[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ Quest!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: 1462153493036.jpg (962KB, 1841x3681px) Image search: [Google]
1462153493036.jpg
962KB, 1841x3681px
Hello /qst/, it's been a while! Anything important change?

Either way, time for a good old fashioned Civilization Quest! Follow the rules on the image to determine where we are and what we are. After that, we'll do it like this, with each idea being voted for, followed by a roll to determine how it goes.

Forgive me if anything seems clunky, I'm still rusty.
>>
>>1235185
>Faun
>Jungle
>>
>>1235185
>homunculus
>city ruins
>>
I would request a more vanilla race, if you would, but I will still follow the majority.
>>
>>1235377
I'll change to humans.
>>
>>1235487
Noted, thanks kindly.
>>
>>1235397
i change to humans to.
>>
If there are no more votes, I suggest a roll from you, QM.
>>
>>1235661
I want to get more then two players, to be honest.
>>
>>1235664
sorry but i think we are all you'r getting.
>>
Alright fine. Roll to determine which place these humans settle. Highest wins.
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>1235743
I'm assuming it's 1d100
>>
>>1235759
I really should have clarified. I'm rusty.

Meant d20, but for consistency we'll go with d100.
>>
You posted at the worst time.
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>1235743
>>
>>1235856
You can roll too for where you think they should be. Either one of theirs or your own.
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

Rollan for tundra.
>>
>>1235759
>>1235859
>>1235996
City ruins it is. Alright, time to begin generating something.
>>
Long ago... the city of Vieda flourished. A center of trade, culture, and politics, with mighty bastions and soldiers defending it. It's greatest hour was a legendary siege laid against it by a legion of Hobgoblins, broken by the greatest cavalry charge in history. Truly glorious. In it's last days, Vieda was known as 'the city of music', and several styles of music originated from it. Set against an old mountain range, this city used to hold an aura of impregnability.

However, all of that changed one fateful, mysterious day. Nobody knows what happened... merely that in a single day every last being within the city walls vanished. Young, old, male, female, soldier, politician, merchant, artist... all gone, with nary a trace of what happened to them. The only clue was a mysterious messenger that came to the nearby city of Sankt. This messenger's 'message' was as unnerving as it was cryptic and unhelpful... a children's folk rhyme. (since fallen out of use due to it's association with this event) Nobody knows what happened, and people avoided it... centuries passed, and the empty city decayed, falling into ruin...
>>
The messenger promptly fell over, dead of unknown causes after delivering his message. Later research into it only delivered the vague possibility that a contemporary cult of which little is known, the 'Dream Twisters', may have been involved. And this was sufficient, for a long time.

However, this is about to change. A surplus of population has made the city's former owners, the Ausnian Empire, interested in resettling it... Thorough scouting of the city has turned up no evidence that whatever mysterious event happened has left traces.

An expedition has been launched, led by Lord-Captain Karus Darnish, to reclaim the city of Ausnia. Totaling one thousand souls overall, with soldiers, craftsmen, farmers, and other assorted folk, everything thought needed to restore this once vibrant city has been sent along with you. Until the now-fallow farms outside of the city have been recultivated, you will receive regular shipments of food.

The journey to Vieda was relatively short and well-ordered, considering one thousand people were making it. The roads have been kept in good condition.

Your first order of business is... where to start? Where should you begin building and living in? Should you begin at the southern or western gates, the barracks, one of the old guildhalls, perhaps, or the crumbled town hall?
>>
And jesus it's late, I'll be back after I wake.
>>
>>1236513
Building a wall
>>
>>1236513
building a temporary wall all over the city, then the barracks
>>
>>1236513
fix the barracks
>>
>>1237122
>>1237286
Alright anons, I have returned.

The city is already walled, but has fallen into ruin.
>>
>>1237308
>then the barracks
>>
>>1237122
>>1237316
Confirmed.
>>
You decide to set up shop in the main barracks. Once repaired, it should be an easily defensible strongpoint, should the worst happen. Knowing where it is, your group heads in it's direction, located int he southeastern part of the city.

Entering the city... is strange. Few hints of life are apparent among the ruined stone of the city, with complete silence, save for your footsteps, reigning... it's eerie.

Nonetheless, your group arrives at the barracks in good time, and begins work on repairing it. Do you attempt to do anything else as you work on this?

Do you work on just the barracks?

Do you work on general repair and reclaiming?

Do you work on restoring monuments?

Do you work on the walls?

Or do you do something else?
>>
>>1237353
>work on the walls
>>
>>1237366
This
>>
>>1237353
>work on the walls
>>
>>1237366
>>1237390
>>1237425
Consensus achieved. Roll 1d100. First roll gets it.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>1237479
>>
>>1237568
Poor luck.
>>
The first week of resettling... does not go well.

Deciding to split their manpower, and desiring more security, it is decided that the barracks and walls need repair, at once. Easier said then done. Roughly a dozen accidents plague your efforts, with several fatalities occurring... None of them, on their own, would be suspicious, but... in this city...

You are down seventeen laborers and two masons, and no practical progress has been made this week.

What will you decide to do next, Lord Darnish?
>>
>>1237598
>work on the walls again
>>
>>1237598
sure, work on the walls
>>
>>1237598
work on general repair and reclaiming
>>
>>1237908
>>1237919
You win the consensus, roll.

>>1238000
Get out.
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>1238167
dice is d100?
>>
>>1238202
Yes, and jesus, this isn't going well.
>>
You decide to stay the course, attempting to continue as you were, hopefully with more success... in that, you 'succeed'... technically. There's less deaths this time, only one, and you even make a little bit of progress in shoring up the wall this week!

Nonetheless, people are starting to get dispirited, and the courage that led them here is wavering...

What will you do? Will you continue building, and/or try to up the people's morale?
>>
>>1238221
>try to up the people's morale
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>1238221
>>1238223
>>
>>1238342
holy shit
>>
>>1238223
>>1238342
>>1238366
I'm waiting for more people to comment in before requiring a roll. Consider it a mercy.
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>1238221
>>
>>1238628
And what are you rolling for?
>>
>>1238628
>try to up the people's morale
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.