[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Corporate Opera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
24KB, 512x512px
Interestingly enough, Herman Kepler found wealth to be dangerous thing.

He was first and foremost a Christian. He was born in unit 301 of the Rose Garden, a motel that had turned into an apartment complex a few years before in 1987.

His mother and father were good people, but were also addicted to crack-cocaine.

He sits in is office in the Kepler Tower, the unnoficial headquarters of of his many financial enterprises.

He taps his pen on his desk. It's sleek golden cap and inefficient weight marketed it as expensive. He wonders at the state of a world that sells pens to men like him, and allows children to starve for the sins of their parents.

He closes his eyes, and for a brief moment, all is quiet.

His cell phone vibrates on his desk.

>It's his girlfriend.

>It's his wife.
>>
>>1118330
>It's his wife.
>>
He picks up the phone. He glances at the name and photo before sliding his finger across the screen to answer.

>"Hey what's up?"

>"Is this really important?"
>>
>>1118356
>>"Is this really important?"
>>
>>1118356

"Is this really important?"
>>
>>1118356
>"Is this really important?"
>>
"Do you think I go out of my way to talk to you if it wasn't? Your daughter wants to speak with you."

Herman listens to the sound of the phone changing hands.

"Hi, daddy."

>"Hey sweetheart, what do you need to talk to me about?"

>"Daddy is very busy today, tell me what you need."

>"Please put your mother back on the phone."
>>
>>1118417
>>
>>1118417

>>
"Umm... Well. I think I should come see you. We are going to the movies."

"We are?"

"No. Me and my school."

"So you should come see me?"

"No. I should go with you to the movies."

>"I don't have time for non-sense. Give your mother the phone."

>"I don't get it, honey. What's going on?"

>"Okay honey, sure thing." Hang up.
>>
>>1118453
>>
>>1118453
>>
"We are going with our parents and so you and me are going to go to see a movie."

Herman pauses. What is going on here?

>This is undoubtedly a ploy by your wife to make you seem innatentive as a father. You wait in terror for the day she tries to serve you a divorce.

>Although you'd love to go, this is a busy month for you. You won't be able to make a day trip to the movie theater any time soon.

>"Sure thing, Mags. When is it?"
>>
>>1118520
option c, although i suspect we won't make it to that movie.
>>
She tells you the date, and he quietly thumbs his way into his phones scheduling app.

Herman has a meeting that day with the VP of a big marketing company. If the deal falls through, he stands to lose close to twenty-two million dollars.

This is only the first of what will be a series of meetings. It might not hurt to reschedule, he thinks.

But, he mentally argues, he's never dealt with these people before.

He replies.

>"Alright Maggie. I'll pick you up at seven in the morning! Daddy's got to go now..."

>"Oh, Mags. I've got a meeting that day. Very important. Could we maybe do something else that weekend?"

>"I spoke too soon. I have a meeting. We'll have to find another time. Put your mother on the phone."
>>
>>1118606

>"Oh, Mags. I've got a meeting that day. Very important. Could we maybe do something else that weekend?"

She'll thank us when she gets that trust fund
>>
>>1118606
>>
"No, me and mommy and Steve are going --" She's cut off. The sound of the phone quickly changing hands is once more heard.

"So you're not taking her? Figures. Busy with work? Drinking at a bar with someone in a suit? Or a dress? Fuck off Herman." She hisses into the microphone. Herman wonders if she actually may have learned something on their honeymoon to Rio.

>"Who the fuck is Steve?"

>"You're bringing men around my daughter now?"

>"Good afternoon, Stephanie."
>>
>>1118651

Shit's gonna get real
>>
>>1118651
>>"Who the fuck is Steve?"
>>
>>1118651
>>
"Your daughter and I need someone in our lives, Herman. You are not here. Don't treat me like you own me because we are married."

Herman hears the dull beeping that heralds the end of the call. He slides his phone into the pocket of his grey slacks.

He stands, and throws his coat about his shoulders. He pulls his arms into the sleeves and adjusts himself.

The beeping of the offices intercom system sounds before the voice of his secretary speaks.

"Would you like me to call a meeting still, sir? You said two o'clock but that call came in at two and now it's quarter-past."

>"Yes, Angela. Call the meeting. Thank you." Before making his way to the conference room.

>"No Angela, I think I'm going to head out. Reschedule the meeting to tomorrow morning." Before gathering his things to leave.

>"I intended to make them wait, Angela. When I say two o'clock, I mean it."
>>
>>1118766
>>
>>1118766

Good thing we didn't go to that movie tho eh? Denied her the chance to cuck us in public.
>>
"Oh, I'm sorry sir! I thought since you were on the phone and..."

Herman snaps.

"How about this, how about you just do what I ask you to do. There isn't much thinking involved. And definitely no thinking about whether or not you should do why I asked, but if at all, only HOW IT SHOULD BEST BE DONE."

Herman storms out of his office. Walking past Angela's desk, he barks.

"Call the meeting. Tell them to get there before I do and that I am on my way now."

Herman grinds his teeth when he is angry. As he moves through the floor of the office, the sight of his jaw clenched and moving is enough to part the lanes of people moving about.

He arrives at the conference room to find the door open. No doubt by the first one to get to the meeting. He pushes the door wide and takes his seat at the head of the table.

Sitting at the other end of the room is:

>Archer Kimball. Forever Herman's loyal friend, he essentially ran the company during his father's illness for some years. Since inheriting the business he has been Herman's right hand man. He advised the calling of the meeting.

>James P. Woods. No relation to the actor, has been able to consistently land large contracts for Kepler Enterprises. Herman has called the meeting to publicly negotiate his salary with the other partners.

>Dyreen Schmidt. A business analyst that was recently hired on behalf of the shareholders. Herman called the meeting to observe his findings before it gets passed on to the public.
>>
>>1118866

>Archer Kimball. Forever Herman's loyal friend, he essentially ran the company during his father's illness for some years. Since inheriting the business he has been Herman's right hand man. He advised the calling of the meeting.

We're gonna need a bro or two to get through this shit
>>
>>1118866
>>
Archer gestures for Herman to sit. Arher is wearing his blue suit.

This is important to Herman, because over the years he's come to have an appreciation for Archer's tendency to coordinate his suit color to the days of the week. Oddly enough, Monday is blue.

But today, is Tuesday.

>"What's the deal here, Archie?"

>"Yesterday's suit, old boy?"

>Herman sits quietly, hands folded.
>>
>>1122452
>>"Yesterday's suit, old boy?"
>>
Archer sniffles violently, his white mustache bristling.

"A bit under the weather. Don't worry. Won't be here much longer."

He taps his fingers on the table rhythmically. Herman notices an odd flush in his face. Not that old Archer didn't experience any health problems, but it strukes Herman as especially unusual.

Another man enters the room. He wears a brown suit and carries a briefcase. He introduces himself.

>"I am Steven Duross, I will be your counsel in this hearing." He shakes Herman's hand.

>"Hello Mr. Kepler," He says to Herman before turning to Archer "Does he know what's going on?"
>>
>>1123173
>"I am Steven Duross, I will be your counsel in this hearing." He shakes Herman's hand.
I like your third person style of writing
>>
"Hearing? What's being heard?" Herman furrows his brow and sets his sights on Archer.

"I'll explain when the doctor arrives." Archer pulls out his cell phone and begins typing what Herman imagines must be a very detailed message.

>"So Mr. Duross, what's going on here?"

>"If you don't tell me what's going on right now I'm getting back to work."

>"Should I be calling my attorney, Archie? No offense, Steven."
>>
>>1123371
>>"Should I be calling my attorney, Archie? No offense, Steven."
This could get very bad, better not to commit any stupid legal mistakes
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.