[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delusional Hero Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: Ithrothendale.png (290KB, 470x336px) Image search: [Google]
Ithrothendale.png
290KB, 470x336px
You are Lumnox Sevora, an elven warrior who suffers from severe schizophrenia, hallucinations, and delusions of grandeur. You believe that you are a true hero, and that because you are strong, you should protect the weak. You don’t typically help others because you want to help, nor do you care about rewards or money. Instead you help those in need because you want them to spread the tale of your heroic deeds, and because it’s the right thing to do. Mostly for the fame though.

Unlike other members of your species, you are a lot larger and stronger. Your attractiveness is a given considering you’re an elf. Despite being extremely strong, charismatic, and handsome, you’re not very intelligent or wise, and almost always believe that your hallucinations and delusions are in fact part of reality. Can you become the hero that you believe you are, or will your false reality shatter before your very eyes?

Over the course of this quest you will gain skill points that will allow you to advance your talents and stats.

Disclaimer: So I’m pretty new here, and I don’t know how well I’ll actually do running a quest. Sorry if I make any errors. Also if you have any questions feel free to ask.

During this quest you will be able to pick from various options to progress the story. Combat will be turn based, and I may ask you to roll a couple of dice for me from time to time to see how well your action succeeds or fails.

Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/MyKjz57r

>Cont.
>>
“Come on and face me dragon!” You shouted as you lunged forward and swung your sword in a wide arc which sliced through the dragon’s tough scale armor like butter. “Your armor is no match for me beast!” The small baby dragon roared in anger and agony as it began to spew fire from it’s maw. Deftly evading the flames you countered by swinging your great sword at it’s neck, completely decapitating the beast. “Mission complete!” Turning around to the quest giver behind you, he seemed to be a lot angrier than you expected. “Cheer up man, you just witnessed me slay a dragon before your very eyes. You should feel honored to have seen such a sight. Go and tell all the townspeople and spread my name far and wide.”

“An honor you say? You completely trashed my house in that fight. Furthermore, you weren’t even fighting a dragon. You were fighting a large lizard. How you even mistook it for a dragon I don’t even know.” The man said as he shook his head in dismay. “You know what, just get out of here. I don’t want to see your face after all the trouble you caused me.” The man said as he reached into his pocket and threw a small gold coin at you which bounced off your chest. “And don’t forget your pay!” Yelled the man in anger.

Picking up the lone coin, you smiled at the man. “Feel free to contact me if you need any more assistance.”
“GET OUT!!!”

And with that the incredible journey of Lumnox Sevora, the delusional hero begins.
>Cont.
>>
Stats
Level: 1 (It’s your level)
Hp: 30/30 (How much damage you can sustain)
Damage: 7 - 12 (Your base damage)
Defense: 1 (How much damage you can ignore)
Strength: 5 (Bonus damage added to your weapon)
Skill: 1.0 (Affects damage dealt and received) multiplier/divider
Speed: 3 (May affect turn order and the chance to escape or trail an enemy)
Evasion: 5% (How often you can dodge attacks)

Equipment: Two Handed Great Sword (2 - 7 damage) (1d6)
Cloth Clothing (+0 defense)

Active Skills: None

Passive Skills:
Incurable Schizophrenia: You do not live in a grounded reality. Reality may change every now and then.
Schizophrenia override 1: Magical illusions and mind control have a -20% chance to affect you.

Inventory: 151 gp

Please choose two of the following talents -

Crushing Swing: You let loose a powerful sword swing that lowers an enemy’s skill multiplier by 0.3 for two turns, while also adding your level (x2) as bonus damage. (CD: 5)

Willpower 1: Your belief that you can’t die allows you to stand up and keep fighting even after you’ve tanked hits that should have killed you. You gain an additional 5 + your level (1) negative hp (-6).

Flashy Counter 1: You attempt to dodge or block your opponent in an overly flashy way and then counter attack (write-in). You gain +20% evasion towards the creature you’re attempting to counter for 1 turn. If you succeed at dodging your opponent, you get a guaranteed hit (usually) that deals a bonus 50% damage. If you fail to dodge your opponent, you only deal half damage, and the hit is not guaranteed. (CD: 3 turns)

Shiny Spark 1: Your schizophrenic mind can sometimes pick up the location of hidden items and passageways before you do. There is a 25% chance that hidden/important items and passageways will be marked by a shiny spark.
>>
>>1202662
>Willpower
>Shiny Spark
naturally we have to make this bloke as insane as possible
>>
>>1202662
>Crushing Swing: You let loose a powerful sword swing that lowers an enemy’s skill multiplier by 0.3 for two turns, while also adding your level (x2) as bonus damage. (CD: 5)

>Willpower 1: Your belief that you can’t die allows you to stand up and keep fighting even after you’ve tanked hits that should have killed you. You gain an additional 5 + your level (1) negative hp (-6).
>>
>>1202662
>Crushing Swing: You let loose a powerful sword swing that lowers an enemy’s skill multiplier by 0.3 for two turns, while also adding your level (x2) as bonus damage. (CD: 5)
>Willpower 1: Your belief that you can’t die allows you to stand up and keep fighting even after you’ve tanked hits that should have killed you. You gain an additional 5 + your level (1) negative hp (-6).
>>
>>1202662
Willpower
Shiny spark
>>
So since it's a tie right now, I'll wait for one more person to vote, or I'll just roll a die in a few minutes.
>>
>>1202796
die die die die die die

what? no no, i'm not calling for your death
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1202807
Very well, let's see what we get.

1 = Shiny Spark 1 + Willpower 1
2 = Crushing Swing + Willpower 1
>>
Yes, Lumnox the mighty warrior is truly magnificent. Not only can he swing his great sword really hard, he has also been blessed with a great ability. Sometimes he can make out the faint glimmer of hidden valuables, magical items, and hidden passageways that the normal naked eye can not see. To him, all of these hidden valuables are given away by the small glint of a sparkling twinkling light, which only he can see.
---
After defeating a mighty dragon you head back to the town in search of a new quest! A dragon may be frightening to a normal creature, but to you, it is nothing but fodder. You need a real challenge! Something that will make your heart pulse once more with excitement from the thrill of battle. Stepping into one of the local taverns, you search the request board for something more suitable for an adventurer of your status and renown. That's when you see it, a quest unlike anything you've ever seen before. A quest to slay a demon that has gotten out of control and reached the level of a god! Without a second to lose you rip the piece of paper off of the board with all your might, practically ripping the piece of parchment in half as you excitedly prepare to set out on your journey. However one thing nags the back of your mind. With such a dangerous quest, surely it would be in your best interest to get a new weapon, seeing as yours has seen much better days and is practically a just a piece of twisted metal.

What do you do?
>A. Go visit the weapon shop for a new sword
>B. Forget the shop, I'll use this sword until it breaks. A real hero is not wasteful.
>C. Maybe I should find a party to team up with for such an epic quest?
>>
>>1202832
>C. Maybe I should find a party to team up with for such an epic quest?
>>
>>1202832
>>A. Go visit the weapon shop for a new sword
>>
>>1202832
>B. Forget the shop, I'll make do with whatever I have. A real hero is a hero still, no matter what weapon he uses.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>1202837
>>1202850
>>1202854
Tiebreaker time!

1 = A
2 = B
3 = C
>>
You chuckle heartily at the thought you even considered to get a new weapon. A real hero is a hero, regardless of what weapon he or she chooses to wield. You can get a new weapon later, right now you have lives to save. Following the instructions the ripped quest paper gives you, you finally arrive at a very expensive looking mansion that looks like it belongs to a noble. You walk up to the door and knock on it only for a butler to open the door a few seconds later.

"Oh hello there! I'm sorry sir, but unless you've made an appointment, you'll need to lea-"

"Actually I'm here for a quest." You say. "The instructions on the quest paper told me to come over here, so here I am."

The butler smiles happily at this. "Oh my, I didn't think anyone would actually come on such short notice. Please, come in, come in."

Stepping inside the mansion the butler walks off to retrieve the lord of the house. In the meantime you walk around and look at various paintings depicting great heroes of old locked in combat with terrifying beasts.

A few minutes pass, when the butler finally returns with a middle-aged man dressed in very fine clothing. "Adventurer!" Says the man. "I want to thank you for helping me while I'm in such dire straits. You see, this demon appeared and threatened to kill me if I didn’t give up my home. Apparently he wants it, and while I would send some of my guards to fight the demon, he said he was on par with a god and took out my best soldier with a powerful fireball. Complete this quest for me, and I shall reward you greatly. The demon should be hiding in a cave a mile or two behind my garden. Good luck and godspeed hero!”

With that you left the mansion and began to walk off towards the cave, where ever that was.

>Two people roll 1d20 each please.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1203073
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>1203073
A demon 'on par with a god', hiding in a cave? Clearly this one is a liar with the most silver of tongues! We must have care not to fall prey to its insidious words.
>>
>>1203084
>>1203092
Those rolls though

---

You begin to search for a cave by walking through the forest in the garden, unfortunately try as you might, you can't seem to find it. You walk around a bit more and trip over the roots of a nearby tree and hit the ground pretty hard. -2 hp

You begin to lift yourself off the ground and turn around to see a single ent the size of yourself stand before you. "You there? You dare desecrate this forest?"

"Desecrate? What does that mean you ask? I'm just here to kill a demon. Are you one of his minions?" You ask.

The ent seems to get even angrier at this, as one of it's hands begins to clench tightly into a fist. "You know too much! Now you must die!" The ent says as he begins to charge towards you.

Combat begin!
---
Lumnox Sevora (28/30 hp)
Corrupted Ent (10/10 hp)

Environment: A simple forest. There are trees and bushes all over the place, but they shouldn't get in the way of a fight very much.

What do you do?
>Attack
>Crushing Swing
>Write-in
>>
>>1203152
>Attack
>>
>>1203152
Let's attack normally, whe can't.reveal our hidden abilities before the true test
>>
>>1203164
>>1203196

Raising your sword at the ent you ready yourself to strike. The ent begins to charge at you, but with one swift blow you cut the ent with your sword (12 damage) slowing its movement as it misses you entirely and hits the ground next to your feet, completely dead. You stare at the dead ent for a moment as a viscous black slime seems to flow out from its wounds. Something is clearly fishy about this ent. Well whatever it is, it can wait until after you finish the quest.

You continue to search around a bit more before finally finding the mouth to a cave. The cave gives off an ominous vibe, as deeper you travel the hotter the cave seems to get.

A few minutes of traveling later you reach a wooden door, which you carefully open to find a lowly demonic imp sitting on a stone chair.

You take a glance at the imp and look around the rest of the cave. “Hey where’s the boss? I don’t really care to face off against an enemy I can kill in one hit. I want a real challenge”

The imp glares at your words and sneers as he hops off of his chair and slowly walks over towards you. “I actually happen to be the demon you’re looking for. Normally I would have turned you into just another minion, but just for underestimating me I will have you suffer a painfully slow death! You will be the first victim to fall by my hands!”

The ground begins to rumble and the walls begin to quake as red hot magma begins to spout from the ground creating a circular arena around the two of you. You can feel a strong power emanating from the body of this lone imp. Yes, this is the challenge you were always looking for. The test that will finally thrust your name into the textbooks and anals of history! Raising your sword you point it at the imp and yell, “foul demon! I will slay you before you get a chance to cause any more destruction upon this.”

Combat Start
The demon god begins to chant as two fireballs burst forth from his hands, as he throws them at you. Both fireballs hit their mark and you fall over as your skin begins to singe from the intense flames. (3 + 4 damage taken) Gritting your teeth through the pain, you begin to counter attack.
---
Lumnox Sevora (21/30 hp)
The demonic god of despair - (20/20 hp)

Environment: Your battle will take place in a swelteringly hot cave that has been partially flooded by lava.

What do you do?
> Attack
> Crushing Swing
> Write-in

---
And I have to go for a bit. I’ll pick this up later on either tonight or tomorrow.

What did you all think of this so far though?
>>
>>1203411
>Crushing Swing
>While talking shit at him to provoke him into doing something hopefully stupid.

Haven't really seen enough to form an opinion myself yet.
>>
>>1203411

> Attack

You think those little balls could harm me!?
>>
>>1203411
>Ask to join Demon's Cult I want some fireball spells
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>1203447
>>1205707
>>1206790
And the winner is
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>1206790
You decide that you want to join this demon's cult so that you may learn some fireball spells. "Hey demon!" You call out.

"What? Are you here to beg for mercy, because that won't work with me. I'll kill you slowly regardless of what you want."

You realize that it's futile to attempt to join this monster in an alliance, as he'll likely just kill you anyways. You shake your head in dismay at the fact you even wanted to learn magic from a demon. It's not very heroic, now is it?

>cont.
>>
>>1205707
"No, I'm just here to say that I'm going to kill you now. Even if you are on the level of a god, my blade will banish you to the death realm! Those little balls from before barely scratched me. So show me everything you have!"

And with that you dashed towards the demon god as fireball after fireball narrowly missed you. Jumping into the air you slammed your sword onto the imp causing it to to bleed profusely as it staggers backwards. -0.3 skill, 15 damage.

"Ugh! So you want to play like that then you false hero? Let me show you what I'm really capable of." With lightning speed the imp jumped around the cave in an effort to confuse you. Your eyes couldn't keep up, and in one moment you completely lost sight of the demon. Not a moment later did you feel a sharp pain on your back, as two pairs of claws began to scrape against your back.

You grunted in pain as the imp god somersaulted in the air before landing on the ground. (6 damage) "Let's blow the roof off this place, hero. I'm getting kind of bored fighting in such a cramped cave."

Before you knew it the roof of the cave completely fell apart and began to float as if lifted by some invisible force. The ground beneath your feet also began to rumble as you flew up into the sky and all the way into space allowing you to gaze at the world in all of its glory. "Let us duel properly up here. Just don't fall off hero!"

---
Lumnox Sevora (15/30 hp)
The demonic god of despair (5/20 hp) (- 0.3 skill) 1 turn

The demon god looks weak, and you can probably finish him with one good blow. Finish him in a heroic way.

>roll 1d20 and describe how you want to kill the demon god. Highest roll wins. In the event of a tie I'll just roll a die again.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1208376
>This is everything you have? Running away so far from everything that everything finally looks tiny in comparison to you? How miserable!
>You're no god, demon! That's just your own petty delusion! But all delusions must come to an end - and yours ends on the end of my blade!
oh shit foreshadowing
>>
>>1208446
You take a step forward as you struggle through the pain of your bleeding back. The demonic god eyes you, smiling the whole time. "Finished yet?" It asks you.

Its smiling face is replaced with that of true anger when you begin to laugh at it. "Is this all you have? Is this your big trick? To run away from everything until things look tiny in comparison to you? How pathetic! You're no god, you're barely even a demon. This is all some sick twisted delusion of yours. Unfortunately for you, all delusions come to an end, and your delusion will shatter before the might of my blade."

With that you run full speed at the demon and jump tackle it, as you both begin to fall off the edge of the arena and start hurtling towards the planet.

"A...are you crazy? At this rate you'll die as well?" Says the imp.

"I won't die, because I'm a hero!" You shout at the top of your lungs as you begin to swing your sword faster than you ever have before. Each slash contorts the demons body in a new way as blood sprays everywhere before dissipating as you enter the world's atmosphere.

"Y...you can't, I'm on the level of a god!" Screams the demon in agony. "I can't let it end this way! I won't let you!"

"Then I'll just have to swing even faster." You scream back as you pause for a brief moment to unleash a whirlwind of hits faster than you've ever attacked before. The demonic god sprouts wings to try and fly out of the way of your suicidal dive, but you quickly cut them off as you feel your entire body heat up as you enter the planet's atmosphere!

Suddenly everything becomes black, and before you know it you're face down on the cave floor where you started. The body of a heavily bleeding imp lay beside you.

"D...did I survive the fall?" you ask as you look around. "And where's the lava? What about the door and the stone chair." You slowly get up off the ground and look around, questioning if the effects of his magic were reversed upon his defeat. Wait, defeat? With lightning enthusiasm you sprung up from the ground and cheered. "I did it, I killed a god! I'm a true hero!" This was the happiest moment of your life. You had become a god slayer.

Your victory would soon become interrupted as the imp began to stand back up. "You think you're so tough? You may have been able to defeat a weakling such as me, but there are stronger demons out there that will come for you seeking to test their strength. See you in hell."

And with that the imp fell over once more and died. His words concerned you a bit, not because you were afraid or anything, but moreso because what did he mean when he said he was weak? Were there other beings stronger than gods around somewhere? Was it possible to increase your fame even more? While you still needed to turn in your quest, such an event surely warranted a celebration, right? or perhaps there was something else you wanted to do?

>Cont.
>>
>A. Go and turn in your quest.
>B. Go out and celebrate your victory
>C. Try and see if anyone knows of a place where tougher challenges can await so you can boost your fame more.
>D. Buy a new sword, your old one is basically destroyed to the point it's unusable
>E. Brag about your heroic deeds to random strangers.
>F. Write in
>>
>>1208673
Our duty first and foremost.
>>
>>1208679
>A turn in
Then go to the tavern and brag. Probably get black out drunk and have our gear stolen but meh. That was a shit god fight.
>>
>>1208679

>>
>>1208679
>>E. Brag about your heroic deeds to random strangers.
>>
>>1208679
>Go summon the demon imp again. FireBall
>>
>>
>>1208700
>>1208883
>>1208974
>>1212595

You ultimately decide now is the time to turn in your quest. While the thought of celebrating your victory and bragging about your heroic deeds to strangers is fun, it ultimately won't achieve anything, not to mention a whole bunch of people probably won't believe you. Of course that's pretty typical of the common man. When ever you tell a commoner about your heroic exploits they all seem to roll their eyes. Sure, there are a few good people who might laugh along and ask for more details, but you don't really get their sense of humor.

Leaving the cave, you pick up your sword, which is now thoroughly destroyed to the point where you'll need to toss it soon anyhow, and head for the noble's mansion.

As you dash through the forest, you take a moment to rest your weary body by sitting on a stump. Replaying the battle in your mind, you can't help but smile happily. After a minute or two passes, you get up again to continue your journey only to suddenly stop. That tree trunk you were just sitting on seems a bit strange. It looks like someone cut it a couple of times, and unevenly at that. Near it is the trunk of a tree that has fallen over, as though it was cut just a bit earlier. Furthermore, it's the only tree that appears to be cut in the entire forest. How strange...

You pause for a moment contemplating what this could mean, however after coming to no conclusion you figure it's nothing as you continue to walk back to the mansion.

>Cont.
>>
Finally after reaching the mansion, you knock on the door and report your success to the butler and his master. The noble hands you a bag full of gold coins (100 gp+) and asks you to recount your tale.

You spin the wild story of how you came to fight an ent that had been corrupted, as well as the demonic god of despair. The noble and butler both raise an eye at this, clearly confused by your story.

"You killed a god?" They ask in unison.

"Yep, I'm incredible aren't I? You should feel fortunate that I was around to deal with the pest."

"Wait, so you killed the imp and a god tried to avenge him?" Asked the noble.

"No, the imp and the god were both the same person. I mean technically he wasn't a god, but he was on par with one." You said as you once again began to run through your story.

"Wait, I never said anything about killing a god. I said that the imp was pretty good. Where did you come up with the idea that you killed a god?"

"What? You told me yourself he was on par with a god, not to mention the quest papers..." You pulled out the tattered crumpled flyer for the quest and handed it to the man pointing at the word god.

"Um, that says good, not god."

"What are you talking about, that word clearly has only one 'o'. Maybe you should get your eyes checked." You tell the noble.

"No that's clearly got two 'o's. You can't possibly tell me you thought you killed a god."

"Well I did."

"Well whatever, you did your job I suppose. That, err, club of yours clearly has the blood of some demonic beast, so in the end it really doesn't matter."

"It's a sword though. You nobles aren't all that intelligent are you? How much do you pay your tutors?" You asked.

"Right... well, it was nice of you to clear the quest for me, uh, have a good day, or something." and with that the noble snapped his fingers motioning for the butler to let you out.

Leaving the property you figured now was the time to do something else. But what exactly did you want to do?

>A. Celebrate your victory
>B. Try and see if anyone knows of a place where tougher challenges await so you can further boost your fame
>C. Buy a new sword
>D. Brag about your heroic deeds as the great godslayer
>E. Write-in.
>>
>>1212649
>E Overthrow the local tyrannical government and install self as the leader
>>
>>1212664
But first buy a new sword
>>
>>1212649
>C. Buy a new sword
In case that imps buddies accost us right away. Then go blow the rest of the money on ale and wenches.
>>
>>1212738
>>1212797

You decide to go and buy a new sword, seeing as how your sword has seen better days. You walk over to the nearby weapons shop and enter the store. The shop owner greets you, and you greet him back as your eyes examine the room with childlike wonder. Weapons of all shapes, sizes, and types adorn various racks, however it's not long before you notice one particular weapon that gives off a faint blue glow. You quickly move over to weapon to examine it closer, and as you touch the great sword it shine grows even brighter, granting you information and knowledge on a topic you never knew about. "The sword of Ithrothendale..." you mutter, letting your words trail off as you bask in the glow of the glorious weapon. Yes, this was truly a weapon worthy of a hero such as yourself.

The shop owner walks over to you and puts a hand on your shoulder. "A fine sword indeed, but if you're looking for some magical weaponry, I have some more in the back." The man says slyly.

"No, this sword will do." You tell him as you hand it to the man. "How much for this sword?"

"50 gold."

You gasp in shock. "I...it's this cheap?" You stutter in amazement.

"Well, it is a very simple weapon, and I haven't been able to sell this weapon anyhow, so I'm selling it at a discount. I'm not sure why you're this excited about it in the first place."

What do you do?

>A. Buy the weapon at the man's price, and say no more
>B. Tell him the great story of Ithrothendale that you have been given knowledge of.
>C. You can't cheat this man out of such a high tier sword. Overpay the man and buy the sword.
>D. Ask the man why he's not telling you the truth about this sword.
>E. Ask the man if he's colorblind.
>F. Other.
>>
>>1213060
>F. Punch the shopkeeper in the face, steal the sword
>>
>>1213060
> C
>>
>>1213060
>D. Maybe knows something we don't. What does HE consider good weaponry?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.