[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Mercs Quest #3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: In_The_Rain_by_SID75.jpg (93KB, 1127x682px) Image search: [Google]
In_The_Rain_by_SID75.jpg
93KB, 1127x682px
Discord: https://discord.gg/un6aawU
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AthinarOfJeno
Previous Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1162223/

Your name is Alex Navaal. You used to be a conscript in the Galvean Defense Force, before you got legally declared dead on your homeworld, crippled, and had to get your arms and legs replaced. You are now a mercenary aboard the SC Nero, part of a small group of independent mercenaries.

Previously on Space Mercs Quest....

You took a job for a Sheng Merchant-Lord, but after she had made her deal, mysterious gunmen had come after her. During the battle, you got shot in the head.
Due to the roll that caused the whole "getting shot in the head" incident, crit-fails will not override crit-successes, and I will try and tone down the effects of crit-fails. Sorry, but this was a learning experience.
>>
>>1210894
Get hype for Spess quess
>>
>>1210894
If you're concerned about crits (which are somewhat common in the current rolling system) screwing up your plans, perhaps you could consider adopting a different dice system in future threads? Just a suggestion, mind.
>>
>>1210894
Critical fails are fine, they should just have slightly less severe consequences than getting shot in the head and nearly dying.
>>
>>1210894
Also, you seem to have forgotten to update your copypasta. The previous thread is at http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1173237/ - you've linked the first thread by mistake.
>>
>>1211109
whoops.

Here's the archive.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Space+Merc
>>
File: feild_medic_by_dmitrys.jpg (107KB, 698x650px) Image search: [Google]
feild_medic_by_dmitrys.jpg
107KB, 698x650px
>>1210894

Beep.

What....

Beep.

Where are you?

The soft beeping of a heart monitor wakes you. Cracking open your eyes.... eye, you try to look around you. Feeling a weight on your right side, you turn your head, and see a dark, blurry shape. Trying to say, "Who's there," manage to let out a small, breathy groan that causes the figure to stir.

Hearing a small, tired yawn, you try and raise your head, but fall back to your pillow with a moan. Everything hurts.

"Alex?" Riley's voice comes from beside you. "Alex, are you awake?

"Mrghflgh." You give her a weak thumbs up. "Haff yoo ben he- gak." You're cut off by an impossibly tight hug, and a crying young woman.

"Alex you said you wouldn't be injured like this ever again after Galvea why did you do this why weren't you more careful I don't want you to get this hurt again please Alex!"

Sighing, you pat her head, and return the hug.

>"I'm sorry, Riley, I didn't mean for this to happen. But it's a part of the job."
>"Were you here the whole time I was out? How long was I out?"
>(Hug tighter.) "I'm sorry Riley, I won't let this happen again."
>Write-in.
>>
>>1211378
>>"I'm sorry, Riley, I didn't mean for this to happen. But it's a part of being in a quest with a QM who has crit-fail overrides."
>>
>>1211378
>>"I'm sorry, Riley, I didn't mean for this to happen. But it's a part of the job."
>>
>>1211422
oi

what'd I just say in the OP
>>
>>1211378
>"I'm sorry, I tried my best, Riley - textbook tactical withdrawal under covering fire - but I guess my best just wasn't good enough, huh?"
>"Maybe it's life's way of telling me to consider a holiday. Or retirement."
>"How's Dimitri? The client?"
>>
>>1211378
>"I'm sorry, Riley, I didn't mean for this to happen. But it's a part of the job."
>>

>Writing.
>>
>>1211378

>"Who...who are all you strange people? I have never seen you before in my life...
>>
>>1211378

Rubbing her head, you console her. "I-I'm sorry, Riley, I didn't mean for this to happen. But it's part of the job."

Riley doesn't say anything, and instead, hugs you tighter, head against your chest.

"How's Dimitri? The client?"

She mumbles something before responding. "What was that?"

"Dimitri's okay... and so is your stupid client.... but you're not..."

Sighing, you simply sit there, comforting her. It hurt like a bitch, and now everything aches, and now you have no left eye- wait, why is there metal in your eye socket?

"Uh, Riley? How long was I out, and why is there metal in my eye-hole?"

Sniffling, Riley says, "Y-you were out for about a week, I had to keep you under so we could repair the damage to your head... and then, the Sheng lady paid for a Cyberdoc to come in... you can get an implant... she gave you a replacement..."

>"That's pretty cool, right, Riley? I've got a robot eye now! Cheer up!"
>"Well, that's nice of her."
>"Cool. You holding up okay, now?"
>"Can you get Dimitri? I want to talk to him about what happened."
>Write-in.
>>
>>1211769
>internally screaming for lost humanity
>>
>>1211769
>>"Well, that's nice of her."
>>
Hmmm. I'm probably gonna leave this here, get some sleep soon. I'll leave voting open. Night.

Thread resumes in the morning EST.
>>
>>1211797
This
>>
>>1211769
>"Cool. You holding up okay, now?"
Look after the group. We're okay.
100% okay.
>>
>>1211769
"Well, that sucks."
>>
>>1211769
>"Well, that's nice of her."
literally shaking
>>
Update soon. I swear.
>>

>Writing
>>
File: 22341888958_23ebe860e1_o.png (484KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
22341888958_23ebe860e1_o.png
484KB, 500x514px
>>1211769
"That's pretty cool, right, Riley? I've got a robot eye now! Cheer up!" You smile, putting on a brave face for her.

"Don't worry, it's not a big deal! The replacement will do the same thing as the old one, and it might even be better!"

Riley looks up at you, and you wipe a tear off her cheek. "We-well... as long as you don't feel bad about it.... I suppose it'll be okay."

Nodding, you pat her head, and ask, "So, could you tell everyone I'm up? I mean, they'd want to know I'm awake."

Giving a little sniffle, Riley leaves the room, giving you one last concerned look before walking into the hall. As soon as you're sure that she's out of earshot, you curl into a ball, pulling your knees up to your chest, lying in the fetal position.

You keep losing.... bits of you. If you keep losing bits and pieces, will you stop being human anymore? Are you human now? God... you just lost your eye...You should've been careful. If only you were more careful.

This keeps happening to you. You're always a failure. You've always been such a failure. Nothing you try and do happens the way it should, and- you are interrupted by a soft Glaswegian accent, and a solid presence.

"Hey lass." You feel a man sit on the bed next to you, and a hand on your shoulder. "How're ye holdin' up?"

Looking up, you see Liam, the de facto leader of the crew and the owner of the SC Nero, looking at you with kind eyes.

>"I'm.... I'm fine."
>"Not too good."
>"......." (Stay silent.)
>Write-in.
>>
>>1214043
>>Write-in.
Just swell, Coming to terms that I'm becoming less human by the day is quite the enlightening experience. How are you doing by the way?
>>
>>1214043
>"I'm... close enough to fine."
>>
>>1214043
>"I... I could be worse, I suppose."
>>
File: 1485239045217.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485239045217.gif
89KB, 600x450px
Oh boy, I got votes, let's take a look at 'em-
>>
>>1214096
seconding
>>
>"I... I could be worse, I suppose."

>Writing.
>>
>>1214043

"I.... could be worse, I suppose."

Liam nods, lighting a cigarette. "Tha's always true. However, ah'm not askin' aboot how eht could be better or worse, ah'm askin' boot' how yer holdin' up, Allie."

Sitting up, you sigh, and look at the Glaswegian, snatching his cigarette, taking a long drag, before exhaling, blowing smoke into his face. He gives you a brief smirk before lighting up another cigarette,but the serious, earnest look in his eyes comes back quickly.

You never really were able to lie to Liam. Not like Rachel or Riley, where lying made you feel like a piece of shit, but lying to Liam was completely ineffectual. He immediately saw through whatever lie you tried to tell him, so eventually, you stopped even trying.

"It's just... I feel like I failed, and I'm losing my humanity with every bit and piece of me I lose. First my limbs and spine, and now my eye. What's next, my organs? My entire body? Hell, I could be a robot with a brain at the rate I'm going! And what's worse, Liam, is that this broke my promise to Riley back on Galvea. You saw her when she came to get you? She's scared, and frankly, so am I."

Taking a deep, shaky breath, you say, "I'm afraid of hurting Riley by getting hurt, and I'm afraid of losing something some day, and never being able to get it back."

Silent, Liam puffs on his cigarette, contemplating what you said.

"Allie, bein' able too ask me this quest'n is proof e'nugh taht ye dinnae need ta' woory 'bout it. Hon'stly, ye woory a wee bit too much." Patting you on the shoulder, Liam stands up. "Jus' try nawt tae get shot inna head, will ye? I quite like tha' pretty face a' yers." Winking, Liam leaves, strolling with the patience of a man who's seen it all, or, at least, most of it.

What he said did make sense, though. Try not to get shot, don't worry about it. Good plan.

From the hallway, comes a slight shuffling noise and the sound of several voices. After several seconds of waiting for whomever it is to come in, you wait patiently, for naught. No one enters. Rolling your eyes, you.....

>Try and walk out the door, see who's there.
>Go back to sleep.
>"Hey! You do know I can hear you, right?"
>Write-in.
>>
>>1214728
>>
>>1214728
>>Go back to sleep.
>>
>>1214728
Dem phonetic accents
>Go back to sleep.
This is getting outvoted, but damn it, we need rest.
>>
>>1214728
>>Try and walk out the door, see who's there.

Bring a gun. It might be a claw monster.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>rolling

1 = Go out.
2 = Slep.
>>
>>1214871

>Writing
>>
>>1214728

Stepping from the bed to the cold, cold metal floor in your bare feet, you briefly shiver as you walk across the medbay to the door. Why does it have to be so cold in the medbay? To make the patients suffer even more?

Anyways, you reach the doorway, peering out into the hallway. The noises are gone. Huh.

As you step out into the corridor, you are immediately smothered by three familiar people with a tight hug. Markus, Rachel, and Dimitri all stand around you, holding you tight.

Laughing, you ask, "Glad to see me, are you?"

Disentangling themselves, the three smile, glad you're awake.

Dimitri holds out a hand to hi-five, which you do . "Glad you're back in the land of the living, Alex. C'mon, let's get some food in ya."

Obliging, you walk to the mess hall with your friends, and talk until the wee hours, and generally have a good time.

It's good to be back.

---------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short, disjointed session run over several days. I'll make a longer thread next time, but right now, I have to sleep.

Night.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.