[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Station Quest: Prolouge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Space_Station.jpg (90KB, 990x604px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Station.jpg
90KB, 990x604px
It is the distant future, mankind has put their differences aside to work as one and breached the very borders of their own solar system. Humans have spread all across the Universe building colonies and research stations. You yourself have been assigned to one such Research Station, "The Internatiol Science Station Byzantium" just today you started working there and your shuttle is about to close in on the landing dock, the shuttle is crowded all sorts of people are on it, they all have the nation they're from sewn onto the shoulder of their different coloured overalls. You shift in your seat, breathing the fabricated air in and out of your lungs, you can hear people talking in all sorts of languages around you. Finally your shuttle comes to a stop, you realse your seatbelt and gather your belongings a wide line has been formed infront of the exit. With the noise of escaping air the shuttle doors open giving you a glipse of the large Hangar of the Facility. One after another steps forward and goes to a check where their bags are being searched and their ID's validated. You walk over to one of these Checkpoints, a short-black haired woman sits behind the counter smiling at you. "Welcome to Byzantium, this is a routine check so I will just need you to answer a few basic questions." the woman presses something on her holo-screen and then slides it to you." Please answer them throughly."

The questions on the Screen are as follows
>Name and Place of Birth
>Previous occupation
>Name any chronic diseases or allergies
>Enter Physical Description
>>
File: crosby4.jpg (234KB, 675x750px) Image search: [Google]
crosby4.jpg
234KB, 675x750px
>>1148930
>Nolan Tindal; San Deigo, CA
>Doctor
>Allergy: Shrimp
>Skin color: tan white
>Body type: Athletic medium build
>Hair: Short dark brown
Something similar to the picture
>>
>>1148955
As you are done putting your information into the Holo-Screen the woman slides it back to herself and then hands you over a set of Pamphlets all of them seem to be directed towards saftey on the Station, Overall Colours and the Jobs they implement and Station Rules and regulations. The woman points over to a large door with two men in Grey Uniforms and Assault Rifles are standing infront of. "That'd be all Mister...Tindal, enjoy your time in Byzantium. Through that door you will enter the unload area, it connects right into the Security Rooms once you make it through there you'll pass the dining area, take a left and make sure you turn right after that, you'll find your living quarters there. Next to the crew quarters is the Medical Wing, someone will pick you up in the morning and assign you to your workplace." You leave the main hangar and pass through the door with the guards. They seem to eye your every step. On top of a catwalk is a large wrinkled man smoking an electronic cigarette, which are used to help people addicted to cigars to cure their addiction, he pays you not much attention but does not seem to move his hand from the holster on his belt. You enter the security area and again hear voices all over, people discussing in all forms of language and gestures as they make their way into the security office. As the length of the line decreases you can see people being patted down and scanned surely this is all routine. As your turn comes you step infront of the Security Officer. "Sir would you please raise your arms and spread your legs?"

>Refuse to obey
>Follow the orders
>>
>>1149013
>Follow the orders
>>
>>1149036
You reach out your arms to each side and wide your legs, and proceed to let the guard pat you down and inspect your clothing. You continue your way through basic security checks and leave the Security Sector, it is filled with armed personnel and locked rooms, interogation rooms and posters informing everyone of Workplace Safety. You proceed forward and stop to remember where the Checkin Lady told you to go, you look down to see two lines on the floor a red one which reads, "Air Control" and a blue one that reads "Dining Hall".

>Follow the Red Line
>Follow the Blue Line
>>
>>1149051
>Follow the Blue Line
time for food and a bit of socializing.
>>
>>1149054
You follow the Blue Line to a large Dining Hall it is well visited, there are many tables full of people wearing all sorts of different Overalls each using a specific colour to show their Job on the Byzantium. You walk over to the Counter where a big woman is handing out food to the station crew. The tasteful smell of cooked meat and vegtebales fills your nose but also another smell one you cannot stand at all, shrimps. They seem to have a rich sortiment of food around here, you grab a tray and move forward in line as it is your turn the lady leans over the counter. "Ah, no Overall, huh? New around here ain't ya? I'm Carla, I manage the Kitchen around here. So honey what can I get you? We have Steak and Potatoes, Pasta, Pizza, roasted pork, roast beef, corned beef, broccli salad, peas, beans. Whatever you like honey, we got it to offer here.

>What would you like to eat?
>>
>>1149074
>roasted pork with sautéed vegetables
>>
>>1149095
You order your food and Carla takes your tray, she leaves for a second to return with the food the rich smell makes your mouth water with excitement. You take the tray and turn around there aren't any tables empty at all. There is are 4 which seem to have spaces available, the first one is filled with people wearing labcoats and dark red overalls, another ones is filled with people with dirty dark green overalls, the third one is filled with people wearing Grey Uniforms military caps and berets and vests, and the fourth one is filled with people in yellow overalls.

>Sit at the Red Table
>Sit at the Green Table
>Sit at the Grey Table
>Sit at the Yellow table
>>
>>1149113
>Sit at the Red Table
>>
>>1149119
You sit down on the table with the people in red overalls, no one pays you much attention, they all seem to be drawn to a bald man with dark skin in a labcoat talking about something. They all seem to listen quite carefully. He stops talking and looks at you for a second."Excuse me, I seem to have not recognized that we have a new face in our round. You don't seem to have an Overall sir, have you arrived today?"
>>
>>1149200
>"Yes. I just got here. I'm Nolan Tindal, previously a doctor from San Deigo. Nice to meet you all.
>>
>>1149241
The Man gives you a warm smile" Well I am pleased to see a new addition to our team, I am Samuel Uhgabe, Head Doctor in the Byzantium Clinic, what do you said you were from San Diego, I haven't been back on earth in while say was the world doing before you left? Any news you'd like to share?"
>>
>>1149283
>"Aw, well, there's nothing really important happening. The typical bureaucracy infighting, corporations trying to outsell each other. The same old stuff though I heard the Lunar citizens are trying to gain independence. I don't think it will happen but we'll see in the future.
>>
>>1149335
The man looks at you and nods"Well good to hear not much has changed but, if you excuse me it is almost curfew hour and I need to head to my quarters you should do the same, your room number should be available if you check your ID card. If you're a Medical Staff Member then I'm sure there will be a labcoat and a Red Overall, I expect to see you tomorrow Mr.Tindal things are always busy on the Byzantium. Doctor Rodriguez handles most new comers. He points over to a man sitting on the end of the table on the oppisite site of you, and he waves at you. From the Flag on his Labcoat you can see he is from a colony because none of the Earthen Flags remind you of the one he has. The people stand up and put their trays and dishes away. Heading in unicen to the exit. You finish your meal and stand up. Almost anyone has left the Dining room and the you can hear clanking and splashing behind the Caferteria counter, as you make your way to the exit a man blocks your path. It is the same man with the electronic cigar in his mouth that you've seen in the Hangar. His grey uniform is dirty and he takes off his cap to reveal his shaven head. "What are you doing here past curfew without your overall, buddy?" he moves his electronic cigar and gives you a cold stare. "Making trouble, trying to steal some slices of pie or something?" He moves closer to you. "Where is your quarters, what's your unit? Where is your overall. You better answer me or I'm gonna get unlikeable."
>>
>>1149377
>Show our ID
>Say we were about to go to our room and get our overall
>>
>>1149419
He snatches he card out of your hand. and examines it. "Alright, but every idiot can copy ID Cards nowadays," He looks at the room number on the back of the ID card. "Alright Mister Tindal...why don't I follow you to your quarters. and we'll see if you're not lying, move!". he gestures to the exit and you begin to make your way to the Living Quarters. The man in grey stops as you both reach a door with the number "177a" on it. He tells you to open it using your ID card, by sliding it through a card reader on the side of the the wall next to the door. He looks disappointed as the door opens" Alright. buddy. But if I see you walking without your ID or your Overall, I have you in the Brig faster than you can blink." with that said he makes his way down the hallway and leaves you behind.
You enter the room, and feel comfortable, the room isn't anything out of the ordinary but it'll do . On the bed you find a Labcoat and a dark red overall, you put it on a black leather couch on the side of the room and and sit down on the bed.
>>
>>1151225

>Unpack
>>
>>1151514
You unpack your luggage and store your clothes and various other personal objects into drawers, cupboards and shelfs. You lay down on the comfy bed and begin to feel sleepy it doesn't take long before you fall into a deep slumber.

You are woken by a person knocking repeatedly on your door, you have no idea how long you slept or what time it is, there is a small clock on a table next to the bed, but instead of showing time, at it says is "Working". You stand up and walk towards the door. You open the door to find, Doctor Rodriguez the man you were introduced to yesterday. "Good Morning, Doctor Tindal. I hope you had a good sleep, I'm Doctor Emanuel Sawyer Rodriguez, I specefice in BioTech here on the Byzantium. I was assigned by Doctor Uhgabe to show you around the station, that is if you want to. We could also just get to the Medicial Wing and start working." The small tan skinned man looks on at your clothing. "Oh and of course don't forget your Work clothes. They are essential on the Byzantium. I will wait here for when you're ready." You nod and rub the sleep out of your eyes then you close the door and move over to the overall and the labcoat sitting on the end of the bed.
>>
>>1151528
>get dressed
>take a tour, might be our only chance for some time.
>>
>>1151528
Yes, get the tour, learn the layout.
>>
File: Clinic.jpg (131KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Clinic.jpg
131KB, 900x506px
>>1151543
>>1151539

You get dressed the clothing feels quite comfortable and you have no problem fitting into them. You open the door again and Doctor Rodriguez ask you if you have decided already. You tell him that you would like a tour of the ship. "Splendid!" , he exclaims "Follow me then I'll take your around the station. Making your way down the Hallway and to the right you leave the Crew Quarters, on your way you pass by all sorts of people from all sorts of nationalities and origins. While walking at a slow pace, Doc. Rodriguez points over to green door with a white writing on it, you see a man and a woman walking out of the room both wearing dark green overalls and utility belts with assorted tools. "This is the Maintence Wing. Over here are all the Stations mechanics that require steady maintance, the maintance staff is doing their job well so far. They repair broken or damaged equipment, develop machinery or tools and keep this station running." The next door you pass is a yellow door you see a woman with a hard hat entering. "That is the Construction Wing." Doctor Rodriguez infroms you. "The staff over here handles all construction needs around the Byzantium, whether it is renovation or building a new Quarter Wing. They'll be assigned to do it." You walk through a long corridor with people in black Overalls, many of them have headsets and are sitting behind Holo-Screen Computers. "This is the Adminstration Wing, they handle things such as funding, communitacting with clients, intel work that sort of thing." You keep going until you find yourself a loading area. A man with a white overall is operating a Forklift to lift boxes. "This is the Loading area, all things we need land here and are being transported through out the ship. That over there is Zeni Tschakovik, he is the Logistics Supervisor." He gestures over to a man with a Thick blonde beard giving instructions to the man on the Forklift.
" Alright this is all the time we have for the basic tour. If you want you can always slide your ID through one of the computers on board to acess the maps and information menu. But follow me we need to get to the clinic." Doctor Rodriguez waddles forward and you both arrive at a dark red door with a white cross on it. "This is the clinic, come on in I'll show you around." As you walk into the Medical Wing you can see all sorts of medical technology in working. As you look to your left you can see a man getting a prothestic robotic arm, and to your left you see a woman getting a wound stitched by a robot nurse. Clearly this is a busy place. As you walk you suddenly come to a stop and Doc. Rodriguez is reaching for something in his pocket. "Hold on a minute, " he pulls out a small device out of his pocket and holds it to his ear. "Ah huh...right now? How bad is it...well that's not too bad...can't Muramasa fit in for me? Alright I'll be there in a minute. Alright Doctor Tindal, it seems like we've just got handed down our first patient follow me.
>>
your english is not perfect, also don't capitalize food names
>>
>>1151697
I is not native speaker, I of apologize
>>
>>1151688
>Follow him while making small talk
>>
>>1151715
I actually didn't notice besides a few spelling mistakes.

Keeping tabs.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.