[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warlords: A Nation Shattered #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 15

File: rara.png (546KB, 2984x2896px) Image search: [Google]
rara.png
546KB, 2984x2896px
Pacland was once a strong nation.

With a massive army, a deeply rooted chivalric culture and bountiful natural resources and trade, Pacland was a major power among the nations of the North. Many minor Kingdoms and principalities paid her tribute, and she was rivalled only by Lanya to the north.

However, for the past decade, she has been challenged from the south by a new and fearsome foe: The Shan Empire.

Slowly, this sprawling behemoth of alien cultures has expanded north, annexing each of the Kingdoms which separated them from Pacland. These lands, which once adhered to the One True Faith, have been raped, pillaged and converted by the Shan savages.

For a time, there was a standstill on Pacland's southern border, along the Misser River. Neither side wanted to face the potential disadvantage incurred from a river crossing. This region became gripped with fear; the peasants and lords dreading the inevitable Shan attack.

Eventually, in the year 3092, King Markus Klinge crossed the river with a host of 10,000 Knights and 30,000 footmen. The battle was long and brutal, with each side taking considerable losses.

Unfortunately, in the chaos of the melee, King Markus was decapitated with a Shan Scimitar. The Paclander army was forced into retreat, dragging the corpse of their beloved ruler back across the river.

With no heir, the King's death threw the nation into anarchy. Anyone with a scrap of legitimacy has put together a warband and has either made a claim to the throne or carved out a small fief for themselves out of Pacland's rotting carcass.

The roaring riverlands and sprawling hills of Pacland's countryside are now riddled with corpses. Feuding warlords and squabbling nobles battle each other all while the Shan Empire prepares their invasion.

No where is safe. Entire villages have been burnt to the ground and the streets of the capital run red with blood.

The Council of Mages have attempted to restore order, but find it impossible to unite the various warlords in any sustainable way.

And while Pacland descends into Chaos, Lanya to the north asserts her dominance. Pacland's northern neighbor, which is often referred to as 'The Spy State of the North', has infiltrated the remains of Pacland's administration. Many believe that this powerful Kingdom will attempt to envelop the realm and restore order. While many Paclanders are against giving up their autonomy to Lanya, others see it as the best option available.

You are a warlord. Whether you're a noble or a peasant, a soldier or a scholar; you have amassed a force of battle-ready men and stand to play a major role in the shattered state of Pacland.

Do you want to restore the realm with yourself as it's king? Carve out a minor state of your own? Sell your forces to Lanya or Shan? The choice is yours.

Rules and Character creation post will follow.
>>
File: rararar.png (84KB, 1376x928px) Image search: [Google]
rararar.png
84KB, 1376x928px
>>1221053
Rules will follow similar to any other d20 style system on /qst/. The game will progress in rounds where everyone can take an action. At the DM’s discretion, you will roll a d100 to see whether or not you are successful in your action.
Beyond that, as a warlord, you have three numbers to keep track of: Your number of men, your wealth modifier and your legitimacy modifer.
>Your number of men is how many soldiers you have in your warband to do your bidding and fight under your banner. You will start with a certain amount of these but can attempt to recruit more through questing.
>Your wealth modifier is a very loose way of defining how many funds you have at your disposal. You can increase this through questing.
>Your legitimacy is how legitimate of a leader you are seen to be. With a smaller territory under your control this will only affect the morale of your soldiers and your interactions with the local populace. The larger your fief, however, the more important legitimacy will become. With low legitimacy, you will never be seen as an official political or military leader. You can increase legitimacy through questing.

To occupy another tile of territory, you need to send 500 men there to bring it under your influence.

Major Cities are colored in purple. These require more than just 500 men, they require a siege to take. Controlling a major city can be difficult but improves your wealth.

To create a character, roll 3 d20s and a d4 to get your stats and background, then in a following post, fill out the following information:

>Name:
>Fluff:
>Background:
>Special Trait:
>Men:
>Wealth:
>Legitimacy:
>Color:

Please quote the above information at the end of all your posts.

You start with 500 men, 1 wealth and 1 legitimacy as base stats.

The first and second d20 determine your background and special trait (see attached image)

Multiply the result of the third d20 by 10. Add this number to your men. For example, if I rolled a 20, I would add 2000 to my quantity of men.

Add the result of the d4 to your wealth

If you roll poorly in stats, that is fine. Not everyone is supposed to start off equal. A noble will have more opportunity than a peasant. It is through questing where you will gain the upper hand and potentially end up on top.
>>
Yeet
>>
Rolled 7, 4, 10 = 21 (3d20)

>Name: General Alexander Veronn
>Fluff:
>Background:
>Special Trait:
>Men:500
>Wealth:1
>Legitimacy:1
>Color:Grey

Location. The farthest west white space.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d4)

>>
Rolled 20, 6, 16 = 42 (3d20)

Rolling for traits.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d4)

>>1221110
Rolling for wealth! 'Royal Blood' changes my initial gimmick of being a Lanyan puppet.
>>
>Fluff:
>Background:
>Special Trait:
>Men:500+(10x10=100)=600
>Wealth:1+1+3=5
>Legitimacy:1+2=3

>Friends in high places
>>
>>1221110
Color and Location?
>>
>>1221110
Nice roll neighbor.
>>
File: 001.png (568KB, 2984x2896px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
568KB, 2984x2896px
>>1221117
Is this what you meant by westernmost?
>>
thats the one ,yes.
>>
Rolled 13, 19, 8 = 40 (3d20)

seems cool
its weird to see other people posting builders
>>
>>1221140
For clarification, what's the difference between our character's fluff and background? Is fluff how they came to be a warlord, and background is their backstory?
>>
>>1221174
Background is the first d20 table, fluff is just how they came to be a warlord/ who they are etc.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d4)

>>
>>1221185
>Name: Bello, The Smile
>Fluff: A bastard child of some lesser noble, Bello ran away from home a long time ago. A bit more educated than most and somehow charismatic to stragglers, Bello gathered a mass of dirtbags to follow him.
Yet even with a giant army of bandits behind his back, Bello feels like he has no goal. For the last years, he just been doing whatever he wanted to do and grow his organization. Maybe he wishes to make a name of himself using the broken realm as a opportunity.
>Background: Bandit
>Special Trait: Attracted Stragglers
>Men: 1230 men
>Wealth: 3
>Legitimacy: -1
>Color: Black

For location can I be put somewhere in the center near the major cities
>>
File: 001.png (569KB, 2984x2896px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
569KB, 2984x2896px
>>1221217
I gave you very dark brown, does the location seem good?

Also once we have one more player we'll start the first turn.
I wasn't really looking at the time when I posted this so we will probably only do 1-3 turns now but I'll post again as soon as I wake up.
>>
>>1221059
>Multiply the result of the third d20 by 10. Add this number to your men. For example, if I rolled a 20, I would add 2000 to my quantity of men.

Did you mean multiply by 100 or add 200 to your quantity of men?
>>
>>1221231
Yeah I noticed that mistake. We're going with multiply by 10, sorry for the fuck up.
>>
>>1221234
>>1221249
wow I'm on fire
>>
Monitoring with interest
>>
File: Celeste Chapuis.jpg (257KB, 843x960px) Image search: [Google]
Celeste Chapuis.jpg
257KB, 843x960px
>>1221179
Name: Princess Céleste Chapuis

Fluff: Céleste, Princess of Pacland - a little-known member of the royalty who grew up on the sun-drenched shores of the southern coast, only known for the immense wealth of her family. Fourth of her siblings and destined to be married off to a sutibly powerful general or landowner, she spent her days in luxurious seclusion until word came of the death of King Marcus.

Background: The disintegration of Pacland was a disaster for most, but not for Céleste Chapuis. It would have been simple to flee the prostrate nation and live out the rest of her life in foreign luxury - she certainly had enough wealth to do just that - but something stirred within her as she was making the preparations. The way the some people treated her, with a respect that reeked of desperation, finding a symbol of the old unity and choosing not to see the scared girl. Soldiers of the old army, weary men who knew only to serve the Pacland loyalty, flocked to her location. One grizzled soldier, a captain of the infantry, approached her one day and by the end of their conversation Céleste had accepted the leadership of the army arrayed before her and the cause of re-unifying Pacland. Perhaps it was the mythical quality of Pacland royalty, or a mission from God, even destiny - but most likely of all, it was an insecure teenager with enough latent decency to try to live up to the responsibility others had projected upon her.

Special Trait: Veteran Advisor. An old soldier, clinging to one of the last shadows of the royalty he sacrificed so much for in his life.

Men: 500+650+(16x10=1600) = 2750

Wealth: 1+6+4 = 11

Legitimacy: 1+7 = 8

Color: Blue

Location: Southern coast, near the bottom-left city on that peninsula.
>>
>>1221254
when do we begin the game boss
>>
>>1221059
Rolling traits and men
>>
>>1221268
Shit, I didn't mean to write that much. Couldn't disappoint those great rolls.
>>
Rolled 17, 5, 10 = 32 (3d20)

>>1221276
Cant roll cause mental handicap
>>
Rolled 4, 8, 15 = 27 (3d20)

>>
Rolled 9, 8, 16 = 33 (3d20)

Alright I'm in

Go dice go!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d4)

>>1221279
>>1221059
> the result of the third d20 by 10. Add this number to your men. For example, if I rolled a 20, I would add 2000 to my quantity of men.

So x100, not x10 right? Or am I messing something up here?

Extra wealth roll.
>>
>>1221294
>>1221268
check this >>1221249
>>
File: 001.png (569KB, 2984x2896px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
569KB, 2984x2896px
>>1221269
Right now

>>1221268
I really like this

And so the fate of Pacland shifts…
Alexander Veronn, a former scholar from the Royal University, has established a fief in the west, taking the title of General to denote his new station.
The land he has claimed is a small region of fertile hills nestled against a series of cliffs. The people here are the average rural folk; superstitious, uneducated etc. Most of the people in these parts are either fishermen or they grow wheat.
There are a decent amount of young men in the area who might be persuaded to fight under your banner, although they certainly aren’t the most highly trained.
You don’t know of any other nearby warlords

Bello, known as ‘the Smile’, is a bandit who has turned his menage of thieving scoundrels and refugees into a somewhat organized fighting force.
You have made camp in the ruins of an old fortress, deep in the forests of the Kingdom’s Heartland. Despite this, the size of your host has been noticed by the folk nearby.
One Lord Kerdrew in particular has seemingly taken offence to your presence. Knights flying his banner approached your scouts and handed over letters. These letters made it very clear that as far as he is concerned, you are a bunch of criminal renegades who are trespassing on his land. He would like you to turn yourself over to him at his seat in the City of Operais, just south of your location.

The Princess of Pacland, Celeste, has begun her reign far to the south.
The location around you is full with green hills and beautiful forests. Your advisor, General Rudolf Stepanek, tells you that he believes the defenses of the city to your south would easily crumble, but that perhaps if you head north you might be able to win the support of some of the nobles there. Either way, his men stand ready for your command.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d4)

>>1221292

And other thing, looks like I'm a wizard merchant or something...better be a damn rich merchant
>>
>>1221300
Thanks for pointing that out

>>1221268
Men: 500+650+(16x10=160) = 1310
>>
>Fluff:A general sent from a western nation past the horizon. Sent to colonise the east. He and his band are to conquor as much land as possible, and make alliances with any civilized peoples. Also, eliminate an savages.
>Background:
>Special Trait:
>Men:500+(10x100=1000)=1500?

>Friends in high places
>>
Rolled 4 (1d4)

>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>1221302
Go scout out the City of Operais. See if my thieves can find some info on their men, defenses, and weaknesses.

I'll go "visit" this Lord Kedrew very soon.

>Send my sneakiest thieves to go scout the city
>>
>>1221294
>Name: Baz Rael
>Fluff:
Baz Rael was born to his father, an irrelevant noble and a servant girl. Growing up at court he became a scheming bastard who murdered his half-brothers over the years slowly working up his way in the line of succession. Baz is an honorless scoundrel at its worst, an ambitious soul that can only rest if its either busy backstabbing someone or taking away somebody's land. Perhaps one day he will have to pay for one of his many misdeeds, turning up face down in a ditch somewhere. Until then however he is aided by his naive Advisor, a man who adores him for reasons unknown. Blindly faithful Baz doesn't even call him by name, simply referring to him as "Adviser" and generally treating him badly as befits a person of Baz Rael's depravity.

>Background: Noble Bastard
>Special Trait: Veteran Advisor
>Men: 500+50+(10x10=100) = 650
>Wealth: 4
>Legitimacy: 2
>Color: Red
>>
>>1221339
Location?

>>1221331
Results in the next post, wanna expand anywhere?
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>Scout the countryside for any "people of intrest".
Solitairy wizards
Great warriors
Intellegent scholars
Good waifus

>Any extra troops are to help the peasents, by helping build homes, farming assistance and overall helpfulness
Got to get some loyalty

>Fluff:A general sent from a western nation past the horizon. Sent to colonise the east. He and his band are to conquor as much land as possible, and make alliances with any civilized peoples. Also, eliminate an savages.
>Background:
>Special Trait:
>Men:500+(10x10=100)=600?

>Friends in high places
>>
>>1221358
Fug im getting my names mixed up
>>
>>1221354
>Fluff: A bastard child of some lesser noble, Bello ran away from home a long time ago. A bit more educated than most and somehow charismatic to stragglers, Bello gathered a mass of dirtbags to follow him.
Yet even with a giant army of bandits behind his back, Bello feels like he has no goal. For the last years, he just been doing whatever he wanted to do and grow his organization. Maybe he wishes to make a name of himself using the broken realm as a opportunity.
>Color: Dark Brown

Oh is expanding not considered an action?
Then I expand South, sending 500 men.
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>1221302
Not sure if this requires a roll, but rolling anyway:

From the grand royal feasts of the past and her rare personal interactions, Céleste is well aware of the ambition and greed of fellow nobles. To parley with them would invite a competitor to try and use her royal blood for their own advantage - no, she will carve out her own path. The men under her deserve that much, as they came to serve royalty, not some inbred manorlord from the north.

Envoys are sent to the city, demanding they submit. Just in case, siege engines are constructed under the direction of General Stepanek,
>>
>>1221354
My computer apparently cant even handle paint properly right now so just put me at the North Western tip, beneath Lanya please.
>>
File: Harold_portrait.png (4MB, 2249x2271px) Image search: [Google]
Harold_portrait.png
4MB, 2249x2271px
>>1221292
>>1221305

>Name: Albrecht Zweingarde
>Fluff: A dashing merchant and sellsword with a hero complex and his cute sorceror girl sidekick, Annie. Together they preach the ideals of goodness, equality and liberty to all.
>Background: Merchant
>Special Trait: Sorceror/sorceress advisor
>Men: 500+18x10=680
>Wealth: 7
>Legitimacy: 1
>Color: Red, white, or blue, whichever isn't taken
>>
File: 002.png (573KB, 2984x2896px) Image search: [Google]
002.png
573KB, 2984x2896px
>>1221367
I mean you can have 1230 men all do a thing in a turn, you'd have to be doing some **premium** spying to need 1230 men on the job

>>1221331
Your men scout the city, but fail to find any tide shifting holes in its defenses. They do, however, have a basic idea of where men are stationed on the walls. They would also guess that there are about 700 men in the city, although this is a rough guess at best.

>>1221358
Your men return to you with a man clad in Armour with a great sword on his back. They explain that he was found on a hill surrounded by corpses, but that he won't say a word. The peasants, who are grateful for your help, explain that this is an old knight who protects the area who has taken a vow of silence. He seems disinterested in you, but you believe he would be a valuable asset to have on your side.

>>1221368
Word comes back from Count Jules, ruler of the city. He seems dismissive of your claims of being the rightful queen and demands that if you want the city, you will have to give him your hand in marriage. While you obviously can't tell tone through a letter, you would guess that he doesn't take you very seriously.

>>1221381
You're in next round
>>
>>1221381
Location?
>>
>>1221381

Should my men count be at 2300 (500+18x100=2300)?

Also for location put me somewhere in the space between Beroland and Peria, they seem cool
>>
>>1221410
check this >>1221249
>>
>>1221372
The land you rule is an old family fief. You have made your home in an old castle you once lived in alongside your men. The nearby land is swampy and damp.
>>
>>1221402
Did sending that letter count as my action this round? That whelp Jules would not have rebuffed the old King.
>>
File: 1417477568179.jpg (55KB, 485x936px) Image search: [Google]
1417477568179.jpg
55KB, 485x936px
>Name: Adolfo di Brenia
>Fluff: Adolfo is a Guild master of the artisan guild in the city of Brenia. He is well known to both those that share his craft due to his innovations and philosophers because of his controversial beliefs in the rights of man. His wife is Letizia di Brenia who is the headmaster of the mage's academy in the city, well known for her powerful enchantments and abjurations used to enhance her husband's inventions. When Adolfo heard of Markus' death, he knew then that this is the moment he had been waiting for his entire life. Calling upon all the favors and wealth he had gathered through the years, He took over the city and declared that Pacland will be reborn as a republic that will uplift the people rather than repress them and that they will drive back the heathen Shan.
>Background: Craftsman
>Special Trait: Sorceress adviser
>Men: 2000
>Wealth: 6
>Color: light blue
>>
>>1221422
No you get an action
>>
>>1221426
This made me laugh, where do you want to start?
Also I fucked up, multiply by 10 not 100 for men
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>1221402
>Fluff:
Baz Rael was born to his father, an irrelevant noble and a servant girl. Growing up at court he became a scheming bastard who murdered his half-brothers over the years slowly working up his way in the line of succession. Baz is an honorless scoundrel at its worst, an ambitious soul that can only rest if its either busy backstabbing someone or taking away somebody's land. Perhaps one day he will have to pay for one of his many misdeeds, turning up face down in a ditch somewhere. Until then however he is aided by his naive Advisor, a man who adores him for reasons unknown. Blindly faithful Baz doesn't even call him by name, simply referring to him as "Adviser" and generally treating him badly as befits a person of Baz Rael's depravity.

>Men: 650

1. Baz would immedaitely send out 500 under the command of his Advisor Adviser. They would commence occupying territory, preferably one that would allow them to carve a path towards the nearest city in the future.
Assign: 500 Men

Steps for next turns cause idk I wasnt sure how assigning men worked, but if we only have one action a turn ima just keep em safe here as a 3 step plan.
2. More men would be needed, but more men would need more money. Baz would send out 100 men to start collecting taxes throughout his lands.
Assign: 100 Men

3. If Baz despised one thing more than Honor it was general Honesty. He also despised all things Good in this world, Kindness, Charitability and of course hard and/or honest Work. How could he possibly hope to carve out a Kingdom of his own without actually having to work hard to achieve such a thing? Clearly he would have to rely on outside help. Lanya seemed like just the candidate. He would send out a delegation to offer them future loyalty if they supported his claim. He would provide them with an ally against the always advancing Shan. He could always backstab them or switch sides if things got too dire.
Assign: 50 Men (delegation)
>>
File: General.jpg (87KB, 633x950px) Image search: [Google]
General.jpg
87KB, 633x950px
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>1221402

Send 1/2 of my men to nearby territory to spread word of "The General", offering assistance to anyone who asks them for it(also looking for more interesting people)

Build a school, and a church. To educate the uneducated and bring in the supersticious.
>Background:
>Special Trait:
>Men:500+(10x10=100)=600?

>Friends in high places

(do I have to roll? Or nah?)
>>
>>1221437
ill take that island looking province inside of the river to the north.
>>
>>1221427
Cities are the key to power, and punishing those who would defy the authority of both royal blood and the loyalty of soldiers of the old army is the key to respect. I commence a siege of the city.

As the siege is happening, I send out envoys to the 'northern nobles'. If only a few pledge loyalty to royalty, it undermines the defiance of Count Jules.
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>1221402

Have half of my men go around the city and ambush the city's scouts, merchants, and supplies that are outside the city's walls.
Try not to kill civilians. Can't let them die now.

My other half will set up traps, ambushes, and baits when the Lord sends his knights.

The bandits are not trying to go for a siege battle, they're gonna whittle down the town's military first and starve them of supplies.
>>
>>1221450
Obviously I dedicate my entire army to the siege. Do you need a roll?
>>
>>1221442
>>1221402
If rolls arent needed you can go ahead and disreguard that roll
>>
File: 003.png (577KB, 2984x2896px) Image search: [Google]
003.png
577KB, 2984x2896px
>>1221438
Yeah you can do all this. You can assign all of your soldiers to do a thing.

anyways

Your men move south through the swamps, setting up outposts and notifying the local peasants of their new ruler. Reports come back to you that a couple villages in this new area resisted somewhat, and where put to the torch as a result. Adviser is concerned about your troops being a little heavy handed.

The tax collectors get to their job. The people here are poor, but they report back that they can set up a tax system in this area that will increase your wealth, given enough time. For now any taxes would be negligible.

Another fifty men head north to make contact with Lanya. Results from this diplomatic venture will unravel in the next turn.

>>1221442
The school building goes much more slowly than what you would have hoped. No interesting people are found, but your men report back that they have extended your territory. The silent knight has been sitting, seemingly meditating just outside your camp. Some of your men are getting nervous from his presence.

>>1221450
Roll for persuading the nobles.

Your siege engines roll to the crumbling walls of the city. On the palisades sits Count Jules himself, cackling as he sees your forces approach. Both sides trade volleys of arrows, and quickly you get close to the walls.

Make another roll to break through.

So yeah, make both those rolls and then do your next turn, I'll catch up for both in my next post.

>>1221451
Your men make quick progress in surounding the city. A large number of captured merchants and peasants are rounded up and brought to the forest. There are supposedly a few civilian causalities, but nothing severe.

Little time passes before a cavalry charge comes thundering out of the city gates. These brave knights, who believe they are fighting for justice, are quickly dispatched thanks to the traps that your men had set up earlier. Despite this, some of them make it through and corner some of your men who were not hiding at the time. The knights charge ebtween them, hacking and slashing at your nimble bandits.

On top of taking your action, roll to see how the battle goes.

>>1221447
Adolfo, you sit in your newly conquered Republic of Brenia, unchallenged by the unjust feudal systems of Pacland. On an island, you are safe from immediate attack, but you know that there are countless enemies on the mainland.

Brenia is in slight ruin after your revolution, and you know that some of the people in the lower city are starving.
>>
Rolled 15, 28 = 43 (2d100)

>>1221523
Céleste hopes that the people of the city are getting a good look of how mad their Count is.

(First roll for the siege, second for the nobles)
>>
>>1221523

What about me senpai? Should I just roll up an action?
>>
>>1221531
The siege makes little progress. Despite the disrepaired state of the walls, they hold true against your forces for the time being. Casualities are low on both sides, and it generally seems like it's just going slow. Almost no word comes back from the nobles to the north, only a single Count who sends you 25 men as a token of good faith.

I think you're behind a move so go again
>>
Rolled 51, 24 = 75 (2d100)

>>1221523
Hide some of my bandits into the mix of captured civilians. Give them civilian clothes, but have them have a dagger hidden.

I want some to scout out the land. Learn more about the city and Lord Kerdrew and see if any peasants want to join the bandit life.

(1st Scout the land. 2nd Battle)
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>1221523
>Fluff:

>Men: (Total: 650)
+ Mighty Bazraeli Army of Conquest (500 men)
+ Lanya Mission (50 men)
+ Unit of Internal Affairs (100 men)

1. The Mighty Bazraeli Army of Conquest will continue to bring more lands under Baz Rael's protection. Though Baz has no intention of being perceived as soft he will give his Advisor Adviser free reign how he wishes to proceed with the newly integrated subjects. If he can provide a better approach to uppidy peasants than torching them he will be welcome to demonstrate them.
+ Mighty Bazraeli Army of Conquest (500 men)

2. Since the taxation system would still require some time to bear fruit the men formerly assigned to proceed with this task would instead be used for recruitment throughout the integrated territories. Certainly in such poor lands there would be an ample supply on men seeking employment and the Bazraeli army was hungry for more young recruits.
+ Unit of Internal Affairs (100 men)
>>
>>1221544
Shit sorry dude.

The land you inhabit is a rural collection of small villages and towns nestled between forests. Your men let you know that the local peasants have been speaking of strange magic related happenings in the local area.
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>1221546
That Count will be rewarded, in time. General Stepanek's long experience is tempered by Céleste's insistence on keeping casualties low, and her restless meddling with details. The siege continues.
>>
>>1221523
>Fluff: Adolfo is a Guild master of the artisan guild in the city of Brenia. He is well known to both those that share his craft due to his innovations and philosophers because of his controversial beliefs in the rights of man. His wife is Letizia di Brenia who is the headmaster of the mage's academy in the city, well known for her powerful enchantments and abjurations used to enhance her husband's inventions. When Adolfo heard of Markus' death, he knew then that this is the moment he had been waiting for his entire life. Calling upon all the favors and wealth he had gathered through the years, He took over the city and declared that Pacland will be reborn as a republic that will uplift the people rather than repress them and that they will drive back the heathen Shan.

1. redesign the city with magic and tech
"The revolution was efficient, yet collateral damage was inevitable. This is not necessarily a bad thing however, as now I have freedom to improve the city's infrastructure with plans that were once constantly rejected by the corrupt baron.
>100 men
2. Feed the people
"While the nobility were stuffing themselves with cake, the people were begging for bread. My charity was constantly subverted by the baron who viewed my alms as a threat to his power. With him out of the way, I can implement my ideas and designs for preserving food, harvesting fish, and increasing crop yields."
>50 men
3. Take the southwest province between the two cities
"The revolution must spread and the people's will be heard. right now we have no base on the mainland, even if the river will carry out our ideas. we shall take a foothold between the twin cities and from there take more active measures afterwards.
>500 men
>>
File: 004.png (578KB, 2984x2896px) Image search: [Google]
004.png
578KB, 2984x2896px
I didn't think about the time when I started this thread and I gotta sleep but I'll make another post as soon as I'm up again. Respond to this post with what you're gonna do and I'll address it when I wake.
I think Alexander Veronn and Albrecht Zweingarde still have to post, so they get two turns to post for my consideration when I wake up.

>>1221551
The skirmish goes poorly for your men. They are able to beat the knights, but only after reinforcements arrive to help them. When the dust settles, you're left with 11 corpses.

The scouts/spys fare better. While they aren't able to infiltrate the city proper without taking a major risk, they ask about the local land and learn that Lord Kerdrew is hated by the peasants. Ever since King Markus died, he has raised taxes exponentially to 'keep the city afloat'

The people know that this isn't quite right, and before you came there were some minor scuffles between serfs and guards in the city. There seems to be some organized group of peasant rebels who meet in a tavern not far from your own camp. They're meetings are very secretive, and they don't seem particularky inclined to approach you. The scouts believe that if they press further, they might be able to learn a time that these rebels meet. Otherwise, they already know the location.

>>1221552
The recruitment force scour your lands, grabbing any man or boy with two hands who looks like he can swing a sword. They come back to you with a motley crew of 103 men. Adviser inspects them and determines that only about 67 would be any use on the field of battle.

The Lanyan mission returns with a new face. A plump man in fur robes wearing the coat of arms of Lanya. He introduces himself as Yres vas Dorp, a Lanyan diplomat in service to their king.

He lets you know that if you are willing to bend the knee to Lanya, they would be willing to supply you with men and money. They would even be willing to legitimize you and give you the title of 'Grand Duke of Pacland', however this would require you to follow their demands whenever they call on you.

>>1221567
With a bit of luck, one of the towers of the city comes crumbling down. This small victory fills your men with inspiration (especially those who were under fire from the tower), but alas does little to progress the siege.

As you sit in your tents one night, you overhear your men singing a song about how you are the Promised Queen who will unite Pacland in a time of uncertainty and usher it into a golden age.

>>1221593
Although progress seems slow, you're people begin implementing your ideas. Even though they have little yield so far, people seem optimistic about the changes you will bring.

Roll to see how successful you are in implementing these ideas.
>>
Rolled 35, 1 = 36 (2d100)

lets see if i have the same bad luck from another game.
>>
>>1221629
MY LAST ROLL WAS A 1 AS WELL /qst/ FUCKING HATES ME
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>1221554
>Fluff: A dashing merchant and sellsword with a hero complex and his cute sorceror girl sidekick, Annie. Together they preach the ideals of goodness, equality and liberty to all.
>Color: Freedom Blue

"What is it Annie? Oh? Then we should go investigate immediately. If we are fortuitous, we may find a relic or profitable magical items, or better yet we may find some beasts to vanquish in the name of liberty and justice! Er...but I'll let you handle the magic bits. I was never all that great at that." Annie sighs. "How come I gotta do all the rough work!? You come with me or I'll turn you into a toad!" "Alright Annie, I'll go too."

"Oh, and I want some of you to stay behind here and gather some intelligence about Beroland. Would they be open to trade?"
>>
>>1221629
ok, maybe some of my innovations poisoned a few people, but it did teach us a lot of things about the human body that we did not know before, and we have a new bioweapon that we can use in sieges.
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>1221625
>Men: 1219 men

(Myself and 100 Men)
1. I want to wait at the location where the rebels meet. Most of the men stay outside and stay hidden. Let's see if my special trait, "Attracted Stragglers" will do anything.

2. (100 Men)
They're still gonna pretend to be civilians we captured.
Let some of the bandits wear the dead knight's uniform and "free" the civilians. Tell them to run to the city as quick as possible.

3. (1019 Men)
Again go around the city and cut off supplies and kill scouts.
>>
>>1221625

1. feed the people the boring way
"while some of my innovations would normally work it seems that the people currently do not have the capacity to properly implement them. It also seems that my preservatives were also a lethal poison when mixed with ground wheat. who knew? regardless for now I will have to send men to gather food from the mainlands."
>100 men
2. create a school for all
"While we are known throughout the lands as being a place for both magical and mundane knowledge. Only those in the highest levels of society can gain access to this. A new institution will be built that will bring basic literacy to the people. Along with a few "special" courses headed by former Lanyan agents that will teach particularly gifted students how to spread the cause."
>50 men
3. Take the southwest province between the two cities
"while we are training new agents for the cause we need to establish a stranglehold over the city. take the province to the west of the city.
>500 men
>500 men
>>
>>1221692
this should replace the opening to 3.
>take the province to the west of the western city
>>
>>1221641

Alright I was kinda rushing to post in between reading what's happened so far so sorry if I didn't get everything just right.

Gonna repost my turn in "hopefully" the right format.

>Color: Freedom Blue

Alright so my first turn do this >>1221641 sending 50 men to scout the magic (with Annie as well), 50 men to gather information about Beroland and Paria, 80 men to start designing better structures, and 500 men to get the territory directly to the east of me, in between Beroland and Paria.

For my next turn have 180 people recruit able-bodied people for our enterprise and the other 500 expand to the west.
>>
Hey op, do you have a planned schedule?
>>
Rolled 4, 7, 12 = 23 (3d20)

Rolling in the hope of joining in when OP returns.
>>
>>1221782
>>
Rolled 4 (1d4)

>>1221827

Tried to roll a d4 but turned out to be a dribbling incompetent.
>>
>>1221625
Room for one more?
>>
Rolled 6, 15, 14 + 1 = 36 (3d20 + 1)

>>1221059
rolling
>>
File: banac kingdom.png (109KB, 1231x1105px) Image search: [Google]
banac kingdom.png
109KB, 1231x1105px
>>1221782
>>1221830

>Name: Vanec Sterajec
>Fluff:
Vanec is a big, heavily built, bearded man in his forties. He's an accomplished builder, having done everything from houses to castles, and is quite wealthy and respected as a result. He is ethnically a Banac, a people who lived and had a kingdom in what is now the south-east of Pacland along the Shan and Parian borders. Although conquered many generations ago, some Banac still dream of a return to having their own country and being free to worship their old gods, and Vanec is just such a man. With Pacland descending into chaos, Vanec sees a chance for his people, and has raised a group of like-minded comrades to help him take back their ancestral land. Although he couldn't be described as charismatic, Vanec has a nature of solid reliability and competence, a man who few could love but almost any could respect. He has been joined by Lid Akanjec, one of the last remaining druids, the priests of the olds gods of the Banac, who's worship has been slowly dying out since the Pacland conquest.
>Background: Craftsman (Master Builder)
>Special Trait: Sorcerer Advisor
>Men: 620
>Wealth: 5
>Color: Light Brown

Pic related, starting position next to the southernish city, and the brown line is the border of the old Banac Kingdom. Seems like a row of much bigger provinces, so I guess that represents a line of hills or deep forest or something? Seems like a sensible place to draw the line anyway.

Figured I'd play hardmode and start on the Shan border. Someone has to be killed off first.
>>
lol

If White Death made a character about me, I owe him enough to do the same.
>>
Rolled 1, 19, 14 = 34 (3d20)

Rolling background
>>
Rolled 3 (1d4)

>>1221875
Rolling Wealth
>>
Rolled 18, 7, 13 = 38 (3d20)

>>1221625
>>1221059
_____ Thanatos ________
>>
File: twitter_photo-800x430.png (133KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
twitter_photo-800x430.png
133KB, 800x430px
>Name: White Death
>Fluff: White Death was a peasant who had been levvied as a soldier in the last great war, though it ended before he could gain any proper fighting skills. But when he returned from the war, he found his job, his home, and even his wife taken by a Bidderlyn.

The Bidderlyn are an ethnic group not native to Pacland. Their religion, language, and culture entirely foreign but because of this they had been given the less savory jobs as money lenders and debt brokers for such things were looked down upon in the faith. But for centuries, these foreigners had multiplied like roaches, using the wealth they stole from the land to insert themselves into every position of power they could, from taking the lowliest jobs away from honest Paclanders to influencing the banks from the highest system. They hold no regard for the natives, they multiply without restrain, and they are everywhere. Even now this Bidderlyn was wearing his clothes, his pants, as he toiled his field.

Enough is enough. White Death went about rallying those displaced and abused by this foreign plague, people who had lost everything to their bloody hands and pointed noses, and set out on a quest to rid Pacland of this plague. Taking back from the Bidderlyn what they stole to rightful Paclanders, and outsting the foreign threat inside our own borders. The war isn't just out there by shan, it is inside here too in Pacland itself and the invaders must be cleansed!

>Background: Peasant
>Special Trait: Stragglers
>Men: 1400
>Legitimacy:
>Color:
>>
Rolled 2 (1d4)

>>1221879
Name: Count Thanatos
Fluff: One of many minor nobles I inherited from my parents who died clearing out Elemental Plateau from bandits. I take council from a powerful Earth Elementalist, who is vital to the area and my success.

Background: Lesser Noble
Special Trait: Sorcerer/Sorceress (gonna take an elementalist desu baka senpai)
Men: 1800
Wealth: 4 + 1d4
Legitimacy: 5
Colour: Yellow

---

My first action is to see what resources and neighbours and stuff I have. OP put me where you want a Plateau with some elemental mages to be :)
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>1221625
Maintain the siege, while sending a force of 500 men to take control of a territory immediately to the east. I can't neglect the peasants, can I?

(roll is for the siege).
>>
Rolled 4, 14, 6 = 24 (3d20)

>>1221059
Stats
>>
Rolled 4 (1d4)

>>1223420
>>
Rolled 13, 12, 18 = 43 (3d20)

>>1221059
Roll for stats
>>
Rolled 2 (1d4)

>>1223462
>>
>>1221625
Had to go to sleep and woke up to school things. Would you mind if I make up the turns I missed?
>>
File: wlkanos.jpg (99KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
wlkanos.jpg
99KB, 1152x864px
>>1223427
>>1223420
>Name: Alexander Smith
>Fluff: A simple smith from the small town of Horncal in the the western border regions. Slowly over the years he gained renown for both his wares and his advice helping various towns in the area by mediating disputes and helping in other times of crisis. With the chaos of the King's death the smallfolk have looked to him as a leader, begrudgingly he would accept.
>Special Trait: Born Leader
>Men: 60
>Wealth: 5
>Legitimacy: 0
>Color: Green
-----
Location: Border of Paria with the city in the middle of the province.

First we must do is to send 10 men each into the surrounding provinces, we must convince the smallfolk that for protect we must band together.
>>
Rolled 2, 7 = 9 (2d100)

>>1221625
>>1221625
>>1221625
Send 1/2 of my men to nearby territory to spread word of "The General", offering assistance to anyone who asks them for it(also looking for more interesting people)(Again)

>Continue building the church and school
-------------------(Below if I can make up my missed turn.)

>Just sit alongside the warrior as he sits around doing whatever he does. Dont say anything, just sit with the guy.

>Ask any of the people in the area wish to join the 'peoples army'

------------------------------------

>Background:
>Special Trait:Friends in high places
>Men:600
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>1223496
>Name: Vastius The Bandit Lord
>Fluff:Even before the kingdom went into ruin Vastius would terrorize the land with his band of bandits extorting and robbing. Only now the situation has allowed him to grow larger with no risk and due to that allowed him to bring his hometown completely under his control with the aid of his crew. You may be wondering, how'd he become the leader of a bandit troop? Well life as a child was hard and when a group of unsavory men came to his village asking for volunteers when he was a young man he jumped at the opportunity to not live in poverty. During one raid on a caravan he found some books containing magic knowledge! He became infatuated with them and dove into them to develop his powers. Soon thereafter his former leader had an "accident" and he was there to fill the void of leadership. He's known to be ruthless towards his enemies but anyone thats ever worked with him know he treats his men and his friends with respect.
>Background:Bandit
>Special Trait:Skilled in magic
>Men:800
>Wealth:3
>Legitimacy:0
>Color: Green
>>1221625
Start me in that northern city thats in the middle of the big fief

Firstly I'm going to send 500 men to bring that fief to my north under my control while leaving 200 men in my city.

Of course the last 100 men wont be doing nothing! They'll be going around the land under my control looking for any recruits that want to join my crew so we can increase our numbers!
>>
Can i join?
>>
>>1223794
not the op, but if he continues then that huge list implies that a lot of nations will be made.
>>
Rolled 17, 18, 6 = 41 (3d20)

>>1224366
There will be one more nation then.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d4)

>>1224616
Apparently i just became a hero character.

>Commander something, a tie between Shepard and Kane.
>Background: Mercenary.
>Special Trait: Special weapon.
>Men: 760
>Color: i dunno
>>
>>1224629
I KNOW WHO TO PLAY AS!
Askeladd.
>>
>>1224629
I could probably make your weapon even more powerful with my tech and my wife's magic if you would support my cause.
>>
>>1224763
No.
>>
any idea when we will be starting?
>>
>>1224846

Was wondering the same thing...is OP kill?
>>
It was fun while it lasted. Least I dont have to accept the bad side of my 9/200 failure
>>
Damn, this looked like it could've been a good one.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.