[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CIV THREAD - LETS ACTUALLY GET ONE DONE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1997.jpg (3MB, 1500x6400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1997.jpg
3MB, 1500x6400px
So many good civ ideas lost to lazy QM's

Discuss Race/Place, let's get this shit started. BE CREATIVE, DONT JUST GIVE ME "o like an island" I WANT TO BE COVERED IN YOUR CREATIVE JUICES BY THE END OF THIS
>>
>>1184238
A trip
>>
>>1184238
And I mean it

I want them dripping damnit
>>
>>1184238
Gnomes in a mushroom Forest. They spend a lot of effort keeping spores out while they mix potions and seek the coveted "vegetables"
>>
Let's go with Hags in a sort of acidic swamp. Super hostile environment.
>>
>>1184252
Haven't seen a gnome game in awhile

>>1184255
Don't think I've seen more than one hag civ in years

Lots of good suggestions so far
>>
>>1184259
good night
>>
>>1184261
Don't break my heart like that
>>
>>1184255
+1
But, can we mixed gnomes with the hags?
>>
>>1184266
it's 130 am and I have stuff to do tom, I'm afraid this is as far as I go.
>>
>>1184267
Gnomish Hags. Magic and some tech but we cant fight worth shit and everyone hates us. Hella traps and fireball spells.
>>
>>1184238
A bunch of crazy Duregar don't want to live underground anymore. They want to be left alone once and for all, build up the greatest army ever seen and conquer the Earth once they come back.
So, they decide to go even deeper.
Directly to Hell.
>>
>>1184272
I was thinking of hagish Gnomes who split off from their homeland because they follow a sort of dark nature code since they think nature is the greatest inventor.
>>
Hags in swampy mushroom forest sounds awesome.
Maybe some Gnome slaves or alliens to start with?
I don't really care about gnomes, but throwing ideas.
>>
>>1184272
Starting population of hags is made up of gnomes, and they live in an extremely hostile acid / mushroom swamp?
>>
>>1184238
>>1184272
this
>>
>>1184276
Also a good compromise, hags don't have to be a specific race

>>1184274
Dueregar tired of surface interference despite already being so far, so they colonize in hell?

I love this idea so fucking much
>>
A subterranean hellfire swamp
>>
Okay I'll bring it to a vote now:

FIRST - Race:
> Hags
> (pure) Gnomes
> Dueregar
>>
>>1184289
>Hags
>>
>>1184289
>Dueregar
It's like Dwarves, but in HELL
>>
I'll switch to Hell Dwarves actually.
BUT only if our leader has green armor and is basically DOOM Guy.
>>
>>1184289
Old, shriveled up women are obviously the more interesting choice
>Hags
>>
>>1184308
DOOM-Dorfs raiding through Hell just because they hate the surface so much.
Simply marvellous.
>>
> DUREGAR
>>
>>1184289
Hags
>>
>>1184291
Hag
>>1184298
Dueregar
>>1184308
Dueregar
>>1184309
Hags
>>1184324
Dueregar
>>1184332
Hags

3-3, rolling dice

1-5: Dueregar
6-10: Hags
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>1184340
Ugh capital D ruined it
>>
>>1184340
I want lycanthropes + underground.
>>
>>1184343
Hags win nice
>>
File: IMG_3108.jpg (519KB, 1000x649px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3108.jpg
519KB, 1000x649px
>>1184345
>>1184345
Another interesting concept, but we're with the hags now.

NEXT VOTE - Location (I've compiled the major discussion ones, but feel free to suggest more)

There's a twist for the Dueregar crowd though, whatever environment is chosen in now located in Hell, a dimension of evil for the damned and ruled by demons. Keep this in mind as that skew will exist everywhere.

> Acidic Swamp
> Mushroom Forests
> Mushroom acid swamp?
> General Hellscape (The one described in OP image)
> Other (Write-in, obviously)
>>
Acidic swamp with the willow trees and etc but also massive mushrooms, think Morrowind style, and the spores form roaming poison clouds.
>>
>>1184362
Pretty good middle of the road compromise if I say so myself
>>
>>1184362
I like this, take my vote
>>
>>1184353
> Mushroom acid swamp
>>
>>1184362
Vote
>>
>>1184362
>>1184383

For the sake of interest of getting started before I have to go to work for the night - We'll go with
>>1184362

Acidic swamp with a mixed forest (in hell).

RACE: Hag (all-female upper/ruling class, male slaves, lower-management, and servants also apply)

NEXT VOTE - What is the racial makeup of your hags?
>>
>>1184406
Mostly thin, tall variety with a thick, corrosion resistant hide on the calves and feet.
>>
>>1184406
(Keep in mind that hags do not naturally reproduce, but instead grow their numbers through enslavement of other races and the conversion of their females into hags. In rare cases demons can join a civilization if bound to one of the hags.)
>>
Gnomish, Halfling, Dwarf.

We will stalk through the tall grass using height to our advantage. Plus. Everyone trusts a halfling.
>>
We will make that our first objective though. Summon a demon.

The slaves can be the norm, Human, Dwarvish, Gnomish males.
>>
>>1184406
>>1184425
This
>>
>>1184425
>>1184425
>>1184427

Alright then, final set up:

Race: Hags
Subspecies: Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome (hags)
Environment: Hostile (acidic) Swamp

FINAL FLUFF VOTE -
> Pick a deadly sin, you will be friendlier with spirits/demons of that patron sin
>>
Hags. It's gotta be Lust.
That's right, sexy swamp midgets.
>>
>>1184462
Lust

Kidding
>envy
>>
>>1184462
Pride
>>
>>1184462
>Lust
We slaaneshi cult now
>>
>>1184462
Pride demon
>>
File: IMG_3109.jpg (60KB, 564x806px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3109.jpg
60KB, 564x806px
>>1184469
>>1184476
2 Lust

>>1184473
>>1184479
2 Pride

>>1184470
1 Envy
>>
>>1184470
Wanna break the tie?
>>
>>1184484
Lust
>>
>>1184489
I change into pride if this comes to that.
>>
>>1184489
>I change into lust if this comes to that.
>>
>>1184484
Pride
>>
>>1184502
Broke the tie created by

>>1184496
>>1184494
You have an affinity for pride now.

First post inc.
>>
>>1184506
>>1184506
The coven sits in silence, each wisened woman of the council struck still with expressions of panicked thought. The Matriarch, an ancient looking dwarf by the name of Agatha who was clothed in many layers of once regal looking clothing that seemed worn both by age and use, sat with her gnarled fingers clicking against the armrest of her stone chair.

"Sisters... this is the end." She croaked in a monotonously sad tone tinged by a quivering rage, "The forces of the crusade have routed our forces... the lower councils are destroyed, and we are all that remain."

A gnomish woman, young and unwrinkled, but with a deep unnatural tone of black and green to her smooth skin jumps up in her seat, standing just barely over the edge of the circular table, "We must take as many of them out with us, lest their other targets not get a chance to survive!" The shrill cry was agreed upon by a few of the dozen inner council members of the Matriarch, others stamped their feet and staves with annoyance,

"Forget the others... We must take out as many of them as we can... The soldiers of the mountainhomes, the crusader humans, the denizens of the forest... we must damn them all!"

Agatha stares blindly into the room, the decisions weighing in her mind on how to expend the rest of their soon-to-end lives with the combined armies of the Human Crusades and the Dwarven Mountainhome soon to march on your forest retreat...
She spoke, "We will not be the only ones to enter the great beyond on this night sisters..."

> Expend the life force of the inner council Hags, and any others who remain, to kill only the crusaders
> Split the ritual between all available targets
> Focus instead on your former comrades in the mountainhomes
> Other (write-in)
>>
>Split the ritual
>>
>>1184530
> Split the ritual between all available targets
>>
>>1184530
>> Split the ritual between all available targets
Kill as many as possible
>>
>>1184489
pride

the deadliest sin
>>
>>1184530
>> Split the ritual between all available targets
>>
>>1184533
>>1184537
>>1184541

Agatha grins, her wrinkled face filled with the ominous glee of a truly despicable evil. "Indiscriminate death... this is the price they pay for our lives."

She stands, leaning heavily on her simple oaken staff, riddled with small carvings in indescipherable runes. The inner council watches with keen interest as Agatha leaves the room, bringing the council to its feet in a silent procession out onto a balcony.

The stone parapet, some ancient fortress refurbished by the witches, sat just above the tree level of a large marshland. For centuries Agatha and her ever-growing coven populated those woods, verdant and all consuming with its thick brush and deadly denizens.

The sight facing the council today was... bright. On the far edges of the horizon, massive clouds of smoke billowed as the mages of the Crusades, aided by dwarven engineering, burned down mile after square mile of the swamplands in an effort to purge its corruption. In a mere matter of hours, the flames and their makers would be on your doorstep. The women tittered among eachother, each describing gruesome ways of destroying every living thing they could.

> Fight Fire with Fire - Release a swarm of demons that are beyond even Agatha's power to control to wreck havoc on the world
> Disease - Channel every last minutia of the council's energies into a plague that will ravage any living thing that comes into contact with it
> Boom - Trigger the equivalent of an atomic blast in a glorious show of power, destroying the better half of the continent with the sacrifice
> Other (write in)
>>
Disease, have mushrooms burst from under their skin.
>>
>>1184575
>> Fight Fire with Fire - Release a swarm of demons that are beyond even Agatha's power to control to wreck havoc on the world
They'll have to either banish or kill the demons so this will last the longest and kill the most
>>
>>1184575
> Disease - Channel every last minutia of the council's energies into a plague that will ravage any living thing that comes into contact with it
> Boom - Trigger the equivalent of an atomic blast in a glorious show of power, destroying the better half of the continent with the sacrifice

I'm torn between this two.
>>
>>1184575
> Disease
>>
>>1184575
>Disease - Channel every last minutia of the council's energies into a plague that will ravage any living thing that comes into contact with it
Have every soul know our curse with their last breath.
>>1184580
This'll do.
>>
>>1184593
>>1184589
>>1184584
>>1184583
>>1184580

I've got to go to work for the night, update will come asap
>>
>>1184717
OK, good work
>>
>>1184717

Have a nice day at work honey, bring home the bread
>>
>>1184717
Keep this quest alive, man. Originally i wanted to leave it because the Duregar weren't picked, but i like your writing and how you're running with this. Good work.
>>
>>1184835
I will, I already have a very very lengthy storyline to base things off of. Like where we can go from here, you've got my dedication
>>
File: IMG_3113.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3113.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
>>1184580
Disease
>>1184583
Demons
>>1184584
Disease/Boom
>>1184589
Disease
>>1184593
Disease

4 Disease, 1 Boom, 1 Demons

> Disease wins!
----

"Sisters, we will leave a mark on this world even though we shall no longer walk its lands." Agatha raises both of her arms, red light from the conflagaration on both sides of the horizon glinting off of her worn out robes, bare and wrinkled dwarven face wide awake as if this were the most exciting moment of her long life.

All of the hags of the inner council, the remaining twisted females from a collection of mountainhome species, each dwarven sorcoress, every gnomish witch, and the halfling magi joined their hands with eachother and Agatha, the feeling of excitement tranferring to all of them like electricity running from their Matriarch to their twisted, cruel grins. A look is shared between the hags of an emotion vaguely related to love before a shrill scream left their mouths in tune with Agatha's excited screams!

A green aura began to spill from the eyes, ears, mouths, and noses of the assemled women, coalescing into a sickly fog that began to flow down to the Earth.

The hags themselves raised their voices louder as the plague overtook them, small, bright red and white mushroom began to spread their hyphae through their veins, the virulent spores and microorganisms rife throughout the gas. The pain was indescribably intense as each of the once immortal women had their blood replaced by fungi, but still they stood, screaming in a savage joh as one by one they fell, their orifices filled with the caps of the deadly parasite.

The screams of tens of thousands of soldiers join sounds of Agatha's frenzied yell, still standing under the influence of the spell, eeking out every last modicum of power in her body before collapsing with her coven.

------

Agatha's spirit wanders for a time, bound to the Earth temporarily by her magic so that she could observe the deaths of the soldiers. Rank upon rank of the crusades and dwarven armies were reduced to fodder for the mushrooms to spread and produce more spores. The corpses, and 'source' of the initial summoning at the ruined tower were soon an amorphous mass of the stuff, making the tower into one massive production center for the spores.

If Agatha's corrupt soul could laugh, it would have at the sight. The plague had the potential for extinction level events if it spread correctly...

The visions of the carnage halt with a sickening suddeness, and Agatha finds herself in a new body, sitting in a wooden chair at a wooden table in a featureless stone room.

A lantern sits in front of her, a small ledger next to that, and a simple doorway across the room.

> Read the ledger
> Investigate the doorway
> Cast spell to find life
> Yell "HELLO?"
> Other (write-in)
>>
>>1185832
>Read the ledger
Might as well, we need to relax and compose ourselves after such an ordeal. If we accidentally spawned a race of myconids that'd be cool af
>>
>>1185832
>>1185918
This
>>
>>1185832
>>1185918
This
>>
>>1185918
>>1185998
Agatha reaches out and grabs the small brown ledger from the opposite side of the table, and is stunned for a moment at the appereance of her arm: While her anatomy still held the saggy appereance of old skin, her skin was dappled with small splotches of flourescent red similar to that of the mushrooms that killed her...

"The otherworld is quite boring if this is all I get..." she mutters under her breath while lifting the cover. She stared at the first page and was immediately taken aback, the runes on the inside of the book were entirely written in Infernal, the language of demons. "Hell then? Not surprising," she croaked out, "but why the fancy room hmm?"

The runes, though partially recognizable, were unable to be translated by Agatha. Though she had often used the language of evil to cast many a spell, nobody on the mortal plane beyond demons themselves actually understood the arcane grammatical constructs and impossibly complex syllables. One thing was for sure though: The demons refused to teach even their bound masters the language.

This did put her at an advantage, Agatha realized, she was one of the few... formerly... living magi who could even recognize the language, let alone know where it was from. It's doubtful the demons knew she would be able to read it, or did they, Agatha didn't know, she just wanted something to happen already.

A knock on the door fills the room.

> "Come in?"
> Stay Silent
> Incomprehensible Gibberish ( a crazy old lady act)
> Other (Write-in)
>>
>>1186262
> "Come in?"
>>
File: IMG_3114.jpg (13KB, 632x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3114.jpg
13KB, 632x353px
>>1186308
Mustering up the most heartbreaking fragile old-woman voice she can, Agatha says "Come in?"

And as if the invitation was all they needed, the door opened and shut in the literal blink of Agatha's eye. Standing before her was a humanoid like man around 7 feet in height, if he were human he would be considered unhealthily thin, but it was clear by the onyx, light trapping darkness that made up every square inch of his body beside the two pupiless yellow eyes that hang vaguely where eyes should go. Agatha had it pinned for a demon within moments.

"Hello there!" The exuberant tone of the demon's voice grated against Agatha's weary nerves, the thing seems to look at the book in your hands, "And what this we have here?! A book? Did you bring that with you?" The exuberance is now just dull confusion.

> Explain that it was on the table when you arrived
> "Yes... of course it's mine"
> Don't speak, just let the demon go about its business
> Other (write-in)
>>
>>1186480
accidentally switched to the second person perspective for a moment there, you are Agatha but I shouldn't be switching tenses
>>
>>1186504
Also, if you want to discuss things when threads aren't up, and get instant updates on... well... updates, join the discord!

https://discord.gg/wgWJmpj
>>
>>1186480
> Explain that it was on the table when you arrived
>>1186564
I'm on my cell phone right now, but tomorrow I will join for sure
>>
Just dropping by to complain about the lack of gnome rape in your chart.
>>
>>1186611
Oh you sweet, sweet meming anon
In my civs, everyone gets raped

by the gnomes
>>
>>1186480
>> "Yes... of course it's mine"
just my little ole diary hun. Now how can I help you?
>>
>>1186480
>> "Yes... of course it's mine"
>>
>>1186480
>Explain that it was on the table when you arrived
As if I'd use such horrid spelling for my own notes.
>>
>It's mine
>>
>>1186603
Table
>>1188497
Mine
>>1188303
Table
>>1188127
Mine
>>1186756
Mine

("It's Mine" wins)
---
On the inside Agatha was prepared like a cornered animal to defend herself against the unholy creature, but struck up a sweet smile to crack the hearts of even the blackest soul.

"It's mine deary... where am I...?" The frail tone to her voice was worthy of an award, even the demon seemed shocked at the sweetness of it.

"Oh, oh my, yes you sweet old thing..." the demon's awareness was clearly on the table now, "was there a list here?!" If panic was a tone a damned spirit could adopt, his voice was dripping in it.

Agatha perks her ears up at this, a list? What kind of list? Was it the book?

"W- what list mister?" Frail as ever, Agatha seems to have hit a nerve with the demon.

"Oh no no no, master will have my head for this!!!"

"What list??" Agatha asks again

"The list of your crimes elderly one, I knew with such an old bat the list would be small, but there SHOULD be one here." The demon is now facing the perimeter of the room looking for it.

Agatha contended herself to watch the pacing creature for several minutes.

> Let the demon figure it out on his own
> Give the demon the 'list'
> Hide the list in your garments
> other (write-in)
>>
>>1189138
>> Hide the list in your garments
>>
>Take one page from the book.
Pretend it was under the table.
>>
>>1189144
Nice. "Is this it?"
>>
>>1189142
>>1189144

Agatha slips the book deep into the folds of her cloak, slipping it into a secure pocket before quietly and neatly ripping a page out, dropping it to the floor. The page lands without a sound on the opposite side of the table.

"Sir..." Agatha points a shaking finger at the page, "is that it?"

The demon's shoulders drop in relief, the shadowy figure bends down and grabs it. He peruses the page for a second and lets out a long unnaturally high pitched whistle, "WOW you've been busy, there's atleast 300 names here! Some vindictive old woman you ar-"

The demon turns and drills his eye into yours, "There are numbers on the pages, Agatha this is only page 2 of what, 10? Wait... the book, really, you've killed and hurt THAT many people?"

Agatha curses under her breath and slips the book back out, setting it on the table. The demon sets to work quickly rifling through the pages.

"Personally claimed ownership over thousands of souls sold to her..."

"Over 10 million deaths..." the demon seems in awe

"And the number is STILL growing..." he closes the book and claps his hands.

"The master has been waiting a long time for your death you crazy old crone!" The demon is positively jovial at the realization of Agatha's true nature. "Come along now!!"

Agatha stands, losing the facade of a frail old woman and instead steadily walks to the door, held open by the oddly polite creature of evil.

The hallway is just as featureless as the room, one solid smooth surface of stone in every direction, but with tqisting corridors branching off. After numerous lefts, rights, even a set of stairs or two, the pair finds themselves infront of an ornate pair of red doors.

The demon bows to Agatha before dissapating into thin air. She places her hands on the doors and they effortlessly swing open.

Inside is a comfy room, soft wooden floors bedecked in multitudes of ornamental rugs, a large granite and marble fireplace in the corner with a raging fire. It was calming.

Agatha sits herself in a cushioned seat in front of a large scribe's desk, and as soon as her elderly bottom touched the seat, a man appeared sitting across from her. A mustachioed gentleman dressed in very fine robes, something a priest or a statesman might wear when adressing the people. An almost manic grin sits on his face as he stares at Agatha, the book of crimes somehow now in his hand. Another demon.

> Stare back
> "Who are you?"
> Slap the man for scaring you
> Other (write-in)
>>
>>1189188
>Other (write-in)
Well, you seem exited to meet me.
>>
>>1189194
Sure
>>
>>1189188
>>1189194
This
>>
Glad to see you on my Civ Scree <3 pirate time
>>
>>1189242
>>1189200
>>1189194

Agatha keeps her nice old woman face, a vague impression of a smile in the wrinkles, "Well," she places her thin hands in her lap, "you seem excited to see me." She studies the strange demon's face.

His dark robes were draped elaborately around a jerkin of tanned leather ornamented by one or two thin decorative chains hanging over the black fabric of the cloth. Around his neck, a thick necklace of green, polished stones descended into the folds of the robes. A thick wirey beard lined his face, kempt and clean like Agatha would imagine a noble of some sort dressing like in the neighboring human kingdoms to her forest. The grin was awfully gleeful still, top row of his clean white teeth on display, with healthy lips and a rather small nose above them. His eyes were open but were like many demons', solid in color, and in his case an impenetrable blackness that made it look as if you were looking directly into his skull.

Overall, Agatha reasoned that this was a very boring and self-obsessed demon, she had met monstrosities that would drive the common man mad! And this thing thought holes in its head was scary, hah.

The man stays silent, just smiling his odd smile as if frozen, Agatha keeps her gaze locked with it. Suddenly he moves fluidly with his arms lifted as if in surprise, "AGATHA! Oh yes I am quite excited to see you, WELCOME TO HELL!"

Agatha resists the urge to roll her eyes.

> "Cut the shit dear. What's going on?"
> "And who might I ask, are you?"
> "Oh me, why would I be in hell?"
> Other (write in)
>>
>>1189254

I feel like a dick when I accidentally use my trip
>>
>I am truly captivated by how uninteresting you are, if you don't jump to it I think I'll be going now.
>>
>>1189281
> "And who might I ask, are you?"
>>
>>1189281
>"Cut the shit dear. What's going on?"
>>
>>1189281
>> "Oh me, why would I be in hell?"
If he's gonna be so boring, we may as well keep playing sweet old lady gags.
>>
>>1189350
Excellent point darling.
>>
>>1189350
This then
>>
>>1189350
This
>>
>>1189350
This
>>
Rest in infernal peace Agatha

You died with potential
>>
>>1197382
well dis exist
https://discord.gg/wgWJmpj
so maybe some day in the future far far away he come back
>>
Good Job everyone!
It was a fun ride, but every story must reach a conclusion, and taking over the world is as good a conclusion as any.
>>
>>1197382
Lol when OP starts thread with, "lets finish one for once" and it doesn't last a day.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.