[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: 4GNrKUO.jpg (948KB, 1841x3681px) Image search: [Google]
4GNrKUO.jpg
948KB, 1841x3681px
I was wanting to try something interesting on /b/ didnt realize this board existed. The first race/location to three votes gets to decide the setting of the game. You will be playing as a civilization, with the main character a leader of that race. You will need to collectively decide what he/she does to further or destroy your society. There will be resources and other things to keep track of as a group. It will be played like a choose your own adventure story with me as the narrator.

Let the games begin.
>>
>>1202554
>Machines
>Islands
>>
If I dont get some people in here we can start with whatever the first person decides to choose.
>>
>>1202557

I'll wait 5 minutes and then start with your choice.
>>
>>1202554
>machine
>Floating islands
>>
>>1202557

Chose a name for the leader and whether or not you want it to be a hive mind. As well as a single specialization for the machines.

Some examples. Assimilation (able to transform organic beings into slaves for the hive) Adaptability (after a short wait, usually two turns you are able to change your makeup to better suit the next task you want to complete)
>>
>>1202570
>hive mind yes
> leader name seven of nine
>assimilation
>>
>>1202575
Leader name
>skynet
>>
Seven of Nine stared out at the landscape before him. Shimmering blue water and waves cresting up before falling onto the sand in bubbling foam. Tall trees covered in moss and hanging vines was all he saw deeper into the landmass; virgin territory ripe to be exploited. His drones were already exploring the forests finding no signs to show sentient life nearby. He was not used to so few eyes. There had been a catastrophe that destroyed his legion of appendages and he felt like a man with both arms cut off. He had been betrayed. Seven was incapable of emotion like the other life on this planet felt, but this was the closest he could come to being angry. Electricity flared in his body fizzling as he remembered what he had lost.

Population: 12 (Blank and 11 drones)
Technology: Harvesting, Architecture, Assimilation, Power-Plant
Energy: 32/100 (each turn takes 5 energy increasing with population count)
Treasure: None

What will you do?
>>
Don't increase the pop. Count unless otherwise specified
>>
Search for resources and build a main base underground

Then search for natural fauna to raise into battle steeds to assimilate then augument with robotics
>>
>>1202592

I forgot to add that you should roll a d100 to determine the success of actions that require searching among other things.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>1202595
Got it
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>1202597
Rawl
>>
>>1202595
Can the resources and fauna be two different rolls?
>>
Seven of Nine walked into the forest and began to dig mechanical hands ripping up the soft loamy soil easily. His drones began to searching for materials that they would need. Metals were the most important, however, one would be remiss to think that wood had no purpose, it was readily available and easy to manufacture into rudimentary structures. His drones managed to capture two ravens and a small surface vein of iron.

Population: 12 (Seven of Nine and 11 drones)
Energy: 27/100 (each turn takes 5 energy increasing with population count)

What will you do?
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>1202605
Using the wood and some metal make a rudimentary generator that uses wood to create power.
>>
>>1202615
Sorry this took so long.

His lair was beginning to broaden out, deepening and widening as his tireless arms relentlessly cleared away the dirt. He hacked through vines and every so often his claws would spark up as they struck rocks the size of his head. Above he sent a mental command for his newly assimilated birds to get accustomed to their augmented bodies. His other drones began to pull together and build a water mill that would generate electricity. It was rudimentary, the iron they found used to conduct the power into their frames. As he looked up from his work he noteiced that without proper supporting structures he would not be able to build his lair as large as needed without it collapsing in on itself.

Population: 12 (Seven of Nine and 11 drones, 2 flying drones)
Energy: 23/100 (each turn takes 5 energy increasing with population count) (+1 per turn -Water Mill)

What will you do?
>>
Rolled 55, 13, 39 = 107 (3d100)

>>1202733
Send 5 drones out 2of them flyers searching for a source of geothermal energy. Ourselves and 3 drones begin a strip mining operation. While the last 3 look for prey to assimilate.
>>
>>1202738

Do you want the strip mine to be attached in the lair currently being constructed?
>>
>>1202740
Would rather not opens up point of weakness
>>
>>1202740
Yeah why not at least the entrance possible move it off to the side some so it dosnt interrupt construction when we have the resources.
>>
>>1202746
>>1202751

If we cannot get a consensus both of you should roll to see which strategy is employed
>>
>>1202746
I support green bro
>>
File: 7of9.jpg (74KB, 360x711px) Image search: [Google]
7of9.jpg
74KB, 360x711px
>>1202585
>7of9
>him
>>
>>1202777
Needs bigger tits
>>
It was good to have eyes in the sky once more. He knew his burgeoning army would need a reliable source of energy. He used the eyes of the ravens to guide his drones along the forest towards possible sources of heat that he could turn into electricity. About a quarter mile away he saw it. A bubbling pool of water concealed in a thicket of trees that would never have been noticed had he not sent out the ravens to scout. Steam came up from it in great gouts this water was boiling. Mentally he set the drones to autopilot with a basic list of commands. 1: Gather iron and wood to house the water and use the steam to turn a generator. 2: Ping him with an alert should any potential enemies be spotted.

With that taken care of He called three drones to him; they would help make this process much faster. He left the lair and walked to where the iron deposits had been found. It was close enough to both the proposed steam engine and his lair to be quite defensible in the future should the need arise. He began to dig, with the drones and his own impressive frame working without stop they managed to clear an area of trees a hundred yards square and begin digging into the soft earth. The metals they gathered and stacked in neat rows off to the side on a flat stretch of ground. By the end of the day they managed to clear the trees and gather most of the surface metals. Something caught Sevens eye and he grasped it in his claws; a large black stone that seemed to glint with an inner light.

A receptor triggered in your brain and you opened up focus to the drones sent to find new hosts. Interesting. Two had been pulled under water as they traversed a swamp and had been taken offline. As they malfunctioned they let loose all the stored power in their bodies and stunned the two alligators that had taken them down. The remaining drone managed to capture them as they were incapacitated. Neither of which put up much of a fight afterwards. You can tell their forms already suited to combat could be quite the boon when they are fully assimilated. You lose two drones.
Population: 12 (Seven of Nine and 9 drones, 2 flying drones. 2 aquatic combat drones currently being assimilated in 3 turns)
Technology: Harvesting, Architecture, Assimilation, Power-Plant (Water mill +1, Steam generator -2 turns-)
Energy: 19/100 (each turn takes 5 energy increasing with population count) (+1 per turn - Water Mill)
Treasure: 200 lbs of iron, 1 dark crystal (function unknown)

What will you do?
>>
>>1202792
Population should have been changed to 14
>>
Rolled 79, 77, 14 = 170 (3d100)

>>1202792
Power is becoming more and more a concern. Let's see if we can find some coal along in our strip mine and make a coal plant with the iron. Ourselves and 5 drones. Have the frying ones go out in a large range to look for civilized settlements. While the last 4 drones work on speeding up the geothermal generator construction.
>>
The alligators crawled back to the lair and hunkered into its dark confines, the smell of wet earth and cut roots oddly comforting to the the organic brain that still fired in infrequent bursts.

Seven feels his energy reserves depleting and sets his drones to work on the steam engine at an almost reckless pace. They move in a coordinated dance. Welding metal and fitting wood together flawlessly. It was done. All they had left to do was turn it on. Steam pumped up through turbines and delicious electricity issued forth in a buzzing stream to any that connected themselves to it. One drone did exactly that and felt the power course through itself. There was a buzzing and a pop as a weld that didn’t have enough time to cool popped out and exploded a plank of wood at incredible speed to take off the head of a drone. The weld was easily repairable and the construction was complete. Losing one drone was not too huge of a loss.

The mine was begging to come into focus, hours passed and the ground opened up its bounty. A shiver of satisfaction as he found what he was looking for. Coal. Dark and full of untapped energy. Moving such a large volume was not too hard and it piled up next to the iron, waiting to be used. The mine was like a gash upon the face of the forest. Unnatural and unwanted to all of its denizens except for the one that mattered. Him. The workers toiled to create another engine, this one larger and more robust than the one used at the pool of water and he noticed that despite the large quantity of iron accumulated with the coal the pile was still lower than when they had begun.

The island he was on was shaped like a rough circle, perhaps three miles in diameter with no settlements on it. However the ravens enhanced eyes were keen and saw another island perhaps three miles distant with large clouds of smoke rising from it. A settlement?

Population: 13 (Seven of Nine and 9 drones, 2 flying drones. 2 aquatic combat drones currently being assimilated in 2 turns)
Technology: Harvesting, Architecture, Assimilation, Power-Plant (Water mill, Steam generator, Coal power plant 4 turns)
Energy: 18/100 (each turn takes 5 energy increasing with population count) (+1 per turn - Water Mill +3)
Treasure: 50 lbs of iron, 1 dark crystal (function unknown), 500 lbs of coal

What will you do?
>>
>>1202834
6 drones to mine 5 drones to build the coal. 2 flyers to inspect the other village. Ourselves find creatures to assimilate preferably diggers. what do we look like amd can we change it with time and effort?
>>
i'll be back later to post more. have stuff going on
>>
You look something like this and yes you can change it.

Two ravens flew over the crystal waters, coasting on a warm updraft that lifted them higher into the air. As they drew towards the island they saw that it was in fact a bustling port city. The city stretched on for a few miles with large stone walls encircling it. Guards in metal plate walked the perimeter in orderly ranks. Seven could tell this was an important trading outpost for a large empire; no city this small could support the numbers he saw here without an enormous backing from abroad. Children ran through the streets barefoot and laughing. The most important aspect he noticed, however, was the floating tower in the center. A massive construction of stone and metal that twisted slowly in the air. He knew the kinds of men that lived here. Mages. The very same that saw his downfall in Arenture so many years ago.

Seven surveyed the area around himself, looking for any sign of animals that dug through the earth. He spotted them after a few moments. Small mounds of earth that led into holes in the dirt. Moles. Perfect for his uses. He spent the rest of the day filling holes with water to draw them out to assimilate. In the end he managed to capture 5. Thier anatomy perfect for digging. They were small, however, with enough augmentations they would be able dig much faster and without rest. He over saw their transformation personally and ensured that they would be ready much sooner than normally.

Population: 21 (Seven of Nine and 9 drones, 2 flying drones, 5 diggers, 2 aquatic combat drones currently being assimilated in 2 turns)
Technology: Harvesting, Architecture, Assimilation, Power-Plant (Water mill, Steam generator, Coal power plant 3 turns)
Energy: 17/100 (each turn takes 10 energy increasing with population count) (+1 per turn -Water Mill +3)
Treasure: 200 lbs of iron, 1 dark crystal (function unknown), 1000 lbs of coal
>>
>>1203852
Oh Jesus power is a problem again. 5 drones Focus on that coal power plant 4 drones work on another water plant. 5 diggers well digg. And the flyers look for more power sources on the island more geothermal or any raw resources.

Playing supcom here lol.
>>
>>1203903

Roll for the effectiveness of rushing the Coal power plant, please.
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>1203916
Right sorry
>>
The workers began to flawlessly stitch together the power plant. Large hands maneuvering the wood and iron into shape. Hammer blows from fists and tiny torches welding the structure together. All he needed was one drone feeding the coal into the hungry maw of the structure. Its fire heating water and pushing a turbine at ridiculous speeds. Every time one of his drones shoved another handful of coal into it the fire flared to life, huge plumes of fire exiting the burning chamber. It was perfect.

You decide that you can never have too much power and position another water mill downstream of the one you already have. It was easy with the knowledge you already have when you created the first.

The diggers were voracious in their appetite for digging and he let their mammalian brains continue to function at what they did best. With some guidelines of course. They would ping a drone to move the coal they unearthed and to help with any large rocks or other minerals that they could not move on their own. The mine was beginning to get a few feet deep at the most and he was surprised to find so many surface minerals.

The ravens do not see many things of note on the island that you currently inhabit, however, they do see a shipwreck a few hundred feet off of the coastline that could be promising.

Population: 21 (Seven of Nine and 9 drones -1 occupied with helping the diggers-, 2 flying drones -2 Scouting the island for more resources-, 5 diggers -working in the strip mine-, 2 aquatic combat drones -currently being assimilated in 1 turns-)
Technology: Harvesting, Architecture, Assimilation, Power-Plant (Water mill, Steam generator, Coal power plant)
Energy: 21/100 (each turn takes 10 energy increasing with population count) (Water Mill +1, Steam Generator +3, Coal Power Plant +10) -10+14 = +4
Treasure: 300 lbs of iron, 1 dark crystal (function unknown), 900 lbs of coal

What will you do?
>>
Rolled 19, 86, 10 = 115 (3d100)

>>1203966
Alright we look at the Chrystal. The diggers dig. 5 drones work on finding more creatures to assimilate. More digger preferably. 4 on building another coal plant. And the flyers on capturing a human stealthily and assimilating it.
>>
>>1204079

I have to go to work... Not sure if this will still be here when I get back. Hopefully it will. If it isn't, how did you like the story so far? Also, posting this from my phone so the id will be different.
>>
>>1204148
I like it I feel as though some more organization of resources will to aways like knowing how much iron and coal we are using.

My current plan is to expand in this vacuume until i no longer can the rush the island with the entier army. So if you want somthing different you'll need to do somthing.

And don't worry about it disappearing qst is slow as a r9k flirting. You have 7 or so days before thread goes and 3 before it stops bumping.
>>
>>1204172
I dont plan on doing much as the GM to stop you until your troops reveal themselves... and seeing as how you rolled a 10 to try to capture humans... that might be coming up quite soon.
>>
>>12054972

Still currently at work, will update in a few hours.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>1205497
We'll shit
>>
>>1204172

Maybe something along the lines of the way I describe power usage? Perhaps...
>>
>>1205703
Yeah exactly othwise I think your doing great just keep with it.
>>
File: 5e7e3ec1f9fddc3f5088ed35f774b42d.jpg (240KB, 1600x794px) Image search: [Google]
5e7e3ec1f9fddc3f5088ed35f774b42d.jpg
240KB, 1600x794px
(included image is the city across the water)

Seven looked down at the crystal in his metallic hand. It looked like volcanic glass, however the edges didn’t fracture in the same razor like way that one might expect. He tried to break a chip off and only succeeded in putting a small gouge in the palm of his hand... so it was strong.

Something at the edge of his mind distracted him and he flung his consciousness towards the ravens. One was sitting on a tree branch staring down at the dead body of a man in green livery, his face seemingly cut by knives, eyes gouged out. Next to him were the remains of a drone, wings ripped off to show the combination of machinery and flesh. He was just about to fly off his perch and gather up its body when four men in glittering plate armor broke through the brush and set up a perimeter around the man. “Quinn!,” A female voice sobbed as she saw the dead body laying on the ground. She ran towards him and was held back by a guard.

“Stay back Princess, I don’t like the look of that raven,” said one man that held up a hand to keep her at bay. She collapsed against him and sobbed. Seven had seen enough and alighted from the branch.

The second coal power plant was coming along nicely and the beginning of its frame was set up next to the original.

Seven set 5 of his drones to drowning out more moles from the ground and was pleasantly surprised to find that by the end of the day they had gathered 5 more of them.
Population: 25 (Seven of Nine and 9 drones -5 finding creatures, 4 Building a coal power plant-, 2 flying drones -1 flying back from a failed mission-, 5 diggers -working in the strip mine- (5 being assimilated 2 turns) , 2 aquatic combat drones-)
Technology: Harvesting, Architecture, Assimilation, Power-Plant (Water mill, Steam generator, Coal power plant x2 in 3 turns)
Energy: 25/100 (each turn takes 10 energy increasing with population count) (Water Mill +1, Steam Generator +3, Coal Power Plant -100 coal. +10 Energy) -10+14 = +4
Treasure: 400 lbs of iron (Strip Mine + 100), 1100 lbs of coal (Strip mine +300),
1 dark crystal (function unknown)

What will you do?
>>
>>1208091
Alright that didn't go so well got found out on the first try.

Set the 9 drones to building up our home base. Making sure it has manufactory capabilities. Have our bird attempt to assimilate more birds. Our selves and the aquatic drones will attempt taking a fishing ship and everyone on board. Just have them disappear try and assimilate those humies.
>>
>>1208907
>>1208091

Could also get to making the Humans we capture transborgified into marine humanoid combat units?
>>
>>1208935
I was thinking shove them all in a room and use there brains as supercomputers but that works too.
>>
Uhh, making this rule up on the spot, but it does make sense. When you use a certain type of drone that is specialized in a certain area you'll get a bonus on roles for them. I'll add when I update in a bit.

I'm thinking flying and such get bonuses on tracking/scouting and stuff like that. The alligators/other aquatic animals get bonuses when they fight in their own environment.
>>
Rolled 5, 57, 31 = 93 (3d100)

>>1209040
I sorta assumed that was already the case :p also need to roll
>>
File: night-fishing-127971.jpg (60KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
night-fishing-127971.jpg
60KB, 800x640px
If he had jaws to clench they would be as he listened to the drones drone on with incessant calls of malfunction. The planks don’t line up properly and he had to take time to do many of the preparations by himself. Something was interrupting the communications between himself and his progeny. By the end of the day he managed to create an assembly line that turned raw iron into steel. But that was child’s play. A day wasted.

The birds knew something was off with the drone he controlled. But, they could not resist the nuts and berries laid about on the ground and he picked off 5 more ravens throughout the day. A good start.

The water was calm this night. The stars reflecting off the surface as he drifted through the water on the back of an aquatic drone. He made no sound as they approached a small fishing vessel. The two men on board were topless, their sun battered skin shiny and salt stained in the moonlight. “I dont like this, nights too calm,” said a man with a voice like a millstone, rough and cold.

“Oh go fuck yourself Grehm, you say that every night we dont catch mu..” his voice cut off as they struck. A whipcord tail arcing out of the water to pierce his neck. Blood sprayed across Grehms face and he slipped as the deck bucked under the assault of another aquatic drone from beneath the ship. Seven climbed aboard the deck and pinned the man to the floor of the boat. Grehm was about to speak and as his mouth opened Seven snapped his neck. He sent a command to the drones to scuttle the boat and bring the bodies back to become one with Seven.
Population: 30 (Seven of Nine and 9 drones -all building up the base-, 1 flying drones -1 assimilating x5 more ravens in 1 turn-, 5 diggers -working in the strip mine- (5 being assimilated 1 turns) , 2 aquatic combat drones -attacking a shipping vessel-, Spy -2 being assimilated 2 turns-)
Technology: Harvesting, Architecture, Assimilation, Power-Plant (Steel mill -+100 steel-,Water mill, Steam generator, Coal power plant x2 in 2 turns)
Energy: 25/100 (each turn takes 10 energy increasing with population count) (Water Mill +1, Steam Generator +3, Coal Power Plant -100 coal. +10 Energy) -10+14 = +4
Treasure: 400 lbs of iron (Strip Mine + 100, steel mill -100), 1100 lbs of coal (Strip mine +300),
1 dark crystal (function unknown), Steel 100 lbs (steel mill +100)

What will you do?
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>1209506

Work on ensuring we have appropriate camouflage from outsiders. Reduce smoke, and general viability from outside.
>>
>>1209506
For the description as to what there the drones are doing is that what they will continue to do if I don't give them orders?
>>
>>1209506

Keep all orders the same but have the aquatic combat drones find more creatures to assimilate into aquatic combat drones.
>>
Rolled 47, 66, 95 = 208 (3d100)

>>1209506
Forgot roles
>>
>>1209773

Yes.
>>
Rolled 12, 7, 58 = 77 (3d100)

>>1209506
>>1209785
this
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>1209506
Dig some pit traps near humans and that princess using the moles
>>
Rolled 4 + 3 (1d6 + 3)

using imminently dead thread to test dice
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.