[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mischief Managed: A Marauders Era Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: spfe3gZ[1].jpg (283KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
spfe3gZ[1].jpg
283KB, 2560x1440px
Welcome to Mischief Managed: A Marauders Era Quest. This quest takes place in the Harry Potter universe in the year 1971 and follows our PC’s years through Hogwarts, Tom Riddle’s rise to power, and the First Wizarding War. Book canon will be followed for most things. Every other year will be skipped, for times sake, but only while you’re in Hogwarts. Rolls are best of 3 using a d100.
>>
File: 2000[1].png (4MB, 2000x1786px) Image search: [Google]
2000[1].png
4MB, 2000x1786px
>>1111428
You wrinkle your nose at the thought of working in the greenhouse. “Go on without me. I’d rather stay clean today.” you tell Rowan. He sighs, mumbling “Wimp” as he slings his pack over his shoulder. “See ya at dinner” he says as he walks out the door, disappearing from view. You follow suit, walking in the opposite direction. The castle is feels empty as you walk through it, giving you an odd feeling.You decide to make good use of your day off and begin walking towards the library to study for your upcoming exams.. You arrive without any disturbance. As you enter, Madam Pince looks up from her desk, giving you a stern look before she recognizes your face. She gives you a small smile then goes back to her work. Ever since the day Remus got sick while you both were in the library, she's treated you ever so slightly better than most students. Though she’d still probably kill you if you hurt one of her precious books.

Not wanting to waste time, you walk to the Transfiguration Section. You’re not terrible at it, but Merlin knows you could learn several things. You find a large tome that seems to cover most of the basics and pull it from the shelf. You sit on the ground, opening the book up as you do so. You sit like that for a while, trying your hardest to review the things you’ve been having trouble with. During your readings, you begin to grasp the fact that Transfiguration is a tricky magic that relies a lot on intent and visualization. If you believe you can change the object, that helps aid in actually changing said object. Though actual spellwork and magical ability are still the most important. Letting out a sigh and rubbing your eyes, you stand up to go find a more comfortable area to sit at than the floor. You take a couple steps when your hear on the other side of the bookshelf two hushed voices talking.

“James, James I fuckin’ found it! Read this line.” you hear the voice of Sirius Black voice hiss out. You stand still, slightly curious as to what the Gryffindor’s are up to. You hear James mumble out the line Sirus is talking about, but you're too far away to hear what he says. James lets out an excited yelp and you jump a little. Madam Pince probably heard that too. Won’t be long until she comes over to reprimand the boys. But it doesn't seem like they’re going to stick around, as you hear them shove a book back into the shelf quickly and run off, their footsteps louder than usual in the empty library.

Gryffindors are weird.

>A. Proceed with studying
>B. Try to follow James and Sirius
>C. Study a different subject(specify)
>D. Other.
>>
>>1111432
>>A. Proceed with studying
>>
>>1111432
>>
>>1111432
>D. Try not to be obvious about it
Felt that, knowing us, that last part was needed.

Glad to have ya' back Naust.
>>
>>1111432
>>A. Proceed with studying
>>
>>1111439
Supporting, wez is a snake. Speakinf of which, when will it be possible to see through our sneks eyes? That'll be handy
>>
>>1111443
Shit we forgot about Falcor again.
>>
>>1111452
Falcor a best
>>
>>1111432
>D. Don't be obvious
>>
>>1111432
>>
Gotta be the head of class, no matter the difficulty.
Who cares about transformation magic and werewolves?
>>
>>1111432
>D. Don't be obvious
Although they have probably figured out how to get their map work and as soon as they try it they will see us snooping around.

>>1111684
Why?

>>1111443
Is seeing through the eyes of your familiar even a thing in HP?
>>
>>1111685
I hope it is
>>
>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=naust

I just want to put this here and recommend linking to this, or another archive site whenever you make a new thread. It helps encourage new /qst/ers to join if they have a place to start.
>>
>>1111432
>D. Try to see what the book they were reading was about

In alternative,
>D. Try not to be obvious about it
>>
>>1113325
Actually this is a good point, adding this to my vote.

>>1112712
Also, nice of you to think of the newbs. 10 points to Gryffindor.
>>
Can i get a non-expired Discord link?
>>
With your curiosity getting the better of you, you hastily shove the book you were reading back into its spot on the shelf. Jogging to the aisle the Gryffindors were in, you see them both already outside the library. Not wanting to lose them, you take off after them. They don't seem to even notice you, too preoccupied with whatever life or death task they’re on. They seem to know the castle like they’ve lived here their entire lives. You giver some distance while following them, still nervous they’ll spot you. You aren’t sure how’d they react and you’d rather not find at out. You stop at the end of a hall, noticing that Sirius and James have both stopped at the other end. Peering around the corner, you watch them study a statue of old one eyed witch.

You see Sirius give James a grin as he takes out his wand and after checking to make sure no one is coming down the halls near them, taps the back of the witch statue and says “Dissendium”. A loud crack comes from the statue and both James and Sirius hope up to see inside. “I told you!” you hear Sirius announce smugly. James huffs out and admits his defeat. Without warning, James suddenly jumps into the newly formed hole, disappearing from view. Sirius doesn't miss a beat and follows James without a word. You don’t think it's the smartest thing in the world to jump into passages that you have no idea what's on the other side, but then again, you aren't a Gryffindor.

Your curiosity nags at you to follow suit, while your more studious side urges you back to the library for another study session. Or you could do neither.

>A. Follow James and Sirius down the hole
>B. Repair the the statue and leave
>C. Go back to the Library
>D. Other
>>
>>1120634
>>A. Follow James and Sirius down the hole
>>
>>1120634
>>
>>1120634

Try to track down the book the were using for reference
>>
>>1120634
>>
>>1120634
>A. Follow James and Sirius down the hole
Sense of adventure calling
>>
>>1120641
>>1120642
>>1120648
>>1120655
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>1120634
>>1120647
I'm with this one
>>Go back to the libary
Try and find what book they were reading or just be a good nerd and study like we said we were going to do.
>>
I would like to... dunno, not die.
We can still try to find their book.
>>
A wins, writing
>>
Your curiosity quickly overrides your need to study and you sprint down the hall to the statue. Hastily you scale the statue and peer into the hole in its back. It's pitch black but at least the holes big enough for you to lower yourself in. You dangle for a second then let go. Instead of landing on the ground, you feel yourself sliding down. You let out an unexpected yelp and you think you hear James and Sirius react. The slide lasts for a couple seconds and when you reach it's end, you slam into the Gryffindor boys. As you separate yourself from the heap with a groan, Sirius is the first to react. “Who the fuc-” he begins to say, until his wand light touches your face. He furrows his brow at you, looking slightly annoyed but not very angry. Good thing you've played nice with Sirius; otherwise he might have been a lot more annoyed. James suddenly claps you on the back, a wide grin plastered on his face.

“Well well!” James exclaims, “Looks like a little snake got curious and slithered down to join us!” He says, clapping you on the back in his usual Gryffindor manner. You give him an annoyed look, though secretly glad he's eased the situation a little. You explain about over hearing them in the library and that you were too curious to keep studying. Sirius, who's annoyed look has been replaced with a rather smug one, tells you about how he bumped into the statue the other day while running away from Ms.Norris. It sounded hollow, something a statue usually doesn't sound like and Sirius knew it must be a secret passage. James didn't believe him and the rest is history. “What about the spell you used? How did you know to use it?” You ask them. It's James’ turn to be smug as he explains, “Just a simple opening charm.” You nod your head, surprised they didn't just use brute force, like most Gryffindors would.

You peer down the dark tunnel, trying to see an end. “Where it lead to?” You ask, looking back at the boys. They both shrug, then James says “You can join us if you'd like.” Then after being elbowed in the side by Sirius he adds, “But you've got to take an oath if you plan to break anymore rules with us. So we know we can trust you.” James says very seriously.

You raise an eyebrow at them, not sure what you want to do.

>A. Take the oath and continue
>B. Don't take the oath and leave
>C. Other
>>
>>1120819
What kind of oath? And only if Sirius lays off Sev a bit.
>>
>>1120819
>>C. Other
"What oath?"
>>
>>1120819
>A. Take the oath and continue
Ask questions first, like >>1120828 but we'll do it in the end
>>
>>1120819
>>A. Take the oath and continue
>>
>>1120828
This.
>>
>>1120834
If its too binding forget about it.
>>1120828 >>1120831 saftey comes first
>>
>>1120828
We're going to have to talk Sev into making the same though
>>
>>1120819
>C. Other

"Well I wouldn't be a very good little snake if I didn't ask what the oath was, let's hear it."

But I am not expecting anything too unreasonable so preliminary

>A
>>
If the oath is going to get us in the Marauders, what should we do with Row and Sev?
Treat them as we always did and keep the two groups separate, or rather try and get them in the Marauders as well? Or something else entirely?
>>
>>1120819
>>1120862
Sounds nice. Let's take this.
>>
>>1120883

Depends on Row and Sev really, if they want in I think it would be good to help facilitate it but if not we are a good liason
>>
You may have followed them into the hole blindly, but you don’t plan to take an oath without knowing what it is. “What's the oath?” you inquire, looking at them pointedly. “Oh nothing serious Cyril, don't worry.” James quickly reassures you. “It isn't an Unbreakable Vow, even we aren't that reckless.” Sirius huffs. “Could’ve fooled me.” You say with a slight sneer and Sirius replies with a rude hand gesture. You agree to take the oath; it's not as if it's magically binding, so if it's too crazy you don't actually have to follow it. James tells you to take out your wand and hold it up. After you’ve done so, he tells you the oath and you repeat back to him. “I, Cyril Selwyn, solemnly swear that I am up to no good and pledge to cause mischief during my time at Hogwarts.” you repeat back, feeling slightly foolish. You should have guessed it was nothing more than some silly line about being a prankster. Sirius and James bow, acting like they’ve been taught to by their parents.

“Truly, it is a pleasure to have a snake breaking the rules for once.” Sirius says poshly, his nose pointed upwards. “I do agree, Lord Black.” James replies back, using the same stuck-up voice Sirius is using. You shake your head at the and push them both down the tunnel. They snicker as they begin walking. The tunnel is cramp and slightly damp, but it's bearable. You all chat, wondering aloud what's at the end of the tunnel. “It's probably leads outside of the castle.” James guesses. You’ve been walking for a while now, so it's a good guess. “Maybe we’ll pop out in the Forest!” Sirius says excitedly. You have a feeling that if you did end up coming out of the tunnel in the forest, it probably wouldn't be Sirius’ first time being there. After walking for what feels like forever, the tunnel comes to an abrupt end.

You’re only confused for a moment when you hear noise from above. Its sounds like footsteps and people talking. You can’t understand what they’re saying and soon the noise dies down. Whoever was above is gone for the time being. Sirius motions to the square rock above you, making a pushing movement. You get the hint and you all reach up and push. The rock moves with ease, surprisingly not making a sound as you lift it up, peering out. From what little you can see, it looks like a storage room of some sorts. You all look at one another, each of you trying to see find out what the other wants to do now.

“We should go in and check it out.” Sirius suggests. James nods and gives an odd reply back, “Shouldn’t be too hard. We should have plenty of room with three of us.” They both look at you, waiting to see what you have to say.

>A. Agree and sneak in
>B. Disagree and go back
>C. Other
>>
>>1121937
>>A. Agree and sneak in
>>
>>1121937
>>A. Agree and sneak in
>>
>>1121937
>A. Agree and sneak in
we've come this far
>>
>>1121937
>Agree and sneak in
But we go first.

We're better bullshitters than these two.
>>
>>1121937
>A. Agree and sneak in
>>
>>1121937
>A. Agree and sneak in
>>
>>1121937
>A. Agree and sneak in
If this is the tunnel to the shrieking shack, do you know what that means?
Fricking Early Access to Hogsmeade and the candy shop in special.
>>
>>1122684
I think this is honeydukes
>>
>>1122684

This one goes directly to the candy shop, the tunnel under the Whomping Willow goes to the Shreiking Shack
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.