[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ Tournament

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: 1485679739954.jpg (4MB, 2700x6000px) Image search: [Google]
1485679739954.jpg
4MB, 2700x6000px
Pick a race, first to 3 wins. The location is a massive expanse of wilderness.

He's done it. Balthaza has dominated Malheur, your once great continent is under the oppressive fist of a maniacal warlock. Every race that once dotted this vast land has either been subjugated or exterminated, you fought back, tried to lead your kin in rebellion only to face genocide. You were left alive along with others, a reminder of what rebellion rewards. But you feel the red hot chains unwrap from your arms and legs and a cooling wave of healing energy wash over you.

"Rise. Once great leaders, you have an audience with the Man-God Balthaza." Says some sort of abhorrent being with tar black skin and deep set wrinkles.

You manage to rise to your knees as the massive face of Balthaza covers the wall across from you.

"FAILED LEADERS. WOULD BE REBELS. DEFEATED FOES. I GROW BORED OF YOUR ETERNAL TORTURE AND THE PEACE IN MY LANDS. I DESIRE CONFLICT, ANARCHY, AND DEATH. SO I OFFER YOU NOW A CHOICE. PARTAKE IN A BATTLE FOR UOUR FREEDOM. I WILL GRANT YOU BACK YOUR KIN AND LET YOU LOOSE IN MY KINGDOM TO FIND AND FIGHT EACH ITHER AND THE ELEMENTS. WHEN ALL OTHER CIVILIZATIONS LIE DEAD OR CONQUERED. YOU WIN, AND YOU WILL HAVE...your freedom." He says the last two words with the smooth sweetness of honey.

The others give no hesitation in agreeing to join, you find yourself nodding yes as well. A flash of blue energy temporarily blinds you as you now find yourself in a large wooden box almosy, surrounding you are 10 of your kind.
Finally, once more you can lead the...

>Choose race

After the race is chosen I will reveal the map of your starting location.

This will function as a normal civ thread just with more combat and more emphasis on survival and wars.
>>
File: 12.png (704KB, 682x564px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
704KB, 682x564px
>>1113298
Insects. Giant Dragonflies. Full jungle predator mode. Spot and kidnap. For the Hive

>are the world's deadliest hunters: Insect is four times more likely to catch its prey than big cats
>Winged insect catches more than 95 per cent of the prey it targets, best recorded rate in the world for predators
>Dragonfly keeps its prey in sight at all times with its large eyes
>It adjusts its flight and can predict how its prey will move before catching it
>Scientists at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute in Virginia filmed the insect's flight in slow motion to reveal its effective hunting techniques
>Counts on specialized prediction and in-flight steering to catch a prey
>Near 360 vision of its surroundings at all times
>>
>>1113319
I can party with that
>>
>>1113319
THIS. Or Dryad
>>
>>1113298
homunculus
>>
You vibrate your wings rapidly and begin to gain feeling. Even though you're standing still you can still see the entire room and your swarm.

They shift from each set of feet uncomfortably as they look at you (at least you think) for guidance. You look around the room more and notice the wals slowly beginning to flake and fall apart. They evaporate into ash completely and you spot the dense forest around you, the small rush of a river in the distance. You can see you've been provided with a small pile of wood pulp and massive leaves for constructing a nest.

The Queen looks at you.

"You will lead us again? Provide me a place to lay my eggs and I will provide you the soldiers you need." She relays to you telepathically

You currently have:
5 Warriors
4 Drones
1 Queen

>What would you like to do?

Map upcoming
>>
>>1113383
2 warriors begin building nest
other 3 guard
send drones as scouts.
>>
>>1113383
Have the drones build the nest with two warriors as guards. Use the other 3 warriors to hunt for game and scout
>>
>>1113383
>birth, birth, birth
>>
File: Tournament_036.jpg (118KB, 225x399px) Image search: [Google]
Tournament_036.jpg
118KB, 225x399px
>>1113298
Tournament!
>>
>>1113383
All drones start working on the nest, guarded by 2 warriors

Remaining warriors scout the area
>>
>>1113394
this looks awesome
>>
File: IMG_20170131_130022.jpg (2MB, 2160x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170131_130022.jpg
2MB, 2160x1500px
[SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Fly (increased movement speed, no rough terrain debuff)
360 degree vision
(all stealth rolls against you made at disadvantage)
Here's your map.

You are the tiny light green block.

I will compromise. 2 warriors guard the rest scout all drones build.

Give me 2d20, first roll for building the second for scouts. Best of three.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>1113436
here it goes!
>>
Rolled 11, 12 = 23 (2d20)

>>1113436
>>
>>1113436
umm is it just 1 roll per poster?
>>
>>1113436
>>
Rolled 5, 12 = 17 (2d20)

>>1113436
God save the queen
>>
Rolled 16, 7 = 23 (2d20)

>>1113453
>>
>>1113451
Nah man we all roll 2d20's, Bo3
>>
>>1113458
aw alright just ignore my roll then.
>>
Rolled 17, 2 = 19 (2d20)

rolling
>>1113436
>>
Top roll for first is 16, I'll use that single 19 as the second roll. 1 time only cause I like you guys.

Btw: your dragon flies are the size of dogs, like German Shepherds. With enough time you can grow larger.

The Drones begin constructing the queen a small nest for which she could bear more warriors for the swarm. The pace they set will have construction finished by the end of the night.

A few of your warriors fly off into the dense foliage. After a few hours they return with strands of silk hanging from their legs.

"Sir, It appears a small group of the Arachnids have set up to the north of us, we flew into a few webs they set up but they are still weak since they have just arrived. Theyw did not notice us but we only spotted two of them.
[RACE DISCOVERED: Arachnids, sentient spiders, size of a refrigerator for reference]
They will be the red block.

>What will you do? [2 turns left]
>>
>>1113464
And if you really are a drawfag I'd love if you stuck around. Maybe if this gets enough traction we can do some cool art of our Dragon Fly swarm
>>
>>1113515
Gather rocks for aerial bombardment.
>>
>>1113515
Gather our warrior swarm and go to them try being diplomatic team up to destroy the others. If it fails kill them.
>>1113579
Yeah gather rocks first
>>
>>1113585
Drones are making a nest right now
>>
>>1113515
Ignore >>1113585

>>1113579
>>1113582
+1
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

You gather your warriors and tell them to prepare for battle by gathering rocks just incase.

They huddle around you and look to you firther instruction, one from the back speaks up.
"Sir. Aren't we leaving the queen defenseless?" He asks

You quietly ponder this fact.

>Do you leave a guard or go to the spiders for a parlay, full strength?
>>
>>1113656
Full strength the queen and drones can hold there own
>>
Cyclops here
>>
>>1113656
Full strength.
>>
>>1113656
Full strength!
>>
>>1113656
we lose the queen, we lose our production. too risky imo. I vote to leave a guard.
>>
You order the drones to stand guard over the queen and to seek you out if anything happens. They nod their heads and begin buzzong around the queen constantly shifting where they look constantly.

You gather the warriors and head north. Slowly the sun begins setting as you advance through the thick woods, had you not been blessed with wings it would have been pitch black by the time you arrived.

You see thin stringy webs of stocky silk out up as a symbol of boundaries it seems, and hear above you scuttling. You notice the spiderling following from behind after you enter, though not openly aggresive.

You eventually find a massive web constructed of many strands of spider silk intertwined into a thick rope. Other of your distantly related kin lay in the web, giant moths and even some bees wrapped tightly like presents. Some struggle faintly but most others are still, in the center of the web is the Spider-Queen Sarhash. In her powerful legs she holds a wrapped insect to her face, a disgusting symphony of muffled screams and wet slurps make your wings tuck closer to your body.

Three spiders descend behind you, smaller than anticipated. You can see all around without suspicion and you notice 5 fully grown spiders, 3 of which behind and 1 on both sides as well as 4 spiderlings who absent-mindedly tend to any tears ir rips in the webs.

The spider queen drops her prey, who thuds into the soft forest floor with a dull thud. She lifts her 8 crimson eyes to you and your group, as dark green blood and other fluids drip from her exposed fangs.

"So..the prey willingly enters the web? How intriguing, tell me now. Do you wish to be the entree or the appetizer?" She teases

"We've come to strike an alliance, foul beast!" One of your men shouts

A look from you causes him to lower himself to the ground and retreat.

"Is this true? The powerful dragon fly swarm needs the assistance of a..'foul beast' how deliciously ironic. Why would we ally ourselves with you when I could just as well ally myself with any of these fine specimens?" She near whispers as she grasps a giant wasp, he struggles and begins buzzing in a panic. She releases him back onto the web and the buzzing subsides.

>What are your terms? (Write-In)
>This was a mistake, we are leaving
>Kill them all! (Attack)
>>
>>1114073
You heard thw wizard This is a fight to the death. you may belive your superiority but we both know there are races that fight with fire and steel and we stand little chance if we give them time to grow. Together we may slaughter them before they threaten our victory and then we can settle who is predator and who is prey.
>>
>>1114073
>>This was a mistake, we are leaving
>>
>>1114090
This.
We should work together to overthrow the mammalian overlords. Then we can go back to being bitter rivals once our sovereignty is restored.
While we negotiate, most of our swarm begin to leave. But actually stay just out of sight high in the air, ready to rain rocks on this position if we do not return in a certain amount of time.
>>
>>1115174
This.
>>
>>1114073
>This was a mistake, we are leaving

Fuck spiders, and fuck spiderposters
>>
"You heard the mage. This is a competition, if we were to team up and kill these others while they're weak an unable to handle our primal power. We may have a chance and then when the dust settles, we can decide which of us is truly the prey." You say confidently

The queen pulls herself higher on the web and absently twirls a hanging corpse attached to a silk rope.

"We will consider your offer, dragon fly. Until I send a spiderling with my message, there is no truce. I suggest you leave now while you can."

You head home as the sun finally dies in the sky, the queens nest is complete, it will keep her warm and secure while she births more of the swarm.

>Any work done throughout the night? (Units used during the night will not be available for the first action of the next day due to exhaustion)
>>
>>1116053
One warrior to patrol and guard
>>
>>1116053
One Warrior to patrol and guard

And then two more in hiding.
>>
File: lord of dragons.jpg (58KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
lord of dragons.jpg
58KB, 499x499px
>>1116053
+1 for one warrior to patrol and guard

drones go to sleep, and prepare for another long day of wageslaving
>>
The night goes smoothly though with one warrior now asleep through the morning.

As the swarm begins to wake you go to check on the queen only to find her still asleep, with a brood of eggs. You count 15 and buzz happily, leaving the queen to rest with her babies.

There has been no sign of the spiders. But you do hear what seems to be deep booming to the west, though it seems far off the sound travels far in this forest.

>What will you do? (3 turns remaining)

>What do you do with the morning.
>>
>>1119891
>What will you do? (3 turns remaining)
Send a small group to investigate the commotion.

>What do you do with the morning.
Find iron and begin forging full gothic plate and katanas.
>>
>>1120478
You are aware this is a massive group of bugs right?
>>
>>1119891
>build more nests for the brood

and

>start building up a wall around our settlement
>>
>>1119891

>build nests for the brood.
>send out 1 warrior in every cardinal direction to explore.
> We hunt for food.
>>
We need to develop fire so we can burn the goddamn spiders while we have them deceived.
>Research Breath of the Dragon, fire magic
>>
>>
File: 1474383534948.png (31KB, 351x395px)
1474383534948.png
31KB, 351x395px
>>1119891
Drones build a simple wall around the nest, make the spiders pay for it

Two warriors scout the west, the others guard the nest
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.