[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Birth of a Civilization II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 1

File: Meno-Kilthizo Migration.png (709KB, 1056x375px) Image search: [Google]
Meno-Kilthizo Migration.png
709KB, 1056x375px
Welcome back to Birth of a Civilization.

Here is where we left off :
The Chieftain takes in the Purples, over 200 of them, almost doubling our numbers.
Soon however the Reds arrive, they demand our total surrender or face annihilation.
They give us two days to decide.

Unbeknownst to them we took several logs out of the wall to create a backdoor.
We use it to sneak out, women, children, cattle and lastly the men.

They debated over it for hours, and the Purple warriors refuse to come along with us.
Our chieftain told them to think of their families, but the Purples would not budge.
One of them came forth and told him "We love our Wives, and our Children, but as much as we do, we cannot come with them, we have a duty to fulfill, a duty to our brothers and sisters who were slaughtered by the Reds. We have failed our people before, we will not fail them again."
With these words, the Chieftain leaves the Purple warriors behind as a distraction, while the rest of our tribe sneaks past the Red camp and moves east.

By the time the Reds demand our answer, we are long gone and the Purples have refused their demand in our name.
A single scout of ours stayed behind with the Purples, though outside the village, to tell us just how many Reds there are.

We are moving through the eastern forest, heading for the vast Plains of the unknown lands, still awaiting our scout's return.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're new and interested in playing, here's how it works:
Everyone decides what our People will do next.
All decisions are made by democratic majority vote.
If multiple decisions are made, only those that do not conflict each other will happen.
Rolling 100 overrides a majority decision.
Multiple cases of rolling 100 will happen in order they were rolled.
Everyone may only roll once per pending decision.
Major historical events, may still occur if the point of Origin remains outside our nation's control. (e.g If we don't own Macedonia by 200BC, Alexander the Great happens, no matter what)
Major Historical events may still occur, if our Nation hosts similar conditions as the Nations we currently occupy, as they would have at the appropriate time.
(e.g If we own Rome after 700BC and our King [you] does some more than questionable decisions, we will become a Republic)
Tripfagging is strongly encouraged!
>>
>>1172662
Do we need to repeat our votes from the previous thread?
>>
How many reds? What are the forces of us and the Purples?
>>
>>1172662
Keep heading east, maybe sending small scouting parties (5-10) onto higher ground during the trek to look for a good place to settle, and also for the defense of the group. Our scout should be able to catch up, we cannot wait on one man.
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

Scout for a hill near the river. That's about the best site we're going to get. In terms of social reforms, I think we should formalize our societal structure.

Split society into four groups. The Chieftain is at the head of society, acting as the military, spiritual and general leader of the tribe. Under the chief, society can be split into two groups. Warriors and Artisans. Warriors do as their name suggest, and are made up of me capable of arming themselves. Veteran Warriors gain the right to marry a second wife after either winning a notable victory, or training another warrior. Artisans work on a guild system of sorts, with Master Artisans, those who are skilled in their craft, be it farming or pottery, and who can take on apprentices, who grow to become journeymen, travelling in the lands of the tribe until they can find their own work, and graduating to a master after serving for fifteen years. As with veteran warriors, accomplished masters may marry twice.

When a man marries, he takes it upon himself to not only care for the children of the union jointly with the mother, even in the event of a separation, but to simultaneously adopt another orphaned child, if any can be found, raising it as his own.

Polygamy is only permitted for the successful and wealthy, in order that inheritances are split among many (Easier to tax), and to ensure that the children can and will be supported. If a man cannot pay for the upkeep of his children, he may enter the fourth class.

The fourth class, Thralls, are men or women who are incapable of paying their debts, or supporting their children, and who are put to work by the tribe generally in order to repay their debts.
>>
>>1172932
I don't think our agriculture is productive enough to support full time warriors or artisans (save maybe an occasional smith)
>>
>>1172938
Perhaps not full time. Something like the warriors are the men who can be levied, as in the ones who can afford to arm themselves, but are also farmers while not levied. Artisans are intended to be people who are capable in a trade, such as pottery or brewing, but Farming should probably be the most common profession while the artisan isn't actively working to make baskets or what have you.
>>
>>1172822
if you really want to make the same suggestion, then yes.
>>
>>1173003
I mean, will my last vote count if I don't repeat it here?
>>
>>1173021
I think OP was saying it won't count and that the suggestions from last thread were bad ideas and should not be repeated.
>>
I'D look for mountains to settle there, not the coastline...
>>
>>1173021
No.
I specifically said last thread, that I will not count any votes to this decision that wasn't made in the new thread.
>>
>>1173029
I didn't mention anything about my opinions regarding your decisions.
Personally, I think almost all of them so far have been pretty bad, but I don't really care for their quality, all I care about is that you come to an agreement as to what you want me to work with next.
>>
I was here for the last one of these, joined in the second thread, while mighty Kianur was still only a small group of cities in northern Sumeria. I was the guy who came up with that fuckoff huge building we made with the library of iron tablets and order of warrior monks.
>>
>>1172662
Look for a river valley where we could remain relatively hidden.

Institute polygyny and a custom of adopting wives and children of those who died early. Marry the Purple women off to our warriors.
>>
>>1173038
We're heading for the Plains along the Vistula right now, that is a pretty massive detour South.
>>
>>1173037
Ayy always good to see an oldfag in the thread.
How did you like the last days of our quest, where we had our Mohawks fuck up the Turks in the siege of Constantinople?
>>
>>1173043
I'll be honest, I preferred the part before we got too powerful to be stopped. The last bit I remember was the recapture of Old Kianur and the domination of the world.
>>
>>1173041
I don't mean we should take a detour. I meant that wherever we set up, we should look for a terrain depression to hide our new village.
>>
>>1173049
Yeah that's where the quest died.
Thread saged without any reponses.
And honestly we couldn't keep going anyway, as the files where I saved all the events in, got corrupted.
>>
Does anyone have any issue with my expanded reforms for our society, found here: >>1172932

It seems like>>1173038 is basically the same without the detail of the class structure. More detail is always good.
>>
>>1173060
I think we're too few in number and too poor on production to establish an explicit class structure.
>>
>>1173060
I like the general structure, but as >>1173061 says, splitting our society too harshly is something we can't afford.

Therefore I would suggest that instead of a whole class of thralls, that temporary debt-slavery would be just one of a number of punishments, and once debts are worked off, one would join again the class one originates from.

That would avoid building up the unnecessary tensions resulting from a class of thralls.
>>
>>1173061
>>1173043
can i have a summerize like how many we are and what ressources we have?
>>
>>1173061
also we're pretty damn primitive - our most advanced technology being Bronze smelting, whereas the rest of the world is already experiencing Proto-Globalism, at least until the Bronze age Collapse hits.
>>
>>1173061
Right. I think some class structuring is needed to get us going. For the sake of efficiency, it makes sense to classify certain groups of individuals who can be easily levied, or those who practice certain useful skills. At the moment, if the chieftain needs a wall built, he just puts out the call, but if every man is classified by his profession, the chieftain will know who he needs to call on for what, and taxation can be tailored based on skill. The incentive of polygamy encourages the people to grow more skilled in their respective trades. I don't see that low population is any limit on that, and I can only see it leading to a growth in production.

Perhaps the institution of a fifth class of farmers, those people who cannot arm themselves and work as unskilled farm labourers, with the most productive farmers gaining the benefits of second wives. This way, we can specialize what craftsmen we do have, tax them more efficiently, incentivize productivity, make the raising of troops more efficient and slightly increase the professionalism of our levied forces (If it's the same guys always on call, it makes sense for them to train in their free time to win rewards), and still maintain a solid agricultural base.

Does that work for you, or is there anything you think we need to change for it to work?
>>
>>1173064
I can agree with you there. With the Farmer, Artisan and Soldier classes, each man has the chance to rise and gain prominence, wealth, or the chance to marry a second wife, and if all the classes have the same opportunities, and a man can move between classes based on his skills, there shouldn't be any real tension between them.
>>
>>1173065
Sure.
We are 320 people
200 Females (50 prepubescent)
120 Males (30 prepubescent) - 100 of which have military experience - and out of those 100, 20 are full-time Warriors.

We have 21 cows, 14 sheep, and 2 dogs.
As for food, we have some Emmer and the occasional boars that the Hunters bring home.

Our weapons consist of primitive bows that are hunting exclusive, Spears and round Shields - both of which are made entirely of wood, no metal.
We also have axes, but those are made of stone, and are meant for wood cutting only.
Right now we boast about 5 bronze axes though.
We can also use bronze for spears.
10 Bronze spearheads are equivalent to 5 bronze Axes - or 2 bronze Swords.
we cannot however forge those swords ourselves, and any attempt at doing so will result in the poorest quality weapons imaginable - a rock would be more effective.

Also I would like to emphasize again, that we're playing hardmode, and that I will neither warn or prevent you from making poor decisions that could lead to you losing the game, in fact I encourage them.
>>
>>1173073
I like that at least 10 prepubescent males already have military experience

What's our food production efficiency? How many farmers are needed to feed one non-farming grownup?
>>
>>1173073
Also where were we getting tin for bronze?
>>
>>1173073
Lets be clear, swords are an inefficient use of bronze and we should not make them, even when we are capable of doing so, on any large scale. Spears and Slings should be the mainstay (Axes as a supplementary for charging or shock troops), at least to begin with. A proper fight between a well trained formation with spears and a bunch of random germans is much easier for the spear-men to win, and slings are simple and effective, along with firing faster than bows and requiring much less ammo/training.

Once we're settled, we need to set up some more efficient form of agriculture, probably larger scale irrigation or pastoral herding built around some light agriculture, if we need to be mobile. Sheep breeding is very important, primarily because sheep are just the best livestock for where we are. Wool is vital for warmth, and the ease of feeding and maintaining large herds of sheep makes up for their lack of meat compared to cows. Hell, they can even be milked for cheese.
>>
>>1173075
I'd say about 0.7
Emmer is not exactly a high yielding crop.

>>1173076
Random chance - the blacksmith has to find shiny rocks.
>>
>>1173078
do we have someone who's capable of blacksmithing?
>>
>>1173079
Do we have any other skilled workers besides warriors?
>>
>>1173078
Wait, so 7 farmers can feed 10 non-farmers? Even considering some of those 7 are probably kids too young to work, that's a really good productivity in fact.
>>
>>1173079
>>1173081
Well yes, we have a single blacksmith who doesn't fight for obvious reasons.
We have the farmers, of course, the lumberjacks and the hunters.

>>1173082
No, 10 farmers can feed 7 non-farmers.
>>
>>1173085
>No, 10 farmers can feed 7 non-farmers.
Even that is pretty good if kids start helping at work since young age.
>>
>>1173085
How's the surrounding area look right now
>>
>>1173085
Do squats.
>>
>>1173085
we need to get two of the pubescent men (or maybe even women - if the blacksmith can't fight, might as well make them of the gender that doesn't fight anyways) as aprentices to the blacksmith. god forbid he dies.
>>
>>1173092
I think you are right about having the women smith, That way we can maximise our fighting potential.
>>
Here, is what I believe we should do: try to settle down near a river source (preferably a mountain to stop us from being attacked on all side) , create a settlement behind a palisade to house our leader and our blacksmith plus the two pubescent women he will train. (A future idea might be to have women smiths marry the Future Chief to ensure a monopoly on violence and to prevent rebellions.) After this follow, this guy's lead >>1173077
>>
>>1173107
I support this
>>
>>1173107
sounds good to me
mountains can provide resources too

btw do we have a religion?
>>
>>1173107
>(A future idea might be to have women smiths marry the Future Chief to ensure a monopoly on violence and to prevent rebellions.)

this is brilliant.
>>
>>1173115
Smiths do not monopolize violence. You don't need a bronze axe to bash someone's head in. Manpower is more important to combat at this stage, especially since we only have a tiny amount of copper.
>>
>>1173117
Like I said a future idea, it might not mean a lot in a primitive age and but it might be beneficial down the line.
>>
>>1173117
it doesn't monopolize at once, but it's a good step towards it, at no real resource cost. (excluding the possibility of it just not working due to women being too weak to efficiently run the smithy. But that's something we gotta trial and error.)
>>
So did we reach consensus? I kinda lost track
>>
>>1173157
yeah, it seems like it
we seem to be going for this >>1173107
>>
I'm back.
>>
Our tribe keeps wandering, they make it out of the forest and reach the vast plains around a river they've never seen before (the Vistula).
They settle on a small hill on the shore of the River.
The workers are quick to setup a Palisade wall, before building any proper Longhouses.
While the construction work is still going, the Scout we left behind, has finally caught up to us.
He reports that there were almost 300 warriors of the Reds at the end of the battle , and way over 2000 of the unknown tribe.
The Purple Warriors have fought Heroically, to secure out getaway, he couldn't go in to check, but from what it looked like, they put up a serious fight and managed to kill way above their own numbers.

In a couple more days our new village will be livable and our Chieftain has decreed, that young girls, even if they cannot smith themselves, must learn the craft to teach it to their children.
The Blacksmith himself however, is not particularly fond of this idea, and remarks that his job is stressful enough as is, so he will only take in 2 apprentices, at all, not at once, just 2 in his entire life.
There is not much the chieftain can do about it, not wanting to risk the quality of our weapons, so he agrees and lets the man chose his apprentices himself.
The Chieftain, with the agreement of their parents, strategically marries off his 2 young boys, to the apprentice girls, to ensure his dynasty's rule over the tribe.

The Purples so far are integrating pretty well, though we do have some gripes with their religious practices, as they worship our equivalent of the devil - the Sun.
The Chieftain reckons this isn't meant to be mean spirited toward us, but the rest of the tribe doesn't quite feel that way.
>>
>>1173313
Anyone has any ideas on how to fuse the lore of both tribes?
>>
Are the reds coming for us? How big is the wall?
>>
>>1173347
Dumb idea, but we could preach the sun as a sort of dual deity, one half our devil, and the other their god. On the grounds that it's kinda difficult for random barbarians to actually look at the sun and be entirely sure that it is just one thing. Perhaps we could preach that our warriors go to the sun when they die, to fight out he evil of it, and when the Purples are revering it, they are actually revering the noble warriors of mankind who have gone to fight the devil. We could tell the Purples that all brave warriors travel to the sun after death, which should satisfy them. Straight up heaven for them, Valhalla style for us.

Other than that, I'm really unsure. Could we have a sketch of our basic religious beliefs?
>>
>>1173360
I'd be amazed if the Reds followed our poor, small tribe out into the vast wilderness for no conceivable gain. They might see some honour in it, we are playing on hardmode, but it seems unlikely. Once we're done with religion, encourage the capture of wild sheep and breed as many sheep and cows as we can. Have we invented cheese?
>>
>>1173313
tell the blacksmith that that's fine.

One thing we should definitely do is find some land mark to venerate. Some great lone rock, or a spring or whathaveyou, to make into a holy site.

This >>1173365 is a good approach, but I would change it up a bit - Yes, the sun would be a double deity, but the other half is the moon, its the calm back of the raging sun.

We could try and convince the purples that as the sun, God is unreasoning and chaotic, and praying to him is to no avail - that's why the purples have fallen on misfortune, which has tainted us also, seeing as we have taken the purples.

They instead should pray to their god - the god of their ancestors and the one they have been brought up to venerate, that won't change - pray to their god in its calm and wise state, when it is no longer burning. When it's the moon.
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>1173503
Works for me. I'd suggest we parcel out land around the new village, the outermost and least fertile lands for hunters and herders, while the inner lands are kept for farming. I'd also strongly suggest we develop our farming technique. Do we have the plow? Man or Cattle drawn? If not, invent it. Barring that, irrigation ditches work, or even just crop cycles.
>>
>>1173503
>>1173646
we should start fishing (no kidding) and start planning for floods

and I think assimilating is better than integrating
no room for sunprayers
>>
>>1173666
Fishing's a no brainer, you're right.

On the second point I disagree. On the scale we're operating on, there's no point in cutting out our options. We're not going to have grand crusades soon.
>>
>>1173686
considering we're on hard mode I think OP starts a rebellion wiv em...I guess

we shouldn't allow that
>>
>>1173697
we're on hard mode in a very transparent way: We're savages with little culture and technology in a region where the bronze trade doesn't benefit us much, and we settled in the middle of hostile tribes last time.
>>
>>1173710
so you think religious merging is possible?

I'm still in favour for assimilation but we decide democratically and I can see your opinion has the majority...
we still need resources to trade and someone we can trade with (allies) snd a plan B
>>
>>1173740
Merging is always the best option to keep morale high. And the whole two deities in one with the sun and the moon being opossites yet equal should be pretty enticing to the purples.

As for trade, I don't think we should worry about that yet considering we are pretty much using up everything we produce right now. And trading away what little we have is gonna be pretty unefficient
>>
I think I saw something earlier about how the bronze we have is basically worthless in trade

might as well make those weapons if we aren't already
>>
Well lads, I'm gonna need a decision some time soon.
>>
>>1177705
What's in the vast plains?
>>
>>1177741
Nothing.
Grass.
They're plains.
>>
>>1177765
Do we know how too weave?
If not let's learn that.
I'm just waiting for the other anons to decide what to do.
>>
>>1177705
well there are three different anons that agreed with the attempt to gradually merge lore by convincing the purples that, while the sun is their megadeity, it is the unresponsive side of it, and that the moon is a far better way to reach it (thereby not infringing on the devil-connotations)

two votes for fishing, one for looking for a holy site and one for starting to get farmland going. In fact, I agree with the latter, so two for farmland. and one weaving vote.
>>
>>1177981
I think fishing is best we're right next to a river it would be foolish not to utilize it as soon as we can
>>
>>1178205
I suppose that's fair. Fishing first, and then farming reform. Maybe use fish refuse for fertilizer.

I'll throw my vote into fishing first, and then agricultural reform ( >>1173646) second.
>>
>>1177705
Yup, fishing. Maybe make a trap pond (I can't recall how it's called properly)
>>
>>1178216
I agree, so pretty sure that can be considered decided.
>>
My god, we finally got a consensus. Praise be to the Sun-Moon-Thing
>>
Shit, we also need to fix the religion thing, once we've set up fishing. Hopefully the Purples don't revolt or leave in the few weeks we'll take to start fishing before we merge the religions.
>>
The Village is getting close to completion, but our people are hungry.
The farmers have already taken a couple of spears and started stabbing into the River for some fish.
The river hardly yields anything, but it's just enough to bridge the gap between sowing and harvesting seasons.
During that time we learned that the Purples actually call themselves the Sunna-Kilthizo (Sun Children) - an odd coincidence.
It took them some time to get accustomed to the fact that our deities are polar opposites, neither of our tribes likes it, but both have grown used to it - much to the dissatisfaction of our Chieftain.
To put an end to this and bring back the happiness of both his subject tribes, he openly proposes to them, that Sun and Moon are in fact the same being - How else would they explain that they are never in the same place at the same time? Or the fact that the Sun sinks down in the west , the Moon rises in the east?
It cannot be mere coincidence either that the Moon shines at night, as brightly as the Sun at day! Surely, there must be something to this, right?
Well, the Children are certainly convinced, the rest of his people however, are not. The tensions between Sun and Moon are rising.
>>
>>1178460
A bit of a shame that it wasn't included that we kept the sun as the negative side of the deity to keep our people happy. But I don't suppose it would have helped too much.

We definitely need a festival, or a holy site, or something to appease the religious needs of our people.

A miracle would be best.
>>
>>1178467
well, can't win em all.
>>
>>1178460
well anyways. Fishing seems to be shit around here, so let us commence hunting of small game while the gros of the food will be provided by farming.

I would suggest a feast to honour the moon, but that's not gonna happen with the food we have, so I will instead vote for looking for a place to be called holy which we can have veneration around, and to which we will call the Sunna-Kilthizo to praise the moon (as the right aspect of their deity) with us.

If there's strong disagreement happening around that, then we will side with our people of course, and we will spin things in such a way that we have explained the truth to the purples, they have accepted its truth (as they have agreed to our interpretation>>1178460)
but still reject to act according to it.

The punishment would then be thrallship.
>>
Well, if we can't keep them happy religiously, we can damn well keep them happy with food, and once we're good and prosperous it'll be a lot easier to host a convincing festival. Start up land reform and hand out plots of land, as detailed here: >>1173646
>>
>>1178741
I support that
>>
>>1178774
>>1178741
this is good
>>
>>1178963
I agree develop farming and build up our food supply first then worry about assimilating the purples
>>
>>1178998
can't we do both?
>>
>>1179003
What I meant was build up farming and then after we have a larger supply host a festival so we can try and lower the purples resistance to us
>>
>>1179039
Actually it's us who are resistant to Purples.
>>
>>1178460
Why not just say, religion should not be a open thing? Like we can worship the moon and they can worship the sun, but we don't openly speak which we are because professionalism should be the main priority.
>Anywho, action, start building some river side houses and some woven nets to start fishing year round. Also maybe make some drying racks for fish and meat so we can have stores of food.
>>
>>1179343
>Why not just say, religion should not be a open thing? Like we can worship the moon and they can worship the sun, but we don't openly speak which we are because professionalism should be the main priority.
we'd be giving away 80% of our influencing power and moral high ground. Religion is everything at this stage in cultural development, suggesting that will net us a revolt for sure
>>
Yes I agree, food and farming should be our priority.
>>
posting update tomorrow morning
I'm tired and need some sleep.
>>
God this gets hard to keep track of...

Do we have any work on mining better metals/gemstones for weaponry/trade?

If not do others think this would be a good idea (this is a communal thing after all)
>>
>>1180135
>Better metals
Anon, we'd need to invent ironworking for that. Also we have no one to trade with.

Speaking of that, let's send scouts around to see who else lives here.
>>
>>1180153
Well, how would we get ironworking going?
and would it be worth our time?
(I'm pretty new to this kinda thing...)
>>
>>1172662
Anyone have an archive of the first BoaC?
>>
The Chieftain for now disregards the Tensions between his tribes and instead goes out to help the Farmers working the fields.
We are a primitive society afterall, and there's not much to do right now anyway, the Chieftain gotta kill his time somehow.
We claim vast amounts of Land, as we aren't aware of any feasible competition in the area.
The new harvesting season comes around, and since we have so many fields, it takes significantly longer to harvest, but we end up with a food surplus for once.
>>
Shall we start a fallow system to increase our crop output?
>>
>>1182630
of course, assuming we haven't already...
>>
>>1182630
I think we should, let's take advantage of our surplus to teach young boys how to fight
>>
>>1182630
Yes.
>>
>>1182519
Well if we have a surplus, begin making grain storages to keep the food safe. Then for a following action, send out a 3 small scouting party to.
>1:Explore the surround area to see if we truly are the only tribe around here.
>2:Look for open deposits of ore or cave where some could be found.
>3:Just to have a better understanding of what's around us.
>>
>>1178593
Slavery doesn't work in small communities bruh.
>>
>>1182818
I second these actions, scouting the area and building our village should be our top priorities right now. We should take advantage of this food surplus while we can, perhaps we should hold a feast or celebration as an attempt to quell the hostilities arising in the tribe?
>>
>>1182519
>Build grain storage
>Domesticate cats or owls to guard it
>Scout the area

How did we end up with the sun as the devil though? Are there any RL instances of that?

>>1180595
We most likely won't discover ironworking until the collapse of the tin trade. The reason being pure iron is no better than bronze and harder to process to boot.
>>
>>1182927
yeah I agree, and I argued against it above, but at the point where I suggested we should do it its that or exile for the purples. And I want the manpower.

>>1183610
>How did we end up with the sun as the devil though? Are there any RL instances of that?

that was part of the first decision made in this civ. Our name translates to moon children, we venerate the moon and... I think the sun is theatening to swallow it? I can't quite remember how the guy put it, but it one the popular vote.
>>
>>1183610
I actually just toss random traits around hoping to damage the players - as is my purpose.
>>
>>1183647
I wonder if those three anons who voted for the hard mode are even around now.
>>
>>1183647
Okay OP, clear this up once and for all: Is "hard mode" anything but what would follow logically from our starting position?
>>
>>1183777
Yeah I'm still here bud. I still like my civs hard as shit just like my vidya.
>I beat demons souls, dark souls, dark souls 2 and dark souls 3.
>I'm new game plus 10+ with different charters in each.
>Excluding demon souls.
>>
>>1183781
No.
I punish any poorly thought out decisions, hardmode is just extremely poor civilization building prerequisites.

For instance, the last time I hosted a BoaC, we were in a Blue zone, yet the Empire collapsed in on itself several times, because of bankrupcy and civil unrest.
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

Send some scouts. We know nothing about this region
>>
>>1183854
knew it.

>>1183777
people wanted to start in Germania, it makes sense.
>>
Also I would like to point out, we can't just spontaneously be innovative, just because you guys have knowledge from the future.
If you do, be prepared for serious consequences.
Something something great power, something something responsibility.
>>
can we try to increase / improve / train our fishing abilities? maybe this leds to canoeing (did I spelled that correctly?)

and I'm also against slavery
>>
>>1178963
>>1173740
this is my third ID>>1184069
wtf, the first time I'm on this board is that common?
>>
Ok, this thread is still around huh?

Personally I think being nomadic is our best bet, ill give some reasons why

Pros
>expanded diet
>greater opportunities for raiding and trading
>harder for us to be killed off
>larger possibilities for symbiotic relationships and religions

Cons
>lowers food security and passive pop growth
>we jews now

And yes I voted hard mode last thread
>>
>>1184107
We don't have horses, so we'd have to be cart based, which makes raiding a lot harder, and even if we did have horses we also haven't got the technology to utilize them. We could be wandering hunter gatherers, but without Horses we'll never amount to much. A cart based nomad civilization could be interesting, but in order to develop any kind of complex society we're gonna need fertile ground and a chance to farm, or to travel somewhere prosperous enough to sustain raiding.
>>
>>1184192
Good points,and I doubt grermania has many horses. Hrrrrm migrate east mabye?
>>
>>1184242
Also gonna trip up

Reason I say east is because theres probably not many people there so we can be isolated and grow independently.
>>
>>1184242
I'd really suggest a move south to warmer, safer climates. Hopefully we can settle on the verges of civilization and find a place for ourselves other than in the cold, barren grasslands we find ourselves in now.
>>
>>1184244
Sorry, lemme try that again
>>
>>1184244
>>1184245
we just settled here and you guys wanna go already?
>>
>>1184249
Germany is a shit hole with a lot of people, so the choices are:
>stay
>migrate to a bigger shithole with less people
>go to a nonshithole with lots of fucking people

>>1184245
You suggesting something like the po valley
>>
>>1184253
The Po or the Danube, Hell, even Illyria, literally anywhere less shit than here. I'd suggest we stick around, grow our herds so that we can sustain the journey, and develop carts to carry our possessions with us. First on the list is the growth of our livestock herds.

>>1184249
Yeah, Germania is shit, irredeemably so. The sensible thing is to leave.
>>
>>1184278
Well the danzig/holstein/rhine areas arent that bad
>>
Okay ill compile somw shit for convinience sake:

Settle in place:
>literal trash
Migrate north
>are you insane?
Migrate west
>bassically the same as settling in place
Migrate east
>higher chances for nomad stuff (closer to horses) but otherwise trash
Migrate south
>fuck hardmode, wez wuz romans nshiet

All these things considered I want to go east. Cause muh hordes
>>
>>1184288
>Migrate south
>>fuck hardmode, wez wuz romans nshiet

oh yeah, or maybe, you know, Hallstatt culture?
>>
>>1184344
Just wikid that shit
/comfy/ as fug.

We alpine jews now? I can handle that.
>>
>>1184288
>>1184278

>having this many wrong opinions
Do you fucks even know where I put you?
You faggots are settled along a (as far as the tribe knows) uncontested river, with a shitton of workable plains.
Besides, you're in poland right now, how do you figure you're gonna get to the alps?
>>
You got plenty of time to figure out a decision, I'm off to bed.
>>
>>1184369
Put shit in carts and move.

But its cool if we realistically cant. We can make do with what we have.
>>
>>1184372
Our priority right now is the religious divide, as I understand it. Let's use our harvest surplus and organize a festival thanking the Moon for this boon. Include lots of fun rituals (probably involving booze and/or sex). The goal is to convince the Purples to explicitly worship the Moon.

>>1184281
>>1184107
>Being nomadic without a settled civilization to subjugate
It's like you want us to remain irrelevant barbarians forever anons.
>>
>>1182519
No but seriously I vote for making a grain storage, or just a general stockpile really, a secure structure with minimal moisture and exposure to the elements. We should put that in the center of the town.

Also, we should start laying out a games field, so that the sun team and the moon team can sort their differences by seeing who can throw a spear the furthest. Might have some wrastling too. The games should take place at sun down and sunrise.
>>
>>1184397
Linking to >>1184372
If it matters

>>1184395
True enough
>>
>>1184369
Poland, uncontested as it may be, is still a shithole. Workable plains is hardly the same as fertile plains, and we've got to work a functional society out of a hundred miles of dirt and a river.

If we stay, the thing we need the most is more people, and more livestock.

>>1184395
This suggestion works.

Once we're unified, we can build up the infrastructure needed for an efficient harvest cycle. That is basically there most vital thing after proper unification. Agricultural surplus is the most vital part of civilization. Once we have that, we can support non-farming classes, and start establishing trade relations with our neighbours up and down the Vistula.

So, I'm throwing my support behind using our surplus to throw a unification festival, make it something like a harvest festival, so we can repeat it to set the beginning of the calendar and food cycle. Harvest Season follows the festival, lasting from September to November, Winter lasts from November to March, March/April are planting months, and the intervening months make time for manufacture and trade. A formalized calendar based around a structure of festivals could be very beneficial to the establishment of a unified culture.
>>
>>1184571
Haven't we just finished with the harvest? How come the harvest season is just beginning?
>>
>>1184621
Yeah, I just messed up my timing there, it doesn't make any sense for a festival to begin the harvest, rather, one to cap it off, once the food is abundant, so all the food that is set to rot quickly can be eaten, pushing up morale for winter. Harvest season starts when the harvest begins, and ends when the last crops are harvested, at which point we hold a festival. Does that sound good?
>>
>>1184680
That's logical.
>>
Just testing real quick whether we already saged or not, if yes, I'm going to post update in the new thread
>>
>>1186316
It sages when you hit 3 days since op post or untill enough time has passed when the thread is on page 3
>>
>>1186463
Well the thread didn't bump when I posted so I already made a new thread.
Besides, it's only about 3 hours until we sage, so might as well.
New thread is here >>1186466
>>
>>1186489
Mkay its all good
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.