[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multi-Civ Quest #4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: Butterlord Civquest Recent Map.png (821KB, 1465x1233px) Image search: [Google]
Butterlord Civquest Recent Map.png
821KB, 1465x1233px
New Management Edition
First time QM, been contemplating making one of these, so I figured I may as well practice on a dropped one.

Old threads here:
https://boards.4tan.org/qst/thread/1039619/
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1077229
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1106119

New players welcome. And old players don't give up.
I'll try for us all.
>>
>>1137643
Map looks cleaner than when I updated it.
>>
geez, writing takes a while.
>>
File: dnQdd.jpg (60KB, 534x660px) Image search: [Google]
dnQdd.jpg
60KB, 534x660px
>>
>>1137818
I found killing people was so much easier than writing successes, especially for Winter.
>>
>>1137643
>>1118475
The people stare in disbelief as the Priest claims that he will prevent them from breeding if they don't follow him. As he continues to rant, they begin to drift off in pairs and the sounds of barking and yowling echo through the cave.

With winter fast approaching, the kobold builders begin carving through the rock as if possessed. However, in their haste, the tunnels get congested and communication breaks down. Amidst the chaos, a rumbling is heard and they all make a mad dash for the exit. The new section then collapses taking one of the builders with it.
>-1 Builder

Winter:46
Winter is terrible. With insufficient shelter many kobolds are forced to sleep outside and huddle together for warmth. Many fights happen as kobolds compete for extra food to keep warm and try to fight their way into the packed cave. The priest is eventually killed as a small group decide to take the stone for their own warmth. The stone glows warmer after this and manages to pull their group through the winter. However, several others are not so lucky.
>-4 Pop
>No one starves, all food is consumed

>>1118575
Once again the dryads attempt to build nests, but the harder they try the more they fail, as two more fall and break their necks. The rest are now beginning to wonder if they did something to disappoint their parents. Passive building is slower, but doesn't kill people as often
>-2 Pop & -10 to next action involving heights

Meanwhile those on the ground have better luck and discover tall and straight plants that can be easily broken into sections as well as a musky bush that animals seem to avoid.
>Discover not-bamboo and musky bush.

Winter: 70
The wind is brisk but as long as the sun is shining, its actually pretty refreshing. Although it's not comfortable everyone manages by sleeping on the ground despite the sound of growling stomachs making many anxious.
>No one freezes or starves
iirc this was your first year, but food will be needed next time.

>>1118762
You send your hunters out to try and take advantage of big hibernating creatures. Unfortunately, as they enter a den to take their first victim, it wakes up for a bathroom break and mauls them. yes, sometimes this happens
>-3 Pop

While watching the creature in the pen slowly die, some of your people start absentmindedly playing with sticks. Angered by their lack of discipline, you go to snatch the stick out of his hand. As you do so, a protruding stub on the stick catches his arm and you drag him to the ground. Astounded by your brilliance, you throw the stick back at his face and demand that he make more of them.
>Discover Hooked Stick
>Gain 10 Hooked Sticks (+0.2 to related tasks when equipped)

Winter: 40
Winter is harsh and many are forced to sleep outside. Some do not make it.
>-2 Pop
>Insufficient Food 78-59=19 starve to death
>>
>>1138014
>>1118878
Herbalism training goes good
>10 upgraded to 1*

Exploration goes bad, the gatherer who tries to collect specimens loses too many san points and dies
>-1 Pop

Winter: 28
Winter is horrible. Fortunately you are pretty well equipped and you keep the fires roaring all winter. However one does die when he goes outside and gets lost in a whiteout.
>-1 Pop
>Lose 37 Wood

>>1122027
As your people try to figure out how to use the mill, one poor sot gets his hand caught and gets crunched.
>-1 Pop

Your labourers imagine what it would be like to work with really sticky mud if they had any to work with.
>22 laborers become 1* clayworkers

Winter: 27
Winter is terrible and the unfinished palace is drafty and snow falls through the holes in the roof. Although you huddle together for warmth, a few succumb to the cold.
>-3 Pop
>Plenty of food, but the rest spoils. Food: 0
please add line for total food to your stat block.

>>1122063
In one last push for food the warriors set out to join the hunt. They have a hard time finding it, but finally manage to return with a fair amount.
>+17 Food

Meanwhile those 11 faeries who are left to guard the warren discover how to make their hammers sharp by hitting them with other rocks.
>Discover flint-knapping
>Gain 10 Stone Axes (+0.2 to related passive actions when equipped)

T1 Baskets cost 5 units of labor to craft. 5 untrained weavers can only make 1/turn

Winter: 62
Its aight. Those left outside huddle together in the grass. However some do go hungry
>No one freezes
>Insufficient Food (85-81=4 deaths)
I assume that you didn't add your passive winter gains yet, you can go ahead and add passive gains for the current season.

>>1137776
yeah, I only included the most recent posters and forgot to add the names.
>>1137830
definitely, I'm gonna have to simplify this somehow. Props for managing four turns a day.

Spring 15

I'll try to process Spring tonight, but I won't be available tomorrow.
Meanwhile I'll work on streamlining my DM screen so I can try to be faster on Wednesday.
>>
>>1137825
I can barely read that, but it's funny that I just read the Neonomicon last week and am currently watching Nyaruko-san.
>>
>>1138064
>1* clayworkers
just checked the stats and realized that you already had them trained as general laborers.
I also noticed that you didn't have your Mill listed. So you might want to make sure it's up to date.

Builders get their bonus when working on the construction of structures. Clay workers focus on pottery and anything else made mainly from clay.
If you just wanted to teach them how to plaster walls or something I'd count that under building.
So you can either make them 1.2(2*) builders or decide how many you want to change professions into 1.1(*1) clay workers.

>Gain 10 Stone Axes
Forgot that stone tools are free, so you have plenty of axes for everyone.
>>
>>1138014
Name: Big Mouth
Race: Kobold
Specialty: Digging and living in cramped dirty places.
Population:79(10%)
33 Foragers 0* (.5 food per)
0 Miners 0* (1 stone per)
15 Hunters 0* (.7 food per)
30 Builders 1*
5 Idle
0 Preist
Resources

Food: 0 (+27)
Stone:210[+1 per miner](+0)
Wood:20

Buildings
Caves (25 pop)

Tech
-Stone Hammers
-Stone Pickaxes
-Bone spears

Fluff: The kobolds, being a weak race, rarely spend a lot of time in open spaces, much preferring caves and forests because there are plenty of places to hide. While migrating away from the deeper parts of the forest, a few groups of koblolds took up living in caves near the river, but have been too scared to go too far from the comforting trees.
1.) The builders are going to expand the cave some more.

2.) After this horrible winter everybody has decided that they should calm down, and the gatherers should take some spears, as they are actually useful.
>>
>>1138364
I guess i'd rather make them 2* builders
>>
>>1138064
>]
Mapica Tribe
>Race
Goat People, more 'feral' than a regular satyr
>Location
Dust Ridges
>Religion if applicable
Polytheist Star (and Earth) Worshippers
>Specialty
Collectivization.
>Population
>Tools/Resources/Whatever
Mill
Blue Flower
Stone Hammers
18/20 People's Palace
3 *1 farms (I totally forgot how much food these produced per spring. Also I have the food preservation tech, so I guess food shouldn't spoil completely each year?)
>Population Management
45 Farmer-Gatherers (37 food per turn from gathering)
27 Labourers-Builders *2 (1/5 palace piece per turn)
>Both dices into this action
The annual spring festival is celebrated yet again, however this year's will be different, since a special tea made using the blue flower will be served to the people.
>>
>>1138498
Nevermind, back when I had 30 farmers I made 132/year. So with 45 farmers working I should make 198/year (4.4 food per farmer with 3 *1 farms being worked) , no idea how food preservation is calculated tho
>>
Rolled 55, 37 = 92 (2d100)

>>1138498
If you preserve your food, it can last I guess indefinitely, but if you don't, the food goes away at the end of winter.

>>1138374
I also forgot to roll
>>
Rolled 92, 81 = 173 (2d100)

>>1138064
Spring 15
Name: Iktomi
Religion: Tanka
Race: Wood Elves
Specialty: Herbalism, Husbandry, Dances with Wolves
Tech: Stone Hammers, Flint-knapping, Fire, Tiled Roof Huts(5cap/each), T2-Baskets, T2-Fishtraps, T1-Spears, Cordage, T1-Bows, Straw Clothing, Hide Blankets, Sun-Dried Food(+10/turn), Smoked Food (+20/turn), Snares, T1-Pottery, T1-Kilns, Cages, Swimming, T1-Woven Boats, T1-Mathematics, Drawing, Poultice
Pop: 115 [+6%]
Food(3 types): 322(15p/307np) [+45/turn; +112/winter] Double Rations
Materials: Wood (49), Clay(39)
Tools: T1-Stone Hammers/Axes/Knives(plenty); T1 Fishtraps(12); T2 Fishtraps(39); T1-Spears(6); T1-Bows (10); T1-Straw Clothes(117); T1-Hide Blankets(38); T1-Pots(10); T1-Snares(10); T2-Baskets(43); T1-Cages(10); T1-Woven Boats(10)
Assets: 2 Blueberry Patch (+20 Food), Fishtraps(+14 Food), Snares(+2-1=1 Food),1 Kiln, 1 Smokehouse, 16 Daub Huts, 7 TRH, Wolf Pack (Friends), Palisade (80% complete), Wolf Totem[5/10], Bird Totem[1/10], 6 Crude Clay Dolls, 10 Green Herbs, 5 Red Herbs(Vulnerary)
WIP: Wolf Taming(8/10), Bear Hostile(6/10), Palisade(20/25)[On Hold], Wolf Totem(5/10), Crude Bird Totem(1/10), Tamer Training(1/2), Entering the ??? Woods(1/10)
Assigned Labor (Only change in spring):
10 – Foragers [+9] (equipped w/10 M. Baskets)
20 - Gardeners [+28] (equipped w/20 M. Baskets)
10 – Hunters [2*] [+10] (equipped w/10 Bows)
10 – Materials Gatherers [+13 Clay] (equipped w/[10]T1-Pots)
8 - Laborers (equipped w/8 T2-Baskets) assisting builders
24 – Crafters (T2-Baskets) [+5]
10 - Trained Weavers[1.7] (T2-Baskets) [+3]
10 - Trained Herbalists[1.1] (helping forage when idle +6 Food)
5 - Trained Builders [1.2] (equipped w/5 T2-Baskets) shelter upgrades[1/turn]
7 – Trained Animal Tamers [2.1.5] (helping forage when idle +4.2 Food)
1 - Goldis, One Who Sings with Wolves[1.9] (helping forage when idle +0.6 Food)

>Continue Tamer Training (drawing)
They gather and draw animals and illustrate bahaviors and encounters to help them understand the lifestyles and habits of various creatures.

>Improve Math: Quipu (Counting Beads, Drawing, Weavers)
While gathering supplies to carry to the builders, Larry lost count and couldn't remember. When he tried to carry counting beads he just spilled them and got them mixed up. One day while working on some lashing, he was struck with inspiration. What if instead of beads, we used knots on a string? We could use different strings for different items so we wouldn't get them confused and tie them around our waist so we don't lose them. So he consulted the Weavers on how to get it done, and arrived for work the next day with everything the builders asked for.
>>
>>1138537
u wot mang?
each T1 farm has a 10 farmer cap.
each unskilled farmer can gather 1 food/season You can improve them, but you lose your productivity during the improvement action.
BUT none of the farms are actually harvested until the end of the year.
the first three seasons the farmers spend weeding and tending the plants. Only in winter do they actually harvest.

What difference does it make? Food Preservation.
Your basic food pres. is sun-drying
Sun-drying is slow and inefficient. So you can only preserve 10/season. Therefore only 10 of your farm crop gets preserved.

Foragers gather 0.5/season although this can be improved with equipment and training.
So with 3 T1 farms and 30 [T1.0]farmers, you get 30/season or rather 90/year
Your 15 [T1.0]foragers will gather 7.5/season that all gets preserved since it falls under the cap of 10.
So at your current rate you'd get 120 total food per year with 32.5 being preserved.

Also what is your pop growth? After the winter you should have been at 63. How did you get back up to 72?

Also, also you forgot to roll

>>1138374
>the gatherers should take some spears
what were you trying to do here?

Unless you have some crafters making spears, you only have 15 which are equipped by your hunters hence the 0.5 + 0.2 = 0.7)
Bone Spears cost 6 Labor to make, so it takes 6 unskilled (T1.0) crafters to make 1.

I'm trying to get everything standardized and organized so things can run smoothly.

But really, good explanations and role-play will help me figure out what you're trying to do and provide minor bonuses to rolls.
Also mentioning whatever tech, tools, assets and skilled labor you want to be used on the action will give bonuses.

I'd recommend catagorizing things as Tools(equippable items), Tech(knowledge of how to do/make stuff) and Assets(buildings,farms and other non-equippable things)

Tools and Tech for passive actions (what I have so far):
Each tool or tech will have a tier rank. A T1 thing improves related production by 0.2 and each additional tier will give +0.1.
So a T1 spear will give hunters +0.2 and a T2 spear will give +0.3.
Baskets and pots can be used to improve the efficiency of anyone who carries stuff. (foragers, farmers, miners, hunters, builders)
So keep up with how many tools you have and who is carrying them.
Stone Hammers are infinite, as are stone axes and knives once researched.

I'm still trying to compile crafting costs and such, but I'll try to remember to mention it when you discover them.
>>
>>1139084
I have an 8% growth. Also i'm aware it's a yearly harverst in winter. But afaik the 37 food per turn is from gatherers, not farmers right? I was just repeating what the other op told me abt the production of each farm per year. You can check it out in the first archived thread.
>>
>>1139084
Alright, I just figured all stone tools were infinite, by bad. I guess I'll just change it to

2.) Build a pedestal for the stone.
>>
Rolled 39, 61 = 100 (2d100)

>>1139222
Forgot to roll again lmao
>>
>>1137643
Name: fox pelt clan
Race: clothen (just living dolls, mostly cloth or leather, but some with more solI'd patches)
Religion: spiritualism
Specialty: we don't have vital organs, so that's good
Fluff: Where did we come from? We don't know, all we know is that only a clothen can make another clothen. Also, everything else is made of meat? This is weird, as far as we know, we'vealways existed, but now we've gathered as a clan.
>>
>>1138014
>Sylvali - Dryads
>Celenon Forest
>Tri-god religion
>Specialty: Grown weapons/Structures
>Structures
3nests of 5 pop each
Thorn Barrier
Seedling Garden

Population 72
(+5 per spring!)

>Action 1: Abandon the high nests and grow/build cylindrical huts to rest in and make nests!

Fortify them with insulation using the musky bush leaves!

>Action 2: Research into quick growing and high-yield fruits/veggies.

You require sustenance!
>>
>>1143090
forbwhatever reason, the dice didn't work.
>>
Rolled 70, 100 = 170 (2d100)

>>1143093
motherfucker.
>>
>>1138374
Mining is hard work, even with stone pickaxes, but your builders do manage to carve out a bit more than normal.
>Carved out 3 more sections of living space (+15 capacity)
Cave now [T1/8] first number is quality(strength & comfort) / second number is capacity (x5)
Mining enough area to house 5 pop costs 15 labor. With 30 builders at 1.1 + 0.2 from pickaxes, they can do 39 labor/turn

Meanwhile the kobolds who were saved by the warmth of the gem over the winter decide to put it on a pedestal to show off. However, none of them can agree on the best spot to put it and just argue the whole time while the gem grows slightly warmer.
>No progress
>>1139230
Stone tools yes, but Weapons, especially Non-stone ones must be built.

>>1138498
Your people prepare a festival for the survivors to celebrate the new spring. However, one of your people has an idea. In his hypothermic delirium over the winter, he had an idea that the blue flower should be eaten. However, being a communal creature at heart he wanted to share it with everyone. So he put the flower in puddle of water to see if the flavor of the flower would fill the water for all to enjoy.
However he could only find a small puddle, only enough for five to drink from.
After the chosen five representatives kneel and drink the water, they are smitten with terrible headaches and retire early from the festivities.
After they recover, they each report feeling a slight buzzing sensation in the back of their heads on occasion.
The blue flower after being soaked, turns black and dies within a week.
>Lost Blue Flower
>Gain 5 pop with chronic minor headaches

>>1139222
Before winter you had 67 pop
then lost 4, giving you 63.
8% of 63 is 5.04.
63+5=68

yeah, idk about the food mang
He did say that pretty early in the game tho, when he was still trying to work out the kinks.

I just know what he told me.
each farm can have a maximum of 10 workers
each farmer produces 1food/turn added at the end of the year.
and foragers produce 0.5food/turn
and Sun-drying preserves 10 food per turn

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to humor me on this since I can't reconcile it with the numbers that I give others.
You're still making plenty of food though and the number's not too far off.
You can always train your people, upgrade farms and make tools to increase your production.
>>
>>1143981
>>1143090
Deciding that their parents don't like holding their children in their arms, the dryads begin constructing grass huts on the ground. They also manage to collect some musky leaves to add to the mix.
>Gain 5 [T1/1]Grass Huts(animal repellent) that can house 5pop/each
The first number represents quality(strength and comfort) / the second represents capacity (x5)

Your dryads also begin looking into food plants and are extremely successful. They find some vines that produce large volumes of sweet tasting purple fruits. They also learn how to coax the plants to ripen quicker than normal.
>Discover Purple Vine Fruits (when cultivated produce as a +T1 farm)
>Acquire Specialty: Fast Farming (farms can be harvested each turn instead of only in winter)

Note: Upgradable Farms can only be planted in Spring and first an action must be spent preparing the soil. Non-upgradable farms must also be planted in Spring but no not require soil-prep.
However, if you delegate people to foraging, they can passively gather 0.5food/each per turn. This can be improved with training and/or tools.

>>1138690
Tamer training goes wonderfully. Goldis and th tamers learn alot about animals thanks to their ability to draw.
>7 Tamers upgraded to [2.3]
>Goldis upgraded to [2.0]

Meanwhile the Quipu is met with much fanfare as it makes counting infinitely easier than carrying around a bunch of beads or trying to remember a long series o numbers.
>Mathmatics upgraded to T2 (provides a +0.3 production bonus to all workers doing passive actions involving math.)

And with that we move on to Summer 15

this is quite a bit more time consuming than I expected. I'm probably gonna stick with one update per day.
>>
>>1143981
>they can do 39 labor/turn
forgot to mention that they can do this as a passive action when you delegate them to the task. And the 15 labor applies to T1/1 cave building.
Rolling is just gambling to try and speed things up.

>>1144000
>begin constructing grass huts
T1/1 Grass huts cost 10 labor to produce
>>
>>1144000
So for the grass huts, it would be 1hut =5population?
>>
>>1142871
Welcome fox pelt clan, interesting race.
you start out with
>100pop (+4% each Spring)
>Tech: Stone Hammers (infinite supply)
Make two actions per season
and delegate workers each Spring for passive work like hunting, foraging, gathering supplies, building, crafting tools etc.

Go ahead and roll four actions to include your Spring turn and good luck.
>>
>>1144058
yep
you can always upgrade the size, but you can also just build more passively too.
>>
Rolled 45, 27 = 72 (2d100)

>>1144000
>Sylvali - Dryads
>Celenon Forest
>Tri-god worship
>Specialty:
Grown weapons/Structures
Fast Farming!
>Known plants
Musky bushes
Purple Vin Fruits (+T1 cultivation)
NotBamboo

>Botany 1/2

>Structures!
3nests of 5 pop each
5grass huts of 5 pop each
Thorn Barrier
Seedling Garden

>Glad to have more buildings to support their people, half the Dryads work together to build more of the grass huts with musky repellent!

>The other half look into growing hardier plants to use for food or resources to build!
>>
>>1144127
And the low rolls return.
The plabts are cursed.
>>
Rolled 18, 30 = 48 (2d100)

>>1144000
apica Tribe
>Race
Goat People, more 'feral' than a regular satyr
>Location
Dust Ridges
>Religion if applicable
Polytheist Star (and Earth) Worshippers
>Specialty
Collectivization.
>Population
>Tools/Resources/Whatever
Mill
Stone Hammers
18/20 People's Palace
3 *1 farms (90/year)
>Population Management
45 Farmer-Gatherers (37 food per turn from gathering)
23 Labourers-Builders *2 (1/5 palace piece per turn)
>Action 1
Build more farms
>Action 2
Rush Palace piece
>>
>>1144071
Race: clothen (just living dolls, mostly cloth or leather, but some with more solI'd patches)
Population: 100
Tech stone hammers
Fluff: Where did we come from? We don't know, all we know is that only a clothen can make another clothen. Also, everything else is made of meat? This is weird, as far as we know, we'vealways existed, but now we've gathered as a clan.
Workers:
20% hunt foxes
20% craft knives
20% work hides
20% rest
20% make more clothen (we don't breed normal style)
1. Figure out how to keep the foxes nearby
2. Figure out what to do with all this fox meat, maybe there is some use for it?
3. Maybe some kind of material that won't leave bite holes all over us making it? Plant based maybe?
4. We are in great need of ways of preventing the rot of our bodies, hide really isn't very long lived, and it's a bit uncomfortable replacing rotten layers.
>>
Rolled 82, 32, 98, 21 = 233 (4d100)

>>1144340
>>
Rolled 10, 9 = 19 (2d100)

>>1143981
Population:79(10%)
24 Builders 1* (1.3 popspace per)
11 Idle
0 Preist
Resources

Food:52 (+27)
Wood:0

Buildings
Caves 1/8 (Comfort/Popx5) + (0/2 per turn)
Tech
-Stone Hammers
-Stone Pickaxes
-Bone spears

Fluff: The kobolds, being a weak race, rarely spend a lot of time in open spaces, much preferring caves and forests because there are plenty of places to hide. While migrating away from the deeper parts of the forest, a few groups of koblolds took up living in caves near the river, but have been too scared to go too far from the comforting trees.
1.) In general, the kobolds will start praying to the stone for good fortune. (I don't really expect much to come from this, I just feel like some fluff actions should be thrown in too)

2.) The idle kobolds who have taken to being the thinkers of the cave people, have decided to gather some materials and try to figure out a way that the foragers can carry more food.
>>
>>1144024
As a side question, is food foraged for all four months? I was wondering as I'm trying to figure out the optimal number of foragers to pop right now.
>>
>>1144852
yes.
the winter food is like the very last fruits that ripen just as the plants start to wither.
>>
>>1144892
Alright, I had thought it was only 3 seasons of the year, thanks for the clarification!
>>
No thread today. Sorry for short notice. gtg
>>
Rolled 12, 74 = 86 (2d100)

>>1144000
Summer 15
Tech: Stone Hammers, Flint-knapping, Fire, T3/1-Tiled Roof Huts(5cap/each), T2-Baskets, T2-Fishtraps, T1-Spears, Cordage, T1-Bows, Straw Clothing, Hide Blankets, Sun-Dried Food(+10/turn), Smoked Food (+20/turn), T1-Snares, T1-Pottery, T1-Kilns, Cages, Swimming, T1-Woven Boats, T2-Mathematics(Beads & Quipu), Drawing, Poultice
Pop: 115 [+6%]
Food(3 types): 362(25p/337np) [+42/turn; +112/winter] Double Rations
Materials: Wood (49), Clay(39)
Tools: Stone Hammers/Axes/Knives(plenty); T1-Fishtraps(12); T2-Fishtraps(39); T1-Spears(6); T1-Bows(10); Straw Clothes(117); Hide Blankets(38); T1-Pots(10); T1-Snares(10); T2-Baskets(51); Cages(10); T1-Woven Boats(10)
Assets: 2 Blueberry Patch (+20 Food), Fishtraps(+14 Food), Snares(+2-1=1 Food),1 Kiln, 1 Smokehouse, 16 Daub Huts, 7 TRH, Wolf Pack (Friends), Palisade (80% complete), Wolf Totem[5/10], Bird Totem[1/10], 6 Crude Clay Dolls, 10 Green Herbs, 5 Red Herbs(Vulnerary)
WIP: Wolf Taming(8/10), Bear Hostile(6/10), Palisade(20/25)[On Hold], Wolf Totem(5/10), Crude Bird Totem(1/10), Entering the ??? Woods(1/10)
10 – Foragers [+9] (equipped w/10 M.Baskets)
20 - Gardeners [+28] (equipped w/20 M.Baskets)
10 – Hunters [2*] [+11] (equipped w/10 Bows & 8 M.Baskets)
10 – Materials Gatherers [+13 Clay] (equipped w/[10]T1-Pots)
24 – Crafters (T2-Baskets) [+5] 10 - Trained Weavers[1.7] (T2-Baskets) [+3]
5 - Trained Builders [1.2] (equipped w/5 T2-Baskets) shelter upgrades[1/turn]
7 – Trained Animal Tamers [2.3] (helping forage when idle +4.2 Food)
1 - Goldis, One Who Sings with Wolves[2.0] (helping forage when idle +0.6 Food)

>Make Treehouses (Weavers, Builders, Drawing, Math)
Ever since her experience of watching birds build there nests, the weaver had wanted to try building nests herself. Now, with the new learning the tribe had achieved, she began sketching ideas on how the current houses could be modified to fit in trees. Finally satisfied with her idea, she presented the finished drawing to the builders who will now attempt to replicate it.

>Interview with the Bear (Tamers, 2 Food)
Have the tamers go and treat with the Bear again. Mainly by giving him treats.
>>
>>1153014
Welcome back!
>>
>>1144127
Rejoicing at their recent success, the Dryads decide to capitalize on it and rally together to build more shelters. However, with so much activity going on, actual production was slow.
>Gain 1 - T1 Grass Hut
While out searching for new plants, the dryads were met with a colossal form of fur and claws. At least that’s what the survivors told you, but they didn’t exactly stop to analyze the situation either.
>Lost 2 Pop

>>1144332
As the goatfolk set out to build more farms, a large earthquake occurs causing the narrow path to the farm plots to crumble and fall down the mountain, taking two workers with it.
>Lost 2 Pop
The earthquake also caused one of the previously build palace sections to collapse and the workers are too afraid of aftershocks to go anywhere near it.

>>1144340
You can’t be the fox pelt clan without fox pelts. The clothens quickly discover that foxes like to eat meat. By leaving meat out, the foxes will stick around to eat it.
However, sometimes they will also pursue pieces of pelts with bits of meat still attached to them.
>Lost 1 pop
After that incident, some Clothen decided that they didn’t want to be part of the Fox Pelt Clan and ran off into the forest. They eventually came back with large sheets of pliable tree bark. With this, they would begin their revolution.
>Discovered Bark Cloth
Meanwhile some of the clothen needed maintenance and were sent to the seamstress-surgeon for treatment. When they arrived they were informed that they were eligible for a free experimental procedure that would supposedly prevent the need for future operations. They also had the honor of being the very first trial subjects. Eager to try the new experimental method, the seamstress-surgeon accidently clipped too many threads causing irreparable damage to the three patients.
>Lost 3 Pop
>>
>>1157720
>>1144839
Since they were unable to find a suitable location to place the stone, the bolds just set it on the floor and tell everyone that they can ask the gem for good fortune. As the bolds project their hopeful thoughts and feelings toward the stone, its red glow grows dimmer and those who prayed to it feel as if a dark cloud is hanging over their heads. The kobolds find themselves distracted and making simple mistakes. The atmosphere in the cave becomes gloomy as they go about their business frustrated by their mistakes and wondering if the stone will grant their wishes.
>-10 on the next four rolls
Frustrated by the gloom that has beset the cave, the thinkers struggle to think of ways to get more food. Suddenly one of them jumps up and shouts that he has an idea as he runs off down the tunnel. When a few of them go to check on him they find him face down, half-buried in the food storage pile. Then they realize, the best way to get more food is to put it in your stomach! When the foragers return that evening to add to the stores, they find several bloated and unconscious kobolds lying in a pile of crumbs and bones. Furious at the greed on display they drag the gluttonous kobolds out of the cave and dunk their heads in a stream, allowing them to get an equally healthy amount of water to wash down their meal.
>Lost 4 Pop
>Lost 10 Food

>>1153014
Treehouse construction looked good on paper, but that wasn’t quite enough to keep the real thing from collapsing onto another house, killing the inhabitants.
>Lost 1 Daub Hut
>Lost 3 Pop
The Interview with the Bear went very well however. When asked how she felt about the food they prepared, she said that the food looked slightly more appetizing than the reporters, but that she would try to save room for dessert unless they got that ‘talking stick’ away from her face.
Bear Diplomacy +2/10

Sorry for the long absence. Life came up and some of the things I've been procrastinating came due. I think I'm beginning to understand the rigors of QMing.
I'll try as I can, but can't make any promises except that I will actually try to notify you if I give-up unless the thread dies first.

Fall 15
>>
>>1157772
Sure thing!
>>
Rolled 27, 16 = 43 (2d100)

>>1157720
Population: 96
Tech stone hammers, bark cloth
Fluff: Where did we come from? We don't know, all we know is that only a clothen can make another clothen. Also, everything else is made of meat? This is weird, as far as we know, we've always existed, but now we've gathered as a clan.
Workers:
20% hunt foxes
20% craft knives
20% work hides
20% rest
20% make more clothen (we don't breed normal style)
1. Ok, we may need to focus on treating materials *before* they go into people.
2. So the animals react to their environment much as we do, seeking out what is needed. Perhaps they can be taught?
>>
Rolled 17, 34 + 10 = 61 (2d100 + 10)

>>1157772

Population:75(10%)
24 Builders 1* (1.3 popspace per)
1 Idle
0 Preist

Resources
Food:61 (+27)
Wood:0

Buildings
Caves 1/10 (Comfort/Popx5) + (0/2 per turn)
Tech
-Stone Hammers
-Stone Pickaxes
-Bone spears

1.) The builders are going to take this season off and train.

2.) After the fiasco that killed the other idle kobolds, the single remaining idle will go and explore to the south in this season.
>>
>>1159708
and my string of bad luck continues, I meant to make it - 10, so my completed rolls are 7 and 24.

I think that makes it only 2 in the past 18 rolls have been above 50
>>
>>1157720
will be in hospital and am Dryad player. Will I face penalties for being away?
>>
>>1160897
Each missed action will kill 1 pop.
Just kidding, your people will just go into hibernation until you return.
Get Well Soon.
>>
>>1161631
Also no bread today, too busy. Just posting real quick during lunch.
>>
>>1161637
alright
>>
>>1161637
Cool
>>
Rolled 17, 93 = 110 (2d100)

>>1157772
Fall 15
Tech: Stone Hammers, Flint-knapping, Fire, T3/1-Tiled Roof Huts(5cap/each), T2-Baskets, T2-Fishtraps, T1-Spears, Cordage, T1-Bows, Straw Clothing, Hide Blankets, Sun-Dried Food(+10/turn), Smoked Food (+20/turn), T1-Snares, T1-Pottery, T1-Kilns, Cages, Swimming, T1-Woven Boats, T2-Mathematics(Beads & Quipu), Drawing, Poultice
Pop: 112 [+6%]
Food(3 types): 376(9p/367np) [+42/turn; +112/winter] Double Rations
Materials: Wood (49), Clay(48)
Tools: Stone Hammers/Axes/Knives(plenty); T1-Fishtraps(12); T2-Fishtraps(39); T1-Spears(6); T1-Bows(10); Straw Clothes(117); Hide Blankets(38); T1-Pots(10); T1-Snares(10); T2-Baskets(51); Cages(10); T1-Woven Boats(10)
WIP: Wolf Taming(8/10), Bear Hostile(8/10), Palisade(20/25)[On Hold], Wolf Totem(5/10), Crude Bird Totem(1/10), Entering the ??? Woods(1/10)
10 – Foragers [+9] (equipped w/10 M.Baskets)
20 - Gardeners [+28] (equipped w/20 M.Baskets)
10 – Hunters [2*] [+11] (equipped w/10 Bows & 8 M.Baskets)
7 – Materials Gatherers [+9 Clay] (equipped w/[10]T1-Pots)
24 – Crafters (T2-Baskets) [+5] 10 - Trained Weavers[1.7] (T2-Baskets) [+3]
5 - Trained Builders [1.2] (equipped w/5 T2-Baskets) re-building daub hut[1/turn]
7 – Trained Animal Tamers [2.3] (helping forage when idle +4.2 Food)
1 - Goldis, One Who Sings with Wolves[2.0] (helping forage when idle +0.6 Food)

>Wolf Festival 8 (Tamers, Goldis, 20 Food)
Let us finally cement our relationship with the wolves.

>Give the Bears the leftovers from the Festival and promise to invite them next year if they behave themselves. (Tamers, 10 Food)
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.