[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mercenary Company Quest 1#

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 270
Thread images: 28

File: A_Vanitas)_by_Edward_Collier.jpg (806KB, 1871x1037px) Image search: [Google]
A_Vanitas)_by_Edward_Collier.jpg
806KB, 1871x1037px
Nearly five thousand years ago, there was two types of people - those with magic, and those without it. From the first moment someone drew energies from the Otherworldly Plane, the Ether, man has subjugated his fellow man. The ambition of these Magical Lords drew them into mighty wars with one another. Due to the lore being complex, the ability demanding on the body, the time consuming of mystical study began to fade. As the population of magic users declined, the rights of every man began to soar. Cagomani the Great began a social contract with his most loyal servants. In exchange for service in times of war, he would relinquish parcels of land to them to till and take care of. Since then, war has at least been less destructive on the grand scale. Around two hundred years ago, a group of generals and regents formed a military realm over a spread out people from the north called the Lēode. These men stripped down all social ranks save for their head of state, the Emperor. They took up the mantle as the Lēoden Stratocracy. Now they hungrily eye the Kingdom of Réimír, rich in land and folk. What has stopped these two giants from going to war is two border states. The Timocratic Cities and the old ass Kingdom known by its people and others as Erresuma. That is, until the Cities and Erresuma started going to war with each other, and the damned Lēoden joined in.

You see, Erresuma is a Kingdom of hills, mountains, and dense forests. What few plains it does have are farms. The people there are hardy, isolated, and not too welcoming of outsiders. Surrounded on two sides by the most powerful nations on the continent, they were ready for a fight. It's been ten years since the war began, no end is in sight. To save more young men dying, the Stratocracy started to employ their favorite little bag of ruffians - Mercenaries. From around the world they come, but one among them is special. The Lordless Bannermen are one of the oldest and most elite of bands roaming around the world. Formed of disenfranchised nobility, they recruit any and all with a strong financial backing of aristocrats. Despite the laurels of gentry weighing on their leadership, they have no qualms advancing a state determined to destroy them. They've been working for the Lēoden damn near ten years now, fighting in countless wars and rebellions for their expansive state.

What does all this mean for you? You're part of the Bannermen. A mercenary brother sworn to the Script, a charter dating back older than most nations today. But that still doesn't tell us who you exactly are.
>>
File: Bannermen Map.png (50KB, 1882x1168px) Image search: [Google]
Bannermen Map.png
50KB, 1882x1168px
>>119634
This game is inspired by the Black Company series by Glen Cook. While not in the same universe, it will follow some of the same basic conventions such as humans being the only race.

The system will be using is partially inspired from the Black Company Quest currently running too. For skill rolls, we'll be using a percentile roll under system. Participants will roll a d100. Best 2 of 3 are taken in, and the average between them is decided. Example: Anon1 rolls a 1, Anon 2 and 3 both roll 100s. Only one 100 is taken into account, and the average between 1 and 100 is 50. Turning a failure into a possible success.

Without further ado, character generation.

Background: [Choose One]

Timocratic Burgher
The three cities were once the head of a mighty empire, but as of late they've fallen in prestige. The industrious middle class of workers known as the Burghers keep them afloat with tireless trade. From fractories full of hardworking craftsmen, to foundries producing enough metalwork to fund both the superpowers. You were born into this life and it's all you've known, acting as producer and merchant. For whatever reason, you left that life that city life to join up with the company. Hopefully your skills can come in handy...
Traits: Literate, Fast Talker(Best 3 of 5 for Interaction Tests), Skilled(+10 to creating objects with tools), Militia Training, Bilingual.

Lēoden Citizen
Though the Stratocracy is founded on the basis of no social ranks besides that of the Emperor, eligibility for taking part in most of its liberties comes with the price of military service. Though not mandatory, most farmers sons and daughters join the military. Women are trained as scouts, medical personnel, and muskeeters. Men form the backbone of the infantry, engineering corps, and such. The Bannermen offer better pay for what you were doing already, so why not join up? Or perhaps something happened in your last post...
Traits: Disciplined(+10 towards maintaining your cool), Precise(Roll 2x for dmg, take higher), Citizen Guard Training, Speak Lēoden.

Landless Réimírin Knight
Your father, or his father, or someone in your ancestery pissed off the King. A bad idea. You're a bloodline without the power, a name without the backing. A hollow remnant of something proud. You have heirloom armor, a horse you probably had to steal or kill for. You've served with the Réimírin army as an Equestrian Scout, but that's a no where position. The Bannermen was founded by people such as yourself. Perhaps that will be your chance to ascend from this piss-poor station?
Traits: Trained Rider(Best 3 of 5 for Riding Tests), Armor Trained(No Penalty for Heavy Armor), Literate, Knight Training.

>Continued
>>
>>119652
Dansc Hermit Mage
The Hermit Mages have existed for quite a while in the Danser cities, Areteia being infested with them. These not so humble practictioners of the mystic are men with more willpower than training. Stealing scraps of information from the Mage Lords of the Danser, pawning and pleading for more, they are able to preform simple tricks. The Bannermen has actual mages, but their advanced age demands more fodder. Will you become like many would-be apprentice successors, or actually achieve greatness?
Traits: Literate, Capable of Magic, Militia Training, Bilingual.

Erresuman Peasant
The war has waged for so long famine has spread across your homeland. The forests no longer provide bounty as they once did. Armies roam the land taking what little there is left. And you're not sure which are worse, the invaders or your own kin. Most certainly nearly everyone you know is dead. The Bannermen are no better than anyone else, but they offer double pay to locals who can speak Lēoden willing to join them. It's going to be the start of a hard life.
Traits: Bilingual, Erresuman Local(Knowledgeable in the customs and geography of this secluded land), Resolute(Have an additional +5 to HP), Militia Training.
>>
>>119652
>Landless Réimírin Knight
>Your father, or his father, or someone in your ancestery pissed off the King. A bad idea. You're a bloodline without the power, a name without the backing. A hollow remnant of something proud. You have heirloom armor, a horse you probably had to steal or kill for. You've served with the Réimírin army as an Equestrian Scout, but that's a no where position. The Bannermen was founded by people such as yourself. Perhaps that will be your chance to ascend from this piss-poor station?
>Traits: Trained Rider(Best 3 of 5 for Riding Tests), Armor Trained(No Penalty for Heavy Armor), Literate, Knight Training.
>>119634
>>119658
>>
>>119830
I honestly expected at least two posters. Would you mind waiting a bit more? The Knight tree is the last one I'm making, so it may take a moment.
>>
>>119903
Perfectly alright. Mind explaining what all Knight Training entails in the first place, however?
>>
>>119652
Timocratic burger!
Because america.
BTW nice pic. Especially right corner.
>>
>>119921
Knight Training involves being superior and outclassing with wit and finesse.

Militia is about using what you got, which largely involves raw strength.

The Citizen Guard is a soldier, through and through. Best when fighting in a group, and has lots of things relating to working with allies.
>>
>>119961
Alright, five minutes then we move forward.
>>
>>119658
>Dansc Hermit Mage
Capable magic
Militia training
literate
>>
>>120060
Alright we have a 3 way tie now.

Landless Réimírin Knight: 1
Timocratic Burgher: 1
Dansc Hermit Mage: 1
>>
>>120090
I'm staying hard for the Knight.
>>
>>120090
Roll a 1d 3.
I like the idea of merchant. But I'd rather a fighting class and Mage was my inbetween.
>>
File: 1407742062994.jpg (61KB, 736x995px) Image search: [Google]
1407742062994.jpg
61KB, 736x995px
>>120106
Here we go.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>120114
Godfuckingpieceofshitfuck
>>
File: 1429735002370.jpg (325KB, 804x1506px) Image search: [Google]
1429735002370.jpg
325KB, 804x1506px
And we go with the Mage. Sorry to the other two who were hardlining for the other choices for so long. But look at the bright side, if the current character dies, he'll get replaced!

And, there might be a chance to earn that Knight Training...

Bannermen Rank: [Choose One]

Sergeant NOTE: NOT AVAILABLE TO HERMIT MAGE OR ERRESUMAN
You've been part of the company for most of your life. You're getting up there in years, but haven't passed your prime. Just yet. You keep your squad together through a combination of cunning and respect. The boys know who you are intimately, and know you're always going to watching out for them. Unfortunately, your higher ups don't seem to keep that ideal.
Traits: Respected(+10 to Interaction tests with Bannermen), Veteran(+10 to attack tests, +2 to damage), Disciplined(Same as above, double if chosen twice).

Corporal
Through some chance of pure luck you managed to live long enough to be trustworthy. You're the man who tells the Sarge what's up, and the voice for the squad to the Sarge. A sticky place to be, but fuck it, some poor bastard has to do it. You're expected to serve better than the grunts, despite not that much gap in experience. Still, you have a few tricks up your sleeve and aren't expected to be a paragon of Bannermen virtue like the Sarge.
Traits: Tricky(Once per thread, produce an item you've been hiding this whole time), Frontline Fighter(-20 Special Attack to deal double damage), Not My Fault(+20 to Deception with Bannermen).

Private
You've been in a handful of battles and proven your worth. You're a trusted member of the Bannermen now. You're not a dedicated killer, a hardened and jaded soul, or a particularly crafty man. But you've lived longer than most in this dangerous profession. You're surrounded by brothers now, and fight together as one against anything. With them, anything is possible it feels like. No matter the odds.
Traits: Brotherhood(+10 to keeping cool when with two or more Bannermen), Wolfpack(Reroll Attacks when with two or more Bannermen), School of First Chances(+10 to Evading Attacks)

Recruit
You're fresh meat, haven't even been in a battle yet. Most of the Bannermen don't view you as one of their own. But this does give you a degree of freedom that others don't have. You're an unknown, people don't know your face well enough yet. Plus, you have a chance of joining up into the specialized squads rather than getting sidelined into the infantry like the above ranks.
Traits: Unburdened(No Penalties for Allies Dying), Green(After first combat, choose any Training tree), Fresh Face(+20 to Deception Tests with Bannermen upon first encounter).
>>
File: tegaki.png (87KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
87KB, 400x400px
DAYUM
>>
>>120138
Private
>>
>>120155
Man, I am with you but knight training is beautiful.

Gm picking up training is possible later on in assume?

Fuck it Private. Just makes sense.
>>
File: soulcatcher.jpg (106KB, 400x786px) Image search: [Google]
soulcatcher.jpg
106KB, 400x786px
>>120181
My friend, Recruit is what you want if you perhaps want to be a Knight Mage.
>>
>>120138
Gotta go with recruit on this one. Fresh faced young mageling just starting out.
>>
>>120185
I want it, but.. you're right I'll go recruit.
Going for battle Mage. Should be able to hit private soon enough. Since we shouldn't be dying. Via well trained and such.
Recruit.>>120198
>>
>>120138
Recruit.
>>
File: Militia Training.jpg (176KB, 791x564px) Image search: [Google]
Militia Training.jpg
176KB, 791x564px
Alright, final step now.

Pick One Advance on Tier One.

Pick a Skilled Weapon:
Arming Sword
Pike
Halberd
Matchlock Weapons(Pistol and Rifle)
Poleaxe

What is your age, and name?
The Dansc are Danish and Dutch combined

Your Magical Powers Include: Blend(Make something slightly invisible for a minute. Slightly). Spark(Ignite something with your fingertips). Concussion(Lose -2 Hit Points to send a blast of Ether from fingertips).
>>
>>120233
Skilled with Poleaxes.

Always Ready, for when we inevitably get disarmed.

We are 18. Our name is Arjan DeGroot.
>>
>>120233
does armor interfere at all with our magic? If not, I pick Making Do. For weapon, Arming sword, if we're working towards mage knightery. I like this guy's >>120268 choice of name and age.
>>
>>120294
Armor does not. Some of the most powerful Mage Lords have enchanted heavy plate.
>>
>>120268
>Matchlock Weapons(Pistol and Rifle)
Other than the skilled weapons. I am fine with everything else. We are a Mage.
Armed and ready will come in great if they reach us.
Once we get knight training we should be plenty fine with a sword.
>>
File: the_bad_and_ugly_by_a6a7.jpg (36KB, 600x859px) Image search: [Google]
the_bad_and_ugly_by_a6a7.jpg
36KB, 600x859px
You took a ferry down the River Maski, hearing tall tales of the war. Plenty of work to had down there! Along the way you did parlor tricks, largely to earn the passage itself. You spent plenty of nights with a hungry stomach, under the rain. The mud squishing beneath your hairless feet. You made your way to the Stratocracy, using your knowledge of the local language to make your way to Fort Miht. There you found the encamped Lordless Bannermen. Rows upon rows of some of the most hardy looking folk you've never seen. Other mercenary bands stood with them but they were fresh. Formed from Timocratic folk seeking fortune on the campaign, getting far more than they bargained for in this campaign.

The officer who swore you in was a man named Biter. You weren't sure why he was named that, or why people called him 'Ell-Tee Bite'. A story there to unravel later. You got your Bannermen colors, a beige tunic and a fresh pair of boots. Starting pay, he joked. They gave you a decent weapon to add to your own dagger. A leather jerkin came shortly after with a hole in it and some dried blood. Seems someone was cheating at dice, and there was an availability. The march began the next day.

A man came into the tent where you've been held up. "You're a mage, huh?" He asks, stepping up closer to you. He seems to be wearing the same type of jerkin as you, with a few metallic kneepads and elbowpads. His weapon is at his hip, a small axe.

>[1]Yeah, I'm the new mage. Who are you?
>[2]Noooo, I'm totally not a mage.(Use Spark).
>[3]What's it to you?
>[4](Write in)
>>
>>120395
>>[2]Noooo, I'm totally not a mage.(Use Spark).
>>
>>120395
Number two, but in a friendly fashion. Maybe we light up a smoke with Spark, assuming we have any.
>>
>>120395
>>[1]Yeah, I'm the new mage. Who are you?
>>
>>120395
>>[2]Noooo, I'm totally not a mage.(Use Spark)
Man I hope a Mage didn't fuck this up for up.
>>
File: Tomas.jpg (11KB, 169x187px) Image search: [Google]
Tomas.jpg
11KB, 169x187px
>>120422
>>120426
>>120451
Usually that little display makes people jerk back. He just smiles instead. "Nice, I'm gonna be happy having one in the platoon. I'm Sarge. You can call me Sarge." He pats you hard on the back, before making you rise up. "How about you come meet the rest of the squad huh? No point in leaving you in here." This feels odd, but you decide to go along with it. You're taken out of this tent towards another one where a party is taking place. Plenty of soldiers sitting around enjoying supper, with beer added. "Last meal before we march. We're leaving in the morning."

"Huh, morning aye? That's quick."

One man with blond hair and a scar above his eye smiles, "Ha! Looks like you got here just in the nick of time mate." His smile reminds you of some Mages you've met back home. That isn't a good thing. "My name's Tomas. Pleased to meet ya. Sarge, he the guy?" Sarge nods, and Tomas grins wider. "Alright! So how about you sit down now and talk."

>[1]Sure. Who's the rest of the squad?
>[2]Could one of you tell exactly what I'm going to be doing here?
>[3]So long as you're okay with taking a few bullets for me.
>[4](Write in)
>>
>>120490
>>[2]Could one of you tell exactly what I'm going to be doing here?
>>
>>120490
>[2]Could one of you tell exactly what I'm going to be doing here?
>>
>>120490
>>[2]Could one of you tell exactly what I'm going to be doing here?
>>
>>120501
>>120503
>>120522
A hand settles on your shoulder, forcing you down powerfully onto the bench. The largest man you've ever seen marches around you, sitting down hip to hip with you. He too, pats you on the back pretty hard. Sarge settles down beside you too, but not so close. Tomas is showing all of his teeth, each one white and threatening. "Oh it's pretty simple lad. You're gonna keep us alive and we keep you alive. In return, you get some actual training from a real mage."

The anonymous big man says with a low voice, "That'd be Blue."

Sarge nods in agreement, "Aye, Blue. Blue has been with the Company for thirty years now. Used to come from a place down south. Apparently something went down. He's an old bastard, but he's a Mage through and through. He makes your little trick. Well, a trick."

Tomas picks it up from there, "We've seen him melt stone like it was butter."

>[1]Okay what the fuck is this?
>[2]Could I, get some space please?
>[3]Alright. Sounds. Good.
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>120562
>[2]Could I, get some space please?
>>
>>120562
>>[3]Alright. Sounds. Good.
this is nice. Get some mage training and after combat the knight training. can't ask for more. :D
>>
>>120562
>>[3]Alright. Sounds. Good
Let's get this over with.
Take this and really keep our new brothers alive.
>>
>>120562
>[4]"When will i meet him?"
>>
>>120562
>[3]Alright. Sounds. Good.

(am intrigued and following)
>>
(Pressed post and Chrome crashed. Rewriting)
>>
>>120592
>>120598
>>120705
"Good, good," Tomas replied back as he looked at the other two. The air began to grow quiet, it seemed some of the other troopers in the back of the tent were listening in intensely. The whole group started to feel tense for a few moments. Finally the stillness was smashed away by Sarge's gruff voice.

"Now, I'm speaking for the guy next to you here. His name is Buck. Short for Horse Buck."

Buck gives what could be said for a grin, but you're not sure his muscles remember the movement. Sarge takes a quick swig of beer before looking you dead in the eyes. "Now we're wondering, we never really had a chance to talk about this ourselves."

"Blue isn't the most approachable, on most things," Buck speaks up.

"So. Do you have a lizard cock?"

You blink. "Do I, what?"

"Do you have a lizard cock? Our moms always told us you couldn't trust a mage, they're born with lizard dicks." Buck speaks up, "Like, no dangles and just the trunk." Tomas leans over, "Yeah it's like, too widespoken a thing to be just a rumor."

>[1]No. Just. No.
>[2]Wanna take a peek ya bunch of fucks?
>[3]By the Gods, I'm surrounded by idiots.
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>120756
>>[3]By the Gods, I'm surrounded by idiots.
>>[2]Wanna take a peek ya bunch of fucks?
>>
>>120756

Maybe they'll want more than a peek.
>>
>>120756
>[1]No. Just. No.
>[2]Wanna take a peek ya bunch of fucks?

Can't give ground to these types
>>
>>120756

This:>>120774
>>
>>120756
"You fans want to grab the jewels too?"
>>
>>120811
*fags
Damn auto correct.
>>
>>120774
>>120792
>>120803
You're incensed, this is absolutely bloody mad. You move Buck's massive arm off of you. "By the Gods, you're a bunch of idiots. You all wanna take a peek, do ya fuckers? You fags want to grab the jewels too?"

The laughter was deafening. Buck, Sarge, and Tomas all seem to be keeling over. One of the men in the back with his arms around a camp follower both break into eye watering chuckling howls. A few men outside playing a dice game ignore the roll in favor of busting out their own laughter.

"Settle down mate," Sarge says, patting you on the back. This time way softer, not like he's trying to knock ya off balance or empty you're lungs. "We're just takin' ya on a fucking trip. Most Mages are way too damn skittish for the frontline. And that's where you're gonna be, mind ya. This is an infantry outfit."

"He did better than the last one that's for sure," Tomas says before taking a sip from his mug.

Buck offers you some ale now. "The rookies with a sense of humor, they last longer. Glad to have ya."

>[1]Spend the night trying to learn about the Bannermen and Blue. Serious time.
>[2]Oh fuck it, drink your brains out and have a good time. Worry about stuff later.
>[3]No, this is all too damn dumb. You're getting some extra shut eye.
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>120866
>[2]Oh fuck it, drink your brains out and have a good time. Worry about stuff later.
>>
>>120866
>>[1]Spend the night trying to learn about the Bannermen and Blue. Serious time.
A drink or two while doing so wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>120866
>[1]Spend the night trying to learn about the Bannermen and Blue. Serious time.

Drink some while doing so but we do not want to be hungover for our first movement
>>
>>120916
>>120927
That night you decide to learn about this company. Travelling here you didn't get to learn much, other than recent wars the company had been in. On the way to Fort Miht you heard from the big Lēode city they had gone on a recruiting spree to make up for losses suffered in the fighting down in Erresuma. Talking to Sarge you learn a lot of the band's history. Originally, they worked for the Cagomani. His son would usurp him with their help. Originally they acted as noblemen without ties, a loyal only to the King bodyguard force. Slowly that changed as the dynasty died out and the group remained. Now they act as an elite fighting force dedicated to multiple styles of warfare.

Tomas tells you more about the current history. The person in charge is a man named Lancer. Some folk have gone on calling him Captain Lancer. He's the only person who uses a Lance anymore, hence the name. Most of the heavy cavalry act in the more modern style of pistol and estoc. You're part of the Third Platoon, known as the First In since the 3rd gets shafted with all the rookies. Hopefully your employers won't try to send you guys into a breech at the next siege, but who knows.

For some reason, Buck is the most knowledgeable about Blue. He wears a wooden mask, white robes. He's able to make the entire Bannermen disappear, and he's capable of calling up great energy from the Ether. His body may seem frail, but it's inbound with many enchantments. Some folk say he's damn sight three hundred years old. Oh, and he's an asshole. Don't forget that.
>>
>[1]Okay, choice is up to you now. Let's go see Blue.
>[2]Fuck it, I'm going to bed.
>[3]There's other members of the squad to meet...
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>120993
>>[1]Okay, choice is up to you now. Let's go see Blue.
>>
>>121012
Man about to head to bed
>>
>>121012
>[1]Okay, choice is up to you now. Let's go see Blue.
>>
Chrome crashed again. I'm going to call it here. We can pick up again later with the siege of Zamekharro.
>>
>>121158
Thanks for running. Hope to see you back soon
>>
>>121158

Is it later yet?
>>
>>123908
Going to give it two more hours since that's around the time I started yesterday.
>>
>>124048
meh.. I can wait. >.<
>>
File: waaaaaitforit.png (2KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
waaaaaitforit.png
2KB, 299x276px
>>124048
>>
>>124048
muy caliente senor
>>
>>121026
>>121041
>>121044
The camp is starting to calm down as the campfires mix in with the silvery shine from the moon and stars. It's not hard to navigate around, but you feel lost in this labyrinth of makeshift structures. A couple of beers inside your gut doesn't help problem solving skillers, either. The mud squishes beneath your new boots, and damn do they feel nice. Nothing better than shoes you didn't have to do anything to get. You ask around for Blue with some of the folks around. After a few odd glances your way, and a quick explanation of your mystical abilities, they point towards you the farthest edge of the company's tents. It's just in the shadow of Fort Miht's walls, a little white cloth abode that doesn't seem any different from the standard trooper's home. Not even an officer's hideaway. Your mind races back to the great towers of Areteia, built out of crafted ivory that shines in the sun with transmuted gold adorning the tip. As you slosh your way through the muck, you reach the doorway into the squalor of this wizard's home.

>[1]Enter inside, you're done waiting around.
>[2]On second thought, I better not greet a Wizard Lord late at night.
>[3]Call out to Blue. Shouldn't barge in unannounced.
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>124750
>>[3]Call out to Blue. Shouldn't barge in unannounced.
>>
>>124750
>[3]Call out to Blue. Shouldn't barge in unannounced
>>
File: 1455165366217.jpg (134KB, 636x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1455165366217.jpg
134KB, 636x1023px
>>124761
>>124782
Now he might not be one of the royal Lords or powerful Syndics, but you know for a fact that it's not a good idea to piss him off. You decide to speak out, breaking the night's void of sound. "Hello? I've come to speak you." No reply from that. You try again, "Hey, I'm the new Mage." The wind is your only answer, until what feels like a whisper carried on it creeps into your ear.

"Enter."

Crawling into your brain, it takes root before you shake it off. Stepping inside past the flaps, you come to see this is a Mage's tent. All kinds of scrolls, books, animal parts, and charms stand around. The place is thick with the air of the Ether. The realm that powers all this otherworldly energy. You're more perceptive of it than other folk. It reeks off of everything. At the center of it all is Blue himself. He stands over a desk, hardly looking at your passing.

"Come a long way. Dansc tongue is your mother's. I see you've not arrived with much. Why have you come? Teaching, favor?"

>[1]I'm told I'm to be your apprentice.
>[2]I actually just wanted to see a real Mage in person.
>[3]I think you have a thing or two to teach me, yeah.
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>124828
>>[2]I actually just wanted to see a real Mage in person.
>>[3]I think you have a thing or two to teach me, yeah.
>>
>>124910
These are polar opposite choices. One is humble, the other is cocky.
>>
>>124949
>>
>>124828
>>[2]I actually just wanted to see a real Mage in person.
>>
>>124828
>[1]I'm told I'm to be your apprentice.
>>
>>125144
>>125183
You're not one to bluster about with arcane master. You can tell from the amount of binding inscriptions and attuned items that he certainly knows leagues above you. He's an archetype famous through history, the ancient lord, who's knowledge of the Ether has kept him alive purely through willpower. Who knows how to make it form lasting enchantments to objects in the world to keep them powerful long after his body reaches frailty. Usually these guys are surrounded by large regiments of golem warriors, undead, and Mage-Warriors. This man seems content just having the Bannermen surrounded about him. Fiddling to find something to say in awe of this man, you aim low. Hoping that your humility might gain you something. "I actually just wanted to see a real Mage in person."

He looks to you at last. His eyes are a sharp, almost glowing blue. He gives out a grunt, grabbing hold of a staff nearby. It seems mundane, but you can't be certain. Too much Ether stink pervades the air for you to tell much of anything. He patrolling around you in circles. "I see you're at least respectful," Unlike his Lēoden, you can tell clearly his meaning when speaking your own language. "I am the one known as Blue, yes. Was the pauper life of a common magician in the streets of Areteia not to your liking?" His grasp of your language is impeccable. He deftly starts moving about. "I will not train you until you have survived the crucible of combat, boy. I will not waste my time until you have proven both your hardiness, and your capabilities as a hermit mage."

>[1]That's not fair!
>[2]I, see. (Walk out).
>[3]Perhaps you'd like to tell that to Captain Lancer? I was told I'd get training. (Bluff)
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>125264
>[4]Then I guess I'll just have to prove I've got what it takes.
>>
>>125264
>>[3]Perhaps you'd like to tell that to Captain Lancer? I was told I'd get training. (Bluff)
>>
>>125264
Supporting this >>125271
>>
>>125271
This
>>
>>125271
>>125281
>>125284
You expected to be treated like garbage by him. You're used to it. No one believed in you from the moment you crawled your way out of the gutter to catch a glimpse of a spell book. Brushing it aside, you look at him in the face without so much as missing a beat, "Then I guess I'll just have to prove I've got what it takes." Blue seems to respect that, as you see his eyes open up a half an inch. He sits back down, looking at you. Speaking back to the common tongue of this land, his speech becomes broken up once more. "Go then. Live. Perhaps I'll have a thing waiting for you." The air clears for a moment, as if you're able to breath after being submerged. You walk out, feeling a bit more pride in your chest.

[Gained 5 EXP! Need 10 more to level up.]

>[1]I feel pretty tired, I better get down into the bunks.
>[2]I'll see if I can find another squadmat around, even if I'm fatigued.
>[3]I want to meet back up with Sarge and ask some more indepth questions.
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>125330
>[1]I feel pretty tired, I better get down into the bunks.
>>
>>125330
>>[1]I feel pretty tired, I better get down into the bunks.
>>
>>125330
>>[1]I feel pretty tired, I better get down into the bunks.
>>
>>125347
>>125358
>>125367
You march your dead weight through the tents. You feel like twenty pounds of dead weight around your waist. Speaking of added tonnage, there's something pulling on your eyes. You can feel the circles forming now. How late have you stayed up? Too late, it feels like. The straw mattress welcomes you, hand pulling aside a flap to walk in. The other men are sound asleep, it seems they know how to get in bed. Your towering form comes crumbling down into it. Smashing, crashing into the bottom. Face smushed against a pillow, eyes slowly closing down. Fading second by second, until sleep takes you at last...

"Wake up soldier!" Sarge's voice sounds eeriely familiar to the sound of thunder. "I've never had a layabout like you before in my life!" The entire squad is assembled, and in gear. Standing in front of their bunks, looking at you with amusement as Sarge lays into you. He goes back your family line, to your mother, her mother, espousing a great amount of details on their sexual history. You drag yourself up, blood pumping, putting on your jerkin fast as you could. Today, the Lordless Bannermen are marching to war.

>[1]March out, shut up. Keep your head low.
>[2]Try talking to the other squadmates, you still don't know many of them.
>[3]Try to crack a joke to lighten the mood. Get the guys to like ya. [Charm roll].
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>125421
>>[3]Try to crack a joke to lighten the mood. Get the guys to like ya. [Charm roll].
>>
>>125430
Basically Fresh Face(+20 to Deception Tests with Bannermen upon first encounter).
Will be at play here no? May as well get to know our peers.
So this trait is a one time use?
>>
>>125421
>>[3]Try to crack a joke to lighten the mood. Get the guys to like ya. [Charm roll]
>>
Since we're using 3, everyone should roll 1d100. You do that by putting on the Options field dice+1d100

The first three options will be taken, the best 2 of them taken, and an average found between them.

The DC is 50, with Fresh Face adding +20, making the DC 70. Roll it folks.

>>125435
Yes, the real benefit of Recruit is the retraining skill tree, which nothing else let's you do. This trait is a one time use, and it's pretty powerful on that one time use.
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>125449
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>125449
We doing crits? And is it roll under/over?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>125449
>>
>>125459
>>125453
I love how we got both extremes. best 2/3 and we crit either way it is. if we're doing crits that is.
>>
>>125455
It's roll under.
>>
>>125455
>>125459
That's a result of 3.5, rounded up to 4. That's within the 1-5 range result, which is a Critical Success.

"So Sarge was saying something I hear!" You shout, and get the attention of the other marching soldiers. With their attention, you keep reeling them in. "He was saying to some of the other Recruits, 'I bet you'll dance on my grave when I'm dead'. And those boys were quick to say 'Oh no, no sir'." You give a moment for them to wonder what the punchline is. "I promised myself after this shit outfit I'd never wait in another line again!" The laughter doesn't come immediately, until a high pitched, feminine voice shrieks out a howling laughter that breaks over the sound of men marching through the dirt road. The other men laugh too. Buck gives you a slap across the shoulder, face a big red cherry.

"Quit that shit out! We're falling behind - double time it!" Sarge shouts, and the platoon moves out faster forward.

You begin to march through into Erresuma, the land so much has occured. The soil who's blood is soaked with the blood of its people. Some say one in five Erresuman boys have been lost in this war. The bastards refuse to give up though, and no much ground has been won. The fortress of Zamekharro has stopped all advance forward. The recruits ask questions for you, wondering what was happening up again. It was clear to them. The fortress was built on a steep cliffside, with two ways on and off. One was a elevator, making it possible for the defenders to sally and the attackers to do nothing. The other entrance was a causeway, a narrow spacing where only four men abreast could march forward. The veterans talk about a lot of dead Lēoden who were forced to walk up that way.

But you're a few days march from there. The men talk about a couple Tower Houses that need to be taken. Those are small towers littering the hillsides that irregulars come out of to attack the supply train. That's how the first advance got stunted.

>[1]Keep an ear out for more information.
>[2]Talk to Buck with some specific questions. (Write in).
>[3]Volunteer for foraging duty. Which means robbing people.
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>125519
>>[3]Volunteer for foraging duty. Which means robbing people.
>>
>>125519
>>
>>125519
The combination of blend+concussion would make this easy.
>>
>>125519
>[1]Keep an ear out for more information.
>>
>>125519
>>
>>125519
>>[1]Keep an ear out for more information.
>>
SEEMS LIKE WE HAVE A TIE NOW

3 for 1,

3 for 3.
>>
>>125587
How do we break a tie? or do we just have to wait for somebody else to show up?
>>
>>125587
dice it?
>>
>>125641
Either people let me to decide or switch sides. I don't weigh in until I know no one new is showing up or someone's changed their vote.

>>125649
Didn't think of that.

If you guys are okay with that, we can set a precedent for ties and roll between the options. All in favor? (This is a permanent choice keep in mind when we reach a tie).
>>
>>125652
I would say since qst is great against same fagging. Dice it if no one breaks the tie soon after you announce its a tie.
of course some one could jump on another computer or some shit after you announce. But really If they did that much work they deserve to win. lol
>>
>>125652
I'm ok with a roll between different options.
>>
>>125665
Yeah, I agree with that sentiment. Though it might lead to competition, I can't really stop it, so I can only say "Don't be a dick".
>>
>>125652
Honestly while dice work I like the idea of a GM choosing between a tie so he can write what he thinks is better, storytelling wise or just for common sense. Maybe someone will change, after all foraging could bring us intel/better preparedness, and keeping an ear out material gains/proving ourselves. in any case some dice isn't the worst option. But having said that I like the idea of you choosing.
>>
>>125682
Fuck it we've had enough of a hold up. I decide when we tie, from now on.

We go with foraging.
>>
>>125682
>>125674
I am utterly fine with either or. Just brought it up as an option. I like the idea of GM choosing. I think it would allow for better story.

I only see it being an issue of later on. " NUH UHH I WANTED THE OTHER THING!" when we get more players. Some may whine about it. While dice makes it a chance thing. Being fair.

>>125689
FUCK YEAH! Loot every thing! Hopefully blue sells some enchants or something.

Man I really would have preferred a sword user or a pistol. darn pole axe won.
>>
>>125526
>>125542
>>125560
The Erresumans are not a beloved group of people. Historically isolated, and liking it that way, they vehemently despise outsiders. All they want to be is left alone. This makes trade with them profoundly difficult. The Bannermen normally make such great pay they can purchase local produce for their hungry troopers. This isn't the case with the Erresumans, who'd rather burn their crops than give them to the enemy. Which makes foraging duty one of the more, interesting posts to take up. You decide to join up with that outfit, raising your hand when Sarge was making the rounds for eager souls. Tomas joins up with you, smiling all the while. Showing off his still weirdly white teeth.

"Proud of you man," He says, placing a hand on your shoulder, "Not many people want extra workload." As you two march on towards the meeting ground for the foragers, an idea flashes across his blue eyes. "Think I'm gonna call you Snake."

"Heh. Is that my nickname now?"

"Hey, from Snake-Dick to Snake isn't the worst thing in the world."

Sitting around is a few faces from the squad you haven't met. Among them is a woman, who you're not used to seeing on the battlefield. The Lēoden were losing their war against the nobility, and relied on female labor to turn the tide. Or so they say. In the Danser League people speak of using the fairer sex in battle is the tactic of losing armies. Since the charter of the Bannermen doesn't specify gender, which meant some choice pickings from the Citizen Guard can join up.

>[1]A pistol kills people no matter who the user is. Introduce yourself to them.
>[2]This ain't your business. Stand around and wait for orders.
>[3]It's time to amaze this bitch with your MAGIC POWERS. (Cast Spark).
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>125717
>>[1]A pistol kills people no matter who the user is. Introduce yourself to them.
>>
>>125717
>[1]A pistol kills people no matter who the user is. Introduce yourself to them.
>>
>>125717
>>
>>125717
>>[1]A pistol kills people no matter who the user is. Introduce yourself to them.
>>
>>125722
>>125727
>>125731
>>125734
It probably wouldn't be a good idea to come out as a braggard. You've got people smiling when they see you now, perhaps that's a good enough start. But no one cares for a face without a name. "Hey you lot. Name's..."

Actually, this could be a moment to start out as a new name. A start with something else. You haven't told Blue your real name. It seems going by a nickname is standard practice in the Bannermen, even if Tomas doesn't go by it. Well, what's the right way to begin your career as a mercenary then?

>[1]Name's Arjan DeGroot.
>[2]Name's Snake.
>>
>>125759
>[2]Name's Snake.
>>
>>125759
2. Snek
>>
>>125759
>>[2]Name's Snake.
>>
>>125717
>[2]Name's Snake.
>>
>>125766
>>125775
>>125779
>>125811
With confidence bristling in your chest, you decide to go with Tomas's epithet. "Name's Snake. I'm the new Mage." The group looks pretty amazed, as if they expected you to ride in on a flaming chariot led by a band of demons. Fortunately for the fighting men and women of history, demons don't exist. Unfortunately, Mages can do far worse than summon up a horde of infernal beasts.

"Hermit Mage," One of the bearded swordsmen says spitting tobacco into the ground. His beard is stained with brown streaks that betrays his chronic habit. You doubt he's got a smile as great as Tomas's. His shirt also tells you of his bulky musculature, and even sitting down the man is nearly level with your chin. That makes him a contender with Buck for height. Maybe even taller...

Speaking of whom, he rushes in, "Yeah but he knows magic and that's a fucking lot for us. Now come on. Do you really want to get Blue's apprentice on your ass?"

The man's bushy whiskers bridle up. "What! No fakking way is this fakk Blue's apprentice. Look how scrawny the bastard is!"

Tomas puts an arm around you, "Hell yes he is. So you best start showing him so respect."

>[1]Back up what Tomas is saying.
>[2]Actually...about that...
>[3]Say nothing. You didn't go blathering about anything.
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>125833
>[3]Say nothing. You didn't go blathering about anything.
>>
>>125833
>>[3]Say nothing. You didn't go blathering about anything.
[4] "We should focus on getting what we need and not worrying about the people that are gona come cryin' to me when they need a mage's help. "
>>
>>125833
>>
>>125847
>>125849
>>125871
Spat seems to calm down after his heels are firmly cooled by Tomas's impeccable silver tongue. Still frustrated, you remain silence to have a chance of maintaining your innocence if caught in this lie fabricated so expertly. The next person in the foraging party to speak up is the woman you spotted before. You can hear the tell-tale signs of a pistol jingling beneath her cloak, perhaps several. At her back is a massive twohander that you doubt she can use. But perhaps she does? You notice a Corporal's stitchings on her chestplate that is colored black and hidden beneath a thin cloak.

"Your joke mate," She says, opening up her hands from that heavy garment at last, "about the Captain." With a resounding clap, she smiles brightly along with the others. "Priceless. Unlike Spat here, I'd be quite happy to have a fuckin' mage watching our backs. Name's White, cause the air. I got on the wrong side of some magic way back." Hey, this is going better than you thought! Being a Mage in the Bannermen might turn out for the best after all.

Tomas looks impressed. It's not often someone gets on White's good side, it seems. One of the men in the back coughs, and mumbles out, "Cunt muncher."

Rolling her eyes, "Maybe if you tried it I'd suck your dirty prick? I'm makin' the assumption because you gots to pay people to do it, I know." Some of the men share a laugh, including the person accused. You start to get a sense of this being a bit of a, family? At least a brotherhood. A rough brotherhood but one none the less. Sarge walks in, still looking impressed you decided to come along.

"Alright, scouts from the Strats told us about a few promising targets. A farmhouse that was abandoned when we came last spring, but it's up and about now. The other was Tower House we weren't able to crack that seems to be a stockpile."

>[1]Let's hit both, Sarge.
>[2]Best we focus on the farmhouse, Sarge.
>[3]That Tower House is probably thought to be safe. We should hit it first.
>[4](Write in).

Note to self don't search for female art when looking for fantasy and not a slut art.
>>
>>125946
>[3]That Tower House is probably thought to be safe. We should hit it first.
>>
>>125946
>>[3]That Tower House is probably thought to be safe. We should hit it first.
>>
Quick headcount, who here is willing to continue for the next 3 hours to cover combat? I understand if people need to sleep, and I'll be running this tomorrow again around the same time.
>>
>>125975
I have to do laundry, I'll be around a while yet.
>>
>>125975
I was going to sleep with in the next 2 hours. But I could push it out if other anon's are going to be up.
I recommend starting an hour or two early if you do come on tomorrow. Around 8pm eastern. plenty of people around. 2-3 people on a new quest for the qst board is good I believe.
>>
>>125946
>>125975
I could do some laundry. Reason to stay up. Mostly doing other things. So some times don't vote
>>
>>125946
>[1]Let's hit both, Sarge.

Farmhouse will probably give under the pressure of a few armed men, and we will make the difference at the Tower House
>>
>>125975
I'll be still awake for the next 3 hours.
>>
We continue then. I got a quick snack and drink, to explain the absence. We go with 3.
>>
File: Aughnanure_Castle_(pixinn.net).jpg (422KB, 1156x768px) Image search: [Google]
Aughnanure_Castle_(pixinn.net).jpg
422KB, 1156x768px
>>125957
>>125960
>>126012
You decide you'll weigh in, since the Bannermen don't look keen on speaking up. "Hey Sarge. That Tower House, they probably think it's safe. When we start moving around, they'll probably to hold up in it or get the important stuff out. We should hit it first."

The Sarge seems to not be keen on having a Recruit speak up at him. But Tomas speaks up next, "Yeah, the Mage makes a good point."

"Aye," White adds in, "I wanted to break in that place last year, but no one wanted to come with me! At least Snake has some balls, Sarge." The girl gives a wide grin, showing some missing teeth. Spat doesn't speak up, but he doesn't speak out either. Sarge throws his hands up in the air. "Next thing ya know we'll be voting on who's in charge and we'll have a bunch of rookie monkies parading the company about. Alright you louts you signed up for it up with ya, let's move up that hill."

Erresuma is a thicket of trees. A nest of branches, trunks, and leaves. Drawing out his handaxe, Sarge cuts down some of the bushes as the squad begins moving forward. A total of Six Bannermen are moving towards the Tower House, not taking any of the roads or paths there. Marking your own march through the foliage. You don't know how White does it, but nothing seems to catch on her long cloak. Tomas doesn't seem to hardly get a scratch on his face, it seems the one was enough. Sarge finally gets the squad within sight of the Tower House. It sits in a clearing, making stealthy approach a hard one. "Fakkin' hell," Spat spits out, "How tha fakk we gettin' in there? Did any of you plan this out, diddya?"

Sarge grumbles, clearly upset himself. "The main door is just wood and hinges. But they can cut us down with guns or bows before we ever get there..."

>[1]Uuh, Sarge. Please, I'm a Mage. (Cast Blend).
>[2]We could try to advance fast, and silent, and get in before they react.
>[3]Maybe we sit, and wait for someone to walk out?
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>126087
Just how invisible does Blend make us? Predator level invisible, or "let's pincushion that blurry smear in an open field with arrows"?
>>
>>126087
>[2]We could try to advance fast, and silent, and get in before they react.
>>
>>126087
>>[1]Uuh, Sarge. Please, I'm a Mage. (Cast Blend).
>>[2]We could try to advance fast, and silent, and get in before they react.
>>
>>126108
Somewhere inbetween. It's not true invisibility, but it's not obvious there's a blur. It's a blend between the two. Kill me.
>>
>>126109
>>126113
I should be clear Blend is a personal effect. You have not learned Multiple Blend.

So by combining those options you're essentially saying "Hey, I'll be invisible and the rest of you can be targets!"
>>
>>126123
I was just about to ask that. In that case I say

>[4] get up to door as stealthily as possible, open it/burn it down with Spark, then the flames will be the signal for the group to advance
>>
>>126123
Then supporting this >>126130
>>
>>126130
I can get behind this.
We can cover them by firing at any enemy we see.
>>
>>126130
>>126149
>>126153
It seems everyone has forgotten your abilities with the extradimensional all consuming power. Best to remind them. "Sarge, come on now, I'm a damn Mage." With a quick visualization in your mind of certain sigils, runes, and words you're able to play out an entire ritual in your mind. A useful tool for casting on the go. As the Ether energy pools into your fingers, its twisted into shape. In this case, rays of light contorting around yourself. The others seem not stunned, but certainly impressed with the display. It doesn't make you completely detached from this reality, but at least your general outline is gone. Tomas seems quite pleased with himself, as if he can take credit for this somehow.

"Well?" Sarge says, gesturing to the Tower House with his axe, "We're waiting."

Right. Just gotta move out across the open field now to the doorway. No problem with that. You're lucky this place seems old as hell, otherwise you imagine you'd have to claim the front gate on top of it all.

Walking across the grass is the first step of this whole ordeal. As you advance forward, the blades of grass scrunch beneath your feet...out in the open you're faced with a choice.

>[1]Sprint for it.
>[2]Walk slowly.

By the way, your current weapons are a poleaxe held in your hands, and a dagger. You're wearing a regular clothes with a leather jerkin protecting your chest. You have 12 HP.
>>
>>126197
>>[1]Sprint for it.
>>
>>126197
>[1]Sprint for it.
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>126206
>>126214
So what Blend does is makes it harder for observers to spot you, which is good because this is an opposed test.

Same as before people. DC is 40. Roll d100, best of 2 of 3 is taken in.

I'm also rolling since, again, it's opposed.
>>
>79

You guys are gonna have to fuck up pretty hard to lose to this guy.
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>126222
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>126222
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>126222
>>
>>126242
huh. Well getting head shot was always in the cards..
I assume crits auto count wither that is not the best..
>>
File: Critfail on the assist.gif (1003KB, 252x239px) Image search: [Google]
Critfail on the assist.gif
1003KB, 252x239px
>>126242
>>
The average of 59 and 49 is 54, meaning against a 79 ya beat him...

Moving fast was a good idea. It doesn't give time for the light to settle. You guess you've never been out in the open like this before, always sulking in the darkness of city streets. Also, man, maybe you need to get into shape? Your lungs are killing you when you get up to the door. None of the bastards notice you're there when you arrive, either. You don't know how many are in there, but you can fear of them speaking the Erresuman tongue. Chattering in that tongue. Now comes the hard part of it all, you realize. Getting this damn oaken door opened up. The hinges look new, too.

>[1]Cast Spark on the door.
>[2]Cast Concussion on the door. (Lose 2 HP).
>[3]Try to chisel at the doorway with your dagger quietly.
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>126254
>>[3]Try to chisel at the doorway with your dagger quietly.
>>
>>126254
>[4]Just quietly try to open the damn thing.
If it opens, we can set something else on fire as a signal. If not

>[1]Cast Spark on the door.
>>
>>126260
So basically 3, then if that doesn't work 1.
I would recommend 3, but if that doesn't work 2. To fuck up anyone behind the door.
>>
>>126276
No, not like three. I mean turning the handle if there is one, or pushing our shoulder against it gently to see if it is locked or barred.
>>
>>126254
>[3]Try to chisel at the doorway with your dagger quietly.
>>
>>126276
Sticking to 3 or taking Pink's idea?
>>
>>126312
if we fuck up and people are behind the door. I am going to say we cast concussion on the door. blast it off its hinges. and take a person or two with the door
>>
Roll again everyone.

DC is 35.
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>126331
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>126335
Well fuck.
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>126331
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>126331
>>
>>126342
>>126341
so close.
Would not have passed. But heck being so close may have given us time for something extra.
well least we have armed and ready. we could pull out a pistol and a dagger or some shit.
>>
>>126349
Hell, if we're spotted, might as well make shit crazy then. Let's set some grass alight, start a huge fire, and get within the threshold so we can avoid bullets and arrows. And some of our companions must have ranged weapons, right?
>>
>>126335
>>126341
Average between 82 and 38 is 60. Placing this squarely as a failure...

You decide to try and get the front door open like a thief. Work the hinges off. You almost manage it, until you hear a rending splinter of wood. Chips break off everywhere, the iron making a horrible shriek. You can almost hear the Sarge's voice now, his presence astrally projecting behind you. Worse though, you hear voices on the inside starting to marshal themselves to move.

"Zer arraio da hori?"
"Etorri."

You can hear them coming down the stairs now. They can obviously tell you've warped the space around the hinges. Well, what now?

>[1]Try to kick it down with the damage you've done - and hope the others come running.
>[2]Blast it with Concussion when they get in close. (-2 HP).
>[3]Wait for the bastards to open it.
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>126362
>[3]Wait for the bastards to open it.
Set fire to some of the grass and hope it attracts their attention when they check the door, while we try to blend into the wall.
>>
>>126362
>>[2]Blast it with Concussion when they get in close. (-2 HP).
>>
>>126362
>>[2]Blast it with Concussion when they get in close. (-2 HP).
I assume we have daggers/poleaxe/a pistol on our self?
>>
>>126369
Dagger and poleaxe, no pistol. I listed equipment above.
>>
>>126373
just curious..
What exactly came from that?
>>
>>126382
It was a comment on female fighters, not making a big deal about it when talking to the group.
>>
>[4]Hide against the wall, slip inside when they open the door.
>>
File: 1425958259787.jpg (430KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1425958259787.jpg
430KB, 1200x1500px
>>126368
>>126369
You can hear them moving closer now. Damn, you've never actually intended on killing people before. Or actually using this damn spell. You've done it a few times, always making you feel like someone's stabbed you in the back of the shoulder blades. You ready yourself for the moment, going over the patterns in your mind like before with Blend. The footsteps come closer, the arguing beginning to raise as weapons are drawn behind the safety of the Tower. As their hands begin to grab hold of the large latch, the metal twisting as the torn hinge groans out as the door opens up. This is it.

The flash of light blinds yourself just as much as them. Good thing you close your eyes. It still hurts, but you have your vision. The doorway breaks apart, splinters fly everywhere as makeshift shrapnel. The man opening the doorway doesn't have a torso anymore, his head in a slurry on the floor. The two other men going to turn the door seem to be recovering from the pain as well. That's when you hear the jingle of armor and weapons behind. The rest of your comrades are running to your defense.

Too bad you can hear a lot more of the Erresumans coming down the stairs now.

----

We will be continuing tomorrow.
>>
>>126415
is it tomorrow yet
>>
>>127582
hopefully in 5 more hours gm could be on. But that would be early.
>>
One hour till the rumble

In the castle.
>>
Bannermen and Erresumans running to meet one point - you. The two Erresumans are wounded, losing 3 of their 10 Hit Points bringing them both down to 7. You have your pole-axe in hand, which out ranges their weapons giving you an initiative advantage to act first! Your poleaxe does 2d10+5 damage. You don't want to get hit with a poleaxe. These guys are about to learn why. That is, if you hit. Your skill in the weapon is Standard, meaning the DC is 50. You can choose to take the following actions:

Take Stance.
Defensive Stance - Be able to make multiple Blocks to Attacks rather than just one, with a +20 bonus. But make no attacks.
Aggressive Stance - Lose the ability to Block enemy Attacks, but gain +20 to hit.

Attack.
Stick 'em with the pointy end. Or in this case, bring down the sharp end on them.
Cast Spell
Cast One of your known Spells in Combat. Since Concussion is the only useful one, we'll go through how that works. You make a standard Attack, when and if that hits, you cast the spell. Concussion does 3d10+10 damage, at the cast of 2 of your Hit Points.

Your squad will be here in two rounds. If nothing holds them up.

-----
Erresuman Grunts
1: 7 HP, wielding arming sword.
2: 7 HP, wielding arming sword.

Snake
HP: 10, wielding poleaxe.
>>
>>130559
Would blend, while us being in a fight makes us clearly detectable, make it hard for them to perceive and react to our melee attacks (on account of somewhat invisible), especially given our reach advantage?
>>
>>130600
Blend actually makes it impossible for them to declare Called Shots, which means they must attack your center of mass(Where your armor is). But they can still tell your mass and size, your movements, so it's not that difficult.
>>
>>130559
Agrees I've
Attack with polearm.
We could have likely shot email both is we had pistol/rifle..just saying GUYS.
>>
>>130559
It seems early to be using more of our hitpoints. If blend works like this >>130600 I suggest casting it, then attacking with the polearm.
>>
>>130655
This
>>
If everyone's agreed on Attacking, make a roll. Unlike the ones before, this is first come first served. Whatever comes after this first post, will b taken, none of the combination stuff for skill rolls.
>>
>>130655
Basically this sounds best.
I do say aggressive stance.
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>130689
Still best 2/3?
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>130689
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

You're shaking, not sure what to do. You swing at him. The Erresuman is just as terrified, a fuzzy blur sends a shining ton of metal nearly down on him. Quick reflexes give the man time to dodge just out of the way just in time. His sword crackles with the embers from the burning wood chips scattered throughout the room. Raising up his blade high, he brings it down at this apparition. The sound of an arquebus going off rings through the staircase, down to the floor. You smell the smoke of gunpowder, must have come from the floor above. No one screamed out in pain. You're just gonna have to focus on your own life at the moment.

Let's see if you get hit.

>>130716
Literally said in more than half that post it's first come first served.
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>130767
The second soldier joins with the first, both of them swinging their blades at you.
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>130767
is blocking a roll?
>>
The two men can't seem to get a proper swipe at you. Their slicing arcs go wide, missing you completely. For the moment. You can hear people from above, more feet stamping down to the doorway. They'll be here just when the rest of the Bannermen arrive. You've got just one round to deal with both these men...or die by their hand.

Same actions available as before now.

>>130781
You block if the attack is successful, which neither of these were.
>>
>>130803
Can Concussion target both of them?
>>
>>130833
No. It's a single Target attack.
>>
>>130803
Attack w/ poleax again.
>>
>>130855
Then I sat attack again. Save our hit points for survival/when the enemy leader turns up.
>>
>>130859
>>130878
It's difficult to bring your weapon to bear. It's a powerful tool of murder, but damn heavy. Lifting it up with your strength, you bring it down towards one of these bastards. Tomas races to your side just as you bring it down. He has a pistol in hand, with an arming sword gripped tightly in his glove. Sarge shoots something up at one of the windows, drops the pistol, and grips his bastard sword with both hands before racing to your side.

Let's see if you manage to kill one of the other enemies. Roll!
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>130985
Here's hoping this time my roll doesn't suck!
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>130985
>>
>>130998
I think we're gonna get fucked guys

Through training, is it possible for us to raise the DC/get more rolls on attacks? How would we go about that?
>>
>>131045
I think I should stop rolling for attacks
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>130998
Critical Failure!

Your poleaxe doesn't just miss, it gets embedded in the woodwork! It'll take a Round to pull it out. Which is bad because 4 more Erresumans have marched down the stairway. Each of them wielding swords, ready to join in the fight.

"Come on! Did you learn anything besides a few tricks!" Sarge yells, taking an action to go into Defensive Stance, and uses his Citizen Guard tree advance to defend against incoming Attacks meant for others.

Anyways, the two soldiers before go to strike at you again, screaming something in their native tongue.

>>131045
Your advances tree has a few opportunities for bonuses.
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>131088
Second guy now.
>>
>>131097
That's a hit. Since your weapon is lost at the moment, you can't Block, you'll have to dodge, which you're less good at.

DC is 35. Roll.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>131097
damn. he just made it.

>>131088
Would you be able to link class tree's? I am surprised we wern't allowed the mage tree.

>>131125
well fuck.
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>131125
Can we use a free action to draw our dagger with Always Ready?
>>
>>131133
Thank goodness you can roll well.
>>131125
Is dodge a combined roll like other skills, or first come first serve like attacking?
>>
File: Citizen Guard Training.jpg (183KB, 791x573px) Image search: [Google]
Citizen Guard Training.jpg
183KB, 791x573px
>>131133
Huh? Look above. You're on the Militia tree. There is no Mage tree. Here's the Citizen Guard tree Sarge is using.

Anyways, you just managed to dodge the group out of the way.

>>131157
All combat is first come first served.

>>131139
Yes! It's drawn out now.
>>
>>131133
Our class tree is here: >>120233
>>
>>131174
Now, since we're a recruit, we also technically have the possibility to develop into a later tree later on, correct?
>>
>>131174
So I guess there is a knight tree?
when we level up we get another advance in tier?
In our available tree's?
>>131214
mhm I am just wondering if there are any more.
Cause once we finish our first real battle we get trained in something.
>>
>>131174
I think now is probably the time to fire off another Concussion, put down one of those guards.
>>
File: Knight Training Tree.jpg (185KB, 791x573px) Image search: [Google]
Knight Training Tree.jpg
185KB, 791x573px
The two sides meet at the same time. Sarge, White, Tomas, Spat, and two others have raced in side by side. Tomas levels his pistol, but no one makes a move yet. You hear the men cursing beneath their breath. White has drawn out her twohander, and you realize why a woman is using it. It's like a needle, thin and pointed. It'd be shit on the swig, without any heft to it. But thrusting, it should be able to get through armor easy. With swords drawn, everyone goes into the melee. "Six to seven, with me kid," Sarge says, as you two go to double team one of the Erresumans.

----
Sarge
HP: 16
Weapon: Bastardsword(Both Hands)
Snake
HP:10(12)

Erresuman Grunt
HP: 12
Weapon: Arming Sword, buckler.

>>131232
Yes.

>>131235
Here's Knight.
>>
>>131318
Can we give our axe another swing?
>>
>>131340
our axe is embedded in the wall, because of my shitty roll.
>>
>>131340
we may have to go pick it up/pull it out of w.e it's at.
>>131318
Cast Concussion on the enemy into the most senior looking/experienced among them. Far as we can tell, weapons/armor.
Damages one and delays two.
Gives our team a bigger edge.
>>
>>131318
>>131369
Definitely agree with casting concussion on the most senior looking enemy.
>>
>>131340
You'd have to drag it out. You have your dagger drawn out, now.

>>131369
Roll the Attack, 1d100, DC 50.
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>131392
BTW, doesn't blend help our evading? Or not really? Cause they're going for center mass.
>>
>>131318
man, I feel like I am being annoying here.
Skilled weapons & Elite weapons
Is this tier of weapon, or training of said weapon class? Makes more sense of training but I am just unclear So I'd like to ask. And if so, Would we be able to add skilled on top of skilled to get exceptional. Say to pole arms?
That provide +/- X to rolls/dc's?

Again sorry for all these questions. But I feel like it may be helpful. If we don't kill our selves soon.
>>
>>131407
That's a hit. Roll damage, which is 3d10+10.

As said above, Blend makes it impossible to make Called Shots on yourself, which allow them target specific areas, such as your unarmored bits.
>>
Rolled 7, 3, 8 + 10 = 28 (3d10 + 10)

>>131455
>>
>>131461
Whoever we hit I'm betting they just got pulped. That'll show Sarge just what we can do with our "tricks."
>>
You've made mistakes in the past.

Like just a minute ago, when you blew this plan apart and blasted a door, alerting everyone in the tower. Putting everyone fighting for their lives in this room, your comrades, in mortal peril. Well, isn't it time to make up for that mistake? You lunge ahead, cutting off Sarge as you touch the seniormost Erresuman's chestplate. The Sarge grunts, but then shields his eyes as the blast erupts from your fingertips. The sound of one reality hammering another resounds in the room. The Erresuman was wearing an iron chestplate, which soaks up 5 of the damage, and had a Toughness of 3, which soaks up another 3 for a total of 8.

He still lost all of his HP from the 20 damage. His chest is more intact than the man with a wooden door protecting him, but just barely. His entire bottom half has a hole in the midsection. The momentary blast sends you down on one knee. The tide of the battle turns immediately. Stunned by the appearance of a Mage, the rest start to fight worse. Tomas waits till he's right up to one of the foes to blast them in the face with his pistol. His own little trick. White gets slashed across the arm, but her weapon pierces enough armor to hit straight through into the man's heart. Spat disarms his foe, then breaks his neck with a swing. Sarge changes targets from the man you pulped to help out another Bannerman.

The fight ends as quickly as it began. You slump against a wall, feeling worse for wear. Tomas comes up to you.

"You alright? Snake?"

>[1]I'm fine, let's move up.
>[2]I'm not, no. (Stay here).
>[3]I don't know how to make myself better but...(Try to use Magic to heal yourself).
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>131550
>[3]I don't know how to make myself better but...(Try to use Magic to heal yourself).
>>
>>131550
>>[3]I don't know how to make myself better but...(Try to use Magic to heal yourself).
WHAT COULD GO WRONG?!critfail incoming
>>
>>131550
>[1]I'm fine, let's move up.
>>
>>131598
Just as long as I don't make the roll I am sure we'll be ok.
>>
>>131584
>>131598
"I don't know how to make myself better," You say to Tomas, who looks absolutely stunned as if you made the most ridiculous statement in the world.

"What the fuck you on about mate?"

White leads the charge up the stairs, Sarge with another pistol drawn behind her. Spat waits behind on the two of you.

"Let me see if I can," You mutter, the wheels turning in your head. It's rare someone learns magic by practice. Why? They usually draw too much energy out of the Ether and hurt themselves. You decide to act conservatively. Focusing on using the energy to give you a surge of strength. Drawing it out weakens you(-1 HP), but it works. In a sense(+1 HP). You don't manage to change anything overall, but this is new. This is, exciting in a way. You might be able to make your own spell! "Suck my dick Blue!"

"What?" Tomas asks.

>[1]Nothing, let's move up.
>[2]It didn't really work out well. I'll stay behind.
>[3](Write in).
>>
>>131672
>>[1]Nothing, let's move up.

>>131450
If you don't mind could you clear up 1-2 questions from here. If you get the chance. If it ruins plot/anything in particular I understand.
>>
>>131672
Nothing tomas
stay behand to get you polearm out of the wall
guys we dont have a wepon at this point!!! then folow them up.
how many more people are in this tower?
>>
>>131450
>>131714
Skilled weapons are weapons common for soldiers. Simple weapons are rocks, sticks, farm tools, daggers, and knives. Simple things. Elite weapons are tools that require an extreme degree of training and finesse to use, such as lances, rapiers, sabers, throwing daggers, so on.

Trained is just knowing how to use that weapon. Using a weapon you do not have training in is a -20 to Attacks, Blocks, and Parries.
>>
>>131672
>[1]Nothing, let's move up.
>>
>>131714
you dont want to have a polearm in hand? its stuck in the wall atm and i dont really want to keep killing us everytime we want to help in the fight
>>131743
can we use spak to help us in a fight in any way? like blined the peopel sight, shock them a little bit or set there cloths on fire? or send it though the wepon as we hit them?
>>
>>131743
Alright thanks.

>>131741
yeah, it makes sense. but I utterly forgot. We picked up our weapon right? if not go ahead and get that.
>>
>>131714
>>131760
>>131767
To all the folks who went 1, I assumed you went and got your polearm. I am not a dick.

As for Spark in fights, you'd be far better suited hitting people with the poleaxe then trying to blind them as your action.

-----

"Nothing, let's move up," You say before taking hold of the shaft from your embedded weapon. You hear the stretching timbers as you wrench your weapon out. As you yank it, Tomas let's out a whistle. That seems to be the sign for the others to march upwards. You follow behind Spat and the other two Bannermen you haven't been introduced to. As you rise up to the third floor, it seems Sarge and White did quick work of who was up here. The last floor of the Tower House has a trap door with a staircase up the way. Well, isn't that a problem? Sarge is cleaning off his blade, taking a breather.

"Well ain't that fucked," Tomas says, looking up at the trapdoor. "Yup. Not much to be done about that."

"What's your idea Sarge?" White asks, arms hidden beneath her cloak, holding onto her sword. Sarge scratches his patchy beard.

"Well, lighting a fire is a bust. It'd just flame up the whole place. We could just take the shit and watch the trapdoor while we do it. Or, does anyone have any ideas? We can't talk to the folks up there, language wall and all that, so negotiating is out."

>[1]Fuck it, offer to cast Concussion on the trapdoor. (Lose 2 HP).
>[2]Rather than say anything, try to hear yourself again.
>[3]We could try to scale from the windows while racing up the trapdoor. That's a risk though.
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>131826
>[1]Fuck it, offer to cast Concussion on the trapdoor. (Lose 2 HP).
>>
>>131826
>>[1]Fuck it, offer to cast Concussion on the trapdoor. (Lose 2 HP).

So what are our two languages for Bilingual? As a mage right?
>>
>>131914
Your languages are Danser and Lēoden.
>>
>>131826
>>[1]Fuck it, offer to cast Concussion on the trapdoor. (Lose 2 HP)
>>
>>131851
>>131914
>>131978
It worked before, it'll work again. What can be the harm in it? Well, it'll harm you but it'll give your comrades a chance to race in and cut up any enemies waiting for you. You march over the staircase, and say towards the Sarge, "Just give me a second now Sarge, I'll break this-". You feel a tight grip on your wrist. Dragging you away is Sarge himself, giving you a eyeful. His fingers go to claw at your eyes, fingers going to squish at the heavy bags. He grunts, as if an assumption was proven. Sarge places his hand on your shoulder, and says,

"Kid, you don't look too good."

Tomas has been twirling his pistol in his hands now that he's reloaded it. "He looks pale," He states, as a matter of fact. As if trying to hide the emotions that want to come out.

Even Spat looks concerned, "Fakkin' hell mate, does that shit kill you slowly? Fakkin' magic."

>[1]No, really, I'm fine. Get out of my way and let me do this dammit.
>[2]Sarge, I need to be useful. I won't kill myself. It's the least I can do.
>[3]Actually, no, you're right. Let's just loot the place and watch the door.
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>132032
>>[2]Sarge, I need to be useful. I won't kill myself. It's the least I can do.
we're really going to need some rest after this.
>>
>>132032
>[1]No, really, I'm fine. Get out of my way and let me do this dammit.
>>
>>132032
>>[1]No, really, I'm fine. Get out of my way and let me do this dammit.
>>
>>132055
This
>>
>>132055
Agree.
>>
>>132055
>>132094
>>132157
Why can't they see this is what you do? You know your limits? Would they want you telling them how to act like mercenaries? All the air goes out of your lungs. Your shoulders relax, as you meekly clutch onto the staircase. Staring straight ahead into Sarge's eyes, you give him your honest appeal. "Sarge, I need to be useful. I won't kill myself. It's the least I can do." The others don't seem too swayed. In fact, Tomas looks practically furious. As he's about to rise up, Sarge speaks out making him give pause.

"If you say you won't kill yourself, then do it. The rest of you, get ready." The tension raises in the air after that. Everyone clears their minds, and now determine themselves to race in after your blast. You move up the steps, placing your fingertips at the trapdoor. The blast throws you off the ladder, back pounding on the wood. Sarge races in, fires a pistol, while Tomas is behind him, and fires another. Everything aches in the aftermath of it all, bones aching as you lay there staring up. Fuck...

----

We'll be ending here early, and picking things up tomorrow.
>>
Two hour reminder notice.
>>
Ten minutes before the game, but check out:

>>137017

It's cool as hell and will provide many merry laughs.
>>
Needles sink into your skin, muscles screaming at you as you come to. Eyes have this, film almost of some unknown sticky substance. Oh, wait, that's congealing tears. Did you cry while on the floor? You can't remember a damn thing, almost. You're at 8 Hit Points now. The fighting up the ladder is finished, fast as it began. It isn't clear what transpired, but it seems everyone is assembled without nary a mark upon them. That's, good, you suppose. It seems your act saved the day once more. Sarge doesn't look too happy at you. Neither does Tomas, but he's the first one to help your sorry ass up off the boards. Spat is giggling something to himself, leaning against a wall.

"Fakkin' brilliant," He says, moving over to give you a rough pat on the back. Everything lights up in pain, but you take the slap best as you can like a true soldier of the Bannermen. Stepping down from the last floor with a chest bristling with food is White, sword back in its scabbard placed around her back. She doesn't register anyone else, just the spoils in hand. Tomas grunts, before propping you up against a wall. Everything feels fuzzy, your ears are sensitive. Touch is deafened too, making it hard to feel around for anything. Time passes, you start to recover, but not by much. Sarge launches himself to the forefront of command as he notices you're able to withstand the volume of a barking order,

"Alright you louts, up with ya! Torch the place after we get everything out!" The work lasts far longer than the fight. As the hours drone one, one of the other ran off for help. They arrive with a damn wagon, and soon you get to see the whole range of spoils. Beets, radishes, cabbages, carrots, potatoes. An array of salted meats, dried out for storage. Along with them is hundreds of rounds of shot, certainly going to put you in good graces with Captain Lancer. Not to mention that, but the weaponry of the foes you faced is up for grabs. Sarge gives you first pick of the bodies before the rest ravenously descend upon fresh plunder.

>[1]I want another weapon(Arming Sword, Bastard Sword, Spiked Club, Matchlock Pistol).
>[2]I want a damn helmet!(Gain Steel Helmet)
>[3]I think a mail shirt might still be good for now...(Gain Chainmail Vest).
>[4](Write in).
>>
>>137187
>[3]I think a mail shirt might still be good for now...(Gain Chainmail Vest).
>[4]And while we're at it, let's grab a handful of salted meats. Get a bit of our strength back.
>>
>>137187
>[2]I want a damn helmet!(Gain Steel Helmet)
>>
(Is everyone at Black Company quest?)
>>
>>137568
I don't recognize any of the tags on those posts. It might be that people just aren't around at the moment.
>>
>>137568
I feel like running a thread over three days might be discouraging new people from joining in, and possibly throwing off some current players thinking the thread might be dead, maybe you'd have better luck with doing a new thread for each session?? At the very least it would be more noticeable than the same thread lingering.
>>
>>137677
Perhaps, I was worried of the same but most of the cast from Friday showed up on Saturday.
>>
>>137187
>>[1]I want another weapon(Arming Sword, Bastard Sword, Spiked Club, Matchlock Pistol).

>>137568
I'd say so
>>
>>137718
Yeah didn't know this was up till I checked over qst...for no reason than to check if anything new came out. So that may help.
>>137187
>>[1]I want another weapon(Arming Sword, Bastard Sword, Spiked Club, Matchlock Pistol).
>>[2]I want a damn helmet!(Gain Steel Helmet)
>>
>>138108
>>138057
You need to specify which weapon you're taken, and can only take one item.
>>
>>138108
>Matchlock Pistol

Wasn't sure if that wasn't the entire list.
>>
>>138057
>Pistol
I want pistolier, tier. Once we survive our first battle.
Would that imply that when we aim, we get a bigger bonus?
>>
>>138178
Yes, it allows you to draw it and fire it all in one swift motion.
>>
>>138270
>>[3]I think a mail shirt might still be good for now...(Gain Chainmail Vest).
Would It be a problem to take two things? Thing we earned it. Or would some people have issue with it?
>>
>>138398
That would be a Write in and a rolling test.
>>
>>138411
meh alright. Think I'll just stick to the pistol. Decent haul here. We may even get some Blue attention for this enough for him to throw a spell book about Concussion small recoil or just better efficiency.
>>
>>138566
I think we'll have that be the focus of the next thread. We'll pick this up on Friday.
Thread posts: 270
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.