[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DnD Quest: Intro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

This quest will function almost as a traditional DnD Quest.

I will need 4 anons to select a race and class.

First come, first serve.
When a party member is missong from the thread general opinion will control them.

Races are:
Half-Giant
Orc
Elf
Human
Gnome
Dwarf
Halfling
Half-Orc
Half-Elf
Goblin

Make your tag your character name, then I'll give you your choices for classes.
>>
Goblin please
>>
>>1122986
>Half-Orc
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>1122986
I'll let the dice god decide for me.
>>
>>1123088
Half-Giant
>>
>>1122986
HUMANITY FUCK YEAH

Humans please
>>
>>1122986
Dwarf! If I ain't too late anyways.
>>
>>1123133
Forgot my name
>>
We can do a group of 5.

I need names everyone.
Goblin
Orc
Half-Giant
Human
Dwarf.

Quite the team.

CLASSES:
Warrior
Rogue
Ranger
Theif
Mage
Bard
Berserker
Monk
Write-In (if reasonable, Include brief desc.)
>>
>>1123092
Zav - Half-Giant- Monk
>>
>>1123220
Ranger Goblin
Monk Orc
Warrior Half-Giant
Thief Human
Mage Dwarf
>>
>>1123220
Goblin's name is snatchet, mage.
>>
>>1123220
Thief or Mage, either or really. If someone else wants one I'll take the other. If not I'll go with thief.
>>
>>1123238

It's up to the people who selected characters as to the class they would like.
Thiugh if they wish to take your suggestion they can.
>>
>>1123247
oh sorry then

in that case, orc rogue called Grimbo
>>
>>1123245
Oh yeah, I ain't got a static ip, so should I trip?
>>
what the difference between rogue and thief in this quest?
>>
>>1123238
I can work with this
>>
>>1123220
>Mage
>>
>>1123249
Please do. I'll be setting up a discord for us
>>
Rogue more heavily combat based, theif more stealth and gadgets sorta.
>>
>>1122986
You still accepting players?
>>
>>1123259
Staying monk or going warrior? Monk is only proficient in hand to hand but has minor restoration magic. Warrior is very heavily combat based.
>>
>>1123263
Gotcha. Also, seems Cromwell will be a dwarf theif.
>>
>>1123269
I may be. If player 5 doesn't return soon.
>>
haven't played in a while
>>
>>1123220
sticking with orc rogue then
>>
>>1123279
Alright, ping me when the spot opens up
>>
>>1123274
Going warrior
>>
Snatchet - Mage
Zav - TBD
Cromwell - Thief
Kelask - Mage
Grimbo - Rogue

Once Zav confirms we can get started woth the lore of the area. (I have a map)
And I can also descirve your stats and abilities.
>>
Alright. Classes decided. Lets get into lore
>>
that feel when not in the party
>>
incoming wall
>>
Human thief seems nice
>>
>>1123306
Sorry friend. I'm on a time constraint and had no faith. When the discord is up we'll talk, I have a plan for you.
>>
File: IMG_20170203_110802.jpg (139KB, 1005x1003px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170203_110802.jpg
139KB, 1005x1003px
Welcome to the land of T'andel (the largest continent, pronounced An-dell)
Ruled by the glorious Emperor Tyfir.

Times are troubled as recently the residents east of King's Stone, the emperor's personal domain, revolted in an attempt to overthrow the emperor and gain status in a world where they hold little to none. The rebellion was crushed and Tyfir ordered all the would be traitors to their deaths.

With the eastern lands still reeling from the devastating deaths of anyone who could call themselves a leader, a new threat approaches. A mysterious island that seems to grow ever larger on the horizon everyday. With the lords of King's Stone and the emeperor now forcing the Eastern Stonelands into fighting amongst themselves scrambling for any sort of order. You arrive in the Merchant Republic city of Mahdiga. Selling, Filled with, and protected by fierce sellswords. This city manages to hold itself above all the violence of the Eastern Stoneland's using coin.

With upstart Barons seeking any land or power in this decimated realm the chance for coin is ever present, and where coin lies, as do you.

(Map Below. You begin in the lower right hand city.)
>>
Any questions about the area or anything mentioned in my pathetically small lore segment.
>>
>>1123352
Are the races spread over the lands or are they concetrated in one 'province'
>>
>>1123352
None at the moment
>>
>>1123361
For the most part spread though races including:
Goblins, Orcs, Half-Giants.

Live in their own societies. Much like tribes.
>>
>>1123340
Which island on the map is the growing one?
>>
>>1123492
Top right unmapped land. Whether it's growing or slowly approaching or being approached is unknown.
>>
>>1123547
Is there any local authority in the merchant city? Maybe a council of merchants or guilds or something?
>>
>>1123547
How tight security is on the city?

Also what is the most common group of weapons around in this city/area of the world?
>>
The Merchants Guild runs the city. The wealthiest merchants control the city as they pay the guards.

The guards are paid top coin, they are well armed and well equipped but endlessly greedy.

Weapons that are very common in The Eastern Stonelands are: broad swords, scimitars, long bows, recurve bows, and curved daggers.

Though in the city sellswords carry whatever weapons they brought with them.
>>
>>1123640
is the general populace generally disgruntled?
>>
>>1123847
Generally they feel safe. They aren't affected by the war.

I'm about to go to work, so players. Drop backstories for your char. ANd I will give stats soon.
>>
Snatchet was raised to be a thief, like his father and his father before that, his father taught him a lot about stealing techniques and such. But at the age of 10 snatchet realised thievery wasn't the right thing to do, so he left his home disrespecting all his ancestors.

He travelled some time until he found a wizard who taught snatchet about magic. Snatchet seemed to be a natural and it didn't take long before he mastered the basics.

After a year of training he left to help people around the world, which led him to mahdiga.

(Snatchet is only 14 but for a goblin that is the same as being 18 as a human)

Sorry for boring and cliché backstory haha
>>
>>1123889
how long or detailed they need to be?
>>
>>1123931
The more you add the more interesting I can make the story for you.
>>
>>1123967
Do I count as a player?
>>
Grimbo spent most of his life going from place to place acting as bodyguard, hired thug or anything that required physical labor for exchange of currency or food. He also happens to be shorter and not as strong as his people so he made up to it by being more nimble and agile.

He Makes sure a job done and remains loyal to the client as long as he/she pays. Greedy to a fault he may be, but he knows betraying a contract will lead him to death or worse in this line of work.

The orc also picked up a habit of collecting strange or just downright bizarre knives simply because they look pretty cool.

Grimbo prefers to mostly avoid attention and needless fights.

He got wind of a job in Mahdiga that paid for quite unusually high amount and ventured of into the merchant city.
>>
>>1124556
What did I miss
>>
>>1125794
Backstory, I think thread is dead
>>
>>1125874
Aww I wanted to play
>>
anyone here?
>>
>>1127177
snatchet is here
>>
>>1127177
Kodaka is here
>>
Wot edition, lad?
Also, what about sub-races based on continent, if it er, fits?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.