[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rtq/- Rogue Trader Quest Chapter 3: The Imperium-Collective War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 844
Thread images: 15

Discord- https://discord.gg/jPpUJms
Pastebin (READ THIS)- http://pastebin.com/wcrRnqJv
Prevous Thread- >>1117792

You are Alexander Pallas of House Pallas, an ancient, struggling Rogue Trader dynasty that has now started to establish a demesne in the Veiled Regions, beginning by leveraging the Othhaw system away from the grasp of the heretical Collective into the Imperium. They did not take well to this, and dispatched their entire navy to reclaim the system.

It's been three days since you repulsed the forces of the Collective from the Othhaw system, having captured two of their eight ships. Most of the passing days have been spent on tour of Othhaw itself, celebrating your victory over the forces of the tyrannical Collective for the glory of the God-Emperor of Mankind. Your aides have been spending time interrogating the captured prisoners for information on the Collective's holdings.

Currently, you are in the mezzanine above the Hall of the Ancestors, enjoying a finely-aged Othhite drink made from a local fungus while looking at the painting of your great-great-great-great grandfather. One of your menial servitors has a stack of reports from the interrogations of the enemy ratings, neatly divided by topic.

>Read report on system holdings

>Read report on political structure

>Read report on technological capabilities

>Read report on pre-crime department
>>
>>1140574
>>
>>1140574
>>
>>1140574
>>Read report on technological capabilities
>>
>>1140574
>>Read report on political structure
>>
>>1140581
>>1140584
>>1140591
The technologies of the Collective seem to be typically schizoid for an isolate branch of Mankind. Their weapons technology appears to be primarily blackpowder-based and primitive: even basic laser weaponry is advanced to them. Their mastery of bionics is... middling. While they lack many of the truly impressive implants of the Mechanicus, in terms of direct-replacements, they have quite sophisticated cyber-limbs and organs. Where they verge into heresy, according to a note by your Genetor-Chirugeon, is in their mastery of gene-forging. The use of clone-vats to grow replacement limbs and organs in unsanctioned manners is commonplace; as is, apparently, the creation of gholams: vat-born monsters in the shape of man made by the deepest arts of the flesh-shaper. Fortunately, it seems that only Ambria itself produces gholams in any major scale.

Furthermore, according to this report, their tech-heresy does not stop there: they appear to use the art of the gene-forge to... BREED psykers: vat-growing new psykers from the flesh of the old. Through this, they have amassed a force of pre-cognitive psykers (with a telepathic relief force) that, if they were all united as one mind, could possibly rival the hated Eldar in terms of predictive power and horrible influence (see: 'Pre-Crime Department')

Their void-craft technology is mostly a blind stumble, using the maimed STC of their planet's space-station to mindlessly re-create craft-patterns. Occasionally, they might find a drifting ship and use the directions of the STC to repair it.

Fortunately, it seems that their STC's machine-spirit has witheld the secret of warp travel and plasma power from them: instead, they use their own developed "slipstream" technology: a primitive FTL device that, while more 'reliable', is on average ten times slower than a Warp-Jump across the same space, and use unsophisticated dual-fission power instead. This has forced them to adapt to the distances of the void (see 'Political Structure') in terms of logistics, although their psykers allow them to engage in a debased mockery of the Astropathic Network for FTL communication.

>Put aside report and speak to an officer (which one?)

>Contact Sigurn and check Astropathic messages from out-of-system.

>Contact your comms-servitor and check for vox-messages.

>Write-In
>>
>>1140574
>>Read report on pre-crime department

I want this thing working so bad
>>
>>1140627
>>
>>1140627

man, that gene and cyber tech will be very valuable to breed mercenary legions

Let's try again, this will be our anti-chaos unit
>>
>>1140627

in these orders.
>>
>>1140627
>>Read report on system holdings
>>
>>1140640
>>1140639
>>1140638
>>1140633
The Pre-Crime Department and Founder's Revolutionary Guard are the twin pillars of the Collective's government. the Pre-Crime Department function as a predictive agency, using the powers of gene-forged, vat-grown precognitives (see "Technological Capabilities") to detect future events and plan against them. Despite the obvious advantages of, say, the use of precognition to predict grain harvests and weather patterns (as we do in the Imperium), the overwhelming focus of the Pre-Crime Department, as the name suggests, is the prediction of criminal activity or insurrectionist plots and the subsequent imprisonment or execution of subjects before the act itself is committed.

The abilities of the precogs are improved by the use of tech-heresy: a central cognitive interlinkage that "networks" the brains together into a single unit. In order to minimize the risks of Warp interference (which they recognize as a phenomena, but do not appear to fully understand), the Collective keeps their pre-crime precogs in nutrient vats, suspended in a permanent vegetative state wherein their powers can be manipulated by machine input. These vat-born psy-gholams are without limbs or sensory organs: existing only to forecast, little more than servitors. All other precogs that are naturally born in the Collective are harvested for gene-material and killed.

The fact that this is done is a secret, existing at the highest levels of the Collective government, with all ordinary citizens fed disinformation about nonexistant "statistical modeling" being used by the Pre-Crime Department. The creation of these psy-gholams is a violation of countless articles of the Creed and the Lex Imperialis that maintaining this practice will likely end in us all executed.

In comparison, the Founder's Guard is a quite simple organization, utilizing elite soldiers from their traditional military that undergo a series of psycho-surgeries to render them without personality and easily manipulated by telepaths (the only kind of psychic that are allowed independent function, although they to are psy-gholams, albeit non-mutilated).

>Write-In
>>
>>1140823
>>
>>1140823
>>
>>1140823

The ability to control psyker via machinery is tempting indeed, all the benefits and none of the pesky free will, the fuckers even managed a way to reduce warp dangers

>>
>>1140823
>>
>>1140823

So their society is basically Psycho-Pass except 40k, Sev?
>>
>>1140826
>>1140846
>>1140848
The political structure of the Collective is typical for a state of its kind: central planned economy, authoritarian state, outlawing of religion combined with a personality cult centered around a mythical leader figure: nothing at all like the Imperium, but with certain values that let it be easily turned towards our own purposes...

>Speak to Governor Karlyle

>Speak to another ship (which one?)

>Order your ship to prepare for warp-jump to another star in the sub-sector

>Write-In
>>
>>1140873
>>
>>1140873
>>
>>1140873
>>
>>1140873

Man with how the pre-crime unit runs afoul of so many tenants of imperial law, we're gonna need to bring in the =][= on this.

I say we should send a message to them with regards to what we've found on this frontier. We're definitely gonna be getting some hereticus inquisitors interested.
>>
>>1140906

before they come we have to copy every and all knowledge about it so we can recreate it if they deem it too heretical to use even for the benefit of the imperium and the eradication of chaos
>>
>>1140911
we are not doing that buddy
it all has to burn
>>
>>1140911
>dabbling in tech heresy after it has been proscribed

That is a one-way express ticket to getting blammed.
>>
>>1140932
>>1140940
risk it my friends

what's a rogue trader without heresy here and there? cmon!
>>
>>1140878
>>1140897
>>1140898
The holdings of the Collective, it turns out, are ten systems de jure: including Othhaw, only four are inhabited, and only three of those are inhabited by humans. A crude star-map pulled from their ship's pseudo-cogitators displays the names of the Collective's claims, although the ratings were ignorant of most things beyond whether or not a system was inhabited, and all officers who WOULD have known were Founder's Guard.

-"The Black Jaws"

-"North Exclusion Zone"

-"Founder's Eye"

-"Claim" (Inhabited)

-"X-58"

-"Ambaria" (Collective Capital System)

-"Othhaw" (current location)

-"Point Alpha"

-"Frontier Gemini"

-"Androx" (Androxian system)

>Speak to Governor Karlyle

>Speak to another ship (which one?)

>Order your ship to prepare for warp-jump to another star in the sub-sector

>Write-In
>>
>>1140951

>Then check out of system messages.
>>
>>1140951

Let's check the voice mail

>>
>>1140951
>>Contact your comms-servitor and check for vox-messages.
>>
>>1140946
>t. Daemon.

+++THOUGHT FOR THE DAY+++

+++The heretic shall reap as he sown - the bitter harvest of vengeance and death.+++
>>
>>1140951
>>
>>1140951
>>
>>1140951
>>Contact Sigurn and check Astropathic messages from out-of-system.
>>Contact your comms-servitor and check for vox-messages.

Voice mail
>>
>>1140996
>>1140989
>>1140978
>>1140960
>>1140963
>>1140956
but have we set it up?
>>
>>1140969

Can't deny it, I'm in love with the possibilities, would certanly be tempted by the control and manipulation daemons of Tzeentch.
I want to make a good case for this tech heresy for pratical reasons but I know that having adevice that tells us when chaos worshipers pop up would make things too easy hehehe

Do you guys think that the emergence of chaos cults on this planet and the disabling of the pre-crime unit was a coincidence?
>>
>>1141006
It could just as easily have been one of our soldiers on the ground. With the Imperium of Man comes those who worship the Dark Gods in secret.
>>
>>1141006
What's this guy's deal?
>>
>>1141001

You have reached the personal vox Servitor on Lord-Captain Alexander Rupert Benjamin Albus Blanc Pallas, Rogue Trader, Peer of the Imperium, Liberator of Othhaw. His most dashing excellency is unwilling to take your call right now. To leave a message, please burn Standard 2 incense (MED), recite the Canticle of Message Leaving and have your Astropath send the message: "2". To end this call, wait till astropath's head has exploded.
>>
>>1140956
>>1140960
>>1140963
>>1140978
>>1140989
>>1140996
"Sigurn, this is your Captain speaking. What is the news from outside of the system?"

"Well..."

Roll 1d100: first two results apply.
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>1141021
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>1141015

I actually rather suspect "The Bloody Brotherhood".

>The Bloody Brotherhood: A group of ex-gangers from a dozen hives united as a vicious ambush regiment. They use proscribed augmentation methods to enhance their forces, and have long ago forsaken any semblance of loyalty to the Creed for the almighty Throne. They serve you because no one else can buy their loyalty: for now.

No loyalty to the Imperium and basically sounds like a khornate cult.

>>1141021
rolling
>>
>>1141016
Chaos, haven't you picked up already?
>>
>>1141015
>>1141021

But that is plausible as fuck, the pre-crime division could have easely prevented this system from plunging into chaos for so long, specialy since they dable in psyker powers without care, the only way they could prevent a chaos incursion would be by knowing it beforehand.

I think the inquisition will deem it as extremelly heretuc as fuck and use it indiscriminally to further their goals, because there is no one more heretic than the inquisition.
>>
>>1141023
>>1141024
"The Merchant's Guild is upset. One of their merchant ships appears to have been raided on its way to its port. Pirates. Headed this way. The Veiled Regions call to more than just merchants.

>NUISANCE: Opportunistic Raiders are starting to set up shop in your sector (or possibly were here the whole time). Their raids are impacting your bottom-line. Their attacks for now seem to be small-time: not much more than an annoyance for you now.

>1 Profit lost!

"Unfortunate. What about local messages?"

"..."

roll 1d100, first two results.
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>1141050
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>1141050
>>
>>1141055
>>1141058
"The captain of the Fortress Perambulator has asked to discuss a delicate matter with you. He says it has to do with the Ork warband that serves under your colors, The Lead Storm."

>His problem, not mine.

>Prepare an in-system craft. I shall be there directly.
>>
>>1141081
>>Prepare an in-system craft. I shall be there directly.
>>
>>1141081

owww, shame, they are so coll, and not because they are pure heresy or anything
>>
>>1141081
>Prepare an in-system craft. I shall be there directly.
>>
>>1141081

Wear the ork cloak before we go. They might appreciate the look.
>>
>>1141081

I'm supposing it's all bad news, and I'm trying to think of a way to make use of them rather than outright killing them.

>>1141149
Not a bad idea. Also, next level up I think we might want to bump up our strength, it's quite low. Costly tho
>>
>>1141159
>Also, next level up I think we might want to bump up our strength

It is expensive. However we might as well go the rogue trader way: Screw the rules, I have money.

Buy a suited of human sized powered armour.
>>
>>1141159
>>1141149
>>1141119
>>1141086
>>1141085

You meet with Captain-General Markus outside of the Ork's containment deck. A large sign on the side of the door says "WARNING: PLASMA CONTAINMENT DECK: NO UNAUTHORIZED ENTRY."

"Ah, excellent, Pallas! Glad to see that you've managed to find your way here, haha! Well, let's get right to it, shall we?"

Markus begins punching in the access code on the door.

>You haven't told me what this is about, Captain. That worries me.

>That's LORD Pallas to you!

>Ah, yes, let's.

>Write-In
>>
>>1141276
>>You haven't told me what this is about, Captain. That worries me.
>>
>>1141276
>>
>>1141276
>>
>>1141276
>You haven't told me what this is about, Captain. That worries me.

>Write-In
Stop him from opening the lock. We dont go in until he has briefed us.

I am starting to suspect he is incompetent.
>>
>>1141280
>>1141290
These, i won't copy the option because i'm on phone mode now and it's machine spirit never liked me... it must be all that tech heresy i've been advocating lately
>>
>>1141280
>>1141290
>>1141300
>>1141301

"Oh! Well, you see, that is... the greenskins found out that they're going to have to spend the next six months in one place. They aren't fans of this prospect, and have been demanding to talk to my boss. Well, they've been demanding to ''Ave a good gob wit' da Warboss', which I assume means you in this context. This hatch SHOULD lead to their 'nob''s residence. where YOU can personally negotiate with him!"

>... I'm not doing that. Your mistake, your problem.

>... FINE, let's deal with these xenos

>I will deal with this, but I will not tolerate this incompetence again.

>Write-In
>>
>>1141348
>>... FINE, let's deal with these xenos

This shouldn't be too hard. We can move to hit the other settled system that isn't the capital in the meantime.
>>
>>1141348

wait wait wait

remember that penal colony?

I think that an accident happened there....yeah....no survivors....jus a distinctively green blur on the sensors.

maybe that way they can calm down
>>
>>1141348
>... FINE, let's deal with these xenos.

>Once the door opens Shout out and demand for the Boss to get the fuck too you right away.

Orks respect balls.
>>
>>1141360

we don't want to destroy the infrastuture or spread a bad opinion of us on the people we are trying to ring to our side peacefully(mostly, as it is more cost effective)
>>
>>1141348
>... FINE, let's deal with these xenos
>>
So obviously we spin them this big epic tale about the systems we're going to conqueror in 6 months time to get them excited but maybe we can also suggest that only the strongest can come with us and that they should have a melee brawl competition here in their space whilst we wait.

There might be a little bit of damage but it'll keep them occupied. They just want to fight shit
>>
>>1141373

Their grievance appears to be staying put. We just need to fly there and try and compel them to surrender.

If they won't we can send down the greenskins.
>>
>>1141348
>>... FINE, let's deal with these xenos
>>
>>1141411
>>1141378
>>1141369
>>1141360
"Alright, sir!"

The hatch swings open a crack and Markus quickly hustles you in.

The other side is a mess: Orkish runes scrawled on the walls in paint, ugly, bulbous ork-beasts ambling through the halls, diminutive greenskins rushing by, burdened down by the weight of massive, crudely-made guns and ammo, and an overwhelming musty odor dominate your surroundings. An ork in stained leather studded with golden decorations is leaning against a wall, drinking something from a clay jug: he straightens up slightly (insofar as the permanently-slouched race can) upon seeing Markus and you.

"Oi, you! 'Umie boss! Dis 'uime wit you da Warboss?"

Markus bristles. "This is Lord-Captain Pallas, and you WILL show him some respect, understood?"

"Okay, uh... goddit! So, youse Boss-Kaptain Paleus! OI, BOSS! DA 'UIME WARBOSS IS 'ERE!"

"WHAT'RE YA DOIN' STANDIN' 'ROUND ON YER 'UMP DEN, YEW ZOGGIN' GROT?! SEND 'IM IN!"

The ork shifts slightly, then shoves one massive hand at the doorframe beside him.

"Boss says yew can go in."

The inside of the room is a vision of xenos ostentation: gold-plated ork firearms lie in gun mounts, piles of ammo lie in open bosses, and the Ork boss (easily identifiable by the fact that he is several feet taller than his subordinates) is festooned with stolen fineries (now greasy and stained) and wears several necklaces of gold-dipped teeth. He sits on a pile of boxes lined with fur and is currently eating something fried out of a tray carried by one of the small, weak greenskins. He noisily sucks his fingers clean and wipes them on his coat.

"So, youse da 'umie' boss, right? You don' look like any 'umie boss oi've seen before."

>Are you implying something?

>Well, I am. now, on to your problem.

>Yeah, I'm the Boss, and don't forget it, xenos!

>(Punch him in the face)

>Write-In
>>
>>1141501
>(Punch him in the face)
>>
Pull out our pistol of command and blast his hand he just licked clean.

"Understand, *I* AM the boss here."
>>
>>1141501
>>Write-In
"Well we all look alike to you, don't we? Still I am the Human warboss, Lord-Captain Pallas. And you are?"

Punt some underfoot gretch running about.
>>
>>1141501
>>(Punch him in the face)
>>
>>1141501
>>Well, I am. now, on to your problem.

>strength 22
>punching ork warboss

are you serious
>>
>>1141501
Isn't hitting him like.... challenging him for leadership?
>>
>>1141501
>>
>>1141501
>Well, I am. now, on to your problem.
Don't make it seem like we owe him, more a concerned fellow boss...also kick a grot that may be snivelling up too us.

Maybe we could gift him something orky
>>
>>1141555
We do have a shit ton of ork bullshit
>>
>>1141562
We keep the cloak though.

Think we need a pastebin of our treasures.
>>
>>1141555

Not a bad idea
>>
>>1141572
That's not the ork shit. We literally have ork artifacts
>>
>>1141598
>This deep blue Ork cloak is covered in Ork scrawl-runes and lined at the end with teeth. Thick, heavy,and made with the closest thing to craftsmanship the Ork race can display, this cloak offers incredible protection, and is said to grant "lukk" by Ork tradition (weighs 6 kg, grants 7 armor to all body parts save the head, as long as you wear it, you have 1 extra Fate Point that you can spend, but not burn, each thread).

I'm saying we give one of these:
>An Orkish chestplate came with the cloak: an ugly, massive thing made from a piece of voidship hull beaten into armor and dyed bright purple. While impressively resistant to fire, this armor keeps getting misplaced; a quality you normally wouldn't associate with bright-purple chestplates. (Weighs 30 kg: Chest armor 8. If you place it down for more than a few moments, you must make a Search (-10) test to locate it again).

>This power sword clearly once belonged to some unknown Imperial soul, before it was "looted 'n kustomized", to use the Ork terms. Its power field flickers unpredictably, its balance has been thrown off by the introduction of several battery packs on the hilt, and an edge has been filed down to turn this blade into a kind of 'power cleaver'. It swings wide often and severely, but delivers felling blows when it hits. The power field flickers and surges randomly, and frequenly fails altogether due to shorts in the wiring that no amount of repair seems to be able to fix (Damage; 1d10+5 E; Pen 5; Unstable (10% chance to deal half damage, 80% chance to do normal, 10% chance to deal double damage), adds 1 degree of success to all sucesses and 2 degrees of failure to all failures, -10 to WS when attacking with it, weapon automatically rolls a 1 on Unstable if a 96 or higher was rolled for an attack last turn. 6kg)

>This pitch-black set of Ork armor oozes aggression and weighs a ton. It still smells a bit from where it was cut off of the void-frozen Ork who wore it. Seems to soak up a ton of fire initially before letting some shots through. Fits one Ork-sized being. (All locations Armor 8, Armor 12 the first time the target is fired on. 60 kg)

>This set of wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, strange diagnostic "gubbinz", and a blowtorch are apparently known by Ork-kind as "Mek Toolz", and are used to maintain, modify, and repair their crude engineering. While no tech-priest would sully their hands with such barbaric tools, some lesser engineers may like them, especially since many of the tools have clearly been fashioned with secondary combat use in mind. The runes on the apron the tools were found it proclaimed them to be "fav'rd by Gork". They seem to either repair things excellently, or ruin them. (+10 to Tech-Use tests when using these tools, adds 1 degree of success to successful tests and 2 degrees of failure to failed tests. Has a melee profile: (Melee; 1d10 I (Krump 'em wit a 'Ammer!), R (Snik 'em wit a Screwdriva!), or E (Burn da Grot!); Pen 0; Unwieldy))
>>
>>1141608
>>This set of wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, strange diagnostic "gubbinz", and a blowtorch are apparently known by Ork-kind as "Mek Toolz", and are used to maintain, modify, and repair their crude engineering. While no tech-priest would sully their hands with such barbaric tools, some lesser engineers may like them, especially since many of the tools have clearly been fashioned with secondary combat use in mind. The runes on the apron the tools were found it proclaimed them to be "fav'rd by Gork". They seem to either repair things excellently, or ruin them. (+10 to Tech-Use tests when using these tools, adds 1 degree of success to successful tests and 2 degrees of failure to failed tests. Has a melee profile: (Melee; 1d10 I (Krump 'em wit a 'Ammer!), R (Snik 'em wit a Screwdriva!), or E (Burn da Grot!); Pen 0; Unwieldy))

Might just bump up the quality of their guns
>>
>>1141636

Was thinking that should be held back since its a possible gift to the Iron Wheels clan if the need ever arises or as some sort of reward for good service.

We should gift one of the armours instead. They're harder to use for a non-ork.
>>
>>1141537
>>1141555
>>1141549
>>1141555

"Awright, den. So, we've been in dis 'ulk fer a while, ya? An we ain't 'lowed outta dis deck 'less dere's a fight on, cause the rest of you 'umies get scared when dey cop an ork, ya? So, we wuz all right with dis, becuz da "fruntier" is full'a boyz ta fight. But den we findz out we'z stayin put fer a heap 'a heap 'a days! Dat's NO ZOGGING ORKY AT ALL! WE WANTZ TA KRUMP SUMFING! WAAAGH!"

The boss emphasizes this statement by grabbing one of the gretchen near him and flinging it against the opposite wall, where it hits with a sickening thump.

>(Intimidate): You WILL stay put, you filthy beast, or I'll have to keelhauled!

>(Charm) Let me tell you about the battles we'll fight after those six months...

>(Command) You want to fight something? Fine, then. I'll have you stationed on Othhaw. Keep out of sight of humans. Shoot anything that threatens human settlements. If you see worshipers of the Dark Gods, shoot them. Understood?

>Optional: offer bribes to improve test odds

>Write-In
>>
>>1141706
>>(Charm) Let me tell you about the battles we'll fight after those six months...

>Optional: offer bribes to improve test odds
Offer the power sword or the black armour
>>
>>1141722
This but offer them that as a reward afterwards.
>>
>>1141706
>>(Charm) Let me tell you about the battles we'll fight after those six months...

"We just drive off a fleet of the enemies warships, and after these 6 months, we're gonna take the fight to them and they're not gonna go down easy. A planetary assault on a heavily defended world. An all you can eat buffet of a target rich environment. What say you. Does that not sound attractive?"

>Write-In
"And if you're still not happy about standing still, why not come to my ship for abit. We have pirates in the sector to hunt and you can come along and bang their heads together when we board them with the teleportarium."

Hold off on bribes first. Lets see how they do with this promise of hunting down pirates before the 6 months are up.
>>
>>1141731
I like this better changing.>>1141730
>>
>>1141706
Backing

>>1141731

Changing from

>>1141722
>>
>>1141706
>>1141731
This is fine.
>>
>>1141722
backing
>>
>>1141731
>>1141737
>>1141778
>>1141820
Roll 1d100 (Target number: 66).
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>1141897
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>1141897
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>1141897
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>1141897
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>1141897
Once more
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1141902
>>1141907
>>1141910
>>1141912
>>1141957
>>
>>1141993
Nice!
>>
>>1141907
"... Awwright, den. We'z gonna stay put 'n not make a buncha trouble. But youse best not be lyin' ta us, or else we IZ gonna make a buncha trouble! Now youse should get outta 'ere: iz gotta take my showa."

You see the ork casually aim his pistol at a nearby water pipe and bunch it open with a thunderous BANG! and starts taking off his leathers. The orks and gretchen in the room start shoving each other aside to get out of the way. One of them pulls on your cloak.

"Youse really wants ta get out, boss! 'Is singin'z so zogging loud dat Gork can 'ear it!"

Markus leads the two of your out of the ork's deck.

"I am VERY sorry about that, I'll tell them to fix that pipe right away!"

>At least they aren't going to make any more trouble than a greenskin does naturally.

>Keep an eye on them: I have no trust of the xenos.

>I hold you responsible for this: you should have asked my permission before making any decision.

>Write-In
>>
>>1142068
>>At least they aren't going to make any more trouble than a greenskin does naturally.

This warboss is hilarious.

>Write-In
"What is his name anyways?"
>>
>>1142068
>>At least they aren't going to make any more trouble than a greenskin does naturally.
>>
>>1142068
>>1142068
>At least they aren't going to make any more trouble than a greenskin does naturally.
>>
>>1142068

>Write-In
"The next time you have a problem. Tell me what it first before you throw me into the deep end. I will not tolerate this again."
>>
>>1142075
>>1142087
>>1142101
>>1142104
"Yes, absolutely, I will definitely do that! Big Boss Flash-Teeth isn't going to get it his way on this ship!"

As you ride back to the Absolution, you receive a vox-call from your First Officer:

"Greetings, Captain Pallas. A little over a year ago, you instructed the crew to engage in a formal inquiry on the tithing aboard the ship? The results have come through. The Gleaming Harvest, it appears, have been paying NO tithes for the past 50 years: instead, they have been making it up out of the pockets of the other clans.

As you might imagine, the clans are furious. The Black Noose, White Spiral, and Grand Owl are all currently demanding the wholesale destruction of the clan for their crimes! Such an act, however, can only be undertaken with the permission of the captain. I believe that a meeting of the clans is called for. What is your decision?"

>I do not need a meeting: destroy them.

>No need for a meeting. Here is my ruling: banish the Gleaming Harvest to the bilges in their entirety and give their old holdings to the Night-Clad. Another clan shall get their council seat.

>Yes, call the council.

>Write-In
>>
>>1142150
>>Yes, call the council.

God damn cunts.
>>
>>1142068

>Yes, call the council, but tell the other tribes to prepare its forces before we move. It must be made offical.
>>
>>1142150
>>Yes, call the council.
>>
File: IRS.jpg (22KB, 338x425px) Image search: [Google]
IRS.jpg
22KB, 338x425px
>>1142150
>Yes, call the council.
>>
So what do we do?

Banishment from the ship? I'm not too keen on wholesale slaughter.
>>
>>1142150
strip their leaders of their holdings and titles, banish them to the bilges, put the ring leaders to death. and have the rest of the clan be stripped of a council seat and its rights until they pay off 50 years of back tithes along with some interest.

We sure this is absolutely correct? its not a lie that we bought that another clan did to trick us? If so, then do the above.

We can also call the council and do this in front of the other clan leaders.
>>
>>1142216
Frankly, our purser needs to be questioned as well.

There might have been some sort of collusion.
>>
>>1142221
Hell, Investigate everyone. If they are all guilty of something (they probably are of a few) maybe we don't have to upset the clan balances of power to badly with the purges and executions.

I want to investigate the other clans for misdeeds and unpaid tithes. May as well clean house while we are at it, doubt we get many other chances to justify such a shake up.
>>
>>1142158
>>1142159
>>1142167
>>1142194
"At once, Captain."

The transport craft docks at your personal hanger, a mere minute's stroll from your quarters. You head through the hall of ancestors and trophy room to your conference chamber. The clans are already assembled when you get there. The arrangement is much like a courtroom: many council seats assembled around a central cluster with the final seat further in the back and elevated. The heads of the clans rise upon you entering the room and taking your seat of judgment. Severus Albion, your chief bosun, starts speaking:

"The captain is now present, which means that this inquiry may officially commence. The issue at hand is the alleged guilt of the Gleaming Harvest clan, as represented by the Sixpence, in crimes of high treason in the form of mass embezzlement over a period of fifty years: a crime for which the traditional punishment is the annihilation of the clan, either through wholesale execution, or the execution of all elders and the dissolution of the clan's people and properties into other clans. Now, cur-"
"Stop wasting time! These filthy traitors must BURN!"

"As I was saying: currently, the Black Nooses, Grand Owls, Flames, and White Spirals support wholesale execution; the Green, the Striders, the Storm Kings, and Brethren of Tael support dissolution; the Iron Wheels support the conversion of the entire clan into servitors; and the Night-Clad support the use of the Gleaming Harvest as aides in the bilges until they work off their debts, and their removal from the council. Lord-Captain, do you wish to see the evidences, or do you wish to rule?"

>I'm ready to make a ruling

>Show me the evidence for their crimes.

>Show me any evidence against their crimes.

>Let them speak in their defense.

>Write-In
>>
>>1142253
>>Show me the evidence for their crimes.
>>Show me any evidence against their crimes.
>>Let them speak in their defense.

These 3 all in turn.

We do this the right way or not at all.
>>
>>1142253
>>
>>1142253
>>
>>1142257
"Show me the evidence for their crimes.
Show me any evidence against their crimes."
aren't these 2 redundant?
>>
>>1142253
>>Show me the evidence for their crimes.
>>Show me any evidence against their crimes.
>>Let them speak in their defense.
>>
>>1142262

For and against. Basically giving them a chance to defend themselves.
>>
>>1142257
>>1142258
>>1142260
>>1142267

>The Evidence for (presented by Accountant Shadrach):

"This, My Lord, is a summary of the accounting of all clan finances for the past 50 years Notice the population census numbers? And THIS is an independent accounting of all members of the vessels. As you can see, there are a number of 'errors' that, to the untrained eye, could be attributed to mere negligence by a novice: names taken down twice several pages apart, names of the recently dead taken as living, etc. However, when you total these errors, you see that the sum cost is precisely equal to the tithes of the Gleaming Harvest, AND that no such errors are on the entries for the Gleaming Harvest itself. This, I assume, explains itself."

>Examination::

>How was this not found sooner?

>'precisely' equal?

>Compelling evidence. Is there anything that might absolve them?

>Write-In
>>
>>1142316

>'precisely' equal?
>>
>>1142316
>>How was this not found sooner?
>>
>>1142316
Admittedly, the previous Captain appeared to implicitly trust his subordinates, and they trusted the clan leaders, it seems.

>'precisely' equal?
Over the course of 50 years? Suspicious, but then these are a clan of accountants.

>>
>>1142316

>'precisely' equal?
>>
>>1142316
>>Compelling evidence. Is there anything that might absolve them?
>>
>>1142316
>'precisely' equal?
>>
>>1142327
>>1142328
>>1142334
>>1142336
>>1142348

"How was this not found sooner? The Purser should have known about this!"

"Well, my Lord... the Purser's subordinates are all Gleaming Harvest members, and she cannot do all the census work personally. That, and none of the clans have to disclose their own accounting books to the Purser: one member of a clan stealing from another of the same clan is an internal problem: so long as tithe is paid, it is no issue."

"Hm... But how could they have made it precisely equal?"

"Mostly, they vastly overwrote the membership of smaller, less powerful clans: some of these clans may have collapsed from this burden."

"A horrible allegation, if true. What about evidence for their innocence?"

"... Well, I suppose that this could have been the work of only a few within the Gleaming Harvest, acting outside of the orders of the Sixpence."

"Is this the case, Sixpence?"

"We... believe so. Clearly, this is nothing more or less than the actions of some arrogant book-keeper who thought that his position put him above the law. We shall find these individuals and hand them over to the bosuns for punishment."

"You lie. You clearly lie. You will hang, you and your kin."

"Only if I rule it, elder!"

"... Of course, if you rule it."

>My ruling is... (write-in)

>This situation demands further investigation. Find other accountants to serve in the interim
>>
>>1142384
>My ruling is... (write-in)

Dissolution but instead of execution of the elders they will be turned into servitors. Better to not waste resources/
>>
>>1142384

>This situation demands further investigation. Find other accountants to serve in the interim

>Dig into this Rabbit hole and also check the other clans as well.

>Warn them, Currently Disulstion is the 'outcome' but if things end up WORSE, Death won't be the release they get.
>>
>>1142384

>My ruling is

Execute the clan leadership and dissolve it's population and assets. Even if this was a conspiracy of a few the fact that it went on for 50 years and the leadership didn't catch it themselves calls into question their basic competence
>>
>>1142384

"It matters not. As clan elder, you are ultimately responsible for the actions of your clansmen. That you did not discover this over the course of 50 years speaks of utter incompetence in your chosen profession and I. Do. Not. Suffer. Fools.

>>My ruling is... (write-in)
"From this day the +GLEAMING HARVEST+ clan is dissolved and its holdings and children distributed among the other clans.

All elders and working adults of the clan are to be arrested and turned into servitors. Maybe they will be more efficient and less incompetent in this new form."
>>
File: IRS-Logo.gif (23KB, 1002x982px) Image search: [Google]
IRS-Logo.gif
23KB, 1002x982px
>>1142384
Dig into this, bring our full range of interrogation methods to bear.
The clan histories will mark this as one of the few instances of the fury of a Lord-Captain being brought to bear against a clan.

Whoever did this violated one of the few absolutes: interfere with the Tithe.
>>
>>1142393
>>1142398
>>1142403
I think we're all agreed in dissolving the clan, but I don't think the crimes end here.
Also, this is a prime opportunity to clean ship and reave the clans of troublemakers.
>>
>>1142384
Dissolve the clan. Kill or lobotomise the adults, distribute the children and holdings.
>>
>>1142216
I want this punishment, but investigate everything.

>>1142384

Hmm, maybe hold off on a punishment until we know the full scope and extent of their crimes, then craft the punishment.
>>
>>1142410
One at a time.

If we go full Inquisition on the ship, we're gonna have most of the clans rising against us to hide their wrong doings while an individual unhappy clan will be unable to do anything since the rest of the crew will be pacified.

Individually targeted investigations and purges when the opportunity presents itself. Right now, clear out this house. We'll have time to work on the others later.
>>
>>1142418
Fine, but I still think we should complete a full investigation.

Their dissolution is already set, but we shouldn't let any of their other crimes, or those complicit in them, get away just to have things mopped up quickly.
>>
>>1142384
Dissolve the clan. Kill or srvitor the adults, redistribute the holdings to compensate the worst affected clans as much as possible.
>>
>>1142424
Of course but look at it this way. When the accountants are gone, we need to bring in a new family to take their place. How about a family from outside the ship.

Then we have an independant neutral party who will have no qualms about investigating the other clans, on the pretense on learning what they need to do.

Stepping stones to an end.
>>
>>1142432

I think the same could be done from raising an internal clan to their status. It would deeply in debt them to us and strengthen our connection to the ship culture
>>
>>1142384
>>This situation demands further investigation. Find other accountants to serve in the interim

Look into everyone while we're at it.
>>
>>1142384
Dissolve the clan, kill the clan leaders and elders.

The adults of the clan will be either killed, press-ganged into hard labor, given to the Orks as punching bags,enlisted into a penal battalion, and/or transformed into Servitors whilst the children of the clan will be equally distributed amongst the rest of the clans.
>>
>>1142446

Possible but any clan raised will be steeped in the intrigue of the current politiking. An outsider point of view to question everything will be rather useful in that regard while also having no loyalties except to ourselves.

As an appendum, It looks like we have not been giving enough resources to our purser to do her job and have oversight. We should grant her leave and budget to hire a small personal staff from offship or from the crews and then these be inducted into the Glided Ones to remove them from clan head influence. With this trusted staff, she should be able to review and watch for any further discrepancies. I doubt shes actually disloyal, more likely just overworked and her years of loyal service means we can be more lenient.
>>
>>1142446
Yeah, I likw the sound of that.

I' also going to advocate letting the night clad take their pick of the condemned as new recruits to work off their debt in the bilges and get some more non-mutated genes back in their clan.
>>
>>1142472

Bringing in an outside influence and placing them in a position normally held by the clans will put the rest of the ship on the defensive when it comes to us. It shows a lack of trust that we could never recover and the best thing for us to have is trust with our crew.

It will be our benevolent hand that raises one of the clans up to a grand station, that action will far outweigh any of the current politics they might be embroiled in
>>
>>1142484

A fair point, I concede the argument. Well with this object lesson made of the previous purser clan, they should walk on the straight and narrow and if we implement the new staff for our personal purser, we'll have an oversight department to guard against something like this happening again.
>>
>>1142398
Seconding this approach.

Let us continue the investigation after though - it is rare for corruption to be confined to a single root.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thought of the Day:
'The most deviant mind is often concealed in an unblemished body.'
>>
>>1142491

I would support increasing the Purser's staff, it should also give us a boost to our economic influence if we can get more surveys and trade deals done
>>
>>1142384
Incompetence is a sign of being lax in one's duty. Dissolution of the clan. Those who committed the acts will be made into servitors, in death they shall show the loyalty they lacked in life.

The leaders of the clan will be sentenced to a penal battalion. Their zealotry on the battlefield will redeem their lack in their former responsibilities.

The adults will work off their clans debt. As they shared benefiting, they shall share repaying.

The children will join the new clan The Flame under Father Walpurgis so that they may be properly instructed in their holy duties.
>>
>>1142459
>>1142472

We have a brand new clan, The Flame. Just saying. We also do need someone to collect tithes. Make it a holy duty.

Remember, in the Imperium a crime is also a sin.
>>
>>1142384
>>1142446

I support this. Raising a new clan to replace the accountants.

>>1142480
Allowing Night Clad their pick of the condemned, as they brought it to our attention. The righteous get rewarded.

>>1142537

And this plan for dealing with the Gilded clan. It's thematic.

Also I want a Zealot clan that focuses on Imperial Creed as purity.
>>
>>1142393
>>1142398
>>1142403
>>1142412
>>1142430
>>1142459
>>1142497
>>1142537
>>1142539
>>1142544

"Your actions, accountants of the Sixpence, may have been forgivable in some sense if they were born of naked greed: far be it for me to be a hypocrite about such things. But allowing yourselves to be fooled for half a century? That speaks to incompetence and complacency, and for that, I will have your heads. Hang these fools high above the Purser's office as a reminder to the next team of accountants. As for the Gleaming Harvest: for the crimes of their masters, I shall scourge them as well, for refusing to rise up and handle this internally. Strip them of their seats. The adults shall be tithed to the Night-Clad, and the children to the Flame, who shall take on the collection of tithes as a holy duty. I am the Captain: my ruling is absolute and final. May the God-Emperor have mercy on your souls.

Now, find a twelfth seat for the Council and get the condemned to the gallows, post-haste."

You retire to your bed-room as the Sixpence are dragged, pleading and begging, from the room. You know you have a busy month ahead of you.

>Spend another month in Othhaw

>Set impulse (for where?)

>Write-In
>>
>>1142548

Not sure of tithing the kids and still having them do it. An entire new clan should be doing that since they will bear a grudge and the new clan will be beholden to us.

Also I only see two votes for that course of action.

>Write-In
Status update on the readiness of the fleet.

Damage reports and time to repair, crew/provisioning/morale.

Status of the captured ships and how long it will take for them to be repaired.

Status of their crew and the indoctrination progress.
>>
>>1142548
>Spend another month in Othhaw

Rest repair refit the fleet.

All ships should resupply, replenish morale and hire crews to replace losses.

>>1142552

This also.

Want to go hunting pirates soon.
>>
>>1142548
try to find some pirates to hunt
>>
>>1142552
Nah, it's redemption. Their parents redeem themselves, the kids get the chance to redeem their clan.

Guilt + Religion = Zealotry.

Also we empower a Clan that already has loyalty to a force outside the traditional clan structure, and also points to us respecting Piety as a motivation.
>>
>>1142559
>>1142548

Seconding R&R. Send any Indoctrinated Founders Guard to fight againagainst the Orks in arena style games and see if they have any improvements over regular guards
>>
>>1142559
>>1142548

Thirding R&R. We should send the Orks to fight those Xenos though. Why waste Human lives?

Note: We should be sure to also sterilize any places the Orks fight in, to fully cleanse the taint of Xenos and prevent infection.

While in R&R we should also intensify our hunt for Chaos cultists. While we certainly can't keep the Pre-Crimes divisions, we could probably quickly use them to ascertain the veracity of their heresy.
>>
>>1142580
>>1142577
>>1142559
You spend the next month replenishing your crew, re-loading supplies, and hiring men to replace losses (Crew and Morale restored to maximum).

Your fleet is in full readiness for field deployment (save the Fortress Perambulator). The pirates appear to be scattered across a large number of sub-sectors, however: you aren't certain that you can stamp out all of them in one go, especially with your current fleet. Your time may be spent better exploring the current sub-sector. On the other hand, there's always the risk of the pirates being emboldened by this...

>Set sail for another system in this sub-sector! (Systems listed in this post: >>1140951 )

>Set sail for Sub-Sector (choose from B-J: unsubstantiated reports put raiders in a number of systems in B, C, and D)

>Optional: form Battlegroups out of the other ships in your holdings (listed here: http://pastebin.com/R3Uk25pt)
>>
>>1142597

Which one is the closest inhabited star system of the collective.

What of the captured warships? How long before they can be repaired?
>>
>>1142597
>>1142601

>Which one is the closest inhabited star system of the collective.

Eh. Wrong question to ask.

How long is warp travel to the system of "Claim".

Speak with our planetary governor and look over our collected intel of what that system has to offer.
>>
>>1142597

>Set sail for another system in this sub-sector! (Systems listed in this post: >>1140951 )

>HEAD FOR THE CAPITAL OR WORLD WITH THE STC SHIPYARD.
>>
>>1142604
"Claim? Usually, it only takes about three months by our own technology, so it should be quicker by yours! As for what's valuable: well, I know that its the agricultural center of the collective."

>>1142601
They are ready for in-system service, but their crude fission drives and slipstream engines will need to be upgraded before they are of any use as part of a Battlegroup.
>>
>>1142597
+THE ABSOLUTION attends with +THE RESOLUTE+ in sector D

Note:

Class: Firestorm-class Frigate
Speed: 8 Maneuverability: +26
Detection: +25 Hull Integrity: 38
Armour: 20 Turret Rating: 1
Space: 40
Weapon Capacity: Dorsal 1, Prow 1
Machine-Spirit Nature: Blasphemous Tendencies
History: Wrested from a Space Hulk
Further History: Ancient Vessel
Drive: Modified Jovian 2 Drive
Warp Engine: Miloslav G-616.B
Gellar Field: Standard Field Array
Void Shield: Single Standard
Bridge: Antique Bridge
Life Sustainers: M-1.R pattern
Quarters: Pressed-Crew Quarters
Augurs: X-470 Ultimo Array

Weapon Systems:
Prow: Titanforge Lance (Strength 1 Damage 1d10+4 Crit Rating 3 Range 6)
Dorsal: Sunsear Laser Battery (Strength 4 Damage 1d10+2 Crit Rating 4 Range 9)

Supplemental Components: Plasma Scoop, Armor Plating, Reinforced Interior Bulkheads, Crew Reclamation Facility

Unused Space: 2
Excess Energy: 4

Qualities:
Haste of the Dammed: Halves all Warp Travel Times, but increases rate of Warp Dangers emerging.
Eyes Everywhere: Add +10 to all Command Tests or social Skill Tests any character makes while on the bridge.
Stale Air: Increase all Morale loss by 1.
Cramped: Decrease Morale permanently by 2.
Active Scanning: +15 to detect vessels on Silent Running when using Active Augury.
Signal Beacon: Due to the intense energy signature of the array, vessels targeting a ship equipped with this component gain +5 to all Ballistic Skill Tests to fire their weapons.
Recycling: Reduce all losses of Crew Population by 3, to a minimum of 1. Increase all losses to Morale by 1.
Cursed: This ship draws misfortune to itself.

Made for Pirate Hunting and recon. Let's use it as a bait ship to scout and test their forces in sector D. Orders are S & D if the opportunity presents itself, or alternatively to offer Pirates in the sector mercenary service with us.

Possibly use Resolute to take down shields so Absolution can teleport bombs onto pirate ships while providing a safe "space" for it to conduct hit & run maneuvers and a "bully" ship if we run into anything unexpectedly large.

Meanwhile +THE CARRION CROW+ and +THE DAGGER OF SPITE+ can attend C, the Founders Eye. Same deal, offer first of Mercenary Service in the conquest of the Collective & corresponding positions in the systems Navy, or destruction.

Sector B will be left for Pirates to flee to so we don't have a "Fight to the Death" situation on our hands, and we can focus our forces on theirs at that point bringing in +The Perambulator+ as well after it has gotten some repairs in.

Not sure what to use +THE THIEF OF HEAVEN+ for. I suppose we could just keep it in system as a static defense.
>>
>>1142612
Don't we have that Ork Drive?
>>
>>1142614
Well, you do. That would speed things up somewhat for one of the ships.
>>
>>1142613
Ah... to clarify, all the systems listed above are for one sub-sector, sub-sector A. You have no idea about the other sectors (beyond rumors of pirate activity).
>>
>>1142612

I suggest that we wait on +THE FORTRESS PERAMBULATOR+ to be ready for operations before we actually move on the Capital then.

+THE FORTRESS PERAMBULATOR+, +THE RESOLUTE+ and our two captured ships will remain as guards for this system (their slower speeds will not be an issue as System defence boats), General Markus has overall command.

+THE DAGGER OF SPITE+ is detached on scouting duties. It should travel to and try and locate pirate activity so that we can figure out which subsector the pirates are operating out of. Combat should be avoided and once pirate activity is confirmed, should withdraw immediately.

The rest of our fleet:
+THE ABSOLUTION+
+THE CARRION CROW+
+THE THIEF OF HEAVEN+

should make best speed for the Claim system. Regiments (including the orks) should be transferred to +THE THIEF OF HEAVEN+ in preparation for taking over the world.

Master of Whispers and Elder locke should work with surviving merchants to collate reports to triangulate pirate location. Purser should place orders for ship components, specifically standard engines and warp drives so that we can refit our captured ships in due time.
>>
>>1142617
Okay. Well. Let's set our ships in this sub-sector to cleaning out the Pirates, either by recruitment or teleporting murder servitors.

Same pairs, except that let's have The Absolution and The Resolute check out sub-sector B.

Load the Orks into Thief of Heaven (Xenophilius) and bring them along.
>>
>>1142624
>>1142615
Shit that is gibberish.

+THE ABSOLUTION+ & +THE RESOLUTE+ with Orks aboard +THIEF OF HEAVEN+ investigate sub-sector B in force.

+THE FORTRESS PERAMBULATOR+ and the two captured boats will remain in system as guards.

+THE CARRION CROW+ and +THE DAGGER OF SPITE+ will contact and offer to hire pirates in this sub-sector. Or wipe them out if they refuse.
>>
>>1142612
>>1142621
This.

>>1142626
I think we should wait on more data and scouting first. Using our big cruiser to scout might be a bad idea. Send a small quick ship to get returns, then send in the big fleet.
>>
>>1142627
I think the idea is that since it's another sub-sector it's too far to leave a ship by itself.

Personally I like the idea of hiring the Pirates as privateers with eventual employment as a SDF down the line so our better ships don't get stuck defending the territory.

I would prefer to finish that before attacking Claim so we don't get stabbed in the butt while dealing with them.

Delaying dealing with the Pirates will just lead to them getting stronger and more pirates coming in, whereas the Collective is unable currently to attack us. I'd prefer to have the Perambulator functional before moving on any planets.
>>
>>1142629
>>1142615
I vote for dealing with the Pirates in our sub-sector first with our full force to roll over them and prevent any escaping if they refuse to work for us.

Move on other sub-sector after we replace the engine on a captured ship & the Perambulator is repaired.
>>
>>1142629

We could put off not using the raider as the scout i guess.

Reason why I put it forward as a solitary scout is due to its fast speed. Top tier speed already and if we give it the Ork engine, nothing can catch it. at 14 speed compared to a standard raiders 10.

Also what we know of the pirates is that they are currently not in our sub-sector. They are in other sub-sectors of this sector which would effect a very long travel time for possibly no gain if they're not there. They're just rumours as of now, after all.
>>
>>1142632
> They're just rumours as of now, after all.

Well. The Merchants WERE attacked so we could go there first.

But with travel times, even if we do find them in a sub-sector they could just move by the time our combat forces could get there.
>>
>>1142633

Yea but from where exactly is the question. Hence why I put forward having locke and our master of whispers collate intel reports and interviews from merchants to narrow down which sub-sector they operate out of from. They must have a base of operations.

Really though we need to bring in sector command for help. A single rogue trader fleet, pirate busters we are not. Maybe if we put together a joint request with the merchant captains, sector command might increase patrols in the region. We can offer our ships to aid in the endevour as well to entice them to come.
>>
>>1142632
Well the Pirates have to be getting their information on where to hit the Merchants.

We should see where they were attacked, and track down if it was just an opportunistic attack because they were in the area, or if they have infiltrated the Trade Organizations.

Start with the Merchants home docks. After all, trying to intercept things in the Warp - given how wonky as fuck Warp Travel is - seems unreasonable without inside info.
>>
>>1142636

So intel gathering first for now until we can narrow down the search. And overtures to sector authorities for a taskforce to engage the pirates.
>>
>>1142637
Sounds like a plan.

Maybe recon in force with our Cursed Frigate, the Absolution, and the Raider along with the Thief.

Use our Frigates bad luck to draw us to the Pirates.
>>
>>1142644
>>1142637

To wherever the Merchants were attacked. At least it will be a show of force to the sub-sector even if the Pirates are gone.
>>
>>1142644
Then our assets are just sitting around doing nothing.

We might as well concentrate on our sub-sector first then move when we have concrete evidence.

We need to increase our revenue stream first since we dont exactly have much. This is currently only a single PF for now.
>>
>>1142644
>Then our assets are just sitting around doing nothing.

There's nobody for our warships to fight in our sector.
>>
>>1142621
This sounds like grey plan to me. Let's not waste time while the Peram is refitting and the collective is flying home
>>
>>1142654

There are still systems to secure in this sub-sector.

If we wanted to, we can actually fly to Ambaria and secure orbital superiority and their docks.

Since Claim is an argri world, the only remaining place where their dock might be would be the capital.
>>
>>1142613
>Let's use it as a bait ship

Didn't work out so well last time.

>>1142629
>Personally I like the idea of hiring the Pirates as privateers with eventual employment as a SDF

I'm game for that.
>>
>>1142649
>This is currently only a single PF for now.

Kind of like to nip it in the bud, before it becomes a bigger issue.
>>
>>1142673
Yes but running about without a clue is counter-productive.

I'm not saying ignore them. I'm advocating moving out only after we have solid intel before we consign our war ships to months of warp travel that may or may not yield results.

Gather intel, do other things in the mean time, build support for sector authorities to step in and then when we know where they are, hit them hard.

The other thing we could reasonably do is assign escort ships to the convoys, namely our sword class but thats our other major void combatant and so im hesitant to use it as such until we have upgraded the other captured ships to a imperial level.
>>
>>1142681
3 months for slip stream.

90 days.

Our ships travel 10 times faster.

9 days of travel to go to the sub-sector where the Merchants were attacked.

19 days to go out, hang around for a day, and return if no pirates. Make a show of Imperial force to reassure/intimidate anyone in the sector, and search for clues of the pirates.

Alternatively, get there find pirates, fuck them up.

We want to have the Firestorm Frigate +THE RESOLUTE+ at least because it has the best sensors. Then we need another ship for back-up, ideally +THE ABSOLUTION+ as our flagship so we can cut deals and be in on any action while we leave behind our capable staff to consolidate this sector. Also because of that tasty range 11 lance + teleporter allowing us to provide some heavy hitting to back up +THE RESOLUTE+.

Toss the Orks along into +THE THIEF OF HEAVEN+ because why the fuck not. Get the Ork Boss to grab some hand-picked men to be teleported onto a ship to do what Ork mercenaries do best, and use the rest on +THE THIEF OF HEAVEN+ to secure any pirate bases/ships afterwards.

At worst we make it look like we have plenty of resources to chase Pirates and take credit for chasing them off, at best we catch them up and they figure it would be better to work for us than to fight us, freeing up our ships to continue crusading.
>>
>>1142684
>9 days of travel to go to the sub-sector where the Merchants were attacked.
That's assume no warp fuckery...
>>
>>1142688
Note, +THE RESOLUTE+ Warp travels 2x as fast.

> Haste of the Dammed: Halves all Warp Travel Times, but increases rate of Warp Dangers emerging.

> Active Scanning: +15 to detect vessels on Silent Running when using Active Augury.

> Signal Beacon: Due to the intense energy signature of the array, vessels targeting a ship equipped with this component gain +5 to all Ballistic Skill Tests to fire their weapons.

However,

> Cursed: This ship draws misfortune to itself.

So I'd rather not have it go alone, but with something bigger and badder. So +THE ABSOLUTION+

Makes it the preferred ship for scouting other sectors, especially with it's improved Auspex.
>>
No matter where we go, remember to bring the orks so they have someone to shoot at that isn't us, because I don't know if we will actually be on the capital in 6 months considering travel time and repairs on the Fortress
>>
>>1142684

Wrong travel time. Thats to the Claim system which is within our sub-sector as stated here: >>1142612
>>
>>1142684
3 months slipstream travel time is within our sub-sector to the nearest collective settled system. >>1142612

Travel time from sub-sector to sub-sector is approximate 3 months warp travel, one way.

boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/1091845#p1096395

Thats already 6 months of travel back and forth. When we can be in another system in slightly more than a week or in the capital system within a month.
>>
We should go to the Pirate's last location and bring:

The resolute: to find them with the sensors
The dagger: for speed if we need to chase them
Us: for firepower and ork teleportation
>>
>>1142697
3 months popping up.

>>1142699
My support grows! Let's either buy out or capture these pirates.
>>
>>1142697
>>1142699

Also guys come on we should really be using the discord.

>>1142615

My vote is for pirate hunting with this set-up. Resolute, Dagger, Us.
>>
>>1142702
>>1142617

> Forgot to add Thief to the list

It's so late in my night shift.
>>
>>1142702
3 months to get there.

And 1/3 chance that there may be pirates in that sub-sector.

That is an utter waste.

For 1 PF right now when another system will probably bring in 10 or so. If we really want to halt the pirate attack, what we can do is put out a temporary escort contract for the chartist merchants. Drop in PF until the escort service is no longer needed but it will halt the PF from dropping further.

Heck we even have the QM saying our time would probably be better spent exploring our current sub-sector.
>>
>>1142709

He said our time MAY be better spent in our sub-system.

>On the other hand, there's always the risk of the pirates being emboldened by this...

We also have him saying this.

And there's Pirate activity in all 3 sub-sectors, out of 10.

So.
>>
Also, no matter where we point or guns to I vote we leave one of our officers with this task:

I propose we do a propaganda video with footage of our decisive victory over the collective, the tone of the narrator should be dissapointed, patronizing and sad, like talking about a son that doesn't know what it's doing. After that we start with the benefits of the unity of the human race and how the founder himself predicted the comming of the hand of the emperor. we finish with the good treatment of those who converted/surrendered and the advancments we did in so little time on the system. We could even portray ourselves as reluctant to attack their Capitol because they're wayward backwoods relatives and we still hope they'll see reason. This way we start building support and disrupt their ranks at the same time. the ideal situation would be protesters calling for surrender, but I'd be happy with disgruntled officers asking the oversupervisor for surrendering or surrendering on sight to us
>>
>>1142711

>>1142617
>Ah... to clarify, all the systems listed above are for one sub-sector, sub-sector A. You have no idea about the other sectors (beyond rumors of pirate activity).
>>1142597
>unsubstantiated reports put raiders in a number of systems in B, C, and D)
>>
>>1142720
See? Discord is beneficial.

>>1142724
Use the Pre-crimes unit, we have to destroy it . . . Eventually.

But so long as we do that BEFORE the ]I [ shows up we're good.

Also I would say the Merchants getting attacked is a fairly substantiated report.

Still we could always just put the Firestorm & Dagger on convoy guard duty.
>>
>>1142720
Thats not a bad idea but maybe not to patronising. It should chastise the current leadership for not living up to the founder's ideals, one of the prophets of the Emperor's will. Abit of hyperbole should make the general populace easier to convert.
>>
>>1142730
>>1117792
>Unfortunately, loyalist elements were able to warn the larger Collective of this betrayal and sabotage their devices in their "Pre-Crime Department".
>>
>>1142734
The Emperor Protects.
>>
>>1142597
I vote for Pirate Hunting of any sort. Maybe put the word out that we're willing to hire and we'll pay for both recruitment and also turning in Pirates that don't want to get hired.

Turn your Pirate Pal in, get command of his ship!
>>
>>1142730
Substantial but we don't where exactly they are. It's better to do further investigation before we launch a strike when we know roughly where they operate out of.

We only have a limited number of ships, we should concentrate our effects within a single sub-sector so that they can respond more effectively. This is going to be our demesne and we need to bring it to heel quickly under our control.

Now that the Administratum and the chartist merchants know of this system, they know that there are systems that can be conquered and brought to heel under someones control.

Merchants talk. Their routes will be know and the Administratum may even tell another rogue trader of this info. The last thing we need is another rogue trader muscling in on our turf, taking the other star systems in this sub-sector.
>>
>>1142738
Why don't we split the difference then? Get the two frigates to be on convoy duty so that we have an interceptor & a teleporter for capturing ships.

Send the Absolution, Thief, and Dagger to capture the Docks and achieve orbital superiority.

Leave Perambulator & 2 captured ships on guard duty while replacing the engines in 1 with the Ork engines and then send it to reinforce the Docks & Orbital Superiority team.

We can even point out that we're doing the job the Overseer was SUPPOSED to be doing, of protecting the people of the Collective, by defending the space trade.

We didn't strike first at them at all, but merely welcomed the Olthaw into the fold as one of the worlds of Man deserving the protection of the Imperium, and the position of Glory the Founder prepared them for.
>>
>>1142745
Like if say we were seen to be unable to prevent predation on those merchants so they had to get protection from someone else? Embarrassing us and calling onto question our ability to welcome this sector into the Imperium?
>>
>>1142748

I can support this at least. But i suggest we swap out the warp drive from the firestorm or outright upgrade it.

The ship is already a daemon trap waiting to happen.

We come to a possible problem of possibly not having enough vessels to take orbital control.

There might be system monitors, ships without slipsteams and defence plateforms.

Still theres a good chance we can prevail. Just that we might take abit of damage.
>>
>>1142750

Thats not exactly on us though, we're not the sector battlefleet. Patroling and taking out pirates in this area of space is their Emperor-given duty and its not like the pirates are raiding the transports when they arrive in Othhaw which we defend and control. They're getting raided elsewhere in the sector.
>>
>>1142754
I suppose if we were able to show our ability to defend the rest of the sector, that would give us cause to claim responsibility for it and exclusivity.

And vice-versa if we weren't.

I like the split convoy/Claim plan more than I thought I would now. Gotta show results.

> But i suggest we swap out the warp drive from the firestorm or outright upgrade it.

Maybe swap the Ork engine into the Firestorm, & the Firestorm into a captured ship?
>>
>>1142757
>https://discord.gg/jPpUJms

I just don't think we should attack claim, just military targets that attack us, we want to convert these people not give reasons for them to hate us
>>
>>1142757

The problem isn't with the engine of the firestorm itself. In fact that engine is an archeotech engine. Its very very good.

The warpy effects lie with its Warp drive, the Miloslav G-616.B.

Thats the component which has Haste of the Damn which almost doubles the rate of warp encounters. Long warp journeys in this tub isn't recommended.
>>
>>1142766
Well, I mean, double the chance but over half the time = the same percentage of warp events, no?
>>
>>1142785
Slightly less actually. Mathhammer:
50 days travel. 10 warp encounters on normal drive
25 days travel. 8 warp encounters on faster drive.

So you into fewer encounters i guess. The problem arises when the ship is part of a fleet with mostly normal drives.

The ship in question either arrives at least a month early or take twice the encounters.

One month in enemy territory alone will be a death sentence.
>>
>>1142791

Rapid reaction force & scout I guess.

> One month in enemy territory alone will be a death sentence.

Not if we cram Ork drives in it so it can run away from everything.
>>
>>1142785
>>1142791

Actually just swap warp drives with the other frigate.
>>
>>1142791
Or have it just leave at a later date
>>
>>1142810
You don't have room to put an Ork drive in the Resolute. The thing's MUCH larger than an ordinary plasma engine, much less a compact Archeotech one.

>>1142621
>>1142703
>>1142699
My impression is that these three options have the greatest support, is that right?
>>
>>1143249

I support that direction of planning
>>
>>1143249
Have the merchants said anything about the classes of ships the raiders had?
>>
>>1143249
Sure
>>
>>1143497
No. The one ship that was attacked just transmitted an astropathic message announcing that they were under attack, then never made it back to port.

>>1142699
>>1142703
>>1143337
>>1143563
You send out a message over the fleet comm-line soon after you wake up: "Resolute, Dagger of Spite: you two are now part of Battlegroup Absolution. We are going to deal with this piracy problem now, before it can spiral out of control. Crew: I'm going to need you to modify the cargo hold temporarily. Do not ask why."

As you eat breakfast, you ponder the question of locating the location of the pirates.

>Network with the Merchant's Guilds, try to determine trade schedules and routes (suspect reliability, but without risk)

>Utilize the scrying arts and half-drawn maps of House Mckaal (fair reliability, risks disruptions in the Warp and possible insanity points)

>Utilize Choir-Master Sigurn's precognition (highly reliable, significant risk of corruption or insanity)
>>
>>1143577
>Network with the Merchant's Guilds, try to determine trade schedules and routes (suspect reliability, but without risk)

Safe steps first, if the information doesn't pan out then we can turn to the warp
>>
>>1143577
>>Network with the Merchant's Guilds, try to determine trade schedules and routes (suspect reliability, but without risk)
>>
>>1143577
>>
>>1143577
>>Network with the Merchant's Guilds, try to determine trade schedules and routes (suspect reliability, but without risk)
>>
>>1143577
>>
>>1143585
>>1143596
>>1143599
>>1143603
>>1143604
Make a Commerce (-15) test. Target number: 27
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>1143610
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>1143610
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>1143610
>>
Rolled 85 + 15 (1d100 + 15)

>>1143610
For Malice!
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>1143610
>>
>>1143610
I chose poorly.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1143612
>>1143615
>>1143619
>>1143624
>>1143631
>>
If this doesn't work i suggest we just assign our sword class and raider on escort duties with the chartist merchant convoys while we gather more intel.
>>
If we didn't dissolve the pre-crime department, why not use them as much as we can before we do?
>>
>>1143650
It was sabotaged.

And using it is one thing, rebuilding another.
>>
>>1143650

The machines and psychers are gone.
>>
>>1143650

What >>1143657 said.

>>1143639
Your Astropathic call to Port Iridescence turns up nothing:

"I apologize, Lord Pallas, but such information as you request is privy only to the directors, and getting their permission to disclose this information would take several years: bureaucracy, you understand. I want to help, but my hands are tied."

>Utilize the scrying arts and half-drawn maps of House Mckaal (fair reliability, risks disruptions in the Warp and possible insanity points)

>Utilize Choir-Master Sigurn's precognition (highly reliable, significant risk of corruption or insanity)

>Spend a month gathering intel (extremely reliable, consumes time and risks discovery)
>>
>>1143661
>>other
Put sword-class on convoy escort duties for the trade route to our sub-sector.

Prep rest of fleet to move in on other collective systems.
>>
>>1143661

Recon in force.
>>
>>1143661
>>Utilize Choir-Master Sigurn's precognition (highly reliable, significant risk of corruption or insanity)
>>
>>1143661
>Spend a month gathering intel (extremely reliable, consumes time and risks discovery)
>>
>>1143661
>>
>>1143661

>>
>>1143661
>>Spend a month gathering intel (extremely reliable, consumes time and risks discovery)
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>1143661
Have him put on the lucky orc cloak and all the buffs we can.
>>
>>1143708
>>1143711
>>1143698

>>1143713
>>1143686
>>1143677

Tiebreaker vote.
>>
>>1143729
Let's go crazy.

Jk

>>Utilize Choir-Master Sigurn's precognition (highly reliable, significant risk of corruption or insanity)
>>
>>1143729
>>1143661 #
>>Spend a month gathering intel (extremely reliable, consumes time and risks discovery)
>>
>>1143751
Roll a Psysience (+15) test. Target number: 74
>>
Rolled 20 + 15 (1d100 + 15)

>>1143771
>>
Rolled 88 + 15 (1d100 + 15)

>>1143771
I'm rather concerned about the risk of corruption and insanity to our house servants.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>1143771

>taking unnecessary risk over pissant pirates
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>1143771
>>
Rolled 29 + 15 (1d100 + 15)

>>1143771
>>1143780
Ikr
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>1143771
>>
>>1143788
4/5 chance to pass and fuck captcha.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1143772
>>1143775
>>1143780
>>1143783
>>1143788
>>
>>1143805
Right. Lets avoid things that will result in corruption and insanity points.

That way lies mutants and daemons.
>>
>>1143811
So avoid everything and live on a pleasure world?
>>
>>1143811
Look at the roll we totally avoided it.

We tried the safe way, it failed, so we took a risk that paid off.

SAN loss isn't so bad. Corruption is worse.
>>
>>1143821
We're a rogue trader, this is perfectly fine.

And insanity and corruption will find us anyways, we don't need to specifically go out and choose options with significant risks to gain those points as a shortcut when there are other options available.
>>
>>1143831

Taking the time to recon would have been risk free, it was foolish to take the risk.
>>
>>1143805
The choir-chamber echoes with the murmured chants of the lesser Astropaths as Sigurn, deep in a trance, holds an aquila necklace over a deep-field astromantic map of the sector.

"I... I see... blood, terror, screaming, slow death... so many, all gone... stolen. Their hungers, satisfied... but for how long?"

The necklace suddenly snaps out of Sigurn's hand and buries itself into the map at the star labeled C-2.

"There. They make their base there. And now... I think I need to lie down."

Sigurn looks drawn and shaken, the sunken pits of his eye-sockets radiating a more hollow quality than usual.

>Ready the Battlegroup and set impulse!

>Now we know. Let's see what we can acquire... (attempt a purchase in Othhaw)
>>
>>1143849
>>Ready the Battlegroup and set impulse!
>>
>>1143849
>>Now we know. Let's see what we can acquire... (attempt a purchase in Othhaw)

Standard frigate class warp engine.
Strelov 1 Warp Engine

Summon the ship priest, have him minister to our astropath. The warp stared back at him.

Sev, how many insanity or corruption points did out astropath gain and whats his total.
>>
>>1143849
>>
>>1143849
>>
>>1143849
>>1143865
This
>>
>>1143838
Everyone bitched too much about time earlier.

>>1143849

What CAN we buy in Othlaw?
>>
>>1143884

It'll be an acqusition test to purchase items or ship components.

If we can get a warp engine, we can bring an additional ship.
>>
>>1143865
OR buy another double fast engine for the Absolution!

Also 40 space on the Firestorm. Should we pack in anything else?
>>
>>1143865

I'll back that
>>
>>1143887
Ah.

>>1143849
>>1143865

Backing this.
>>
>>1143890

When we have the chance, maybe a temple module. Seems fitting for a cursed ship.
>>
>>1143849
>>
>>1143905
>>1143849

Can we also get a Temple Module for the Firestorm?
>>
>>1143849

I'm compleatelly in favor of buying the shit, but I don't think we should wait for them to arrive, I say we leave the resolute here to be refited and bring the thief instead.
>>
>>1143946
Thief has kind of crap weapons.

Just get the Resolute to leave later so it gets there at the same time as us.
>>
>>1143865
2 Insanity. 15 Insanity, 7 Corruption.

>>1143862
>>1143873
>>1143881
>>1143926
>>1143946

"All crew, prepare for departure! Impulse to edge of system! Warp-Jump to star C-2 as soon as possible! Navigator! Read the bones, what does our journey look like ahead?"

*clatter*

>Roll Psyscience test. Target number: 54.
>>
>>1143946
Maybe we can swap its engines with salt Pirate if we convince them to become Privateers.
>>
>>1143849

A treasure listing of what we have found. I guess you can copy and paste it as part of your official pastebins.

http://pastebin.com/WhjLPfp4

If we havn't already, I'd strongly recommend we install the navigation device on our flagship before we depart.
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>1143978
For MAlaL
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>1143978
Praise be the machine god.
>>
>>1143987
Huh. Same number again.
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>1143978
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>1143978

poor guy.

Can we please install the nav device before we enter the warp.

Also since we're going to be directly fighting the pirates, have +THE CARRION CROW+ be brought with us as well instead of just our raider and firestorm.

No sense in leaving behind our best escort.
>>
>>1143978

>>1143987
Enough of that heretical talk
>>
>>1143986
Thanks! I'm gonna be a lazy fuck and do that. Will actually update treasury list in the future tho.
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>1143978
>>
>>1144004
The nav-device doesn't need to be installed. I guess micro-cogitator didn't imply it right: this things hand-held.
>>
>>1143946
Should have voted for buying shit if that was what you wanted to do. Instead we're going into the warp raw.
>>
>>1144014

Ah ok. If thats the case them I guess Pallas should equip it.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1143987
>>1143989
>>1144003
>>1144004
>>1144009

Whelp.
>>
>>1144003
"The jump shall take... 188 days, My Lord!... I think! I can try to get another reading, but we'll be in port for 3 more days!"

>Do it

>We'll jump now
>>
>>1144060
>Do it

Let's shop while waiting.
>>
>>1144060

jfc. Thats a 6 months one way trip.

>Do it

I'd almost rather do something else than do this pirate thing for now.

Since in about 8 months time we could be taking over the capital system and consolidating our rule of this sub-sector.
>>
>>1144060
>>Do it
>>
>>1144060
>Do it

Thats a seriously major time investment.

I sort of want to catch the collective fleet when they drop out of warp in their capital system and that will be at the end of month nine.
>>
>>1144095
Wouldn't it be better to get there with a privateer fleet at month 8 so we have time tog set up to smash them?

Also save some slipstream drives. Could be useful for safe short in-sub-sector travel. Slap them in luxury liners, sell them to nobility and high value but not time sensitive goods.
>>
>>1144067
>>1144072
>>1144077
>>1144095
Roll again.
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>1144113
>>
>>1144111
What do you mean?

Our atandard drives mean it'll take one month to reach their capital. So if we leave latest month eight, we'll catch their fleet with no time for repairs and can capture the lot. If we leave even earlier we can sweep their capital orbital space and capture their space dock.

If we have the ships, no point hiring more mercs when we can do it ourselves.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>1144113
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>1144113
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>1144116
D
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>1144113
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>1144113
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1144159
>>1144157
>>1144144
>>1144138
>>1144116

3 in 5 chance!
>>
File: tmp_18549-story23b-1922301336.gif (11KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18549-story23b-1922301336.gif
11KB, 600x450px
>>1144170
> MFW this roll gets used
>>
>>1144170

You're not the QM, leave the d5 be
>>
>>1144191
>>1144022
>>
>>1144131

You should also account fot the unknown.

They could have system defense ships and weapon platforms. Best we move with all our forces.
>>
>>1144238

But thats what im advocating? At end of month six our universe class can also move and our entire fleet can move to their system and start conquering their capital.
>>
>>1144254
Just waste 6 months while our Enemies in the Imperium plot our downfall and portray our hesitation as cowardice and incompetence, while Merchants report we're unable to defend the system?
>>
>>1144170
>>1144159
"Ah... 20 days. I am certain this is accurate."

"Excellent. Begin translation!"

Roll Willpower for Warp Hallucinations. Target number: 47
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>1144305
>>
File: 1331784796730.jpg (98KB, 717x670px) Image search: [Google]
1331784796730.jpg
98KB, 717x670px
>>1144300
The merchants arent being attacked when they are in our system.

Try harder.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>1144305
>>
>>1144310
Welp
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>1144305
>>
File: tmp_18549-Happy kitten192082308.gif (1017KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18549-Happy kitten192082308.gif
1017KB, 300x225px
>>1144310
IT IS A GOOD PAIN.
>>
>>1144312
Welp
>>
>>1144312
Wat.
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>1144305
>>
>>1144313
Roll nigger.
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>1144305
again
>>
>>1144347
>>1144322
>>1144315
>>1144312
>>1144310

What will it be this time?
>>
File: tmp_18549-images(9)-869016458.jpg (10KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18549-images(9)-869016458.jpg
10KB, 218x231px
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1144366
Hot dice.
>>
>>1144373
>>1144366
>>1144312
>>1144305

HAHHAHAHAHA
>>
WERE IS THE BLOOD I WAS PROMISED!!! BRING ME TO THE SLAUGHTER FIELDS!!
>>
>>1144312

"Translation going well! Astronomicon... patchy signal there, we'll be sailing half-blind, but we should be safe with this jump..."

>5 days later

"Captain! Warp Storm, incoming!"

Roll Navigate Warp +10 (target number: 69)
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>1144465
>>
Rolled 6 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>1144465
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>1144465
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>1144465

We have all our combat ships with us right?
>>
>>1144481
The "Resolute" and "Dagger of Spite" are coming with you, but you will only re-unite with them in realspace (Its nigh-impossible to caravan in the Warp)
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>1144465
>>
>>1144486
Did the Resolute leave later so it would arrive at the same time while traveling twice as fast?
>>
>>1144486

No, meant that since we're directly going to confront the pirates, could we have carrion crow with us as well on this attack.

Like in >>1144004
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1144469
>>1144470
>>1144479
>>1144481
>>1144494
>>
>>1144564
This is our goal.
>>
>>1144494
"Storm evaded, Captain!"

The next five days are quiet, and full of free time.

>Shadow a clan to find out more about them (which one?)

>Train (600 XP remaining)

>Wait the time out

>Write-In
>>
>>1144581
>>Train (600 XP remaining)
>>
>>1144581
Spend time with the green.
>>
>>1144581
>Train (600 XP remaining)
>>
>>1144581
>Write-In
Go over the current clans to find one to elevate to be the new accountant clan aboard ship.
>>
>>1144581
>>Train (600 XP remaining)
>>
>>1144581
> train

> Set up retinue
>>
>>1144612
>>1144606
>>1144588
>>1144637

AND here's your upgrade sheet!

Weapon Skill 250 Attribute

Ballistic Skill 250 Attribute

Strength 500 Attribute

Toughness 500 Attribute

Agility 250 Attribute

Intelligence 250 Attribute

Perception 250 Attribute

Willpower 250 Attribute

Fellowship 250 Attribute

Ciphers (Rogue Trader) 100 Skill

Pilot (Space Craft) 100 Skill

Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader) 100 Skill

Speak Language (Trader’s Cant) 100 Skill

Ambidextrous 200 Talent Pre-req: Ag 30
>>
>>1144670
>Fellowship 250 Attribute
>Ambidextrous 200 Talent Pre-req: Ag 30
>>
>>1144681
Second
>>
>>1144670
Ciphers (Rogue Trader) 100 Skill

Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader) 100 Skill
>>
>>1144670
>>1144681
This is fine.

Dual wield laspistol and plasma.
>>
>>1144670
>Fellowship 250
>Agility 250
>100 saved
Fel because it's THE key attribute of a rogue trader. Fellowship helps us negotiate with traders, pirates or surrendering collective leaders. It helps us command and inspire our (very disparate) forces. It helps us settle disputes between shipboard clan leaders or visiting administratum bureaucrats. It's essential.
Agi because it assists with most non-diplomatic scenarios. In combat it lets us react faster, run swifter and dodge better. In non-combat scenarios it'll help us not fall to our death when navigating rusting space hulks, ruined alien civilisations or exotic landscapes. Also stealth. We seem to be a pretty hands-on rogue trader so if we're going to keep putting ourselves in harms way I'd like to stay safe.
Other stats like BS, WS, Int, Per or WP are good but I reckon agility would come in handy the most often. Maybe just behind willpower.
>>
>>1144670
Fellowship 250 Attribute
Ambidextrous 200 Talent Pre-req: Ag 30
>>
>>1144681

That'll do

Thought we took ciphers RT and speak language traders cant last time?

Also, why aren't we equipped with the nav tool?
>>
>>1144738
Because you aren't piloting the ship. That's for the Warp Guide and Helmsman.
>>
>>1144738
>Thought we took ciphers RT and speak language traders cant last time?

Not the last time, no.
>>
>>1144748
Oh, ok.
>>
>>1144681
You spend much of the time training with shooting with your off-hand and honing your social skills.

The journey through the void is long and hard, and begins to wear on your mind: roll Willpower +30 (target number: 77)
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>1144782
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>1144782
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>1144782
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>1144782
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>1144782
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1144783
>>1144785
>>1144788
>>1144791
>>1144795
>>
>>1144800
the party naver ends dose it
>>
>>1144800
fug.

Reroll.
>>
>>1144810
Anyone else want to re-roll (you have 4 Fate Points Remaining, 5 on-ship)
>>
>>1144823

What happens if we fail this roll?
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>1144823
re roll
>>
>>1144827
Warp Hallucinations. Possible insanity and corruption point gain.
>>
>>1144831
>>1144823
Don't reroll, this is early in the thread and we might have much more lethal failures coming up.
>>
>>1144831

Reroll then please.
>>
>>1144823

reroll
>>
>>1144831
I vote for no reroll
>>
>>1144831

No reroll
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>1144835
>>1144844
>>1144810
>>1144829
Re-rollling (using Lance Fate Point)
>>
>>1144913
Shadows and flickering lights bother the more superstitious of the crew, but you simply ignore the strange phenomena. The days at-void roll on...

Five days later, alarms ring throughout the bridge as the Navigator struggles at his post.

"Captain! We're under attack! Warp-beasts... trying to get through the fields! Not sure if they can all be held off!"

Roll 1d100-30.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>1144941
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>1144941
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>1144941
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>1144941
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>1144941
>>
>>1144979
ayyy
>>
>>1144979
>>1144959
Pls now
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1144951
>>1144957
>>1144959
>>1144979
>>1144990
>>
>>1145003
happy days
>>
>>1145003
nice
>>
>>1145003
"We made it through, Captain! The field held against those wretched daemons!"

After 15 days within the Warp, your ship slips out of the void and into realspace.

"Its a Red Dwarf, Captain. Just as expected. Beginning system-mapping scans..."

Roll Scrutiny +25: Target number 81
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>1145044

Good safe warp trip
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>1145044
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>1145044
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>1145044
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>1145044
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1145046
>>1145053
>>1145075
>>1145103
>>1145110
>>
>>1145125
gets it again
>>
>>1145053
"Active sweeping... We've located ship wreckage! Seems to be fairly intact! Its all drifting right on the edge of the system... we've also located four gas giants: one of them's half the size of the Red Dwarf, practically! It looks like there's one more planet further in, in the primary biosphere region... also picking up more adrift craft and... some kind of artificial satellite in the interplanetary void! We're too far out to pick up any ships that might be running silent... where should we set course, Captain?"

>Graveyard on edge of system

>Gas giant 1

>Gas giant 2

>Gas giant 3

>Gas supergiant

>Planet 1

>Artificial satellite

>Inner graveyard
>>
>>1145142
>>
>>1145142
Im assuming we are on the edge of the system?

Lets work inwards.

Has our fleet dewarped safely?
>>
>>1145142
>>Graveyard on edge of system
>>
>>1145155
Yep. "Resolute" timed their jump appropriately and everything! Also, it's down 7 crew and 14 Morale due to an attack by Warp entities/minor daemons. Also its plasma scoop got possessed and had to be set on fire to exorcise it.
>>
>>1145168
>Plasma scoop had to be set on fire
>Plasma on fire

okay Warhammer.
>>
>>1145168

>set fire to the plasma scoop.

Ah 40k, never change.
>>
>>1145171
Its a device for gathering the gasses from gas giants and processing them into plasma for the engines. Presumably, parts of if can, and had to, be burnt to stop it from screaming obscenities about the Emperor and Saint Thor and trying to reverse its pump to spew plasma all over the ship's interior.
>>
>>1145171

I see someones never played ss13

>>1145155

Assuming our location is further out, that'll do
>>
>>1145147
>>1145155
>>1145160
>>1145189
"Take us towards that graveyard."

"Understood, Captain."

You draw into range of the wreckage and conduct a higher-level scan.

"+++HMMM... IF THESE READINGS ARE CORRECT, CAPTAIN, THESE ARE TAU VESSELS. ON THE ENTIRELY WRONG SIDE OF THE GALAXY, NO LESS... THAT'S NOT THE STRANGEST PART, HOWEVER: THAT WOULD BE THE FACT THAT THESE TAU VESSELS ARE ALMOST ENTIRELY UNDAMAGED. IN THEORY, WE COULD GET THESE CRAFT RUNNING WITH LESS THAN A MONTH OF EFFORT... NOT THAT I'M SUGGESTING SUCH A THING, OF COURSE, AND THE INTERNAL DAMAGE MAY BE MORE SEVERE...+++"

>Mark them down on the map and set course for another feature (which one?)

>Activate defensive Augur arrays and cycle interceptor sweeps around our ship: I don't like this.

>Write-In
>>
>>1145213
>>Activate defensive Augur arrays and cycle interceptor sweeps around our ship: I don't like this.
>>Write-In
Deep scans of the ships.
>>
>>1145213
>active defensive augars and deep scanning
>>
>>1145213
>>1145222
>>1145226
These.

Defensive augers shouls be more med-short range.
>>
>>1145230
>>1145226
>>1145222
"Understood, Captain. Running deep scans now!"

"+++THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME. THE PLASMA DRIVES ARE OFFLINE: THERE'S NO POSSIBLE WAY THAT LIFE-SUPPORT IS FUNCTIONAL, AND NO VOID SUIT HAS AN AIR OR WATER SUPPLY THAT ADVANCED.+++"

Roll Scrutiny +5: Target number 61.
>>
>>1145213
>>Activate defensive Augur arrays and cycle interceptor sweeps around our ship: I don't like this.

I would also suggest sounding general quarters
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>1145243
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>1145243
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>1145243
"Humour me my good magos. We are just sitting off its bow"
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>1145243
And would you rather risk the safety of the Machine spirit my dear Magos?
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>1145243
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1145247
>>1145248
>>1145249
>>1145254
>>1145265
>>
File: 1359293724206.jpg (48KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
1359293724206.jpg
48KB, 1280x544px
>>1145266
>>
>>1145247
"We're getting some kind of interference from the solar winds! Can't do an in-depth scan at the moment!"

>Fine then. Take us further in.

>Then we wait for conditions to clear!

>Write-In

>>1145272
This is me, anon. Forgot to put my name back on.
>>
>>1145276

On the one hand caution, slow but steady.

On the other hand, element of surprise, if we still have it.

I'm of the opinion to try diplomacy before we start shooting, anyone else still interested in that?
>>
>>1145276
We have launch bay correct?
Send a cutter to fly past and scan
>>
>>1145276
>Then we wait for conditions to clear!
>>
>>1145276
>>Write-In
Send a boarding party of armsmen.
>>
>>1145276
>>Then we wait for conditions to clear!

suppose surprise ain't worth much if we get Eiffel towered
>>
>>1145298
>>1145291
"Understood, sir!"

Three hours later, a second scan is undertaken

Roll, target number 61.
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>1145309
Really chillin tau.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>1145309
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>1145309
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>1145309
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>1145309
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1145312
>>1145316
>>1145320
>>1145323
>>1145330
>>
>>1145312
"Damnation! The vessel must be made out of some kind of stealth alloy, our scan-signals are just bouncing right off!"

>Enough of this! Take us further in!

>Send a boarding team in now!
>>
>>1145333
>Now my vote is the one picked.

Just fuck me up.
>>
>>1145336
>>Send a boarding team in now!
>>
>>1145336
>>Send a boarding team in now!
>>
>>1145336
>>
>>1145336

This is why we brought the Orks.
>>
>>1145364
no! They shoot up everything that might be valuable.
>>
>>1145343
>>1145349
>>1145351
>>1145364
"Deploy the Orks as a boarding team. They are expendable."

"Sending them in now, Captain."

"Dis 'ere is Boss Flash-Teef, and we iz about ta dock wit- I SAID DOCK WIT, YA STOOPID GIT, NOT FLY AT SHOUTIN! Anywayz, we iz in da bluie 'ulk now in our speshul vackum suits. Takin' a cop out da door... WAAA- aww, dey ain't 'ere! I wuz 'open dere'd be a fight on! Lookz like dey bled all arvo erryfing and den left. 'Old on, I fink Crazy Rogger's found sumfing!- nah, 'es jest shoutin at 'is foot again. Ooh, a bluie pistol! Dis is mine, gottit boss? You can take da rest, but dis pistol, in me 'and? Mine. Gonna kustomize it. So, dis whole 'ulk looks like it'd be a good bit'a loot, once ya get more ov da bluie stainz out and make it more orky and flash. You'd even git some bluie shootaz, so dat's like, a bonus! Dere's a bunch of crystalz on the floor too, all green and stuf, prolly make some good ack- acc- asc- bitz you put on da fings to make 'em look more noicer."

>That was a waste of time. Onwards and inwards!

>Men, start stripping these ships down for parts of value.

>Write-In

>>1145377
These are Bad Moons: along with Blood Axes, they're the "smartest" Ork clan, and are fairly reliable (for Orks)
>>
>>1145394
>>Men, start stripping these ships down for parts of value.
>>
>>1145394
>Start stripping the parts.

The orks aleast got to go on a trip and new gubbins.
>>
>>1145394
>>That was a waste of time. Onwards and inwards!

We can come back later, now, on to business
>>
>>1145394

What gun did he pick up anyways? I'm curious.
>>
>>1145394
>Men, start stripping these ships down for parts of value.

> Tell the Orks that this counts as their battle deployment since they got loot. They can't complain if we end up hiring instead of fighting the Pirates.

Also stop trying to give us Elder soul stones. Tell the Ork instead that some crystals can be used to intensify laser weaponry and he should use them for that since the Orks are so "kreative".

Actually let's try to get him to take those instead of the pistol with that logic. He could have that little blue pistol, OR we could give him a big lascannon to flash up with the shiny gubbins for technicolor laser death from above. Make "Freem! FREEM!" Sounds and wave your pistol around while talking about it.
>>
>>1145405
Pulse pistol. He's planning on overcharging its battery, breaching the containment core, and juicing up the accelerator to make it a "Sooper plazma pistal".
>>
>>1145407

. . . The Ork Quarters are on the edge of the ship yes?
>>
>>1145409
In one of the unused cargo holds, which has been locked down and given emergency reinforcement (and triple-strength filtration to prevent the ship from catching Orks).
>>
>>1145407

Christ. Sort of want.

These bad moons are gonna be armed with pulse rifles. This is going to end up either very good or very bad.
>>
>>1145394
Move on. There's no sense stripping the ship until the system is cleared
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1145402
>>1145403
>>1145406
"Men, start scouring this ship for anything useful! Flash-Teeth, once we are done, you can take anything we don't want: use them to 'kustomize' your weaponry, or... make more golden tusks, or whatever it is you do with your 'loot'.

"Aww... awwright, den. 'Ey, boyz! Start sweepin all dese crystals inta a sack and get 'em on da boat! I bet dey'd look flash on da end ov a slugga!"

Your men do an initial sweep of the ship...
>>
>>1145423
>Low is good.jpg
>>
>>1145423
2 Artifacts are recovered during the initial sweep. Roll 1d10 to generate the first: first four rolls are used.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>1145428

Gimme ship components!
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>1145423
Aw it was 1 d5+1 artifacts.

Do we get to loot their armouries for equipment for our rank and file?
>>
Rolled 95 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>1145428
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>1145428

I'm game for letting the orkz keep the pulse weapons
>>
>>1145414
Nah we get those.

> You'd even git some bluie shootaz, so dat's like, a bonus!

I'm pretty sure it's just my Imperialist blood that wants to trade him shiny rocks for valuable stuff anyways.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>1145428
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>1145428
Goddamn autofill
>>
>>1145437
>>1145438

1d10 my good anons.
>>
>>1145444
My rolls are really swingy today.
>>
>>1145442

>Death-Dream’s Fragment

If i'm reading the charts correct, no one touch this damned thing.
>>
>>1145428
Also! Votes for taking the stealth coating off the ship for our Frigate +THE RESOLUTE+? Make it more useful as a scout?

Ork engine that take 19 space could totally fit in its 40 available space
>>
>>1145450

It doesn't have 40 available space mate. Look further down for the total available. 40 is the total space.
>>
>>1145447
Death dreams fragment is from the latest book stars of inequity, it replaces its reloud time with extra damge, Any hit by the weapon must make a +0 will check or suffer 1d10 will damage and the gun reloads to full, if no will damage is delt and it runs out of ammo it gives the user 1d10 insanity points…and reloads

Weapon appears to be of unknow xeno make melding Cystal and metal into a rifle like shape. Those hit by the weapon and lived to tell the tail claim that as it ravaged their body, it ravaged their souls, The Kaptain on his part says that its "not proppa" and "No Dakka at tal" and has tried a few times to leave it somewhere yet some how it always winds back up in his personal "study" by the days end
>>
>>1145452
Never mind me then lol
>>
>>1145450

i vote we throw those engines out
>>
>>1145430
>>1145435
>>1145442
>>1145443
You've found a full suit of Tau armor in a locker near the bridge! Your xenologist says that the label on it identifies it as an "Experimental Type-8 Rapid-Deployment Fire Armor." Its physical material is some kind of lightweight armor plating of incredible durability. The helmet is armed with some kind of photo-visor attachment. (Armor 8 to all locations, helmet is equipped with a photo-filter visor, 7.5 kg)

Roll for second artifact.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>1145463
10 pls
>>
>>1145463
Shit: armor provides a +2 bonus to Initiative.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>1145463
>>
>>1145466
Tau ship components! yes....
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>1145463
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>1145463
>>
>>1145463
Perfect for our Tau like strength!

Let's strap skulls and seals all over it.
>>
>>1145466
>>1145469
>>1145474
>>1145475

>Unpredictable Best Quality Tau Pulse Drive.
>>
>>1145479
And repaint it black, carve some scripture on there, add a few Eagles, the odd skull, a few postit seals and boom our new armour.
>>
>>1145480
> Is still shit because pulse drive
>>
>>1145486

Definitely be a sight better than what the collective has.
>>
>>1145480
The ship's plasma drive is... blocky. Slick, modular components of a polished, golden sheen, with cells still charged, rest neatly at the back of the ship.

+++STUDY OF THIS DESIGN INDICATES THAT POWER OUTPUT MAY SURGE UNPREDICTABLY: XENOS INCOMPETENCE, AS USUAL. THEY COVER UP THEIR INABILITY TO CRAFT ANYTHING PROPER BY CLAIMING THIS TO BE A "BUG".+++

(Tau Generation 10 Plasma Generator: Outputs 45 Power, takes up 9 Space. Can be installed onto a ship without a starport. Successful maneuvers succeed by 1 extra degree: failed maneuvers fail by 2 extra degrees.)

You also strip the ship's armory of pulse rifles to arm your boarding teams with.

Remaining Xenotech Points: 345

>More! MORE!

>Leave this be for now: let us head inwards!
>>
>>1145496
>>Leave this be for now: let us head inwards!

Mark this location on our maps. We'll be back.

Which clan usually makes up the ship security team? I hope they like their new toys.
>>
>>1145496
>>Leave this be for now: let us head inwards!
>>
>>1145496
Getting off for tonight.
>>
>>1145501
thanks for running
>>
>>1145501
Thanks for running sev. See you tomorrow.
>>
>>1145495
Give it to the >>1145496
SDF force.
>>
>>1145496
> Trap the ship

Rig it to blow if anyone else tries to claim it.
>>
>>1145511

If we refit the tempest class, we just need to source a warp drive and that thing can follow our war fleet about.
>>
>>1145501
Thanks for running
>>
We should get the tau generator and weapons on the way back if possible, we have 2 ships that really need some upgrades
>>
>>1145576

Tau space gear isn't all that useful though.

plus xenos
>>
>>1145579

it's way more usefull than the things we have installed on them right now, we can replace it with stc later.

and again with the xenos talk? we already have 2 ships with xeno parts and are currently carring a xeno battalion on ship. hell we are even installing an ork engine on one of those captured collective ships
>>
>>1145581

Not terribly so.

Those ships with the xenos parts weren't voted on, for one. Wasn't much of a vote on bringing orks either.

Ork engine is shit.
>>
>>1145586

What I'm trying to demonstrate is that our character doesn't have much problems or reservations about working with xeno and xenotech.Of course we are not parading them in front of everyone, but if we can keep it discreet and it's useful we usually use it

We are in this experdition for personal glory and wealth, not on a holy mision to bring the emperor to every corner of the galaxy while purging it clean, and this option was voted on character creation
>>
>>1145594
not being a zealot does not mean rolling around in xenos shit is a ok

personal glory and wealth mean fuck all if you get branded a heretic, and yeah i was there for chargen.

ridiculous that there's tau shit all the way across the universe in any case
>>
>>1145596

yeah, the tau part intrigues me too.

if there's anything we can agree on isthat maybe we should try to recover this ship's log to see what's doing all the way on the other side of the galaxy, provided we can translate it of course

my bet is that the xenos the collective interacted with are actually Tau and got separated from their empire like the collective got separated from ours
>>
>>1145594
I mean, so long as they are internal parts.

We need to see how cool the Mechanicus is with it and play it by that.

Field-swapping the parts out here is probably acceptable though. It notes it's swappable without a drydock.

We can always trade them in for STC parts later.

And quite frankly, neither the Ork nor the Tau gear is good enough to really warrant using Xeno parts.

The Pulse Rifles on the other hand, we are totally going to use. I recommend using them for our personal guard, and dressing them up like Imperial weapons and not letting any Mechanicus look at them ever.
>>
>>1145604
From the descriptions of the Xenos, and the fact that they found their homeworld, I would say this is unlikely.

And to clarify, I don't mind using Xenotech that much, but political capital with the Machanicus is better IMO.
>>
>>1145604
No doubt

First meeting the collective I immediately thought Tau, but if/how they got here is pretty interesting. I mean, for the Tau to have been separated and get here they'd have to travel almost all the way across the Imperium.

>>1145605

Long as stuff can stay hidden it's more or less a safe bet I'd agree. Pulse rifles and orkz are pretty loud tho
>>
>>1145605
Add a few skulls, aquillas nd seals, maybe change the casing if we can
>>
>>1145604

The tau have turn up in other segmentums too, even obscurus if im not mistaken. Answer has usually been a couple of ships or a fleet bounced too hard off the surface of a particularly rough current and got flung far far off course.

Also:
>Compared to typical Imperial Warp speeds the Tau drive was slower by a factor of five.

This is an interesting bit. The collective drives are even worse than those of the Tau. An interesting tidbit. This should make the collective actually being related to the tau empire rather unlikely.
>>
>>1145498
>>1145500
"Setting impulse towards the fifth planet!"

The gas giant here is less than a day away from the abandoned ships.

Roll Scrutiny +25: target number 81.
>>
Rolled 4 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>1145873
>>
Rolled 67 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>1145873
>>
Rolled 99 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>1145873
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>1145873
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>1145873
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1145877
>>1145883
>>1145890
>>1145938
>>1145942
>>
>>1145945
well I'll be damned.
>>
>>1145945
Oh thank the Emperor.
>>
>>1145877
"Nothing but gas, sir. There's... six moons in orbit, but none of them have any value... sir, we're picking up a signal on Imperial broadcast channels!... Its a distress beacon!"

>Lock location and bring us about!

>Hail the signal. Let's talk to them.

>Write-In
>>
>>1145956
>>
>>1145956
>Hail the signal. Let's talk to them.
>>
>>1145956
>Lock onto the location and slowly bring us about while we hail it.
>>
>>1145972

This
>>
>>1145956

Seems like the sort of tricks a pirate would pull
>>
>>1145956

> Frigate with its dope scanners does some scans.
>>
>>1145968
>>1145972
>>1145998
>>1146007
>>1146055
"Understood, Captain. We'll scan the ship as soon as we are within range. Hailing them now."

"Unknown vessel, this is Lord-Captain Alexander Pallas of the Absolution, we have registered your SOS signal and are responding, do you read us?"

The voice on the other side of the line is garbled by static and pain.

"Oh... oh blessed Saints, someone responded! This is... this is the captain of the IVS "Tidings of Ferrus"! We are ahhh!... we are stranded at solar coordinates 85.948 X, 77.444 Y, -93.215 Z. There was... there was some kind of... gellar field malfunction... engines are annihilated... warp drive broke in half... oh God-Emperor, why?... so many dead... please, for the Emperor's love, save us or kill us, just don't leave us adrift like this!"

>Don't worry, we're coming to rescue you. Just hold tight a few days until our engines can bring us about.

>... the risk is too great. Gather the survivors and spend the next few days purifying your souls. We shall give you the Emperor's Mercy soon enough.

>Write-In

"Captain, the solar coordinates correspond to the second ship graveyard, deeper in the system. Charting intercept course now."

>Good.

>Belay that order! Investigate the rest of the system first. They've survived over a month at void, they'll live another week.

>Write-In

"Hey, Captain? This is Vox-Master Higgs, here! Yer, uh 'guests', in the cargo hold? They're dialing access codes at random and shouting to "gob wit' da Boss". They're saying you ripped them off about something."

>Send the Bosuns in. Beat the animals into submission

>Wire me through!

>Write-In
>>
>>1146272
>Don't worry, we're coming to rescue you. Just hold tight a few days until our engines can bring us about.

>Good.

>Wire me through!
>>
>>1146272

No harm in telling them this, even if we do end up giving them Mercy, might be able to rally themselves better

>Good.

>Wire me through!
>>
>>1146272

>Good.

>Wire me through!
>>
>>1146284
>>1146288
>>1146338
"Don't worry, we're coming to rescue you. Just hold tight a few days until our engines can bring us about."

"Please-- hurry!"

You use the vox-channel to contact the Orks.

"What do you want?"

"We want replasement loot, ya git! We took dem crysstals, yeah? Swept 'em up ta use 'em for decoration! An' now deyse melted an' me faverite grot's dead, cuz' it turns out dem crystals wuz made of poison or sumfing! We want betta loot!"

>I'm not responsible for your mistakes, ork. (Orks will lose some respect for you)

>(Command): There'll be other hulks to loot, just keep your heads on. (risk of respect loss on failure)

>(Charm): Poison crystals? Those sound VERY valuable! Why don't you store the poison and use it? (risk of respect loss on failure)

>Listen, you can take some loot when we re-visit the Tau ships (loss of some Xenotech)
>>
>>1146381
>Listen, you can take some loot when we re-visit the Tau ships (loss of some Xenotech)

>But The Poison crystals sounds...useful if you were to make them into bombs and explosives.
>>
>>1146394
"Awwright, awwright, 's fine, den. An I'd do dat, but 's all melted all over da floor, and da squigs're - " You hear a wet detonating noise in the background- "yep, dere eatin' it. Anyways, I guess dat's it."

The line closes out.

A few days later, your ship closes the void-gap and starts to approach the graveyard.

"Active scanning commenced, sir."

Roll Scrutiny +25: target number 81.
>>
>>1146381
>(Charm): Poison crystals? Those sound VERY valuable! Why don't you store the poison and use it? (risk of respect loss on failure)

Also, this SOS is 100% a pirate trap.
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>1146552
Call general quarters, as a precaution
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>1146552
>>
Rolled 4 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>1146552
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>1146552

>>1146556
Aye. Same thing as the previous wreck, defensive augers and interceptor patrols.
>>
Rolled 38 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>1146552
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1146560
>>1146561
>>1146563
>>1146572
>>1146577
>>
>>1146577
"Registering... a LOT of Eldar craft, sir. No life-signs or energy signatures aboard them... Ah! Pinpointed a Jerico-class ship, drifting loose about 18 Void Units ahead and drifting in our general direction! Scanning ship for damage and survivors!"

Roll Scrutiny +25 again: same target number.
>>
Rolled 91 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>1146635
>>
Rolled 2 + 25 (1d20 + 25)

>>1146635
>>
Rolled 52 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>1146659
Oops, sorry
>>
Rolled 24 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>1146635
>>
Rolled 31 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>1146635
>>
Rolled 5 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>1146635
>>
>>1146635
>Registering... a LOT of Eldar craft, sir. No life-signs or energy signatures aboard them

I see loot
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1146644
>>1146669
>>1146684
>>1146688
>>1146708
>>
>>1146711

I see more times we are going carzy
And soulstones
>>
>>1146684
"Scans ongoing... we're getti- BY ALL THE SAINTS, THIS ISN'T AN IMPERIAL CRAFT! SOMETHING WAS GIVING US A FALSE POSITIVE! RED ALERT, RED ALERT, ALL SHIPS ARM WEAPONS, WE HAVE AN UNIDENTIFIED CRAFT-"

A howling, screaming noise suddenly blares over the bridge's speakers, followed by the voice of the captain.

"I'm... I'm so sorry, they made me- it was the only way the pain would-*snik* "

"YOUR WORTHLESS LIVES ARE MINE. RESIST, AND FACE ETERNAL SUFFERING. SURRENDER, AND BE REWARDED WITH ETERNAL SERVITUDE."

"Sir! There's a lot of interference coming from the surrounding area, but I think we're picking up crafts decloaking around the graveyard! They must have been hanging just outside of active augury range! How the Hells could ships run that quiet?!'"

"*-zzt* Captain, this is the Resolute and Dagger of Spite, repor*zzt*esgistering six unknown crafts in the*zzt*. Wha*zzt*our orders?"

>Emergency warp-jump, engage! They have us outnumbered two to one!

>Battle Stations.

>Write-In
>>
>>1146742
Ship types?
>>
>>1146742
>Battle Stations.
>>
>>1146752
Unknown to your vessel's cogitators. One of them fits the profile of a Cruiser-type craft, if sensors can be trusted. The rest are using escort engines (maybe?)
>>
>>1146742
>>Emergency warp-jump, engage! They have us outnumbered two to one!

All ships are to rendezvous back at Othhaw.
>>
>>1146742
>Emergency warp-jump, engage! They have us outnumbered two to one!

Sigh if had even just the carrion crow with us this fight might have been doable.
>>
>>1146772
If they are Elder ships then teleporter works.

>>1146742

Teleporter bombs onto them while kiting away.
>>
>>1146779
>If they are Elder ships then teleporter works.

Do we need to get locks on the ships for the teleporter to work though. Sev, can it work?
>>
>>1146742
>Battle Stations.
>>
>>1146791
>>1146779

You will need to conduct a Focused Augury to determine proper explosive placement, and the target will need to be within Five Void Units, but yes.
>>
>>1146803
Fuck it Let's do it
>>
My money is on dark eldar
>>
>>1146803

Emergency warp jump means no gellar field right?

How long will it take for the fields to come up.
>>
>>1146817
Several hours, during which your ship will run a significant risk of taking critical damage and losing Crew and Morale.
>>
Get close to the biggest ship and send over the Orks
>>
>>1146742
>Battle Stations.

Get the Orks on their ships
>>
>>1146830

i guess thats abit too long, when under eldar weapons.

Microwarp jump a day out or so. Give orders to all ships to standby for warp incursion. All armsmen to stand to.

If ships lose contact, they are to make their way back to Othhaw system by themselves.
>>
>>1146755
>>1146802
>>1146851
>>1146838
"Battle stations! Ready to engage the filthy Xenos dogs!"

"Roger, Captain! RED ALERT, ALL SHIPS: BATTLE STATIONS! SUFFER NOT THE XENOS TO LIVE!"

Roll 1d10 for Ship Initiative: first three rolls used.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>1146878
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>1146878

Whelp. This is going to end terribly.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>1146878

Distance to the enemy ships? How far is the closest and how far away is the cruiser?
>>
>>1146882
>>1146892
>>1146903
Initiative Order:

Dagger of Spite
Xenos Escort 1
Xenos Escort 2
Xenos Cruiser
Xenos Escort 3
Xenos Escort 4
Xenos Escort 5
Absolution
Resolute

Nearest ship is Xenos Escort 4, dead ahead, 17 Void Units now.

Cruiser appears to be 26 Void Units off your keel.

The Resolute is 18 Void Units off your port keel, the Dagger of Spite is 13 Void Units off Starboard Keel.

>Your Orders, Captain?
>>
Basic Primer to fighting Eldar:

Eldar escorts are very fragile but very hard to hit. Macrobatteries have a -20 to hit. All other weapons, -40 to hit, including ramming. Detection or locks are done at a -30 modifier.

We need to concentrate fire on the escorts on by one to knock them out of the fight. If we can hit them with one or two hits, we should be able to disable a single escort each turn, assuming we're not in range for hit and run.

The cruiser will be the problem since it is also hardy, basically with the profile of the resolute but with the bonuses of being hard to hit as well. We can only hope that concentrated fire can bring it down or do a boarding action.

>>1146984

Dagger of spite and Resolute are to close formation with us. and we should turn to present our port.

All fighters scramble. Fighter craft are to defend our ships against incoming torpedoes.

Attempt to acquire lock on Xenos Escort 4 and open fire with all port weapons.

If the enemy ships end their turn within 5 VUs prep away parties of orks.

Auger array parties are to scan ships for recognisable profiles.
>>
>>1146984
Seconding >>1147017
>>
>>1147017

This is a good plan
>>
>>1147017
The Resolute has great augurs for this.

If we get a lock let's telephoto over the Orks.
>>
>>1147036

That we are fighting eldar means this is a terrible plan already. Wish we had managed to bring along the Carrion Crow.
>>
>>1147017
>>1146984
Back this.

Don't let the Dagger get cut off and surrounded!
>>
>>1147046

Well, correction then, this is a good plan, considering the circumstances
>>
>>1147017
>>1146984
With those accuracy penalties we should rely heavily on hit and run / boarding actions whether by teleporter or other means.

We loaded at least one of the Atomics onto the Absolution in preparation for the Collective fleet battle, right?
Using that to pop the cruiser would probably be our most immediate goal for this combat.
>>
>>1147074

Teleportation also requires augury scanning. So also -30.

>atomics on eldar cruiser

...yes this. If we can do this we can win. It needs to get in range though.
>>
>>1146984
>>1147074
>>1147085

Pertinent to this plan, Resolute should make use of its +15 augur array to try and scan the cruiser.
>>
>>1147017
>>1147029
>>1147036
>>1147043
>>1147054
>>1147074
"Understood, sir, grouping up- ARGH!"

"Ship under fire, Captain! Dagger of Spite taking heavy bombardment from... I don't know what, but they just blew out our augurs!"
Hull: 15
Crew: 89
Morale: 78

"Resolute's being ripped to shreds! What kind of lance-weaponry even IS this?!"
Hull: 12
Crew: 79
Morale: 59

"Captain! Torpedoes and craft inbound!"

"Captain, we're taking direct fire from the enemy craf-"

An enormous shockwave rocks the vessel.

"Damage report!"

"Whatever that was, it just ripped off a third of our hull armor! We detected some kind of bombardment to disrupt the shields, and then a lance impacted!"

"We've lost 10% of the crew!"

"The men are fearful, Captain! They think this mission is suicide!"
Hull Integrity: 40

Crew Population: 90

Crew Morale: 80

The same howling screech echoes over the vox-line again.

"What's the matter, mon'keigh? I thought the Emperor protected you? Well, where is he?! Nowhere! NOWHERE AT ALL!!!"

>I'll make you choke on those words, xenos filth! (follow through with plan of action.)

>I'm not with the Imperial Navy, son of Commorragh. Maybe we can come to an... arrangement. No need for violence.(negotiate)

>The Emperor shall save our souls from the Warp: more than you can claim, dammed monster! Navigator, emergency warp-jump! All ships, retreat! (Emergency Warp Jump)

>Write-In
>>
>>1147245
>>The Emperor shall save our souls from the Warp: more than you can claim, dammed monster! Navigator, emergency warp-jump! All ships, retreat! (Emergency Warp Jump)

Ayup.

Have the gellar fields come online already? We should have been at least trying to turn them on.
>>
>>1147257
1.5 hours (3 Strategic Turns) left until they're online.
>>
>>1147245
>>I'll make you choke on those words, xenos filth! (follow through with plan of action.)
>>
>>1147259

Doesn't matter. Get out already.

One strategic turn and Absolute & Dagger are at less than 50%. We wont last.

Get into warp.
>>
>>1147245

>The Emperor shall save our souls from the Warp: more than you can claim, dammed monster! Navigator, emergency warp-jump! All ships, retreat! (Emergency Warp Jump)

Make sure its a microjump so its only a short time spent in the warp.

Just enough to put good distance between us and the enemy so we can reengage the gellar field and run.

All ships should be given the same instructions and orders to return to othhaw if we get seperated.
>>
>>1147245
>I'll make you choke on those words, xenos filth! (follow through with plan of action.)
>>
>>1147245
>>
>>1147245
>>
>>1147245

>I'm not with the Imperial Navy, son of Commorragh. Maybe we can come to an... arrangement. No need for violence.(negotiate)
>>
>>1147245
>>The Emperor shall save our souls from the Warp: more than you can claim, dammed monster! Navigator, emergency warp-jump! All ships, retreat! (Emergency Warp Jump)
>>
>>1147291
Seconding.
>>
>>1147245

>split our forces they said
>engage an enemy outnumbered 2 to 1 they said

damn you anons
>>
>>1147621
>>1147347
>>1147291
>>1147280
>>1147257
"IS THAT SO?!?! SLAANESH WILL RIP YOUR SPINE OUT OF YOUR RANCID A-"

You shut the vox-line.

"Initiating emergency warp-jump now, Captain! Aiming for nearest star system!"

The skies rip open and you fade into the realm of madness, unshielded...

Roll a Willpower -30 test. Target number: 17
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>1147783
Anon's earned this.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>1147783
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>1147783
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>1147783
>>
>>1147792

It appears they won't learn that bad decisions earn shitty outcomes. I should say folks have become accustomed to quests where the QM lets them win.
>>
Rolled 10 - 30 (1d100 - 30)

>>1147783
>>
>>1147843
Emperor be with you anon.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1147792
>>1147794
>>1147802
>>1147806
>>1147843
>>
>>1147862
ah fuck. How bad is it with this many degrees of failure. Whats this for.
>>
File: 1360541664642.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1360541664642.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
>>
Rolled 71 + 70 (1d100 + 70)

>>1147802
>>
>>1147862
Hype
>>
>>1147862
Re-roll...?
>>
File: Star_of_Chaos.jpg (40KB, 610x645px) Image search: [Google]
Star_of_Chaos.jpg
40KB, 610x645px
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1147896
WHY DO YOU CLING TO THE IMPERIUM?...

WHAT DO THEY GIVE YOU THAT WE CANNOT?...

THE DEATHS OF YOUR ENEMIES!

ETERNAL LIFE!

ALL THE TREASURES OF A MILLION WORLDS!

WISDOM BEYOND ANYTHING YOU COULD ATTAIN IN YOUR FLEETING MORTAL LIFETIME!

JUST GIVE YOURSELF TO US...

The whispering is a gentle, but constant current in your mind, coaxing you with endless promises of power...

>You've gained Corruption.

"Captain! Can you not sense it?! All around the hull! They're COMING!"

Roll 1d100.
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>1147939

we didn't get option for a fate point?

can corruption be gotten rid of?
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>1147939
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>1147939

"Warp take you'll you might get my life but you'll never take my soul!

General Quarters! All armsmen prepare to repeal boarders! Father Walpurgis! If you'd be so kind, lead us in prayer and pipe it through the ship. Show them the strength of our devotion!"

>>1147949
no.
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>1147939

>>1147949
I think he said if we went of long relaxing vacations and stuff.
>>
>>1147954
>no.

Fucking anons and their shitty ideas
>>
>>1147959
That's insanity. Corruption is more of a "getting beaten by an electro-whip in a basement while confessing your sins" kind of deal.
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>1147939
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1147949
>>1147950
>>1147954
>>1147959
>>1147986
>>
>>1147954
"Holding! Holding... Gellar field back online, sir! We plunge forward, into the Warp!"

Your ship rolls through the Immaterium for 8 days, before rippling back out into a star system. A vast, roaring star burns ahead of your ship, spiraling in a stunning manner, with arcing flashes of light bursting forth.

"A pulse-star..."

"Captain! This is the Resolute! We are still in one piece, although I have no idea how! Permission to return to Othhaw to give a report and restock supplies and crew!"

The Thief of Heaven is nowhere to be found in hailing range.

>Permission granted

>Wait for the Thief of Heaven, captain.
>>
>>1148026
>>Wait for the Thief of Heaven, captain.

"Hold good Captain. We shall wait a few days. Take the time to effect what repairs to your ship but keep your void shields and gellar fields active. Then we shall depart for home together. Do you require any assistance?"
>>
>>1148026
>Wait for the Thief of Heaven, captain.
>>
>>1148026
>>1148045

Weapons, shields and gellar active at all this.

Ships should standby for a quick warp entry.

We'll wait for abit then depart for Othhaw.
>>
>>1148045

backing
>>
>>1148026
Getting off for now.
>>
>>1148045
Supporting
>>
>>1148045
>>>Wait for the Thief of Heaven, captain.
>>
>>1147823
. . . . Why didn't we use fate points?
>>
Next time we should shoot at anything showing signs of warp corruption. No talking to survivors, no boarding missions, just guns talking. Also we should not hail anything that is not in shooting distance.
>>
>>1148398
next time we shouldn't go blundering off into an obvious trap and then attack superior forces that have the drop on us

I think we can all agree on putting the space elfs down though
>>
I think we should tell the Inquisition about that little trap, and let them deal with it.
>>
>>1148254
Because the QM is fucking terrible that's why
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>1148450
Sounds like you're whining and bitching because you aren't auto-winning. Rogue Trader isn't an easy, happy, carefree game. Maybe if people stopping running headfirst into stupid situations as if they were invincible shit like this wouldn't happen.
>>
>>1148452
We could have used fate points.

We didn't.

That's on the players not the QM.

Then again emergency warp or trying to drive off DE. Tough call.

I think it would have been possible with fate points. Worth trying first at least.

Don't be such a little bitch either.

It's over. Move on.
>>
>>1148045
>>1148047
>>1148168
>>1148091
>>1148062
The Dagger of Spite (sorry for the typo, it was late) boils out of the Warp three days later. Visual scans show signs of SOMETHING having taken several large "bites" out of the hull.

"This is... the Dagger of Spite... we're all still alive... were attacked during Warp Transit by a Warp Leviathan... life-support on the fritz... I think we can make one more jump..."

>Fine. Battlegroup Pallas, return to Othhaw! Navigator, start scrying the route!

>Stay here, we'll send a repair team in a transport to fix you up!

>Write-In

>>1148450
>>1148254
I apologize, this was my oversight. Mea culpa.
>>
>>1148882

Include a priest. Search for signs of corruption. We might have to put it down.
>>
>>1148882
Meh. Players could have thought of it.

I'm almost tempted to say we should tripfag to distinguish when there isn't anyone who understands RT voting.
>>
>>1148882
Shouldn't we check for signs of Warp corruption as well? Maybe make sure that the Gellar fields are working properly.
>>
>>1148882
Send the full team of priests and such to fix whats fucked, if they need a new engine we got the Tau one as a spare, though not ideal.

Maybe transfer all none necessary crew to the other two ships once they've been cleared for no chaos taint. Then when we warp jump back to base only use a little more than skeleton crew.
>>
>>1148931
Let's finish looting the Tau ships first.
>>
File: image_preview.jpg (17KB, 217x303px) Image search: [Google]
image_preview.jpg
17KB, 217x303px
>>1148935
>>
>>1148889
>>1148904
>>1148931
"Stay put! I'm dispatching a relief complement of tech-priests to help with your life-support, and once we get back to port, we'll assemble a larger group to aid you! Navigator, the scrying, if you please!"

"Understood, Captain." *Clatter*

>Roll Psyscience test. Target number: 65
>>
>>1148940
We could have burned a fate point to lock onto the DEldar cruiser with our teleporter and blown it the fuck up.

Don't save Fate Points in RT. You NEED to use them for shit like this. And occasionally burn them.

Without those tau ships we're at a serious loss.

Slap the Tau drive into the Dagger so it can begin limping home to summon reinforcements. Go get loot.
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>1148974
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>1148974
>>
>>1148977
Question about RT: in a normal game, is the use of a Fate Point declared before or after the roll is made?
>>
>>1148986
After the result of the roll is revealed, but before the consequences are declared.
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>1148974
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>1148974
Pray to the Toaster STC
>>
>>1148990
So the use of a Fate Point should be declared after your roll determining which result is to be used has been made.
>>
>>1148986
Using? After.

To get +10 to a roll? Before.

To increase a success by 1 degree? After.

To avoid death? Burn.

I did note OP earlier said it could be burned for a roll of 1 so IDK if that counts here.

You can also use them to recover wounds & roll 10 for initiative.
>>
>>1148990
You're going to have to ask on failed rolls or say when votes are closed then.
>>
>>1149005
>>1149001
Fair, fair. Once again: mea culpa.
>>
>>1149005
>>1148990
Wait I forgot you rolled to pick rolls.
>>
>>1149006
It's cool just give us extra experience from learning about DEldar. Or remove our corruption from the warp jump.
>>
>>1149015
I was planning on the former anyways. (A useful note: from now on, as per the rules for Mimic Engines, the Absolution, Resolute, and Dagger of Spite have a +20 to seeing through Mimic Engine disguises, as the inconsistencies created by the tech have been logged in the cogitator banks of the ships)
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>1148974
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1148980
>>1148982
>>1148991
>>1148996
>>1149076

Re-roll?
>>
>>1149134
No reroll
>>
>>1149134

nope, good to go.

this was a roll I was actualy inclined to reroll if we failed, we could potentially lose a ship here
>>
>>1149076
"I see... the Serpent's Eye... flowing into the Storm of Dreaming..."

The Navigator turns himself away from his bowl of blood and graven bones, his third eye closing with audible slimy noise.

"I see a passage-length of oh, around 18 days. The Warp is clear, and the Astronomicon burns bright. Shall we begin the sacrifice and prepare to translate?"

>Yes!
>No, not yet. Perhaps we should examine this system.

>Sacrifice?

>Write-In
>>
>>1148896
Players did think of it
>>
>>1149190
>Sacrifice?
>>
>>1149190

Sacrifice?

ok, I didn't really understand this thing,did he say they are going to arrive in 18 days? is that it?

inform the resolute and give them suplies and manpower to perform emergency repairs while we explore this system while we wait
>>
>>1149218
No, other way around. If you jump, YOU will arrive at Othhaw in around 18 days of Warp travel (possibly longer or shorter in realspace). Although if someone did a Warp-Jump the other way around, the same thing would hold true.
>>
>>1149190

JUmp them, it will not be easy to find more favorable conditions

also, is there a way for our astropath to try and find the dagger's astropath?
>>
>>1149258
Yep. Their Astropathic Choir is okay.
>>
>>1149190
>Yes!

"We can examine this system later when we return with help."
>>
>>1149262

Sorry, I fucked up, I meant the thief of heaven's astropath

is it possible to scry for him to see if they are at least still alive?
>>
>>1149273
Thief of Heaven wasn't with you. It was a typo on my behalf that I made late last night. My B.
>>
>>1149286
Ok, is battlegroup absolute complete? Is any ship missing?

If yes, i'd like to try an astropathic contact

If no, i'd like to travel back
>>
>>1149319
>>1149268
"Then lock destination and prepare for Warp-Jump."

"Understood, Captain."

"Sacrifices complete, Captain! The God-Emperor will smile upon our journey!"

"Begin translation!"

Roll Willpower +20: target number 67
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>1149391
As the translation begins, the crew gathers around, fearful of any sign of Daemonic mischief...
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>1149391
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>1149391
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>1149391
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>1149391
>>
>>1149399
The crew are fine: whether YOU will be remains to be seen...
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>1149391
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1149400
>>1149418
>>1149420
>>1149427
>>1149496
Re-roll?
>>
>>1149514

No need, its a pass.
>>
>>1149520
Your ship has the rare luxury of sailing directly through the Warp to your destination without resistance (the only danger is a single Warp-Reef, easily circumnavigated.) 14 days later, your ship slips back into the Real on the outskirts of the Othhaw system, and reach Othhaw itself in a couple of days.

"All ships, this is a Priority One distress call, we have a heavily damaged ship at the following sector coordinates and a map of the Warp-Route involved, we need a transport vessel deployed for repairs out there NOW."

"This is the newly-christened 'Saint's Mercy' of the Othhaw Protection Fleet, under the authority of Planetary Governor Karlyle, Lord-Captain Pallas. How did your ships get injured, exactly? You've only been gone three days."

"Damnation- the Warp must have sent us retrocausal by a few weeks! Emperor knows that we have enough problems..."

>Explain the situation

>Hold on: 'Under the Planetary Governor'?

>None of your business, Captain! Load your cargo bay full of repair kit and a full Congregation of mechanics!

>Write-In
>>
>>1149572

3 days and hes fucking around with OUR fleet?

>>Write-In
"Warp-Leviathan."
>>
>>1149572
None of your business...repair kits galore
>>
>>1149572
>>
>>1149572

>>
>>1149588
>>1149606
>>1149655

"Yes, Lord-Captain Pallas. We will defer to your orders, if needs be, but Governor Karlyle, cited a need for a dedicated defense force for Othhaw due to the pirate presence: the planet itself may be safe, but the outlying worlds, as rapidly-developing as they are, need naval protection. So, until the Imperial Navy establishes itself in this sector, Governor Karlyle saw it fit to incorporate both our ship and the 'Shield of Othhaw' as a defensive force. He believed that you would allow this, as a reasonable man and worthy servant of the Emperor; especially given that these ships are crewed overwhelmingly by system natives."

>Very well... I'll allow this, for now. With me, to the star-system marked out on the map.

>... Etherics, patch me through to the governor.

>Here is my answer to his presumption (turn ship to broadside, prepare to fire).
>>
>>1149664
"They will be on the defence force until I say so, I still need them for other missions, now, let's start the rrscue mission
>>
>>1149664
Backing
>>1149678
>>
>>1149664
>>Very well... I'll allow this loan for now until such time when the Imperial Navy enters enters this sector. Make no mistake captain, those ship ARE still my property.

>>Thief of Heaven, prepare for departure with a repair crew. Carrion Crow, break from orbit and follow us as escort.

"Resolute, dock with the Fortress Perambulator and effect refit and repairs.
>>
>>1149664
>>1149686
This

The captured ships have slow drives. The thief will be much faster.
>>
>>1149678
>>1149683
>>1149686
>>1149698
With the map, the journey back through the Warp is made much easier. You return promptly with the Thief of Heaven and Carrion Crow in tow.

"That didn't take you long, did it, Lord-Captain? You were gone for what, a day, maybe?"

"A nice, stable Warp Route here. Repair crews, get this ship in working order! Carrion Crow, you will stay with me as we sweep this system!"

Roll Scrutiny +25: Target number 81
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>1149850
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>1149850
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>1149850
>>
Rolled 53 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>1149850
Severus, your trip.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>1149850
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1149851
>>1149860
>>1149877
>>1149904
>>1149918
Re-roll?
>>
>>1149926

Nope we've got a couple of degrees of success it looks like
>>
>>1149926
Nope, we super passed.
>>
>>1149926
Nope! Best roll.
>>
>>1149918
"System's pretty empty, Captain. We've got a gas dwarf- that's like a gas giant, but only a couple dozen times larger than an ordinary planet- with two satellites. Normally, we'd have to get closer to do any proper analysis, but void conditions out here are ideal for scanning, so... one of them's pretty much empty of anything we might want but... I'm getting a LOT of metal on the other one. We'll need to drill through a LOT of ice to get to it: the entire planet seems to be frozen solid.

Further in, and I mean right next to the sun... picking up a large conventional planet, two moons. Nothing much save... Sanguinius's wounds, I'm picking something up! Analyzing... looks like some kind of ancient radio broadcast. Can't make heads or tails of what its saying, some kind of xenos tongue, but its on a loop... broadcasting across the spectrum. I think the planet was inhabited at one point- maybe still is, even. Praise the Emperor they didn't have spaceflight technology.

Beyond that? Rad-storms, solar winds, and some iffy gravity: navigating in to the planet might be a bit touch-and-go. So, where to, Captain?"

>Take us into the gas dwarf!

>Bring us closer to the source of the broadcast.

>About face and take us along the route back to Othhaw

>Write-In
>>
>>1149926
>>1149938

Wait, what?

WE DIDN'T GET FUCKED THIS ROLL!!
>>
>>1149997
Double check any and all scans.
>>
>>1149997
>>Bring us closer to the source of the broadcast.

All ships should be ready to enter warp at a moment's notice.
>>
>>1150014
>>1150029
"Understood, sir. Approaching at cruising impulse."

The flashing light of the pulse-star at the heart of this system whirls and gyres as you sail towards it, across the lonely void to a world that burns with fire from the surface.

"Locking orbital position on the dark side of the planet: scans showed increased radiation levels and high incidents of solar flares from the pulse-star. Attempting to get a through read for these planets..."

Roll Scrutiny + 15: Target number 71.
>>
>>1149997
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>1150089
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>1150089
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>1150089
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>1150089
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>1150089
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1150094
>>1150099
>>1150103
>>1150127
>>1150128
Re-roll?
>>
>>1150148
Well of course

No
>>
>>1150148
nope.

I'm on a roll
>>
>>1150148
"Alright... starting with the atmospheric analysis... air's a mixed-bag of nitrogen and chlorine. Impossible to breathe. Temperature probe coming back with results... over 500 degrees Celsius: you'll need blast-treatment void-suits to navigate the surface. Now, topographically... as I thought: most of this planet is covered in a sea of corrosive liquid... we've got one continent above the surface, though. That's where the signal is coming from. Picking up trace radioactive elements and VERY limited gold and silver deposits... lots of xenos architecture, though. No signs of life, or at least, life of any significant measure. Looking at the moons, one of them's just a large asteroid, but the other... atmosphere's good... detecting liquid water on the surface... average ambient temperature's hot, but nothing noteworthy... we've got... four large continents, one of them's covered with buildings like the main planets, but the others... hold on! I'm picking up more buildings, and they look like STC design-plans! No life-signs from this world, either, though... mysterious. Orders, captain?"

>Send a team down to the planet's surface proper. Drop them near something that looks like a capital and see what they can find. (-15 penalty to task due to environment)

>Send a team to the xenos ruins on the moon, see what they can turn up.

>Send a team to the human ruins on the moon.

>Divide and conquer, men! (every team past the second inflicts a cumulative -5 penalty to all rolls, due to oversight and the division of skilled labor).

>Write-In
>>
>>1150213
>>Send a team to the human ruins on the moon.
>>
>>1150213

>Write-In

>Two Teams

>Team 1

>Team 2
Send a team and mechanics to find that STC, I want that damned thing
>>
>>1150213

Tackle these two together.
>>
>>1150213

Let's focus on the one we could turn into a base first
>>
>>1150213
>>
>>1150228
>>1150237
>>1150239
"Dispatching..."

>Roll a Command (+0) test. Target number: 47
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>1150344
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>1150344
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>1150344
Ded
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>1150344
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>1150344
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1150348
>>1150350
>>1150351
>>1150356
>>1150372
Re-roll?
>>
>>1150385
Nope! Good again.
>>
>>1150385
we soild
>>
>>1150372
"Alpha team reporting in! We've finished exploring these ruins. Their structure is... curious, like vast labyrinths beneath the surface. The interiors were without lights or clear signs: perhaps these Outsider beasts lacked eyes? The technology here is baffling We've retrieved a sample artifact for you, Lord-Captain!"

>Roll 1d10: the first four results will be used to generate the artifact.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>1150455
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>1150455

Yay. Loot!
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>1150455
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>1150455
>>
>>1150462
>>1150463
>>1150469
>>1150489
This dun armor, if you can call it that, is damaged and pitted from countless centuries. A strange nexus of grooves and bulges dot its surface, and it's unnaturally warm to the touch. Long spikes sprout from the pauldrons, and strange pores dot the inside of the armor. (Body Armor 4, 22 kg, inflicts -10 penalty to Agility tests: reduces Critical damage by 1d5 in exchange for that many sanity points. Allows wearer to re-roll damage once per session)

>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>1150583
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>1150583
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>1150583
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>1150583
>>
>>1150587
>>1150589
>>1150592
>>1150601
This... LOOKS like its supposed to be a ship's bridge (as it was resting in what your team had tentatively identified as a dockyard), but it has a terrible ORGANIC quality to it that sets you on edge. You could never imagine voluntarily putting this thing, and those TENDRILS, inside of your ship.

(Grants +10 to repair tests, never suffers from crits, deflecting damage to two other random components instead, causes -3 max morale as long as it's installed.)

"This is Beta team, captain! This settlement... it looks very advanced, and after we clear anything valuable from it, it could even be settled! Pretty nice find, if I say so myself!"

"Sending up two samples of the planetside tech!"

Roll 1d10: first 6 rolls used to generate first artifact.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>1150633
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>1150633
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>1150633
FIND US THAT STC DARN IT
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>1150633
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>1150633
>>
>>1150667
>>1150633
we rolling for the second too?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>1150667
>>1150633
>>
>>1150673

No. Theres just no one else rolling so filling it up.
>>
>>1150638
>>1150643
>>1150644
>>1150654
>>1150667
>>1150675

This light helmet doesn't bear any of the miraculous marks of the Dark Age's workmanship, but it does seem to be a very well-made carapace helmet, more than capable of shrugging off enemy fire. A sighting mechanism is mounted over one eyepiece. (Head Armor 5, 1 kg, lets you re-roll 1 damage roll per session).

>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>1150727
ship parts!
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>1150727
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>1150727
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>1150727
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>1150727
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>1150727
>>
>>1150742
>>1150745
>>1150760
This multiple void-shield array was found in some kind of ancient prayer-complex, where it was clearly meant to be used as a protective barrier against orbital shot. The projector glows an eerie red while active and the shield itself glimmers with haunting, unworldly lights. Your crew have decried its discovery as a sign the planet is "cursed, unfit for human or xenos." The runes inscribed on its base say "let all who trespass on this place while I stand perish at the teeth of a million locusts."

(Draws 7 power, takes up 2 space. Generates two void shields. Causes -3 Max Morale when installed, inflicts a -20 penalty to enemy Hit-and-Runs and Boarding actions.)

>Mounting a more through search of the ruins could turn up more valuable gear, but would take a month. It would also be even more difficult to launch an expedition of that size on both continents.)

>Hunt for Archeotech

>Hunt for Xenotech

>Leave the planet

>Write-In
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>1150825
>>Mounting a more through search of the ruins could turn up more valuable gear, but would take a month. It would also be even more difficult to launch an expedition of that size on both continents.)

Gimmi Gimmi, I say we burn fate to ensure this happens
>>
>>1150825
>>Leave the planet

We're next to a system filled with Dark Eldar raiders.

Let us return to Othhaw, repair refit and just focus on taking down the collective.
>>
>>1150833
You mean spend. Burning is entirely different, and more pricey. Also: >>1150825
this should also add a Fate Point to the ship when installed.
>>
>>1150825
>Mounting a more through search of the ruins could turn up more valuable gear, but would take a month. It would also be even more difficult to launch an expedition of that size on both continents.)
>>
>>1150825

>Leave the planet
>>
>>1150825
>>Hunt for Archeotech

>>1150833
Burning fate is for avoiding death, bro.
>>
>>1150896
>>1150842

Sorry my bad
>>
>>1150825
>>Mounting a more through search of the ruins could turn up more valuable gear, but would take a month. It would also be even more difficult to launch an expedition of that size on both continents.)
>>
If we are staying, thief and dagger should return to otthaw ahead of us since their emergency repairs should be complete. Dagger can then be properly repaired.

Carrion crow should stay with us as an escort.
>>
Getting off for now.
>>
File: Asirpa.png (117KB, 311x580px) Image search: [Google]
Asirpa.png
117KB, 311x580px
>>1150948
I've been getting off here for a while ;)
>>
>>1150825
>>Leave the planet
Back to our seb-sector
>>
mount an expedition with a year of suplies on planet, leave the thief here, if trouble comes the ship is to enter warp as soon as possible, if the expedition can't make it in time, leave them.

we return to othaw with the others for repairs, we maintain astropatchic communication with the thief to get updates on the expedition
>>
>>1151386

also, to move the surplus supplies from the other ships to the Thiel and look for voluntiers that will build a base camp on the planet (the colonizible one) we will tke a few ays, so the emergency repairs on the Dagger can be finished before we depart to Othaw and dock with the fortress for proper repairs
>>
>>1150825
Hunt for archeoteck
>>
Put all the stuff that is bad for morale on a single ship. Give that ship a servitor crew on the next occasion found in Into The Storm, page 163
>>
>>1151386
Leaving a ship here is a foolish idea when we have stuff to conquer.
>>
>>1150838
this
>>
Hey guys, quest isn't running today, need to take a day off. See you tomorrow!
>>
>>1150833
>>1150843
>>1150896
>>1150906
>>1151586

You send a team to the surface for a month, where they start digging through the old STC ruins for anything useful. Roll 1d100. Target number: 94
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>1159901
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>1159901
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>1159901
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>1159901
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>1159901
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1159927
>>1160016
>>1160030
>>1160053
>>1160194
>>
>>1160194
Your team has recovered a number of archeotech items from the ruins. Roll 1d10; first six results used.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>1160221
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>1160221
Lol god damn it.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>1160221
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>1160221
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>1160221
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>1160221
>>1160316
bleh
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>1160221
>>
>>1160225
>>1160245
>>1160251
>>1160257
>>1160320
>>1160407
This void-suit... is bafflingly identical to the rusty void-suit you had found earlier, save that it is even more corroded and damaged. This thing is useful for novelty purposes only.

>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>1160431
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>1160431
Dammit.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>1160431
God damn void suits
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>1160431
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>1160431
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>1160431

Huh, well into the junk heap it goes
>>
>>1160436
>>1160448
>>1160459
>>1160473
>>1160481
>>1160510
This polished, finely-honed lance battery is clearly meant to interface with a cruiser's broadside weaponry. Sweepingly elegant and bristling with advanced targeting systems, it boggles your mind to think that this level of technology was considered standard-issue in the Dark Age of Technology. The crew of the Absolution seem to have taken a liking to the device, especially given that it possesses remote maintenance systems and a single heavily-sheltered firing chamber. (Takes up 13 Space, draws 6 Power, Strength 2, 1d10+4 Damage, Crit Rate 3, Range 6, can only be installed on the Port or Starboard mounts of a Light Cruiser or larger ship. Adds +5 to BS tests using it, improves max morale on the ship it is installed in by 5.)

Roll for next artifact.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>1160573
>Takes up 13 Space,

Well that's a shame, we'll get use out of it eventually though.
>>
>>1160573
Question OP, you know how we have Mechanus people with us. If we give them an advanced facility can we get them to research this stuff? Or do we have to hand it off to them?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>1160573
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>1160573
>>
>>1160582
If you found a Research Mission on this world, they can study this planet's technology and farm Archeotech for you, without handing off valuable technology to the Mechanicus (although doing so may start to draw the attention of less-generous elements in the AdMech).
>>
>>1160610
Implying heretics are bad.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>1160573
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>1160573
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>1160573
>>
you know we could speed this up by having anons roll 6 d10s for however many items
>>
Rolled 9, 2, 7, 2, 4, 3 = 27 (6d10)

>>1160573
>>
>>1160879
>>1160573
Personally I find all this archeotech/xenotech stuff tedious as hell. Rolling to find the gear is fine but it feels like the rolls to generate it could be done much faster behind the screen.

Just slows the quest down without adding much imo
>>
Sev I'd be cool if you just rolled for this stuff too. Makes it more surprising too.
>>
>>1161095
>>1161166
Honestly he might as well just roll for the next item in the post about each item. It would save time while still showing us the dice.
>>
>>1161166
>>1161095
Alright, just didn't want you guys to feel left out, or to be accused of making shit up to screw you guys, or whatever. I'll probably do what >>1161371 is suggesting. Okay, I'll be back this afternoon/early evening, where I'll generate the rest of this kit and then probably move on to a new thread.
>>
>>1161506
It's fine mate but you need to learn a better balence between involving us and pointless busy work.

Might I suggest having us select a table of items (e,g ship parts, armour, weapons, etc) for you to roll through rather than us doing the rolls?

I am however unfamiliar with both your system and Rogue Trader / Dark Heresy RPG stuff.
>>
>>1161546

Hes running RT raw.

Let him roll the loot generation tables himself. It won't be raw if it was anyway else.
>>
>>1161371
>>1161506
I wouldn't have a problem with you rolling the dice off-screen but you rolling them all in one post makes a good compromise between convenience and transparency.
>>
>>1161900
Not to mention all the time it saves.
>>
>>1160580
>>1160592
>>1160603
>>1160637
>>1160647
>>1160810
This autopistol is sturdy and potent, firing roaring clouds of solid-metal ammunition with each pull of the trigger. The gleaming metal that encases the mechanism shows no signs of wear or tear from centuries of burial, and its sleek lines command instant respect (Range Increment 30m; Fire Rates S/2/–; Damage 1d10+6 I; Pen 4; Clip 5; Reload 2 Full. +10 to Command and Intimidation tests; never Jams and cannot be damaged by conventional means.)
>>
Rolled 6, 4, 2, 7, 2, 4 = 25 (6d10)

>>1160947
This scavenged plasma drive is ideal for an escort ship! Its power generation sub-systems cause it to output immense amounts of acceleration in a short amount of time, closely-networked maneuvering thrusters, and a level of complex construction that inspires awe. While unfortunately slow to provide power in combat, the drive seems to respond willingly to the commands of an Enginseer. (Generates 47 Power, takes up 17 Space, grants +1 to an installed ship's Speed and +3 to Maneuverability, +10 to Command and Intimidate tests, -3 Initiative, +1 degree of success to all successful Engine-related tasks).

Rolling for fifth artifact.
>>
Rolled 10, 7, 2, 10, 3, 10 = 42 (6d10)

>>1162047
This vest is lightweight and well-crafted along the designs of advanced mesh armor from contemporary manufacturers. Ammo pouches and clips stud its lightweight, sturdy surface. Any light weaponry that struck this would have a hard time getting through the armor. (Weighs .75 kg, Body Armor 5, first hit to Body each session must roll two sets of damage dice and use the lower of the two.)

Rolling for final artifact.
>>
>>1162067
This is a highly sophisticated augur array, found mounted on a half-assembled Raider in some kind of land-bound shipyard. Sophisticated wiring saves on power output, and the signs of master craftsmanship inspire confidence in your crew. Signs of good fortune and potent fate adorn the augurs proper (Draws 5 Power, takes up 0 Space, +10 to Detection, grants +1d5 Morale and 1 extra Fate Point to a ship with them installed.)

>Loot ruins for another month

>Leave for Othhaw
>>
>>1162099
>Leave for Othhaw

That's a really good haul, I like the pistol especially
>>
>>1162099

>Leave for Othhaw
>>
>>1162099
>>Leave for Othhaw
>>
>>1162099
>>Leave for Othhaw

We should get down to business, definitely come back though.

>half-assembled raider
>>
>>1162099
>>Leave for Othhaw
>>
>>1162099
Leave for Orthor.

I assume we mount the plasma drive on the Absolution along with the esoteric navigational device and sling the autopistol next to our archeotech laspistol for a +40 to all command checks aboard the Absolution.
Even higher if we're pulling Hit&Run attacks via the teleportarium. Anything else?

And how many bonus fate points do we have now?
3 from lance, augur and lukky cloak?
>>
>>1162379

Well our ship based Fate Points should be doing great
>>
>>1162379
>And how many bonus fate points do we have now?
>3 from lance, augur and lukky cloak?

Thats correct.

Our fleet pastebin for the absolution is missing some of our ship components, went to recheck chargen and we do have a deep void auger array. This new auger will match its performance and be more efficient while giving more morale and the fate point.
>>
>>1162379
Eventually we're gonna have 4 different pistols, at least, on our person and it will be glorious
>>
>>1162379
>assume we mount the plasma drive on the Absolution

This though would be a mistake. This is an escort class device and we're the equivalent of at least a light cruiser and require cruiser class components.

Our current generator generates 74 points of power for our ship. This would be better off on a frigate.
>>
>>1162491
yea

I think we have 1 spare point of power as it is?
>>
>>1162782

2 spare point, but the augur uses less power than the one we currently have so installing it should actually free up 2 more points
>>
>>1162816
Well, all the same the other drive only gives 47 power.

Still won't have any space after switching out the augers.
>>
>>1162828

The augur doesn't take up any space
>>
>>1162885
>after switching out
>>
>>1162491
We have a Frigate that could really use a morale boost too!
>>
>>1163412
>This scavenged plasma drive is ideal for an escort ship! Its power generation sub-systems cause it to output immense amounts of acceleration in a short amount of time, closely-networked maneuvering thrusters, and a level of complex construction that inspires awe. While unfortunately slow to provide power in combat, the drive seems to respond willingly to the commands of an Enginseer. (Generates 47 Power, takes up 17 Space, grants +1 to an installed ship's Speed and +3 to Maneuverability, +10 to Command and Intimidate tests, -3 Initiative, +1 degree of success to all successful Engine-related tasks).

It doesn't actually give a morale boost though.

I'm thinking it might be better on the carrion crow. Give it more speed to get in range and another +10 to its boarding checks.
>>
I can't wait too dual wield these pistols
>>
>>1163683
we'll need to fit upgrades on both pistols to reduce reload time.
>>
We need to give the crews time for some R&R
>>
>>1163683
We need to get Mistral Arms for octuple wielding.
>>
>>1160573
>>1163592
This though
>>
New thread: >>1168277
Thread posts: 844
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.