[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stellaris RPG/Civ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault__2_.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault__2_.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
I've been playing this new game and I gotta say it would be awesome to play a thread based on it so I will give it a shot!

You are the chosen leader of your species. After millions of years of evolution you have reached the age of FTL space-travel! You will be building an intergalactic empire based solely on your decisions! Will you be a warmonger, conquering your way across the cosmos and subjugating all who stand in your way? Will you be a wise merchant, trading and buying planets and creating client-states? Will you be a sacred priest, spreading your holy word to all heretics? Or will you be brilliant scientists, unraveling the secrets of space?

How will you rule your government? Will you be a military dictatorship? A science directorate? A democracy? Will you rule as a god-king through your Divine Mandate? Or a despotic empire where a king rules all?

What will your society be like?
Agrarian, Industrious, Slow breeders, Intelligent?

It's all up to you!

Before we begin though: what is your archetype?
>Mammalian
>Reptilian
>Avian
>Arthropoid
>Molluscoid
>Fungoid
>>
>>119708
>Fungoid
I think this has a lot of potential
>>
>>119708
cats - spirit militarists
>>
>>119708
>Fungoid
>>
Molluscoid
>>
>>119708
>Fungoid
I'll back it. I like the idea of spore invasions.
>>
>>119708
I'm gonna do some MS paint work super quickly, then I shall continue posting!
>>
File: Fungoid_massive_11.png (144KB, 430x470px) Image search: [Google]
Fungoid_massive_11.png
144KB, 430x470px
Never mind! So, Fungoid it is!

Now, name and choose your home-planet climate:
>Continental
>Ocean
>Arid
>Desert
>Tundra
>Arctic
>Tropical
>>
If you'd like: post your favorite fungoid picture and most votes wins!

http://www.stellariswiki.com/Species#Fungoid
>>
Continental
>>
File: Fungoid_normal_09.png (76KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
Fungoid_normal_09.png
76KB, 300x360px
>>119773
this guy's cute
>>
>>119809
>>119773
also i'll vote Tropical, mushrooms grow better in the tropics
>>
Both of you roll a d6.
If you don't know how: in the options menu write dice+1d6
>>
>>119773
>>Tropical
>>
Nevermind, disregard that! So, you're planet is a humid, rocky world with a thick nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere. Seasons with significant precipitation are interchanged with drier periods. Most landmasses are covered in dense vegetation and hold a incredibly complex ecosystem.

Now, time to name your planet! For some good fungoid related names, think Cthulu mythos.
>>
>>119864
Zoth
>>
Zoth it is! I think I shall continue this thread once it gets more traffic. Probably tomorrow.
>>
>>119924
im lurking OP
>>
>>119924
Yeah, usually the more you post the more responses you get.
>>
>>119773
>Tropical
>>
So, I shall begin this again when I see five different posters. Bump for getting in.
>>
rwar
>>
bamp
>>
Keep it coming. Just three more!
>>
>>122272
thats what she said
>>
File: Boom.jpg (15KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Boom.jpg
15KB, 500x282px
>>122287
>>
>>122298
:P
>>
>>122272
reporting in
>>
Meh, fuck it three it is!

You are a fungoid based species on the planet Zoth! A tropical climate with small mountain formations but 85% of your planet's surface is covered in dense, rich vegetation with an incredibly complex ecosystem due to a thick nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere. Rain falls most of the year except during certain months.

Now, it is time to name the species! Remember, you are fungoid so think up names that are associated with fungi or just strange names in general!
>>
>>122354
>fungoid
Agaricus bitorquis
>>
>>122363
I mean like...Human or Quarian or Asari etc. Even add an apostrophe or hyphen like Char'ek or Tul-Zoor etc. Something small, easier to remember BUT that will be your scientific name!
>>
>>122354
Tekeli
>>
>>122373
i just pulled a fungus name
hmm not sure what name should pick
>>
>>122384
go with this one
>>
You are the Tekeli! After millions of years, your species gained sentience and developed to the point of FTL space-travel!

But how did your people develop? (you must choose two bad traits but you have a choice of 5 in total)

>agrarian
>industrious
>intelligent
>thrifty
>natural (engineers, physicists, sociologists) these are all individual.
>adaptive (spend two points to gain extremely adaptive)
>non-adaptive!
>rapid breeders
>slow breeders!
>talented
>quick learners
>slow learners!
>strong (spend two to gain very strong)
>weak!
>nomadic
>sedentary?
>communal
>solitary
>charismatic
>repugnant!
>conformists
>enduring (spend two points to gain venerable)
>decadent!
>resilient

!=bad trait
?=both good and bad
>>
>>122408
adaptive 2 points
>quick learners
>sedentary?(not too sure what that means)
weak
>>
>>122421
Once there is a consensus on traits, I will explain. I want to keep them vague so that way when creation of the species and planet is complete, I will write in all info.
>>
>>122421
Sedentary means that our race doesn't like migrating/moving.

I'll support these traits as well.
>>
>>122431
More like hesitant to move but not completely unwilling.
>>
>>122421
sounds good
>>
Great your traits are picked!

One last piece of flavor creation and then the rest is all important stuff pertaining to the quest!

Name your star(sun) and galaxy(milky way)
>>
>>122460
milky way

eyeburn?
>>
>>122460
Aies VII - sun
>>
>>122582
im not good at naming things
im fine with this one
>>
>>122582
Great! Now just come up with a name for your star system! If not, I'll make one up!
>>
>>122601
Sigma Zulu ?
>>
>>122611
I'm trying to keep it more alien sounding. You are a sentient fungal people after all.
>>
>>122601
Cthaat
>>
>>122616
Just giving those who are thinking five more minutes, we'll go with this one if nobody else can come up with something.
>>
Shame that I have to wait till the sales, before getting that one, looks really good.

>>122601
>Epsilon Indi?
or
>Alpha Deluvia System?
>>
>>122614
i just opened up a name genteror
guse i shuld have spamed it alot more
>>
>>122616
Actually this does sound better.
Support
>>
>>122625
Don't worry, I think I am gonna settle on Cthaat, I like the sound of it as it has that alien language feel. I'm gonna be coming up with future planet names so I want to keep it strange sounding.
>>
>>122635
im fine with you nameing the things
>>
>>122625
That is what I do a lot of the time. Names are a pain and more so to get fitting ones.
>>
Cthaat is your home planet!

Now, for how you govern!

You must pick one major and one minor defining attribute, this will determine what kind of government is yours!

All will have the fanatic tag and that is the major defining attribute which you must pick, then choose one regular.

Here are the choices:
>Xenophobe
>Xenophile
>Collectivist
>Individualist
>Materialist
>Spiritualist
>Pacifist
>Militarist

There also those that can't go together such as the obvious militarist/pacifist.
>>
>>122644
spam is how its done
>>
>>122658
sorry, star system not home planet!
>>
>>122658
>Individualist
>Militarist
>>
>>122658
>Collectivist
Xenophile

All for the fungal hive.
>>
>>122686
is the leader going to be called the swarm lord?
>>
>>122693
It all depends on what is most voted on and what government is picked.
>>
Oh, plus you have to put Fanatic before one of your choices.
>>
>>122703
Individualist fanatic
we can mor into what ever we want
>>
>>122693
Lord Hyphae

>>122707
Seeing that it's just us two active. I will back ya if the minor is Xenophile. To help counter our sedentary life style. Love of others could be used to push us to explore.
>>
Looking for more choices! Let's see how you think our galactic empire shall be ruled! If not it's a coin toss between:

Fanatic Individualist
Militarist

or

Fanatic Collectivist
Xenophile

Two completely different styles!
>>
>>122736
could just roll and go with that one? or you know more poepl got in on it
>>
I think you two should do a 1d6 roll. If you don't know how just in case, in the options part write dice+1d6
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>122768
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>122768
I guess others be sleeping.
>>
>>122774
wow we each went to competaly other ends of the roll wore we going higher or lower?
>>
>>122783
Heh we are on different ends in picks and dice.
>>
>>122774
Well, damn! Fanatic Collectivist/Xenophile it is! Which means you have but one choice as your government (game has a formula I am using) and it is a Despotic Empire, a pure form of autocracy, with an absolute ruler that governs the state with an iron...appendage.

Last part for creation before flavor text is written and the quest begins! By the way, I will be playing like those civ Bolgar quests where I list a bunch of options and you go with that one and I make up events for it!

The last part of creation is: What is your empire's name, choose one of three weapon systems and one of three FTL methods.

Weapon systems:
>Projectile
>Energy
>Missile

FTL methods:
>Warp
>Hyperspace
>Wormhole

I am gonna be walking to my convenience store which is a little ways away. I WILL be back in about 30-45 minutes. Debate among yourselves and choose wisely!
>>
>>122788
who are you? my arch enemy? lol
>>
>>122796
>Energy
Warp
or mybe some warp energy
well if we aare going to be a hive mide might as well do soem mide blast or soemthing
>>
>>122796
My vote for name is Zhu Yhagni.

>>122798
I'll back the picks.
>>
>>122814
keep it going as its 3am here soo im off to bed
>>
Alright all, I am back! Just gonna go burn a bowl and then your journey begins!
>>
>>122920
*The hype intensifies*
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (132KB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
132KB, 1920x818px
>>122920
>>122814

You, are the Tekeli. A sentient race of fungi, your kind over the course of millions of years, have evolved into the race you are today. Your planet, Zoth, is a tropical world. A humid, rocky world with a thick nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere. Seasons (if there are any) with significant precipitation are broken by intermittent points of drier periods. Most landmasses are completely covered in vegetation and house an incredibly complex ecosystem of predators and prey of all types both small and large. Your kind thrives in this climate so your evolutionary period was a smaller one than most species. Your society is based around varying sizes of your kind as your species varies in appearance with a complex caste system. You revere and worship enormous, ancient Tekeli called the Volgethaana or "The Great Ones" in Common-speak.

You are the Volgethaana, a unisex sentient root system that are the size of large trees or skyscrapers controls the lesser versions of yourself to do your bidding. The smallest versions of yourself, no bigger than a normal toadstool, are your scouts, your eyes and ears in the rain-forests, your sensors. The smaller ones, about the size of a medium dog or pig, are your workers, your laborers and farmers who come in all sorts of shapes but all have varying functions (tentacles, flagella, pincers etc) the bigger, more bipedal ones are your scientists, philosophers, complex thinkers and pilots. They man all your space-faring vessels from the smallest scout ship, to the biggest space carriers and juggernauts. The one size below you, about the size of school-buses or other large structures make up your defensive and offensive ground troops. Able to carry weapons on however they were formed, these make up the vanguard of all planetary ground sieges and defenses.

Your society is made up of a complex caste system and all your people can evolve or change based on what new role they fit but the Volgethaana are "chosen" by the greatest among your kind via a "singularity vote." Your kind can communicate both vocally and telepathically by connecting to "The Network" an incredibly complex root and stem system that allows all Tekeli'i to communicate on their planet.

They are however, open and welcome to the idea of extraterrestrial life, but are prepared to war or defend if the time calls. Their wish, now that they have learned FTL flight is to learn all their is about the galaxies around them and do whatever is necessary to ensure their survival among the stars.

For the last thousand years, your people have looked to the stars and have discovered more habitable planets surrounding them and have decided to name this cluster of planets Cthaat, after one of their first Volgethaana who they now revere as a god.

Your culture is based around what the Collective wants, be it entertainment, religion, identity, you always change but always stay the same.

Still gonna write more.
>>
After discovering your galaxy of Cthaat, your people wanted to explore more. After many years of research and development, your people created the Warp Drive, a subspace "bubble" around all spacecrafts that allows for free but relatively slow movement across stars, given the great distances between them.

While working on this, your "military" was busy taking the Yehm-Traguud Crystal and building a device capable of concentrating the incredibly powerful energy it emits into a beam thus creating your first energy weapons which you attached to all ships and mass-produced weapons for your soldiers.

Your people all share common, inherent traits despite your varied appearances and roles.

Your species surprisingly has the capabilities to "plant" themselves in most climates be it a desert or tundra. Your kind also has the innate ability to quickly learn from their successes as well as failures given your quick evolutionary cycle but your kind is also shy to go too far away from their home-world as they are yet unsure if they can establish new networks on new planets and as such are hesitant to colonize. Although you vary in appearance and size, your kind is considered generally weaker than a lot of species, not in the martial sense but biologically.

And thus you shall begin your journey to the cosmos!!
>>
You have:
1 Science Ship (capable of surveying planets for resources, discovering new galaxies, interacting with new species, learning and analyzing planets, discovering anomalies and creating observation posts for primitive civilizations.)
1 Construction Ship (capable of building mining stations, research stations for your scientists and archaeologists, military stations, defense platforms and terra-form<--later game)
3 Small class military crafts (your first fleet)

These are your decisions
>A: Survey
>B: Research and Development
>C: Politics
>D: Exploration
>E: Other
>>
>>123137
I quess it is better to find out what is around us.
>D: Exploration

What does survey do?
>>
>>123171
Survey is when you discover a galaxy, your science ship will scan every planet for resources. I should make the difference clear. Exploration is leaving your home galaxy to find other planets or forms of life while survey is looking for resources INSIDE discovered galaxies.
>>
>>123137
We get the goods we get the power.
>>
>>123137
Politics
>HIVEMIND
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

1-2: D
3-4: A
5-6: C

Here goes.
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

The Volgethaana have chosen to explore outside of our galaxy. They feel that they need to know what lies beyond our galaxy so they have sent their science ship, ZYA Sor-Golthana out into the unknown! You prepare for a long journey as you and your group of scientists board your ship. (in your language, a conversation between three of the scientists) "Who knows what lies beyond..." "I fear the worst, we've never even left the planet, now The Great Ones are asking us to go BEYOND Cthaat?! This is ridiculous!" "Oh well, a job is a job and we have to know or face the wrath of The Great Ones." After many years spent traversing across Cthaat, you have reached the border of the galaxy and are prepared to leave...

Rolling for event
>>
>>123262
kek...I hate to leave you guys in suspense but I am going out to eat for like...45 minutes. You got a good event roll, so keep that in mind! I will not abandon thread, I swear it!
>>
>>123267
I am back.
>>
>>123749
Hi Back.
>>
I'll just need some time to type up an event and think up more stuff. Thank you guys for being patient, I have had a shitty fucking day and this is my only solace.
>>
File: Class_G_star.png (861KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Class_G_star.png
861KB, 900x900px
Your science ship makes the jump into hyperspace to the bordering galaxy of Nimolan-Je. You see on your scanners that six planets exist in this star system. They all rotate around a Class G Star you name Gol-Qotha after another ancient Volgethaana. You also notice one of these planets has living conditions!

What do you do with these findings?
>Explore more of this galaxy
>Continue on to another star system
>Return to report these findings
>Other
>>
>>123860
>Return to report these findings
Start building a colony
>>
>>123860
>>Continue on to another star system
>>
>>123860
>Other
Plant down a handful of "colonists" to establish an initial root system. We can establish a beachead for further operations, give ourselves somewhere to run in case of emergencies, and find what this new system has to offer us in a single stroke!
>>
>>123860
Explore more
>>
kek one vote for each. "That's a democracy in action. That's two vote against two votes. A perfect example of when...democracy has failed."--Dennis Reynolds
>>
>>123943
This
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>Name: Tekeli, Tekeli’i, Tekelian
>Planet: Zoth
>Home Star System: Cthaat
>Type: Fungoid
>Empire Name: Zhu Yhaagni Collective
>Government type and philosophy: Fanatic Collectivist, Xenophile. Despotic Empire

Your ships:

1 Science Ship (capable of surveying planets for resources, discovering new galaxies, interacting with new species, learning and analyzing planets, discovering anomalies and creating observation posts for primitive civilizations.) Names: Sor-Golthana

1 Construction Ship (capable of building mining stations, research stations for your scientists and archaeologists, military stations, defense platforms and terra-form<--later game)

Leader: Volgethaana

Demographic: 100% Tekeli
Population: (Unknown Variant due to ever shifting numbers)
Discovered Stars: Gol-Qotha

Resources: (works in nodes that you spend on buildings and units. Will mark if resource is rare or common.)

Common resource: Energy (intergalactic currency and also used to maintain/upkeep everything: 6

Minerals(a collective term for basic resources used to construct ships, stations and planetary buildings): 12

(Your Influence works dynamically and is instead named for its current state rather than a number. You raise this by doing great feats such as colony building, allying or winning a war with or against a nation, creating great feats of architecture and doing great acts of diplomacy, trade or politics. It goes down when you lose a war, lose an ally or vassal, political strife becomes too much, factions taking control or gaining more influence and generally doing bad things.) Influence: Insignificant
Research types (the three research branches all have a base number of +5 and gain when you build research stations on planets with “research nodes” or knowledge of new things discovered on that planet.
Physics Research: +5

Society Research: +5

Engineering Research: +5

“Rare” or Strategic Resources: 0

Directly Controlled Planets (this can be raised by gaining influence) 1/5

These are your stats that you will be working with. I will begin to write out what happens now. Also rolling.
>>
Having to report back your findings to the Volgethaana and pick up colonists, your ship has found the route back to Cthaan with ease, however, when you return to home base, you discover that your science ship took some damage in hyperspace! It's a moderate repair but not too extensive and your "bi-pedals" get to work immediately to repair it. Your three scientists make their way to a Hub to report their findings to your "state" Volgethaana named Zehr-ka-Mahl, a queen chosen from the bi-pedal class, rooted to the ground but has many characteristics of her former self, blue shaded with green, her skin looks like a Rorschach painting and stands at 200 feet tall. She asks if you had a further look at the planet but all you could report is that the planet has what could be considered stable living conditions. She ponders for a long time, you feel uneasy, she says you may colonize the planet but she knows the condition of your ship and can not allow for this venture to occur without first a stable craft and also she wants to know more about this one planet first. She also remarks that a branch of scientists have been working on this amazing new device that allows for portable Network links and will be attached to your ship to test it out while repairs are made.

What will your species focus on now?
>A: Building
>B: Politics
>C: Research & Development
>D: Other
>>
>>124067
D engineering (i guess we are suppose to specify which of the 3?)
>>
>>124083
Research and Development incorporates all three and when that happens you will choose one of three branches and then an event roll will happen.
>>
>>124067
>A: Building
More ships. Always more ships.
>>
We'll go with building! The Collective decides it needs to improve upon its fleet of space-faring vessels, but what does the Collective decide it needs most?
>Science Ship (cost: 1 Mineral and cost to maintain is 0.5)
>Construction Ship: 1 Mineral, 0.5
>Small Military Craft: 2 Mineral, 1
>>
Will continue this tomorrow.
>>
>>124260
>Construction Ship.

Just to clarify, one ship at a time? Also, multiple or single fleets? I ask because I'd like to start up the new colony with a construction ship to enable quick growth.
>>
>>125299
Checked

You can call out as many ships as you want, but you do have a resource limit. If you wanted to build 4 Science ships, that would cost 4 Energy and take 2 minerals to upkeep.
>>
Name: Tekeli, Tekeli’i, Tekelian
Planet: Zoth
Star System: Cthaat
Type: Fungoid
Empire Name: Zhu Yhaagni Collective
Government type and philosophy: Fanatic Collectivist, Xenophile. Despotic Empire

Your ships:
1 Science Ship (capable of surveying planets for resources, discovering new galaxies, interacting with new species, learning and analyzing planets, discovering anomalies and creating observation posts for primitive civilizations.) Names: Sor-Golthana

Resources: (works in nodes that you spend on buildings and units. Will mark if resource is rare or common.)

Common resource: Energy (intergalactic currency and also used to maintain/upkeep everything: 6
Minerals(a collective term for basic resources used to construct ships, stations and planetary buildings): 12
(Your Influence works dynamically and is instead named for its current state rather than a number. You raise this by doing great feats such as colony building, allying or winning a war with or against a nation, creating great feats of architecture and doing great acts of diplomacy, trade or politics. It goes down when you lose a war, lose an ally or vassal, political strife becomes too much, factions taking control or gaining more influence and generally doing bad things.) Influence: Insignificant
Research types (the three research branches all have a base number of +5 and gain when you build research stations on planets with “research nodes” or knowledge of new things discovered on that planet.

Your kind has discovered a new galaxy, however in the process your science vessel took damage to its FTL core and needs repairs! The Volgethaana decided that they needed more space crafts! What do you choose to build?
>Science ship: cost 1 Mineral, 0.5 energy upkeep
>Construction Ship: 1, 0.5
>Small-class military ship: 2, 1
>>
If anyone from yesterday is here, I am back.
>>
>>127106
1 science, 2 construction.

Also, do we have an income of energy yet? Because I'm not sure if we do. It doesn't explicitly say it in the sheet as far as I can tell.
>>
>>127561
Not quite yet. You haven't done any surveying for resources so you're using your stagnant home-planet economy. I am heading out now however. I will try to be back but if not then tomorrow for sure.
>>
>>127561
support
>>
I am now officially back until 6 PM Eastern US time (Massachusetts)
>>
>>127106
Are we really working on the level of multiple galaxies, or are you just mixing them up with star systems?
>>
>>131807
I have a Google Doc open at all times so that way we can work on the level of multiple galaxies. Think Mass Effect in a way (Horsehead Nebula, Attican Beta etc.) And I am not short for names of these systems and planets.
>>
P.S I am back until 11 AM Massachusetts time.
>>
>>133862
ok
>>
If more people are willing to join, I will continue this. It's just been super slow if you look at the time-stamps.
>>
>>134084
come on man build some energy hub so we can have some credit
>>
>>134113
As of right now, you haven't surveyed any planets, so you do not know what or even if there are resources in your star system. Plus, the consensus was fleet expanding.
>>
>>134117
i see.... my bad
>>
>>134130
Don't worry about it! You just jumped into this so I see no need to be upset! To be honest, I am way more upset that this didn't take off like I wanted it to. I thought this would be a cool premise to create your own space empire, but I guess only a select few like to do such things lol
>>
>>134138
soo when will our science and construction ship finish?
>>
>>134147
Well...I WAS gonna wait to see what people decided, but when the next event drops is when they are completed. Have you played Civ Bulgar quests here? I kinda do something similar where I list options, you pick one, I create an event for you to solve and back to options again. So once the people decide what they want to build specifically, I will do an event roll and base what happens around that roll.
>>
>>134156
nope newfag here
so what can we do for now?
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>134166
What I am gonna do now, is roll dice+1d100 and based on the number I get, I create an event! SO, let us see where this goes!
>>
>>134180
okay! seems like other are asleep
>>
While your engineers were working on the new science ship, the Warp Core wasn't properly installed and created a terrible effect where a mini black hole was created! Sucking in the engineers, it has both killed and ruined the construction ship! You now only have two science ships and the people's happiness has lowered significantly because of this awful event! People are now regarding the idea of space travel as dangerous and certain private investors are pulling their funds because of this! However, the Volgethaana are adamant about surveying the habitable planet and surrounding planets, your planetary economy is stagnating due to overpopulation and the lack of natural resources needed to create stations and ships.

Name: Tekeli, Tekeli’i, Tekelian
Planet: Zoth
Star System: Cthaat
Type: Fungoid
Empire Name: Zhu Yhaagni Collective
Government type and philosophy: Fanatic Collectivist, Xenophile. Despotic Empire

Your ships:
2 Science Ships (capable of surveying planets for resources, discovering new galaxies, interacting with new species, learning and analyzing planets, discovering anomalies and creating observation posts for primitive civilizations.) Names: Sor-Golthana, Jor-Telnamen, (upkeep: 1 Energy)
2 Construction Ships (capable of building mining stations, research stations for your scientists and archaeologists, military stations, defense platforms and terra-form<--later game) (upkeep: 1 Energy
3 Small class military crafts (your first fleet) (upkeep: 3 Energy

Common resource: Energy (intergalactic currency and also used to maintain/upkeep everything: 5
Minerals(a collective term for basic resources used to construct ships, stations and planetary buildings): 10

Choose what to do next:
>B: Exploration
>C: Building
>D: Research and Development
>E: Politics
>>
>>134205
survey it is then
>>
Did you read the whole lore by the way? It's important that you do so you know how you would base your decisions and if you so choose, RPG a little dialogue.
>>
>>134261
sorry
well then let us survey the Gol-Qotha system
and our own system
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>134357
Oh, I was just asking because you're fanatically collectivist which is fancy speak for your culture is based around a...I guess hive mind but more fungal; a "root system." You're also xenophilic meaning, like humans, you're open to extraterrestrial life at this point but you're also a Despotic Empire. What's good for the kings and queens or "Volgethaana" is good for the planet.

I will now roll for an event, make something up and then I gotta head out.
>>
Your survey teams find....NOTHING! Across Cthaat's planets are barren wastelands of either inhospitable tundra's and deserts to extremely poisonous atmospheres that you currently don't have the technology for! Your scientists and engineers are not only distraught at this but the Volgethaana are NOT pleased at this report. All space associated exploits are to be put on hold until this crisis is solved! Your other science ship IS repaired, but to go against the Volgethaana is a death sentence in the most literal sense. Crime and Punishment is dealt with fairly...but punishment is the worst. You are slowly uprooted from the network and your connections are severed, slowly driving you mad and leaving you open to the diseases and predators of the planet. All of which, you can feel.

This will prove problematic in the short run, Gol-Qotha wasn't even surveyed when your queen called you back because of what happened in Cthaat.

This is where I leave you till tomorrow.
What do you decide to focus on now?
A: Politics
B: Research and Development
C: Building
D: Administration

(I am thinking up categories as I go along until I have a strong base of choices. Thanks for being patient with this game.)
>>
>>134403
When they say all space-based exploits, what about construction and exploration of stations around the rest of our own solar system?

If we can then use that to revitalise the economy of our world and provide a better interest in exploration from the government.
>>
>>134403
>B: Research and Development
Long range scanners. Well if we can't leave we will make the tools to scan from here. We have the reading of our system to mach readings as we test.
>>
Hey guys, I am gonna start this up tomorrow around 10 AM Massachusetts time.
>>
Or now is fine too! Whenever any one wants to join I am here now.
>>
>>137237
Pretty much, yeah. All space flight is grounded. The Volgethaana are mad as fuck right now at the survey teams and now realizing that they don't have easy access to much needed resources, they had to force all space related work to a halt because they're putting all their best scientists, engineers, sociologists, archaeologists etc on the job and they can't waste resources on something as risky as FTL flight or space stations. If you look back, a research team found another galaxy with one possible habitable planet, but haven't surveyed it yet. Also, the science vessel had a broken FTL drive...which led to the explosive black hole...which caused all this...
>>
So I am thinking about starting over now because of lack of interest. I really want to try to get one going again because of a few reasons. Practicing writing, I enjoy moderating and narrating a story and I like to see what people's decisions are. So if any moderators see this, you can probably delete it. I am actually DEFINITELY gonna start a new one.
>>
>>140808
link the new one in here please so i dont have to go digging for it :D
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.