[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monolith Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

File: Monolith.jpg (30KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Monolith.jpg
30KB, 480x270px
Shaped by little and soft moving... thing, you just recently awakened to consciousness, the small knowledge you have for now is comprised of what you managed to perceive from you're towering stature, and the prayer you receive from the people who worship you.
They are quite weak and short lived, they come and go regularly, make weird assembly around you, Sometime they are loud and moving in rhythm with a pair of them facing each other before the assembly. Other times they are silent, close to the ground, with one immobile on a pedestal, with a skin paler than the other. The Only constant is their expression when facing you.

They call you Becifor. Made of stone, you are the only constant in the landscape around you.

But, recently after eons of silence, you managed to feel a connection with one of the little creature, one who had his back on you, in the middle of the day, un-moving with a slow breathing.

>What are the first few words you utter in the mind of the sleeping creature at your feet?

Abilities:
-Dream Calling(Range:Contact)
>>
>>1113237
>The man you love betrays you.
>>
>>1113237

> I command thee to getteth the fuck up! I have several questions.
>>
>>1113237
>Child of Water, wherefore dost thou remain here, unflowing, as though one of Stone?
>>
>>1113310
This sounds reasonable.
>>
>>1113310
+1
>>
>>1113274
+2
>>
>>1113237 (OP)
>Child of Water, wherefore dost thou remain here, unflowing, as though one of Stone?
>>
>>1113310
>>Child of Water, wherefore dost thou remain here, unflowing, as though one of Stone?
>>
>>1113310
this
>>
File: olmec.jpg (56KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
olmec.jpg
56KB, 600x447px
>>1113237
This quest looks interesting, I'm in.

Let's rock fuckers
>>
>>1113310
>>1113360
>>1113417
>>1113650
>>1113718
>>1114164

"Child of Water, wherefore dost thou remain here, unflowing, as though one of Stone?"

You utter those word in the mind of the little creature, with a cavernous voice. Once, twice, thrice at which point he starts to move slightly, and speak softly, a mournful tone in its voice:

"I'm sleeping, leave me alone."

Sleeping? What is this? and why does he wan't to be alone, they always came in groups before.
and why does he have some water flowing on his face now?

Questions arise in your spirit, your curiosity aroused, you can't help but to ask further:

>You now have the reluctant attention of the "Child of Water",What are you're further inquiries?
>>
>>1114398
>"What are you?"
>>
>>1114398
>I am Becifor. What is "Sleeping"?
>>
>>1114398
"Why have you not come with others? Your kind always comes in numbers."
>>
>>1114759
seconding this
and
>>1115615
this alike
>>
>>1114759
>>1115615
>>1115672

"What is your kind?"

Your voice resonate once again in its mind.This time he open the source of the water in what seems to constitute the center of it's body.Speaking aloud this time:

"I told you to leave me alo... Hum? Nobody?"

It looked around itself, seemingly not understanding where your voice come from.

"And Why are you alone? i never seen your kind alone around me before."

Your voice says once again, this time the little one is startled, like those flying creature when they here a loud noise.

"Where are you! Stop playing jokes one me! i'm not in the mood for this!" the Little One says even louder.

"I am right here, you we're on me mere moments ago, why would i be hiding? Now answer why are you alone?"

This time the little one run away in panic, uncertain of what happened you take some time to process this first interaction, even if it cruelly lacked useful information.

The glowing Sun above you come and go a few time before the Same little one come around you. Another strange expression on its face.

"I must be insane...I'm sure i didn't drink anything funny before coming here last time, and yet i clearly heard something in my head."

It says softly while approaching your towering body.

"Is someone here?"

It ask nervously out-loud

"I am.Did you came back to answer my question?" You Reply eager to learn more.

"Ah!" It cry in shock.

"Don't go away again." you says not wanting to have to wait more.

"Ah... ah... hahaha" it start to produce weird unintelligible noise before replying

"I'm Quat of the Beci Tribe... and i was alone last time because i wanted to have some quiet space to think..."

>finally answering what you asked(in a way) you don't where to start the rest of the conversation, what do you say next?
>>
>CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING
But more seriously
>So where is everyone?
>>
>>1115859
>you have death about you.

>it is unsettling.
>>
>>1115871

"Where are the other then?" You ask.

"Other? you mean the rest of the Tribe?"

It point in the direction of an hill.

"The village is on the other side of the hill.It take a bit of time to get there from here, that's why we aren't coming often." It add before moving it's upper body in a wave like motion.

"Anyway, where are you?i can't seem to see you, yet i hear you clearly." It asks.

Abilities:
-Mental Contact(Range: Awareness)

>What do you reply to "Quat"?
>>
>>1116475
>I'm me of course. I am what sees and hears and feels of course. I am the I to the world, in which you are only it.
>>
>>1116475
>I am unlike thee, Child of Water. No Ocean deep awaits to accept me to which I may return, nor may I meander and flow as thou dost. I am born of Stone; ever have I been, and evermore shall I remain here withal.

>mfw Becifor's personal voice changes entirely
>>
>>1116475
you were resting against me until but a moment ago
>>
>>1116497
((Voice change? i thought i kept the tone consistent...))
>>
>>1116552
Between the first and second updates, Becifor dropped the Old/Middle English forms and became somewhat less long-winded. Which is understandable from a convenience standpoint - it's certainly easier to write - but it was somewhat jarring when the 'thou's become 'you's.

It would probably be a decent idea to select one speech pattern you're comfortable with using to stick with and rewrite votes to fit it, where necessary.
>>
>>1116591
((Oh that! first time was a copy/paste, i'll stick to a more familiar tone from now on))
>>
>>1116497

"Me? I am born of Stone, ever have I been, and evermore shall i remain here for eons to came. Unlike you Child of Water, nowhere am I awaited to return, nor may I ever move and flow as you do." Your deep voice resonate to it.

It's eyes widen as his gaze finally fixes itself on your stoic mass.

"You are the Great Becifor?" it asks in shock.

"I've heard your kind call me Becifor on multiple occasion, even if I ignore its meaning." You reply, in a rather toned down voice.

The rather odd conversation carry on for long, Quat come visit you nearly at every sunset , seemingly happy to be able to converse with you, it answer all the mundane question you have about your environment, the Tribes, and sometime Quat himself.

Two cold season passed in a flash to you, and you've grown to understand the world around you, and the people that worship you, they are simple but faithful, and come regularly to celebrate, or mourn around you, always treating you, something of a different nature to them, with utmost respect.
You never made contact with anybody than Quat, connection appeared between you and the tribes-member , but never as deep as Quat.
Over time those connection give rise to increasingly interesting phenomenon. You can now see through the eye, hear through the hear, and feel anything from the sense of the tribes-member at a distance, you can now also talk to Quat over long distance, even when he is in the village. And finally you can sense everything touching the ground possessed by the tribes, every footstep or raindrop, you feel them as if they touched your rocky body.

Abilities:
-Prophet Calling(Range:Limitless)
-Follower Sense Sharing(Range:Limitless)-Touch of the Earth(Range:Sacred Ground)

It is at this time, that from deep bellow the surface, you start to feel a presence gnawing at the earth, making its way above, weirdly enough, for now apparent reason, you perceive it as a threat.At the rate of progression it currently has, it'll touch the surface in a couple of sunrises.

>What is your course of "action"?
>>
>>1117091
Make sure that quat and the villagers are aware of this
>>
>>1117091
warn quat
>>
>>1117091
Yeah time to warn the prophet and inform him what we feel. Where it could come from and so on.
>>
>>1117116
>>1117122
>>1117451

"Quat, Danger loom under the tribe, you need to prepare for the worst i don't what is coming, but it doesn't seem benevolent." You call Quat in the middle of the night, moment after asserting the danger of the being coming.

Later that night Quat come to you, visibly startled by the your previous message.

"Becifor? What were you talking about before?" He ask, worry in his voice as it is the first time you talk about danger.

You reply with a calm tone, unhurried but still resounding with the gravity of the situation

"A Being from the Deep is coming onto the village, its eat what's in its way, and i'm worried that the village is in its pass, you need to warn them"

"Hold on, I don't question what you sensed, you can see far more than we can, but nobody in the tribes is aware that you talk to me, nobody is going to believe me and prepare themselves.They might even think I'm insane or drunk." He says disbelief in his voice.

>Stuck at a dilemma, what strategy do you employ to convince the rest of the tribes.
>>
>>1117581
Duuuuuh shit. Ummm. This is one helluva pickle.
>>
>>1117595
How about we just tell him to act as if something bad is going to happen, his instincts tingling so to speak. Make preperations in secret, locate a trail to flee and on the mark of this things arrival save everyone he can
>>
Have him put his ear to the ground and be like "you hear that?" Or something idk
>>
>>1117581
Well if we can only talk through the prophet. Yet can see what everyone sees. We Just have him block sight and make him point shit out that only others would know.

Say who's do what and so on. Have people talk about stuff far away and let him say it or find hidden items.
>>
>>1117613
This could work if we don't have the time to make people believe. Tho if we can get the town in on this we can really prep for what is to come.

Well the people can. All we know is movement and can really info to our main speaker.
>>
Query
>>
Whoops.

Query: Can we physically or mentally improve our prophet by sharing its senses?
>>
>>1117734

((For now you can only give him information he wouldn't have acess to otherwise, but you never tried to affect him in significant way before, who knows what would happen?(me obviously) more seriously tho, you can try anything, and i'll tell you how it plays out, the less overpowered what you try to do is, the more likely i'll accept it))
>>
>>1119427
This seems fairly based on Dominions and Quat is our prophet, right? If they question him, just get him to smite a motherfucker. That'll make the peasants sit up straight!

Or y'know, failing that, tell him something only someone with divine assistance could know.
>>
>>1119877
((Dominions? no clue about what it is. anyway seems their is a consensus on convincing the tribes with "Premonition"))
>>
>>1119983
Dominions 4, a turn-based grand strategy game made by like two guys. You play a god and must command your avatar and the nation you lead to defeat the other gods and become the God of Gods - the Patokrator. One of the avatars you can pick, is the immobile, but powerful with earth magic Monolith.
>>
>>1121046
((Ah ok, searched it up, never knew about it. pure Coincidence, and it might diverge a lot after a while anyway))
>>
>>1117613
>>1117646

"Hum? Well, I'll help you with that."
You say before giving him a few information regarding key members of the tribes that he could use to prove that he got "Vision" giving information he shouldn't know, then he can says he also got a vision regarding a danger coming.

Quite shocked about some information you gave him as many of them were indeed closely kept secrets, he leave later that night. Later in the morning he'll start to warn the tribe.

In the following days, the village start to mage preparation, most of the tribes-member don't understand exactly why they have to , as only the leaders of the tribes were told the truth as they were the one on which you gave Quat information.

At the Dawn of the third day, the earth start to rumble bellow you, the shape of what's coming become more clear, a huge and long scaly beast seething toward the sun, his path bordering the village.

It is a this time that prayer start to rush in your mind, filled with fear as they realize that the barricade they built indeed served a purpose. As the creature surface near the village, it's appearance is made clear: a huge thorny snake, silver in color and an eye missing from it's right socket.

Seeing the village with it's remaining eye, the beast start to crawl toward it, you sense it's hunger.

Prayer keep rushing to you as you observe the scene through the eyes of Quat.

Feeling the danger of the situation for your tribes, a rush of power seems to explode from the depth of your body.

>In Which direction to you stir it?
>A:Toward the Beast
>B:Toward the Tribes-Member
>C:Toward the Village
>D:Toward Quat
>E:Toward Your Body

>And in Which Manner?
>1:In a Controlled and Gentle Way?
>2:In a Violent and Agressive Way?
>>
>>1121568
>1:In a Controlled and Gentle Way?

You know what would be cool? If we could tame that thing and have it defend the village.

If this doesn't get any votes, then this:

>2:In a Violent and Agressive Way?
>>
>>1121568
>>D:Toward Quat
>2:In a Violent and Agressive Way

Quat shall become our avatar in battle. The strength of stone shall be his.
>>
>>1121568

Why not go with
>D: Toward Quat

>2: In a Violent and Aggressive Way
>>
>>1121657

Oh shit, you too?
Noice.
>>
>>1121568
>>B:Toward the Tribes-Member

>1
The people are a shield that will never yield. Much like the stone of our form.
>>
>>1121568
>2:In a Violent and Agressive Way
>>
>>1121946
A stone does not flow and avoid when it hits something, it strikes. Hard.
>>
>>1121568
>A: Towards the Beast
Anything else just doesn't seem too useful at the moment.
>1: In a Controlled and Gentle Way?
Give it the calm we have ourselves. Convince it to leave or set it up as a protector for the village.
>>
>>1122657
I agree with this.
>>
So is Op still here?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.