[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Fighter Quest-#001

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: image.png (10KB, 362x106px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10KB, 362x106px
Street Fighter Quest-001

Quest Info:
A pretty open ended quest based on the game series: Street Fighter. Namely Street Fighter Alpha. Actions are given and voted on, but suggestions for future fights/actions are highly recommended. As it continues, the story will be logged in a viewable Google doc in case you missed out.

-----------

001: A Fighter Rises!

Your name is Lucas Mars, a young fighter who grew up in a rural town. You became obsessed with fighting when some foreigner, you recall his name might've been Ryu, or Rayu? Ragu? It's distant. Nonetheless you watched him take on some street punks with a power you'd never seen before. He was apparently a well known fighter, who even beat the King of Muay Thai once. Pretty inspiring. People think you're odd for training so hard, but you feel it's worth it for the thrill of training to be the best at something. Life out here was always pretty boring, but maybe this profession could turn things around.

You've recently saved up enough money to travel by plane to begin traveling the world as a Street Fighter. Your first stop, Japan and E.Honda. You'll show that sumo wrestler the full strength of your...

Your...

What fighting style did you even train in, anyways?

A: Ansatsuken (Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Etc)
B: Airforce Martial Arts (Guile/Nash)
C: Muay Thai (Sagat/Yun/Yang)
D: Other (specify character)
>>
>>1212811
>B: Airforce Martial Arts (Guile/Nash)
I'll bite. Lets see how this goes.
>>
>>1212811
D: Street Boxer(Dugly with some Cody mixed in)
>>
>>1212811
>other
HEMA
>>
>>1212828
Fuck didn't see the specify character
Can we do it anyways OP?
>>
File: IMG_1751.jpg (359KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1751.jpg
359KB, 900x1200px
>>1212825

You had me at Dudley.

----------

That's right! A Street Boxer. Learning came pretty naturally. Seeing as there were a lot of boxing matches in your small town. You became well known for your more refined style.

You get through the airport, and onto the plane. As it takes off you look around at the other travelers. They all look like the generic types, businessmen or vacationers. But one seems to stand out wearing a blue and yellow uniform and... Impossibly massive thighs. She's sitting across from you.

Maybe strike up a conversation?

A:Politely greet

B:Stare

C:Question her

D:Ignore her
>>
>>1212855
B:Stare
>>
>>1212855
>A:Politely greet
>>
>>1212855
>D
>>
>>1212855
Aw shit, Street Fighter Quests are always awesome.
>B:Stare
>>
>>1212855
>D
>>
>>1212858

You decide not to be a creep. Though it's hard to keep your eyes off the megalegs of this woman. You lean over and say hello to her. She notices, smiles and does the same.

"Hey there, stranger... Looks like we both have business in the sunrise lands. I'm Chun-Li... What's your name?"

She's definitely chipper, but you notice that she has a gun holster. With a matching gun! Is she some kind of police officer? You more nervously tell her your name but you're not sure how the conversation can keep up.

A:Ask about gun

B:Try to drop it
>>
>>1212866
>B: Try to drop it
>>
>>1212866
>B:Try to drop it
So, elephant in the room; do votes not matter or something? Because so far neither of the votes you've written up had a majority.
>>
>>1212866
>B:Try to drop it
>>
>>1212884

You rely on humor as an escape. You make an airline food joke and she chuckles. Perfect timing to turn back to the window.

The fight would be at midnight in Japan. Should you:

A:Sleep

B:Review techniques

C:Explore the plane
>>
>>1212885

META

I've tried to go as fast as possible, so I take the first couple of suggestions and go with my gut. I'll try to slow down and gauge the majority next time. Thank you for notifying me!
>>
>>1212900
Good to know. As another notification, your ID has changed and you've lost yer trip.

>>1212897
>A:Sleep
Rest while we can.
>>
>>1212897
>A:Sleep
>>
>>1212908
>>1212912

You drift off to sleep pretty fast. Always a heavy sleeper.

Of course with sleep comes dreams. You dream of GunThigh lady, oh wait her name was Chun-Li right? You also see Ryu. Some other faces appear, an army guy with weird blonde hair, some girl in a sailor fuku, a girl in a doll getup, among several others. but prominently, you were all fighting some obvious dictator looking fellow. He had no eyes...

You awaken pretty suddenly as a plane attendant rushed you to get off the plane. Looks like you were out for awhile. Nobody is left on the plane. You check the time, it's...

11:30 PM! You'll be late to the venue!

What should you do!?

A:Taxi

B:RUN LUCAS RUN!
>>
>>1212936
>B:RUN LUCAS RUN
>>
>>1212936
>B:RUN LUCAS RUN!
>>
>>1212936
>A:Taxi
>>
File: IMG_1752.jpg (359KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1752.jpg
359KB, 900x1200px
>>1212939

>>1212937

You run like hell, almost forgetting your bags.

You run your techniques and strategies through your brain in anticipation as you hurry through crowded streets...

-SPECIAL MOVES LIST-

JET UPPER: Reversal uppercut. Goes straight up lightning fast, great reaction to most basic air attacks.

CROSS COUNTER: You've always been sturdy, so taking a hit is no problem, and you can even counter it with this technique! Doesn't work against energy based special attacks from opponents!

RUFFIAN KICK: Your best surprise tool, can be delivered in three ways, low, high and vertically!

SUPER: CORKSCREW BLOW: A great forward blow that sends foes back. Pretty much your go-to whenever you get a heavy hit and have the energy to spare!

-LIST END-

You're still running pretty late. But you're almost there... Suddenly you see a shadowy figure land in front of you. On closer inspection, it seems to be a blonde girl in a grey suit and red hat... Odd... She stares you down angrily, blocking your path. You don't have time for this!

A:FIGHT!!!

B:Question this mysterious assailant!

C:Keep on running!
>>
>>1212990

META

Note: will be awhile before I can continue. Practice is 2 hours. So if the thread ends, I will continue with the google doc available to those who wish to know what went down in this thread. Sorry if there's inconveniences and I hope to continue as fast as possible!

(Also, I'm on mobile. So my ID changes constantly.)
>>
>>1212936
Run!!
>>
>>1212990
>Question,
then
>FIGHT
This da street, nigguh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGw8DWctAts
>>
>>1212990
>C:Keep on running!
Yell, "I'll fight you later!"
>>
>>1212990
Disregard shadaloo interference. Get to fight.
>>
>>1212990
Keep running but prepare the counter technic just in case
>>
>>1212990
>>
File: IMG_1754.jpg (31KB, 301x261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1754.jpg
31KB, 301x261px
>>1213032
>>1213026
>>1213022
>>1213020
>>1213011

I'm back. Let's haul ass!

------------

You have no time to be mugged. You bumrush past her, she seems surprised and just stares after you. You look back once more and she's disappeared. How odd...

You reach the venue in time. There's a few crowds lined up, all in favor of their Sumo champ. You don't have any supporters (YET!) but you'll give it your all anyway.

E.Honda. He stands tall (and wide) on the stage. He doesn't look too intimidated, seeing as you showed up five minutes late. You look to the audience. You spot Chun-Li there, but don't really think you should wave. Why was she even here?

"Alright, here's how it goes!" The referee breaks your thoughts. "Since this is Mr.Honda's arena, it's his rules. A knockout isn't the only way to win a round... you can also knock your opponent out of the ring. Understood?"

That sounds unfair, before you can protest the bell is sounded...

>NOBODY BLINK
>GO FOR IT, MAN!

The first round begins.

Honda already moves forward. Head first. You don't question how it's possible, but need an answer to the attack. Think fast!

You: 100% HP/0% Super meter
E.Honda: 100% HP/0% Super Meter

A:Sidestep

B:Special move (specify)

C:Attempt to parry (author rolls 2 6d, if sum is above 8, parry successful! Get a free counterattack worth more damage and extra meter! If fail, take double damage)

D:Panic
>>
>>1213549
>A:Sidestep
>>
>>1213549
C:Attempt to parry (author rolls 2 6d, if sum is above 8, parry successful! Get a free counterattack worth more damage and extra meter! If fail, take double damage)
We got this dudes
>>
>>1213549
>C:Attempt to parry (author rolls 2 6d, if sum is above 8, parry successful! Get a free counterattack worth more damage and extra meter! If fail, take double damage)

Might as well give it a go.
>>
>>1213654
>>1213643

You can use his attack against him, you think. But you gotta time it juuuuuuuust right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKxknkD5o24
>>
Rolled 1, 6 = 7 (2d6)

>>1213689

Whoops wrong command

ROLL IT
>>
>>1213698
So close
>>
>>1213698

You screw up the timing, big. You're knocked back further than you would be if you'd just blocked. But you're still up. And very pissed as the audience laughs.

You: 75%HP/30%Meter (Status:Enraged)
Honda: 100%HP/23%Meter

A:Rush forward and strike surprisingly (RUFFIAN KICK)

B:Play it safe, approach slow.

C:Throw out a special and hope for the best!!!

D:Wait patiently and try to Parry again. (Please don't...)
>>
>>1213745
>A:Rush forward and strike surprisingly (RUFFIAN KICK)

Screw caution.
>>
>>1213745
A:Rush forward and strike surprisingly (RUFFIAN KICK)
>>
>>1213745
>A:Rush forward and strike surprisingly (RUFFIAN KICK)
>>
>>1213938
>>1213826
>>1213791

You rush forward as Honda laughs, distracted. You deliver a vertical kick that sends him into the air, then seal the deal with JET UPPER. The combo puts him at the very edge of the ring. A simple mixup should send him over it. You can take the round easily, that way.

He starts to stand, panting. Time to finish round one!

You:75%HP/100%Meter
Honda:45%HP/100%Meter

A:SUPER ATTACK, PUSH HIM BACK!

B:Let him up, this could be interesting...

C:Write in!
>>
>>1215703
>SUPER ATTACK
I wanna choose our super if possible sempai.
>>
>>1215705

At the moment, Lucas only has one.

(But that's not to say he won't learn more :3)
>>
>>1215711
Which would that be lucky bb?
>>
>>1215713

>CORKSCREW BLOW

A super belonging to Dudley from SF3. Its good because you can combo it from virtually anything so I chose that to start off since the character is a Street boxer by request.
>>
File: IMG_1753.jpg (718KB, 3072x1234px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1753.jpg
718KB, 3072x1234px
>>1215705

Alright! CORKSCREW BLOW!!!

You put all the power into your left fist. The opponent is barely able to block, but doesn't realize that the intent wasn't to hit. You've knocked him outside the ring and taken round one!

-SCORE-
Vital-75
Time-4 turns/600
Tech-0
----------

>BEAT EM UP, GUYS!
>GO!!!

Round 2 begins.

Honda stares you down, not making a move this time. You really wonder what goes on in his brain. Or how he can basically fly head first like that. You should make a move.

A:Go forth and attack

B:Staring contest with E.Honda

C:Write-in!
>>
>>1215759
B:Staring contest with E.Honda
>>
File: image.png (305KB, 577x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
305KB, 577x480px
>>1215761

You see how long you can stare at Honda without blinking.

This goes on for a solid two minutes before Honda finally snaps his eyes shut.

You win???

"Come on, stay focused!" He yells. He starts to run toward you, when he enters attack range he starts to strike with his hands. Very quickly. You can barely block and it doesn't seem like the barrage will stop. You have to beat it somehow...

A:JET UPPER and pray

B:Try to duck out

C:Parry grab

D:Write-in!
>>
>>1215781
>A; Jet Upper
No need to pray, he'd never expect it.
>>
>>1215793

Honda seems pretty confident in attack speed, but you're still stronger. You drive your right fist through the blows to counter. As expected, it's a direct hit. You seem to understand his gameplan now. He wants to be as close and in control as possible. The trick is to keep pushing away at him.

So, now that everything's back to normal. It's time to go on the attack!

You:88%HP/65%Meter/12%Chip
Honda:80%HP/100%Meter

(Chip damage is damage taken from blocking. While it can kill you, spending turns dodging recharges it and successfully parrying recharges it instantly.)

A:Special move

B:Attempt to bait a cross counter (Same rules as a parry apply, but if successful, take chip damage equal to the double damage you would have taken)

C:Taunt

D:Parry

E:Write-in!
>>
META

Since we're wrapping stuff up with the first fight and the thread is possibly rushing towards oblivion, I'd like to improve for future actions. Especially the battle "system"

So I put together a little survey. Will be good to use on the next thread.

https://docs.google.com/a/eanesisd.net/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdVkjabi9GyN9Zs5_pXR703Fm3BDtXmHReSN9hvbmkX-QCWEw/formResponse
>>
File: image.jpg (202KB, 1200x890px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202KB, 1200x890px
>>1215834

You decide to have some fun with this, you mockingly stomp your feet on the ground like a stereotype sumo. You guess it pisses him off so bad that he just goes for the flying headbutt. You know better now, though. Stepping to the side and delivering a swift reverse kick as he passes by. He flies completely out of the ring, knocked out as well. The crowd is mostly silent before becoming uproarious.

“Well, nobody thought this newcomer was worth anything, but Lucas Mars is the winner… And advances up on the ladder!” The referee shouts.

You're pretty proud of yourself, but you have to wonder…

Do all notable Street Fighters break physics like that?
---------
END OF #001
>>
>>1216044

Fun stuff. I'll try to make a note of following this in the future.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.