[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hexion Nation Builder #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: hexion world.png (630KB, 5076x4256px) Image search: [Google]
hexion world.png
630KB, 5076x4256px
In an amateurishly designed but comprehensively tesselating land, ten great nations struggle to survive the burden of their leadership.

Let's take a moment to examine each of them in turn.
>>
>>1238019
Drink bleach.
>>
The Northern Star Cabal
-----------------------------------

The Northern Star Cabal is a collection of mages, cultists, warlocks and wizards. And a few somewhat puzzled golems.

Hidden in a sheltered highland deep in the frozen north of the world, shielded from the eyes of mundane men, the Cabal practice their dark arts in secret. There are apparently women amongst them, but it is considered inappropriate to raise the subject. The Head Priest's stash of burdock wine is for _personal_ use only. I mean, what burdock wine? Moving on swiftly, it must also be mentioned that they, and they alone, have the power to delve into the truth of the ancient god Ats'chjuu. Focus on that.

Their national resources are:

>The powerful magic of the Void Cavern
>Understanding of the nature of god Ats'chjuu
>Burdock wine (other people's)
>>
>>1238043
No, this is Round 4.

Again, chug a bottle of bleach, nigger.
>>
File: skeleton kings domain.png (98KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton kings domain.png
98KB, 2000x2000px
The Skeleton King's Domain
-----------------------------------------

The Skeleton King rules over a hidden city within the forest, home to those in their re-life. Many skeletons dwell here, gathered from the towns and villages all around, who had left their graves and decided to go their bone way. Death mages have also journeyed to the city and become resident. They have decent relations with a community of fellow undead: the barrow wights, who have now migrated north.

National Resources:

>Timber
>Fur
>Death magic
>Spookiness
>>
>>1238068
I don't run this game for "people" like you.
>>
File: perieza.png (137KB, 2764x2000px) Image search: [Google]
perieza.png
137KB, 2764x2000px
Republic of Perieza
----------------------------

Perieza is a republic, a city state, a democracy and (probably) not for sale. They couldn't find a large enough price tag. The Periezans are a laidback people, with a great appreciation of art and beauty. Especially when there's free entry.

Recently Perieza has founded a colony in the west, by the shore of a great lake. It's been a couple of months and it hasn't yet rebelled or aligned itself opportunistically against Perieza, so its future is considered bright.

National resources:

>Sweet and fancy alcoholic beverages
>Ornate glassware
>Biscuits
>Culture

All for sale, just ask the guy at the docks in the blue jersey.
>>
>>1238085
Back to the cornfield, nigger. Don't make me use my whip.
>>
Rolled 2, 3 = 5 (2d10)

>Faction name: Zwerges Reich
>Faction fluff: "The Dwarven Empire" was originally the Dwarven Confederation, which was formed from several dozen minor dwarf principalities banding together under a common culture and language. During a war against cowardly frogmen across the sea, the victorious Dwarves elected an leader in the frogmen's hall of mirrors proclaiming their bravest and most intelligent prince as Dwarven Emperor establishing the first Dwarf Empire. Under the first Emperor, a stronger sense of a single dwarf state was made as the boundaries of the principalities melted away, although there is still a strong sense of nobility and aristocracy among the highborn dwarves. Dwarves are an industrious people yet capable of enjoying the rewards of hard work. They fight using a combination of dwarven ranged troopers, trenches, wires, heavy bombardment weapons, and fighting war machines on legs and treads.
+Forge Factory
+Steamtractors (Faulty)

Faulty steam tractors? UNACCEPTABLE! They are not a represenation of fine ZWERGES engineering.

Mr. Gaben, build us a Steam Workshop at once so we can upgrade and fix our tractors!
>>
The Republic of Montegro
-------------------------------------

Montegro is a "democracy" and, like all "democracries", is emphatic that it is. The New Dawn government took over (forcibly) the mess its predecessor left it and has set out to Make Montegro Great Again. Last round, typically nameless Montegran scouts discovered a silver mine.

>National resources

>Iron
>Sheep
>Jerseys
>Egg cosies
>"Democracy"
>Soft toys (but only to loving homes)
>>
>>1238107
I told you to drink bleach. Listen like an obedient nigger slave.
>>
The El Sol Commune
-------------------------------

The El Sol Commune is a pleasant, respectable, non-violent and utterly civilised nation. Of orcs. No, they don't eat raspberry jelly out of anybody's skulls. The most important thing to note about the rouge orcs of El Sol is just that.

National resources:

>Fruits, vegetables, health food
>Shipyard and dock
>Vibrant colour scheme
>>
Zwerges Reich
---------------------

Zwerges Reich is strong.
Zwerges Reich is pure.
Zerges Reich is glorious.

What more is there to say?

- short poem by Berun Redbeard

National resources:

>Factories
>Primitive steam tractors
>Iron tools and weapons
>Beer
>Dwarven two-pint iron tankards
>Hops
>More beer
>Urinals
>>
File: shimo.png (195KB, 2484x2056px) Image search: [Google]
shimo.png
195KB, 2484x2056px
Shimo Ninja
------------------

No, there's nothing here. Except my katana, but it only hurts nosy people. Except they have more plugs with them.

>National resources:

>Ninja techniques
>Stealth
>Dojos
>Kami
>Sake
>Headbands
>Sugar glass
>Anti-youkai plugs
>>
Space Magic Belca
-----------------------------

A thoroughly modern and rational republic based on Space Magic and a hair-based cult of personality. Reckoned by the Belcans to be the greatest state in the world. At least until the Periezans invade.

>National resources
-----------------------------

>Space Magic

That's all we need, stop the list here and let's get back to the observatory. The mermen know all of this already, anyway. DON'T YOU?
>>
The Created
------------------

The Created are a race of pottery golems and constructs who dwell in an ancient ruined city in the northern tundra. They are also a sentient and free-willed race worthy of respect as equals.

A voice from offstage: "No you're not!"

Oh yeah?! Take a dive in the cesspit, wanker!

The golems take good care to properly uphold the customs of the Ancients.

>National resources

>Scavenged items from the ruins
>Pottery (the non-sentient kind)
>Know how to have a good time (money lost in gambling isn't really money when you think about it, just economic potential. It's like another tax, foolish to try to evade.)
>>
"Hellensire"
-----------------

Highbrow. Elegant. Not vampires. They just have a bad problem with stray cats.

>National resources

>Coffee
>Jewellery
>Funny little metal puzzles that have to be unlocked but can never be put back together again
>Ignorance (remember, ignorance is bliss)
>>
Now let's begin Round 4.

I'll first get to any Round 4 turns made in the previous thread, then to any posted in this thread.

Please type "Round 4 turn" at the top of your post.
>>
>>1238256

Divert resources toward calming the floods around Miyako
>>
>>1238256
>>1238106
My Round :c
>>
>>1238297
Roll me 2d10.
>>
>>1238352
>>1238297
Actually, let's go back to the thrills of 1d20.
>>
Rolled 14, 7 = 21 (2d20)

>>1238358
Wait really? Can I reroll! >>1238106
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1238256
Heres my round four

I believe its time the city gets a new addition. In turn I want to create an Academy for the practitioners of death magic so they can grow their strengths in a professional environment instead of independently.
>>
>>1238378
Sure, but I only need 1d20 for it, not 2.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1238358

ORAAAAAAAA
>>
>>1238396
The death mages seem to spend much time huddlng over diagrams, toying with magic crystals, reading cursed tomes and so on. Then, after some time of this kind of activity, they tend to blow themselves up in a cloud of deep purple smoke and an accidentally summoned murder of ravens. There are now a lot of ravens in the city, and they keep trying to pick at your fleshless subjects. They'll even have a go at the death mages that look a bit pale, which is all of them.

Meanwhile, the Domain is stagnating. You don't even have a, a, a... a sheep. Or a dark, swirling portal that throws out little purple sparks. Civilised things like that. Though, it must be said, you do at least have a lot of ravens.

You personally oversee the institution of the Academie for Furtheryng the Study of the Magyc of Deathe, situated within the Heartbeat Quarter of the city where the mortals dwell. Mainly because you don't have anything better to do. You make sure to instruct a few mages to sit in the Lonely Ghost together, get a few bitters (on you) and mutter very loudly about all the extremely secret, hidden, arcane and heretical arts being practiced at the Academy. Within the first week, you had to extend the building. And replace the bits that blew up.

+ Advanced death magic
>>
>>1238297
>>1238451

Little work is achieved as the flood relief crews flounder in the murky water that fills the city streets. A few streets are drained of water and protected by sacks of mud. The residents hang their clothes, black headbands, and paper cranes out to dry as they try to return to normal life.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

Oh hey, we're back.

FINISH (OR IMPROVE) THE DAMNED SCHOOLS.

>>1238205
>republic
I thought we were a Kingdom. Now I have citizens making Monty Python references about how they didn't elect me.
>>
>>1238563
>Space Magic Belca
>Rolled 15 / 20

If at first you don't succeed, try the same thing again and again until it damn well works. That's your motto.

But this time, you try a slightly different tack and make failure to attend the new schools punishable by flogging in the town square of the whole offending family. You also take the opportunity to persecute the republicans. It's tough love. The scheme is successful, though rumours - completely baseless, of course - suggest that you are a sadomasochist.

You enlist a group of educated people to teach at the schools - for a reasonable value of the word "educated". Including some of the Montegran government-in-exile who have given up on passing imaginary laws over non-existent civilians, over a rat-and-parsnip hotpot in a loft above a pigeon oil salesman.

The benefits of the school will not be seen immediately, but you have planted the seed of the great glace cherry tree of national greatness and soon you will have but to reach up to pluck its sweet fruit. Mmmmmm, glace cherries... fresh off the branch...
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1238226
>>1238256
Round 4, Created

Hm... set aside some golem cores and begin gathering snow and ice from the surrounding tundra. We shall create scouting constructs that may blend with the surrounding snow when scouting.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>1238256
Turn Four:
Improve our harbours, clean up the docks and the shipyard, see if we can clear any space for more boats.
Also, as a passive action (I guess?) send spies into Perieza's colony. Even though they're good trade partners, we cannot allow their greed to spread. All that glitters causes suffering.
>>
>>1239131
>The Created
>Rolled 5 / 20

There is bad weather on the tundra: a mild blizzard means that your people cannot venture far from the city lest they lose their way and wander forevermore in a lonely white world. Thus the collection of snow and ice goes slowly, but eventually a stockpile is made in an area sheltered from the wind. But the smouldering golem cores, like fist-sized red-hot coals, are far too hot to be encased in it.

How would the Ancients have confronted his problem, you ask yourself.

The spider scouts still have yet to return.
>>
Rolled 2, 6 = 8 (2d10)

>>1238057
Sorry for the delay, had work. Also the Cabal has a trio of golems that has recently joined them.

>Build a more permanent settlement within the Void Cavern with the Golem's help.
>>
>>1239373
[Infiltration is an active and rolled action. Also, you are aware that you are large, rouge orcs? It may be hard for your spies to blend in...]

Over this month, you have great success with all your projects. You get the docks and shipyard squeaky clean, all ready for a the birth of a new world-girdling merchant fleet. You even expand the dock and make it larger by half again, and fix a number of small leaks and weaknesses in its timber structure.

Making preparations for your first interactions with the wider world as a free people, you begin to feel apprehensive. Distant Perieza in the south is said to be very wealthy, and could be the main market for El Sol's produce... but they also sound very powerful, and likely they have been seduced by the wiles of capitalism. Through convoluted means it has reached your ears that Perieza has founded a colony on the shore of what you know as the Merman's Lung. Other gossip has it that it will not be long before the mighty Space King of the west will march to capture the colony. Either way, it would be good for the Commune to have an spy or two there... well, let's call them proactive patriots. But how to disguise one of your kind in a human settlement. It doesn't seem feasible...
>>
>>1239595
Ah, I decided to go back to 1d20. Sorry for being so fickle. 1d10 wasn't really giving me the amount of variation I needed.
>>
>>1238122
Build silver mines as quickly and as efficiently as possible
>>
>>1238161
For round 5 I want to open trade relations with the zwerges reich
>>
>>1241111
Roll me 1d20 + 3

[+2 for experience iron mining, +1 for MASC]
>>
Rolled 12 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>1241222
>>
>>1238004
kek, I was waiting on the other thread for a response. Didn't know you guys moved. So, what idea did you have in mind for me?
>>
Note to everyone: I'm going to make a new thread. It seems like a lot of our players have been put off by the shitposting at the start of this one. It will be called "Hexion Nation Builder #2B" and I'll be copying over the turn answers I've already written up.

I'll also be answering Montegro's turn there.

>>1241830
I'm now thinking that your fluff was fine.

Only change I'd like to make are that the demons either: 1. appeared locally or 2. came from the east, off the map.

And that the demons have been more or less destroyed as a military power.

Your coordinate location is also totally fine.

You can start at the beginning of Round 5 and I'll add you to the map. You can make your Round 5 turn now, as long as you write "Round 5 turn" at the top of your post.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.