[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gunslinger Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

File: 1871wCase.jpg (60KB, 799x513px) Image search: [Google]
1871wCase.jpg
60KB, 799x513px
You sit in the hard leather seat and bounce your legs anxiously as you stare at the heavy wooden doors. The dark wooden floor is scuffed and coated in a fine layer of the light brown dirt from outside, you were selected to join the Gunslingers. You are eighteen, just finished your right of passage as a man and journeyed to the city of Mallican to celebrate your birthday while your job was selected. After returning from drinking and whoring through the great city of sins you found you had been selected not as a blacksmith or guard but as a Gunslinger. Little is known of the Gunslingers, the weapons they use antique from a time long long ago. Thought to be great sorcerers but in actuality their weapons were the source of the mighty booms and sudden deaths at a range.
In all honesty just like everyone esle, you're terrified of the gunslingers. Legendary agility and a world of mystery surrounding them, you can only imagine what will happen to you next.

Suddenly you hear a crack and slow creak as the door opens. A tall figure in a sharp suit and bowlers cap stands in the door way, dim light outlining his figure.
>>
How do you react?
>Stand and Bow
>Try to sit as casually as possible.
>Stare him down
>Stay seated, avoid eye contact
>"Hello sir."
>"Is it time for me to go in?"
>Other
>>
>>1226068
Stand at attention and salute, in a casual manner if possible.
>>
>>1226068
>Stand and Bow
>>
You look to the figure, watching for its next action
>>
Need a fresh vote to break tie or I'll roll for it.
>>
>>1226068
>Stand and Bow
>>
You slowly stand and bow to the figure.

"Master gunslinger, hello." You say meekly

He steps to you and beckons you to raise.

"Alright enough of that. I'm gunslinger Kai, I've been assigned to be your mentor. I'm not one for wasting time so blah blah welcome to the Sulfur Palace blah blah home of the mystical gunslingers. Follow me to the range." He beckons you to follow him
You notice now he has a small well trimmed moustache and longish unruly hair that shines a dirty blond.

You follow him into the dim hall he emrged from, it takes time for your eyes to adjust and eventually after passing many doors you turn into the one with a large five on it. You step in and see it is a very long hall with waist high walls separated by thin boards. On the opposite wall lies a long table with a variety of the Gunslingers signature weapons, pistols.

Pistols are antiquated, and anyone with knowledge how to repair or even how guns work outside of Gunslinger scholars is very rare. People prefer blades and bows and maybe the occasional crossbow if they can afford it. Any pistols not wielded by Gunslingers tend to be rusted and on the verge of jamming constantly.

"Go on, grab any of those that suit your fancy. Take a couple shots at the targets." Master Kai says pulling a freshly rolled cigarette from his silk vest.

Take the:
>Silver Revolver
>Slim Brass Revolver
>Bulky Black Revolver
>The bolt action pistol
>The long thin revolver
>>
>>1226158
>Slim Brass Revolver
>>
>>1226158
>Slim Brass Revolver
>>
>>1226158
>Slim brass revolver
>>
>>1226158
Bulky black revolver.
>>
>>1226158
>>The long thin revolver
>>
>>1226158
>Bulky Black Revolver
>>
File: FirstPistol.jpg (67KB, 799x418px) Image search: [Google]
FirstPistol.jpg
67KB, 799x418px
You pick up the light brown butt of the gun and feel the weight of the gun, it's lighter than you thought it would be. You turn the gun in your hands and peer down the barrel before a sharp slap to your hands causes you to drop it. You wait for the clatter as you nurse your hand but look and see Master Kai holding the gun looking annoyed.

"Never, ever point a gun at yourself or someone else, unless you want to get to know this well." He says as he brandishes a small black leather flap.

You rub your hand and take the gun back being careful now to avoid pointing it at yourself or Kai. Eventually you hear an exaggerated sigh

"Are you going to shoot that thing or what?" He says, blowing smoke towards the stone ceiling

You step up to the waist high tables and see pieces of hardened wax with cotton coming from the narrow ends. You watch Kai insert a pair and you follow suit before beginning to investigate how to open the gun.

"Christ you are green. They usually send people with some degree of skill, you're clean. Watch close." He says as he walks you through the motions of loading and handling your gun.

You notice the casings to the shells are also a shiny brass as Kai loads them in. You take the gun back and point it down range at the three targets.

>Shoot at 10yds
>Shoot at 25yds
>Shoot at 50yds
>Shoot at 100yds

Roll me 1d100 with your choice.

Have to work, will be back to update on my break.
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>1226274
>Shoot at 100yds
Go big or go home
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>1226274
>Shoot at 50yds
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>1226274
>>Shoot at 100yds
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>1226279
I like the way you think.
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>1226274
>>Shoot at 100yds
>>
File: 109834_ts.jpg (56KB, 1154x1154px) Image search: [Google]
109834_ts.jpg
56KB, 1154x1154px
You squeeze the trigger after aiming at the farthest target there is. The wall.

The wall displaying the different types of targets available, you aim for the one with 3 sets of metal rings. An explosion, the feeling of Thunder in your hands and as the small cloud of light grey smoke singes your nostrils you hear a small, ting. And watch the center metal plate about the size of a dinner plate go spinning with a hole in its left side.

Kai removed the cigarette and looks at you eyebrow raised
"You miss or was that intention?"

You grit your teeth and aim again taking a second shot with the same result only this time to the right.
(SKILL GAIN- Sniper - The DC on long range shots is reduced)

"Alright, looks like I was mistaken you've got natural skill I see. Long range fire will do you well in the field, but how do you handle being surprised?" As he says this he whips out his gun and shoots a small metal lever on the ceiling. Three targets the size and shape of basketballs drop from halfway down the range and begin rocketing towards you. You only have a few seconds before they reach you so you turn around firing.

>Roll 3d20
I'll take the three best numbers from the first three replies
>>
Rolled 7, 8, 12 = 27 (3d20)

>>1229127
>>
Rolled 8, 5, 8 = 21 (3d20)

>>1229127
>>
Rolled 10, 19, 10 = 39 (3d20)

>>1229127
>>
>>1229195
Fuckk, nice one dude. Must be ka.
>>
You spin to the side raising your sidearm. Your thoughts are cast aside as you pull the trigger, an explosion the left orb has its too blown off and it crashed to the floor, another pull another explosion. The right orb has it's side blown off and spins out of control.

The shock of recoil now no longer new to you, you manage to steady your hand and send the final shot through the center of the middle orb and it explodes into a shower of small glass crystals. Your hand trembles as the adrenaline still pumps into your blood. Kai give a small clap and motions for you to follow him once more.

As you walk down the same hallway now towards the entrance, Kai removes the bowlers hat and lets it float to the floor.

"They make us wear this shit whenever we meet new recruits, I dont know if the council is trying to make us refined or what but the King doesn't give a damn how we dress only that we are damned good at our jobs. So I know there is a lot of talk about the guild out in the 'once was' what people are saying is usually bullshit, you want clarification or do you not give a damn?" He asks as he snubs his cigarette in the wall and drops the butt to the dusty floor.

>I'd like to know more about the Gunslingers (Lore)
>I think I know enough already. (Skip to the game)
>You dont need to tell me the history but...I have a few questions. (write in)
>>
>>1229520
>I think I know enough already. (Skip to the game)
>>
>>1229520
>>
>>1229856

been a while since i read the books
>>
"We are guided by Ka. The force that guides all life, we exist to keep this world from moving on. We used to run around with sword and shield but eventually, we found these beautiful creations." He pulls his own revolver amd shows you, the image of an eagle is carved into the polished steel of his revolver and you see hebhas a second gun on his right hip as well.

"Usually we train Gunslingers from the age of six, but we decided to try a new approach. Train those older and with signs of a gift and see if they can make it. You'll be part of a Ka-Tel. A group of 10 apprentices. At the end of your training you'll be facing off against me in single combat, and if you manage to win then you get the right to carry your own guns. Training will take around 5 years, now I'm taking you to your bunks where you can meet others of the Ka-Tel." He says this all stiffly as if drilled into his head.

He opens another dark oaken door and you step in, all the other Apprentices sit in their beds looking at their own guns and being looked at by their own Masters.

>Descriptions of all 10
>Descriptions of anyone who stands out to you
>Skip descriptions
>>
>>1230163
>>
>>1230163
>descriptions of anyone who stands out to you
>>
>>1230163
>>
At work guys off in 2 hours. Sorry.
>>
File: 220px-Ka_symbol.svg.png (7KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Ka_symbol.svg.png
7KB, 220x220px
A pale girl with short black hair sits cross-legged on her bed, the label on it reading 'Rosemary' her gun is a bulky black revolver with a bright white pearl imbedded in the dark oak butt of the gun.

A boy named Omar sits with a single polished silver revolver with a light sandlewood butt. He is in an intense talk with his master.

One boy seems to be struggling to load his gun, the bullets clattering as he fumbles them to the floor, he has a small blonde ponytail. His name is Lenov.

A very young looking man with long white hair is practicing spinning a revolver on his finger before his master slaps his head and he shamefully holsters the weapon.
His name is Rivieras

The last boy to catch your eye is a large built one with a mohawk shaved into his head. He holds a massive dull iron revolver with red lines encircling the butt.
His name is Luke.

A man walks into the room and every master including Kai, straighten up and look him in the eyes with a nod as he passes them. Once on the opposite wall he clears his throat and begins to speak.

"Masters and Ka-Tel class 417, these next few years are very important. You've all been selected because you exhibited some trait or another that is needed in a Gunslinger and something not everyone is born with. Over the next 5 years your training will determime by what method we use to train the majority of Gunslingers, train hard and remember the name of your father. Ka will guide you and your Ka-Me will guide you. Good luck." He finishes and promptly marches to exit the room. You cant help but notice he carries no weapons.

Kai looks to you and breathes a sigh of relief.
"Any questions?"

>Yes sir. (What question?)
>No Sir
>>
>>1231751
>No Sir
>>
>>1231770
No Sir
>>
"No sir" you offer simply

Kai frowns but nods and unclips a second holster from his hip and hands it to you. You some the sawdust and oils used to soften the leather. You click the black metal fastener and holster your pistol after gently setting the hammer back to a resting position.

Kai sighs and pulls out another cigarette from the inside of his vest. He pats your shoulder.

"Go make some fucking friends or sleep or something. Group training is in a few hours. Under the chest by your bed there should be a cleaning kit and bullets. Clean up and load up. The bed is the one with your name on it obviously, change into the clothes we provided for you and break in those new boots." He points to your bed and you see your name on the end of it: Maxwell Eastwick

Kai lights up and walks away leaving a trail of smoke behind him. You watch as the other masters say their farewells and leave also, after a moment you are all alone in the room.

>Talk to someone (who)
>Show me someone new (notice a new recruit)
>Get some sleep
>Examine my chest
>Other
>>
>>1232091
>Examine my chest
>>
>>1232091
>>Examine Rosemary's chest
>>
>>1232160
Seconding
>>
>>1232160
i see what you did there
>>
You open your chest as you pretend to look through your clothes you take a good look at Rosemary's chest. Before you can really ascertain the size of them or really appreciate them you feel a shove that sends you to your side.

A tall young man with scruffy stubble and slicked back brown hair looks at you and speaks.

"You're parents never teach you any fuckin manners to not look a lass in the tits?" He says

Rosemary and the others have noticed the shove but not what he said to you how do you respond?

>Accuse him of being the one to stare at Rosemary
>Stand up and shove him back
>Pretend to be a whelp and beg him not to hit you
>Pull your gun on him
>Other
>>
>Pull your gun on him
We escalating up in here
>>
>>1232216
sneakily pull your gun and press it against his family jewels
>>
>>1232223
Give me 1d20
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1232248
>>
>>1232260
oh my...
someone save me :^)
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>
File: meinneger.jpg (14KB, 289x292px) Image search: [Google]
meinneger.jpg
14KB, 289x292px
>>1232271
>>
As you push your self back up to your knees you put your hand outwards and keep repeating "Calm down lets just calm down. Things are getting a little nuts." As you say this you press the barrel inbetween his legs and the light click of the hammer drains his face of color besides the small red splotches on his cheeks from the fury.

You look him in the eyes, you've got him now. What do you do?

>Fire
>Sack tap
>Force him to take the blame for staring at Rosemary
>Reholster your gun
>Other
>>
>>1232286
>sack tap
>>
>>1232286
>>1232286
>>Sack tap
>>Other
"M'lady."
Then tip his fedora.
>>
>Sack Tap
>>
File: dangergeniusatwork.jpg (39KB, 610x393px) Image search: [Google]
dangergeniusatwork.jpg
39KB, 610x393px
>>1232295
>>
With a flick of your wrist you whack his sack. The barrel finding one of his lone testes and sending him to his knees groaning in pain. You holster your revolver as you stand and you feel a pair of strong arms restrain you. You twost your neck and a large man with coffee skin holds your arms behind you back.

"What in God's name are you two boys doing? There is no fighting between students here unless an excercise or official duel and I'm sure you are not wanting that." He says in a thick accent

As the white knight is helped to his knees by who you assume is his master Kai comes into the room. He looks at you and the boy in the ground and suppresses a grin.

"Jesus kid they told us you had some violence issues but christ it's day one I'm sure you aren't looking to duel already." He says

The other master walks to Kai giving him a light push so he turns around. You see Kai's hand immediately rest on the pistol in his holster.

"You. Your student did this, I demand you discipline him." He yells with veins bukging from his neck

Kai looks moderately irritated and looks to you.
"Look, either apologize or duel the kid. It's your first day and you havent even practiced with that thing yet so I would recommend and apology so we can move on." He pulls you from the arms of the coffe colored master and whispers

"You dont have to mean it. I don't give a damn." And turns to the Master and his Young Knightly companion still cradling his groin

"Well." Says the master tapping a foot

"Have anything to say?"

>I'm sorry
>I challenge you to a duel
>Fuck you
>Other
>>
We're going nuclear boys
>>
File: Yu-gi-oh-duel-disc-launcher.jpg (19KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
Yu-gi-oh-duel-disc-launcher.jpg
19KB, 250x300px
>>
>>1232342
Only one alpha here cunts
>>
"I challenge you to a duel." You say crossing your arms.

You watch as everyones expression drops and Kai's cigarette falls from his mouth.

"Look kid. You dont know what you're asking for. Really you don't want to do this." He starts

"No. No. He wants this, then he will get it. A duel to the death. Let me ask you brazen one, would you like it in the traditional sense or would you like the duel to resemble the final exam?" Asks the other master pushing Kai away

>Traditional
>Final Exam
>>
>>1232375
>Traditional
Seems more advantageous for us
>>
>>1232380
Ye
>>
>>1232375
>Traditional
>>
>>1232375
>Traditional
Ramirez as my second if he accepts
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

"I want a traditional duel, can I bring a second?" You ask

"No."

"Oh."

The master walks to his trainee and speaks to him in whispers. The boy nods and draws his pistol and starts heading outside.

"We will do this now since you seem so eager." Hos master says

Kai takes you by the shoulders and looks at you stome faced

"You're fucking killing me kid. Jesus okay here's how it'll work you both get your gun with one bullet and you each get a shot to hit the other. Each round ends when the bullet from both guns are fired, first round is a straight 100 yard face off. The second round if you aren't dead is a free roam through our obstacle course and the final round if you both make it that far is a quick draw from 10 paces. Real old school." He sighs and wipes his face as he looks at you again.

"Don't fucking look at me like that. You did this. Let's get out there." He stands and drags you by your hand into the courtyard.

You step onto the red marker placed by Kai and the other boy stands far across from you.

"You both know the rules. So get to it already." Yell Kai as he fires a blank.

>Go for a kill shot
>Go for a wounding shot
>Try to dodge his shot first
>Other

Roll a d100 with your choice

Opponent roll is mine.
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>Go for a wounding shot
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>1232451
>>Go for a kill shot
Fuck his ass
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>1232466
agreed
>>
>>1232466
>Sorry ma'am, your son was killed in a duel after he started a fight trying to white knight. Not exactly the best or most honorable way to go, but there it is.
>>
File: madmenlaugh.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
madmenlaugh.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>1232502
>>
You hear the shot and instinct takes over you pull the gun from your holster and as he fires it clips your arm but the burning pain is set in the back of your mind as you fire and you watch him fall over screaming.

He holds his shoulder and you see from this distance it appears to just be a small burst of red and meaty chunks. You smirk and holster your weapon as the burn spreads through your arm and Kai jogs over and begins spreading ointments and bandaging it.

"Holy shit kid. Should have known you had the long game covered. This kid was raised going through urban areas, he can hide. He wont be coming to you."

Next trial coming tomorrow. Thanks for playing guys, how do you like it?
>>
>>1232615
Lots of fun QM
>>
>>1232615
It was pretty neat, thought I suspect after our big talking and this duel, the first thing we'll need to do is tell our teacher that we talked big and showed it, now we need him to make us into the Best to back it up later.
>>
>>1232615
>>1232626
>It was pretty neat, thought I suspect after our big talking and this duel, the first thing we'll need to do is tell our teacher that we talked big and showed it, now we need him to make us into the Best to back it up later.
We need modifiers for our rolls, otherwise we are going to die.
>>
You follow Kai to the next section after you and the knight are patched up and given fresh bullets. The obstacle course is seen from above as you descend the massive stairs to the entrance.

It's a massive and labyrinthine in design. Full of dead ends and long narrow stretches, you also see the various hurdles, spikes and other obstacles littering the maze as they're tested. In the center is a small town with fully huilt huts and a small column holding a red flag.

"Usually the course is used for a sort of race to get the fkag and get out without being taken out by other Ka-Babbies. But we usually use rubber bullets then also." Says Kai, his face is stoic and betrays no emotion but you can feel the anxious energy coming from him.

"This is this kids turf, he's a guerilla style shooter. That's why he was brought in, skill at using his environment to hide or fight for him. So watch your back and try not to get caught off guard. If you can get him to waste his shot that gives you free reign to either take him out or shoot your own into the air and take it to the ten pace draw." He says in between puffs of his cigarette.

You find yourself soon standing at the entrance to the massive labyrinth, the walls at least 15 feet tall and the ground covered in a fine sand. You watch as the Knight and his master walk away to a seperate entrance, you probablynshoukd have learned the name of the kid before you challenged him to a death match.

You check your revolver and see the single brass cap of the bullet staring back, you click the gun closed and pull the trigger as a large stone is drawn up behind you by a wench.

Alone. The air is scorching and the sand gives off distortions of heat. You hear the shot, round two has begun.

You move down the massive hallway, your feet muffled by the sand and come to a 4 way intersection.

To the left you see a small tree and the beginning of grass poking through the sand.

To the right you see a flat featurless concrete floor with a few poles emerging from the walls.

Dead ahead continues and endless hallway of sand, you can only see the wavering air.

>Go left
>Go right
>Go straight
>Other
>>
>>1233086
>right
>>
>>1233086
Right, more open space
>>
>>1233086
>right
>>
You head towards the passage barred by sticks. As you approach you see this corridor opens much wider, sticks of solid oak extrude from both sides as you sway left to right to avoid them. As you look around at all the sticks you bump into one at chest height, it gives slightly. These sticks aren't imbedded in the wall they're just sticking out of small holes.

In the distance you hear a group of chimes ring noisily.

>Remove the stick
>Keep walking
>Other
>>
>>1233460
>remove the stick
>>
>>1233460
Remove the stick
>>
You pull on the stick and it moves a good half a foot before stopping. You continue to pull until finally it comes out and you hold the around 4 foot solid oak rod.
(Gained: Quarter Staff)

As you pull out you see a black liquid start to trickle out of the wall. Soon the trickle turns to a stream, and then a fountain. A noxious gas rises from the concrete and you realize this is deeply acidic, you turn and run as other staffs fall from the wall and begin forming a small wave of acidic liquid.

You sprint and eventually find your self with a left or right turn. You see a small door to the left leading into a stone wall that would otherwise be a dead end.

The right leads to a hall of hanging silver bars swaying lightly.

>Left
>Right
>>
>>1233874
>left
>>
>>1233874
>left
>>
>>1233874
>>Left
>>
You sprint towards the door, a small puddle of acid following you blocking off the chimes. You get closer to the door but something feels off.

Roll 1d20
Best of 3
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>1234376
>>
File: tumblr_nx8ftxiYeb1svqx5yo1_500.jpg (91KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx8ftxiYeb1svqx5yo1_500.jpg
91KB, 500x333px
>>1234418
Oh my. Only thing that can save you now is a nat 20 or two very high rolls.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>1234376
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1234440
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>1234440
>>
You sprint for the door and see it for a moment a gleam. You throw up your stick straight and the door is kicked open as the Kid swings an iron chime into your pole and nearly snaps it in half. You hear a cracking and the stick gives slightly. You see his shoulder is heavily bandaged and his gun sits on his unbandaged side.

He swings again you continue to take the blows from the iron chime.

>Let him wear himself out
>Counter attack
>Drop the stick pull your gun
>Other
>>
>>1237430
>Counter attack
>>
>>1237430
>Drop the stick pull your gun
>>
>>1237865
Switching to >Drop the stick pull your gun
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

Roll me 1d20.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1237987
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>Counterattack
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1237987
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.