[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CIVILIZATION THREAD - High Fantasy Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_3078.jpg (3MB, 2300x6400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3078.jpg
3MB, 2300x6400px
RULES
> VOTE for a PLACE first
> DO NOT VOTE for a PLACE until the first vote is concluded

Once we get to the PLACE vote:
> You must choose a high-fantasy location,
Example of boring, unwanted setting:
> "desert"
Boring.

Instead, describe a crazy setting, be creative! This won't follow the 'low-fantasy but with weird civ races' format that most of these tend to follow.

I'll be in class for the next hour, discuss and vote a race and start tossing around ideas for a place.

I'll let you know when I'm back.
>>
>>1169721
(Just to make a note here, I'm the OP of both Friends of the Faun, and the recent Underground Naga civ, I just finished hell week at univeristy so now I actually have time to run, won't abandon this time, swear to god)
>>
>>1169729
I'm thinking of a giant mountain with a network of caves through them. I was also thinking orc
>>
File: IMG_1997.jpg (3MB, 1500x6400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1997.jpg
3MB, 1500x6400px
>>1169721
Feel free to draw from either of these civ starters, I prefer narrative over stats-heavy civs (not to say there won't be any)
>>
I like the giant mountain with like a labrynth built in a mountain. As for race we have to be Minotaurs. The beasts of the labyrinth.
>>
>>1169737
>>1169752
Tie between Minotaurs and Orcs so far, anyone else want to pitch in an idea or two?
>>
>>1169721
Undead
>>
>>1169729
the Naga was good, this time will be better
>>
>I'm thinking of a giant mountain with a network of caves through them
the location is good
>>
>>1169759
if we have to vote for this two i vote but i prefer undead
>>
>>1169759
Minotaurs
>>
>>1169759
Orcs
>>
>>1169740
Undead.
>>
>>1169790
>>1169794
>>1169798
kek
>>
>>1169737
Second, sounds cool af
>>
>>1169803
The giant mountain within a labyrinth of caves. But I want the race to be Giants.
>>
>>1169800
Roll a d-4 do decide?
>>
>>1169817
1d2 since Mino and Orc are tied.
>>
>>1169818
2 for orcs
2 for mino
2 for Undead
1 for giants
lest the QM decide
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>1169818
Dice gods!
1:Ork boys
2:Bull buddies
3:Zombie commies
>>
>>1169824
Why are you rolling?
>>
>>1169824
We never said zombie. Also, I think it may be possible to do a mutually benifical coexistence. I don't think it would fly though, QM will most likely need some cheap conflict, and if we start off tolerant that'll be hard to pull off.
>>
>>1169721
Undead
>>
>>1169824
Well, I'll do this.

3d10 - Whoever wins the highest roll wins, will go into runoff rolls if tie

> 1 - Minotaurs
> 2 - Undead
> 3 - Orcs
>>
Rolled 6, 10, 6 = 22 (3d10)

Whoops
>>
>>1169883
UNDEAD IT IS THEN WITH THE 10

Let's get that location vote, so far we have a lot of support for a very labyrithian mountain, but there's still time to suggest more!
>>
>>1169886
Labyrinth is good for me
>>
>>1169886
The extensive tunnel system is all that remains of an ancient civilization. Carvings indicate that they were capable of amazing works of metallurgy and engineering, though their exact methods are lost, or worse, fatally corupted. Possibly the cause of their demise, the tunnels are full of cannibalistic beetles that are extremely hazardous in swarms.

Nice details? Yes or no?
>>
>>1169894
Nice
>>
>>1169894
I like it.

I'll leave it open for a few minutes in case people want to add anything (setting based) for me to work in more details.
>>
>>1169912
Alright, Mountain Labyrinth wins.

Next vote:
> What species are your undead primarily composed of?
>>
>>1169940
Vampires,
>>
>>1169948
Er, to be more clear, I mean what are the undead converted from, (i;e, what species was raised into undead)
>>
File: Jxm86c8.jpg (9KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Jxm86c8.jpg
9KB, 600x315px
Skeleton war starts now.
>Skeleton Army with Bone Lich King.
>>
>>1169940
nice, the undead win,
lich with ghoul from elves
>>
>>1169940
Humans and Lizardfolk
>>
File: Wightundead.jpg (121KB, 400x565px) Image search: [Google]
Wightundead.jpg
121KB, 400x565px
Why not wights?
>>
>>1169959
One for elves

>>1169960
One for humans/lizardfolk
>>
>>1169959
This
>>
>>1169971
+1 actually
>>
>>1169972
can be humans/lizardfolk
as long is dead I do not care
>>
>>1169972
From elves would be nice... but to be completely honest, a reanimated elf corpse really has none of what makes elves decent. My vote goes to humans/lizard folk unless someone can assure me elf will maintain some amount of grace.
>>
>>1169990
I could allow varying levels of decay, the stronger the undead the more 'recognizable' they are
>>
>>1169940
gnolls
>>
>>1170043
So the deal is, what do we want out of our higher level dudes, grace or fraking lizards, consider my vote for elves then.
>>
>>1170082
this
>>
>>1170082
Still voting for elves
>>
File: IMG_3093.jpg (85KB, 800x691px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3093.jpg
85KB, 800x691px
>>1170087
>>1170085
>>1170082
> Race: Elvish Undead
> Location: Labyrinthian Mountains

And one last vote:
>What form will your leader take?
All of these will be given an elvish flair and background to them, along with deciding greatly how your civilization composed of a majority undead will function hierarchically, but over all every option will have one indisputable autocrat at the top.

> Vampire Lord - An elven necromancer turned Vampire who may spread his curse at will while commanding an army of the dead.
> Necromancer King - An immortal elf who has yet to ascend to undeath, but has instead adopted the arts of necromancy after inheriting the throne of his father's lands.
> Lich Master - Leader of a coven of necromancers who has ascended to true immortality through death magic, sealing their soul inside a phylactery that acts as their anchor to the mortal plane.
> Forgotten One - An elf cursed with undeath but driven insane by their own free will. With the lack of a master, this creature has roamed the darkness for many years before coming across mortal beings whom he soon subjugated to his will through the power of his undeath.
>Write-in (please be detailed with this)
>>
>>1170182
>Vampire Lord - An elven necromancer turned Vampire who may spread his curse at will while commanding an army of the dead.
>>
>>1170182
>> Necromancer King - An immortal elf who has yet to ascend to undeath, but has instead adopted the arts of necromancy after inheriting the throne of his father's lands.

i will probably always vote for necromancer
>>
>>1170236
Second to make the game progress faster
>>
>>1170236
This is literally the one option that isn't, themselves, undead.
>>
>>1170253
'm being inconsistent, but I always vote for necromancer, there's something that leads me to this, but if it's for the sake of history, I can switch to lich.
>>
>>1170253
you are right, i will change for lich then>>1170182
>>
>>1170182
Lich elf
Also, what kind of zombie elf are we?
I mean, the fact that we are underground would suggest drow, but maybe we are something else?
>>
>>1170310
We can be an army of various things, not just a fixed thing
>>
>>1170374
I assumed the original undead elves were the undead remains of whoever built the tunnels, but then again having the lich just make up his little zombie army elsewhere and then holing up in the abandoned ruins makes a bit more sense.
>>
>>1170182
>Vampire Lord - An elven necromancer turned Vampire who may spread his curse at will while commanding an army of the dead.
Lich is so boring and done to death.
>>
>>1170454
Indeed.
>>
>>1170182
could we go with a necromancer druid? that not only raises other races but animals as well to make a truly twisted mockery of an elven civilization?
>>
>>1170479
Unholy tits, I change my vote.
>>
>>1170479
If this is allowed then I'll switch.
>>
>>1170479
Seconded
>>
>>1170479
This
>>
File: IMG_3094.jpg (43KB, 318x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3094.jpg
43KB, 318x480px
>>1170479
I love this!

I have work for the next 2hours, forgot to post that.

We start soon!
>>
File: IMG_3098.jpg (55KB, 736x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3098.jpg
55KB, 736x750px
>>1170718
In the meantime, dumping necro-druid concept art.
>>
>>1170736
holy fuck you whipped that up quick
>>
File: IMG_3097.jpg (163KB, 773x1033px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3097.jpg
163KB, 773x1033px
>>1170736
>>
File: IMG_3100.jpg (104KB, 736x983px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3100.jpg
104KB, 736x983px
>>1170738
I used google, don't be too impressed
>>
>>1170749
>>1170736
>>1170740
Nice Google my friend
>>
>>1170771
I try, I try. I was trained in the ways of mongolian google-fu at a young age
>>
File: IMG_3101.jpg (20KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3101.jpg
20KB, 263x191px
A grand stillness sits over the forest-village of the druidic order, nearly tangible with the heaviness of fear of peoples that were nowhere in sight. Natural lanterns cast a soft blue light over the twisting paths and grown buildings, but nobody was there to use their light. Even the animals seemed scared, sensing the stress, fear, and anger of the druidic elves that cohabited in their homes.

The sound of an elven voice, deep with masculine baritone touched by the softness of their species rings out across the hidden homes of the elves.

"Your practices are worthy of far greater punishments Carunel," you stare your father in the eye as he leans forward on his throne of woven branches, listing the crimes of your master and teacher - the 'black druid' Carunel, "But out of respect for your contributions to your society, and the love I have for my son you have turned against me..." the cold disappointment was dripping from the lordly elf's angular features, his age unknowable from the depth of the animalistic alterations of his ancient face, "you will be exiled along with your little band of apostates... enforceable by death." His voice had a tone of finality that could only be portrayed by an elf who had seen vast expanses of time.

You hold your grimace beneath your veil of blackened feathers - the symbol of Carunel's disciples, your master had been quite clear to let him do the talking and you were content to ignore the threats of your weak father and lord. Carunel smiles, "You lead our people to ruin my lord, the barbarians will not be stopped by the mere branches and mindless animals of your dominion... remember these words as your kingdom falls." The crooked grin almost glows beneath your master's own hood, the corrupted magic of nature giving his eyes a sickly dark green glow, a glow that you had begun to develop in your own eyes from years of exposure to the necromantic power of Carunel.

Your master grabs the hem of his cloak, following in theme with his hood in a grand display of massive, obsidian-colored feathers, and turns, facing the many elders of the community surrounding their Lord in smaller thrones of bark and branch, "My lords... fear death if you must... but all will become clear... Even your hallowed prince," he places a hand on your shoulder, "has seen the true fear reaped by Orcish kind and knows ONLY I have the answer..." mention of the elves' greatest enemies, the orcish nomads of the grand wastes mere miles from your forested home, ever more powerful as they bred themselves to greater and greater numbers. He pauses, giving you a chance to speak if you so chose.

> Voice your agreement, Carunel's mastery of both druidic life and necromantic death is true power.
> Taunt your father, speak of Carunel's strength and highlight your father's weakness.
> Reassure the elders' fears, tell them all are welcome to join you in the safety of your exile with the true master
> Stay Silent
> Other (write-in)
>>
>>1171541
sorry for taking so long, had a lot of traffic on the way back
>>
>>1171541
>Voice your agreement, Carunel's mastery of both druidic life and necromantic death is true power.
>>1171568
All good.
>>
>>1171541
>> Other (write-in)
I will not stand by and do nothing while those barbarians think they can destroy our homes. We have lived here for centuries and more and yet those brutes believe they can take our ancestral land from us, and worse still is that you all seem to be content to stand idly by and let them. Well I refuse to let them steal our lands and if I must damn myself in your eyes to protect that what I care most for then I gladly cast myself out so that we as a people can continue to survive.
>>
>>1171599
Second the fuck out of this.
We can start like any puss by running away and getting killed for nothing. But I'd rather go out with a fucking purpose, fighting those dirty shit eatting barbarians whom believe that they, of all peoole, deserve OUR land. Rally people till every elven man us sething with rage, whip up the crowds with the promise of glory though blood, the protection of our homes, our ways of life and most importantly service to the one true nature god.
>Let's go kill some bitchs and get our selfss a nice ass skull mug!
>>
>>1171541
>> Voice your agreement, Carunel's mastery of both druidic life and necromantic death is true power.
>>
>>1171759
>>1171599
Rally them up, nah, they've been rallied, against us.
>>1171541
>Reassure the elders' fears, tell them all are welcome to join you in the safety of your exile with the true master
>>
You grab your father's gaze with your own, a low grumble reverberating in the room with your anger, it starts out quiet at first, the energies of life and death filling the room with an ominous sense of fear, a constant buzzing in everyone's ears and a seeping doubt at the backs of their minds.

You step forward, and the white-noise stops...

Every breath is held bated...

If a leaf had fallen, it would make enough noise in that sudden impactful silence to cause everyone to jump.

Your voice breaks the peace only slightly, "I will not stand by," almost a whisper to the assembled crowd of elders. You let the words hang in the air. Before the energies burst forth in a violent wave of energy, enough to shake the wooden throne room to its foundations, "... and I WILL NOT stand by and do nothing while these barbarians think they can destroy our homes." You swing your head to meet as many elders as you can in their sullen wise eyes, "We have lived here for centuries, and yet those brutes believe they can take our ancestral home?" The energy calms slightly with the edge of your voice, inquisitive but heavy with dissapointment, "Worse still... you ALL seem to be content to idly stand by AND LET THEM DO IT." You notice your master grinning as the elders collectively shuffle uncomfortably, murmuring amongst themselves at your screams, "WELL I REFUSE TO LET THEM STEAL OUR LANDS WITH IMPUNITY!" You summon up a vestige of your power, shrouding yourself in the green aura of nature's mana, "AND IF I MUST DAMN MYSELF IN YOUR EYES TO PROTECT THAT WHICH I CARE FOR MOST!" The green light surrounding you begins to develop crackling lines of black through it, tainting the color and throwing a variety of differently shaded colors of sickly, rich greens and blacks.

You're shocked slightly in your tirade as a lower noble, significantly on the edge of the pack of elders signifying his relatively recent appointment as elder, stands and voices his agreement, "I STAND WITH THE CROWN PRINCE!"

You nod in his direction, "I will glady cast myself out so that we as a people can continue to survive. Should you not stand with me, you are undeserving of the life filling your old veins..."

Carunel grins, "Your prince is right old ones. Join us or die. This is your choice."

You glare into the elders' eyes again as you let your power wane a little. Carunel turns and walks slowly put of the room, his pale skin revealed slightly by the blue light of the lanterns outside. You follow him, and a small line of elders rise to follow you - merely a small fraction of the assembled elves, and none of them in the Lord's inner circle beyond yourself and your master.
(Cont.)
>>
>>1172102
You follow in silence, a slow procession of black-robed druids descending the grown-wood stairs to the forest floor. Peasents follow your small crowd in the shadows as elves are apt to do, watching with keen interest as the monotony of their long lives were interrupted with the odd sight. All stopped at the edge of the city as you crossed the border into the forests, their curiosity strong but not powerful enough to follow you into the woods.

Carunel stops as you progress around a mile away from the city, deep in the woods of your homeland. He wraps an arm around your shoulder and pulls you to the side. "My young prince, I must ask you to do something... unsavory to ensure our survival." He explains quickly the need for ghouls to supplement your small force as you search for a new base of operation, leavings little but the peasants and animals...

> Agree to slaughter and raise as many peasants as possible without raising alert to the elders
> Agree to slaughter and raise only animals in the forest
> Agree to kill and raise both, there is no reason to limit your power despite the horrors you must commit
> Other (write-in)
>>
>>1172112
>> Agree to slaughter and raise only animals in the forest
let our corruption grow slowly
>>
>>1172112
>Agree to slaughter and raise only animals in the forest
>>
>>1172112
The peasants simply need time to decide who they will choose to follow. Give them some more time to truly think things out, judgement day will come soon enough.
> Agree to slaughter and raise only animals in the forest
>>
>>1172112
Let's raise both why limit power
>>
>>1172112
>Other
Only those that behave as lesser. It is not as though a fool makes any lesser ghouls than a sage.
>>
>>1172368
Also, if we could inflict the orc/elf front with ano energy that improves the chances of an elf raising as a revanant that would be awesome.
>>
>>1172376
>>1172368
>>1172358
>>1172159
>>1172127
>>1172121

Slaughtering the animals wins by wide margin, post will be up either tonight or sometime tomorrow morning
>>
>>1172537
>>1172537
Thank you for running, anyways.
>>
>>1172537
Excited!
>>
>>1172112
>>1172102

Carunel grins with a vacant smile as you voice your agreement, "Good young prince, good. I'm glad to see your father's... misguided... moral compass wasn't passed on to you." The ancient, pale elf turns again, a rush of air creating a rustling through the many black feathers that make up his cloak.

Your master and the rest of your entourage begin to move past you as you lower yourself into a cross-legged position on the forest floor. The green aura began to flow from your skin to surround you in that verdant shell, and with it you could feel the life in the forest, infinite and teeming. Each heartbeat and turn of an insect wing creates an overwhelming symphony of life that the druids find so intoxicating - but to you this spelled only strength as you extended your mind through the trees and animals.

You watch as feral forest goblins, small squat humanoids that were on but the lowest rung of intelligence bouncing around a massive fruit tree, swinging from branches and jabbering in clicks and squeals to one another. A mother dire-bear and her growing cubs nesting in the hollow of a petrified tree, and miraculously, the presence of a dryad.

The women of the forest, spirits who resided in the most ancient parts of nature, were well known to exist in these parts, but rarely made themselves known except in the case of hunting as it was now. The naked women seemed to have limbs made from some fusion of tree bark and flesh, an almost erotic display of ornamentation and display with little bits and pieces undoubtably collected from the forest floors and her many hunts...

You had several options:
> Use the Druidic magic to summon a variety of creatures at random (Dice check for variety, number, and quality)
> Focus your abilities to attract a small number of "powerful" creatures, such as the direbear and her cubs, (Dice check to see if its only the bear)
>Go for gold, attempt to attract the dryad to you to either corrupt her to your will, or kill the powerful spirit and raise it as your servant (relatively dangerous if you don't succeed)
>other (write in)

all dice will be rolled AFTER vote is decided
>>
>>1173310
>Use the Druidic magic to summon a variety of creatures at random (Dice check for variety, number, and quality)
right now we're scouting for a new home. Numbers help us find things quicker.
>>
>>1173310
Go for gold with dryad
If we get powerful servant early on it'll be a huge aid for times to come. Worst case scenario we weren't as powerful at magic as we thought we were. Plus this would serve as great example of twisting elven society to the extreme.
>>
>>1173369
I like this option. However do we know any precautionary measures we can take to increase our odds if so let's use them
>>
>>1173310
>> Use the Druidic magic to summon a variety of creatures at random (Dice check for variety, number, and quality)
>>
>>1173310
>Go for gold, attempt to attract the dryad to you to either corrupt her to your will, or kill the powerful spirit and raise it as your servant (relatively dangerous if you don't succeed
>>
File: IMG_3104.jpg (59KB, 800x581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3104.jpg
59KB, 800x581px
>>1173321
>>1173387
2 for variety

>>1173396
>>1173369
>>1173374
3 for dryad

Dryad wins by one

HOW THIS ROLL WILL WORK:
>Step 1.)
The next 5 posters will roll 2d100

- note: The first dice is for attracting/tracking the dryad, the second dice is for initiative (how well prepared you are/how good or bad your position is)

> Step 2.)
DC for attracting: 20 to track, 50 to attract
DC for initiative: 40
> Step 3.)
Each of the first 5 people to roll will be checked to see if they passed or failed and then are tallied, an example:
> anon 1 rolls 60, 60 Win, Win
> anon 2 rolls 10, 90 Lose, Win
> anon 3 rolls 03, 96 L, W
> anon 4 rolls 87, 09 W, L
> anon 5 rolls 90, 90 W, W
Roll one had 3 wins
Roll two had 4 wins

> Step 3.) Wins will be measured by the following

ZERO WINS, FIVE LOSSES: Crit Failure
1 W, 4 L: Major loss
2 W, 3 L: Minor failure
3 W, 2 L: Average success
4 W, 1 L: Major success
5 W, 0 L: Critical Success

(A natural 100 or a natural zero will raise win/loss counts respectively by 3. So if someone rolls a 100, it's an automatic win, if someone rolls a zero, it's an automatic loss.)

Now let's get those 2d100 boys
>>
Rolled 71, 55 = 126 (2d100)

>>1173431
>>
Rolled 8, 59 = 67 (2d100)

>>1173431
>>
Rolled 69, 50 = 119 (2d100)

>>1173431
>>
Rolled 46, 10 = 56 (2d100)

>>1173431
>>
Rolled 95, 27 = 122 (2d100)

>>1173431
>>
Rolled 88, 29 = 117 (2d100)

>>1173431
>>
>>1173477
>>1173519
>>1173565
>>1173568
>>1173579
These rolls count, post inc in the next hour or two
>>
Rolled 62, 55 = 117 (2d100)

>>1173431
so can we pimp her out if we corrupt her?
>>
>>1173585
2 Average success nice i guess
>>
>>1173597
I think is actually major success roll one and average success on initiative
>>
>>1173585
Op you still alive
>>
>>1177031
hope so
>>
>>1185718
A shame what happened to Op, this had the makings of a great quest.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.