[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Birth of a Civilization V

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

Welcome back of BoaC
The show must go on :

After taking their well deserved rests, our tribes have come together in an assembly in front of the Chieftain's Longhouse, he has some announcements to make.
Our Chieftain declares that, to ensure the peace between our tribes, and to ease the tensions, he will consider adopting some Sunna customs into the Meno tribe, vice versa however, the Sunna will be bound to follow our new customs as well.
Some raise objections, but they are soon persuaded or convinced to see this law as a necessity.

Some Warriors figured, since they won't be using their spears for melee combat any time soon, thanks to the walls, they might as well help the Hunters.

The Hunters explain how to properly shoot an animal, telling them to always aim for their sides.
The warriors however, novices in the usage of Bows, either miss their targets or hit them in the head instead.
Surprisingly, those head-shots proved even more fatal than aiming for the guts. The Hunters are surprised to say the least, but soon pick up on this initial mistake as a new hunting practice, as Head-Meat is barely usable for us to begin with.
Some Warriors were trying to be cheeky and chugged their spears at the Animal instead.
The Hunters frowned upon this, but the others thought it was a good idea.
Weeks, Months and even an entire Harvesting season pass.
Our Warriors have adopted the practice using Spears for both melee and ranged combat, and Hunters are allowed to use their Bows during war-time ever since the introduction of the Head-shot technique.
Relations have been blossoming as of late, though the Chieftain feels something is wrong.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're new and interested in playing, here's how it works:
Everyone decides what our People will do next.
All decisions are made by democratic majority vote.
If multiple decisions are made, only those that do not conflict each other will happen.
Rolling 100 overrides a majority decision.
Multiple cases of rolling 100 will happen in order they were rolled.
Everyone may only roll once per pending decision.
Major historical events, may still occur if the point of Origin remains outside our nation's control. (e.g If we don't own Macedonia by 200BC, Alexander the Great happens, no matter what)
Major Historical events may still occur, if our Nation hosts similar conditions as the Nations we currently occupy, as they would have at the appropriate time.
(e.g If we own Rome after 700BC and our King [you] does some more than questionable decisions, we will become a Republic)
Tripfagging is strongly encouraged!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a decision last thread already, so I'm gonna type that shit first to start the thread of.
>>
The Chieftain cannot figure out for the life of him what feels off, but it feels like, something is coming soon, something so out of the ordinary that it might not even be real.
Whatever the case though, the Chieftain has more important things to worry about right now.
He asks around the village and sends out some scouts, and a couple of hunters, just to make sure that thing he feels isn't tribal tensions.
Surprisingly enough, it isn't. The people seem to enjoy their new lifestyle, there aren't any enemies in sight and no mythical beasts were found either, the Hunters did shoot some nice deer though.
The Chieftain goes back to sleep, this entire day was just a huge pain.
>>
>>1235343
Shit, stuff is getting spooky, do we have a shaman or elder we can consult? If so do ritula/offering/animal sacrifice for a sign telling the future.
> Divination is possible in ancient Poland right?

Uh, send diplomats to each of the surrounding tribes to just get any and all pre-existing trial relations so we can pick sides properly. Also to get a nice update on the size, strength and general progress of each tribe.

Physical for the tribe, go out with simple labor, low level builders and seasoned miners to go out to find some ore to get a stead supply of ore/stone.
>If we don't have a black Smith's or forage put that above mine.
>>
File: River Vistula.png (461KB, 666x996px) Image search: [Google]
River Vistula.png
461KB, 666x996px
>>1235507
We have practically 0 clues as to how to mine, let alone identify ore.
Divination is possible, but we don't practice it, if you want it you have to introduce it.
As for the tribes here's the map
The Reds have about 300 warriors.
The Browns got an estimated 500
The northern Teals have an estimated 400
The southern Teals have an estimated 300
The Yellows are too defensive to take measure
The Prussians (black) have too many to even guess
>>
>>1235603
Of course, estimates do not necessarily represent reality, as we've already seen the Browns fielding over 1000
>>
>>1235603
>>1235608
Okay, so we know the numbers, but what about quality of life for those people? Like the Russian and Chinese had massive numbers but can easily be killed in a long siege.
>Can we ask tribes about other tribe? Like Red or Blue must know something about each other or hopefully the yellow.

I mean, yeah give it a shot. Bring together the hugest religious figures from each religion and ask for ways to tell the future.

But how did we fine metal to make the weapons we have now?
>>
>>1235622
Blacksmith ex Machina
also raids.

Blue is dead, killed by Red, you're looking for Teal.

Also we have 2 religions already, asking others would be redundant.
>>
>>1235638
Well the question still stands, what's life like for each tribe.

I ment the two within our tribe. See what each religious of the Greens and Purples think, then make a fission based on that.

So our black smith can find ore?
>>
>>1235669
Yes he can, and he finds it randomly, because we don't have mines.
>>
>>1235669
The Purples worship the sun. The Greens worship the moon and think the sun is the devil. Try and fuse that.

>>1235343
>Try to find clay. Learn to use clay-covered wicker as a building material to save on wood.
The additional benefit is you can make boats like that
>>
>>1235507
I agree, maybe an offering of grain burned to the sun, and blood of an animal poured over the reflection of the moon in the water to appease our two gods?
>>1235343
I think before we send contacts to other tribes, we should bring things to gift them, things we can trade with them later. We seem to be good at getting skins, so we should work on our peoples tanning and skinning abilities.
>>
Maybe we can see the sun as some sort if trickster god, bringing pain and heat but also allowing plants to grow
>>
bumping for the night
>>
>>1237719
is this religion/culture thing really a problem?
>>
Not sure how this works, er.... Do we know how to farm? Do that.
>>
>>1237965
in my judgement we're alreday doing this
>>
Improve our pottery, it's the first step into brickworking.
>>
>>1237840
Yes, unless you want to be 2 separate peoples for all eternity.
>>
>>1240073
Aye Op, just curious but did we ever figure out irrigation along with our agricultur? Cuz we could really use that to increase crop production I bet.
>>
>>1240105
No we didn't, because this is late bronze-age Germania meaning we have large, peaceful and predictable rivers, that require no irrigation whatsoever, we have literally 0 incentive to invent it.
>>
>>1240338
huh, also when is next session at?
On another note: Would researching Astrology or Masonry be the next best thing because of stonehenge and the like or at least a monument wonder thing that works something like that?

Yes I am using the civ VI tech tree for ideas on what to do , don't judge me!
>>
>>1240427
I second this dea for new construction step being stine masonry. We just need hard stone tools to get stone.
>Rock beats rock
>Am I right or right

Then I also throw another vote with this.
>>1239429
Bricks are nice
>>
>>1240427
1. Session?
2. Maybe
3. I do judge you, primarily because Civ games represent technology as though it were a literal straight line, when in fact a shitton of tech was by chance and came for some civilizations waaaay fucking early (or late) as a result.
Like, we're talking Factories in 200 AD and ancient Analog Computers.
>>
>>1240526
Session as in when you're on and continuing the game and we make our choices and the like.

I get that, innovation and all that stuff, but it works as a good starting point if nothing else.
>>
>>1240537
well normally I'm here around
5-7am and 4-8pm gmt+1
>>
>>1235343
On the topic of religion, I think we need to target the young generation of Purples. Hopefully they don't think the moon is the devil.

>Invent a moon worshipping ritual or festival targeted specifically at children. Make participation in it fun for kids.
>>
>>1240589
We already convinced the next generation that Sun and Moon are in fact the same deity, it's the current generation that's the problem.
>>
>>1240602
The current generation is all women, right? Marry them off to Greens and let their husbands monitor their piety.
>>
>>1240602
we will make a religious office of high priest couple: There will be a male one and a female one, and they'd have very high social standing (and very little actual say), and they will officiate feasts and be a general boon to morale.

And We say, we're looking for women that are poious and favoured by the Sky deity, and make a lottery-like holy choice, like all those who try out are sprayed with drops of water, and the dry one is favoured or whatever.

It will be a unique possibility to up one's social status, and it will tempt the purples into giving up their pretenses in order to have the possibility to be consiered more highly in the tribe.

Only one (and maybe not even of them) of the women will get it, but they all will make oral assurances of their piety to have at least a shot at it.
>>
>>1240677
This could be a good idea
>>
>>1240677
Do it.
>>
so how's that consensus coming along? cause we got 2 popular decisions.
>>
>>1241164
I vote for >>1240677
>>
Wait... we do Polish quest?
>>
>>1240677
Second
>>
>>1240677
This
When the older generation dies and the newer one rises up we can add something about the two preist representing the two faces of our god
>>
>>1241354
Germania has always included Poland and the Baltic
don't confuse Germania with Germany
>>
Anyone still here?
>>
>>1244776
Here, just wondering when OP gonna do something
>>
>>1244776
Same as the other guy
>>
>>1242518
>Germania
>Poland
>Baltic
Don't confuse Germania with non-Germania
>>
File: Germanic_Groups_ca._0CE.jpg (98KB, 770x611px) Image search: [Google]
Germanic_Groups_ca._0CE.jpg
98KB, 770x611px
>>1246873
>>
I want to domesticate wolves and birds (chicken-a-like)
and for our religious/culture imbroglio... time will solve it
>>
>>1247391
I'm pretty sure wolves have been domesticated since paleolite.
>>
>>1247472
we still don't have any... Or?
I know bout caws and sheeps/goats... we need sth like an alarm or sth
>>
If we have one goal after we survive the possible assault, it should be developing our settlement into a gigantic fortress and ramping up technology
Were probably going to be raided consistently, by the browns,reds, and prussians
>>
Sorry lads I had some busy days, and since you didn't reach a consensus while I was gone, I just assume you made both decisions, since they have the same amount of votes.
>>
Some things are easier to store and preserve than others, for that purpose, people have begun to bury them in the ground, but that didn't do much, it was mere make-belief.
However, we found a strange grey earth that was sticky and thick, our tribes used that for the burying strategy as well and lo and behold, it did something, sort of.
It's not exactly useful, but it's better than what we did previously.
Meanwhile the Chieftain as the closest thing to a shaman we have, marries off a young couple.
These lovers represent our future, as the Woman is a Purple, and the Man is a Green.
Over the coming years, we will see a lot more couples like these, but this one is special, or at least so the Chieftain thinks.
To make them special, the Chief declares them to be Skewjo-Kilthizo - the Children of the Sky - to represent Sun and Moon equally in them.

The Skewjo couple is granted the right to hold feasts in honor of our Deities and the ability to elect a new Skewjo couple upon their death.
>>
>>1249375
How do we till the earth? If we aren't using oxen to poll the plough, let's invent that.
>>
>>1249673
And sacrifice the like...3 bulls we have?
>>
>>1250610
Oh wow. Only 3 bulls?
We need to breed more ASAP
>>
>>1250627
What are you gonna feed the cattle with? we only have so much land, it's barely enough for the 20 cows we have
>>
>>1250730
Can you repost the map?
Diplomatic missions to the Prussians, teal and yellow tribes.
Mostly to try to set up some kind of trade or to find out land boundaries so we can expand.

Send out the black smith with some workers to find more ore.
>try to teach more people to find ore
>>
>>1251074
the Blacksmith has apprentice girls that are married to the Chief's sons.
It's a new tradition we introduced a couple threads ago.

Also for some retarded reason /qst/ won't let me post same pic twice in same thread
so here's comment with map >>1235603
>>
>>1251096
No not black smithing and working metal just finding the raw material and bringing it back.
>>
>>1251096
we do have a wall right?
I think we should dig a ditch additionally
>>
>>1251211
we got a trench with spikes in front of the wall
>>
Guys i think we found clay

We should probably have pur blacksmiths learn all the properties because this is actually important
>>
>>1251467
Eh, not our black smith but someone. Maybe a artisan or craftsmen.
>>
is this thread dead?
>>
>>1259595
I am still here on occasion.
>>1249375
I vote we skip some time (perhaps a generation pending major events) and during this time work on growing the size of our village by encouraging more Green/Purple couples. We should also experiment on using the sticky/thick grey earth on ways to store our food during these times.

I think we now have good traditions in place to do a timeskip (Warriors/Hunters use ranged weapons, Green/Purple next generation should not have as many god problems, and we should have a few more smiths to further our skills in the next generation).
>>
>>1260487
Waitwaitwait, we don't even know pottery?
Dammit, this really is nightmare mode.
>>
>>1260539
Were an early bronze era germanic tribe

What do you expect
>>
>>1260703
Pottery was known in the damn Stone Age. Practically everywere.

How do we even process and cook our grain without pottery?
>>
>>1262982
That's really damn easy.
You take two rocks and grind the grain in between them
What you do next, is put the ingredients together, which requires no container whatsoever , and then you put that proto-bread dough, onto get this....another rock, preferably on a stick, then you light a fire, using yet more rocks, and let that dough cook on the rock, in the fire.
>>
>>1263205
Alright I'm gonna sum up our actions.
>Important:I'd also like to skip forward a bit just to the next big event or something. Maybe 3-4 years?
Put effort into learning more uses for the sticky grey stuff.
Encourage relationships and child rearing for more people.
Expand our general territory so we can have more animal grazing.
Send a envoy to the Prussian, yellow and teal to open up som trade.

Any other suggestions tag this post.
>>
>>1263565
this is good, just also keep focusing on defenses and tech, like building up on our defenses and trying different designs to our weapons and armor to improve upon them. Other than that, yeah let's time skip.
>>
>>1263565
This
If OP is still around, can you make a new thread?
I fucking hate how our timezones conflict
>>
>>1265314
>>1263879
>>1263565

New thread is up >>1265391
since there was no decision here, the debate is open again there
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.