[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qst/ Plays Black Crusade #0: Preparation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

Lets get this party started.

Character Gen begins:
>Chaos Space Marine
>Disciple of the Dark Gods
>>
>>120788

>Disciple

Why not?
>>
>>120860
This
>>
>>120788
>>
>>120788
>>
>>120788
>Disciple

Being a large roided out psycho man does not interest me.

Being a small cunning psycho man (or woman, I suppose) does.
>>
>>120788
>Chaos Space Marine

y'all sissies
>>
>>120788
DO we go undivided or y'all favor one god?
>>
>>121442
Lets favor the One true Trickster
>>
>>121455
Eldar gods get out. you already have your harlequins
>>
>>121455
Agreed, let's go with Slaanesh.
>>
>>121442
>nurgle
Praise the plague father!
>>
>>121599
My brother
>>
>>120788
So when are we starting or is OP lost in the warp?
>>
>>120788
Khorne the blood god
>>
>>120788

>>121442
Tzeentchian. I'd prefer a heretek or psyker.
>>
>>121886
That's
Tzeentch: 3
Nurgle: 2
Slaanesh: 1
Khorne: 1

Unless we go Undivided, it look likes we serve the Changer of Ways, probably as a Heretik. Perhaps we are tired of the lack of innovation in the AdMech.
>>
another great potential quest abandoned?
OP if yer here at least tell us if ya dont want ta play
>>
>>122271
Nurgle
>>
>>122271
>Tzeentch
>>
>>122271
Slaanesh
>>
>>122271
>Tzeentch
>>
>>120788
>disciple of the dark gods
>Slaanesh
>>
>>122271
>Tzeentch
>>
>>120788

Which brave anon will step up and rescue this quest?
>>
>>124854
shit man, i wish i could but i need the core book. Let me see if i still have the e-book
>>
I think we should have a nice and civil conversation about why tzeentch is shit because every gift of his boils down to "hey look at this it's a... hey... hey Tom, what is this?" to which Tom answers "It's just another tentacle sir. We've been overstocked on tentacles for the last 20,000 years." and Tzeentch just turns to the audience and goes "It's a TENTACLE! Aren't I wacky?"
>>
>>124566
to be specific i want to be a fleshshaper of melancholia
>>
So most preferred to be Disciple.
Which role are ya?
>The Apostate (Human): An infiltrator and silver-tongued serpent, a powerful leader of the masses.
>The Renegade (Human): A warrior who survives on skill of arms rather than brute force.
>The Heretek (Human): One initiated into the mysteries of technology, a rebel from the cult of the Adeptus Mechanicus.
>The Psyker (Human): An unsanctioned and chaos-turned psyker, extremely powerful and infused by the warp.
>>
>>126690
Well,ill wait until tomorrow. If still no choice given then i think ill drop it or wait till the original GM reply
>>
>>126690

>apostate

The right word at the wrong time can destroy whole worlds
>>
>>126690
Psyker
>>
>>127695
>>127707

Oh and can you guys add the reason why did you became a heretic?
>>
>>127743
I'm not familiar with the setting unfortunately, but I say we did it because we're a rebel of some kind.
>>
>>126690
Psyker for lyfer
>>
>>126690
>Flesh Shaper of Melancholia
>>
>>127695
>>127707
>>127928
>>128781

So
1 apostate
2 psyker
1 flesh shaper

Psyker it is then.
Bear in mind i have never gm before.
>>
>>131929
Ill choose male by default,unless there are complaints
Pick a name. THe choice of serving the Gods will be given in the story.
What timezone are you guys in and when do you usually active? I am in Southeast asia timeline.
After the character creation is done, ill try to make a new thread
>>
>>132155
I prefer being a male character, and I use central US time but I periodically check on whatever quests I'm following, so as long as you link to the next thread from here, I'll eventually show up.
>>
>>120788
Chaos Space Marine
>>
File: Hive_City's_view.png (1MB, 922x577px) Image search: [Google]
Hive_City's_view.png
1MB, 922x577px
I have returned from the warp! Now, we begin!

Ah shit, I thought I deleted this. Sorry about that, my internet was going to shit and I decided to delete this because I knew I wasn't going to be around.

>>132155
Thanks for taking over while I was gone. If you want to take over, that is fine by me. Just let me know.

>>131929
>Male
>Psyker
>Tzeenchian

Classic. Let us begin:

>It is the 41st millennium, and the galaxy is at war.
>For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor of Mankind had sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by his will and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the vast Imperium of Man for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day so that he may never truly die.Yet even in that deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to humanity from aliens, heretics, mutants, and worse.

"Yet there are some who escape the chains."
The old man stares at the . His robes seem as old as he. His eyes, while not looking at you, shine a glimmer of something once lost that still remaining. By now his hair has fallen to the greying of old age, and his frame has weakened from a life time of struggle.

"Some, like you."
He turns around, looking towards you. His eyes stare at your figure as a passing light shines on you both.

"Who are you, psyker? What power do you hold, I wonder..."

>Enter Name
>Enter starting Psykic discipline

Note: We are still in character creation.

Again, sorry for abandoning this before.
>>
>>137063
Forgot to add these:
>Enter Common Lore (Any Two)
>Enter Trade (Any One)

Disciples of the dark gods automatically gain Linguistics (Low Gothic).
>>
>>137063
>Brother Chains
>Divination
>>
>>137063
You're back, awesome!

Name: John Freeman
Yeah, I suck at coming up with names. But I'll support any better idea if someone has one.

Discipline: Telekinesis
Get precision telekinesis, if someone has grenades on their belt we can pull all the pins from afar.

Common Lore
>Tech
>Screaming Vortex
Seem the most useful for helping us survive. I also considered adeptus astra telepathica, in the hopes of one day wreaking havoc by impersonating one of them.

Trade:
>Linguist
So we can decipher books of sorcerous knowledge, since they probably won't be written in ordinary low gothic.

>>137902
Supporting Brother Chains for name
>>
>>137902
>>137945
>Brother Chains
>Telekinesis
>Common Lore: Screaming Vortex
>Common Lore: Tech
>Trade: Linguist

Gotcha. Writing.
>>
>>137902
I think OP just wanted to get things moving, we can take divination asap when we get a little xp.
>>
>>121442
Tzeentch all the way my man
>>
File: 1497231-psyker.jpg (22KB, 273x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497231-psyker.jpg
22KB, 273x320px
>>137945
>>138044
The old man's wrinkled eyes close.

"I see."

The wind has picked up its pace. The smog that has been ravaging the lower hive swims across the spires with malicious intent.

"But we all have secrets, now dont we? Sooner or later, no matter how hard we hide, our truths come to light. So, Brother Chains..."

He turns to you, his eyes now an eerie blue. They stare at your soul. Judging, perhaps? No, no servant of chaos can judge his peer. Only learn what they can.

"What secrets do you own?"

>Enter Pride
>Enter Disgrace
>Enter Motivation
>Enter reason you joined chaos
>>
>>138167
I would like to note that my computer has been spazing out lately. So if I dont reply in 20 minutes after a post, it means I lost connection. If that happens, another person may take their place as GM/QM of the session.
>>
>>138167
>pride
devotion
>disgrace
Deceit
>motivation
dominion
>Enter reason you joined chaos
survival

>>138184
Thank fuck you came GM. I kept reading the core over and over,and i dont know how to start em.
>Internet constantly spaz
are you me?
>>
>>138167

>>138586
Wow, right before I finished this.
I was going to go with ascendancy as our motivation, because we gonna become a daemon prince, but this is also good.

Devotion I'm totally on board with, deceit is fine, I was going to say hubris but whatever.

Potential elaboration on how we joined Chaos:
We escaped from being put on a black ship, and as a rogue psyker Chaos was the only place that offered any promise of acceptance or refuge.
After meeting people who knew about Chaos, he learned to see his power as a gift from Tzeentch, something that set him above others, not beneath them.
Perhaps his escape from the Imperium was even made possible by a miracle from Tzeentch.
>>
>>138586
Maybe.
>Pride
>Deceit
>Dominion

Got it. Writing.

>>138643
Good idea. Will include.
>>
>>138661
>Devotion*
>>
>>138643
Becoming Daemon price is good too. I like how we all almost have the same idea.
But it is better we stay unaligned first then the gods whispers us what they want so it will be flexible to get exp. Use the colored letters for the will of the gods like [red]khorne[/red],[blue]tzeentch[/blue],[green]nugle[/green],[pink]slaneesh[/pink]

or that's how i was planning to run it
>>
>>138690
[red]khorne[/red]
[green]nurgle[/green]
[blue]birdgod[/blue]
>>
>>138719
Only OP can do that sadly, and it has to be the same ip they started the thread with.
Also those are the only colors, so no pink for Slaanesh.

And yeah, starting out unaligned is good. I think technically we have to anyway. But we should work towards earning a mark of Tzeentch to enhance our powers.
>>
>>138661
>>138667
Just as quickly as he gazed upon you, the old man looked away.

"I see. They took you for the black ships. But you were not to be cowed. You made your way out when others had fallen. They tried to put you down, but you managed to beat them. Then you met Brother Maurin. He sheltered you. He protected you. He taught you what you know now. He told you about my actions against the grand planner. Then, he sent you to find me. Well Brother Chains, as the great one had dictated, we meet."

The first rays of morning light crawl over the stone. The air begins to dance.

"Now then, let us begin."

A great psykic burst immediately envelopes him. You use your arms to shield yourself from the storming air that swings around you. He looks towards you, his tired breath now a blue hue.

"Shall we dance?"

>What say you, Psyker? Roll 1d100 for attempting whatever you will do.
Whatever happens next will kickoff the next thread.
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>138770
Is this a psychic sparring session?

Well either way, say
>"Very well"
and
>Attempt to raise a telekinetic shield
>>
>>138770
what's our weapon,power equipment?
we roll low yeah?
>>
>>138793
Yes, roll low.

Your current WP is 50, so >>138785 has succceeded. However, if you want to try something else, go ahead.

Equipment: Good Craftsmanship Sword, Flak Cloak, Psy-focus, and dataslate filled
with arcane lore.

We have 10 wounds.
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>138770
why not
supportan
>>138785

btw, do we have our own spell or we can choose any spell from spellbook. I never played 40k or psyker
>>
>>138830
As Telekinesis is the characters specialty, they will begin with a force field technique for free. All other psykic powers will be chosen shortly once I get a list of powers from the rulebook.

Here is Brother Chains CS:

Name: Brother Chains
Characteristics:
>WS: 33
>BS: 35
>S: 25
>T: 35
>Ag: 43
>Int: 36
>Per: 30
>WP: 50
>Fel: 39
>Inf: 36
>Wounds: 10/10
>Corruption: 4/100
>Equipment: Good Craftsmanship Sword, Flak Cloak, Psy-focus, and dataslate filled with arcane lore.
>>
>>138857
>Psykic Power List (Telekinesis)
>FORCE BOLT
Alternate Names: Kurnous’ Arrow, Mind-bullet, Destructive
Impulse, Furious Echo
Value: 200xp
Prerequisites: Mind over Matter
Action: Half Action
Focus Power: Ordinary (+10) Willpower Test
Range: 10 metres per Psy Rating
Sustained: No
Subtype: Attack

>FORCE STORM
Alternate Names: The Maiden’s Scorn, Witch-Barrage,
Telekinetic Onslaught
Value: 350xp
Prerequisites: Force Bolt, Mind over Matter
Focus Power: Diffi cult (–10) Willpower Test
Range: 10 metres per Psy Rating
Sustained: No
Subtype: Attack, Concentration

>MIND OVER MATTER
Alternate Names: Spectral Hands, Ethereal Motion
Value: 100xp
Prerequisites: None
Focus Power: Willpower Test; Special – See Below
Range: 5 metres per Psy Rating
Sustained: Half Action
Subtype: Attack (if used to throw target), Concentration

>PRECISION TELEKINESIS
Alternate Names: Subtle Will, Geisthand, Iridescent Grasp
of Edriané,
Value: 100xp
Focus Power: Challenging (+0) Willpower Test
Range: 5 metres per Psy Rating
Sustained: Half Action
Subtype: Concentration

>TELEKINETIC WEAPON
Alternate Names: Keenest Edge, Wyrd-knife, Ephemeral Razor
Value: 200xp
Focus Power: Diffi cult (–10) Willpower Test
Range: Self
Sustained: Free Action
Subtype: Attack, Concentration

You have 1500xp to spend, 500xp of which must be spent on psykic powers. The remaining XP can be used for talents and traits. Make your decision within 20 minutes, as well will then move on to the attack phase.
>>
>>138897
Mind Over Matter
Precision Telekinesis
Telekinetic Weapon
Force Bolt
>600 xp

Question: are we already considered aligned with Tzeentch for xp purposes?
>>
>>138941
Unfortunately, no. As we started as the regular Psyker, we start unalligned. However, at the end of every session we will do a count of favour, and if we have the most favour points with tzeench, we become tzeenchian aligned.
>>
>>138953
Okay, this actually works fine in this situation
>Toughness Advance (simple)
>Willpower Advance (simple)
That'll be 500 xp, leaving us with 400
I'll figure that out in a minute
>>
>>138972
I'm thinking we'll take
Forbidden lord (psykers)
Forbidden lore (daemonology)

We can gain 2 skills at basic level with 400 xp
Forbidden lore is Tzeentch aligned, and those 2 will probably be useful

Thoughts, anyone?

Oh, and we're going to have a hard time increasing toughness or strength once we go Tzeentch
>>
>>138941
>>138972
>>139013
Ill give 10 minutes before we proceed to check if everyone is in favour.

Nice choices, may I add. Have you played BC before?
>>
>>139040
Nope, I just have a piss-poor scan of the book. Kind of worried other players might be having difficulty if they don't have one.

I have played Rogue Trader and Dark Heresy though. Those were good times.
>>
>>139040
Sorry,just came from brunch.
Ill support what this>>139013 anon said just to lessen the time. Although i love papa nurgle, i have no experience playing 40k
>>
File: Psykic Spar 1.png (236KB, 683x350px) Image search: [Google]
Psykic Spar 1.png
236KB, 683x350px
>>139054
Indeed. Running around as inquisitors was fun. One time, on the first turn, an enemy psyker became a daemon host because fucking perils man.

>>139090
You'll learn eventually, anon. Just stick around and check out /tg/ if you have questions.

>>138785
>>138830
"Very well."
As the words leave your lips, you conjure a force field in case he attempts to attack while you speak. Your guess had been correct, as a volley of psykic bolts rush at you. Thankfully, your shield manages to block most of the attacks, although two manage to slip past and scratch at your robes.

"Interesting. Then my vision is not yet completely blind I see." The old man chuckles to himself.

>You have the initiative. What do you do?

Also, sorry for shitty paint art. I aint a good artist.
>>
>>139105
I was a fa/tg/guy anyways. got the tomes and core from there. anyways..

Telekinetic push him into the corner and use force storm while he's trapped

will there be warp phenomena?
>>
>>139105
Also Character sheet update:

>Name: Brother Chains
>Characteristics:
>WS: 33
>BS: 35
>S: 25
>T: 35
>Ag: 43
>Int: 36
>Per: 30
>WP: 50
>Fel: 39
>Inf: 36
>Wounds: 10/10
>Corruption: 4/100
>Equipment: Good Craftsmanship Sword, Flak Cloak, Psy-focus, and dataslate filled with arcane lore.
>Skills: Awareness, Psyniscience, Forbidden Lore +10 (Psykers), Forbidden Lore (Daemons), Deceive, Dodge.
>Talents: Psy Rating 3, Jaded, Weapon Training (Primary), Weapon Training (SP), Warp Sense, Psyker.
>Psykic Powers: Mind Over Matter, Precision Telekinesis, Telekinetic Weapon, Force Bolt.

>>139125
Roll d100. If its a double, then there is a phenomena.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>139105
Maintain the shield and throw a force bolt of our own.
>>
>>139144
Made a mistake:
>T: 40
>WP: 55
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>139144
unfettered?
Papa nurgle bless me
>>
>>139152
If its reassuring, I take the lowest of 5 rolls.

>>139159
Papa bless.

Writing.
>>
File: Psykic Spar 2.png (267KB, 683x350px) Image search: [Google]
Psykic Spar 2.png
267KB, 683x350px
>>139152
>>139159
>2 Degrees of Success

You see your opportunity and manage to focus your will onto the old man's chest. The wind is blown out of him as he staggers and falls onto the edge of the balcony.

Before he can rise, you manage to conjure a force bolt.....
>>
Rolled 2 + 8 (1d10 + 8)

>>139233
Forgot to roll.

Also, My internet is getting to shit. So after the next post, a new thread will be made next Saturday at 12:00 Eastern time because im an owl faggot.
>>
>>139267
where you live gm?
>>
File: TainterPsyker.png (67KB, 189x332px) Image search: [Google]
TainterPsyker.png
67KB, 189x332px
>>139277
In the true north, strong and free.

>>139233
The blast rips through his defenses, but that is all it could do.

He starts to huff and wheez as he catches his breath. For a moment, it seems like he is about to give up.

"Good.... Good shot."

He stands up straight again.

"But lets see if you can handle a real challenge."

His hands start to cackle with blue electricity as he begins to float off the ground.

>Session Cut

Alright anons, thanks so much for being here. Sorry again for having abandoned this before. Saturday 12:00 pm, were gonna do the first official session that deals with the actual campaign. If you have any question, go ahead and ask. Otherwise, see you until then.
>>
>>139323
Did he just doombolt us?
oh btw gm,if ya decide to quit or missing for long period, better tell the player.

see ya on saturday
>>
>>139341
He might try. We will just have to see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.