[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bard Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

You sit in the crowded Darkport Inn after just having stepped off stage. The crowd, drunk and happy enjoyed your performance quite a bit. You must have really brought down the house as a busty barmaid sets down a wooden pitcher of Honeydew Ale with a wink.

"Surely, ye must be tired after such a show." She says

You simply smile and pour yourself a tankard of the sweet alcohol and drink greedily before you bask in the ambience of the tavern. The smell of pine logs burning, their crackling like the applause of a thousand miniature patrons, the thunks and clinks of glasses and mugs as they hit table and eachother.

Life is good as a Bard, a poet, any performer really. But you're no ordinary performer you're probably one of the best in the land, you bathe in your own ego and picture the town criers calling everyone to a show where the main star is you.

How would those criers describe you?

>Ruggedly handsome and suave (Male)

>Devilishly Cute and sultry (Female)

After that they'd have to announce your race of course.
>Elf
>Gnome
>Human
>Dragonborn
>Halfling
>Other fantasy race. (No beast races besides the dragonborn. you fucking furries.)
>>
>>1168533
>Ruggedly handsome and suave (Male)
>Satyr
If not, more human-Tiefling
>>
>>1168533
Devilishly cute and sultry female dwarf, of course! It's a creative and unconventional profession, so we might as well get weird with it.
>>
>>1168533
>Other fantasy race.
>Warforged

Though making music, we hope to understand what it means to live in this world. We've gotten rather good at that first bit. Still working on the second one, though.
>>
>>1168577
If this gets chosen understand I'll have to do a little re-imagining. Probably have the WF be a construct made specifically to play music for your creator. I'd also have to give you a bit more emotion and sentience than is usual in a WF.
>>
>>1168588
Depending on your chosen setting (and its time period, if you just use Eberron straight), Warforged may very well have been freed from service and given equal rights to other humanoid races.

Deprived of their original role of soldiering, it wouldn't be unusual for many of them to turn towards religion or art in search of purpose.

But in the main, I just wanted to suggest something different than your standard fantasy Bard.
>>
>>1168533
>Devilishly Cute and sultry (Female)
>Orc
>>
I actually like the idea of Robot man struggling to learn humanity through music.
Would you guys be okay if we went with Warforged?
>>
>>1168628
I'll switch.
He's masculine in design, right?
>>
>>1168628
sure, i just want some hot orc bitches somewhere in the quest
>>
You finish the dregs in your cup, the magic your creator imbuing in you allowing you taste. You give a silent thanks to him for allowing you this life.

You remember your master, a Gnome Inventor. A truly delightful old man who just wanted help around the house, collecting materials, and fighting off the occasional bandit. His unique blend of magic and technology however gave birth to something few Warforged ever knew. Emotion.

Most only able to know anger, disgust, hate, and love only their creators. But you felt love for much more, strange twinges of feeling when holding small animals or the deep sadness of seeing your rusted brethren left in garbage mounds. Your creator knew you were different, so he helped you express yourself.

Swapping your steel mitts for sword wielding with hands with much finer appendages that could be used for strumming or playing a flute. You remember the day he brought you your very own instrument and spoke words you'd never forget.

"Music and poetry provide windows into the souls of all things living. Even crafted of steel and magic, if you can create a ballad or deliver a limmerick. You're just as much a person as I am." He said this with a wide smile as he handed you your first tool of the trade.

It was a....
>Mandolin
>Flute
>Drum
>Quill
>Other
>>
>>1168663
>Drum
>>
>>1168668
Oops. Didn't mean to namefag.
>>
>>1168668
Let's go for it. I like the idea of being a little drummer boy; seems best suited to our anatomy.
>>
>>1168663
>Drum
>You've tried many instruments, but none were quite able to fuel your passions like your masters old drum
>>
You held the drum he gave you, the tanned hide stretched over the metal rim. It seemed primitive, banging on skin with small wooden clubs. But alas, you tried other instruments but none had the raw feeling as the drums did. Years you practicied until you mastered the drums but as your master told you,

"A great artist can paint with a single brush, a masterful artist can paint perfectly with many single brushes."

So you took up a second skill to compliment your drumming.

>Poetry
>History of the land
>Minor magic
>Sleight of hand
>>
>>1168715
>Poetry
*Snapping fingers intensify*
>>
>>1168715
Can we write in on this? If so, singing, if not, poetry
>>
>>1168715
>History of the land
>As told through poetry and song
Historical ballads, accompanied by drums? Hmm.
>>
File: 1475977001424.jpg (45KB, 225x225px)
1475977001424.jpg
45KB, 225x225px
>>1168727
Singing is a given. I definitely did not accidentally forget to include it in the list.
>>
Any switching or lurkers with a fresh vote? Otherwise I roll for it and we get going.
>>
>>1168715
>History of the land

Just arrived, I like where this is going
>>
Any time not spent inventing new rolling beats on your drum you spent looking into history books and learning the lore of this land including the local fauna and flora.
(+3 to all History, Religion, Nature and +2 to any INT rolls)

As a bard (+2 to performance and +2 to all CHA rolls)

Final question before we start, I mean it now.
Being a bard you've learned how to say just the right things, but you've learned it's more how you say them than anything.
Select a speech specialty.
>Deception
>Persuasion
>Intimidation
>Bargaining

This will give a +3 to any of those types of rolls.
>>
>>1168838
>Bargaining
>>
>>1168838
Intimidation, but not intentionally, were just that straight forward and visually intimidating
>>
File: Damage.jpg (46KB, 625x359px)
Damage.jpg
46KB, 625x359px
>>1168853
>>
>>1168838
>Persuasion
Studying so extensively what it means to be a person has given us the knack of putting ourselves into other people's shoes, and saying the things that they want to hear.
>>
>>1168838
>Intimidation
>People tend to do what we say, for some reason.
>>
File: c9cb7aea1dc9035162cb2304da785647.jpg (130KB, 1000x1382px) Image search: [Google]
c9cb7aea1dc9035162cb2304da785647.jpg
130KB, 1000x1382px
You look at your empty cup and go to reach for your pitcher. When you doscover it's gone you immediately seek it out and find it in the mitts of some half-giant. Standing 6,4 yourself you're no small creature, you tap his shoulder and demand the jug back. His face turns a slight pale and he hands over the jug without incident, why does it always happen like that.

As you pour another mug you hear the door to the tavern slam open and the patrons go quiet.

Three men in white robes walk in slowly. Scanning the room. When they spot you the man who seems to be the leader makes a beeline for you.

"Can I help you m'lords?" Asks the bar maid who is promptly ignored as they march up to you.

Being a construct you show no emotion but you feel slight fristration at their rudeness.

"Under the orders of the White Light Society. I, Chaplain Morgath, order whom ever owns this abomination of magic and machine to remove it immediately. We will not allow a conglomerate of singing pots and pans to crowd our bars when men of the Society could be drinking in their stead." He says with a nasty scowl

He swipes the mug from you and guzzles the drink as if he'd never drank before.

"Surely you won't miss it, eh gov? You can't even taste it. You're just a big walking food tin ain't ya? Where's your master little guy?" He says as he flicks your metal faceplate, the sound of his chained glove making a small ring. At the mention of your creator you sadden deeply.

>Respond (what do you say?)
>Flick him back
>Stay silent
>Other
>>
>>1168930
>Other
"Do you find fulfillment in issuing orders to remove, steal from, and flicking at conglomerates of singing pots and pans? Or to ignore those who are talking to you? Where are YOUR parents? Perhaps they must teach you the lessons they have long failed to teach. "
>>
>>1168945
Because there's a grammar error, parallelism, and I'm more or less a grammar Nazi:

>Respond
"Do you find fulfillment in issuing orders to remove, steal from, and flick at conglomerates of singing pots and pans? Or to ignore those who are talking to you? Where are YOUR parents? Perhaps they must teach you the lessons they have long failed to teach. "
>>
>>1168930
>Other
Ignore him and ask the bar maid for another mug
>>
>>1168966
The filth touched us. He is no longer qualified to be ignored.
>>
>>1168966
>>1168930
This
>>
You simply look to the barmaid and say:

"May I have another pitcher of ale and a new mug my dear? This one seems to have some filth on it."

The mans face slowly grows red.

"You think you can fucking talk to me like that huh?" He yells as he grabs you by your shoulders and hauls you off the barstool

You allow yourself to be moved and look at him with the cold disinterested gaze you havze no choice in giving.

He pulls a knife and puts it to your chestplate, you feel light vibrations coming off of it, it is enchanted.

"Got anything to say now Mr.Comedy Golem? I'm giving the owner till the count of three before I start ripping out tubes and seeing what passes for blood in this thing." He shouts to the crowd looking around

>Attempt to disarm him
>Try to talk to him (say what?)
>Other
>>
>>1168996
>Other
just pick him up and toss him out of the bar

maybe say excuse me just taking out the trash
>>
>>1168996
>This one seems to have some filth on it.
Thanks, OP.

Do what we do best: perform. Perhaps a ballad to detail the fool that he is. Or what we will do to him if he fails to kill us in one stroke (intimidation check).
>>
>>1169008
>>1168996
+1
>>
Then my dear poets, construct me a limmerick of what will happen should he try and fell you.

If you cant be arsed then I can do it. Just want you guys involved as possible
>>
>>1169027
O' woe was a chaplain,
Who foolish and foul,
Thought to oust, who forged for war
Then found gone his bowels.
>>
>>1169027
A man of God,
A man of stone,
One was a fool,
The other lost his cool,
And the fool lost his head!
>>
>>1169039
Uh fix:
O' woe was a chaplain,
Who foolish and foul,
Thought to oust who forged for war
Then found gone his own bowels.

I never liked writing poetry, nor was I ever good at it, Hopefully this will suffice.

>>1169046
ooooo
>>
The foolish young chaplain
Of the church was a minion
In robes of snow white stated his mission
To remove the young bard who was hardly a chicken
Well he tried, but found his robes had turned a deep crimson.

That okay?
>>
>>1169059
I like it.
>>
>>1169059
i like, it fits with our "intimidation"
>>
>>1169059
yeah thats great
>>
Give me a d20 with your bonus for intimidation.
>>
Rolled 6 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>1169182
>>
Rolled 14 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>1169182
>>
>>1169225
>>
aww yes warforged bard quest woo hoo
>>
Rolled 11 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

I'll roll again since nobody else seems to be doing it
>>
Rolled 12 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>1169325
Thought he was taking 1st?
>>
>>1169325
>>1169331
if so disregard my previous post, i cant stop sucking dicks
>>
"Patrons of this fine tavern, ignore this man and instead heed my newest limmerick entitled 'Red Chaplain'

The foolish young chaplain
Of the church was a minion
In robes of snow white stated his mission
To remove the young bard who was hardly a chicken
Well he tried, but found his robes had turned a deep crimson." As you finish you take a step towards the Chaplain as his blade begins sending small electric currents over your chest, and while it hurts you're also a construct so magic doesn't hurt especially.

You feel indents in your faceplate, though actually devoid of any eyeball or eyeball replacement, your darkened sockets gaze into his eyes and you see his pupils contract as he bgins to back away still holding the knife out.

"Enjoy your little drink and being gawked at like the freak you are. The White Light Society does not forget transgressions like these." He says sheathing the knife as he heads out the door, snatching the drink of another patron as he goes.

You breathe a sigh of relief, if you could breathe that is, as you sit back down and pay your tab.

You hear the tapping of a cane as a rather debonair looking human approaches. He rests his cane and extends his hand.

"Excellent display my quick witted friend. My name is Baron Tyarn Vival."

>My name is... (name)
>Not buying what you're selling.
>Ignore him
>Other
>>
>>1169664
>My name is... (name)
Desmond Forge
>>
>>1169664
>My name is... (name)
>Stone, just... Stone.
>>
>>1169665

Seconding this
>>
"Desmond Forge." You reply as you shake his hand

He smiles and takes a seat next to you. After ordering a raspberry white wine he turns to you.

"I have a business offer for you. Being recently put to power I have been looking to build my court and any good court. Will need a minstrel, a court poet, a emissary skilled in the ways of people and could entertain foreign powers." He says as he sips the wine

"You'd be on a weekly salary of 5 gold coins and free access to the castle. Room and Board free. You would be free to leazve whenever you would like as well. Does this interest you?"

>Yes
>No
>Yes, but I would need higher pay (how much)
>Other
>>
>>1169783
>Yes, but I would need higher pay (how much)
Access to an advanced workshop and artificer.
>>
>>1169783
>Yes
>>
>>1169783
>Yes

How often would I be expected to be part of court? Would I be able to go adventuring for periods of time? What sort of restrictions would be placed on my work?
>>
"I'd be interested but I'd need access to a workshop and an artificer." You watch as he rubs his chin

"I dont believe we have an atificer, we do have a tinkers hut that has a well stocked undergriund workspace." He says

You set your drink down and ask him a few more questions and gather this from his responses:
•You will be expected in court only on days of feasts, large gatherings, emissaries or other event that is not the day to day court monotony
•You will be given leave though the Baron will decide how long you can be away and when you can leave
•You are completely unrestricted besides the usual rules against singing about how big a fool the Baron is or insulting other members of nobility to their faces.

>I agree
>I refuse
>>
>>1169949
>I agree

And thank you for your consideration and kindness, I look forward to livening up your halls
>>
>>1169949
>I agree
>>
>>1169949
>I agree
>>
>I agree
>>
>>1169949
>I agree
>>
Rolled 337 (1d500)

You shake his hand and he orders two glasses of Sparkling White Wine to celebrate. You enjoy the drink as he sets about inscribing a dull purple stone with a rune.

"Here, this is what my family calls a home stone, 'home is never more than a stone's toss' dad would say." He laughs before handing you the stone

"Simply speak the incantation 'Doo-Raa Mai' and touch it to any surface to create a door that will lead directly into your quarters at the castle. But I wont need you until my official corrination in 3 days so until then, do whatever it is you'd like to prepare. Buy new instruments, learn a few ballads or simply keep sitting here enjoying a few drinks. I will see you in three moons Mr.Forge." he speaks his own incantation and touches the rock to the floor and out of a low shimmering mist appears a trap door that he lifts and descends into, tossing up a small leather pouch with a paper attached that says "signing bonus"

You are now free to wander Darkport for 3 days or go to the Baron's castle and explore what will be your new home it seems.

>What would you like to do now?

LOCATIONS:
Inn (currently at)
Docks
Temple
Lord's Hall
Bard's Guild Hall
Marketplace
Wander the streets
>>
File: junk-silver-coins.jpg (39KB, 315x258px) Image search: [Google]
junk-silver-coins.jpg
39KB, 315x258px
337 Silver is nothing to sneeze at for a starting bonus. It equates to
3 gold 37 Silver
>>
>>1171532
>Bard's Guild Hall
>>
>>1171532
Drums are cool and all, but I think we need someone else to back up our skills. Maybe a female singer who plays the lute. With that, I say we should got to the Bards Guild Hall and start looking for someone to accompany us
>>
>>1171532
>Bard's Guild Hall
>>
You make your way to the local guildhall, stepping in from the chilly street the smell is nearly the same everytime. Alcohol masked by the purple drifting wisps of Lilac Incense.

You figure your drums are incredible but for a Baron and one so kind, he deserves only the best. You decide posting on the psychic board is the sure fire way to get one of your many contacts to join you.

You consider your options and decide on a few you know well.

Alomancer, your close friend for many years in the Bard's College. His skill in illusionary magic is matched in his quick wit and ability to come up with poetic insults. While his magic and mind could provide a much more interesting display his mouth has been known to attract the ire of many he insults.

Cas'ilreth was a rival for many years. Back and forth you wrote poems and even entire epics about how the other Bard was equal in skill only to a Kobold with two missing hands. Regardless it's been many years since your rivalry and her skill with a Violin is unmatched by any Bard you've ever learned about or known.

And finally Sir Ronald. A former knight he thought life had begun to lose its luster already at age 25, he decided to give up his position and take up song and poem. Although he still has a long way to go before he's considered a master of any Bardic measure his sword arm is still very strong and he would make for excellent protection.

>I'll take.... (name)
>This was a bad idea. (Go back)
>>
>>1172160
>I'll take Sir Ronald
>>
>>1172160
>I'll take Cas'ilrith
>>
>>1172387
this
>>
>>1172387

Seconding this
>>
>>1172160
>Cas'ilreth
We want to smash our debut performance out of the park.
Once we get to intriguing we can come back and swap her out for Sir Ronald.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.