[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Orion Coalition Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 42

File: 1453980391002.jpg (804KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1453980391002.jpg
804KB, 1200x900px
4 players in charge of 4 space-faring civilizations
>2219 A.D
It's been 40 years since the collapse of the Orion Federation of Empires. Apocalyptic civil war destroyed all but six of the member civilizations. Two won pyrrhic victories, their empires in shambles. The other four were too small and too distant to be affected.
4 players (Including the Author) choose the four distant civilization and build them. The building will take some time, as there are unit slots to fill for both ground units and space fleets. A system has been devised for assigning stats. Players will roll for number of planets in their starter system.

After Empires are chosen the players will have to form a new coalition of young races and empires to fend off an external threat. This will include governing decisions, military choices and random events

>First Come First Serve
If you're interested state your faction. Must be an existing faction from fiction you can find plenty of pictures for (Covenant from Halo, Zerg from Starcraft, Empire from Starwars, Imperium from Dune, etc) For instance, if you wanted to be the Covenant, claim it. If you're techtarded or aren't interested in cropping photos let me know, but I run games with lots of pictures and sometimes I'll use paint to make charts. Your claiming post should contain a picture that represents your faction, something we can use to get a feel for your civilization. I'll go first, to demonstrate the format.
>>
I'll play as the Ceph from Crysis.
And i don't want to crop photos.
>>
File: Close Quarters.jpg (4MB, 3579x2751px) Image search: [Google]
Close Quarters.jpg
4MB, 3579x2751px
>Faction
>Earth Empire
So, this is my claiming post. I picked my factions, cropped a bunch of pictures of units and ships and anything else that's cool and has to do with the civilization. For all intents and purposes, you're slightly tweaking the lore of whatever faction you choose. Because at first you only start with one system and you and the other players are the remains of a loose coalition.
After you claim your faction, the next post should be units. There are 4 unit types you need to come up with. We'll tackle them one at a time, with the first one being Assault. So, if in your first post you claimed the Covenant from Halo, your next post would be your Assault unit. Let's say you wanted it to be Grunts. Post a picture of the Grunts, and then establish their stats. Again I'll post to demonstrate, as well as giving an example of the stats system
>>
>>1214590
Actually, are we allowed to slightly adjust the characteristics of our chosen species?
cause i want to play a ceph lookalike species that are actually Mgalekgolo like sentient parasitic worms inside bioengineered bodies connected to robot bodies, is that allowed?
>>
>>1214616
I'll probably be using regular Ceph pictures from the internet, but tweaking definitely allowed. We're taking it slow at first, just be thinking of units and ships and ways your civilization functions, I'll be demonstrating the system
>>
File: Suits.jpg (201KB, 1234x628px) Image search: [Google]
Suits.jpg
201KB, 1234x628px
So you've got 4 classes of ground based troops:
-Assault: basically your stormtroopes, cannon fodder, the boots on the ground, the rank and file, etc.
-Recon: Stealthy guys. The can infiltrate planets and do some other dickish things
-Elite: Expensive soldiers with special abilities, you'll see how it works out in stats
-Special: Your choice. Maybe you want a fun but borderline useless unit. Or a weird unit with unique abilities

>Unit Type: Assault
>War John
So there are 5 stats to establish
-Unit Number
-Unit Power
-Unit Armor
-Unit Training
-Unit Cost
>War Johns
>Unit Number: 5
Unit number is how many is in the unit. 5 really means 500, but we want to work with small numbers so we'll represent it with 5. Because I have 5(00) War Johns in my unit, I'll be able to roll 5 dice when I attack. I'll also be able to take 5 hits when I'm attacked. If I chose 4 per unit, or 6, then the respective dice would change to reflect that
>Why can't I just say my unit has 10?
Because that will directly affect your cost. 10 is fine, but your units will be damn expensive.
>What if I want cheap, numerous hoard units for my assault class? or some other attribute to reflect my empire?
Each Player has a special perk they can use for each category of their armed forces. So you can do that, I'll explain later when it comes to it.

So, my War John's have a Unit number of 5. This means, atm, their cost is 5 as well.
>Firepower and Armor
You've got three levels for each. My War John's Firepower and Armor will both be level 1. That means they're not going to be shooting through any walls or tanks, and if they're shot, they're gonna die. This is recommended for the Assault class, otherwise your units will get real expensive real fast. However, you can get around this by using your perk if you wish.
>Training
Training also has 3 levels. My War Johns are trained in their growth tanks, so I'll be saying they have level 2. This would jack my price up, but I'm going to go ahead and use my perk to negate the cost hike.
So, in conclusion
>Assault Class: War John
>Number: 5
>Firepower: lvl 1
>Armor: lvl 1
>Training: lvl 1
>Cost: 5
>>
>>1214766
Sorry, meant
>Training: Lvl 2

So that's the format. We'll be doing this for ground units, atmospheric units, and finally fleet units. Then we'll roll up our starting solar system and start playing. I'm going to hit the hay, but tomorrow I'll see if there's any further interest and go over any questions anyone might have.
Let the empire building begin
>>
>>1214766
Do LvL 1 stats not add to the cost of the unit?
>>
>>1214820
Thank you, excellent question. No, they do not. Lvl 1 is just basic. As far as Unit Power goes, lvl 1 would represent just standard weapons. Lvl 2 would mean your assualt units have some heavy fire power that can penetrate cover and Lvl 2 Armor

In terms of Armor, level 2 means you're sporting some pretty heavy duty protective gear that ignores small-arm fire (lvl 1 Unit Power)
>>
>Ceph grunt.
>Number: 3
>Firepower: lvl 2
>Armor: lvl 2
>Training: lvl 2
>Cost: 9
Here is my Ground Assault Class.

can you explain perks please?
>>
>>1214841
Okay good you got it, but it's actually +1 per Unit Number, so your Unit Cost would actually be 12.
>3 units, each with lvl 2 firepower, armor and training=12
Which is expensive, but it balances out. You can also change that with perks, or just have really expensive, but really effective Assault units.
So, perks.
Let's say you wanted to lower the cost of producing your Ceph Grunts. You can use your perk to negate a cost hike. So instead of having Assault units that cost 12, they'd cost 9. If you apply it to Numbers instead of Firepower, Armor or Training, then you get 2 free units that don't affect the price
So using your units as an example again, I could apply a perk to Firepower, and now I don't have to pay for lvl 2 weapons because the Ceph are good at arming their units
Or I could apply it to Numbers, and now you have 5 units for the price of 3

I should also mention
>>
>>1214946
training. That level will affect random battlefield events. So if your units have
>Training: Level 2
That means they're going to be handling random battlefield happenstances very well. And if they're Lvl 3 training, that basically means they're veterans or have elite training
>>
>>1214946
Ah, alright then, let me change my Assault unit.
>Ceph grunt.
>Firepower: lvl 2 PERK.
>Cost: 6.

How does it look? Does putting the perk on lvl 3 Firepower negate the cost completely or just reduces it by 1?
>>
>>1214990
Perfect, and the perk negates it completely, so your unit cost is correct. I'll go ahead and demonstrate Recon
Assault units purpose it to attack. Recon can also attack, but they can also sabotage. You'll want to buy recon units not necessarily to battle (although they can hold their own in a pinch) but because of what they can do outside of the battle. If you land them on a planet, your foes won't necessarily know, and you can roll to do all sorts of devilish things.
But, as far as stats go, they look pretty similar to the assault class, but their number cost is 2 instead of 1. This is because they have so many abilities outside of combat. Again I'll use my empire as an example
>>
File: loadout.jpg (327KB, 1911x1069px) Image search: [Google]
loadout.jpg
327KB, 1911x1069px
>>1215040
>Unit Type: Recon
>Scout John
>>
>>1215040
>and the perk negates it completely.
Excellent. Make it LVL 3 Firepower then.
>>
File: 240px-Ceph.png (147KB, 240x327px) Image search: [Google]
240px-Ceph.png
147KB, 240x327px
>>1215058
That's my bad, I wasn't clear, if you make it lvl 3 your unit cost would go back up to 9. The perk only negates one level. Which if you're fine with that, that's okay. Your units will be semi expensive but they'll be able to blow holes in atmospheric units so that's pretty useful. But if you don't want to affect your cost, you'll have to stay at lvl 2 with the perk

Also, this pic is probably what I'm going to use for your Grunts, is this pretty close?
>>
>>1215040
>>1215057
>Unit Type: Recon.
>Ceph Stalker. (Actually ceph guardians since they can use cloaks but the name is appropriate for it's role.)
>Training: lvl 2 PERK
>>1215085
Ah, just lvl 2 Firepower then.
And yes, that pic is good enough.
>>
>>1215085
Alright then I don't seem to be grasping this.
>Cost: ?
Secondly
>Firepower: lvl 1
Right?
>Number: 5
Can you tell me the cost on the units, and check the second
>>
>>1215213
Meant to say the cost for the second is three.
>>
>>1215213
I believe the cost would be
>6
>3
>10
>>
>>1215231
Then how would
>Number: 4
>Armor: lvl 3
>Training: lvl 3
Stack up?
>>
>>1215267
I believe 32.
The formula is firepower/Armor/Training lvl each (X) Unit number.
>>
File: FW_minmatar-metallic.jpg (468KB, 1573x1050px) Image search: [Google]
FW_minmatar-metallic.jpg
468KB, 1573x1050px
>>1215303
>Faction
>Minmatar Republic
Claiming these badasses from the EVE and Dust 514 games. Gonna work on cropping some stuff during the day. The Minmatar are largely independent people who value their individuality. The republic is split between a bunch of clans from the old times, but towards outsiders they act like a single entity, the republic. Gonna start looking at some unit compositions while i find a bit of art for them, i am excited for this game.
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 150x150px
Claiming the Tau. For the greater good of course.
>>
File: Trooper 2.jpg (28KB, 163x419px) Image search: [Google]
Trooper 2.jpg
28KB, 163x419px
>>1215605
For my assault unit i'm going with the Lance Trooper.
>>
File: Trooper 1.jpg (10KB, 121x159px) Image search: [Google]
Trooper 1.jpg
10KB, 121x159px
>>1215660
forgot stats, whoops
Assault: Lance Trooper
Unit Size - 4
Weapon Class - 1
Armor Class - 2 Perked
Training Level - 1
Unit cost - 4
>>
File: Buggy.jpg (31KB, 499x247px) Image search: [Google]
Buggy.jpg
31KB, 499x247px
>>1215661
Recon unit will be the Scout Buggy
Recon: Scout Buggy
Unit Size - 3
Weapon Class - 2
Armor Class - 2 Perked
Training Level - 1
Unit cost - 6
>>
File: Heavy Trooper 1.jpg (310KB, 1029x1709px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy Trooper 1.jpg
310KB, 1029x1709px
>>1215662
Elite unit will be the Heavy Trooper, this guy packs a punch.
Elite: Heavy Trooper
Unit Size - 2
Weapon Class - 2
Armor Class - 2
Training Level - 3 Perked
Unit cost - 8
>>
File: TITAN Drop-Suit.jpg (1MB, 2592x1560px) Image search: [Google]
TITAN Drop-Suit.jpg
1MB, 2592x1560px
>>1215663
Finally for my special unit i will be deploying the Titan Drop-Suit
Special: Titan Dropsuit
Unit Size - 2
Weapon Class - 3
Armor Class - 3 Perked
Training Level - 2
Unit cost - 10
>>
And it looks like we have our factions! The Ceph (Empire? Kingdom of? Just called The Ceph?) The Tau (Again, Empire?) the Minmatar Republic and the Earth Empire
Couple things
>>1215303
is correct, and it looks like the rest of you guys got a pretty good grasp on it too. However
>>1215662
I'm going to have three slots for Armor units, so that will cover the scout buggy and any landbased tanks or mech you might want to add. But we'll be doing after units
>>1215663
As for Elite, something I forgot to mention. They can use two perk. So they can be really specialized if you want, but like Recon each of their Unit Number adds 2 to cost instead of 1
So your Elite trooper is actually the correct cost once you add the 2nd perk
Thing about perks. You've got 4 units types for ground troops, and 5 perks (counting the 2 you use on elites) but you can mix and match that if you want. Everybodies been pretty much been using a perk for unit, but if you want to put all 4 (you can't steal the extra one away from the elites) into Assault and make a really ridiculous assault class, you can do that
>>
>>1215664
And when I get back from some errands I'll talk about the special unit. You can totally use the Titan Drop suit if you want, but I think that'll work better for one of your 3 armor slots
>>
File: Minmatar Sigil.png (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Minmatar Sigil.png
1MB, 1024x1024px
>>1215795
Minmatar Prime here, on my desktop PC now so the ID might be different. thanks for the feedback, i wasn't sure how it worked. Do you have maybe like a pdf of the full ruleset or something so that i can basically go ham with it? Also i will look into an alternative for the recon unit and special unit immediately.
>>
File: Minmatar Republic Infantry.png (4MB, 5033x7079px) Image search: [Google]
Minmatar Republic Infantry.png
4MB, 5033x7079px
>>1215805
Made a sheet of the new stuff, hope the math adds up
>>
>>1215844
This is perfect, love the descriptions. The special class though, What your special class can do is really up to you guys. If Kayaans can warp space and the elements that's a good ability and will fuck shit up in-game, but it also means their Unit Size cost increases. So it looks like your Specials will be like Elites and Recons, as in their Cost per Unit Number is 2. So your Kayaans would actually cost 8. But other then that you got it

I'm going to post the rest of my units and start on armor so you guys can see how it's done. They're almost identical to ground troops with a few key differences. I'll try and get the rules PDF posted today, at the very latest tonight. It all depends on whether I can get IT to fix my cloud storage folder
>>
>>1215949
posting from work, so my ID changed. I'll start using a trip or something
>>
File: Infantry- Earth Empire.pdf (181KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Infantry- Earth Empire.pdf
181KB, 1x1px
>>
File: Brother and Mother.jpg (1MB, 1914x2948px) Image search: [Google]
Brother and Mother.jpg
1MB, 1914x2948px
Infantry's purpose is to capture planets and kill other Infantry as well as some Armor. Armor's purpose is to fuck up Infantry. But Armor can also attack Inter-Orbital Units, such as bombers, fighters, big mechs and weapons platforms. So Armor's useful

3 Armor Unit slots for 3 types of units. The Armor Unit types are Light, Medium and Heavy. Light Armor Class starts at Armor Lvl 2 without a cost penalty. Medium, Lvl 3 without a cost penalty, and Heavy, you guessed it, the so far unmentioned lvl 4 (it goes higher)

You have 3 perks to spend on Armor Units

An example
>Light Armor Class: Starskin Equipped John
Unit Number: 2 (Unit Cost per number is now 4)
Unit Firepower: Lvl 2 (1st perk)
Unit Armor: Lvl 2 (no cost penalty)
Unit Training: Lvl 1
Unit Cost: 10
>>
>>1216029
Actually I've been meaning to balance this out for awhile, and I think this is the game I do it. We're going to have Light Armor Units start at Firepower Lvl 2 without penalty, Medium Armor Units start at Firepower Level 3 without penalty, and Heavy Armor Units start at Level 4 without cost penalty. You still have 3 perks you can benefit your Armor Units as well.

I should mention, if a Unit ever comes at a Lvl 2 or 3 or higher, and you want to downgrade it to make it cheaper, you can
>>
File: Infantry- The Ceph.pdf (161KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Infantry- The Ceph.pdf
161KB, 1x1px
>>
File: Jaxsons.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Jaxsons.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>1216029
An example
>Medium Armor Class: Jaxsons
Unit Number: 2 (Unit Cost for Medium Armor units is 8)
Unit Firepower: Lvl 3 (no cost penalty)
Unit Armor: Lvl 3 (no cost penalty)
Unit Training: Lvl 2
Unit Cost: 18
Not sure where I'm going to put my perk yet, but you guys get the format for Armor Units. The important thing to remember is each Armor Unit type starts at a certain Firepower and Armor Level without a cost penalty. Also Unit Cost per Number has risen (Heavy will 12 per unit)
>>
>>1216077
And this has a typo for the recon class, forgot to denote where the perk goes. But these are just rough drafts for you to get a feel for the game and how it will play. I'll clean up all the Unit PDF's when we're done and ready to play
>>
>>1216197
If it was UC X FP + UC X AR + UC X TR
Wouldn't the cost be 32 for Jaxsons?
With UC being unit cost, FP being fire power cost, AR being armor cost, and TR being training cost.
Because UC = 8x2 FP=0 AR=0 and TR=2
So 16x2=32 be the final unit cost?
>>
>>1216233
Close, but you add training, not multiply. So if I had a unit of 4 Jaxsons (base cost 8 each) each with level 2 training, then it would cost 36, because each Jaxson Unit with a Lvl 2 training adds 1 to the final Unit Cost (4 Jaxsons at 8 points each +4 for training since there's 4 of them= 36)

Another point to mention, whereas a perk put into Unit Number in the Infantry classes will get you two free units, in Armor class it only gets you one. Still, it evens out once you realize how powerful Armor is
>>
>>1216482
Looking back in this thread I realized I failed to fully demonstrate the formula, that was my bad. Still working on getting my cloud storage fixed and getting the rules PDF uploaded

Each level added equals +1 to the final unit cost, so >>1215267 would actually be 24 points not 32
>>
File: Star Prophet.jpg (411KB, 1121x1239px) Image search: [Google]
Star Prophet.jpg
411KB, 1121x1239px
>>1216520
And that's for Armor and Firepower, not just Training
Another Example using the formula
>Heavy Armor Class
>Star Prophet
Unit Number: 2 (at a base cost now of 12)
Unit Firepower: Lvl 4 (lvl 3 would have had no cost penalty since it's Heavy Armor Class)
Unit Armor: Lvl 4 (lvl 3 would have had no cost penalty since it's Heavy Armor class)
Unit Cost:
Okay, so two Star Prophets (12 cost each) plus Armor, Firepower and Training (+1 per stat per star prophet)= 30

Previous games we've debated tweaking this formula because armor is pretty powerful. The main idea put forth is that whatever your base level is (1, 2, 3,) if you go up a level, that's +1 to unit cost. if you want to go up 2 levels, it's not +2 but a higher number (between 3 and 4)
I've yet to decide myself, this game has been played about 4 times with varying results. Sometimes there are hardly any ground battles, with the game being decided via massive fleet battles. Sometimes the entire game is nothing BUT ground battles, for various reasons. If we need to adjust, we will in-game
>>
>>1216555
fuck, sorry for the typos, I'm doing this and other projects while I finish up work. A Heavy Armor class starts at Lvl 4 for Armor and Firepower. So it should look like
UN: 2
UF: 5
UA: 5
UT: 2
UC: 30
And that's without using any perks of course. When I get off work and i'm not so distracted I'll get into Inter-Orbital units
>>
File: Star Prophet 1.jpg (52KB, 684x625px) Image search: [Google]
Star Prophet 1.jpg
52KB, 684x625px
Okay, so on to Inter-Orbital units. You know how Armor Units can attack both infantry, other armor, and Inter-Orbital units? Well Inter-Orbital Units can attack Infantry Units, Armor Units and Fleet Units. And other Inter-Orbital Units of course.
Stats are pretty much the same.
3 Inter-Orbital Unit types
>Fighter
>Bomber
>Special
Fighters are cheap, numerous and weak before you start tweaking them with perks
Bombers function the same as fighters in-game, just better stats and a unit cost that reflects that
Special I've seen players do some crazy things with. One guy made a weapons platform that zipped around the lower atmosphere and was a bit overpowered

Example
>Inter-Orbital (IO) class
>Star Prophet (Ravager)
UN: 3 (unit cost for fighters is 16 per number)
UF: 5 (Fighters start at lvl 5 without cost penalty)
UA: 4 (Fighters have lower armor, so they start at 4 without cost penalty)
UT: 1
UC: 48
As for IO units, if you put your perk in Unit Number it reduces the cost by 10, as opposed to just giving cost-free units
>>
I'm back.
>>
Here are my ground infantry units.

>Ceph grunt.
>Firepower: lvl 2 PERK.
>Cost: 6.

>Unit Type: Recon.
>Ceph Stalker. (Actually ceph guardians)
>Training: lvl 2 PERK

>Unit Type: Elite.
>Ceph devastator. (Also please use orlok the eternal for pics of this unit in addition to the regular)
>Number: 2
>Firepower: lvl 2 PERK
>Armor: lvl 3 PERK
>Cost: 14 (Is this right?)

>Unit Type: Special.
>Ceph commander. (I'm not sure this link will work but please use http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/metroid/images/8/8c/Commando-pirate.png as the pic)
>Number: 1
>Firepower lvl: 3
>Armor: lvl 3
>Training: lvl 3 PERK
>Cost: 10 (Is this also right?)
>>
>>1218056
Welcome back, looking good, I'll get those name changes and pictures for the PDF. Your Ceph Devastators would only cost 8 actually
(2 Ceph Devastators at 2 apiece, plus Armor level plus training level equals 8)
And your Ceph Commander would cost 7, because I'm assuming he'll have a special ability
>>
>>1218116
Kinda feels unbalanced.

>Unit Type: Elite.
>Ceph devastator. (Also please use orlok the eternal for pics of this unit in addition to the regular)
>Firepower: lvl 2 PERK
>Armor: lvl 3 PERK
>Cost: 12.

The Ceph commander's basically a grunt and stalker on steroids, but i'll come up with a special ability if i need to.
What is the commander's base cost?
>>
>>1218142
Balance has come up in previous games, and I've definitely tweaked before. I usually have to see how it plays out in-game and then I adjust the formula. Combat is normally only about a third of what you'll be doing, besides empire building and dealing with random events, but towards the end there's usually a cascade of battles leading up to the big one. If you feel strongly about it being unbalanced we can adjust after the "test battle" that I usually throw in the beginning
If your Special Unit (The commander) has an ability then the base cost is 2. I've only ever played with one ability, but if you wanted to do more we can add 1 to the base cost
>>
>>1218189
I was talking about my devastators being cheaper than my Recon units.
Is being an extremely excellent soldier and leader a ability?
>>
>>1218200
Oh yeah, no I see what you mean. Your Guardians have 3 in a Unit and Your Devastators only have 2 in a Unit, so it might seem weird but in-game it just means your Empire happens to be really good at producing and training Devastators

As for your Ceph Commander, are you trying to get him to function as an even better Elite soldier? Because I've had players who've had Elite units, and then their Special unit was an even more-elite unit. Is that what your thinking?
>>
>>1218234
>As for your Ceph Commander, are you trying to get him to function as an even better Elite soldier? Because I've had players who've had Elite units, and then their Special unit was an even more-elite unit. Is that what your thinking?
Yes. A super soldier that is extremely good at killing and can lead any other type of assault units.
>>
>>1218256
>can lead any other type of assault units.
I mean all types of ground units, not just Ceph grunts.
>>
>>1218264
Okay, you can give him a special ability that boosts other units when he's with them, basically a leadership bonus. As for being a super soldier, you've done a pretty good job of making him one. Firepower Level 3 and Armor Level 3 plus his training level means he'll be able to go toe to toe with most units
>>
>>1218281
Alright.
Here are my Armor units.

>Light Armor Class: Tripod tank (Ceph pinger and Hierarchy defiler.)
Unit Number: 5 PERK (This makes it cost 3 units right?)
Unit Firepower: Lvl 3
Unit Armor: Lvl 2
Unit Cost: 18

>Medium Armor Class: Centurion. (Using C&C 4 centurion)
Unit Number: 2
Unit Firepower: Lvl 3
Unit Armor: Lvl 5
Unit Training: Lvl 3 PERK
Unit Cost: 22

>Heavy Armor Class: Quad walker. (Hierarchy Habitat and assembly walker)
>Unit Number: 2
>Unit Firepower: Lvl 5 PERK
>Unit Armor: Lvl 4
>Unit Training: Lvl 2
>Unit Cost: 30
>>
Have you updated my unit PDF?
>>
File: Infantry- The Ceph.pdf (195KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Infantry- The Ceph.pdf
195KB, 1x1px
>>1218441
Yup, I'll work on it some more after some sleep, as well as your armor chart
>>
>>1218525
YAAAY!
>>
File: Minmatar Republic Units.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Minmatar Republic Units.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
Minmatar Prime here, updated the Kayaan and tried my hand at the armour units, i think it worked out well and i am excited to try them out in the field.
>>
File: Infantry- Earth Empire.pdf (407KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Infantry- Earth Empire.pdf
407KB, 1x1px
>>1218913
Most Excellent, it's looking good! It looks like we'll need a 4th player, as the Tau anon seems to have ghosted, I might burn this thread and start a new one to recruit a 4th, or we can just keep going and see who pops up. Either way, we just have Inter-Orbital and Fleet (just 6 more units) and then I'm going to throw you guys right into the game.
Also Ceph Anon I'll finish up the Ceph Armor readout sometime today
>>
>>1219026

Been watching this thread since early on but was too late to join in as you already had four. I'm still up for joining in if you want another player.
>>
>>1219026
Can you stack more than one perk on an attribute?
>>
>>1219068
You're in, got a faction in mind?
>>
>>1219088

Was thinking Covenant from Halo seemed fun after seeing them mentioned in the OP. As I didn't have a place I've not been thinking too hard, so I'm not sure I'm totally clear on the unit pricing, but I'll try and draft some up now.
>>
>>1219069
Different computer so different poster ID, if it looks weird. But yes, your can. Take infantry for example. You have 4 perks that most people divy up evenly between the 4 unit types. But if you wanted to you could put all 4 in assault and turn them into glass cannons
>>
>>1219095
Rather could you put four perks into unit size is the question.
>>
>>1219098
Oh yeah, you could do that and have one unity type be ridiculously cheap. I had a zerg player do that to represent zerglings. Also welcome back Tau anon, we'll run the game withat 5 players. Which really works because I'm usually caught up running the antagonists faction and other DM stuff
>>1219093
Covenant works really well if you want to do that. All their unit types are really easy to pick because they're so prominent in their setting
>>
>>1219107

Yeah, thats part of my logic, seeing as I'm starting so late I can get going nice and quick. Confused as fuck about costs now though. Might just post stats and beg you to let me know what they're worth, if that's ok.
>>
>>1219113
Yeah sorry, theres a rule PDF me and another game anon made, but it's on my work cloud storage and the IT departments acting like helping me fix it would ruin their vibe. But I should have it for you soon, for now I'll try and type it out
Unit Cost= (Number of Units) + any extra levels
>>
>>1219146
That's Assault. Every other infantry class is (Number of Units)2 + any extra levels added. When you post your infantry chart I'll peruse it and tweak if needed
>>
File: cov infantry.png (729KB, 1363x853px) Image search: [Google]
cov infantry.png
729KB, 1363x853px
>>1219146
>>1219150

Ah, that cleared it up for me. Pic attached for infantry. What are the base costs for the vehicles?
>>
>>1219161

Also, I appologise for the inevitable confusion of Elites not being the elite infantry slot, but this way seemed to better fit the themes of the units with Hunters just being stronger troops while Elites had special abilities.
>>
File: cov vehicles.png (626KB, 1284x863px) Image search: [Google]
cov vehicles.png
626KB, 1284x863px
>>1219161

Also vehicles.
>>
>>1219161
Nice, killer job on the unit mockup. Everything looks good except for the Elites. They would only cost 6. The reason they have a unit cost of 2 is Because they have a special ability. So giving them another would only raise by 1, so your cost would be 6 instead of 7
Also your vehicles are spot on as well
>>
File: Infantry- The Ceph.pdf (437KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Infantry- The Ceph.pdf
437KB, 1x1px
Ceph Readout with Armor. Ceph anon I reworked some of your pricing because I think you formulated it wrong. I'm at work so I might be off but I'm pretty sure I got it right. Also I'm still looking for the right pics, so what's there right now are just placeholders.
It might seem weird that your Light Armor Units are more expensive then your Medium, but you did a really good job upgrading your LAUs, so it basically just means the Ceph excel at using Light Armored Units
>>
>>1219223

Alrighty. What are the base costs and stats for the three types of aircraft?
>>
File: tau2.pdf (663KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
tau2.pdf
663KB, 1x1px
This is what I have for my army so far.
>>
>>1219307
There's technically 6 more unit types we have to fill
3 Inter-Orbital
3 Fleet (Things like frigates and capital ships)

An example of how to craft a fighter is here >>1216861
I'll mock up a Bomber and a Special just to show you, then you just have to come up with 3 Fleet units and we're ready to roll
>>1219323
Glanced it over, looking pretty good it seems you got the formula down pat. It's going to be a fairly interesting coalition of Empires

While your designing your armies, be thinking of what type of government you want. It doesn't really effect anything except what kind of events you encounter while governing your Empire. I'm fairly familiar with the Covenant and Tau, Covenant is led by a religious sect I believe and the Tau are governed by a leadership caste. But if you guys are breaking from tradition or changing aspects about them let me know. And I definitely don't know who governs The Ceph or the Minmatar Republic
Also give me just a general idea of how your empire functions. Maybe what races or tribes or groups makes up your population. You don't have to go too in depth if you don't want to, but give me enough so I can fashion events that will happen to you while you're trying to navigate a fragile coalition
>>
>>1219323
>>1219369

Err... didn't I only get in because the Tau had gone MIA or whatever? If the Tau are back is that too many players again? Obviously I'd rather play now I've put the effort in to design stuff, but I'll back out if only one of us can play, as he was here first.
>>
>>1219382
I was trying out 4 players including myself because other games I've run I had 5-6, and it got super complicated towards the end. It was fun and fascinating, but a little taxing. But its actually a good thing you joined because I'm going to try taking a less active roll in the game so I can focus more on GM stuff for your factions. It works out in the end
>>
>>1219396

Sure, as long as you're cool with it. I know how hard to manage games can get as the player count goes up.

In that case, extra question. For my fighter I'm thinking this set up:

Fighter: Banshee
Unit Size- 3
Weapon Class- 3 (base 5, reduced by 2)
Armour Class- 3 (base 4, reduced by 1)
Training Level- 2
Unit Cost- ?

Assuming reducing the stats takes off a point per reduction, they end up at 14 per unit size. This seems quite a cost considering the stats are now equivalent to a medium vehicle, cost 9 with the same stat-line.

Would a reduction of 2 cost per reduced stat be better? Then it'd end up 11 per unit size.
>>
>>1219427
Yup, I'll okay that. I've never had a player opt for the reduction-in-exchange-for-cost-bonus before, so it's an untested method. Balancing needs become extremely apparent after about the 3rd battle, because Players usually have a favored army makeup (There's always a min maxer player who spams one unit type just to see if they can and win) So we'll tweak it if we need to after the first couple battles, which really just serve as a way for you to test out how you want to operate your armies and fleets
>>
File: Heavies.jpg (957KB, 1987x1646px) Image search: [Google]
Heavies.jpg
957KB, 1987x1646px
So I've already demonstrated Fighters, bombers and Specials are next. Special is honestly your choice. I usually always play the Earth Empire Faction, and for my Special I just make a giant mech for fun. Pic related. Just do whatever, or if you don't feel like making a Special Inter-Orbital unit, you can leave it at Bombers and Fighters

Bombers though, as I mentioned in >>1216861
really just function as more powerful fighters. An example
>Warwomb Ship
UN: 3 (unit cost for bombers is 20)
UF: 6 (Fighters start at lvl 6 without cost penalty)
UA: 4 (still really low, they start at Armor lvl 4)
UT: 1
UC: 60
Again, that's without using any perks, as you have 3 you can spread around the 3 Inter-Orbital Unit classes

In a while I'll detail the Fleet Units. There's a huge stat jump between Fleet units and pretty much everything else, but you guys probably already have a handle on how their stats will look
>>
What difference does the unit number make? What's the difference between 3 units with UN1 and UC20, compared to 1 unit with UN3 and UC 60?
>>
>>1219522
The difference has to do with something called "full unit bonuses" "unit wipes" and how you're going to be using those units. There are players here who have Infantry Units with just 1 guy in the unit, and that's fine because they're going to let their Assault class soak up damage and use the UN1 classes for support roles (usually)

Unit Number is basically unit health, and although there's no real difference stat wise between 3 units with UN1 and UC20 and 1 unit with UN3 and UC60, the first one is probably going to get "wiped out" a lot if you're not careful. The UN3 guys have a higher chance of surviving and relishing their UN number (health) which is also cheaper then buying new units

Now upon hearing this you may be tempted to give a class UN20 or something like that, and although you can do that, I also promise you'll almost never be able to afford them
>>
I'm back.
>>1219262
Alright, but i don't understand the price raise of the Tripod.
Shouldn't the formula be UN(12)+UF(3)+UT(3)=(18), doesn't the perk reduce the UN cost to 3 UN?
>>
>>1219369
My Ceph faction is a dictatorship.
>>
>>1219549
Can you tell me about how combat will work? I'm interested in how some special might work, such as troop transports or perhaps a drone carrier.
>>
>>1219691
With Infantry the perk basically gives you 2 free units. With armor, it's only 1. Inter-Orbital units the perk reduces the price by 10
>>1219749
Combat begins by choosing which of 3 possibly roles your units enter: Point and Support and Vanguard.
Usually players put all their Assault Class units into Point and every other type of Unit in support. Delicate, commander type units go in Vanguard where they can safely use their abilities.
Point is the "front", these are the units who are going to soak up damage. If you're in point, and your lvl 1 training, you can only attack enemies who are in their version of "Point". Not the support who are "behind" them or the vanguard in the rear.
cont.
>>
>>1219797
Oh, alright the tripod is fine like that.
Can you bump up the devastator's UN to 3?
And i missed >>1216579
when i was building my Quad walker so can you increase the UF and UA by 1?
>>
>>1219797
But if you're training lvl 2 and in point, you can attack support units
Support exists for Recon and Powerful but fragile units. They too can only attack enemies in the enemies' version of Point. Training lvl 2 allows you to attack Support units, but the success threshold is much higher then say if you were in Point and attack Support. This is because between your Support and the Enemies Support there's a farther distance.
Vanguard units can only attack Point even after lvl 2 training. There was one Player who made an artillery unit and spent the points for a special ability that allowed him to attack anywhere, which was funny to watch but a little overpowered
cont.
>>
>>1219817
If you destroy all the enemy units in Point, then you get to "move up" and enemy units in enemy Support suddenly find themselves in Point. Likewise, Vanguard units suddenly find themselves in Support. Think of Point, Support and Vanguard as 3 lines you're trying to push past.
Now you're probably wondering what Training lvl 3 does. A unit works together, and up until Lvl 3 they can only attack another unit. Once you're level 3 training though, you can choose to split up your rolls between different enemy units.
So if you had an Infantry Unit in Point with UN:6 and UT:lvl 3, then you could have half the unit roll against an enemy in enemy Point and the other half roll against an enemy in enemy Support.
>>1219816
you got it, I'll update the PDF
>>
>>1219749
As far as troop transports and drone carriers go, deployment isn't really a factor beyond picking between Point, Support and Vanguard
>>
Here are my Inter-Orbitals

>Inter-Orbital (IO) class.
>Ceph Warrior(Fighter).
>Unit Number: 3
>Unit Firepower: lvl 6 PERK
>Unit Armor: lvl 4
>Unit Training: 2
>unit cost: 51

>Ceph Bomber. (Please use Supreme commander cybran dragonfly for the pic)
>Unit Number: 4
>Unit Firepower: 7
>Unit Armor: 5 (How much will UA 6 cost?)
>Unit Training: 3 PERK
>Unit Cost: 88

What's the base cost of the special?
>>
>>1219913
Ceph bomber cost is actually 92, sorry.
>>
>>1219913
Base price of the Special Inter-Orbital Units depends on what you want to do. If you just want a ship that's better then a bomber then it'll probably be 24. If you want to build something crazy or creative with special abilities, let me know and we'll work it out based on what it can do
>>
>>1219971
http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/Aeon_Experimental_Flying_Fortress
I want this.
>>
>>1219982
Nice. It seems to just be a weapon platform that can create Fighters right? The whole creating units thing is easy, a special ability like "Mobile Factory" or something, and you can also give it a high Unit Armor level as well as a high Unit Firepower level. It'll be an really expensive unit, but probably useful and fun to play. If you want to make it like I just described we'll say base unit cost is 30 and it's UA and UF start at lvl 6
>>
>>1220055
What about giving it the ability to also carry and repair other units?
>>
>>1220087
Carrying won't really factor into combat just because of how combat is set up. But if you wanted to give it a repair ability we'll say Base Cost of 36

Also, you mentioned The Ceph were a dictatorship, I just need a bit more info. Are they a homogeneous culture? Are they composed of anything that could be described as tribes, races or ethnicities? If you don't know we'll say there's different tribes, or colonies, or hives or pods or what have you within the Ceph. Also, are they religious? Any random stuff like regime sponsored sports leagues? All this will factor into the type of stuff you have to deal with while youre running your Empire
>>
>>1220118
The lore of the pseudoCeph i had planned for was for a civ idea like HHQ, they would have started with a fleet with the population being on an arkship/arkships.

I was thinking the Ceph home planet was divided between 2-4 separate powers who were in a cold war when they found out there was a coming disaster that was going to render their system inhospitable, So they decided to rush development of space in the guise of the cold war so they could build interstellar mobile factory arkships that would preserve their race. They succeeded and got out but soon the ideological and selfish bickering of the faction leaders who had guarantied their seat on the fleet through political power endangered the fleet, so one admiral(The one who anons would control) decided to kill them. This action lead to revealing to the civilians the dangers of conflict within the fleet which resulted to the unification of the factions, the removal of the leaders and the admiral becoming the leader of the rest of the Ceph race.

But this is your quest not mine so you get to decide what their lore is, i only care that the Ceph have a single leader and they are homogeneous.
>>
>>1220118
As for religion, i don't think they should. I was planning another Civ quest that would have the anons control a A.I. built by fanatically religious aliens, said aliens would be extinct due to their planet being in a barren sector of space that would lead to a depressing realization that the planet they had was the only one they would ever live in, soon leading to war and extinction. because of that i never planned for the Ceph to have any form of religion.
>>
>>1220309
That's fine, I can totally craft events and issues based on what you gave me, I just needed a feel on how I can introduce problems and opportunities options in your Empire
>>
File: cov aircraft.png (587KB, 1229x830px) Image search: [Google]
cov aircraft.png
587KB, 1229x830px
>>1219369

Going back to this, the Covenant are a theocratic oligarchy, led by the race called the Prophets. The Elites also take a secondary role in government, but also make up the military leadership. Other species have variable social standings, down to the Grunts, who are basically slaves. Although position in society in largely set by which species you are, within the limits available to your species they are largely meritocratic.

Also aircraft. Spent all the perks on cost reductions because lots of ships and air-superiority has always been a big thing for the Covenant.
>>
File: Chancellor Marik.jpg (67KB, 586x796px) Image search: [Google]
Chancellor Marik.jpg
67KB, 586x796px
>>1219369
Chancellor Marik leads the senate of the Minmatar Republic, where the clans and noble houses determine the fate of their nation. Long ago the Minmatar were slaves to a larger empire, but during the Federation Wars they rebelled and fought home their freedom. The former slaves created clans that would later function much like noble houses, and each clan has multiple representatives in the senate.
>>
File: Empress Volara.jpg (102KB, 732x794px) Image search: [Google]
Empress Volara.jpg
102KB, 732x794px
>>1221953
The face of the Republic is Empress Volara, who only functions as a sort of mascot, but has a large sprawling palace with numerous royal guards, close to the senate building. Most citizens of Minmatar look up to the Empress in an almost religious fashion, stating that she is the heart of all the Minmatar, and without her they would be lost.
>>
File: Merc.jpg (6KB, 129x156px) Image search: [Google]
Merc.jpg
6KB, 129x156px
>>1221954
While the sprawling cities are magnificent to look at, they also house a large underground of mercenaries and criminals. These are considered problems by the state, but are often "rehabilitated" as frontline soldiers and armour operators.
>>
Quick question before i go to sleep.
What can a unit with UN1 and UT 3 do? Can it only attack one enemy?
>>
File: Minmatar Republic.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Minmatar Republic.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
Updated Minmatar full-feature PDF
>>
>>1221980
Yes, they can only attack one enemy. But the other factor training effects is how susceptible you are to Recon class's dickery. Speaking from personal experience, there's nothing worse the having an expensive commander unit get wiped out by a Recon Unit before the battle even starts. So Training lvl 3 would definitely protect you in that regard. You just wouldn't have split attacks
>>
>>1222157
Nice, you actually demonstrated an effective way to use drop ships, I've never seen that before but it works. As far as calculating the cost, I noticed you didn't mark if you were using any perks on your Inter-Orbital units, if that's by design then let me know and I'll figure out the dropship cost. Also, perfect readout on the government, this gives me a lot to work with.
>>1221941
This is good, I'd forgotten some of the nuisances of the Covenant. About your IO units though, you can't actually put a perk on Unit Cost, it goes on Unit Number. For infantry that gives you 2 free Units, for Armor it gives you 1. For IO units it just reduces the cost by 10. So if you wanted to specialize in air superiority, you could put all three perks in the Phantom Unit size and that would reduce the cost by 30. Or you could spread them out among the three types and reduces each of their costs by 10. Or any combination of that
>>
>>1222387

I did just reduce the cost of each by ten, I just put the word 'perk' next to the cost rather than the unit number. I'll move it over if that's where it's meant to be.

I assume you can't make units cost nothing by stacking perks?
>>
We're going to move on to Fleet units and then we're gonna start this thing. As I mentioned in a previous post there a huge jump in stats between IO units and Fleet Units. Fleet Units are big, expensive and powerful. Once again, 3 categories
Cruiser
Frigate
Special
Cruisers start at Unit Cost 40 and Armor and Firepower lvl 12
Frigates are 55 and start at lvl 15
Special is again, up to you. Players have used the slot to build everything from giant orbiting fortresses the size of a small moon to friggin capital ships that are just as big. You can also skip special if you want, because a fleet full of frigates and cruisers is going to be plenty powerful on its own

Also, just to really get gearing for the beginning of this, roll 1D10 to determine the number of planets in your starter system. Don't worry if you get a low number, in the 40 years since the collapse of the old coalition there have been many systems and planets looking for a new protector against encroaching terrors
>>
>>1222399
Ah! I see now, I just noticed you reduced some stats to give a cost bonus. Yeah no that's all good then, you can keep the perks as is it's all the same
>>
>>1222404

What effect do perks have for fleets? A reduction to cost the same as for air units?
>>
>>1222413
Yes, subtract 10. Perks are less effective in that regard, but it I've seen fleets that were able to build 4-5 additional frigates then their coalition partners, which may not sound like a lot but once the battles really start going you'll want every ship you can get. But increasing Armor and Firepower with perks is also still useful
>>
>>1222418

How many points of firepower or armour can you get for free per perk?
>>
>>1222418
Can special skills only be applied to special class units?
>>
File: Ceph Units.pdf (633KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Ceph Units.pdf
633KB, 1x1px
>>1222425
Just 1 lvl per perk. I should mention that if you have a Firepower lvl 5 and you're going up against an Assualt unit with Armor 1, your success threshold goes down by 4, which means you will definitely kill the assault units. You also have the option of rolling normally against the Assault class, but rolling 4 dice per member of your unit. So you can either blow one particular member of a unit to pieces, or you can rain hell on 4 of them at the same time.
>>1222444
Yes generally I only allow special abilities in the Special Class, but if you've got something in mind run it by me and I'll probably greenlight it if it doesn't break the game or anything
>>
>>1222466
I was thinking of making the bomber class aircraft a missile carrier with the ability to attack twice in a battle.
>>
File: Tau4.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Tau4.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
How would my KV128 be priced?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

rolling for planets
>>
>>1222544
Ah so you're taking your special IO unit and turning it into another ground unit? I'll have to think on that and figure it out
>>1222591
Tau starter system is two planets. In cases like this I usually make one of them a friggin huge gas giant with multiple moons and the other medium size. You can name and detail your planets if you want or leave it to me
>>
Is training level limited to 3? Would there be any real benefits to going higher than this? I'm considering an ability for a fleet unit that would raise the training level of other units while it is with them, but if it would have no effect I'll work out another way to represent what's going on.
>>
>>1222618
I've never run a game going higher then 3 but we could say at lvl 4 you're immune to squad wipe effects and can attack 3 different ubits (assuming you have a UN of at least 3)
>>
I'm back and with my IO special.

>Inter-Orbital (IO) class.
>Ceph aircraft carrier. (Supreme commander aeon czar.)
>Unit Firepower: lvl 10
>Unit Armor: lvl 10
>Unit Training: 88 (Is this right?)
Special ability Mobile factory.
Special ability repair IO units.
>>
>>1223594
I'm also redesigning my bomber since i have a spare perk.

>Ceph Bomber.
>Unit Number: 4 PERK
>Unit Firepower: 7
>Unit Armor: 5
>Unit Training: 3 PERK
>Unit Cost: 82
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>1222466
I think that PDF would look better if you remove the quad walker pics, move the quad walker stats to the bottom and then put a Command & conquer 4 centurion pic and a universe at war hierarchy walker pic on the right.
Also your IO special name is much better than what i came up with so please use it.
>>
>>1223641
You got it, I'll make the adjustments to the pdf and post it in a while. So your starter system is also 2 planets. Like I said, you can name and describe it or leave it to me
>>
>>1223677
I'll leave it to you.
>>
>>1223641
>>1223677
Actually it might be better to use a NOD avatar instead of the NOD centurion for the pic, Which do you think is cooler?
>>
File: cov all units.png (3MB, 1376x3456px) Image search: [Google]
cov all units.png
3MB, 1376x3456px
Rolled 2 (1d10)

Right, I'm all done with ships now too. Made a couple of minor changes to other units as well, and included those.

Also, d10 roll for planets.
>>
File: cov all units.png (3MB, 1376x3456px) Image search: [Google]
cov all units.png
3MB, 1376x3456px
>>1225670

Sorry, that version is before I made some of my changes. Use this one.

Also, I'm as shit at rolling planets as Tau guy.
>>
File: Tau6.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Tau6.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>1225678
All us aliens are equally shit.
>>
Hey guys, looks like we're rearing and ready to go. These next couple days are going to be very busy for me, but I'll still be posting here and there as we finish up touches on the starter stats. I'm guessing in about a day or two at the most we'll kick things off with a new thread and begin. Ceph anon I'm working on your PDF still but it should be ready here in a day. Like I said if you want to design your planets and name them feel free, otherwise I'll take care of it
>>
>>1226307

I'd like my capital to be High Charity, the planetoid/Space Station City that was their canon capital. Although it was capable of flying around in their fluff, for this game I'd understand completely if you wanted it to be stationary. Beyond that I don't have any real preferences though.
>>
>>1226307
Alright, I'll be eagerly waiting.
>>
Here are my spaceships.

>Ceph Cruiser.
>Unit Firepower: 15
>Unit Armor: 15
>Unit Training: 1
>Unit Cost: 92

>Ceph Frigate.
>Unit number: 2
>Unit Firepower: 20
>Unit Armor: 20
>Unit Training: 2
>Unit Cost: 132

Don't know what to do for my specials and my perks so I'll put them in later.
>>
>>1226307
I will try to finish up quickly, got a bunch of stuff running right now. please link the new thread in here when it's opened, or i might not notice.
>>
File: Ceph Empire.pdf (766KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Ceph Empire.pdf
766KB, 1x1px
>>1232896
You got it Prime anon, if you could roll your planets then I'll start the new thread monday and you can post your finished PDF here in the Pre-Game thread. I'll also post a link to the new thread tomorrow
>>
File: Earth Empire.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Earth Empire.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
Rolled 6 (1d10)

And here's my faction just in case. I don't think I'll be using them much since we have 4 pretty damn solid Empires right now, but it always helps to have an extra faction on hand.

Just to go over some last minute things. I'll reintroduce this in the new thread tomorrow, but you four are the last empires in what was once a great coalition. You were small time when the Coalition was in its prime, but the alliance devolved into civil war that wiped the Orion sector clean of government and infrastructure. 40 years later, you're not so small.

The game starts after a momentous meeting between The Ceph Empire, The Tau Empire, The Covenant and the Minmatar Republic. You 4 have decided to divide up the old coaltion systems, and the vast majority of those systems have given you their blessing (not that you need it, you 4 have the largest military atm) You only occupy 1 system right now. But the beginning of the game will mostly involve you stretching your military might and claiming the systems you gave yourself during the Meeting of the New Coalition.

Be warned, the reason for the New Coalition is because of your knowledge of an Old Enemy stirring in the Western Sector. You 4 will have to work together, navigating a perilous transitional period and rapid expansion. Politics, War, and the Mysteries of the Universe are yours to explore
May your reign be long and prosperous
>>
>>1233162
What are the cost for my IO special and fleet special?
>>
>>1233181
42 cost for a Unit of Stormsurge and as for the Annihilator....I have never in my GM career seen a unit with that much firepower, it's doable, but it's going to cost a solar system to build. Let me think on that one and figure it out
>>
>>1233162
I'm going to go and lay out some additional game mechanics as we're gear up for Monday's game start. Further mechanics will be addressed as they come up

The thread will start with an intro post, then each of you will get a post detailing 5 issues facing your empire. These will range from politics, industry, commerce and military. You can either address all 5 issues, or you can "delegate" an issue if you're not sure. Delegating an issue to subordinates is risky. On the one hand your sub commanders and leaders might make the wrong decision. On the other hand they might make a very good decision. Delegating gives you the chance of creating "Hero" characters as well, which you get to choose. Also random choices you make can also result in hero characters of your choice. Heroes are basically units you can use to neatly solve situations, but they can mess up and die as well. Be thinking of heroes you might want to use

In the beginning you will get 20 resources (R) to spend as you see fit. Your system earns 20(R) each "turn". Turn length varies, depending on what's going on. The more planets you claim and more industries you establish or enhance, the more (R) you earn each turn.

You will also start with 1 of every unit type except for Assault and Cruisers. You get 2 of those.

You can move troops between planets and space stations on cruisers and frigates, or if you're reasonably sure of the safety of the journey you can draft a merchant ship to your cause.

Inter-Orbital fighting and Fleet fighting will be detailed when they come up, but they're pretty similar to how land combat works

Any questions you guys might have let me know, otherwise they'll be addressed in an aside when they come up
>>
>>1233214
So 42 for each unit not 42 for both units of stormsurge yes?
>>
>>1233369
Unit cost is 20 per UN. So two of them, plus unit training is 42
>>
>>1233059
It's here Huzza!
By the way, can you do these?
>>1219816
>>1223594
>>1223624
>>
>>1233414
Yup sorry totally missed those posts. Will do
>>
File: Minmatar Republic.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Minmatar Republic.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
Alright so i got everything in order and tried to make it fit with your style, not sure if it works tho.
Also i will no longer go by Minmatar Prime, but rather by Chancellor Marik for lore reasons.
>>
>>1233536
Hell yes, it's beautiful. Do roll for your starter planets when you get a chance
>>
I'm going to go ahead and start the new thread and link it here, because I forgot how long it takes to set up Faction Scenarios. I'm going to start with the scenario post for Ceph anon, then go Tau, Covenant and finally Minmatar (the order is just based on how much research I need to do for the scenarios) I'd prefer if you waited till all 4 faction's Scenario posts were posted before giving your answers, as it's easier for me to keep track of them that way. All 4 players posts will take the evening and the next day to fully post, as I'm about to get into a busy week, but we should be good for you to start posting your replies by this time tomorrow

There are still a few PDF changes to work out, so feel free to keep checking this thread for game mechanic updates and OOC posting

I've also included youtube links of the soundtracks I listened to while doctoring up your scenarios. They're the themes I think of when I envision your faction. Give em a listen while your read the scenario posts, and feel free to suggest other soundtracks to accompany future scenario posts

Keep your trips on, as there's always some confused anon who wanders in and doesn't realize there's already four accepted players and an entire previous thread

I want to say good job guys, you rose to the challenge of nation building beautifully. Your PDF's are on point, and honestly this is one of the most interesting combinations of Sci Fi factions I've seen. Now the real battle begins, I hope your guys' coalition prospers, and lasts
>>
>>>/tg/1235096
New Thread, let the game begin
>>
>>1235096
>>
Switching up Covenant and Minmatar order because the Tau and Covenant are both collectivist factions
>>
>>1235485
Very exciting! I'll try to roll up some planets and stuff.
/roll 1d10
>>
>>1236064
Well I clearly don't know how to do this lol, trying to figure it out from my phone is a bit wobbly. If I haven't found out next time you are on, just roll me up some.
>>
>>1236073
Roll+1d10
>>
>>1236086
dice+1D10
>>
Rolled 3, 3 = 6 (2d6)

>>1236689
Oh right i have to put it in the options, this has been quite the adventure. Gonna do a bit of an update on some characters for the Minmatar, mainly some named people that might be relevant in the story.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>1236691
and of course i rolled the default number, lemme try again...
>>
File: Minmatar Republic.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Minmatar Republic.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>1236699
Alright so four planets, seems alright enough.
Here is the updated Minmatar Full-feature PDF, as Chancellor Marik, i rule through a senate consisting of representatives from the different houses and subhouses, so this will most likely be the ones presenting me the "choices" i have (think of like the senate on coruscant or something).
>>
>>1236742
Sidenote, if a lot of players want to join in the adventure, i would not mind having them play as Empress Volara or Grand Marshall Kyras Drak, heck maybe even as the leader of the Bootstrap Backwater. Would be fun to have a bit of duality in the empire if you would allow it.
>>
>>1236745
I'd allow for some guest appearances as special government characters if there's some interest shown, I'd have to work out how that would look
>>
>>1237766
I will need a final cost to the Tau Annihilator because I have a viable alternative to it if it costs too much.
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.