but lost due to being assassinated by one of his opponents in a duel.

She panics, then suddenly bows, shaking in absolute fear. "Y-yes! O-of course you're my boss, sir! My n-n-name is Data! Data Corgas, and I'm an expert in military strategy and planning!"

>Use your name to make your crew mates to follow you out of fear.
>Attempt to calm her down and possibly gain an ally.
>*Insert response here.*
>>
>>1240802
>Use your name to make your crew mates to follow you out of fear.

"It is better by far to be an object of fear than of respect, for one is a truth of the soul and the other an illusion of the mind."
>>
>>1240802
Gain an ally

'No need to be afraid, clean slates are what colonies are all about.'
>>
>>1240830

>Attempt to calm her down and possibly gain an ally.

"Data, there's no need to make this into such a massive situation. Just because I share the name of an infimus person, does not mean that I'm so difficult to work with, nor am I a blood thirsty killer. I just want my commands to be followed, and to be respected by the rest of you. Do I make myself clear?* You say, as you stare into the monitor screen.

She straightens up, clears her throat, and grins. "Crystal clear, sir. Crystal."

>"Now, what do you want me to do, Sir?" Data asks with extreme curiosity.
>>
>>1240840
'Would you mind doing a headcount? Sort the passengers into whatever categories you see fit.

To everyone else, extra food ration for a week to whoever brings me a bottle'o'booze.'
>>
>>1240841

>'Would you mind doing a headcount? Sort the passengers into whatever categories you see fit. To everyone else, extra food ration for a week to whoever brings me a bottle'o'booze.'

"Yes, sir! Someone get that man some drink!" Data begins to count out everyone in the room as you can see a small redhead get a large bottle out of the alcohol stores and run over to the nearest elevator as the rest of the crew begins to fight over who gets to bring you the best booze.

A few minutes later, you hear gentle knocking on the door and a meek voice saying "Um...Sir? I've gotten your drink, as you've asked!"

>Greet him politely.
>Greet him impolitely.
>>
>>1240863
>Greet him politely.
>>
>>1240865
>Greet him politely.

You open the door to see a scrawny boy in a uniform that seems to be a size or two too big for him, holding out a large bottle of De'koorian Vigor; Your favorite drink. You gently take the bottle out of his hands with one hand, and ruffle his hair with your other. "Good hussel kid. I like that. Come in here and tell me your name so I know who to make the food rations out to." You walk in and he follows dilligently, mumbling out his name.

"I'm sorry, you're going to have to speak up, kid." He looks up at you and slowly gains the courage to tell you his name and specialty.

"U-um, my name is Ekah Slate, and I'm the best technician this side of La Lun." He seems to be a little young to be a technician...

>"Alright, kid. Glad to have you aboard."
>"Hm...You seem young to be a technician...Care to prove yourself?"
>>
>>1240868
>>
>>1240870

"Um...." He shuffles over to the command console and taps a few buttons. "H-Hey! Don't touch that!" He looks over his shoulder and presses a button, opening a much more detailed view of the entire ship, including amount of fuel, food, water, and state of the hull down to the trillionth degree.

"...Okay, first of all, good work. Second of all, how the hell did you do that?" His eyes light up. "Oh, its simple! First you just push this button, then....." He proceeds to tell you how to activate the advanced ship view whenever you want.

(Gained ASV Version 1.582!)

>"Good shit. I like that about you."
>"So what? You're small and you can type stuff out on a keyboard. Hurray."
>>
>>1240884
>"quite impressive, Ekah Slate huh? I will make sure to remember that name. "
>>
>>1240891
>"quite impressive, Ekah Slate huh? I will make sure to remember that name. "

"Yessir! Ekah Slate, here to stay and serve." He salutes you and leaves the room.

You sit down in your chair and turn to look at the ASV. Taking a closer look, you notice that Ekah made the auto pilot systems better and more responsive to threats then it usually would be. He's a good kid, you feel. You turn it on and turn around and think to yourself. You've got a loyal crew now, and you've got what you believe to be two loyal subordanates in Ekah and Data. You look around and notice a small bed in the corner of the room.

>Go to sleep until you arrive at Vega.
>Call Data for a report.
>*Whatever you want.*
>>
>>1240895
>Call Data for a report.
>>
>>1240895
>Call Data for a report.
>>
>>1240895
>Call Data for a report.
>>
>Call Data for a report.

That's right, you need all the information you can get. You reach over and press a button on the console and speak into the nearby microphone.

"Data? Come up to my room, and be quick about it. And bring the results of that head count."

She shows up a few minutes later carrying a large file and a small tablet. You open the door for her and gesture her to tell you all of the details.

"Well sir, we have 25 Crew members on board, 10 men, 10 women, 5 children. 2 people, a man and a woman, are both ill and require medical attention, but our medical stores are running low. The ship is in perfect condition, and we don't have any major complaints from anyone."

>*Your Response?*
>>
>>1242180
Ensure the ill remain in bedrest until no longer ill.

Keep them hydrated and give them simple to digest food, if there are vita-supplements on board give them slightly more than normal.

Find out if anyone has any medical experience onboard, if not give the task to an old, but not too old, woman, especially if she's had a family of her own.
>>
>>1242250
Lets go with this.

Also ask about their skillsets.
>>
>>1242250
>Ensure the ill remain in bedrest until no longer ill. Keep them hydrated and give them simple to digest food, if there are vita-supplements on board give them slightly more than normal. Find out if anyone has any medical experience onboard, if not give the task to an old, but not too old, woman, especially if she's had a family of her own.
>>1242541
>Lets go with this. Also ask about their skillsets.

"Yes, sir." Data bows slightly then hands you the large file she brought with her. "This is all the information I could scrounge together about everyone onboard. I got most of it from different computers scattered around the ship and some of the crew members themselves. However, if you look at page 48F, you'll see something interesting."

The page she's refering to is the final page in the file, with an overall head count of everyone on board, their names, their specialties, and the amount of pages each of them had. Next to one name, however, there was no listed specialty or any pages about her.

"I see you've found the inconsistency. Her name is London, as you can read. She didn't give me a last name, she ran off as soon as I asked more about her, and none of the crew or onboard computers had any info about her. I'll leave you to figure out what to do." Data leaves you to your work and begins to use her comms device to ask questions and give orders.

>So what do you do about this mysterious London?
>>
>>1242720
>So what do you do about this mysterious London?
Hook her up to a brainwashing machine
Lacking such a device, get some of the more charming and friendly folks onboard to approach her.
>>
>>1242735
>Hook her up to a brainwashing machine.
You grin like an evil villain as you begin to put your plan together. Unfortunately, you remember, E-Class Population Shuttles don't get the luxury of having a Brainwashing Machine, as they're sent to planets with low intelligent life signs, so they don't have to take slaves.

>Lacking such a device, get some of the more charming and friendly folks onboard to approach her.
You press down the relay button and speak into the intercom, broadcasting out to the entire ship. "Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make. There seems to be a certain crewmate of ours that's refusing to be polite and informative. If you would do me a fantastic favor and bring her up to my quarters, that would be splendid. Her name is London, and if she is willing to come up on her own accord, no harm or bad events will befall he-" You get cut off as a massive explosion rocks the ship violently.

You look at the ASV and realize that one of your ship's main thrusters has been blown to fragments. You scan the ship for any previous signs of collapse or destabalization, but none show up. There seems to be a trator among you, and you're almost certain you know who it is.

Glancing back at the ASV, you see there's a small planet in the vicinity whose gravity is pulling you into it's orbit, slowly. You slowly look around the room, then give out the order....

>"Head to the escape pods and shoot towards that planet in the distance! EVACUATE!!!"
>"Get that thruster repaired and fast!"
>Order everyone to evacuate, then go on a London hunt."
>>
>>1242778
'Ekah, the *location* thruster has just received heavy damage. See if you can do anything about repairing that.

Data, I need you to organize evacuation preparations, assembling directly in front of the escape pods, ensure that NONE of the escape pods are launched until you have my go-ahead. Anyone who has gotten chummy with Ekah, please take care of his belongings until he returns to the group.'

pause for a moment to think.

'Data, once evacuation precautions have taken place, select a group of able bodies to search for London if she isn't already within the group and ready for evacuation. If she is / when you find her, bring her to me.'
>>
>>1243022
'Additionally, any passengers who stop any unauthorized escape pod launches, even by extreme force, will be rewarded. That is all.'
>>
>>1243022
>>1243036
Backing this.
Forgot to vote and was wondering why there was no update lol.
>>
>>1243022
>>1243036
>"Ekah, the west thruster has just received heavy damage. See if you can do anything about repairing that. Data, I need you to organize evacuation preparations, assembling directly in front of the escape pods, ensure that NONE of the escape pods are launched until you have my go-ahead. Anyone who has gotten chummy with Ekah, please take care of his belongings until he returns to the group. Data, once evacuation precautions have taken place, select a group of able bodies to search for London if she isn't already within the group and ready for evacuation. If she is / when you find her, bring her to me. Additionally, any passengers who stop any unauthorized escape pod launches, even by extreme force, will be rewarded. That is all."

You shut the intercom off and you closely watch the ASV as the thruster seems to be fragmenting into smaller and smaller pieces. The power of the blast seemed to be massive, as you can still see the shockwave as it travels away from the ship through space. You watch as fuel leaks from the broken transit pipes into the dark void. You suddenly get two coms messages and put them both on at the same time.

"Sir!" Data interjects loudly. "We've ascertained London and we're bringing her your way. It should be all over now."

"Cruz, there's two large issues to discuss." You hear Ekah say after Data finishes. "The first is that the West Thruster is completely fragmented and destroyed. I can see it from this terminal here, there's no possible way we can repair it without a Repair-Type Shuttle showing up to give us a hand, and we're too far away from the nearest sector to contact one. The second is that even if we somehow managed to get away with making the Thruster work, it would take too long and we would be trapped in the nearby planet's gravity due to not having enough fuel to escape it and get to Vega as well. We're trapped. Our only foreseeable option is to evacuate to the planet nearest to us and starting our colony there instead."

>It seems like you're doomed. What's your course of action?
>>
>>1243155
Take preliminary scans of the planet.
>>
>>1243257
>>1243255
Set up the autopilot to crash reasonably close (not so close we are caught in the fallout) to wherever we decide to send the escape pods.

'Begin loading up the Escape Pods, an equal number of people in each as possible. Split any tools you can find amongst the pods, try to have at least one able body per pod.

Once everything is loaded, if I have not yet given the go-ahead begin packing anythign and everything possible from the ships. Suits, Bedding/Clothes, Food and Water are the priority, then any sort of mechanical and electrical componentry.'
>>
>>1243467
We should try to land the shuttle intact, since all the food and waster is probably on board, unless we have enough pods to eject the supplies in.
>>
>>1243574
With the damage we have to the thruster and as a result our reentry barrier, I can't imagine we wouldn't burn up.
>>
>>1243574
Well, we could leave the shuttle to drift in orbit, or have auto pilot try to crash it into a body of water as gently as possible.

>>1243155
Next post when?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.