[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HP 56: Chaos Reigns!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: 56HPtitle.png (27KB, 905x1041px) Image search: [Google]
56HPtitle.png
27KB, 905x1041px
From the Unknown Nothing,you violently manifest into reality!
It is a mythic age: the cosmos is still unstable and history has yet to be determined...by YOU!

>RULES
0.The game starts when it reaches 10 players.
1.Every character starts with 56 HP.
2.Every character has at least one weak point,which must be shown on their character sheet.
2a.Due to the board's dice program,25 is the maximum number of weak points a character may have.
3.To attack, roll XdY where X is your character's number of weak points and where Y is the total number of players.
3a.If you so desire,you can make a called shot to any part of an opponent's body,including their weak points.
3b.If the damage from a called shot exceeds the opponent's current HP,it destroys that part but does not kill the opponent unless the target was a weak point.
4.To persuade,roll XdY where X is your character's number of weak points and where Y is the total number of players.
4a.If you so desire,you can attempt to persuade multiple opponents at once with a single roll.
4b.Regardless of whether the roll succeeds or fails,you will be unable to persuade anyone else for a number of turns equal to the number of opponents you attempted to persuade.
5.To defend against an attack or persuasion,roll XdY where X is your character's number of weak points and Y is the total number of players.
5a.If you so desire,you can continuously stay on the defensive until you lower your defenses. However, while doing so,you will be unable to attack or to persuade.
5b.The damage inflicted upon the defender is the attack roll minus the defense roll.If the difference is a negative number,then the attacker/persuader is inflicted with the remainder.
6.To heal another character,you transfer a chosen number of your character's HP to the target character.
6a.Characters naturally heal each XX HP on dubs.
6b.If a character's HP exceeds 56 HP,the remaining HP becomes matter.
7.If a character is killed,its remaining parts become matter.
>>
File: 56HP.png (101KB, 2600x1840px) Image search: [Google]
56HP.png
101KB, 2600x1840px
Here's a bit more about the rules.
>>
Alright, I'm game.
>>
>>114044
Thank you for joining. The game will start when we have 10 players.

Then let the chaos begin!

This is a sort of social experiment to see what players will do with this ruleset.
>>
>>114001
Seems fun and interesting. I would play if I wasnt so tired. If tomorrow this quest survives I will join. That is in eight hours more or less
>>
>>114106
Thanks! If I did the mechanics correctly, it should hopefully facilitate LOTS of playing.

If not, then it is back to the drawing board.
>>
I'm going to leave the game, if it survives good for you, but I got stuff to do, and it doesn't look like this is taking off yet.
>>
>>114133
It has only been a few minutes. It needs players.
>>
>>114001
1. This belongs on >>>/trash/

2. This is better. >>114257
>>
You'd probably get more people if you provided a grid
>>
I'd play if I wasn't so new to this board. I'd rather watch and see what others do first.
>>
>>114624
There is no grid, because the world is newly formed.

It is supposed to be a GM-less format.

>>114627
Feel free to just try.
>>
>>114001
I'd play, but
>tfw mobile

I'll probably get home about an hour from now
>>
>>114724
A few thoughts: Unless there is a penalty for making a called shot, there is no reason not to aim for an opponents weak point(s). Due to this, having a large number of weak points is irrelevant. Assuming a 10 player game, a character with 25 weak points will be rolling 25d10 for each attack, with an average result of 137.5 damage.
TL;DR: Nerf called shots or play rocket tag.
>>
>>114627
Everyone is new to this board, it's a new board.
>>
3D10
>>
25d10
>>
>>115198
>HETBOAYE
The ID tags are trying to communicate.
>>
>>116862
Dice have to be entered into the Options field, in the following format(without quotation marks):
"+2d6"
>>
Rolled 1, 2 = 3 (2d6)

>>119999
My bad.
"dice+2d6"
>>
>>120008
>>116862
Welcome to the game.
>>
File: grid.png (8KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
grid.png
8KB, 495x495px
>>114001
I made a labeled grid for us to use. Should be easy to fill in the squares you want with mspaint.
>>
>>121223
Thanks.
>>
File: 56HPtitle.jpg (761KB, 1390x1600px) Image search: [Google]
56HPtitle.jpg
761KB, 1390x1600px
>>
I think the main problem is that people don't understand the rules or even what the game is supposed to be mate
>>
>>121367
Basically:

kill, diplomance, block, or heal.
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 = 5 (5d1)

Barely more coherent than the particulate chaos from whence it came, this wretched thing emerges to an empty world. What mind it has wills to exert itself on it's surroundings, but there is nothing else at all. So it waits.
>>
File: The Crawling.png (13KB, 495x540px) Image search: [Google]
The Crawling.png
13KB, 495x540px
>>121387
fugg
>>
>>121391
>>121387
Are you a fan of Dwarf Fortress?
>>
>>121414
Actually no. I've wanted to play it for a while, just never got around to it.
>>
>>121459
I asked because of the characters on the weak spots.

Also, if you want this game to be more active, you'll have to convince more people to play. It is after midnight here and the others have abandoned it.
>>
File: halflingmage.png (7KB, 816x495px) Image search: [Google]
halflingmage.png
7KB, 816x495px
Reaching out with senses honed by decades of magical study, Iirkat the halfling wizard detects the birth of a universe. Fascinated by the infinite possibility of a plane so young and chaotic, he steps across the planes. Here, he will shape reality. Here, he will be a God.
>>
So, basically I have to wait until I get dubs or or try and kill the only other player?
>>
>>121634
We're both at full HP, so if one were to heal the other, every point would produce matter.
>>
>>114001
I'd like to propose some additions/clarifications to the rules.

The grid I created is 19 squares long by 19 squares tall. This lends itself to the use of a d20 for attack rolls. Due to the lack of a 20th row or column, a die result of 20 will always result in a miss.

If we use 2d20 to determine accuracy, a hit will only occur when the first roll(column) and second roll(row) intersect on a viable square. The intersecting square is the target of the attack. This will result in very random combat, and more misses than hits.

If we use 1d20 to determine accuracy, a hit will occur when the number rolled matches a row or column with 1 or more viable squares in it. If both row and column contain viable squares, the attacker chooses whether to target row or column. To determine which of the viable squares is hit, 1dZ is rolled, where Z is the number of viable squares. Starting from the left for row, or top for column, count the viable squares one by one until the number rolled is reached. This is the target of the attack.

The downside to the second option is that it will require multiple rolls, and by extension posts, per attack, thus increasing the chance for doubles to heal the character.

Both options will result in smaller characters being harder to hit. As a result, I propose that characters have a maximum HP equal to their number of squares. If a non-weak point square is destroyed, the character's max HP will be reduced by one. This will result in smaller characters being more fragile and larger characters being tougher. In addition, it will lend itself to the addition of squares through the acquisition of matter.
>>
>>121873
When making a called shot, a single square is chosen. The attack hits that square. The damage dealt by this attack is divided by 4, rounding down. This is to make it more difficult for characters with a large number of dice from targeting enemy weak points and killing them instantly.

As an example, let's use a character with the maximum 25 weak points in a 10 player game. They pick an opponent, target a weak point and roll what I just rolled. Chances are, the whole number is enough to kill anyone in one hit. The reduced number might be, but only if I roll exceptionally well.
>>
Rolled 9, 10, 10, 10, 1, 1, 7, 3, 4, 6, 10, 9, 10, 6, 3, 8, 4, 5, 6, 1, 3, 1, 1, 5, 5 = 138 (25d10)

>>121877
-_- I will remember this formula eventually.
>>
Rolled 10, 3, 10 = 23 (3d10)

>>121880
That 138 damage to a weak point just killed someone, in one simple roll. If divided by 4, it results in 34.5, rounded down to 34. Your character is still alive. This time, let's use a character with a more modest 3 weak points. He rolls 3d10, targeting an opponents weak point.
>>
>>121892
That 23 damage would be nice, but since it's a hit with no roll, the damage is reduced to 5.75, and rounded down to 5.

A thought occurs to me now: What if the called shot damage is divided by the number of dice rolled? In this way, called shots would be weak, never dealing more than 10 damage. They would be equally weak for all characters, or possibly weaker for characters with huge amounts of dice, due to probability.
Using this model, the 25d10 called shot would have done 5 damage, and the 3d10 called shot would have done 7 damage.
>>
>>121877
That seems good to me.
>>
>>121877
>As an example, let's use a character with the maximum 25 weak points in a 10 player game. They pick an opponent, target a weak point and roll what I just rolled. Chances are, the whole number is enough to kill anyone in one hit.

That's a feature. It was intended to be deadly.
>>
>>124930
It's powerful with no drawbacks. It makes a normal attack pointless. It also makes having fewer than 25 weak points a handicap.
>>
>>125402
That's why you don't give your character a bunch of weak spots.
>>
>>125422
Way to totally miss the point. When you can target any square you want without penalty, the number of weak points your opponent has is irrelevant. Whether they have 1 or 25, you're going to target a weak point. The number of weak points you possess increases your damage, defense, and persuasion.
Having multiple weak points provides no drawback whatsoever, and has a direct impact on your capability. Therefore, having fewer than 25 weak points will make you less powerful than any character with 25 weak points.
>>
>>127916
That's why defense rules exist. Also, you don't have to go straight for killing. You can also maim to intimidate them.
>>
>>127916
>Having multiple weak points provides no drawback whatsoever, and has a direct impact on your capability. Therefore, having fewer than 25 weak points will make you less powerful than any character with 25 weak points.

It also means it is easier to kill you.
>>
>>127954
A characters defense dice, like every other pool of dice, is tied directly to their number of weak points. Having more weak points than your opponent makes you more likely to defend against their attacks, and more likely to overwhelm their defenses.

>>127958
Where in the rules are you getting that from?
>>
>>128175
The whole point of weak points is to provide instant kills. See >>114011
>>
>>128200
Yes, but you can instant kill an opponent with 1 weak point just as easily as you can an opponent with 25 weak points. That is, unless they're defending, in which case the 25 weak point opponent has a HUGE advantage.
>>
>>128223
Well, then I'll leave you to hammer the details on how to aim. Then I can try this again in a week.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.