[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dungeon Builder Quest #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: DbQuest.png (22KB, 156x262px) Image search: [Google]
DbQuest.png
22KB, 156x262px
You are Debbie, the Dungeon Builder. It´s been a quite interesting time since you finished your training as a Dungeon Master and decided to work on your own, instead of being a servant to one of those edgy Dark Lord wannabes, and have been doing a pretty good job at it. In fact, you recently beat your first adventurer! Even if he was enough of a pushover to be beaten by your slime dragon. Oh well, at least you stole his shitty gear to sell later.

Last thing you did before deciding to take a nap in the temple to the Old Gods you found in a underground cave system was... well, find a underground cave system beneath your dungeon, and renovate the temple with your cheap skeleton workforce. But as you finished working and went to sleep, something stirred deep in the dungeon...

Perhaps you should...
>[] Go to sleep anyways.
>[] Set the skeletons to guard you. You need to be safe, you aren´t in control of this whole place yet.
>[] Retreat to the upper floor of the dungeon and pray that thing doesnt follow you
>[] Other: Write-In?
>>
>>116576
>[] Set the skeletons to guard you. You need to be safe, you aren´t in control of this whole place yet.
>>
>>116576
>Set the skeletons to guard you. You need to be safe, you aren´t in control of this whole place yet.
>>
>>116576
>>
>>116576
>[] Set the skeletons to guard you. You need to be safe, you aren´t in control of this whole place yet
>>
Writing/Drawing!
>>
File: Nothingcangetmehere.png (49KB, 412x240px) Image search: [Google]
Nothingcangetmehere.png
49KB, 412x240px
You decide against retreating, because that´s for cowards, and politely ask your skeletons to please protect you from the big mean unknowable wild monsters. N-not like you are scared or anything. You just want some extra safety, just in case you know...

The skeletons agree that it´s best to stay alert and make a circle around you. Well, they try to, at least, since you only have two of them. Weird, you swear there were more before, but there´s surely no meaning to that.

While you´re shivering in the corner trying to calm yourself, the cavern walls begin to shake, as does... everything else in the cavern. You weren´t aware this place had any risk of earthquakes, but at least you dont look like you´re shaking anymore. Because everything is.

Even your shoggoth seems to be uneasy, althrough it´s hard to say, since it´s a shoggoth, but you´re pretty sure that´s his "uneasy face", wherever the face is. If whatever´s down there can scare this abomination, it ought to be really dangerous. You might have been better off walling this place and getting the fuck out, but it´s too late for that, as a cave-in disconnects you from the rest of your dungeon. Well, that´s NOT very convenient. You´re going to have to work hard to remove the rubble blocking you from the rest of the dungeon, but will you be able to do that while avoiding the unseen threath?

>[] Disregard possibly deadly threat, continue building. Fortify this position.
>[] Try to get that extremely dangerous beast thing to join you. Maybe it´ll make a good dungeon boss!
>[] Remove the rubble as far as your two little arms and magic shovel can. Get the shoggoth to help.
>[] Other: Write-in?
>>
>>116710
Dig a hole, have the skeletons put a tarp over with some dirt until the monster leaves and your safe.
>>
>>116739
But what if the monster tracks by smell?
Its very likly as we are underground and sight is useless in the dark
>>
I would say to build fortifications, but focus on offensive magic traps and such
The rumblerling might be because of a burrowing creature
>>
>>116710
>[x] Disregard possibly deadly threat, continue building. Fortify this position.
>>
We have a tie! I´ll wait for like 5 minutes and then just randomly decide one with dice.
I might have to end quest today earlier than i thought sadly, but i´ll try to keep it up as long as i can!
>>
>>116868
>[] Set the skeletons to guard you. You need to be safe, you aren´t in control of this whole place yet
>>
>>116874
That was not the question of the last post though. That´s what we already did.
>>
>>116874
Oops
>[] Disregard possibly deadly threat, continue building. Fortify this position
>>
>>116739
This!
>>
How did we manage to tie inmediately after tiebreaking.
Anyways, rolling dice and writing.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>116920
Cool dice man
Here let me roll for you
>>
File: Weintroublenow.png (26KB, 130x255px) Image search: [Google]
Weintroublenow.png
26KB, 130x255px
>Fortify this position
You decide it´s no use shivering in a corner while everything is getting fucked, and declare this monster a threath to the stability of your dungeon! He must be slain!

But first you´ll... fortify this position. You do not want to get killed, of course. You do not respawn like those weak monsters, you can actually die, and that´d be horrible. You start to build a rectangular wall, with the entrance to your front and away from the rubble pile blocking the door, and place your skeletons outside. After all, 6 eyes see better than two!
" We don´t have eyes miss DB "
Well, okay, but 3 people see more than one.
You decide to...
>[] Summon more monsters to defend you
>[] Ride the shoggoth into battle, have the skeletons provide backup
>[]Other: Write-in?
>>116934
i use actual dice. On my table.
>>
>>116951
>[ x ] Summon more monsters to defend you

>i use actual dice. On my table.
That's what I thought.
>>
>>116951
>[X] Summon more monsters to defend you
>>
Writing!
>>
File: Floormaster.png (26KB, 190x178px) Image search: [Google]
Floormaster.png
26KB, 190x178px
You decide you need to sumon more monsters to take care of this issue, and considering the circumstances, you do something an "ethical" Dungeon Master would never do in the first dungeon.

You summon a Floormaster. Floormasters are one of the most disgusting enemies an adventurer can encounter. They pop up from the ground with a loud "WRYYYYYYYYYYY" and have killed more than one adventurer with a heart attack just from that infernal sound, but that´s not their main danger. When they grab an adventurer, they don´t kill him, oh, no, they throw him back at the start of a dungeon, and all of your minions respawn. These fuckers are also really hard to kill, so you might be able to use them as meatshields if the monster is very tough. BUT, you should be able to use them to send that monster somewhere else, probably...
>[] Deeper into the cave system, where he wont bother you
>[] To the nearby village. Let them deal with that shit.
>[] To your former Dungeon Master school
>[] Other: Write-in?
>>
>>117053
Try to recruit it if its hostile have the floormaster pop up behind it and send it to the village.
>>
>>117053
>[ x ] Other: Write-in?

High into the air; hopefully it'll fall down hard.
>>
>>117053
To the village ! If we are evil, more adventurers will come to defeat us and we'll get more stuff.
>>
>>117053
>[X] Try to recruit it. If it's hostile then have the floormaster cross it to your former Dungeon Master school
They can handle it.
>>
>>117053
>[] To the nearby village. Let them deal with that shit.

Sounds like it solves multiple problems.
It should attract adventurers, while not eating us at the moment.
>>
>>117091
I second this
>>
So i guess it´s seeing if it´s hostile and if it is just send it to the village?
Okay, well...
you might have just crossed the moral event horizon further than i expected you to this early.
Writing.
>>
Aaaand, like it couldnt be more inconvenient, i have to end the thread early.
Goddamit. I´m really sorry guys.
>>
>>117177
Awww
>>117213
Now im sad
>>
>>117213
Don't worry about it.

Any idea when you'll be back and we should check the thread again?
>>
>>117292
I´m not really sure, since I have my graduation tomorrow and all that jazz, and I have classes on every day from next week until my University Acess exams, but i´ll try to run the quest when I can.
>>
>>117307
Best of luck then. I know you'll do a good job on your exams. Better than me, certainly
>>
>>117307
Good luck man

>>118473
Can I just make an off-topic comment here about how much I love /qst/ already? There aren't many boards that have anons this friendly
>>
>>126571
I mean, I used to browse /v/ till I got sick of the ridiculous shitposting, so now I do my best to be nice to people here.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.