[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meta thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

>What sort of quests would you like to see more of?

Personally historical shit gives me the biggest boner. Pic related is about the thirty years war.

And I would make one too, if it werent for my inability to type faster.
>>
File: Voodoo Stab.gif (118KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Voodoo Stab.gif
118KB, 200x200px
>>1160123
Voodoo themed quests. It's underrated and necromancy is done to death.
>>
>>1160123
Crime is my thing.
>>
>>1160148
Agreed on the necromancy, dear lord. Classic witch shit or tortuga voodoo pirates would be dope

>>1160198
Evil games are always fun.
>>
>>1160123
ay boy typing speed don't mean shit
i'd play a historical quest any day over anime shit
pls do run
>>
>>1160123
Historical, or alt-history are always good, so whatever you choose try to redact it for /qst/.

The only thing that I want, almost always, is the option to alter the history. If we can´t influence or simply change the circunstances for [Insert historical event], then better try a fantasy one.

Use the fucking dice this time
>>
>>1160123
I'd love to run a Medieval VtM quest but I'm far too engrossed in world building to work on plot.
>>
Something that's not fanfiction or alternate history; something that people can't just look up on Google and meta through.
We aren't fanfiction.net, this is /qst/.
>>
i just want less thinly veiled ERP quests.
or players just to stop thinking with their dicks.
and no evolution quests, they have been done to death.
and for OPs to actually finish quests when they start getting tired of doing them..
>>
>>1163329
The thing is, the majority of people here like to self insert, and thus there will be lots of dick-thinking and face punching decision making.
I am one of the few who hates this line of thought; it seems to limit QMs to writing their main character as a single archetype, rather than what they want to write.
>>
>>1160123
A pirate quest where we don't become the good guy.
>>
>>1163344
i think quests should start with a basic character set, and a few traits can be picked.
>>
>>1160123
Agreed. I think that 1500-1800 European-ish settings are underdone as quests.

Evil quests quickly become 'shades of grey' quests very quickly in my opinion. People don't like playing an uncaring ruthless bastard all of the time.
>>
more people writing what they like instead of complaining about what other people like
>>
A Star Wars quest where we start out as a force sensitive outside of any Force using organization and try to gain original insights into the Force and forge our own philosophy. Not a Jedi, Sith, Gray Jedi, or anything else that already exists. Yes, I know there are already like five quests set in the Star Wars universe currently active or dying slow deaths, but they're all reusing extant concepts.

A quest set between 200 BC and 150 BC in a fledgling empire similar to a young Rome with native gods actively helping mortals fight off an invasion from Lovecraftian "gods" and aliens.

The same as above, but set between 600 AD and 850 AD in the Frankish kingdom/empire and no gods to help the humans, just boatloads of arcane magic.

The same as above, but set between 1100 AD and 1300 AD in the Holy Roman Empire and likewise with asstons of arcane magic.
>>
>>1160123
Pretty much this

I miss crusader quest
>>
>>1163484
Many times what people like to write isn't what gets players to participate, due to the majority being interested in a specific set of character and setting traits.

If players would be open minded, instead of immediately hand-waving something as boring or shit, then there probably would be a lot less complaining about what other people like. Cause and effect; people only seem to look at the effects, rather than the cause.
>>
>>1160516
If your world building is good enough then the plot just happens naturally when you expose players to it. Just like ttrpg, writing plots is pointless. Make a hook, a couple of NPCs and see what happens.
>>
>>1163764
>it's not my fault people don't like the things I write

come now m8, anything can be good
>>
>>1160123
Original non-weeb/or based off something

There are too many quests that are in their 25+ thread, that shit drives away players
>>
>>1163790
Most 'original' ideas are blatant rip offs or just mish-mashes of other shit though.
>>
>>1163794
Mish Mashes are still better than the same weeb quest over and over again imo
>>
>>1163796
The only person I can think of who really does the same thing over and over is Somnius

are you sure you're not just going "oh, it's weeb, it must suck"

like a lot of people do with OC. Most OC has a problem of trying to be way too fucking grandiose. hey guys, here's my take on a magic-knight steampunk post apocalypse.

It's hot garbage most of the time. Somnius is a different kind of garbage, as is the magical girl and other weeb stuff, but people going into it expecting some shittiness. It really seems like because people think they're putting their 'soul' into something it's automatically better.
>>
File: NapaFighters.jpg (133KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
NapaFighters.jpg
133KB, 1024x578px
I want Takistan Quest to come back.

Guerilla Insurgency management in a conflict zone. Partisan/Sectarian violence.

Maybe I should try to make Chernarus Quest. There's a Nationalist Insurgent group, sorta reminiscent of shit like Azov Batallion and maybe with some Arkan's Tigers thrown in from the Arma 2 campaign that I could definitely imagine being some fun.
>>
>>1163817
Takistan quest is fucking dope. Shame its not on suptg
>>
>>1163767
The problem is that it's VtM medieval. You're going to have to do some job for someone or you'll be hoboing around. The player is also expected to live to see several of the important event in the world of darkness and I'm sure they'd try to find a way to kill steal one of the 3rd generation diablerie that happens during the period.
>>
>>1163817
oh yeah, Takistan is the only conventional quest that keeps my interest no matter how long it goes.

Or should I put that in past tense? He ran a thread a few weeks back but then didn't double down on it
>>
>>1164123
Oh damn. Do you have an archive link of it or something?

I honestly never actually posted or watched any threads in /qst/ before I saw that one. Loved Arma 2 and the settings of both campaigns, so it was a natural fit. The detail he put into it also helped alot.
>>
>>1160123
Monstergirls.
>>
>>1160123
Original content.
>>
>>1160123
I miss Byzantine quest.
>>
>>1163764
I disagree, since I've followed every alchemist, and every sky pirate/floating island quest.

Fuckers just flake out, all but one of them. I even go out of my way to TELL them that they can't sustain the level of bookeeping they want without burning out, and they refuse to listen just as they make rookie QM mistakes.
>>
>>1168316
There needs to be a level of moderation.
>>
>>1160198
Tbh (actual real-life types) crime is hard to display for me, it's doable don't get me wrong, but real crime takes such detail for such complex issues that having players vote on actions either feels railroady as shit, or they just lolrandumb it
>>
>>1163801
Som is consistently managing numerous stories, with one up every other day. Their writing is efficient for action-heavy story telling and has enough nuance to avoid being typical and bland.

When I ran Warden of Two Worlds, I could hardly do three major updates a day; I'm still stalling to find time for another run, whereas Somnius can handle DB Quest, EB Quest and is starting up Spirit Detective as well, not to mention the stories they've already ran to completion.

That's pretty rare around here.

Som's got a level of dedication that more authors here should strive towards.

None of Som's stories are trash. Until we see you putting out as much content as they do, you should use your ass for shitting instead of your mouth.
>>
>>1160123
MC is a Regular Person™ in a changed world. Zombie Apocalypse, Alien Invasion, all adults dead, every other male dead, etc.

I was thinking of a quest where some guy hates teenagers and transports everyone agreed 13-19 to a copy of the Earth. Like in that YJ episode, except w/o the preteens. Don't want to deal with dead babies.
>>
>>1184212
>aged 13-19*
>>
I'm kicking off a new tribal quest at the end of this week - verylow-fantasy prehistoric tribe management civ quest. Sounds like there might be some interest here?

I'm just waiting until I have some time and drawing up some background stats to help prep mechanics that are sure to arise.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.