[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC Presents: Gotham #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 25

File: The Legacy.jpg (1MB, 1242x952px) Image search: [Google]
The Legacy.jpg
1MB, 1242x952px
Your eyes sweep along the dim interior of the bar. Gaunt characters huddle and nurse their beers in their once red polyester booths browned with dust and varying stains. Condensation trails along the walls, almost as if it were running away from the mold collecting on the ceiling. Cobwebs coddle the top-shelf booze, untouched for generations. Behind the bar shines the only solace not in a liquid state, the television. The Gotham Blades were once again down by a sizable margin, and there was little doubt in your mind that the score would not get any kinder for your city's underwhelming team. The barkeep, Spivey you think his name was, lets out a grumble and reaches to switch the channel to something a little less depressing. Unfortunately, he finds the news.

"...And, with the combined forces of the Justice League and our military, the inter-dimensional time vampire threat was finally felled. Local hospitals are reporting that everyone is already on their way to a full recovery. All is fine, and the day is saved. This is Snapper Carr, reporting live from Metropolis. Back to you."

"Thank you, Snapper. Now, uh, we move on to the crime report. First, missing persons in the Southeast area of the city are as follows: Allen Roberts, Amie Thiesse, Angelina Cortez..."

Even for a place like this, its too depressing. You check your phone and see that its time to go, anyway. Bringing the musty glass to your lips, you tip it in full, letting the mug stay upturned for a few seconds so as to not miss out on any of the suds. You reach into your pocket and pull out a few crumpled bills. You count out the cash and give the bartender a quick gesture so that he sees the money left on the counter, and stumble out into the cold. You look up and squint to see the signage for the place you just stepped out of: "Spivey's Web". Looks like you got the name right. "Neat," you slur with a dumb smile. Now off to work...

Wait. Where was work again?
>The GCPD. Gotham's Finest drunks and crooks
>The docks as a delivery boy. You handle the movement of "goods" for the various "families" of Gotham. You always need some liquid courage to come face to face with those guys.
>Wayne Tech. Someone has to make an honest, if drunk, living in this town.
>Gotham General Hospital. Saving the lives of some people in this town is easier without having the morals of your sober self.
>>
>>1128382
>Gotham General Hospital. Saving the lives of some people in this town is easier without having the morals of your sober self.
>>
>>1128382
>>
>>1128382
>>
>>1128402
>>1128405
>>1128407
I'll give it ten more minutes, and then I'll start writing.
>>
>>1128382
> hospital
Oh yeah, time chase some nurses!
>>
Right. That whole doctor thing. Nothing says, "I paid good money for medical schoo," like helping Crackheads come down, or helping gang-bangers recover enough from bullet wounds to... bang more gangs..? Whatever gang-bangers do.

You turn on your heel, wobbling a little at the quick movement, and begin making your way down the street. You've always hated the night shift. Mostly because it forces you to see all of your most valuable customers either lying on the sidewalks, or stalking in the alleyways. The night never looked brighter with all of these chipper faces scowling from the shadows.

You actually do see some familiar faces. There's T-Dawgg. He killed a 13 year old kid, but a knife wound landed him on your table. He must've broke out with the last wave of escapees. And there's Julian. Heroin and assault. Oh and of course Rich "Rape and Slice" Ramon. Good to see them all.

You spend so much time reminiscing about the good old times, that you bump into a large something. Man. Large man. You look up to see an unfamiliar chest, emblazoned with what looks like the colors of T-Dawgg's gang. Then you look up a little farther and see one of those classic, give-me-all-you've-got looks. He says, "Give me all your money, and I'll only beat you."

Right again. You're on fire tonight. Now what do you do?
>Give him the money in exchange for a beating. Capitalism at its finest. Though limping may make you late for work.
>Run. He's big. He must be slow, too. (Roll)
>Try to talk your way out of this(Write-in + Roll)
>You're no pansy! Take him down a peg!
>>
>>1128496
>>Try to talk your way out of this(Write-in + Roll)
"But that guy over there has my money."
>>
>>1128496
>Try to talk your way out of this
*Grin*
"HELP ME BATMAN!"
>>
>>1128496
>>Try to talk your way out of this(Write-in + Roll)
You realize you're holding up a doctor, one who patches up people pro-bono? Listen i'm only a fucking resident, I ain't got no money, and word gets out you and yours start beating on or worse killing hospital people? Well people die in hospitals all the time, and we watch out for our own man.
>>
>>1128496
>>You're no pansy! Take him down a peg!
Kick him in the nuts.
>>
>>1128557
"I mean seriously, you wanna' take the chance of getting shot one day and ending up with one of my friends watching over you on the operating table?"
>>
>>1128509
>>1128528
>>1128557
>>1128572
Anyone want to either break this tie, or agree to combine votes here?
>>
>>1128557
>>1128579
Two kinds of people you never fuck with, your chef and your doctor. Actually or your mechanic, either.
>>
File: 1453876864806.jpg (25KB, 629x351px) Image search: [Google]
1453876864806.jpg
25KB, 629x351px
>>1128557
>>1128579
>>1128588
I'll take these as votes for the same thing. Now... Give me some 1D100's
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>1128595
ok here we go
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>1128595
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>1128595
>>
>>1128605
>>1128606
>>1128617
Now a roll that you should pay no mind to, unless its over 95. Then panic. A lot.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>1128633
Whoops. Knew I was forgetting something.
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>1128633
Well, that can't be too bad.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>1128633
>>
>>1128633
>>1128637
I take it some one other then use is gonna have a bad time
>>
File: Get it.jpg (233KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Get it.jpg
233KB, 1000x563px
>>1128605
>>1128637
Writing
>>
File: Hospital thing.jpg (63KB, 1000x616px) Image search: [Google]
Hospital thing.jpg
63KB, 1000x616px
>Try to talk your way out of this

Well of course you do what you always do when you're about to be mugged. You play the doctor card. "You realize *hic* you're holding up a doctor, one who patchess up people pro...pro-bono?" The people in the alley start to stir at your passionate, if drunken speech. "Listen i'm only a fucking resident, I ain't got no money, and word gets out you and yours start *hic* beating on or worse killing hospital people? Well people die in hospitals all the time, and we watch out for our own man." You're practically yelling now. The people in the alley are looking worried, gesturing wildly towards the two of you. "I mean seriously, you wanna' take the chance of one of you getting shot one day and ending up with one of my friends watching over you on the operating table? That's risky fucking business, my man."

That was a solid speech, and you get a cocky little grin. You look at the giant's face again for the first time since starting your little diatribe, and your face falls. Oh yeah. He's definitely pissed. The people in the alley are now approaching. Oh god. It was too much. Now I get it tenfold. I need to find a bar closer to the hospital. The angry giant reaches up with a fist only slightly smaller than your head, and your life flashes before your eyes. Med-school. Sex with that one hot girl. You're sure there was other stuff, too, but it flashes pretty quickly.

Then, suddenly, the gang tackles him down. Their feet stomping down on the big man, quickly drawing out blood and sobs from the big man. Over his shouts of "I'm sorry!" you can hear T-Dawgg. "You want to play with our lives? You want to play with our motherfucking lives? That motherfucker gave me stitches. He saved my fucking life, but you want to play? Leave him as a fucking smear." The last one, you think was directed at the rest of the gang.

"Sorry 'bout that, doc," he says, now speaking to you. "You won't get no more trouble out the Huntsmen, you hear? Tell ya boys that docs are safe on our turf." Neat. Today is looking up.

With that you walk the final few blocks to the hospital and get through main reception to the check-in. As always you see the head nurse sitting in her throne. Her "robust frame" as she likes to call it spilling off the sides. "How's it goin, sting bean?" she asks in her Texas drawl as you move up to punch your time card. Why can't they just go digital like the rest of the world?

"Just fine, Charlotte. Everything is *hic* going my way today." Now where is your punch card? It's the one with your name on it.

What was that again?
>Murdoch Bing (Doc for short)
>Will Owens
>(write-in)
>>
>>
>>1128845
>>
>>1128845
Michael Dervent

ya know M.D. for short
>>
>>1128861
>>1128845
+1
>>
>>1128861
I like it.
>>
>>1128845
>>1128861
this
>>
>>1128845
>>1128861
this
>>
File: 1-Hospital-in-India.jpg (66KB, 1024x359px) Image search: [Google]
1-Hospital-in-India.jpg
66KB, 1024x359px
Writin
>>
>Michael Dervent M.D.

You let out a drunken giggle. That's right. Stupid name joke. The reason you became a doctor in the first place. Besides the whole saving the innocent thing. That's mostly just a side-benefit though. Its all about the name joke. When did you come up with that anyway? It had to be later in high school, because freshman year was all about German Ventlation. That was a pre-

You hear a loud cough behind you. You check , where the noise came from and realize that there is a considerable line stacking up. Whoops. You punch your card and wave goodbye to the belle who's shaped like a bell, and are on your way.

You make your way to the doors through which all the action is. You burst through, and see your beloved chaos. Doctors and nurses scramble about the floor, moving from patient to patient. Screams of agony and sobs of despair bounce off the walls like Satan's favorite game of ping pong.

A nurse you haven't had the pleasure of meeting, but with a name tag reading Sam, and an ass reading squeeze me, gives you a run down. "Hello, doctor, nice of you to show up. Take whoever you can. There are some people in the corner with a pretty bad case of frost bite. There's a banger in that bed over there still recovering from Joker gas. A few gun shot wounds over there. And there's that really pale guy over there, seems like he's high on who knows what. Take your pick, but make it quick."

She's cute. Its almost like she still gives a fuck. You give her 2 weeks. But for now, you have a job to do. Time to protect truth, justice, and the American scheme. Now who.. to.. save...?

>The Frostbite Friends
>The Chuckling Gang Banger
>The Got Shot Guys
>The Pale Druggee on some unknown shit
>>
>>1129038
>>
>>1129038
>>
>>1129038
>>The Got Shot Guys
most immediately lethal
>>
>>1129038
>The Pale Druggie on some unknown shit.
Ain't touchin' those chuckle fucks.
>>
>>1129038
>>The Pale Druggee on some unknown shit
>>
>>1129038
>The Got Shot Guys

I secretly hope that this humorous writing style is only while he's drunk, it's a pov sort of thing
>>
>>1129070
(I'm glad someone caught that)
>>
>The Chuckling Gang Banger
>>
Alright, I'll call it for the Pale guy. Someone roll me a 1d10.
>>
I'm suprised we don't work in the Leslie Thompkins clinic.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>1129107
are we about to get bitten by a radioactive druggee?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>1129107
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>1129107
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>1129107
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>1129107
CMON
>>
>>1129115
What a very interesting roll...
>>1129110
That was flooded, and never reestablished.

WRITING
>>
I don't think this was said but what are the rolling rules
like best of three or what ever
>>
>>1129141
I think I'm going by the usual when I say: Best of three, crits in the top and bottom 5%. Good crits override bad ones. That was an event roll, so I only took the first.
>>
>>1129159
ok then

good we got that settled
>>
File: The Dragon.jpg (14KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
The Dragon.jpg
14KB, 600x553px

You decide that you're a bit too over your limit to work on gun shot wounds without getting a lawsuit, that is if they can afford lawyers and you don't bribe the judge, the frost bite is just boring, and not even Bruce Wayne has the dough to make you go near one of those chuckle fuckers. That leaves pale guy.

As you get closer you see that he's definitely on something strong. His eyes are glazed over and he's mumbling something under his breath. His skin, which is almost the color of the walls, is covered in a sheen of sweat, causing his gown to stick closely against his body. You don't think he has a single muscle tensed, which is evidenced by the shit smell wafting your way as you approach. If it weren't for the mumbling and the subtle rise and fall of his chest you'd be able to pawn him off on the morticians.

As you grab the chart you wonder; Why the hell is this a issue that needs a doctor? You just put an IV in him, wait a few hours, and spank his ass on his way out the door. You look down at the chart, and see nothing you wouldn't expect. When the blood work gets back it'll say what you already know. Just another junkie chasing the dragon.

You turn around and gaze in wonder as to why this man is even still here, but pause at the look of Sam's smiling face. She sure is cute, but the way she's smiling is a little scary.

You feel a sudden breath at your ear, and a deep rasp cuts into your soul. "Judge not, lest ye be judged, kind sir." Your whole body goes ridged in terror as you feel a prick at the base of your neck and a rush as something flows into you.

Oh no. Oh no no no. Junkie needle. Junkie needle. You've got AIDS. You're about to be addicted to heroin. Oh fuck. Oh fuck. What do you do?

>Call for help
>Try to beat the junkie away from your back
>Reach for some sort of weapon
>Run away flailing
>Try to get the needle out
>>
>>1129311
>>
>>1129311
>Call for help
>>
>>1129318
second
>>
>Call for help
>>
>>1129311

Well, here's to the shit in the needle being some super serum.

>Try to beat the junkie away from your back
>>
>>1129311
>Call for help
>>
>>1129339
We could get the cloak and dagger treatment aka getting superpowers from an drug.
>>
>>1129311
>>Call for help
>>Try to beat the junkie away from your back
>>1129357
hope not they are shit hero's
>>
>>1129311
>Call for help
>>
>>1129311
>>Call for help
>>Try to get the needle out
>>
>>1129367
They're B lister heroes. Dagger can make daggers out of light but Cloak has better powers. He straight up has an pocket dimension in his own cloak that is very hard to stay awake in without Daggers help along with teleportation and darkness manipulation.
>>
File: This is the good shit.gif (76KB, 379x365px) Image search: [Google]
This is the good shit.gif
76KB, 379x365px
Alright. Call for help and get the needle out win. Roll me 2 sets of 1D100. That's 6 in total. First three are for your call to action, the second are for getting the needle out.
>>
Rolled 32, 42 = 74 (2d100)

>>1129410
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>
Rolled 75, 3 = 78 (2d100)

>>1129410
>>
Rolled 46, 59 = 105 (2d100)

>>1129410
>>
Rolled 95, 46 = 141 (2d100)

>>1129416
wrong roll
>>
Rolled 21, 100 = 121 (2d100)

>>1129410

Another important question anons!

Should we be el criminal or friends with the Bat?
>>
Rolled 24, 92 = 116 (2d100)

>>1129410
>>
File: Oh no.jpg (122KB, 349x519px) Image search: [Google]
Oh no.jpg
122KB, 349x519px
>>1129415
>>1129419
>>1129421
Writing

>>1129423
>>1129424
This is just tragic
>>
>>1129424
Friends with the Bat. That would be awesome, though getting his friendship and trust is hard.
>>
>>1129424
hero they have hotter women
>>
>>1129432
Well, we're probably not getting that needle out, but someone must hear us, with that 75.
>>
>>1129432

It's not a tragedy, nor an accident

>>1129435

It would

>>1129440

The Joker would like to call bullshit on that statement
>>
>>1129452
I cant hear you since Zartanna has her legs locked around my head
and PG is smothering me with her chest
>>
>>1129467

Boy. Who the fuck is PG?

But really I'm fine with being a hero, I'm just pointing it out there
>>
>>1129415
>>1129419
>>1129421
>>1129423
>>1129424
> Roll me 2 sets of 1D100. That's 6 in total.
> Retards roll 2d100s
>>
>>1129485
power girl the blond in white with the boob window
>>
>>1129495
That's a really weird thing to be triggered by, Anon.
>>
>>1129502

Well I feel retarded for not figuring that out.

Now excuse me as I commit seppuku in shame
>>
>Call for help

You're panicking. You're really panicking. You need to get this needle out. You take a few steps forward and try to get it out of you, but your clumsy, drunken attempts only push the stopper down further, releasing another surge of the drug into your blood stream.

Well that wasn't as... whoa. This is the rush. Wait no. No. No. No. You're not sure if its the extra dosage of drug or the panic, but your throat begins closing up. You've got to get help. You have to shout. You need to let somebody know. You can't. Your voice is stuck in a minuscule whisper. Wait! There's Sam! She still sees you! But.. why is she still smiling?

Your body feels extra fuzzuzzy. Woop wop zip. That floor looks cozy. Maybe you should take a nap. Someone will see you eventually. But as you fall, by a stroke of luck, your head strikes the bed, giving a loud metallic thud on the way down. You see one of thedoctors look your way and a look of terror strikes her face. She rushes over and pulls you up off the ground.

"Get the syringe out, puhleeeeeeeeese." you whimper out, head ringing from the trip, and the hit.

Oh, its Candace. You like Candace. You start petting Candace's hair. The auburn hair feels like the smoothest silk you've ever felt. She's always so nice. "You're fucking drunk again?! I can't believe you! I stick my neck out for you again and again, but do you ever learn your lesson?" She lays you down on your back, on a soft bed, while she continues chastising you. Its really soft, but something isn't quite right. But what is it? You look out past Candace, who hasn't realized that you aren't listening, and see Sam.

You don't understand it, but she's still smiling. She's smiling even larger than she should be able to smile. Her mouth is rushing past her cheeks. The corners begin circling into her eyes, and you feel as if you should scream, but can't find the motivation to do so. Her smile grows until her head is one large circular mouth, and you realize what was weird. Even as you drift off into a comfortable sleep, you are terrified by the realization. You're laying on a really soft bed, but beneath you should be a pale, gaunt-looking man. Just as your eyes are nearly shut, the monster that was once the cute orderly with a nice butt disappears without a trace.

>That's it for tonight. I should be running again, in this thread, sometime tomorrow. I'll be around for a bit to answer any questions you might have.
>>
>>1129660
Thanks for running
>>
>>1129660
Oh no, she's invisibutt!
>>
Alright. Tomorrow: 5 PM PST
>>
>>1129963
cool
>>
This would be better as Marvel Presents: Gotham.
>>
Shit at telling time but love this quest. Did I just miss it or is it starting again?
>>
>>1132498

It will be starting later today/tonight.
>>
>>1132506
Awesome. Thanks man.
>>
>>1129660
spoopy

wonder what kind of powers we can get, and if they're random or a point buy system. Why did you leave us Crusty Jones?

It's guaranteed that we become a supervillain though, given our education
>>
>>1132638
And we can't betray our boy T-Dawgg.
>>
So then
I suggest that we start up a gang in gotham
The docs
>>
>>1132947
where should our base be?

I'm thinking in an underground speakeasy despite there being no prohibition
>>
>>1132947
We'd be murdered within a day because the Joker just wants to tell a "That'll leave them in stitches" joke.
>>
>>1132947
>>1132984
You're planning way too early.
>>
>>1132947
>>1132984
Our base should be at the docks.
>>1133018
True. But people are just excited and letting their imaginations run wild.
>>
>>1133159
fool, that's exactly where the cops expect us to be

No one will expect a speakeasy in a world without Prohibition
>>
>>1132569
No problem.
>>
>>1133003
>Joker comes in to make an "in stitches" joke
>MC sits down in front of him and sews his face shut
>roll d10 to see if Joker likes or hates it
>d10 has really random rules like evens reducing the number by three and certain numbers quintupling in value and other such bullshit

Goddamn psychopaths.
>>
(1 Hour until the next chapter begins)

- - -10 Years Prior- - -
“We’re going to get arrested, and they’ll kick us out of school, Dipshit,” she continued to nag.

“C’mon! Don’t be a baby. Do you see all of that ivy on the walls? Nobody’s been in there for years,” you fired back, gesturing at the object of your desire. Jerry and Amie were just sitting back to enjoy the show; Jerry wearing the smirk he usually gets when the two of you start fighting, Amie seeming to just hope she wasn’t dragged into it. You’d been standing there for somewhere around 5 minutes arguing with her on whether to go into this decrepit cement building. Candace and Amie had decided to rope all of you into a camping trip, and you’d be damned if you were going to let Candace “Never Do Anything Fun Unless It Was Planned Three Weeks in Advance” Caine deny you the first bit of adventure you’d found out here in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere outside of Metropolis.

“So you’re the expert on strange military-looking ass buildings in the middle of the woods, now? And if there isn’t anyone in there, they would’ve taken their stuff with them. So really there’s no reason to go in there at all!” Could she be any more obvious? You look to Jerry, exasperated, looking for some help.

“She does have a point, M,” Jerry pipes in, proving that he is totally Candy’s bitch.

“Whatever. Since you and Candy want to be chicken-shits, you keep watch while Amie and I,” Amie squeaks at the mention of her name, “explore all of the crazy, sexy, awesome secrets that this ‘ADNUS’ has.” You grab the hand of the geologist-to-be and storm off into the front entrance of the building.

- - - Underground - - -

“Here’s their files, Ma'am. Should we stop them?”

“Hmm." The woman flips through the pages for a few minutes before a devilish smile plays on her lips. "No. They’ll do.”
>>
>>1133781

Damn what sort of shit did our little doctor get into
>>
>>1133918
Wonder if the druggie was paid to give us AIDS

might explain where he got the drug
>>
File: The Dream.jpg (8KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
The Dream.jpg
8KB, 500x340px
>WELCOME BACK TO DC Presents: Gotham #1

- - - Present - - -
You float, weightless, in an ethereal plane. Your mind unencumbered by the weight of your body. Your consciousness unencumbered by the weight of your mind. There is no deception. There is no façade of who you’d like to be. This is Your Truest Self.

Before you are two obelisks constructed seemingly of pure light. It is blinding, but you stare into them, unflinchingly. Nothing you’ve ever experienced has made you feel so wholly powerless, and so filled with potential. A pulse rings out from the leftmost pillar’s base, asking a single question without need for language.

What are you?
>You are Crafty
>You are at Peace
>You are Brave
>You are Clever
>You are Tortured
>>
>>1134019
>>You are Crafty
have to be to be able to perform surgery while hammered. Learned it back in med school.
>>
>>1134019
>You are Tortured
>>
>>1134019
>You are Tortured
>>
>>1134019
>You are at Peace
>>
>>1134019
>>You are Crafty
>>
>>1134019
>you are tortured
>>
>>1134019
>>You are Crafty
>>
>>1134019
>>You are at Peace
>>
>>1134019
>>You are Crafty
>>
>>1134019
>tortured
We live in Gotham and go to work drunk.
>>
>>1134019
>You are at Peace
>>
>>1134019
>>You are crafty
>>
File: CrimeReporter001.jpg (147KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
CrimeReporter001.jpg
147KB, 405x600px
>>1134027
>>1134058
>>1134079
>>1134096
>>1134107
Crafty
>>1134033
>>1134045
>>1134066
>>1134105
Tortured
>>1134046
>>1134080
>>1134106
Peaceful

Writing
>>
>>1134019
>>You are Crafty
>>
File: A Choice Again.jpg (3KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
A Choice Again.jpg
3KB, 480x480px
>You are Crafty

The moment a thought crosses your mind the obelisk which posed the question flashes in a brilliant silver light, which causes you to turn away for the first time. When your eyes return to the statue it has been enveloped in a chrome casing; Reflecting and magnifying the brilliance of its partner.

And of the partner; It stands untouched by the metallic sheen. Still pure. From its base you feel the same urging from before. Calling out to you. Demanding an answer.

What are you?
>You are Brooding
>You are Mischievous
>You are Arrogant
>You are Diligent
>You are Proud
>>
>>1134096
>>1134107
>>1134136
Normaly i would ignore it but i call samefag
The sudden appearence of a bunch of lurkers voting for the same thing as soon as it starts losing seems too suspecious
>>
>>1134176
>>You are Arrogant
>>
>>1134176
>>You are Proud
>>
>>1134176
>>You are Mischievous
>You are Proud
>>
>>1134176
>you are arrogant
Some one who taunted a gang banger double his size and walked into work drunk seems arrogant
>>
>>1134176
>>You are Arrogant
Seems like the good doctor we know.
>>
>>1134189
Welp. Too late. The update already happened. Voice your grievances earlier next time.
>>
>>1134176
>>You are Mischievous

>>1134189
Nigga I just got here.
>>
>>1134200
Only choose one.
>>
>>1134176
>>You are Mischievous
i do love a good playful hero
>>
>>1134176
>You are Mischievous
>>
>>1134176
>>You are Brooding
>>
>>1134176
>You are Arrogant
>>
>>1134176
>You are Arrogant
>>
>>1134176
>You are Mischievous
>>
>>1134208
>>1134193
>>1134205
>>1134199
Well shit sorry, i've been in too many situations were people samefag because
A. They want to make the character into there self insert
B. They want to get the character killed
C. Because "LUL IM SO FUNNY XDDDDDDD"
D. They actually think there "saving" the quest
It gets really fucking annoying sometimes especially when you have to root out the lurkers and people who just came and seperate them from the samefags
>>
>>1134176
> you are lecherous
These are all shit options
>>
7 more minutes. I'm doing 20 minute voting periods because of outside circumstances of my own.

>>1134272
The options are a reflection of character choices made by the voters.
>>
>>1134176
>You are Arrogant

>>1134189
It's called watching the Super Bowl, so I post late.
>>
>>1134262
And I've been in many situations where someone didn't get the option they wanted and declared samefagging. Much like this one.
>>
>>1134287
>Watching the Super Bowl
Glad to see someone else is doing that. Now I don't feel so bad.
>>
>>1134176
>You are Proud
>>
>>1134303
I feel bad for the Patriots
>>
File: Writing.jpg (80KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
Writing.jpg
80KB, 1300x866px
>>1134193
>>1134202
>>1134204
>>1134233
>>1134244
>>1134287
Air of a Gent
>>1134208
>>1134222
>>1134224
>>1134251
Ms. Cheevis
>>1134199
>>1134228
>>1134308
The other options
>>1134313
You shouldn't. They're evil.

And if y'all start a war over samefagging, I will bounce and never look back.

WRITING
>>
>>1134290
Yeah thats also annoying
Crafty was my second choice but i thought tortured would be more interesting
>>
>>1134324
Crafty and Arrogant, it's amazing that we're a doctor and not a corpse considering where we are.
>>
>>1134324
There is no reason to start a war
The accused has all ready proven there innocence and the accuser has already taken back all accusations and apologized
>>
>>1134313
Same. This is just depressing to watch.
>>1134324
Don't worry man. We're all mature enough to not cry wolf when we don't get what we want.
>>
File: Choose.jpg (67KB, 1721x992px) Image search: [Google]
Choose.jpg
67KB, 1721x992px
>You are Arrogant

It happens once again. The moment a thought even begins to form in your mind the pillar reacts. This time it doesn’t explode in a bathing, metallic light, but slowly begins to grow in a purple pulsation. It starts at the base and begins to slowly eke its way to the top of the pillar, growing higher with each pulse. The right obelisk is soon filled entirely with the deep purple light, reflecting off of its metallic brother.

The two pillars: One a beautiful chrome, one a majestic purple. They both begin pulsing in unison, bathing you in strange visions and ideas. There’s you, creating unbelievable contraptions at an incredible pace, controlling objects with only your mind. There’s you, directing an army of unfathomable creatures. There’s you, bending the wills of others into your own. There’s you, creating massive explosions, both beautiful and destructive.

The Obelisks pulse together. Which are you?
>The Mind for Building
>The Mind for Leading
>The Mind for Control
>The Mind for Destruction
>>
>>1134380
>>The Mind for Control
>>
>>1134380
>The Mind for Control
>>
>>1134380
>>The Mind for Building
>>
>>1134380
>The Mind for Control
>>
>>1134380
>>The Mind for Leading
>>
>>1134380
>The Mind for Building

Mad Engineer Ho!
>>
>>1134401
They all are, to some degree. These are all viable options based on your previous choices.
>>
>>1134380
>>The Mind for Leading
I like the idea of being a mad doc making our own army. Not used enough these days. Let's just make something other then robots as those ARE kinda overdone
>>
>>1134380
> the mind for leading
Maybe like control but less offensive
>>
>>1134380
>>The Mind for Control
>>
>>1134380
>>The Mind for Building
>>
>>1134380
lead ing
>>
>>1134380
>The Mind for Control
Alright last time I'll change my vote.
>>
>>1134380
>>The Mind for Building
>>
File: The Bat.jpg (50KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
The Bat.jpg
50KB, 450x450px
>>1134389
>>1134390
>>1134397
>>1134433
>>1134452
Mind Fuckery
>>1134392
>>1134405
>>1134434
>>1134469
Tech Fuckery
>>1134400
>>1134415
Being a positive force for your community

Aaaand nobody likes the boom.

Alright, writing
>>
>>1134524
Please tell me this doesn't mean mind control
>>
>>1134524
I wanted to pick boom but no one else was going to
>>
>>1134537
Thats what it says though
>>
>Mind Control
Dropped. Quest ruined.
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>1134537
>>1134581
>implying I'd let you guys get mind control this easily
>>
>>1134581
I never got this. Is telling someone you're leaving supposed to mean something? I'm not the only one who thinks it's a pointless gesture, right?
>>
>>1134537
>>1134581
>>1134589
I read it as some form of summoning powers.
>>
>>1134589
So more like surface thought reading with maybe some minor imprinting of ideas or illusions?

>>1134581
Hey I don't like where the vote went either, but I'm willing to see how it plays out.
>>
>>1134598
Did anybody else get Leading and Control mixed up? Because, if they did, I can hold a re-vote.
>>
>>1134598
I think that was the description for Leading.

>>1134607
In that case, re-vote for Leading.
>>
>>1134607
I'll vote for leading.
>>
>>1134607
>ate] [Auto] 3 new posts
Leading lad
>>
>>1134607
Oh...oh holy shit I'm fucking blind and dumb. Sorry guys. Yeah I did mix up leading and control. I'm this guy.
>>1134397
And I'll switch to leading.
>>
>>1134607
I did vote for leader
>>
>>1134607
this kinda thing you need to be direct with

offer to do a revote with what the powers are
>>
>>1134607
If we can still vote
> A mind for building
>>
>>1134607
If the decision is important then maybe a revote wouldn't be unwarranted
>>
Okay. New vote. Everybody hold on. I'm sorry for fucking up.

Which are you?
>The Mind for Building (Using your mind to influence the creation of technology)
>The Mind for Leading (Using your mind and spirit to influence various beings)
>The Mind for Control (Psionic realm of powers, basically)
>The Mind for Destruction (The ability to create explosives in any number of ways, including with your mind)
>>
>>1134673
>>The Mind for Destruction (The ability to create explosives in any number of ways, including with your mind)
>>
>>1134673
LEADING NIGGA
>>
>>1134673
>>The Mind for Control (Psionic realm of powers, basically)
>>
And you will not get the top echelon of these powers at the beginning. You'll have to build up from the bottom.
>>
>>1134673
>>The Mind for Leading (Using your mind and spirit to influence various beings)
>>
>>1134673
Its not your fault, just my faulty eyes.
>The Mind for Leading
>>
>>1134673
>The Mind for Leading (Using your mind and spirit to influence various beings)
>>
>>1134673
>>
>>1134673
You're still being hella vague about control
>>
>>1134673
>>The Mind for Destruction (The ability to create explosives in any number of ways, including with your mind)
Being Doc Boom could be good.
>>
>>1134673
>>The Mind for Building (Using your mind to influence the creation of technology)
>>
>>1134673
>The Mind for Control
>>
>>1134673
>The Mind for Destruction (The ability to create explosives in any number of ways, including with your mind)
Leading sounds ridiculously boring
>>
>>1134709
Its vague, because you will eventually be able to get any type of thing from that realm of powers. Telekinesis, Telepathy, Mind Control, Memory alteration, but that's all way down in the end game.
>>
>>1134673
>>The Mind for Building (Using your mind to influence the creation of technology)
>>
>>>The Mind for Destruction (The ability to create explosives in any number of ways, including with your mind)
Make things go boom boom
>>
>>1134673
>>
>>1134673
>>The Mind for Control (Psionic realm of powers, basically)
Id rather not deal with the other shit from the other powers
>>
>>1134678
>>1134708
>>1134711
>>1134725
>>1134732
>>1134733
De
>>1134688
>>1134721
>>1134740
Co
>>1134679
>>1134696
>>1134702
>>1134707
Le

Glad we cleared that up. Sorry for trying to be too mystical, guys.
>>
>>1134673
>The Mind for Control
I hope we don't just buff people with this.
>>
>>1134765
It works well, better to have personality as a QM than be upfront and boring.
>>
>>1134765
I'm sure if we work hard enough, we could replicate the other power choices with smart use of our explosion powers.
>>
>>1134829
>Mind control
>"Do as I say."
>"Nah"
>Pop goes his head
>"You. Do as I say."
>"Sure thing, boss."

Sounds legit.
>>
>>1134829
Enough explosions in the right place do solve most problems.
>>
File: Killer Queen.png (1MB, 515x723px) Image search: [Google]
Killer Queen.png
1MB, 515x723px
>>1134765
>explosives
We going killer queen now
>>
>>1134849
Can it solve chronic back pain?
>>
File: scrubs.png (1020KB, 1080x663px) Image search: [Google]
scrubs.png
1020KB, 1080x663px

Your eyes fire open like a shotgun blast. A horrible decision as your head is immediately set upon by a searing pain. Hangover. The room was too bright. You try again, more gently this time, and see that you're in the resident's room. The sound of snoring comes from the bunk above, and its the type you recognize. Candace. She must've stayed after her shift to look after you. She's really over-bearing sometimes. It was just a little drunkenness. You reach up to scratch at the back of your head and stop at the feel of a white cloth wrapped around your head.

That's right. You fell, but why? You weren't that drunk, were you? There was something else that's nagging at the back of your mind, but you can't quite remember anything from last night between Spivey's and waking up. Oh well. Too much migraine to care. It was probably just one of those fantastical urine puddles that you love so much.

Anyways, what should you do now?
>Wake up Candace(If there's something you want to say, make it known)
>Leave for home
>Ask around to hear about how drunk you are from someone else before confronting your old friend
>Other(Specify)
>>
>>1134878
>>Wake up Candace(If there's something you want to say, make it known)
"How did I get in the residents room?"
>>
>>1134878
"Thanks."
>>
>>1134878
>>
>>1134875
Mini explosions inside the spine for intense internal orthopedic healing.

>>1134878
"Could you make me some coffee?"
>>
>>1134878
"Thanks for carting me over here, but what the hell happened?"
>>
>>1134922
>This
>>
>>1134878
Ask what happened to that patient
>>
Writing
>>
File: Candace Caine.jpg (32KB, 417x523px) Image search: [Google]
Candace Caine.jpg
32KB, 417x523px

There's no rest for the wicked, You rise to your feet, sending your mind through a level of nausea that you didn't know existed. This is definitely one of your better hangovers. Luckily your stomach is able to hold onto its contents long enough to turn around to see your noble hero.

Her hair was splayed out around her head in a wild, red starburst. She was laid out above the blankets, still wearing her scrubs. Her nose bobbles up and down a few times in an attempt to make her seem downright adorable. So of course you decide to flick said nose.

She springs to life in an instant, throwing a straight right which connects to your temple, sending a whole new level of pain exploding through your skull. Her face stiffens in shock. "Oh gosh! I'm so sorry!" Her expression then shifts to an emotion that you can place somewhere near the realm of rage. "No, I'm not sorry! You idiot!"

You decide to just ignore the cutting pain from her jabs, and her volume and cut her off before anymore damage can be done. First appeal to her ego. "Thanks for carting me over here." Next, her find out just how bad I was. "But what the hell happened?" You did good, Mike. You did good.

Uh-oh. That's her seething look. Abort. Abort. "What happened?! Are you serious? You walk onto the floor, start talking to yourself, then go hit your head on one of the beds, and I'm immediately thinking 'oh boy, here we go again'. But then, and I can not believe that you can be this fucking god damn stupid, they run your blood and there's fucking heroin in you? Are you serious? The alcohol was bad enough. they won't even admit you to a hospital in Metropolis anymore, but now fucking heroin! Are you a fucking moron? What the hell were you thinking?" Your brain is erupting from the passion that was just spiked through your sensitive ears, but you can tell she's close to tears. Did... did you do heroin last night? What the fuck?

How do you respond?
>"Uhhh"
>"Are you sure?"
>Meet anger with anger. "I've never touched heroin."
>Other(Specify)
>>
>>
>>1135123
>Other(Specify)
"Heroin?! Hell no! I hate that shit"
>>
>>1135123
>>Meet anger with anger. "I've never touched heroin."
>>
>>1135123
>Drinks? Yeah, it's how I get through my day, but I know enough about heroin to stay as far away from it as I fucking can. If you found it anywhere near me someone put it on or in me after I treated that pale ass druggie.
>>
>>1135123
M.D. ain't no fucking druggie.
>>
>>1135123
>>
>>1135123
>>
>>1135123
>>
>>1135123
>>
>>1135123
Some gunky who shouldn't have even been in the ER gott stabby with a dirty syringe. I probably have all kinds of other shit now too. I would appreciate some sympathy!
>>
>>1135143
>>1135166
>>1135182
>>1135187
>>1135189
>>1135196
>>1135200
DENY DENY DENY
>>
>>1135256
Writing
>>

Oh no, no, no. She won't get you for something you've never done. "I've never touched heroin, and you know that I never wo-"

"So the results are just wrong? You're just a perfect fucking saint, then? Is that it?" You've had enough of this shit.

[ CRAFTY ] You pull up your sleeves and show her your arms, before holding out your fingernails for inspection. "I've never done any fucking heroin. So go tell somebody in the blood labs that they better pay closer attention to my shit next time." She looks closely, and her eyes widen a little bit. Then she gets a healthy dose of skepticism and checks around your body for any holes. Behind the knees, toe nails, armpits. All clear.

"Hmm..."

"Fucking told you. Now if I wasn't drunk last night I would go down there and tell them to suck it, but I don't really have much moral high ground here." She just gives a little harrumph and walks away. She never could take losing very well, but you know she wouldn't leave you if she wasn't satisfied. She's probably going to bitch at someone in the lab instead.

You feel some sweat trickling down your neck and reach up to wipe it off. You must've really gotten worked u- Well that's blood. Your head wound must've reopened.

What to do?
>Just lie back down
>Go ask someone to redress your bandages
>Just cauterize it, of course (roll)

[ This is the last story update of the night. ]
>>
>>1135424
>>Go ask someone to redress your bandages
>>
>>1135424
>>Just cauterize it, of course (roll)
completely untested powers should be used for precision operations
>>
File: IMG_0902.jpg (56KB, 576x521px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0902.jpg
56KB, 576x521px
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>1135424
>Just cauterize it, of course (roll)
d100?
>>
>>1135456
I'll call for a roll if it wins.
>>
>>1135424
Do not apply untested uncontrolled explosion powers to the cranium. Unless you really, really hate the cranium.
>>
>>1135424
>>
>>1135456
>>1135464
Ah, I see

It does just vary in different quests Glad to see you made the better decision
>>
>>1135424
>>Just cauterize it, of course (roll)
>>
>>
>>1135424
>>
>>1135424
Let's show restraint
>>
>>1135436
>>1135467
>>1135485
>>1135520
>>1135530
>>1135540
>Being a sensible person
>>1135451
>>1135456
>>1135483
>>1135505
>I'll just burn myself, KK?

Damn you, common sense! One final bit of business.

>Heat lvl 1 (Starts Heat power tree)
Can generate a degree of heat. Perfect for those chilly nights.
>Pyrokinesis lvl 1 (Starts Pyromancer power tree)
Can create a small fire in the palm of your hand. Bigger than a match, smaller than a campfire.
>A Little of This, A Little of That Lvl 1 (Starts Bombmaker power tree)
With enough time, you now have the knowledge required to create a decent explosive.

I'll start creating the more in-depth power trees this week, but know that you aren't locked in to any one.
>>
>>1135594
>>Heat lvl 1 (Starts Heat power tree)
>>
>>1135594
Is common sense a super power here?
Since this is in DC?
>>
>>1135594
>>
>>1135594
>>Pyrokinesis lvl 1 (Starts Pyromancer power tree)

oh shit we hot streak now or firestarter with drew barrymore
>>
>>1135594
>>Pyrokinesis lvl 1 (Starts Pyromancer power tree)
Heat doesn't have the same power at lower levels. Pyro lets us become a fire bender. Heat lets us stave off hypothermia
>>
>>1135594
Can create a small fire in the palm of your hand. Bigger than a match, smaller than a campfire.

>implying we're sensible
Just wait until we set half of Gotham on fire by accident
>>
>>1135626
True, but is lower level power necessarily equated to higher level power?
>>
>>1135594
Gotham's supposed to be pretty cold, IIRC. We're going to have a lot of chilly nights.
>>
File: 1485798063189.jpg (370KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485798063189.jpg
370KB, 1200x800px
>>1135594
>>A Little of This, A Little of That Lvl 1 (Starts Bombmaker power tree)
>>
>>1135618
>>1135626
>>1135634
At lower level pyro might be stronger, but domain over all heat is fucking terrifying at the upper bounds, especially if we can drain heat. Also less noticeable.
>>
>>1135638
I don't really mind which set of powers win this one, I just think knowing for sure what you can do is a good bet
>>
>>1135594
>Heat lvl 1 (Starts Heat power tree)
>>1135655
Like killer frost, except with less need to kill people
>>
>>1135671
Yup, cept we also have Supes heat vision.
>>
>>1135594

Lets be honest, once you start getting stronger with heat generation you can just start fires. Maybe not control them but you know. Problems for later.

Also suddenly superheating something can cause explosions. We could turn rocks into frag grenades. And gasses are prone to exploding all the goddamn time.
>>
>>1135689
We could also maybe eventually do the 40k thing and superheat a person's bone marrow, turning their arms into frag grenades
>>
>>
>>1135603
>>1135617
>>1135641
>>1135671
>>1135689
The hotness
>>1135618
>>1135626
>>1135634
>>1135708
Straight Fiyah
>>1135651
The lil' bombie that could

Heat lvl 1 wins

Alright, thanks to everyone for playing. My schedule is kind of in flux right now, but check back everyday at around 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time, and you just might find Michael Dervent, doing something interesting.

Feel free to talk about hero/villain names, or ask any questions you'd like for the rest of the thread.
>>
>>1135727
Make a twitter
>>
>>1135734
Or a discord
>>
>>1135771
>Off site chat wankery where the cool kids can pull strings of the quest and make it a hugbox.

Nah
>>
>>1135734
@TheTgPenGuy
Peer pressure is a bitch.
>>1135771
Fuck off-site chatting. It kills the quest. If you want to talk about the quest, do it in-thread.
>>
>>1135789
>@TheTgPenGuy
nice board friendo
>>
File: 1443444076616.gif (2MB, 389x185px) Image search: [Google]
1443444076616.gif
2MB, 389x185px
>>1135789
>Fuck off-site chatting. It kills the quest. If you want to talk about the quest, do it in-thread.

You, I like.
>>
>>1135803
I went too fast, and I'm more used to things being on /tg/
>>
Heatwave sounds like an good superhero name.
>>
File: It already is.png (661KB, 433x640px) Image search: [Google]
It already is.png
661KB, 433x640px
>>1135822
>filename
>>
>>1135789
Yeah I get where you're coming fr I'll m since I'm still waiting for a different quest with a discord to get back to it
>>
>>1135828
Burnout then.
>>
File: Burnout.jpg (162KB, 700x1054px) Image search: [Google]
Burnout.jpg
162KB, 700x1054px
>>1135845
C'mon, son
>>
>tfw want to suggest some sciency shit but none of it rolls well
>>
>>1135854
Thermodyne
>>
>>1135866
You could always try shortening it, or mishmashing with other stuff.
>>
>>1135867
This
>>
Hello my name is Thermite
>>
Also since we have heat manipulation here's an thing on it. http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Heat_Manipulation
>>
>>1135875
Most of it is multiple words or a name. Or just something really long and specific that no one would ever guess if you didn't have the full word. Which is no fun. And just throwing words into each other usually just winds up being "generic word" + "noun" or another generic word.

Mixing in things like "Annealing" doesn't really mesh well.

Basically trying to be witty is a bitch when trying to avoid something good but generic. Like Heatwave. It's good, but it's pretty clear at a glance what he's all about.
>>
>>1135914
Its all good. You technically don't even have a power yet, so there's still time to pick a name.
>>
All I have to contribute in the way of names is Firestrike.
>>
so can we eventually get bombs that do weird shit? they heal when they explode or as a combination between heat and bombs it sets off a localised blizzard?
>>
Arson :)
>>
File: 65469-atomic-bond.png (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
65469-atomic-bond.png
12KB, 400x400px
Catalyst
>>
>>1136082

I see you.
>>
Dead Heat!
>>
Furnace?
>>
Metabolica?
>>
File: Sparky Sparky Boom.jpg (57KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sparky Sparky Boom.jpg
57KB, 720x480px
Combustion Man
>>
Meddyg Ffrwydrad
>>
Doctor Burns?
>>
>>1136976

That makes it sound like we should also diss our opponents all the time which I am not opposed to
>>
Icy-Hot. We use our cold intellect to verbally wound our foes and then we physically burn them.
>>
Doctor Flint
>>
Doctor Cotter Eiser
>>
Flameo Hotman
>>
Scoville
>>
Cauterizer
>>
I don't care about this pointless codename crap so let me get back to work or I'm going to burn your face off. Stop whining, I'll patch you up later.
>>
What about Thermostat?
>>
>>1142653
Cauterize is good cause it goes with the medical stuff
>>
>>1135727
I have something to admit. It was about 20 minutes from my whim to start this quest and the first post. I've been pulling stuff out of my ass, and its been fine so far, but I want to put a little more thought into the behind the scenes, and where I want to take the quest before I proceed any further.

I just didn't have any plan, and while I have an idea of what I want to do now, I want to understand the way in which the world I've cooked up works before I continue. This quest will continue, but it will take a bit longer than I originally advertised. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.
>>
>>1128382
You're doing Darkseid's work, my friend. Go forth and create quality shit.
>>
>>1160908
I thought you died
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.