[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Birth of a Civilization IV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 1

File: CelticVillageSmall.jpg (227KB, 809x239px) Image search: [Google]
CelticVillageSmall.jpg
227KB, 809x239px
Welcome back to BoaC
the Legend continues from here:

The Chieftain has declared, that our tribes are in too precarious a situation, to leave our safety up to fate.
Knowing what happened in years not so far past, Meno and Sunna are encouraged to take matters into their own hands.
We gather large supplies of wood and craft tools out of them, to further our endeavor.
Days, weeks and even months pass, as we eagerly and diligently gather supplies for - what we believe - soon to be coming attacks of our large Neighbors.
We must not fail, not here, not now, not ever again.
Though exhausting, we managed to cut down an unprecedented amount of Trees.
Our village is overflowing with wood and though our supplies are many, our people are not, as such we have to rest.
This is going to be the greatest effort of our People yet.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're new and interested in playing, here's how it works:
Everyone decides what our People will do next.
All decisions are made by democratic majority vote.
If multiple decisions are made, only those that do not conflict each other will happen.
Rolling 100 overrides a majority decision.
Multiple cases of rolling 100 will happen in order they were rolled.
Everyone may only roll once per pending decision.
Major historical events, may still occur if the point of Origin remains outside our nation's control. (e.g If we don't own Macedonia by 200BC, Alexander the Great happens, no matter what)
Major Historical events may still occur, if our Nation hosts similar conditions as the Nations we currently occupy, as they would have at the appropriate time.
(e.g If we own Rome after 700BC and our King [you] does some more than questionable decisions, we will become a Republic)
Tripfagging is strongly encouraged!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Last thread a multi-update decision was made, so I'm going to post part 2 now.
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>1207817

Prepare some basic defenses first, nothing too fancy, so the workers can rest a little before finishing the hard work.

Maybe some simple watch posts and some spikes around the walls?
>>
>>1207826
this
>>
>>1207817
After sufficiently resting, we continue our efforts to protect ourselves from our vicious neighbors.
Workers excavate a trench around our village, heaping it all up on the our side of it, to form an earth-wall.
Ontop of the earth-wall we densely place 3 meter tall Palisades to function as a wall proper.
Additionally, 4 watch towers are placed on the edges of the wall to detect enemies from further away!
We use the remaining excess wood to put up another, loose wall, on the other side of the trench for additional protection.
>>
>>1207829
>>1207826
can you read lads?
there was a multi-update decision.
You could at least fucking wait until I post it, ya know.
>>
>>1207833
>Palisades along with earthen walls and trenches
I think we may be able to do it
>>
>>1207836

I honestly didn't see the last part of your post.
>>
>>1207840
this

>>1207833
this

>>1207836
this
>>
>>1207833
So, should we vote on the next decision already?
If so,

>Build grain storage and dig a well inside the fortifications.
>>
>>1207869
what is it with people and their fucking grain storages
we already have one, this is the 3rd fucking time since then.
>>
>>1207932
Sorry about that
But we don't have a well, do we? Let's dig one.
>>
>>1207936
fair enough.
>>
>>1207932
I'm not participating in the quest, mainly because I am just browsing qst, but fucking hell, that was once of the funniest posts I've seen in a while.
>>
>>1207936
Good idea, but we should remember that our people have been working hard recently, and we are right on a river so we don't need to rush to get the well project done. I am all for it, but we should not overexert our people in the process
>>
>>1208820
seems reasonable
btw I don't think a caste system is favorable for us
it'll be fine with a guild system thou
>>
>>1207950
do we have any religious sites, dates, any annual feasts...?
>>
>>1208839
A guild system would infact be great

But we should also do something about laws
>>
>>1208839
For now we're too small for it to matter but once we've cleared the more short term objectives and grow that could be a good idea to implement.
>>1208912
Whatever sites we might have held sacred are probably gone back in our old area, we did just have that festival to celebrate the surplus so we could make that an annual thing. Also at a later date when we're much more developed and ready to tackle it, we could use sacred sites/religion to re-invade and take back our old place as it would definitely boost morale when the time comes to take on the red tribe and their supporter. The crusaders did it, I mean it was pretty much considered a complete failure after the first couple crusades, but it did work the first time.
>>
>>1208965
>Whatever sites we might have held sacred are probably gone back in our old area, we did just have that festival to celebrate the surplus so we could make that an annual thing. Also at a later date when we're much more developed and ready to tackle it, we could use sacred sites/religion to re-invade and take back our old place as it would definitely boost morale when the time comes to take on the red tribe and their supporter. The crusaders did it, I mean it was pretty much considered a complete failure after the first couple crusades, but it did work the first time.

yeah but until then I really feel like we should have something to tie our identity together. a Moon stone, or a moon festival or something. We're culturally completely broke
>>
>>1208972
What we are also, is a fucking pre-germanic bronze age tribe in poland that is so primitive that we don't even follow the germanic pantheon
>>
>>1208972
A ritual at every full moon?
>>
>>1208952
I think this is kinda essential
Laws can provide security
and I don't mean laws per se but some rules for olur commuenity something that makes us stick together
>>1208965
>>1208972
>>
I should probably tell you beforehand there's gonna be an event in the near future. A pretty significant one.
>>
>>1208976
exactly. A lamentable state of affairs.
>>
>>1209001
As long as it isn't romans coming to enslave us we shoul be fine
>>
>>1209018
m8 the romans hardly made it across the rhine
what makes you think they're coming all the way to the Vistula?
>>
>>1209018
oh yeah, in case we make it over the next close to a millenium, that WILL be a tiny worry.
>>
>>1209051
Will you make a pastebin with the status of our tribe and village? Otherwise you're bound to see the grain storage thing for the fourth and fifth time.
>>
>>1209018
>>1209056
we should be more concerned bout our neighbors
and we should further our technoligy
I still think that to push on our fishing abilities (to canouing) is a solid quest we should conclude
>>
So we setting up a set of primitive laws/rules?
>>
>>1209062
I suppose I could, though after the event.
Also just a side note, you can technically vote for timeskips of any magnitude, if you feel that we're spending too much time on a short frame of history, be aware however that I will get to dictate what happens to you in that time frame.
I will allow time skips after the event.
>>
>>1209074
could you determine this laws/rules?
>>1209076
this kinda intricately our missions...
>>
>>1209081
everything has it's ups and downs anon.
Skipping time means broader decisions, less micro-managing and grander events in general.
The only real downsides it has, is that you don't get to manually advance technology, which is potentially faster, and just have to bear with historical discoveries.

Last time we managed to find a balance between skips and manual tech, our tech wasn't as good as it could have been, but still impressively advanced for the time.

It's all about what you value more, anon.
>>
>>1209091
this is my first quest ...
but srsly OP you're freckin cool
would you do more quests like that?
>>
>>1209051
Just incase you decided to go full dickhead because this is hardmode
>>
>>1209106
when this one dies, I'll make another one later this year.
They're pretty time consuming to run efficiently so I can only really do them when I have a lot of potential free time on my hands.
>>
>>1209081
Idk mostly what we have discussed on the last two threads? The entire warrior men/laboring women thing we got going on
>>
>>1209129
If we play our cards right we can have a basically infinte labor force and soldiars who are willing to go through hell because they aren't mercs
>>
Well lads, have you reached a consensus on anything? I didn't really pay attention and at this point I'm too lazy to read.
>>
>>1209250
I guess most people are agreeing on just developing our village, tech, and making a well.
>>
>>1209250
I say we train our warriors some more and develop our village
>>
>>1209250
Make a well. It's a crucial thing if we intend to weather a siege.
>>
>>1212092
voting for this
>>
To finalize our gargantuan defense project, we gather our strength one last time, to dig a fairly large and deep well in the village centre.
This is to prevent our people from dehydrating during a siege, when we can't leave the village and gather water at the river.

Finally our construction work has been completed. The entire village is exhausted and no one is willing to do any more work as of now. These past weeks, have been among the most productive we have ever been.
>>
>>1212381
Alright, I guess since we al tried let's work on less physically draining aspects of building a civ.
Since we have time to waste start trying to find out ways to make our bows better. Try using different wood, different shapes for the body, different types of woven fibers for a string.
>In pass time try shooting bird out of trees and the skies.

Alternatively:In our region make the spirit of the person held in the mind and head. So during wars warriors in a effort to kill enemies fast, go for the head.
>>
>>1212509
I second the spirits in heads for war thing
>>
>>1212509
I second this
>>
>>1212509
This
Any part of the head
Eyes, ears,throats, mouths, it doesn't matter
Just get to the head
>>
Oh, also, our weapons will probably develop based off this belife to be more precise, smaller, and thiner in order to get past helmets
>>
We can also make some type of seige fame for our warriors to practice
>>
>>1213601
game*
>>
>>1213601
>>1214017
Yeah, maybe set up some training grounds with targets and shit for them to train
>>
>>1214144
They probably won't have much free time to train, what with needing to work the fields.

>>1212381
That being said, do we use oxen in ploughing the earth? If not, we need to get on it ASAP.
>>
Our warriors are enjoying their well-deserved rest.
Some are out in the woods, enjoying the singing of the birds, some are spending their time with their children, gazing at the clouds, some have gone fishing to relax, and others are training, a couple even with their children.

It's quiet and fun, though something feels off.
(I will implement the religious decision in a way that makes sense)
>>
>>1215607
Uh, maybe some see a bird with deep red feathers that seems to come out of the sun. That flies across the sky never flapping its wings.
>It flies on the path that soon warriors will march.
Or a wolf with blue fur the green eyes that some have witnessed to walk on the tops of lakes when there is a thick fog.
>Walks on lakes that have natural good located near it.

If we can't give ideas then this is just a bumb.
>>
>>1216835
The change is that we know believe that the spirit is located in the head and mind
>>
>>1216884
Ah okay I guess I just misunderstood.
>>
is anyone even here still?
>>
>>1218875
aye
>>
>>1218875
I'm waiting.
>>
>>1218904
waiting for what, lad?
I'm waiting for the next decision here.
>>
>>1218916
The people of our tribe notice that fish stop moving when you cut their heads. maybe the same happens to people.
>>
>>1218916
"I will implement the religious decision in a way that makes sense."
Will you implement it with out our help or do you want our suggestions?
>>
Ok so crazy idea, but it seems like we've gotten our objectives straight and at this point it seems like we're just going to keep focusing on tech, defense, and religous practice till something major happens. I vote for skipping ahead a few months and see how well our tribe has built themselves up.
>>
>>1219133
Second, but put focus in archery, slings and javelin throwing over these months
>>
>>1218916
Let's train our men some more now that their rested.
>>
>>1219650
I concur, with a focus on archery/slings/javelins, we have walls, we should be able to use them to their full potential if our warriors are accurate with ranged attacks
>>
>>1218916
Since we're now consist of two different cultures with different customs, let's establish some common rules everyone has to follow. Base them on the Green customary law but ban/limit some behaviors that are giving the Purples grief.
>>
>>1221054
But then we run into the problem of who enforces the law, interprets it, gives out punishment, what those punishments are and above all.
>Who makes these laws?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea but a legal system is complex as fuck.
>>
>>1222215
we have a chieftain he could do it
>>
>>1222215
For now it'll be a customary law. We're just changing our customs a bit. The chieftain can enforce them personally where needed.
>>
>>1222237
>>1222564
I agree our chieftain should be the judge when it comes to dealing put punishment.
But I think our full time soldiers should be the police of our small society.
So what about the laws? Who makes them or do we come up with everything?
>>
>>1222790
Like I said, they're more or less a codification of the existing customs. I suppose the chieftain could take care of this.
>>
>>1222790
Council of elders makes the law
Cheifton decides the punishment
We should also probably have someone enforce the law
>>
>>1222981
In this particular case we shouldn't give the lawmaking to anyone except the chieftain. These laws are intended to ensure peaceful cohabitation of two different cultures until the Purples are assimilated. It requires strategic long-term thinking, which we can't expect from a council of people who pursue their own interests.
>>
>>1222981
>council of the elders
i'm kinda aginst it... a thing i a better choice
>>
>>1222981
Ok, so we focus on ranged weaponry tech, merging our 2 customs together to make one faith, a legal system within the village, possiblly a council of elders under the chief to help lead and enforce the law if enough people want it(I'm voting for it by the way), and a time skip into a few months since it's pretty slow right now. Anything else you guys want or are we doing the time skip?
>>
>>1226980
Nah sounds good, the elders? Eh, maybe later but right now let our chieftain (Mostly us) do the law making
>>
After taking their well deserved rests, our tribes have come together in an assembly in front of the Chieftain's Longhouse, he has some announcements to make.
Our Chieftain declares that, to ensure the peace between our tribes, and to ease the tensions, he will consider adopting some Sunna customs into the Meno tribe, vice versa however, the Sunna will be bound to follow our new customs as well.
Some raise objections, but they are soon persuaded or convinced to see this law as a necessity.

Some Warriors figured, since they won't be using their spears for melee combat any time soon, thanks to the walls, they might as well help the Hunters.

The Hunters explain how to properly shoot an animal, telling them to always aim for their sides.
The warriors however, novices in the usage of Bows, either miss their targets or hit them in the head instead.
Surprisingly, those head-shots proved even more fatal than aiming for the guts. The Hunters are surprised to say the least, but soon pick up on this initial mistake as a new hunting practice, as Head-Meat is barely usable for us to begin with.
Some Warriors were trying to be cheeky and chugged their spears at the Animal instead.
The Hunters frowned upon this, but the others thought it was a good idea.
Weeks, Months and even an entire Harvesting season pass.
Our Warriors have adopted the practice using Spears for both melee and ranged combat, and Hunters are allowed to use their Bows during war-time ever since the introduction of the Head-shot technique.
Relations have been blossoming as of late, though the Chieftain feels something is wrong.
>>
>>1228615
Think hard on what exactly is wrong. Interview random tribe members. Recruit informants and advisors.
>>
>>1228851
Second this, should always follow your gut
>>
>>1228851
this.
that post is incredibly good
>>1228615
how's our farming?
do we have a herd/flock of animals
I remember we did have some cows and sheeps
what about dogs/trained wolves?
>>
>>1228851
This
>>
>>1228851
I agree as well.
>>1229199
This anon makes a good point about dogs/trained wolves, Their pelts are also invaluable, the wolves that is. We should look into raising some pups if we come across any though hunting or exploring.
>>
I'm gonna post update tomorrow in a new thread.
>>
>>1233247
Cool, can't wait
>>
>>1233351

New thread is up
>>1235319
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.