[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rtq/- Rogue Trader Quest Chapter 4: Dark Eldar on the Fringe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 558
Thread images: 3

File: compass.gif (61KB, 358x364px) Image search: [Google]
compass.gif
61KB, 358x364px
Discord- https://discord.gg/jPpUJms
Pastebin (READ THIS)- http://pastebin.com/wcrRnqJv
Prevous Thread- >>1140574

You are Lord-Captain Alexander Pallas, Raider-Prince of the Veiled Region (as your official letterhead now reads: you're tired of not having any titles), and you've had a bad month (or months, possibly: you know that you went retrocausal during a Warp-Jump at some point in the recent past). Dark Eldar are raiding trade routes near your system with their incredibly sophisticated ships and weapons, and you have a bad feeling that it's only a matter of time before they decide to hit your formal holdings in Othhaw for slaves and trinkets (doubtless to sacrifice to whatever wretched daemon protects their souls from the Prince of Pleasures). The fact that the system adjacent to their base of operations is filled with profitable Archeotech seems to be the Dark Gods's little additional slap in the face with their black appendages on top of all of this. One of your ships is in bad shape, and the Absolution herself has taken some battering. At least the Emperor has blessed you with a small, stable warp passage between this star and the Othhaw system, along which you now roll towards through the Immaterium.

Your ship slides back through the Warp to the outskirts of the Othhaw system, and you raise hailing beacons to the rest of your fleet and to the planet, eager to re-establish communication with your fleet proper.

>Inquire about Othhaw's health.

>Inquire about the rest of your fleet.

>Inquire about general affairs in the Imperium.

>Inquire about your greater House's financial standing.

>Write-In
>>
>>1168277

First things first so that we can figure out what we might be able to do something if the DEldar show up
>>
>>1168277
>>Inquire about the rest of your fleet.
>>Write-In
>>Inquire about standard time since we first left the system.
>>
>>1168277

How soon till we can do some purging?
>>
>>1168277
>Inquire about
>>Fleet
>>Othaw
>>House
>>Imperium
In that order
>>
>>1168359
this
>>
>>1168286
>>1168303
>>1168307
>>1168359
>>1168438

>Fleet

Your fleet has been spending the past month in patrol around the system, save for the Fortress Perambulator, which has been spending its free time modernizing Othhaw's space station. Your battlegroup is all ready to dock with the Fortress and undergo repairs, which will take around a month.

>Othhaw

According to your spy network, things are progressing normally in Othhaw, with one important note: Karlyle, the planetary governor, is having gold-plated statues of himself put up in the center of every town. Only time will tell if this is Karlyle exerting his rightful place as governor, or the first signs of megalomania.

>House

Grim tidings come from the House in general: the Adeptus Arbites and Administratum are conducting a great reform of Imperial law across the Segmentum Pacificus, dissolving several valuable legal loopholes and curtailing a number of your businesses. Pressure is mounting on you to exploit the resources of the Veiled Region ASAP.

>Profit Factor: -4

>Imperium

The Imperial Navy is looking toward the Galactic West as the boundary is pushing back, looking for an ideal base of operations for a Frontier Outpost. If you took some time out to deal with the Navy, you might be able to sell them on Othhaw being such a base...

>Talk to Governor Karlyle (about what?)

>Talk to one of your officers/a clan-lord (Who? About what?)

>Contact an Imperial Organization (Which one? About what?) (Examples: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Navy, Merchant's Guilds, Inquisition, the Ecchlesiarchy)

>Explore a planet in the Othhaw system (which one?)

>Write-In
>>
>>1168633
>>Contact an Imperial Organization (Which one? About what?) (Examples: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Navy, Merchant's Guilds, Inquisition, the Ecchlesiarchy)

Imperial Navy

>Write-in
Is the space port able to replace the press-ganged quarters with proper voidsman quarters?
>>
>>1168633
>>Talk to Governor Karlyle (about what?)

We need to talk to him about the danger of the DEldar raiders near us, and come together on some plans to beef up planetary defenses for when we make our campaign to take the remnants of the collective holdings.

Suppose we can work on that while our ships repair and pick up additional crewmen.

>>1168646
We've discussed it before about bringing in formal Imperial forces before we've conquered everything. We'll risk losing potential holdings. Navy don't like us none too much so it'd be a good bet we'd lose out.

On that half built raider we found, how much work would it take to get it finished and running?
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>1168646
Let's see...
>>
>>1168681
Unfortunately, you don't have any ship-wrights out in this system at the moment. If you find some ship parts, the current staff can install them, but remodeling is beyond them at the moment.

>>1168662
A fair amount of work. It was basically a skeleton except for the plasma drive. Much of the settlement seems to have been left abandoned in the midst of daily activity...
>>
>>1168662

We will lose some holdings in any case. Besides it is better we offer them what we have now to setup in Otthaw. The Collective capital will be a much more attractive proposition to them since they have full sized docks there and I want those for ourselves.

We help bring them into the system, generate goodwill with them and set them up in our sector on our terms.

By doing this we also insulate Otthaw from possible attack by Dark Eldar Raiders due to their presence.
>>
>>1168633
>Contact an Imperial Organization (Which one? About what?) (Examples: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Navy, Merchant's Guilds, Inquisition, the Ecchlesiarchy)

Bring in the Imperial Navy, it'll give us a more secure base to operate out of even if we do end up losing out on some holdings
>>
>>1168662
Seconding this.

We don't want to bring in the Navy just yet, they're too strong and will streamroll the Collective - taking all of the profit for themselves.

Let's focus on expanding our fleet. Can we contract any other ships from Imperial space?
>>
>>1168633
Imperial navy
>>
>>1168697
>We will lose some holdings in any case.

Nonsense, get that defeatist mindset out of your head.

All we have to do is cut off the head of the snake. Their home system is the only holding they have with the power to threaten our ambitions. Conquer that, capture their leadership, and capture their only shipyard and there is nothing the other systems could do to resist us. If they were to resist it would be a small effort to eradicate them. Like dominos my man, knock down the first and they'll all fall.

Then, we start bringing in what imperial institutions we can to help bolster our hold.
>>
>>1168877
just take out the shiyeard frist then the rest
>>
>>1168692
>A fair amount of work. It was basically a skeleton except for the plasma drive.

Assuming all the proper personnel, equipment, and materials how long would it take?

Sounds spooky, I hope our first colonists fare well there.
>>
>>1168885

Well, I assume it's pretty close to their homeworld. Reasons that we'd seize it as part of a general invasion, and we're going to need to have the full strength of our fleet to ensure a speedy establishment of local superiority.
>>
>>1168877

Imperial institutions take time to settle down in a sector. Even if the Imperial Navy says that they want to enter, time will be required to prepare base facilities and a sector command port.

We commit the navy to enter and setup in Otthaw, they will spend decades preparing the system, in which time, their ships will contantly defend Otthaw and not just roam about to protect their future base.

Imperial Institutions move slowly, this is planning for the future.

in which case even before they finish setting up, we would have already moved on the Collective Homeworld for ourselves and they will not be in a position to demand the shipyards of the capital world since they have committed to Otthaw.
>>
>>1168897

The navy itself being here will bring into question our claim to systems before we control them. If we already have them under our heel proper there is no question to whether or not we took them.

With the navy being present the adminstratum could challenge our claim if there were proper Imperial forces here. The administratum has it out for us by default, and the navy doesn't like us.

We're best off keeping them out until we actually control a fair bit of space. We shouldn't let them have anything of ours, merely host them.
>>
>>1168891
Years. Building a voidship is a grand undertaking. Hence why most are salvaged or traded for.

>>1168646
>>1168662
>>1168731
>>1168851
You send an Astropathic communication out to the local Naval outpost, presenting your argument for the use of Othhaw (associated skills: Common Lore (Tactica Imperialis), Trade (Voidfarer).

Roll 1d100: target number 23
>>
>>1169054
This is me, FYI (fuck, I need to remember my name)
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>1169054
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>1169054

Damn foolish
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>1169054
ded
>>
>>1169054
Rollin
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>1169054
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>1169054
So an untrained stat?
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

Rollan
>>
>>1169068
We can hope Sev rolls a 2.
>>
>>1169094
Something we're not terribly good at coupled with dealing with an institution that doesn't like us.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1169067
>>1169068
>>1169069
>>1169078
>>1169094
Re-roll?
>>
>>1169150
aye
>>
>>1169150
Yes
>>
>>1169150
no
>>
>>1169150
yup
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>1169159
>>1169172
>>1169205
Right-O.
>>
>>1169247
oh /tg/ dice
>>
>>1169247
"The God-Emperor's Imperial Navy has reviewed your proposal and has rejected it. Analysis of your system's assets has deemed us labeling your sector 'lowest priority' in terms of protection for the foreseeable future. Surely the 'Charioteers of Sacred Death' will be more than capable of defending their own until the Imperial Navy has built up such assets as to extend its safety net to your claim. May Him on Earth protect you."

You place the transcription of the Astropathic message down and sigh into your beringed hands. Worse news after bad. Your blood-shot eyes wander from your empty glass of fine Scintillian brandy to your liquor cabinet, where what purports to be STRONGLY diluted mjod rests in a special refrigerated storage unit. A knock issues from outside your study door.

"Captain, may I speak with you privately?"

>Is it bad news? If so, tell me tomorrow: as I am now, any more bad news and I might be tempted to grant myself the Emperor's Mercy.

>(reach for your liquor cabinet) Leave me be, First Officer. I wish to marinate in my misery.

>Come in, Casmirre! Let me guess, Abbadon's fleet bears down on this sector, with all the daemons of Hell following in his wake!

>Write-In
>>
>>1169282
>>Write-In
"Of course, Casmirre. My doors are always open to my second."
>>
>>1169282
I'm off for tonight. Early day tomorrow.
>>
>>1169282
>>Come in, Casmirre! Let me guess, Abbadon's fleet bears down on this sector, with all the daemons of Hell following in his wake!
>>
>>1169282
>>Come in, Casmirre! Let me guess, Abbadon's fleet bears down on this sector, with all the daemons of Hell following in his wake!
>>
>>1169282
>>
>>1169282
>Let me guess? Abaddon finally found his arms?
>>
>>1169282
>Come in, Casmirre! Let me guess, Abbadon's fleet bears down on this sector, with all the daemons of Hell following in his wake!
>>
Can I get a quick rundown on how there are fucking Orks under the MC's command? I thought they were sworn enemies.
>>
>>1170251
Short explanation? Rogue trader, if we are careful we can get away with (nonchaotic) heresy here and there. And not all orks are the same, some want diferent things and these ones want the same things we can provide for now
>>
>>1170251
>Anon didn't know Orks were actually fun at one point.
>>
>>1170251
QM gave them to us when we bought out a bunch of mercs at the start.

Orks are fun and all but I'd rather not see them become a major part of the quest. Nids are our hated enemy.
>>
>>1170404
Bad Moons are easier to negotiate with at least. The brotherhood is bad news and something we should commit to a meat grinder asap. I suspect they might be the ones from which has been spreading the taint of chaos worship.
>>
>>1170251
The concept of "sworn enemies" doesn't really EXIST for Orks. Orks divide the world into six categories:
-Things they are currently fighting
-Things they aren't currently fighting
-Things they use to fight
-Other Orks
-Squigs
-Rocks

Right now, Da Ledd Storm are pals with you because they want to fight stuff and get loot, and aren't currently part of a WAAAGH! (as they got kicked out of their old one for not being 'Orky' enough), and their leader has the modicum of intelligence needed to realize that fighting alongside 'umies pushing into unknown territory is one of the better ways to get stuck in.
>>1169309
>>1169338
>>1169538
>>1169841
Casmirre pushes open the door, a look of slight confusion marring his normally granite face.

"... No, sir. God-Emperor permitting, the Chosen of Chaos remains bound to that hell-pit called the Eye of Terror. I needed to speak to you in regards to more... immediate dangers."

You walk over to the cabinet and start pouring yourself a glass of fortified wine.

"Like what, exactly?"

"... Sigurn has spent the last few days in a trance, captain, trying to predict the movements of the Dark Eldar. Yesterday he came out of it without results, but with a prophecy. He says, and I quote: 'Night-tide sweeps forth from the West, hunger without end. Bull and vulture clash with maggot over the charioteer's necklace. The rotting king stirs, hungry for flesh to mold. Though shaped like Beast, their heart is of Man, and though they be like Men, their hearts are of Beasts. There you will find salvation.'"

>... By the Throne, what does it MEAN?

>Ill tidings, to be sure... I think

>Don't waste my time with the natterings of some Warp-addled seer! Is there anything of pressing import that I should know about?

>Write-In
>>
>>1171444
>>Ill tidings, to be sure... I think

>>Write-In
"It sounds somewhat like the foul tyranids but not that of them being like men... Your thoughts?"
>>
>>1171444
>Checked

>>Write-In
Well that could have sounded worse... ok we'll put some research into this and see if anything become quickly evident. Search local legends of any mentions of something like this, cross reference star maps for names of constellations and systems, both local and imperial. Night Tide from the West sounds like the Dark Eldar however..or something worse.

For now best to keep this between us.
>>
>>1171444
>Write-In
"So, a threat comes from the west. The name; hunger without end. It could mean...Aliens?..Chaos?

The next part makes no sense but that phrase; the rotting king. A chaos god reigns over such things...his followers perhaps?

Though shaped like beast, their is of man, and though they be like men, their hearts are of beasts. So, something humanoid will act inhumanely, genestealers perhaps, but something inhumane - the subjugated aliens perhaps?- will act in a human manner...

I think I know what it means..."

Gentlemen, we must go to the subjugated home-world of that one alien race. Such is my interpretation, lest chaos and xeno bring us to ruin.
>>
>>1171478
>So, something humanoid will act inhumanely, genestealers perhaps, but something inhumane - the subjugated aliens perhaps?- will act in a human manner...

Ah thats probably it. Finally clicked.

Genestealer cults. Fuck, possibility of genestealer implanting a a brood in the sub-sector.

With the bugs being our hated foes, we should know how an infestation works. We'll need to start expediting mandatory medical screening.
>>
>>1171537
>>1171478
>>1171444
Are we completely sure the Collective's subjugated alien race aren't some long isolated strain of genestealers?
>>
>>1171629

Probably not. Considering that first contact occured due to them arriving in the collective capital with a warp drive ship. Tyranids do not use warp drive ships.
>>
>>1171444
>>... By the Throne, what does it MEAN?

>>1171656

What's to say genestealers wouldn't use drive ships? And what is to say what we and the outlying systems have been told is the actual truth of the matter when it comes to the xeno-collective relationship?

How long ago were the "androxians" incorporated into the collective?
>>
To answer your questions:

>>1171629
Descriptions of the Androxians hold that they are "Like a man, but with a thicker skin with a ruddy hue, like rich clay. Four arms each do they have, with fingers that end in nails like knives. Their biting fangs are pronounced both on top and on bottom, and their teeth are made for ripping flesh. They grow no hair, save perhaps in obscene areas."

>>1171707
According to records, around 70 years ago.
>>
>>1171747
>According to records, around 70 years ago.

>race of genestealers infested creatures Gen 1-2.

On hind sight, perhaps it was poor form of us not to get information about this alien species.

We should begin medical screening of the entire population of Otthaw for genestealer infestation markers.
>>
>>1171747
>Tfw the Androxians demomscated Genesteelers.
>>
>>1171747
>According to records, around 70 years ago.

Hm.

Do we actually know that they were conquered? Or is that the narrative?
>>
>>1171816
So the Collective's history goes.

>>1171477
>>1171478
Voting formally between these two (to keep things moving)
>>
>>1171478
I'll just vote for this then.
>>
>>1170251
Orks can be extremely effective assuming we are willing to fight dirty enough and have a proper loyal nob at our disposal. I once played with a guy who showed us the true terror that is the greenskin menace...great thing he was on our side.

Sadly I can't suggest many of his tricks because its quite dependent on having a smart loyal ork who branched into several different sub classes. Even then there is a chance it can backfire should some of the other orks revolt against their boss.

It doesn't help that no matter how well built the ork character is in question. There is no escaping their huge weakness that is politicking. Which is a tough thing to avoid in rogue trader.

>>1171444
well the first part is either dark eldar, chaos, or Nids. Don't know what bull and vulture as well as maggot means. Probably has to deal with old dynasty enemies. At least the charioteer is obviously us. The rotting king my money is on Necrons or possibly chaos. The last part I think has to deal with mutants or humans who dabbled a bit too heavily in biotech.

At least that is my guess.
>>
>>1171478
>>1171921
"Understood, captain. Alerting the Navigators now."

Roll 1d100 for divining the path.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>1172104
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>1172104

We ARE bringing our fleet this time are we? Are the ships even in a condition for war? All repairs complete?
>>
>>1172114
All ships of the fleet, save the Absolution, are coming with you. You are leaving two weeks after making anchor at Othhaw, so your Crew and Morale have recovered.
>>
>>1172122
>save the Absolution

FORTRESS PERAMBULAM you mean, I believe.

How many months more before the 6 months agreed with the crew is up?
>>
>>1172122
>so your Crew and Morale have recovered.

And what of hull repairs?
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>1172104
>>
>>1172131
Shit, yeah. Sorry, long-ass day.
>>1172136
20 Hull Points have been restored per damaged ship.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>1172104
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>1172104
again
>>
>>1172092

What it means we need more guns mybe tell the orks that a bug fight is coming
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1172110
>>1172114
>>1172141
>>1172196
>>1172200
Re-roll?
>>
>>1172227

No, we can always wait a few days for better potents.
>>
>>1172227
Out of fucking everything, its the 88
>>
>>1172227
target roll? consequences?
>>
>>1172239
>Target roll?

>Consequences

Inaccurate readings of the Warp-Passage leading to increased risk of going off-course.

>Re-roll?

>Wait 3 days for another reading? (If yes, please roll 1d100 in your response to save time if that's the conclusion)
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>1172254
>Wait 3 days for another reading? (If yes, please roll 1d100 in your response to save time if that's the conclusion)
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>1172254
>>Wait 3 days for another reading? (If yes, please roll 1d100 in your response to save time if that's the conclusion)
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>1172254
>>Wait 3 days for another reading? (If yes, please roll 1d100 in your response to save time if that's the conclusion)
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>1172254
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>1172254

>Wait 3 days for another reading? (
>>
>>1172286
>>1172279
>>1172261
>>1172293

Guys.... please stop... guys...
>>
>>1172298
dice giveth, dice taketh away.
>>
>>1172298

Cant stop, wont stop, unstoppable
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1172261
>>1172279
>>1172285
>>1172286
>>1172293

>Re-roll?

>Wait 5 days?

>Do something else in-system? (talk to Karlyle, explore a planet, etc.)
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>1172326
>>Wait 5 days?

Sigh. Well its only a week.
>>
>>1172326
>>Wait 5 days?
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>1172326
>Wait 5 days?

Lets try agaiiinnnn
>>
>>1172326
>Wait 5 days? But explore the system.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>1172326

Are you ready?
>>
>>1172342
>>1172348
Please roll.
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>1172326
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>1172326
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1172336
>>1172343
>>1172356
>>1172372
>>1172383
>>
>>1172399
awww yiss
>>
>>1172399
Finally
>>
>>1172399
>t
"I see... ten days, but... the light of the Astronomicon is weak and distant... something... obscures it. And... damnation, the Ruinous Powers churn the seas of the Warp! The ship must undergo additional sanctification if we are to shore up the wards! Let not one speck of dust or impurity besmirch holy icons! This is what the bones have shown me!"

This route between Othhaw and Androx is Lightless: the Astronomicon will not be visible, making navigation perilous.

>Very well, you heard the Navigator! Have the tech-priests bless everything, then send in Father Walpurgis to bless them again! I'll not have daemonic mischief aboard this ship! (takes 1d5 days)

>There is no time! The prophecy's date of fulfillment draws closer by the day! Prepare for translation immediately! (translates into a Warp Storm)

>Find a different route, Navigator. I won't have us flying through Daemonic shadow. (restart scrying)

>Write-In
>>
>>1172426
>Very well, you heard the Navigator! Have the tech-priests bless everything, then send in Father Walpurgis to bless them again! I'll not have daemonic mischief aboard this ship! (takes 1d5 days)
>>
>>1172426
>>Write-In

Go to the home system
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1172426
>>Very well, you heard the Navigator! Have the tech-priests bless everything, then send in Father Walpurgis to bless them again! I'll not have daemonic mischief aboard this ship! (takes 1d5 days)
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1172426
>>
>>1172426
In the meantime, transmit information about genestealer genetic screening down to otthaw and have hospitals begin screening for genetic markers which show someone has been implanted.
>>
>>1172426
>>Very well, you heard the Navigator! Have the tech-priests bless everything, then send in Father Walpurgis to bless them again! I'll not have daemonic mischief aboard this ship! (takes 1d5 days)
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1172426
Forgot to roll
>>
>>1172444
"... I will have the doctors declare a free, mandatory health inspection for all citizens, with armed guards. I just... really hope these things aren't here."

>>1172430
>>1172436
>>1172440
>>1172454
Your men spend the next day cleaning the shrines and blessing the machinery before the transition.

"All things are in readiness, Lord-Captain."

"Good. Begin translation!"

Your vessel ripples into the Warp, and, from his station, your Navigator scries for the Astronomicon...

Roll Psyscience-20: target number 55. Using
>>1172436
>>1172440
>>1172457
As rolls for this.
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>1172472
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>1172472
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1172436
>>1172440
>>1172457
>>1172497
>>1172563
Re-roll?
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>1172563
"It's faint... but I sense the Astronomicon! Setting course!"

Rolling for warp charting. Target number: 85
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>1172579
1 degree of success: 75% of projected time.

Rolling for Warp encounters...
>>
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d5 + 1)

>>1172585
The first five days are spend in relative peace, the occasional flickering of the lights from the void-shield. Then, klaxons start ringing throughout the ship, and a call from the upper decks comes through.

"Captain! Some kind of fireball just erupted in the Teleportarium! Everything's on fire!" (rolls are for Crew and Morale damage)

>Bucket brigades, form up! Get that Infernus Master to do... whatever they do! (chance to end the fire: if failed, component becomes damaged, 1d5 Crew and 1d10 Morale, and fire spreads to new area)

>Seal it and vent it. Sound the alarms. (Causes 1d10 Crew and 2d10 Morale damage (numbers are before modifications) and ends the fire.)
>>
>>1172601
Dammit, why didn't it roll 1d10?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>1172604
FUCK. I think I need to sleep.
>>
>>1172601
>Bucket brigades, form up! Get that Infernus Master to do... whatever they do! (chance to end the fire: if failed, component becomes damaged, 1d5 Crew and 1d10 Morale, and fire spreads to new area)
>>
>>1172601
>>
>>1172601
>>Bucket brigades, form up! Get that Infernus Master to do... whatever they do! (chance to end the fire: if failed, component becomes damaged, 1d5 Crew and 1d10 Morale, and fire spreads to new area)
>>
>>1172601
>>Bucket brigades, form up! Get that Infernus Master to do... whatever they do! (chance to end the fire: if failed, component becomes damaged, 1d5 Crew and 1d10 Morale, and fire spreads to new area)
>>
>>1172601

>>
>>1172601
>>
>>1172617
>>1172631
>>1172634
>>1173072
>>1173292
>>1173339
"Understood, sir! Fire control underway!"

Roll for the Infernus Master's attempts to get the fire under control. Target number: 55
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>1174008
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>1174008
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>1174008
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>1174008
>>
>>1174008
(Little corrective note: target number is 75. Forgot to add the natural bonus of the Infernus Master.)
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>1174008
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1174011
>>1174018
>>1174038
>>1174048
>>1174186
Re-roll?
>>
>>1174276
yeee
>>
>>1174276
Yes
>>
>>1174276
aham
>>
>>1174279
>>1174282
>>1174304
Right-o.
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>1174369
Fug, forgot the roll.
>>
>>1174422
"Fire contained and extinguished, Lord-Captain! Threat over!"

Your ship approaches its secondary translation point two days later, and the Navigator begins calculating an exit point within standard projections, as the haste of your passage has thrown the calculations off slightly.

Roll Navigation (Warp) for the Navigator: target number 65.
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>1174448
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>1174448
CRASHING THIS PLANE
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>1174448
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>1174448
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>1174448
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1174472
>>1174483
>>1174491
>>1174530
>>1174667
Re-roll?
>>
>>1174667
>>1174688
Oh jeez it's me again

If we can we should re-roll
>>
>>1174688
Ya. How many points do we have?
>>
>>1174724
3 naturally +1 from your Orkish cloak +1 from your Lance +1 from your new Augur Array = 6 Fate Points total, with two spent this session so far.
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>1174720
>>1174724
Re-rolling.
>>
>>1174825
"Exiting on target, Captain. The rest of the fleet should be here in a few days, but we're already detecting the Resolute and Thief of Heaven in our region. Activating scanning systems..."

Roll for scans: Target number 90.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>1174846
if we fuck this one up, I'm going to bed.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>1174846
>>
Rolled 59, 16, 44 = 119 (3d100)

>>1174846
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1174862
>>1174864
>>1174881
>>
This system really shows why "fuck warp travel"
>>
>>1174881
(Sorry for ducking out, but I have to GM my IRL Shadowrun group. Tapping out for now.)
>>
>>1174930
No worries. Explains why your quest is a cut above average if you IRL GM.
>>
>>1174881
"Picking up six planets, Captain. First one's a gas giant... one moon, picking up signs of an orbital construct around the giant itself and a colony on the lunar surface. Got some gravity tides around her. Further in, we've got another inhabited world with a moon, also inhabited. These xenos seem to spread everywhere, don't they? This one's solid, picking up signs of a small biosphere. Fourth planet must be their homeworld, picking up a notable biosphere... and a bunch of wrecked craft in deep orbit. Picking up some weird grav-tides in that orbital. Further in... another inhabited world, great. And the next one, too, although that one's orbital. Then we have some grav-rips until we hit the innermost sphere... collective base, and not an advanced one."

>Take us to the homeworld!

>Take us to (Androx-1, Androx-2, Androx-3.... planets are numbered from innermost out)

>Establish a line with the Androxians. I wish to speak to the xenos myself.

>Call that Collective base and inform them that we accept their surrender!

>Take us to those shipwrecks

>Write-In
>>
>>1177772
>>Take us to those shipwrecks
loot glorious loot , we can also observe the kinds of weapons they use and their tech basis
>>
>>1177772

>head towards the shipyard
>>
>>1178136

this

After the profecy I think they will have apart to play either against chaos or nids....not sure
>>
>>1177772
>>Call that Collective base and inform them that we accept their surrender!

>piddling around while the enemy fleet is free to move about

Do you even Mahanian doctrine
>>
>>1177772

>Call that Collective base and inform them that we have arrived to save them from the Xenos foe, and salute them for their bravery in accepting posting in this system far away from not just the light of the Emperor but what few brave remnants of Humanity that were in the Collective, that they might do their duty to their fellow man!
>>
>>1177877
>>1178136
"Understood, sir."

It only takes a few days to reach the wrecked ships.

"Activating scanners..."

Roll 1d100 for scanning. Target number: 80.
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>1179477
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>1179477
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>1179477
>>
Rolled 56, 34 = 90 (2d100)

>>1179477
Let's speed it up!
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1179503
>>1179504
>>1179506
>>1179562
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>1179477
>>
>>1179506
"Scans finishing..."

You see the head of Etherics go pale.

"Sir? These are Eldar vessels. Same kind as the ones that fired on us. Most of them look like they've taken heavy fire, but we could possibly repair one of the escorts... if you want to risk dabbling in the forbidden sciences of those... creatures. Three other escorts and a cruiser look like they could be boarded, but the structural damage is too severe to expect full repairs. One of them is just rubble."

>Send a team onto one of the ships and have them take a look around.

>Leave these wrecks: take us to the Androxian homeworld.

>Write-In
>>
>>1179650
>>Send a team onto one of the ships and have them take a look around.
>>
>>1179650

>Send a team onto one of the ships and have them take a look around.
>>
>>1179650
>Leave these wrecks: take us to the Androxian homeworld.

Not going through another away team mission to one of those messes, especially since it's one of the DEldar, mark them for an Inquisitor or Magos to go through
>>
Rolled 6, 7, 9, 6, 2, 2 = 32 (6d10)

>>1179657
>>1179679
"Understood. Informing Harald now, sir."

"This is Harald Lion-Beard, your Lordship. My security team and I have just completed a Lightning Strike onto the cruiser... Gah, these designs! All black and covered in thorns! We are on some kind of bridge... Skyfather preserve us, they all look like dried meats! They must have ambushed a fleet too powerful for them and been crushed. Bringing you some treasure from this place, Lord."
>>
>>1179763
"Found some of that Dark Eldar armor, Captain! Its pretty banged up, but it should look nice on the mantle!" (All Armor 4, -10 to Agility, test Toughness or Willpower when donning or else take Fatigue damage).

"Interesting. Hopefully, this isn't the only thing of value on these ships..."

>Take us to the homeworld!

>Take us to (Androx-1, Androx-2, Androx-3.... planets are numbered from innermost out)

>Call that Collective base and inform them that we accept their surrender!

>Write-In
>>
>>1179805
>>
>>1179763
I hope we get one of those weapons that tore us a new one last battle
>>
>>1179805
Accept the surrender, this way we will be the only human power on the region for the xenos to negotiate
>>
>>1179805
>>
>>1179813
>>1180281
"Understood, sir. Opening communications line... now."

The voice that snarls over the line is clearly unused to speaking even the bastardized version of Old Gothic that the Collective speaks: accents and emphases are all in the wrong places. "What you want NOW, two-arms?! We meet all quotas, you send no help about fang-two-arms, and now you come again!"

>Greetings! I am Alexander Pallas, and I am here representing a major trade organization that has lawfully purchased this star system! Patch me through to your... king, or whatever you have, and let us discuss tithes.

>I am Admiral Pallas. Your system has now been liberated from the scourge of the Collective! Let us discuss my payment for this.

>In the name of the God-Emperor of Mankind, your worlds are now the property of the Imperium. Take your foul breed out of this system or perish, xenos.

>Write-In
>>
>>1180352

>Greetings! I am Alexander Pallas, and I am here representing a major trade organization that has lawfully purchased this star system! Patch me through to your... king, or whatever you have, and let us discuss tithes.
>>
>>1180352
>>In the name of the God-Emperor of Mankind, your worlds are now the property of the Imperium. Take your foul breed out of this system or perish, xenos.
>>
>>1180352

I mean they did manage to fight off the DEldar, might be useful to keep on a short leash and off human worlds
>>
>>1180352
>>Greetings! I am Alexander Pallas, and I am here representing a major trade organization that has lawfully purchased this star system! Patch me through to your... king, or whatever you have, and let us discuss tithes.

>Write-In
Begin scans of the planet for concentrations of life, defence installations and weapons.

Why are we even contacting them in the first place. We should be bombing them shit out of them or initiating an orbital assault.
>>
>whipped the deldar
>got conquered by the collective

Doesn't add up, better not go in half cocked.
>>
>>1180866
>Why are we even contacting them in the first place. We should be bombing them shit out of them or initiating an orbital assault.

Then why are you voting the nice guy option?
>>
>>1180875
Because I do not want to tip them off before we open fire.

And I want to kill them off and exterminate them. Not offer them a way off the planet.
>>
>>1180883

I want to exterminate them too, but we're going to waste a lot of time doing it right now.
>>
>>1180866
>>1180875
Because we need to know all the information we can about them AND profit from them? once more let me put out, We are to make money not be stupid Zealots.
>>
>>1180734
>>1180579
>>1180866
"You own a piece of paper that say you own this star. You own shit, two-arms. Thorn-things try to make us give up our home, they fail, now they leave us alone. Collective two-arms try to make us give up our home, they fail, now we trade. Now, you try to make us give up our home, you will fail, maybe we give you better deal. We outlast all things since sky-fathers put us here seven unto seven moons ago. Do not bare your fangs at us foolishly."

"Scanning the surface, captain..."

Roll 1d100: target number 75.
>>
>>1180901
nah

We purge the insectoid xenos with their clicking and clacking.

Make more money by getting rid of them and putting humans on their lands.
>>
>>1180901

We are also have hatred for the great devourer. This is totally IC and we do work with orks so we're not completely xenophobic.

Anyone that has fought the tyranid menace knows you take no chances.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>1180916
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>1180916
>We outlast all things since sky-fathers put us here seven unto seven moons ago.

See there's more of them out there, we'll not be coexisting with this.

Telling ya, lets boogie and take care of the collective before we get into this mess.
>>
>>1180918
Thats not how this works in any fucking fashion mate.

>>1180919
And we don't know if they are NIDS yet.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>1180916
>>1180938
We are already here though.

We might as well glass this world.
>>
>>1180947
>Thats not how this works in any fucking fashion mate.

>wiping out natives and putting your own kind on their lands just doesn't work

ok anon

>>1180962

It's a whole system, not just one world.
>>
>>1180979
>Spending a shit ton of money you do not have to live in unknown conditions, having to import them food and other machinary with 'magic' money is cheaper and easier then a race already existing there we could just police and hit a few times.

Alright Anon.
>>
Rolled 26, 94 = 120 (2d100)

>>1180979
Macrocannon batteries can burn these worlds. Will take time though but I expect thats how we're gonna have to do it.

>>1180916
Rolling
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>1180916
>>
>>1180993
>not glassing the xeno
I think you might be a heretic
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1180930
>>1180938
>>1180962
>>1181024 (using the second result for this)
>>1181042
Re-roll?
>>
>>1180993
>>Spending a shit ton of money you do not have to live in unknown conditions

Colonists are not always volunteers anon, and besides it's not like that is unheard of with humanity all across the stars.

>having to import them food and other machinary with 'magic' money is cheaper and easier then a race already existing there we could just police and hit a few times.

Expensive in the short term, profitable in the long term. Colonies take a bit of time to become self sufficient but they do get there.

Shouldn't think the various factions of the Imperium would look kindly upon us ruling over xenos either.

>>1181024

Wasn't saying we can't glass them, just that it'll be time consuming. I fear they're going to lay into our fleet pretty good as well, considering those rekt deldar ships.
>>
>>1181074
nah we good.
>>
>>1181074
Nah.

>>1181064
>being a Zealot in a quest we didn't pick to be one. We picked jew.

>>1181079
>Raiding imperial worlds

Good on you.

>long term profitablity

Not really, the race's already there know the world and are perfectly suited to it. it'd take generations to get humans like that and ONTOP of it, Why do you suddenly think its hard to hide a xeno race in a new section of space? The Big I does shit tons of deals with Aliens, Death watch has as well, And so has the imperial guard/space marine chapters.
>>
>>1181104
>Not glassing the goyim refusing to give you shekels
What a terrible Jew you are
>>
>>1181079

I don't believe they actually hurt DE ships.

Dark Eldar would have actively gone down to the surface to try and capture slaves for sacrificing or for their Haemonculi. Those arms and knife claws would have probably been put to good use against them and would have probably been impervious to morale shock which meant they would probably been unable to force a surrender
>>
>>1181104
Gang pressing people is canon anon. As long as the planetary governor or Nobles say it's cool then we can steal a bunch of low-level citizens
>>
>>1181153
That's not really raiding then, Thats buying people form a hive world. yet again, We don't have that much money as of yet. Or well, Enough to justify it. We gotta know more about the world first.
>>
>>1181104
>>Raiding imperial worlds

Wasn't talking about raiding Imperial worlds, was talking about penal colonies, dissidents being pushed out etc.

not being a zealot =/= being chummy with xenos just because

We hate nids? These things are bugs, just the same they need to die.
>>
>>1181153
Especially if it's a hive world. They would love to get slumers out of there planet
>>
>>1181169
>We don't have that much money as of yet.

As I understood it we're pretty filthy rich, just that the scale is pretty huge so it doesn't appear so. I'm pretty confident that colonizing a few worlds is within our budget.
>>
>>1181169
I think your over estimating the worth of life here. A slumer is worth less then a pair of boots
>>
>>1181196
Yeah and depending on how good this planet is, it could be worth it to purge some belligerent xeno
>>
>>1181217

Well, they were strong enough to beat the collective back, and apparently have something worth trading.

Theres something valuable here.
>>
>>1181042
"Picking up... huh. Looks like there are a large number of forested and mountainous areas of the planet. That's not where these xenos live, however: they seem to have dug into large... tunnel systems of some kind? All under the planet, but mostly beneath some kind of waste zones on the surface. I'm seeing some defensive cannons, and what look like spaceports, but nothing that would indicate that this race has Warp travel capabilities. There's something... hauntingly familiar about these structures, something I've seen in my old days of service in the Navy, but I can't quite put a name to it... I don't believe it is daemonic in origin, though."

"I detect focused pulse from your ship. You scan us, yes? Go ahead. We fear you not. We will be here when your child's child's child dies. We are forever."

>I believe we've gotten off on the wrong foot. Are you familiar with the term 'trade negotiations'?

>Listen: I want to trade. OTHERS will want to kill you. I can keep you safe, but you'll have to play ball with me first.

>We shall see. Helmsman, bring us to port and fire all weapons. Perhaps the destruction of one of their warrens will make clear their position.

>Write-In
>>
>>1181243

>Listen: I want to trade. OTHERS will want to kill you. I can keep you safe, but you'll have to play ball with me first.
>>
>>1181243
>>We shall see. Helmsman, bring us to port and fire all weapons. Perhaps the destruction of one of their warrens will make clear their position.

Pumping poison gas/chem weapons into their warrens would probably be effective
>>
>>1181243
>>We shall see. Helmsman, bring us to port and fire all weapons. Perhaps the destruction of one of their warrens will make clear their position.
>>
>>1181263
Burn it down
>>
>>1181243
Gunboat diplomacy
>>
>>1181243
>>We shall see. Helmsman, bring us to port and fire all weapons.
>>Write-In
Target their defensive weaponry instead of their warrens. Take down their surface to orbit weaponry.
>>
I hope our ship fucking gets destroyed for stupidity.
>>
>>1181317
Salty anon is salty.
>>
>>1181317
They've made it pretty clear they don't like or respect us. And they seem to proud to believe they would need our protection.
>>
>>1181243
>>1181307
This
>>
>>1181317

Coming here rather than going to the Collective home system to deal them a finishing blow was the stupid move.
>>
>>1181322
Its stupid to open fire on a race of aliens we have a LARGE lack of information.

>>1181338
Sense when did liking or respect ever matter in this? We're opening fire on a late of information. Hell this might be the reason Chaos and all of them suddenly show up.
>>
>>1181346
Hmmm seems smart...... Full power to Lance batteries!!!!
>>
>>1181342
This is true though. Taking control of their home system would have been more beneficial overall.
>>
>>1181346
>Its stupid to open fire on a race of aliens

absolutely heretical
>>
Rolled 34, 77 = 111 (2d100)

>>1181263
>>1181271
>>1181298
"Understood, Captain."

Your ship rotates and fires a barrage of plasma down to the surface of the planet, followed by a lance-shot.

>>1181365
Slow your roll, this isn't Only War Quest.
>>
>>1181365
>ignoring the part of the sentence.

absolutely retarded.

>>1181371
seems like that's the route we're going now. Just kill the aliens. Instead of anything useful. I hope they are or a future race will be packing something to just destroy us.
>>
Rolled 1 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>1181371
Your plasma shots impact layers of void-shielding, breaching through the lowest layer...
>>
>>1181371
>Slow your roll, this isn't Only War Quest.

Wasn't being serious.

>>1181381
>can't take a joke

absolutely autistic
>>
>>1181381
Stay salty
>>
>>1181382
And fizzling out on blast-plates layered beneath the topsoil. Your lance-shot unfortunately misfires, burning down several dozen miles of forest.

A new voice rolls out over the line.

"HA! Star-fire guns! That is a new one! Maybe you should have opened up with that! Okay, you have my attention: what you want, star-fire two-arms?"

>Your death. All ships, open fire.

>Wait... now you want to trade? I just tried to destroy one of your cities!

>That depends. What can you offer?

>Write-In
>>
>>1181390
>Joking after having shot the world.

Ya, im the austic one.

>>1181406
Stay special.

>>1181419
>just kill'em all.

Its what anons want. Fuck it.
>>
>>1181419

Feels like you want us to trade with the xenos.

>>Write-In
Depart this system and go far away or we'll come back and eradicate you.

>>1181430
>Ya, im the austic one.

Clearly
>>
>>1181419
>>That depends. What can you offer?

Time to exterminate them isn't now obviously.

Give the look of things being normal for now, we take control of the orbital facilities and such and we'll be back to properly glass these worlds.

Sending down troops will be a deathtrap.
>>
>>1181419
Sev, how long would an orbital bombardment exterminatus take with all our ships.
>>
>>1181419
>>That depends. What can you offer?
See salty anon they loved it
>>
>>1181419
See shooting things solve all problems
>>
>>1181473
I don't know it seems like there pretty advanced. If we can trade with this system, it could be more value then wasting our time here. You know with the capital still needing to be taken
>>
>>1181448
Not necessarily, these guys are just pretty confident in their invincibility.

>>1181494
Of the "destroy all life on the surface" or "shatter the planetary crust" variety?
>>
>>1181547
Merely destroy the xenos variety
>>
>>1181430
>he's mad our plan got them to like us more
>So mad he wastes his vote being vindictive
>>
>>1181565
>literally first guy to vote after 'lol shot the world'
>His being vindictive.

Alright mate. You keep thinking that. I want us to get our shit smacked in to show violence donest get us as far as a carrot
>>
>>1181538

Definitely this excursion is a waste of time but if they truely are tyranid hybrids, they need to die.

For now now, we should table the issue and perhaps go and take over the orbital facilities. They should have medical data and we can use that to compare against known tyranid genetic markers.
>>
>>1171747
>Like a man, but with a thicker skin with a ruddy hue, like rich clay. Four arms each do they have, with fingers that end in nails like knives. Their biting fangs are pronounced both on top and on bottom, and their teeth are made for ripping flesh. They grow no hair, save perhaps in obscene areas
>'Night-tide sweeps forth from the West, hunger without end. Bull and vulture clash with maggot over the charioteer's necklace. The rotting king stirs, hungry for flesh to mold. Though shaped like Beast, their heart is of Man, and though they be like Men, their hearts are of Beasts. There you will find salvation.'"

>>1181346
>>1181342
>>1181307
Sounds to me that the Androxians are FUCKING GENESTEALERS and (potentially) a hive fleet is approaching.
Pretty confident they're 'stealers, less so about the hive fleet - "Night-tide" makes me think DEldar (but I guess it could be a reference to Shadow in the Warp), "hunger without end" is surely Nids. If the "Charioteer's Necklace" refers to the local star systems then "vultures" could be DEldar, "maggots" = ?Nids and "bull" = ?Imperium.
Unsure about the "flesh-molding rotting king" and the "man/beasts" business.

If they are 'stealers then we want to wipe them out with great prejudice. Allowing an infestation of those mind-controlling world-destroying bastards to spread is the sort of thing that can drag whole regions of the galaxy to their doom (as can ferrying spore-dropping orks from planet to planet).. This is especially true if there's a hive fleet potentially homing in on their signal. They might appear fine to negotiate with now but the instant that fleet gets closer they'll go mad.
On the other hand, the "beasts/men" line suggests we find salvation here. Maybe their hearts are more manlike than one would think. Negotiation may be worthwhile.

>>1181419
>>1181419
Also
>Where's that man who recognised the tunnel warrens? Have you ever fought 'Nids?
>Do we have a scholar aboard? Draw up all information on the different xenos and prepare my boardroom for a discussion with anyone on board who might have something worthwhile to say.
>>
>>1181582
> violence gets you nothing
>In 40K
It just got a bunch of xeno to respect us and want to actually here what we have to say. So I say it's got some value
>>
>>1181609
>Though shaped like Beast, their heart is of Man, and though they be like Men, their hearts are of Beasts.

I've actually been wondering if we jumped to conclusions too fast. This line appears to be of two parts instead of one.

Shaped liked beast but hearts of men.
Shaped like men but hearts of beast.

Would this mean that the androxians are merely a mutated offshoot of humanity? Obviously the signs mean we should not immediately judge base on external appearance but on intent.

Frankly we need the medical data to be absolutely sure.
>>
>>1181609
>>1181501
>>1181526
>>1181473
"Ah, many things. Such as this."

"Captain, detecting energy surges near their ground emplacements! They're cycling weapons up!"

"Here is my offer, star-fire two-arms: leave my system, and bring me head of those stupid Collective's king. I mount it on mantelpiece. Then, I forgive you for shooting at my planet and we trade. You think this is unreasonable? Fine, then you just leave and never return. You think that is unreasonable? Then we go to war, and you lose. Understand?"

>You presume to command me? I will burn your worthless speck of mud to ash, alien!

>Yes. This offer is agreeable. See you soon with that head: be sure to have your ambassadors ready.

>We will leave; for now. But don't think this is over, xeno.

>Write-In
>>
>>1181671
>Would this mean that the androxians are merely a mutated offshoot of humanity? Obviously the signs mean we should not immediately judge base on external appearance but on intent.

Being that mutated I doubt they get declared abhuman
>>
>>1181716
>>You presume to command me? I will burn your worthless speck of mud to ash, alien!
>>
>>1181716
>You presume to command me? I will burn your worthless speck of mud to ash, alien!
>>
>>1181716
>>Write-In
"How fortunate. That ties in exactly with what I want to do. We'll be back xenos."

effectively
>Yes. This offer is agreeable. See you soon with that head: be sure to have your ambassadors ready.

but more haughty. No sense in appearing like we're listening to them or scared of their weapons.
>>
>>1181716
>But before I leave I will be taking control of the Collective emplacements within this system. I expect no interference from those guns you're cycling up.
There's no need to damage our ships on this alien backwater. Strike at the Collective heartland first, eliminate the remains of their fleet then return with a stock of Atomics to wipe these warrens clean.
>>
>>1181778
>>No sense in appearing like we're listening to them or scared of their weapons

That's exactly what it looks like
>>
>>1181716

And yes. Haughty.>>1181778
>>
>>1181733
>>1181726
Guys, they were able to wipe out the DEldar fleet with little obvious damage to themselves clearly they have strong weapons buried deep beneath the dirt and voidplating of their planet. This is a fight we do not need now. Once we've taken out the Collective (and acquired any more atomics they've got stockpiled) we can return to this planet and teleport nukes into the hearts of their filthy tunnels. Until then leave it.

>>1181723
I doubt they're human. The description Sev gave us is pretty much identical to what you get describing genestealer hybrids.
>>
>>1181716
>>Yes. This offer is agreeable. See you soon with that head: be sure to have your ambassadors ready.

I mean, lets kill them anyways, but let them think we're open to talk
>>
>>1181835
>I doubt they're human. The description Sev gave us is pretty much identical to what you get describing genestealer hybrids.

Thats the very weird thing they are but their modus operandi is completely different.

Also where do you find an entire civilisation of genestealer hybrids These things breed into purestrains after 2-3 generations. Starting not to add up.
>>
>>1181867
They breed back into purestrains after 4 generations of miscegenation with a host race. If they were isolated in this system for a while before encountering the Collective then they would've been forced to inbreed. That could have stabilised their genetics somewhat (much as the Ymgarl genestealers stabilised after protracted inbreeding with that moon's hosts).
Similarly, their MO isn't what we'd expect from your usual genestealer cult but that could also be down to the period of isolation.
Alternatively maybe there are human-looking 3rd and 4th gen 'stealers throughout the entire Collective heartland.
>>
>>1181957

Aye, those are all possible and if true, we will glass this planet and where they reside.

At the very least these differences make me want to give them a small benefit of doubt until we have medical confirmation.
>>
>>1181849
>>1181796
>>1181785
>>1181778
"Come back, don't come back, doesn't matter. Just so long as you get rid of those stupid two-arms and their sickness."

The line closes.

>Open fire on planet with all ships

>Go elsewhere in the system.

>Set course for Othhaw

>Set course for another star in this sector.

>Write-In
>>
>>1182046
>>Go elsewhere in the system.
Orbital facilities
>>
>>1182046
>>Write-In
We have our whole fleet with us right?

Go to the collective homesystem
>>
>>1182046
>Open fire on planet with all ships
>>
>>1182072
Yep, save the Fortress, which frees up next in-game month.
>>
>>1182046
Orbital Facilities
>>
>>1182072
Minus our planetary assault ship. It's still at Otthaw. We go pick it up and then we march on the home system.
>>
>>1182046
Go to the collective base
>>
>>1182098

Ah well, in that case I change my vote to go back to Othhaw

Seriously anons, this splitting of the fleet needs to stop
>>
>>1182089

That'd just be taking damage for nothing anon

Have us sitting up twiddling our thumbs waiting for repairs again
>>
>>1182119
Better than trying to hunt pirates with 3 ships. At least we've kept most of our combat vessels together this time in case we needed to glass worlds on this trip.
>>
>>1182131

True but at the same time our planet taker is sitting pretty vulnerable comparatively, and we have to risk an additional trip through the warp.
>>
>>1182165

Not completely. We still have Jericho and Tempest class we captured that are hanging behind there.
>>
>>1182181

Considering the value of the craft, that's pretty lackluster defense.

Consider the number of deldar ships we ran into before that slapped our shit, they'd rape those three to death and back.
>>
>>1182197
Also completely true. We're lucky the DE still havnt traced us yet and the Collective is still on this way home so it's a comparatively quiet time.

To be fair though, once we take the homeworld we will have to split our crafts to secure our holdings.
>>
Getting off for tonight.
>>
>>1182208

If we can capture some more of their ships that'll do pretty well for system defense there. We'll have access to that orbital shipyard, even though it'll take a long time to build anything it'll at least get us on track.

>>1182212
Thanks for running
>>
>>1182212
Thanks for running.

>>1182214
Funding to build a small flotilla will be an expensive endevour though. It will be something we need to do, regardless but we'll also have to exploit the rest of the sub-sector.
>>
>>1182246
No doubt it won't be cheap, and it'll take a long time to come about.

Probably do well to invest in some planetary defense batteries and the like while we're at it.

Probably should look to getting a colony set up in those ruins that had the part built raider, dangerous considering proximity to deldar and it'll take a few years but the ships at least part built already.
>>
>>1182304

Not sure about the last one. The colonist will come from our current planets and if taken prisoner, they'll spill everything to the DE. I think expanding into that sub-sector should be placed on hold until we have a very firm foundation. Otherwise, we could sell it to the Admech. Any attack on admech will invite a fucking furious response and we can be big damn heroes to them.
>>
>>1182355

Yeah, not a priority, but it's something we can work at
>>
>>1182046
>Write-In
Excuse me...did you say sickness...what kind of sickness.

>Then off comms.
Oh great, Nurglites
>>
>>1182046
>Go to the Collectibe base in system

Might as well acomplish something to make this trip worthwhile
>>
Didn't we came here in the first place to try and make sense of the profecy and all of a sudden anons are full on hurdurpurge mode?

if you guys are so desperate to kill things we might as well have gone to the collective system directly
>>
>>1182046
>Go elsewhere in the system.

Orbital Facilities
>>
>>1182046
>Set course for another star in this sector
Back for loot! Give us clues of the weapons and defences used?
>>
File: 1298866529212.jpg (140KB, 600x683px) Image search: [Google]
1298866529212.jpg
140KB, 600x683px
>>1168277
Hey Severus, would you be willing to come over to this chat to discuss a possible cross-over? I run Chapter Quest where my players control a Space Marine Chapter. We have a fully fleshed out Sector full of opportunities and a wiki of 500+ pages. It would be quite cool of you would want to pop by with your Rogue Trader to do some stuff in our part of the galaxy.

Chat:
https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23RisingSons&server=irc.Rizon.net

Wiki:
http://chapterquest.wikia.com/wiki/Sector_Deus
>>
>>1184123

Like two people even voted to come here.

Piss on them damn bugs.
>>
Sorry, can't run today. Busy.
>>
>>1185336

you wanna fuck the bugs?!?!?! ok Let's fuck the bugs.

We have 3 ways of doing it:

The inquisition way: we bomb the everloving shit of the planet, but a regular orbital bombardment won't do shit(as proven by the eldar and collective assoults) we would have to compleately destroy their planete leaving nothing of value to us just a huge bill for ammunition and repairs after.

The guard way: we mount a terrestrial invasion and fight a long and taxing war with them sinse they would have every terrain advantage.

The rogue trader way: we establish cordial trade relations with them, in the meantime we kidnap some of their individuals to perform some tests and see what gas can kill them more efficiently (time and cost wise). When they atleast tolerete our presence we set up a logistical plan to deploy this gas, as soon as their value as a trade partner runs out we deploy the bio-weapon followed by cleanup crews, we kill most if not all of them while leaving the planet and their infraistructure intact for human colonists to repurpose.

but no, you guys decide to shoot the damn planet on the surface (the place so uninportant to them that they throw their garbage on) after the countless of hints the qm gave us about that beeing a shit idea( the collective inability to win a war they have space supremacy on, the destroyed Deldar ships, the same types of ships that tore us a new one). He let us off the hook with a slap on the wrist on this post >>1181716 , I guess he just didn't wanted to end the quest on a stupid decision like that.

[/end_salt]
>>
>>1188097
It's like people think we're playing Space Marines instead of British East India Trading Company.

You also forgot the second Rogue Trader way. Namely using them to fight your battles for you.

BTW there's clearly a 'nid infestation that they are aware of and are fighting.

>>1181867
Look. This is 40k. "THERE ARE NO WOLVES ON FENRIS".

These are areas that are as requested the ruins of an Empire of Mankind twice over. With each preceding one being an order of magnitude more advanced than the current.

It is not only possible, but outright plausible that these "Xenos" are the descendants of genetically modified settlers from the DAoT or even before that empire.

It would explain their erratic tech level for one.

> It seems hauntingly familiar, according to our helmsman

And they seem aware of the genestealers so they are likely uninfected. If they WERE they would have tried to infect us, not been standoffish.

Like shit they aren't being subtle.

>>1180352

> We meet all quotas, you send no help about fang-two-arms, and now you come again!"

Spiky two arms were DEldar. So. Who are these fang two arms?
>>
>>1188730

orks maybe? we have reports of ork transmissions coming from the veil but I don't think we saw any direlict ork ships here.....but we could easely mistake those for regular garbage and scrap
>>
>>1188097
>being this assmad

Only good bug is a dead bug

>>1188730
>BTW there's clearly a 'nid infestation that they are aware of and are fighting.

Evidence isn't exactly clear, but either way fuck 'em.
>>
>>1188911

very nice argument m8, 10/10
>>
>>1188945
no regerts

Hating bugs is pretty IC in any case.
>>
>>1188959

Of corse it is, beeing an idiot on the other hand is very debatable IC
>>
>>1188993

Or maybe it is, we did make several other stupid choises like attacking the deldar and insisting in investigating that chaos taint on the eldar ship
>>
>>1188993

Trying to actually deal with them would also be debatable, I should think.

>>1189000

Just for the record, I was against both of those things.
>>
>>1189003
Now I'm imagining our character as an imbecile who stumbled on a position of power because those more competent then him didn't think they were fit to it and he was the only one stupid and arrogant enough to actually believe he could pull this off

It's not bad actually....it just doesn't bode well for our future health or that of our house
>>
>>1189035
whatever helps you with feeling so salty over not getting to palaver with bugs.
>>
>>1182061
>>1182096
>>1184411
You set impulse to the second world in the system, which is home to the largest cluster of orbital objects in the system.

The world beneath seems to gleam from orbit, gorgeous red lines of magma criss-crossing a borderline-molten surface. A space station almost the size of a Ramilies Star Fort lies in orbit around it.

A hailing signal emits from the station.

"Great, and I thought I would get a chance to spend time with my brood-mate this orbital cycle. Buy, sell, or trade, two-arms?"

>Buy, thank you very much

>I'm here to... sell?

>I'd like to trade

>Pardon me, what is this about, exactly?

>Write-In
>>
>>1189207
>I'd like to trade

Information first and foremost
>>
>>1189207
Trade
>>
>>1189274
>>1189332
"Fine, fine, thought you'd want that. What you got for trade?"

>Plasma fuel cells (reduces supplies)

>Food and water (reduces supplies)

>How about some enriched Uranium? (diverts Radioactives from Othhaw)

>... Do you xenos like precious gemstones? (diverts Ornamentals from Othhaw)

>How much would some one-of-a-kind technology get me? (trade an artifact)

>Slaves. (lowers Crew and Morale)

>Depends. What do you have?

>Write-In
>>
>>1189355

what do you have?

I'd be willing to trade some uranium, ornamentals and some of those armors that will never get any use
>>
>>1189355
>Depends. What do you have?

I would be willing to trade the Uranium, some of the armors we have and maybe the gemstones
>>
>>1189371
>>1189377
"... You last in line to kill-meat as youngling? Silver and Titanium. Hot-rock beneath is full of both. Suck it up, cool it, sell it, clear? Now: what you got for trade?"

>Plasma fuel cells (reduces supplies)

>Food and water (reduces supplies)

>... Do you xenos like precious gemstones? (diverts Ornamentals from Othhaw)

>How much would some one-of-a-kind technology get me? (trade an artifact)

>Slaves. (lowers Crew and Morale)

>Write-In
>>
>>1189399

We uranium and gemstones, the armors probably won't fit the bugs

Bring the steward here so we can check if their rates are reasonable and if we can make a profit
>>
>>1189399

For Titanium

Also if they have extra information on the region or news from other sectors we would be interested in hearing it
>>
>>1189417
>>1189466
"Hmm... let's talk about quantity."

Roll Commerce: Target number 67.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>1189543
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>1189543

Seems slow, and that might just be that this is in sage and isn't being bumped up to the top, let us know if you want us to roll again if necessary
>>
>>1189466
>if they have extra information on the region or news from other sectors we would be interested in hearing it

Some conversation that occurs over the negotiating line...

"Your ship, is nice. Shows more care than other two-arms ships: those things? Half-ass, no care. Weapons are garbage, too."

"The other two-arms tell you they conquer us, yeah? Lies, all of it. They just turn up with gunships, say we are 'liberated', we fire lightning-cannon batteries at them until they leave. Later they turn up, want to trade, so we trade. No skin off nose."

"'Warp-Travel', you wonder why we don't have it? Worthless to us. You two-arms, you just want to run around everywhere like panicking vizarls. Androx, we know our place in the universe: is in this system, where sky-fathers put us. You understand that, we are fine."

"Your crew, they will be wearing filter-clothing when they come with glow-stone, yes? Good. No offense, two-arms, but all other two-arms we encounter? Sick. Sickness, all over them. Maybe you cannot tell, but Androx, we have scent-sense hundreds of times more powerful than yours, and we can smell it on them. Fly to that hovel further in the system if you doubt me. Pick up a two-arm there. Give him high-level diagnostic, see what you find..."

>>1189552
It's fine for you to multi-roll.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>1189543
>>
Rolled 3, 57 = 60 (2d100)

>>1189543
>>
Rolled 4 (1d5)

>>1189551
>>1189552
>>1189566
>>1189579
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>1189565

fucking shit they can detect genestealers and the collective is full of them!

and he even told us where to find them.

wtf I love this bugs now

rolling again
>>
>>1189583

Don't think it's stealers here, just regular old muties to purge
>>
>>1189590

na man, it's stealers alraigth, remember the prophecy, these are the mans with hearts of monsters and the bugs are the monsters with harts of men.

let's grab one of them and run the diagnostics like he said, we are used to fighting nid so we will know what to look for
>>
>>1189596

The glow stone they're talking about is the Uranium we're trading and the filter cloth would be protective suits for the radiation. If it were stealers he would have mentioned something about parasites and not everything has to link back to the prophecy, I think he's referring to radiation poisoning
>>
>>1189579
"So, we arrange for shipment of glow-rock to Titanium at a 1:2 unit ratio... fair. Have your two-arms wear filter-suits: we do not want your sicknesses, and you do not want ours. Transmitting digital copy of compact to your computer array now."

"+++ANALYZING... DATA FREE OF DJINN OR VIRODAEMONS... DOWNLOADING AND STORING...+++"

>Set course for another planet in this system

>Set course for another star system in this sub-sector

>Set course for another sub-sector

>Write-In
>>
>>1189603

can't hurt to check, specially when we are talking about those damn nids, and since we came here to investigate about the prophecy this is the first hint we have
>>
>>1189604

set course for the hovel further in the system
>>
>>1189604
>Set course for another planet in this system

Continue our way in, maybe tell the base out here about some protective suits
>>
>>1189627
>>1189724
Your ship carefully circumnavigates the gravity tides and sails down to the innermost planet.

"Captain... initial scanning of this planet's settlements indicates that they appear to lack orbital defenses, or indeed defenses of any kind. They are sitting ducks. Hold on- ah, they're communicating with us. Opening line."

"Greetings, friends from the stars! In the joyous name of the Founder- welcome to Androx Alpha, the great embassy of the Ambarian Worker's Collective! I'm certain that your journey through space has tired you- send some shuttlecraft down with your men! We want only peace between ourselves and all other races of reason and science."

>Finally- someone who appreciates our status! Ready my landing craft!

>Thank you, but shuttlecraft won't be necessary: Etherics! Find the main promenade or whatever they have and prepare a Lightning Strike to it! I'm heading to the Teleportarium.

>A generous offer, but I must decline. May I speak to your overseer?

>You do know your neighbors say you are all sick, right?

>Etherics, find a cluster of bio-signs and Lightning Strike them into our custody. Make sure there are pacification teams in the teleportarium for them. Then move them to the Chirugeon's chamber and start diagnostics.

>Write-In
>>
>>1189757
Dammit, forgot my trip.
>>
>>1189757
>>Etherics, find a cluster of bio-signs and Lightning Strike them into our custody. Make sure there are pacification teams in the teleportarium for them. Then move them to the Chirugeon's chamber and start diagnostics.
>>
>>1189757
>>A generous offer, but I must decline. May I speak to your overseer?

I knew it, they are all stealers, wanting to fraternize and infect our crew!!

we need to get one representative and secure hi using a bunch of soldiers in ultra armors, said soldiers will be quarentaned after too
>>
>>1189757
>>A generous offer, but I must decline. May I speak to your overseer?

I find it hard to believe we wouldn't have discovered genestealers in Otthaw.
>>
>>1189757

this would be more IC >Finally- someone who appreciates our status! Ready my landing craft! but I can't vote for it saddly

>Etherics, find a cluster of bio-signs and Lightning Strike them into our custody. Make sure there are pacification teams in the teleportarium for them. Then move them to the Chirugeon's chamber and start diagnostics.

wen we talk about a cluster, how much are talking about?

also, seal the teleportarion of all exits and prepare to vent it in case of failure to contain, tell the soldiers that will do the apprehension that so they know failure is not an option
>>
>>1189835
>wen we talk about a cluster, how much are talking about?
About 5.
>>
>>1189846

roll for it to tie break?
>>
Rolled 4 (1d4)

>>1189835
>>1189773
>>1189778
>>1189828
Rolling to tie-break.
>>
>>1189899
after we speak to the overseer lets teleport him up to the ship and test him along with those around him. we can apologise if its incorrect, but we cant take chances..
>>
>>1189913

Let's see what he has to say first. but they sure as hell are fishy
>>
>>1189828
"Why, I am the overseer! There's... honestly not a lot to do around here, so I also handle what little off-planet comm traffic we have. Saves on staff, you know! Well, if you're sure you don't want to come down here, can we at least get a record of your ship first? Since you seem to be an uncontacted race, it'd be mighty useful for us. We'd just need a couple of our fellows up on your ship for maybe 10 minutes- under your guard, of course!"

>... Sure. Send a shuttle down for them.

>I'm afraid not.

>Etherics, get a lock on our friend overseer's signal and Lightning Strike him aboard.

>Write-In
>>
>>1189938
>>Etherics, get a lock on our friend overseer's signal and Lightning Strike him aboard.
>>
>>1189938
Give us some hours please, we will prepare a commitive to go on planet and contact you when we are ready, it's good to finally find some reasonable people on this emperor-forsaken system

>Etherics, get a lock on our friend overseer's signal and Lightning Strike him aboard.

we prepare the room and seal everything, we put our soldiers on the thickest carapace we can find and bring the cluster abord with our fingers over the vent command
>>
>>1189938
>>Etherics, get a lock on our friend overseer's signal and Lightning Strike him aboard.

>unaware of the loss of an entire system and defeat of the fleet

Raises questions
>>
>>1189966

stealing stealers man!
>>
>>1189938
>>
>>1189948
>>1189960
>>1189966
>>1190021
"Understood... and... NOW."

"This is Teleportarium security, sir. We've secured the overseer and are moving him to medical for diagnosis."

Roll the Chirugeon's medical check. Target number: 60.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>1190029
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>1190029
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>1190029
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>1190029
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>1190029

guys, we gonna have to reroll, can't fuck with genestealers
>>
Rolled 4 (1d5)

>>1190034
>>1190037
>>1190049
>>1190051
>>1190060
Re-roll?
>>
>>1190073

fucking yes we do
>>
>>1190073
Yes
>>
>>1190083
>>1190085
Right-O.
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>1190093

do you roll or we?
>>
>>1190120
You guys, since you emphasized this was an important roll.
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>1190093
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>1190093
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>1190093

so, that five dice business all over again right?
>>
>>1190135
Yep.
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>1190093
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1190120
>>1190128
>>1190129
>>1190135
>>1190194
>>
>>1190212
kek
>>
>>1190212

yup, we gonna get raped by genestealers
>>
>>1190212

We do at least have quarantine effected on him right.
>>
>>1190128
"Lord-Captain, this is chirugeon Sarcan. I have taken care to study this 'Overseer' carefully, and can see no sign of Genestealer mutation- or, for that matter, any significant illness, beyond the usual bodily parasites. I COULD perform a more... through examination, but that would likely kill the overseer. Your orders?"

>Do it

>Don't do it

>Write-In
>>
>>1190270

fucking do it already, fuck this dude

the bridges are already burned
>>
>>1190270
>>Write-In
Just repeat the procedure one more time. Humour me on this Mr Sarcan.
>>
>>1190282
"Captain, I have already done that. There is no error. If this man was a genestealer, or afflicted with the Plague of Unbelief, or some disease which causes an alteration of the genes, I WOULD have found it. If I did not, that means it is not there. But, by all means, go ahead. YOU show ME how to properly interpret a genoanalytic printout from a five-factor sample using blood, urine, bone marrow, saliva, and tissue samples. I'm a mere Genetor, and YOU are a high-and-mighty Rogue Trader. I defer to your sagacious judgement."
>>
>>1190270
>>Write-In

Interrogate him, with a psyker present perhaps?
>>
>>1190299

do the through examination and make sure of it, it's not like we can simply release this man anyway.

again with the attitude....I swear someday...
>>
>>1190270

>Do it
>>
>>1190270
>Don't do it

Bring him to our quarters so that we can discuss this Collective with him and radiation poisoning issues for anyone there.

For fucks sake man these aren't the Genestealers, the xeno was making a comment about that fact that they didn't protect themselves from Uranium and got radiation poisoning.
>>
>>1190270
>>Don't do it
>>
>>1190385
>>1190372

You are seriously going to bet our health an all of those on board on it?
>>
>>1190308
Seconding.

Us talking to him will reveal nothing, let's have a psyker interrogate his mind.
>>
>>1190406

Yes, it is very very clear what the trader was referring to and talking about, it's radiation poisoning from unprotected handling of the "glow rocks"
>>
>>1190440

no man, they said that all the humans here had disieses, and this overseer dude had no mutations or radiation poisoning, our surgeon said that barring the normal parasites this guy was clean

I don't know about you but radiation poisoning doesn't try to hide...genestealers on the other hand...

please....please....pleaseeee anon, trust me on this, let's not do stupid shit again and let's kill this dude on the operation table to make sure it's nothing that can doom us....pretty please
>>
>>1190270
>Don't do it
>>
>>1190372
>>1190385
>>1190474

"Fine, understood. Do you want to do a post-examination interrogation, or should I just mix some amnesiacs and have him Struck down into some hallway?"

>Interrogate him

>Strike down

>Write-In
>>
>>1190493
>Interrogate him
>>
>>1190461

I'm tempted to think it was referring to their ideology.

Did it occur to you that the bugs may simply be trying to manipulate us into fighting the collective?

I seriously doubt we wouldn't have run into any signs of genestealers in the system we've already taken. Due to our crews and troops fraternizing with the locals I'd suspect our entire expedition of being tainted, if genestealers were in fact among the collective.
>>
>>1190493

interrogate.....and kill the fucker to investigate genestealer taint afterward
>>
>>1190493
>>Interrogate him
>>
>>1190493
>>Interrogate him

More of the talking, less of the instruments of pain.
>>
>>1190498

not the collective, in this system.

It's pretty localized.

They have a suposed disease we can't find, they have no defenses and they simply invited us to come down offering cake and flowers in a very uncollective like behavior. Do you remember the first time we got here? how they were all jumpy and coutious?

these guys barelly saw us and invited us to touch down and failing that they wanted to come aboard at all coasts. We know nids from our previous encounters and toguether with the bug's warnings these guys ring all the bells.
>>
>>1190523

and don't even get me started on the prophecy we just got days before arriving here
>>
>>1190523

Here's what I think the story behind this little planet is. The collective needs uranium to keep running, it is their primary fuel source and what keeps this society running. They found this planet with a high concentration of the material and possibly a weak magnetic field. Basically they stuck a bunch of miners on a mildly radioactive planet to mine radioactive material and either did not or could not provide them with the proper protective equipment. Sending off large populations of people to die from radiation poisoning would not be viewed in any sort of favorable light given the narrative of the society as a whole and thus they just didn't even tell any of these guys about it.

And as much of that is conjecture (and I recognize it as such) I think it is a more plausible option than Genestealers have taken over the planet below and are simply waiting for the chance to get on our ship using this one dude that we suddenly and unexpectedly teleported onto our ship and performed highly invasive medical procedures on and still never found the markers that we were looking for.
>>
>>1190523

Perhaps the bugs are the genestealers and have initiated an attempt at subverting the collective? We were asked to kill their leader, not destroy this outpost, after all.

Prophecies aren't always true, genestealers being known for psykers could well have attempted to send us on a path beneficial to them.
>>
>>1190495
>>1190499
>>1190507
>>1190520
"Understood. I'll just... send him up there, then. With some guards."

Your woozy friend recovers consciousness in a chair seated across from you at your dining table.

"Huh? What... how the... where am I?"

>In a world of pain unless you talk. Now: have you been dealing with strange, unexplained mutations among the people of your colony?

>Safe, friend. I just wanted to have a... personal talk with you. How are your people? Any illness, plague... mutation?

>Aboard my ship. I am willing to offer medical and... other kinds of aid to your settlement, but only if you answer my questions truthfully and promptly. Now: I need to know about your colony's health.

>Write-In
>>
>>1190579

>Aboard my ship. I am willing to offer medical and... other kinds of aid to your settlement, but only if you answer my questions truthfully and promptly. Now: I need to know about your colony's health.
>>
>>1190579
>>Aboard my ship. I am willing to offer medical and... other kinds of aid to your settlement, but only if you answer my questions truthfully and promptly. Now: I need to know about your colony's health.
>>
>>1190552
>>1190549

Ok, if the problem is with the planet taht doesn't explain why the overseer just didn't ping for anything radiation related.

can we come to a compromise of keeping the overseer sedated and capturing a cluster of normal planet deweling citizens? I'm telling you, the bugs didn't fear the glowing rocks, they feared the two-armed and wanted toavoid contact with them, not the rocks....radiation poison or mutation is not contagious, genestealer taint is.

maybe the bugs are genestealers and all, but i'm convinced that the affliction on this planet is not mere radiation poisoning because that would not invite the fear of the bugs (as they would have to fear the rocks not the diseased) and that would show on a standard medical test
>>
>>1190579
>>Aboard my ship. I am willing to offer medical and... other kinds of aid to your settlement, but only if you answer my questions truthfully and promptly. Now: I need to know about your colony's health.

>>1190617

I'm not disagreeing that something is definitely amiss, and I rather doubt it is radiation poisoning.

I don't trust the bugs one bit, but I suspect the disease they are referring to would be the ideology of the collective. Were the collective a bunch of genestealers, why would they attempt an attack first against the bugs? Why not come and be all hippy like and happy to trade from the get go?

Why would the bugs continue to trade with them if they kept trying to sneak in and take over, after being beaten in a fight?

We're in the dark and I feel that we're being subjected to misdirection.
>>
>>1190579
>>
>>1190667

I get your mistrust of the bugs, but this guys are definitely different than any other collective outpost we have found, and that raises some flags.

I'm not saying the collective as a whole are genestealears, but this planet definetly seems fishy.

The bugs would trade even with people that just bombarded their homeworld so I think that some genestealers that they can control or keep of their planet wouldn't be any concern
>>
>>1190684
>The bugs would trade even with people that just bombarded their homeworld

That in itself is fishy as all hell
>>
>>1190583
>>1190595
>>1190667
>>1190672
"Health? What about it?! Fit as a fiddle, we all are! Yes SIR!"

It doesn't take a Vanus to tell that this man is hiding something.

>(Charm): Overseer, you don't have to be afraid of me. I only want to help, I swear on my honor.

>(Intimidate): Listen, you PEASANT! TALK, or else, I will leave you in the delicate care of my Spymaster, who'll MAKE you talk... if you are capable of rational thought at the end of his ministrations.

>(Deceive): Well, glad to hear of it! Tell me, HOW do you keep your men so healthy? I am always eager to learn!

>(Command): Don't try lying to me. TALK.

>(pass-off to Harald): You're wasting my time. Harald! Beat the truth out of this whelp!

>(pass-off to Sigurn): If you won't tell the truth, I shall make you tell it. Sigurn! Bring any telepaths we have up here and rip the knowledge I want from this wretch's mind!

>(pass-off to Gustave): You shouldn't have lied to me. Mr. Roberts? Get the truth out of him. Leave him alive and unharmed, if possible.

>Write-In
>>
>>1190684
Also, if the bugs were grnestealers why would they require full protextive gear and no contact with their people if their goal was to infect us
>>
>>1190726
>>(Command): Don't try lying to me. TALK.

"I am trying to offer some aid. Do NOT mock me."
>>
>>1190726
Pass of the surgeon, do the operation.
For fuck sake guys how many more hints does the qm has to give you?"?!

We all are?!?!?!?
>>
>>1190726
>(Command): Don't try lying to me. TALK.
>>
>>1190726
>>(Command): Don't try lying to me. TALK.
>>
>>1190735
>>1190747
>>1190756
Roll Command (-30): Target number 37.
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>1190774
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>1190774
christ I thought we were good at command tests
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>1190774
>>
>>1190789
Fellowship 47 -30 +20 = 37.
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>1190774
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1190783
>>1190789
>>1190796
>>1190814
>>1190859
Re-roll? (3 Fate Points left)
>>
>>1190863

no

Send him to Gustave
>>
>>1190863

No. Hes small fry.

We'll just rip it from his mind.
>>
>>1190807
I wonder why we have a -30 penalty, it must be the radiation poisoning...
No, no, no it's a "bug are lieing to us penalty" i'm sure!

Ok, now i'm just beimg pedantic...

Can we open this guy up already?
>>
>>1190789
"Look, I swear, I have no idea whatyer tawkin 'bout!"

You see a brief... spasm of some kind in one of the overseer's eyes.

>(pass-off to Harald): You're wasting my time. Harald! Beat the truth out of this whelp!

>(pass-off to Sigurn): If you won't tell the truth, I shall make you tell it. Sigurn! Bring any telepaths we have up here and rip the knowledge I want from this wretch's mind!

>(pass-off to Gustave): You shouldn't have lied to me. Mr. Roberts? Get the truth out of him. Leave him alive and unharmed, if possible.

>(Pass-off to Sarcan): Sarcan? Open this man up. He will tell us more dead than alive.

>Write-In
>>
>>1190910
>(Pass-off to Sarcan): Sarcan? Open this man up. He will tell us more dead than alive.
>>
>>1190910
>>(Pass-off to Sarcan): Sarcan? Open this man up. He will tell us more dead than alive.
>>
>>1190900
REEEEEEE

>>1190910
>>(pass-off to Sigurn): If you won't tell the truth, I shall make you tell it. Sigurn! Bring any telepaths we have up here and rip the knowledge I want from this wretch's mind!

Opening him up may do no good, as he may well just be a public face. Taking information will like give us more to work with, in any case.
>>
>>1190910
>>(Pass-off to Sarcan): Sarcan? Open this man up. He will tell us more dead than alive.
>>
>>1190910
>>
>>1190918
>>1190922
>>1190936
>>1190943
"Wait, wha-"

A Shock Maul applied to the back of the head knocks the overseer out cold, and the guards drag him out of the room.

Roll 1d100 for Sarcan's Medicae test. Target number: 75.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>1190959
>Tfw it was just a natural twitch.
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>1190959
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>1190959
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>1190959
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>1190959
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1190965
>>1190969
>>1190974
>>1190998
>>1191001
>>
>>1190969
"Well, Captain: I have found the source of the sickness: this man's brain has worms.

Yes, tiny, but aggressive worms, burrowed deep into the cerebral folds of his forebrain, where they seem to be breeding. What I thought to be mere ordinary intestinal parasites? Actually juveniles, ready to escape the body in the stool. I also found eggs in the blood and saliva of the wretch."

>How disgusting!

>Interesting. What else have you determined?

>Write-In
>>
>>1191072
>>Interesting. What else have you determined?
>>
>>1191072
>>
>>1191072

Could they be influencing their thought?
>>
>>1191072
>>
>>1191072
>>
>>1191072
>>
>>1191083
>>1191105
>>1191110
>>1191114
>>1191117
>>1191135
"These worms... interface with the cerebral cortex of their host. This interface initially, I believe, simply causes dystonia- rapid blinking or occasional eye spasms. In time, however, specialized organs burrow into the parts of the brain associated with the self and corrupt them. The host's behavior, emotions, even personality... all can be altered by the presence of these parasites- presumably, to their benefit. Truly, a horrific creature: so small, and yet, so dangerous.

This isn't the worst aspect of the beasts, however. By my observation, there seems to be anomalous nerve clusters in these creatures that resemble some kind of bio-psychic receiver: not unlike those possessed by Tyrannic organisms. The structure is different, however: more ancient, less specialized... and capable of two-way or multi-vector communication, possibly."

>Are you saying that these things are Tyranids?

>What are you hinting at?

>... Repeat that in terms I understand.

>Write-In
>>
>>1191187
>>
>>1191187
>>Write-In
So they can talk to each other without needing a communication device and may be distantly related to tyranids?
>>
>>1191187
>>What are you hinting at?
>>
>>1191187

Could they be doing the same as a Genestealer infestation? Drawing the attention of a Hive.
>>
>>1191187
So they are nids, aren't they?

Specialized, parasitic, prolific, highly infectious and up to no good.

If these guys are capable of two way communication it means that greater more deadly forms of nids may be heading to this protein buffet, the prophecy is comming around nicelly

We have to start considering kidnapping and slaving bugs to act as nid sniffers
>>
>>1191206
>>1191228
>>1191263
"I don't think so. They lack most of the other markings of the Tyrannic beast: no plated chitin, no internal suicide organs, and none of the Tyranno-genetic markers. I believe we are looking at a case of parallel evolution: like how the horrible Catachan Devil resembles, in some aspects, an extinct Terran megafauna called the Thousand-Foot Beast- albeit much smaller. The same feature, beneficial to two similar lifestyles, evolves the same way. What I fear is that these worms are sending and receiving signals from each other to some unknown 'master organism', MUCH LIKE the Tyranids and the immense ship-beasts that their kind's lifestyles revolve around. The fact that these creatures seem to inject... HORMONES of some kind into their hosts is equally disturbing to me. This 'overseer' seems to have been infected within the past couple of years, so the alterations seem minimal, but I fear what these chemicals could do to the sacred human form, given time."

>Then clearly, we need more subjects. Etherics, get me a dozen more experimental subjects from those colonists down there!

>Let us see what those four-armed xenos know of this.

>Destroy your samples. Now. I will not risk these things getting loose on my ship.

>Men? All weapons fire on the planetary settlement. No survivors.

>Write-In
>>
>>1191340
>>Destroy your samples. Now. I will not risk these things getting loose on my ship.
>
>>Men? All weapons fire on the planetary settlement. No survivors.
>>
>>1191340
>>
>>1191340
Xenos are the parasites final form?

Ok, while we are here get us a cluster of the infected of this planet and conduct further testing

After we heat to the nearest xeno habitat

Let's not contact them and just teleport a cluster of them on board to compare it's genetic structure to the ones of the parasites, also, store the data and kill any remaining organisms.
>>
>>1191340
>>Write-In
Continue your testing in a secured, isolated environment. Any one thats moves in and out will be required to be scanned and check. Aside from those you keep, all the rest must be destroyed. I want all the data you have on them. We will need to submit this evidence of infestation to the Inquisition so they can be properly apprised of the threat.
>>
>>1191363
Seconding.

Do not risk any possibility of infection.

Cleanse the planets entire surface until there is naught but fire.

It will also serve as a good demonstration of strength to the other Xenos.
>>
>>1191383
>Xenos are the parasites final form?

>xenos tell us to go fight the collective
>we go and get infected fighting them

or

>we go and fight the collective forces not yet infected

It's possible

But

>teleporting bugs on board

I disagree, they'll likely light our ships up and idk if that's worth it.
>>
>>1191383
Let's not jump the gun here and destroy them right away, they don't pose an immediate threat and we need to find out who they might be contacting with. Now that we know how they work we can try to capture a live one to see if we can determine their communication capability and more importantly to who theu are sending data
>>
>>1191403
Suffer not the Xenos to live anon.
>>
>>1191422

Some data is required though.

If only so the =][= knows how to properly look out for and cleanse this threat.

Especially since something like this would be easily transmittable.

Infact we should be checking our ship crews for this shit already.
>>
>>1191403
If we just destroy them and don't find out who is comming and how long they will take we will be on a big strategic disadvantage.
>>
>>1191428
We already know how to find it, bugs can snif it and the ordo xenos routinelly uses other xenos to their own advantage.

We really need to know if they are contacting each other or some kind of hive fleet soon to come down on our asses like the prophecy foretold.

I really dpn't want to sound childish or annoying but everything that ptophecy said is falling into place, the only thing we have to yet determine is who is going to devour us, my money is in whoever they are transmitting to
>>
>>1191403 this
>>Let us see what those four-armed xenos know of this.
>>Then clearly, we need more subjects. Etherics, get me a dozen more experimental subjects from those colonists down there!
>>
>>1191739
>>1191340
>Let us see what those four-armed xenos know of this
>Then clearly, we need more subjects. Etherics, get me a dozen more experimental subjects from those colonists down there!
>>
>>1191403
>>1191739
This would be the best course of action
>>
>>1191750
>>1191874
"Understood, sir! Capturing and retrieving subjects! We'll conduct the experiments during the impulse-trip back to that orbital trade station."

Roll for the chirugeon's Medicae test. Target number: 60.
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>1191920
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>1191920
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>1191920
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>1191920
>>
While we're waiting:

Since I have an inordinate amount of free time and apparently hate myself, I've started A SECOND QUEST! Can't talk much about what I have planned for it without giving away the prologue, but I promise it will be more interesting then the 70's Hippy Simulator it looks like right now. If you're interested, hop on over to >>1189260
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>1191920
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1191924
>>1191930
>>1191975
>>1191989
>>1192020
Off to bed, but first, rolling this. Re-roll?
>>
>>1192026

We've used almost all of our fate points and achieved pretty much nothing

why not
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>1192026
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>1192026
Jesus christ. Yes. Reroll
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>1192026
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>1192026

Yes re-roll
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>1192026
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1192033
>>1192040
>>1192047
>>1192507
>>1192607
>>
>>1192618

Oh for fucks sake
>>
>>1192033
You hear alarms sounding from the medicae chamber.

"Captain, the test subjects have escaped! I don't know how, I had them injected with the same paralytics I used on the overseer-"

>Sound the vent alarm, then seal and depressurize the deck! (1d10-4 Crew and 2d10-4 Morale damage, chance of infected donning void-suits)

>Vent the deck. No alarms: I don't want the infected to see it coming. (1d10 Crew and 2d10 Morale damage, guaranteed to kill the infected)

> (Command) Assemble security teams! Find them now! (if passed, medicae results can come in: if failed, risk of infected vanishing into the bilges)

>Write-In
>>
Rolled 9, 6, 9 = 24 (3d10)

>>1192644
>Vent the deck. No alarms: I don't want the infected to see it coming. (1d10 Crew and 2d10 Morale damage, guaranteed to kill the infected)

First 1 is the crew. Next 2 are moral
>>
>>1192644

Double damn, I do not want to risk them getting out at all

We should purge this planet
>>
>>1192644
>>Vent the deck. No alarms: I don't want the infected to see it coming. (1d10 Crew and 2d10 Morale damage, guaranteed to kill the infected)

I hope you are using your void suit doc
>>
>>1192644
>>
>>1192662
>>1192714
"Understood. Decks venting."

Remaining Crew: 85%

Remaining Morale: 81%

"Retrieving specimens and preparing for autopsy."

You are given a briefing about the additional findings as your ship closes into reliable comms range with the station.

"It appears that the worms stimulated their hosts's adrenal glands, driving them into a highly agitated state where they could resist the drugs I was using to keep them complacent. The ultimate purpose of this was, I believe, for them to force their hosts to deposit eggs in the ship, sowing the seeds of an infection. Fortunately, they didn't have time to do so before they died from depressurization."

"They must have known you were going to sedate them. Horrible things."

"Understatement of the millennium, Captain. These hosts were in a more advanced stage of infestation, curiously enough. It appears that such a stage is characterized by decay in the forebrain combined with increased muscular growth and stimulation of the anger centers, leading to increased aggression and a decline in complex reasoning abilities. I also saw evidence of... more severe kinds of mutation starting to occur: loss of pain receptors, elongation of canines, hardening and lengthening of nails, increased senses of hearing and smell, and loss of optical organs and body hair."

"Let's see what the xenos know about this. Hail them, Etherics."

"Understood, patching you through now."

You hear a gristly, sucking noise on the other end of the line.

"Hrg- Great. What you want, two-arms?"

>I found the sickness. Worms in the brain? Tell me everything you know.

>Trying to trick my crew into getting infected? Charming. I'll burn your station to ash.

>The Collective seems to have a worm problem. How much would it cost to hire some of your... 'men' to help deal with it?

>Write-In
>>
>>1192791
>>I found the sickness. Worms in the brain? Tell me everything you know.
>>
>>1192791
>>
>>1192791
>>
>>1192714
Agreed.

After we finish taking, let's unload on this planet until it burns.
>>
>>1192807
>>1192815
>>1192828
"Brain-worms? That's no good. No good at all. You blast that place until nothing left. Where brain-worms go, worm-men follow in stinking corpse-ships. No good."

>Worm-men?
'
>Thought so. Men, burn that planet. Leave nothing behind.

>(Charm): Listen, I need more than that. If these things are a threat, both of our species could be in danger.

>(Intimidate): Talk straight, Xenos, or I'll have to blow your station to rubble.

>(Command): More information. Now.

>Write-In
>>
>>1192905
>>(Command): More information. Now.
>>
>>1192905
>Worm-men?
>(Charm): Listen, I need more than that. If these things are a threat, both of our species could be in danger.
>>
>>1192905
Charm

Both of us are in danger
>>
>>1192905
>charm
>>
>>1192919
>>1192948
>>1192952
Roll 1d100: target number 47.
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>1192988
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>1192988
>>
>>1174038
>>1174667
>>1192033

When I rolled these three times I failed and I was picked by the 1d5

>>1193000

With this magical roll, I'm going to stop.
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>1192988
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>1192988
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>1192988

aaand that's what you get bringing more parasites on board
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1192989
>>1193000
>>1193027
>>1193043
>>1193057
Re-roll?
>>
>>1193063
no

We will be traveling through the warp soon, I assume
>>
>>1193063

Nah we gotta start conserving those
>>
>>1193063
at leats we didn't get one of those 95s and called her mother a two-armed bitch or something
>>
What the hell are these dice
>>
>>1193057
"We don't need your help, two-arms! Your problem, not ours! Now, either bomb that excrement-pit or get out of this system."

>Bomb the infected planet

>Leave for another star in this sector (sub-sectors A-J, individual systems numbered 1-10. Othhaw is A-7, you are at A-10).
>>
>>1193124
>>Bomb the infected planet
>>
>>1193124

Then we need to return to base
>>
>>1193124

bomb it, but do it as far away as possible, we don't want them trying to board us with shuttles
>>
>>1193124
>>
>>1193124
>>
>>1193124
>>
>>1193134
>>1193138
>>1193164
>>1193188
>>1193570

"Understood, sir."

While the bombing's going on: upgrade time! You have 1200 XP accumulated.

CONGRATULATIONS! You are now Rank 2!

Your Career has reached a potential Turning Point, giving you a chance to gain specialized knowledge:

>Seek out Xenos lore in your ancestor's study: perhaps much can be learned from the alien. Perhaps Mankind and some of them... aren't so different, after all. (become a Xenographer)

>Seek a Letter of Marque from your patrons: let us become lords of the high void! (become a Privateer)

>Reach out along the ratlines and secret trade routes for those interested in xenotech: the alien mechanism is worth much to the right parties... (Become a Cold Trader)

>Idle away your time in your quarters (continue on the path of the Rogue Trader)

Other specializations will open up at higher ranks.
>>
>>1193610

What do the different specialisations offer compared to the bog standard career path.
>>
>>1193610
Could we get some info on what exactly those paths do?

I assume there are downsides as well?
>>
>>1193610
What are the benefits to each?
>>
>>1193616
>>1193617
>>1193619
Privateers are allowed to move in the underworld unmolested, and often work with pirates and syndicates to accomplish their goals; all within legal writ.

Xenologists, as you may have guessed, have an easier time dealing with Xenos, including using their weaponry and resisting the dangers of their machines.

Cold Traders either deal fairly with the alien (in which case they make enemies of the Inquisition and play the ganger to the Xenologist's scholar), or pillage their culture (in which case they make enemies of the alien race they preferably target). They are skilled smugglers.
>>
>>1193714
>Xenologists

The better to kill the xenos
>>
>>1193714
I vote xenologist, plenty of xenos around and we can study the shit out of them and their tech without fear for a change
>>
>>1193714
>Privateer

Underworld connections could be pretty useful, and pirates could be a great help I should think.

>>1193726

Xenos loving hippy.
>>
>>1193727
What can I say, I'm a sucker for new toys, and if we can autopsy the bugs to create a brain-worm detection device, hey... bonus!
>>
>>1193740

I feel that stuff like that is something that should be delegated to someone else really
>>
>>1193610
>Xenologist
>>
>>1193758
>>1193610
BELAY THAT

Xenographer does not have access to charm or command +10. That would cripple us as a leader of men.

Stick to the basic rogue trader rank 2
>>1193727
>>1193740
>>1193723
>>
>>1193610
>Seek a Letter of Marque from your patrons: let us become lords of the high void! (become a Privateer)

This seems to be the most versatile no matter where we end up finding ourselves
>>
>>1193788

Oh that sucks. Aye, we'll stick with the bog standard RT.
>>
>>1193788
This we are a leader others can deal with filthy xeno
>>
>>1193788

Does privateer have any downsides?

Because dealing with underworld folks can have a lot of uses. A pirate connections? That's hands off dealing with our adversaries within the Imperium.
>>
>>1193788
Changing to regular RT then, the command and charm bonus have been instruental so far
>>
>>1193798
Even privateer makes us a worse leader of men - mand+10 goes doubles in price, Charm+10 goes up by 100, Iron Discipline unavailable Lore (Xenos) replaced by Forbidden Lore (Pirates)
>>
>>1193820
Price change doesn't seem too harsh. What's Iron Discipline do?
>>
>>1193812
The ones >>1193820 lists.
>>
>>1193828
Iron Discipline lets our minions reroll fear or pinning tests and gives us a +10 to command tests when leading boarding actions.
Also opens up Into The Jaws Of Hell which makes our minions immune to fear or pinning and gives +5 morale to our ships when we're on board.

If we have 1200 to spend Rogue Trader 2 would let us get say
>Charm +10 200
>Command +10 200
>Fellowship +5 250
And still have 550 to spare
Privateer would be more like
>Charm +10 300
>Command +10 400
>Fellowship +5 250
250 to spare
>>
>>1193875

Could do without boosting charm this go around I think.

What's forbidden lore (pirates) give?

Iron disciple sounds pretty useful though.

Having an easy time of it allying with pirates sounds pretty useful as well.
>>
>>1193875
I think those upgrades are good, fell and charm to better accomplish the trader part of rogue trader and command to deal with those we rule.

Where could we spend the rest?
>>
>>1193893
Forbidden Lore (Pirates) gives you access to the secrets of the pirate world: their lairs, tactics, the name, signs, and dispositions of their groups, etc.
>>
>>1193875

I wouldn't mind the cost increase given the bonus we would be able to reap fluff wise
>>
>>1193908

Sounds like relatively easy access to extra ships lads

Raiders to harry our rivals, and perhaps hired security for our holdings.
>>
>>1193893
By the rule-as-written the only thing that makes it easier for us to ally with pirates is earlier access to Peer (Underworld)(+10 to Fellowship checks with underworld figures), earlier and cheaper access to Forbidden Lore (Pirates) and earlier and cheaper access to Deceive.
Fluffwise Sev mentioned having the legal standing to ally with pirates which would arguably make more of a difference than the actual stats but we are in a pretty isolated sector of space so we can ally with pirates anyway ... we just can't be quite so obvious about it.

Forbidden Lore (Pirates) is, like all the forbidden lores, essentially a catch-all skill for any illegal prescribed or otherwise hidden knowledge about the topic. Pirates specifically mentions "knowledge of the scourge of the warp lanes, their tactics, infamous vessels and inhuman captains.
On the other hand Rogue Trader 2 gives access to Forbidden Lore (Xenos) or "knowledge of the minor and major alien species known to the Imperium, the threats they pose and their general appearance"

>>1193907
I'd probably go with Iron Discipline and Forbidden Lore Xenos given the number of aliens in the local area.
That'd leave us with 150 leftover which we could either save or spend on a 100 point advance from Rogue Trader 1.
>>
>>1193920

To be kept in mind as well, we're a house with a bad reputation, history as mercs, and dealings with the assassins. Being chummy with pirates and criminals would be pretty in character.
>>
>>1193960

Mercs yes, not sure about pirates and criminals.

Its a different matter when the assassins in question are a legitimate government apparatus and sometimes have a chair on the High Lords.
>>
>>1193959
>we are in a pretty isolated sector of space so we can ally with pirates anyway ... we just can't be quite so obvious about it.

Though it would be much easier with the privateer path, and we'd have an easy time finding them for that matter.

Underworld peerage would be very versatile I should think. Deceive as well.

And of course, since we're taking over several systems here Imperial administration and institutions will be following on, which will bring plenty of issues our way if we don't have permission to be allied to pirates. Or patrons, perhpas.
>>
>>1193973

I just mean that our character/house have a history being and dealing with shady characters.

I'm fully aware of the assassins and their legal standing within the Imperium.
>>
>>1193987

Yes and I'm saying theres a difference in the type of shady. Legit shady or shady shady in this case. Like the difference between known for dealing with the CIA and known for dealing with triads.
>>
>>1194008
Eh. Organized crime are frequently used as tools by intelligence agencies.

In this case we'd be legitimized in doing so as a free agent though.
>>
>>1193952
I'd much rather just board the pirate ships with our superior leadership abilities, put the crew to the sword and induct the vessels into our fleet with commanders we can trust.

Underworld peerage would reasonably useful. I made a mistake with deceive though, it's only Deceive+10 that we get earlier access to as a Privateer but I'd say that's countered by the fact that we have less points available to spend buy it with.
>>
>>1194022
>I'd much rather just board the pirate ships with our superior leadership abilities, put the crew to the sword and induct the vessels into our fleet with commanders we can trust.

I'd call that time wasted hunting after them and time wasted on repairs and crew replenishment from fighting them, when we could be out exploring and conquering.

Then of course, survivors and those we anger harrying our holdings, rather than our rivals.
>>
Since you're unsure, I'll just post the Rogue Trader Rank 2 list for now.

Weapon Skill 250

Ballistic Skill 250

Strength 500

Toughness 500

Agility 250

Intelligence 250

Perception 500

Willpower 250

Fellowship 250
Ciphers (Rogue Trader) 100 Skill

Pilot (Space Craft) 100 Skill

Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader) 100 Skill

Speak Language (Trader’s Cant) 100 Skill

Barter 200 Skill

Blather 200 Skill

Carouse 200 Skill

Charm +10 200 Skill

Command +10 200 Skill

Common Lore (Veiled Regions) 200 Skill

Deceive 200 Skill

Forbidden Lore (Xenos) 200 Skill

Gamble 200 Skill

Performer (Choose One) 200 Skill

Pilot (Flyers) 200 Skill

Scholastic Lore (Imperial Warrants) 200 Skill

Iron Discipline 200 Talent (steels the will of your men)

Jaded 200 Talent (hardens you to the more common horrors of the world, such as seeing a rating fall into the gears of an engine)

Leap Up 200 Talent (Get up from prone as a free action)

Quick Draw 200 Talent (pull a gun at the start of a fight as a free action)

Sound Constitution 200 Talent (+1 Wound: may take twice)

Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee) 300 Talent (fight with two Hand-to-Hand weapons at once without penalty)

Exotic Weapon Training (Choose One) 500 Talent (know how to use ONE unusual/xenos weapon)

Two Weapon Wielder (Ballistic) 500 Talent (fight guns akimbo without penalty)
>>
>>1194478
We've previously taken fellowship 250

Might wanna make a note of the upgrades we've taken somewhere on the pastebin or something.

>>1144681

https://archived.moe/qst/thread/1091845/#1115335

>Fellowship 250 Attribute
>Ambidextrous 200 Talent Pre-req: Ag 30

>Fellowship 100
>Dodge 100
>Awareness 100
>Common Lore (Rogue Traders) 100
>Renowned Warrant 200
>Weapon Skill 100
>ntelligence if they won't 100

Not sure if we took
>>
>>1194478
>Fellowship 250
>Ciphers (Rogue Trader) 100 Skill
>Command +10 200 Skill
>Common Lore (Veiled Regions) 200 Skill
>Iron Discipline 200 Talent (steels the will of your men)
>Deceive 200 Skill

For 1150. Gives us a boost to our ability as a commander, extra info to help with our conquests in the veiled region, and a little more flexibility in negotiations and the like.
>>
>>1194532
We can only take them once?
>>
>>1194542

At that level yes. What it means is we move to the next tier of upgrades so for another +5, it'll cost more exp. In this case for fellowship, it will be 500 exp
>>
>>1194542
Every time you increase an attribute, it gets more expensive to increase. Once you increase it 4 times, it caps out.
>>
>>1194563

So it's 250 at this rank correct?
>>
>>1194478
Charm +10 200 Skill
Command +10 200 Skill
Iron Discipline 200 Talent (steels the will of your men)
Jaded 200 Talent
Forbidden Lore (Xenos) 200 Skill

Jaded and other talents which resist fear are really useful.
>>
File: Untitled.png (191KB, 1090x277px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
191KB, 1090x277px
>>1194572

We've taken 100 and 250 levels already.
>>
>>1194534
>>Ciphers (Rogue Trader) 100 Skill
>>Command +10 200 Skill
>>Common Lore (Veiled Regions) 200 Skill
>>Iron Discipline 200 Talent (steels the will of your men)
>>Deceive 200 Skill
>Jaded 200
>Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader) 100 Skill

Revised
>>
>>1194478
>>1194478
>Charm +10 200 Skill
>Command +10 200 Skill
>Common Lore (Veiled Regions) 200 Skill (or Deceive, I'm torn between the two)
>Jaded 200
>Forbidden Lore (Xenos) 200 Skill
>Iron Discipline 200
>>1194594 basically this but spending the full 1200
>>
>>1194762
I vote for this
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>1194594
>>1194762
I will support this addition.

Both are good though, common lore and deceive.

Rollin'
1) Common Lore (Veiled Regions)
2) Deceive
>>
>>1194762
>>1195369
>>1195375
Updated. Need a day off from this one before we continue. Still running the other quest today, to anyone who's interested: >>1197062
Thread posts: 558
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.