[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heaven's Demons Chapter 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

~PROLOGUE~

"The nature of humanity is a curious thing."

A tall, beautiful figure steps toward an alabaster table in the middle of a flawless garden, laden with white roses. Wearing a fine blue suit with flowing sleeves, he pours two glasses of shimmering champagne.

They thrive though adversity, their souls growing ever more enlightened through pain. Every bit of suffering brings them more joy in the end. Such curious things...

Opposite to the blue figure sits another angelic being, this one with long wavy hair of amber. The amber-haired figure takes the glass, but does not drink.

"But that's why he loves them, Justinianius. That's what made us into who we are, even if it was so long ago. You've experienced such first hand."

Justinianius sips from the glass, savoring the sparkling wine. He sits down and leans forward on his elbows. Exhaling from his nostrils with a deep grin, he licks his teeth. "But violence... Has violence ever made an Angel, Felice?

And what of this human, this violent one on a murderous path? Tearing through cities, drinking in excess, shedding so much blood in the name of sin and dominance... Do you think they can be saved?

Felice straightens, meeting the gaze of the superior Angel. Felice's eyes are sober, hard with pure intent.

Confident.

Of course. That's what you had in mind when summoned me, Dominion.

×......×.....×

You've woven a path of trials and vicious reprisals. Seen things people pray to never experience.

War was horrible. You did time with the Army, grew close to your fellow Soldiers, even found love. But it wasn't meant to be.

You saw them all die. A surprise assault with placed explosives and machine guns caught your convoy off-guard. You fought hard, but before you knew it, you were concussed and knocked out cold. Luckily, you were believed dead by the enemy, but found by the medics.

Your mind never left that conflict. The anger, the need for revenge, the love you lost...

But one night, at a bar in the desert, you found the Roaming Souls, a group of outlaws that knew no home but the seats of their motorcycles and the open road.

They asked you who you were and what you wanted from them.

>Man(Arthur)
>Woman(Gwen)
>Name Write-In

"What the fuck do you think we give you? And what can you give us?"

>Strength.
>Peace of mind.
>Protection.
>Knowledge and cunning.
>Excitement.
>Drugs.
>Write-In
>>
>>1205854

>Man(Arthur)

>Write-In
Peace
>>
>>1205854
>Man(Arthur)

>Write-In
>Hell if I know! But wouldn't it just be a shame if you lived your whole life without having found out?
>>
>>1205854
>Woman(Gwen)
>Peace
>>
>>1205854
Woman (Gwen)
Hell if I know! But wouldn't it just be a shame if you lived your whole life without having found out?
>>
>>1205854
>Name (Carver)

>Hell if I know! But wouldn't it just be a shame if you lived your whole life without having found out?
>>
>>1206049
>>1206078
>>1206092
>>1206178
Deadlock for chosen sex. One more vote, or I'll roll to decide in nine minutes.
>>
>>1205854
>>Man(Arthur)
>>
>>1206292
Writing.
>Male(Arthur)
>Write-In
>>
File: street-fight.jpg (134KB, 1259x464px) Image search: [Google]
street-fight.jpg
134KB, 1259x464px
>>1206322
I told him my name was Arthur.

"Hell if I know, brother...." I started.

"But wouldn't it just be a shame if you lived your whole life without having found out?" I turned my head up at him, stared right into his face.

He looked at me. Hard.

Then a grin that pulled ear to ear told me I said something he liked.

"Well damn, Arthur. Guess you might just fit in after all."

He bought me a double of whiskey and we talked about who we were. Turns out the group was a bunch of old vets like myself. They were looking to increase their numbers.

"Before the sun comes up, I'll take you to meet the family."

That next morning, my initiation began. Unlike some of the other outlaw groups, they didn't cover me in shit. Instead, I had to bleed.

He brought me to a warehouse. Inside, was a group of about nineteen people, men and women of all sorts of shapes and sizes. They all looked hardened; grizzled. All of them wore dusty, tattered vests that had never been washed.

The leader of their chapter happened to be the man I drank with. He pointed to a man off in a corner, who was slicing up white powder.

"Chuck, get your face out of the sand. I've got work for ya."

The man stands up. Wiry but toned; red hair and a wild look in his eyes.

He sniffles. "Three minutes, tops."

I walked forward.

Roll for endurance.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>1206586
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1206586

What dice do you want?
And is it higher or lower?
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>1206586
guess we're gonna go with d100
>>
Rolled 424 (1d1000)

>>1206586
>>
>>1206685
Kek
>>1206659
Yep, gonna be d100.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>1206586
>>
>All these rolls

Cheesus crust. It's grating me
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>1206621
>>1206632
>>1206659
>>1206685
>>1206749
Ooh... Well I guess we'll see.
>>
>>1206800
Hahaha.
Youch.

Writing.
>>1206791
Puns are "holy" appreciated.
>>
>>1206791
Heh i stand by watching.
>>
>>1206800
I imagine that we lost the endurance check?
>>
File: whiskey-315178_1280.jpg (136KB, 1280x847px) Image search: [Google]
whiskey-315178_1280.jpg
136KB, 1280x847px
>>1206905
Three minutes? I hardly even lasted two.

He walked straight up to me and I expected him to swing. As he continued forward, I tucked my head down, just in time to be headbutted in the face.

I heard my nose crack as blood dripped down my face.

As I fell to the ground, he started monkey drumming on my head. I turtled up, covering my face with my forearms. As they got sore, he pried my hands from my face and put all of his weight behind a kick into my jaw.

I still don't remember when it all stopped, but I do recall waking up on a torn up couch. Chuck was next to me, watching Bugs Bunny seduce Elmer Fudd.

He turned toward me and snickered.

"Hah, two-oh-one." He lit a cigarette and took a drag. "You lasted a whole minute and a second longer than most of the new guys. I'm impressed."

He handed me the cigarette, which I really needed at the time. I noticed my face was bandaged and cleaned up.

"Can't just let you bleed out. Gotta show off your new colors."

I looked at my chest and saw that I was now wearing a bloodied vest, with their insignia on it.

"That blood means you've bled for us. That vest shows what you'll do for your family. Don't ever wash it."

The next few weeks, they taught me their trades. I packed and sold weight, learned our routes and customers. Eventually even had a run-in with our biggest competitors, the Men of Sorrow.

After we stomped a few of their men and killed two of them, the rest of the Roaming Souls brought me into the bar I met them at in order to finalize our pact.

They each took a knife and nicked their right hand, pouring a drop of blood into a glass of bourbon.

Our leader handed me the glass.

"You drink this, you share our blood. As your family, we will die for you. As our blood brother, you will die for us."

I was reminded of the times when I was with my battle buddies. That closeness, that brotherhood...

"To family," I said.

I downed the glass.

...×....×...

Several years passed. I became a trusted enforcer, making sure we were always a step ahead of the Men of Sorrow.

I've killed a lot of people since then.

Some of them were innocent.

Some of them were pure evil.

I've lost friends to those bastards, but luckily I've saved a higher number.

Recently, we struck gold.

A gathering of their most senior members came to one of our newly claimed territories and didn't catch the memo. Our boys bagged them up and brought them to a warehouse.

They asked me what my plan was.

>Kill them, in order to send a message.
>Let them know who's in charge, beat them within an inch of their lives.
>Interrogate them, one finger at a time.
>Write-In
>>
>>1207278
Make it painful. Very.
>>
>>1207278
Simple. Effective. Fuck interrogation, although combining this with interrogation would be good.
>>
>>
>>1207419
>>1207428
>>1207528
Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until later to write this up. A friend is drunk and needs help. I'll be back on here around 1330 EST.
>>
>>1207278
>>
>>1207278

Even if we dont get any info the break of comand will led to disorder and with in house foght to become bigger dog they wouldnt be abl to stop us taking more land for s bit
>>
>>1208044
>Interrogate, one finger at a time

Gathering information on the Men of Sorrow will be ideal..Killing these senior members to send a message would be useless. We've been fighting with the Men of Sorrow for years, they know what we're capable of. Mass Interrogation will alert us on why they have gathered.
>>
>>1207641
Crust is reborn.

We back!
>>
File: Nesta_Marlee_Cooper1.jpg (53KB, 422x586px) Image search: [Google]
Nesta_Marlee_Cooper1.jpg
53KB, 422x586px
>>1207419
>>1207528
>>1208044
>>1208687

As we sat at Luke's, our bar of operations, I decided:

"This is a golden opportunity to break them from the inside. Interrogate them, one finger at a time."

I turned to my lieutenant, a woman named Carmen. She was olive-skinned, thin, but toned and strong; her dark curly hair hid hazel eyes brimming with fire. She was vicious when set on a goal... and unrelenting when looking for an answer.

"Carm, prep them at the warehouse. If there's any trouble, call me in."

She smiled. "My pleasure."

Then, she grew more serious.

"Arty, you know if we take this route, we might have to kill them to prevent further problems. They'll want revenge if they know it's us. And they've got ears everywhere."

I shrugged. "I appreciate your concern. But if anything goes bad, it'll be on my head. Go wild tonight."

I gave her a pat on the back and she slapped my shoulder. They'll be quick work for her.

Lewis, our professional mole nudged me on the arm as I watched Carmen leave.

He sipped his beer and gave me his usual shit-eating grin. "Y'know, I've been wondering about you too... What's going on there, huh?"

I shake my head and laugh. "Nothing you need to worry about, you nosy shithead."

He insists. "C'mon Art. I've been riding with you for years now. What's really goin' on with you and her?"

I sigh.

>She's a close friend. Like a sister.
>She's fine, but I'd rather stick to business.
>We mess around here and there.
>We're sort of serious and that's all I'm saying.
>We're not like that.
>Write-In
>>
>>1208782
>Lost my ethernal lover on Battlefield years ago..Cheesy sounding, but its true... Car is a fine gal, but..I don't want to talk about it. Especially not to a subordinate, even if your my friend outside Roamer business.
>>
>>1208782

>We mess around here and there.
>>
File: 20170226_155317.jpg (592KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
20170226_155317.jpg
592KB, 1032x774px
>>1208799
I breathed deeply and exhaled.

"Carm, she's a fine girl. But I haven't loved anyone since back when I served. Since..."

Lewis's face grew grim. "...Katherine, right?"

"Yeah. Katherine. I remember when I first met her... Sick call back at Fort Benning. She called me a pussy for twisting my ankle on a run.

I was in love."

The others all chuckled.

"I hope she's happy up there, I know I'm not going to the same place."

I gathered myself before I started reminiscing too hard. Can't let my weakness show, not in front of my men.

"Alright, you guys get on ahead. I'm taking a few more shots before I hit the road."

They all departed for the warehouse. As I heard their motorcycles tearing away from Luke's, I felt something strange.

A soothing presence like a summer breeze ran across the back of my neck, sending my hair up on end.

I turned toward the sound of footsteps as my breath became shallow.

For a moment, I thought it was Katherine, back from the dead. She looked just lIke her, but... even more perfect.

It was like she was glowing. Radiant; incandescent. Her eyes were like a gentle fire, her hair amber like the sky at dawn. Her body was like a sculpture, nothing out of place; perfect posture and an effortless stride as she came to take a seat at the bar, right next to me.

I'd never seen anyone so flawless. And that alone put me on edge. I could feel her in my skin.

Something's not right here.

We sat quietly for a few minutes, as I sized her up. I would've thought she had no idea I was there until she ordered a drink...

For me.

Luke came over to me, with a glass of 30-year-old blended scotch. My favorite brand, too.

He handed me the beverage with a smile.

"I don't know what kinda rich girls you've been selling to, but if they keep buying you drinks, I'm gonna be fucking loaded. Enjoy."

He snickers as he takes the dusty bottle back to the cupboard.

>Enjoy the drink.
>Confront the amber-haired woman.
>Thank her for the drink.
>Buy her a drink. (Specify.)
>>
>>1209008

Buy her katherine's favorite drink and tell her its for an old friend.
>>
>>1209008
>Buy her a drink. (Specify.)
Buy her Katherine's favorite drink and tell her its for an old friend.
>>
>>1209008
>Confront the amber-haired woman.
Be direct about it. What's she playing?
>>
>>1209008

Buy her Katherine's favorite drink and tell her its for an old friend.
>>
>>1209021
>>1209031
>>1209036
If we're playing head games, then I'll try my hand.

I called Luke over and handed him a slip of paper.

"Huh. For her, not you?"

I nodded.

He went over to the kitchen and a few minutes later, came out with a number of bottles: tomato juice, steak sauce, lime juice, hot sauce, some Worcestershire, a can of Old Bay and a shaker of black pepper.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see her glance toward the bar as the containers clinked together on the countertop. I couldn't read her expression.

He grates some horseradish into a pint glass, adds the mixture and tops it with beer. As he places the glass in front of her, he squeezes a lime wedge into the drink and then places it into the mixture.

He looks her in the eyes, preparing to say what I'd written on the slip of paper... But before the words can leave his mouth...

She simply smiles and says:

"For an old friend?"

>Katherine?
>Who are you?
>Intimidate (Roll 1d100)
>How did you know any of that?
>Who sent you?
>Who do you think you are?
>Leave, you're going to be late.

Pick two.
>>
>>1209178
>>How did you know any of that?
>>Who sent you?
>>
>>1209178

Consider yourself spooked or predictable either way this smells like an ambush of sorts.
>>
>>1209178

>Who are you?
>How did you know any of that?
>>
File: 20170226_184205.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170226_184205.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>1209483
>>1209240
>>1209192
>>1209192
>>1209240

I shoot Luke a glance, and he hurriedly leaves the room.

"Now I'm an old-fashioned guy. I'll never put my hands on a woman. But if you don't start by telling why the fuck you know so much about me, I can call a few ladies who can fuck you up in my stead."

She sighs. Her smile doesn't leave.

"It's not kind to repay a favor with hostility, Arthur."

Her voice was melodic. Condescending, but wise...

I search her eyes for answers. But I can't shake the feeling she's reading me instead. I sip my drink, not breaking eye contact for a second.

Her gaze makes my mind tingle.

How does she know my name? Who is she?

She responds to my thoughts.

"I've been sent to tell you not to go tonight. Something dangerous will take place at that warehouse."

I tilt my head. "I know. I'm the danger."

She shifts, turning her body toward me.

"My goal is to keep you safe. And if you spill blood tonight, you'll face a fate worse than death. There are dangers around and inside of you that you won't ever believe, Arthur."

Somehow, I could feel that she wasn't lying, despite what little knowledge she'd given me.

I turn my head from her. I feel my mind come back to me. And all of my sorrows.

"I can't abandon the Souls. They're my family. I'd sooner die than let them hang."

She placed a hand on my arm and I felt all my worries fade from my body.

"I'm not asking you to leave them. Just abstain from any violence, just for tonight. Go to the warehouse, but only supervise."

What should I do?

>Listen to her.
>Ignore her advice.
>Ask her what will happen if you don't follow her advice.
>Leave. You'll make up your mind on the way.
>>
>>1209546
>Ask her what will happen if you don't follow her advice.
With the tone being curious instead of condescending.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>1209546

Considering the backstory and the fact he has been in a pseudo war with rival gangs for a while i'm inclined to believe RP wise he should consider the woman a spy from the other gangs and shoot her.
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>1209546

>Leave. You'll make up your mind on the way.
>>
>>1209718
He can call for backup and restrain her. You'll have to roll though.
>>1209762
>>1209686
Need one more vote for either.

Pausing for the night. Will post again at 1700 EST tomorrow if we don't have a formation.

//(QUEST PAUSED)//
>>
>>1210092
>>1209762

I guess just make your mind on the way. Spy or not it matters little since you are the baddest one in the valley.
>>
>>1209546
Ask her what will happen
Inb4 become demon
>>
File: HoAMSwM.jpg (79KB, 600x482px) Image search: [Google]
HoAMSwM.jpg
79KB, 600x482px
>>1210092
>>1210118
>>1211181

\\(QUEST RESUMED!)\\

Back. Will write up the next part, but posts will be sort of irregular until the weekend.
>>
>>1213107
Well then, this looks very interesting
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.