[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rift World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

File: Glowing.jpg (214KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Glowing.jpg
214KB, 800x600px
>Lost to the world, those that refused to yield to the darkness...

You awaken in a haze, feeling altogether out of place in your own body. Maybe this is a dream, only some few faint lights scattered around separating you from utter dark. A closer inspection, once the blur of your vision fades, reveals the dim lights to be portions of plants or trees. An extensive forest, you think. The closest light though, is a glowing flower resting in your hand. Such a small thing, but with a light of confidence and an ever so soft chiming with any significant movement, you swear.
>>
File: Forest.jpg (41KB, 800x798px) Image search: [Google]
Forest.jpg
41KB, 800x798px
Welcome to Rift World Quest. The point of the game is to explore this strange land and find a way out if you can, though it is intended to be a multiplayer quest. There is a "main" character at any given time for which anonymous players can collectively play as and control.

However, if anyone should like, they can make their own character with a provided simple template, and play as and control their character. However many characters there are, will function and work as a group towards their goals, so cooperative play is the goal.

To anyone interested, the basic information and rules including a character sheet will be provided, if you want to make a character yourself and participate. If you would rather not, that's fine too, and you can collectively with all other anonymous players, continue to direct and control the main character.

>The document with all the basic info needed to play;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f_O5KNTPUwrbsuUF_v9KIeE7nnImnXxQZmFrsX7Wi5E/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: Wood.png (985KB, 1000x641px) Image search: [Google]
Wood.png
985KB, 1000x641px
>Since last time

Seven years has passed for newcomers to this strange world, having come to dwell in some lakeside ruins of a strange and utterly dark forest. For any players whom were in the previous thread, feel free to specify what your character has done in these years since then.

New players otherwise, may discover the ruins settlement and join play, or simply continue as a "main" character for the collective playerbase to control.

---

Over the last seven years Will, the "main" character, has come to adjust to life in the dark forest and gained some hunting skills. No closer is he however, to understanding the nature of this strange land.

>Previous thread;

>>1046328
>>
>>1108095
I would've been starting up that garden and getting that faith going for them healing miracles
>>
>>1108134
Well in seven years if that's all you focused on, then then you can have set up and maintained quite an extensive garden, and greatly improved faith for yourself and the settlement.

Go ahead if you get the chance, to link or post an updated character sheet.
>>
>>1108134
Eyyyyyy
Let me rephrase that

The garden AND getting more social with everyone, maybe have a kid with Will
>>
>>1108309
A straightforward enough effort. Given your efforts of improvement to the settlement and the faith, it's logical that you'd end up friendly and supportive of everyone overtime.
>>
>>1108147
i would guess not much has changed other than her
Odette Gabrielle Antaures or O.G. Ann
Physical - 1/5 , Agile → 1/5 , Endurance
Mental – 4/5 , Intelligent → 4/5 , Will
Spiritual - 5/5 , Hopeful → 5/5 , Purity

Skills;

Athletics - 1/5 , Stamina
Knowledge - 7/7 ,Intelligence, Gardening, INTENSE Praying
Social - 4/5 , Bartering,

this ok?
>>
>>1108398
Yes that looks more or less in order. Any other details you think are important, at least to the character, like long term injuries, personal relationships, things like that, just keep track of yourself.
>>
>>1108415
so wut we doin now?
>>
>>1108095
I am live once more.
If I had to say what I've focused on it'd be crafting and getting to know Aithne(and love)
>>
>>1108877
If you've focused on crafting for seven years you'd have gotten probably very good at it. You can go ahead and add 5 to a relevant skill for crafting, and improve either your physical or mental stat whichever you think would fit better. As well, with all this crafting, any idea what you'd have devoted your efforts to? You could either create a mass amount of smaller goods, or one large project.

For social improvements, you can get to know Aithne well and become close friends, even love perhaps but it never seems to become a proper relationship. A meaningful bond for sure, but one without a promise of family.
>>
>>1108902
It just hit me
Im 31 and a virgin holy shit
I didn't realize how bad it was until now

Do we have any rope?
>>
>>1108935
I don't know, did anyone bother to make rope? As for relationship status, well Ann had seven years if she so wished.
>>
>>1108939
I didn't name my three heal miracles
They have to be related to nature right?
>>
>>1108935
>Rope
We have vines
>>1108902
I'd like to start trying to make torches.
I also want to get a mine started ASAP.

>tfw 26 years old

>Doesn't want a family.
I will settle for a one night stand.
I need to make that happen.
>>
>>1108967
Well they can be whatever you want, though logically if you're drawing from the nature goddess then it's sensible that the miracles would refer to that some way or other.
>>
>>1108902
Also I kind of want to take the mental stat.
I know I'm literally one injury away from death but I don't plan to leave anyways.
>>
>>1108974
Hm
Healing beam: Sunray
Self heal: Summer Breeze
Intense one person heal: sunlight

And that's it, now i can actually do something on the expeditions, did we get any new npc arrivals?
>>
>>1108996
>Intense one person heal.
I could do with some of that.
I think I'm still injured.
>>
>>1108993
Don't fret about the injuries, enough time has passed that either they would have healed on their own, you would have found a way, or you just got help from someone else like Ann.

>>1108996
Yes that's fine.

There were occasional arrivals to the settlement, but often they died within a few months to a year. Currently the only other long term inhabitants are Will and a woman named Lera, though for short term inhabitants you've got a guy and a girl, Ren and Pala.

What sort of expeditions did you have in mind?
>>
>>1109009
Are we certain we're the only settlement here?
Also am i cool with everyone? Do they know im here for them if they need help?
>>
>>1109009
Also how old is Ren?
>>
>>1109009
How old is Pala?
Also I'd like to start organizing an effort to start digging and mining.
>>
>>1109036
Given your overall helpfulness and friendliness, as well as your older age, you're on good terms with everyone unless specifically stated otherwise. Definitely you're sought for help, when it's needed, as well as sort of acting the resident priestess to Meryne.

As for beyond here, it seems possible but quite rare. You ocassionally get a newcomer who is from someplace else in this land rather than far away, or a visitor from some other place in this land, but as far as you can tell it's a rare thing. Or at least, that the world is dangerous enough that travel is difficult if possible at all.

>>1109044
>>1109059
Ren is 23 and Pala is 21.

An effort to start digging is possible, however you'd need a good location. As far as you've explored and seen in the forest, the terrain isn't suitable for mining. At least, for the usual materials you'd expect from mining. You can still dig for other things or reasons though if you want.
>>
>>1109068
Oh yeah I gave aithne a piece of architecture with writing on it.
Did she finish decoding it?

And if mining is unfeasible I'll start constructing a place to store fruit.
We need an ability to keep stocks of food.

Maybe in the future I can spend time with Pala.
>>
>>1109068
Excellent, if any newcomers show up we should ask them where's their settlement because we can always use some new friends

Also i was thinking about doing an expedition to find another settlement

And I'm going to start getting really friendly with Ren, i need to get laid AND a kid
>>
>>1109080
She did finish decoding it but this was years ago. According to her it signified some sort of market within what the ruins used to be.

You can definitely start to work towards food storage, which in turn could result in appropriate advancements.

And sure, you can get along with Pala when you have the time. And overtime that could become close, if that was wanted.

>>1109095
You've asked before about other settlements, but because of the nature of this land, their accounts aren't that useful. They speak of places they themselves will probably never see again, since getting lost around here can mean disappearing forever.

Knowing this you could still try and seek another settlement, though you have to remember that your ability to travel is limited by light sources, lest you become lost to the darkness. And note that conventional light sources like fire don't seem to work in the long run of keeping the darkness at bay, some sort of supernatural effect. Because of this you've always been limited in travel, mainly by how many Gleaming Blossoms everyone can have.

For Ren though you can let a relationship occur overtime maybe, or if you want to try to crash course it you can roll for your social skill.
>>
Rolled 4 + 5 (1d5 + 5)

>>1109114
Sure become close over time.
And I'll roll mental + architecture to make it.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d4)

>>1109114
Risking it with Ren

If we have enough blossoms i say we go out and explore
>>
>>1109124
You'd want to roll a stat you think is relevant to what you're trying to do, and then add the skill. Not roll the skill, they're a flat bonus to stat rolls.

>>1109119
That's quite good, it will take time to make progress on the construction, but by practice it may lead to an advancement as well.

---

So I will probably pause things for now since making the thread at this time was mainly a role call for any past or potential new players, before really getting underway. Things will resume later today, starting with an exploring foray here >>1109124 unless players come to wish otherwise.

Glad to see we got Aren and Ann back though, and look forward to continuing things later.
>>
Rolled 2 + 5 (1d4 + 5)

>>1109142
Oh, ok
Mental+social
That roll good?
>>
>>1109162
Yes that's fine, and it's a decent roll. It's up to you how forward and fast you try to act towards Ren, but he's definitely receptive.
>>
>>1109178
Make sure he knows that we're after but let it progress at a steady pace, no need to force/rush it
>>
>>1109191
Start up with sum subtle flirting then move onto spending more time with him when possible and be nicer to him overall
>>
Ok so, ready to resume, just checking for player availability.
>>
>>1110798
Ey
>>
>>1111931
Well in the meantime for another player(s), yes your efforts towards Ren go fairly well. It's only been about a month since a closer relationship has been touched upon, but no roadblocks are encountered. In time it could well become a serious relationship without much worry.
>>
>>1111953
Noice
I still want to go do that expedition tho
>>
>>1112044
That's fine, where would you be wanting to go and would you be departing on your own? Just a reminder that despite the years of dwelling here, those still alive haven't explored too much farther than the ruins. It seems safest that way, at the cost of dwelling here for so long.
>>
>>1112080
I dunno, take Will and Aren if he's down

And we should make the expedition reasonably far so we cover more terrain
>>
>>1112080
Can I go?
Will it interrupt my construction?
>>
>>1112335
>>1112123
No not significantly, engaging in action will never greatly hinder you. So without any anon players that's at least Aren and Ann but that's fine.

Anything in particular you guys are looking for then?
>>
>>1112343
I just want to bring my crude axe.
A torch that would preferably be lit.
And I want to cut a tree.
>>
>>1112343
People and signs of another settlement

And I'll bring nothing but muh faith with me
>>
File: T1.png (4KB, 300x247px) Image search: [Google]
T1.png
4KB, 300x247px
>>1112361
>>1112378
Very well, over the next month you venture out together in exploratory forays. The easiest thing you figure at first, is to explore farther around the ruins than you've ventured before, encountering some points of interest like a small waterfall, an overgrown cave, and one very large tree having pressed outward through some old stone building.

You may also have come across any items of value, feel free to roll a stat of your choosing, and adding a skill if you like.
>>
Rolled 2 + 5 (1d5 + 5)

>>1112390
>Old stone building
Exploration/architecture studying time.
>>
Rolled 4 + 7 (1d4 + 7)

>>1112390
Intelligence+knowledge for the loot?
>>
File: rusted.jpg (25KB, 428x366px) Image search: [Google]
rusted.jpg
25KB, 428x366px
>>1112396
It's quite difficult to tell because the tree has mostly grown through the building entirely, but from what you can find, it seems to have been some sort of small hunting lodge. A little eerie, in that suspended in the branches of the great tree, sometimes grown into the wood, are the skulls of many strange animals.

You could try to make some use of the place, but it would be hard for as much time has passed.

>>1112410
Yes indeed, in the waters at the bottom of the waterfall, you discover some sort of gleaming object in the rushing waters. A fair amount of difficulty getting it out, but you discover a little trinket. Possibly thrown away or simply dropped, it's terribly worn but still somewhat intact.

Rusty Medallion

A small token of some forgotten meaning, faded with time but still distinctive.

---

As well the both of you can gather various mundane goods like basic wood, mundane plants, and even a special one or two, if you care to.
>>
>>1112441
Sure grab nice plants.
How's the food storage coming along?
Also gotta remember that cave.
Might be ore and things in there.
>>
>>1112441
Im going to take the medallion to strange lady and see if she knows anything about it
>>
File: L1.png (15KB, 325x449px)
L1.png
15KB, 325x449px
>>1112451
You collect any plants that catch your eye. The most interesting is another metal flower, a Copper Daisy.

The food storage depends on how significant you wished to make it, how large/well-made.

>>1112475
You can take it to Aithne sure, see what she knows.

On the way back together aiming for the settlement, you find the lake as a good way of following it home. Along the way though, you come to discover a fearsome looking creature of sharp teeth and claws. Some sort of large and long but low quadruped, it has a faintly glowing underside and lower legs, with some mossy and plantlike growing along its back, from which several Gleaming Blossoms are clearly visible.

It doesn't seem to notice you, and simply prowls along the lakeside in the shallow waters, occasionally snatching at things in the water with it's fearsome maw. Your choice on how you proceed in relation to it.
>>
>>1112493
Any chance hes a good scary doggo?
Throw a stick at it and hide, to see how it reacts
>>
>>1112493
I'd like to employ the age old move called a "Tactical Retreat".
>>
>>1113071
>>1112515
So it appears Aren is leaving rather than involving with the creature. Does Ann care to change her action, or remain?
>>
>>1113496
Nope, i would prefer not to get mauled to death alone
>>
File: R1.png (5KB, 245x226px) Image search: [Google]
R1.png
5KB, 245x226px
>>1113500
Very well, you leave together, though like the cave found, make note of the creature.

By the time you reach the settlement again, a month has passed. Back home, feel free to act and take actions as you wish, and prepare for is to come.
>>
>>1113502
Im going to keep buttering up Rem to hopefully get a kid

And if any people from other settlements show up ask them if they have any landmarks near their place
>>
File: R2.png (6KB, 245x269px) Image search: [Google]
R2.png
6KB, 245x269px
>>1113514
You can devote yourself to social pursuits sure, do you want to let it progress naturally though or try to push things and roll?

In the month you were away, no word from other settlements though a newcomer does arrive from the forest, another young lady. She herself is just another lost arrival. You do keep note though, to ask for any signs or landmarks of other settlements, should others arrive from them.
>>
>>1113569
Nah, let it progress naturally
I don't want to fuk up and screw my chances of getting a kid
>>
>>1113569
And ask the new girl what's up, where she comes from and that she can rely on me for help
>>
>>1113591
Sure enough, Ren is happy to see you when you return, and your relationship progresses. Already you know one another pretty well, and there's definite feelings.

>>1113595
You speak with the newcomer, Jule. Like you, she only just arrived in this place rather than having been her for some time and traveling around. She speaks of her home in faraway lands, and is quite distressed at being here, though is greatly helped by your support and welcome.
>>
>>1113606
How does our settlement look? Do we have houses and stuff?
>>
>>1113645
Still ruins pretty much. The garden looks great, and maybe to go with it you could have made yourself a little shack if you like. Otherwise the only real improvements to the settlement itself is the food storage building, which nears completion.

Not that it's a huge deal though, it doesn't get too cold or hot here in the forest, so apart from when it rains it's not all that uncomfortable to just sleep and live outside.
>>
>>1113661
But that shit is dangerous, something could sneak into the camp and kill someone
Does anyone here have any skills needed to build a Communal shack?
>>
>>1113687
It certainly is dangerous, and at least a couple people have died from creatures attacking the settlement. However, even a properly made study house (wood, at least) would have a hard time keeping out some of the local threats. A wall would actually be better in this case, if it was sturdy and tall.

As for the skills, just a simple shack anyone can build. Something like a house would take a proper skill though, but people can help and contribute towards the effort.
>>
>>1113769
Let's start making a wall then, don't want to lose more people

And when that's done a Communal shack for everyone to sleep in
>>
>>1113785
Depending on the type of wall and how good it is, will determine how effective it is. This will be limited to anyone who has a relevant skill set as well.

A communal shack though, a simple one at least, would take time as well to make but isn't too complicated for anyone to make. Depending on the location within the settlement it can be pretty simple too.
>>
>>1114243
A wooden wall would be ok, it doesn't need to be sturdy enough to support attacks im thinking it would work as an alarm for example if a monster tries to get in it would bang against it before breaking it down that would alert everyone and give them enough time to get ready

The shack can be next to the garden or inside it
>>
>>1114286
Well then you might be better suited to just make a fence. Simple to make, wouldn't take too long, or much resources.

The communal shack though, you can upgrade the garden shack if you like to be able to house more people.

For either one if you want you can devote a month to it, just roll a relevant stat and add a relevant skill, if you have them. The other inhabitants can help of course.
>>
>>1113502
Did the food storage finish?
>>
Rolled 4 + 7 (1d4 + 7)

>>1114319
Intelligence+knowledge for the upgraded shack and fence
>>
>>1114356
In it's basic form yes, you managed to construct a food storage out of one of the old ruins, basically a place to keep food you gather. More advanced things like drying or cooking, other preparation isn't accounted for though.

With this though, you come to a proper understanding of pottery, for storage purposes. With this understanding, you can improve the structure to a full Storehouse if you wish, which will allow for the other methods described above.

>>1114360
That's a good enough skill at least to get an idea of the things you want to make, though of course more advanced structures will require a specific skill such as architecture or construction, etc...

Though of the two, make a choice which one you want to devote effort to. You can do one in one month.
>>
>>1114377
The upgraded shack first then the fence/wall
>>
Rolled 1 + 6 (1d5 + 6)

>>1114377
Before I do a month turn let me make a crude hammer.
Using some rocks and vines and wood.

I can either do a full storehouse so we can stock up food which should help our livability or make a house for safety.

Also we have a garden right?
How effective is it?
>>
>>1114386
>>1114416
It looks like the house first it is then. Aren makes a crude hammer in preparation. If you want to make a communal effort of the house, then roll your relevant stats and skills. If you've got more specific or advanced skills, then you can make a more advanced level of house.

As for the garden yes it is quite effective, at least enough to supply the current small population of the settlement with everything plant-like that may be needed, besides food.

>One other thing I forgot earlier, but the shrine to the settlement faith is fairly decent and well-made, due to Ann's efforts over the years.
>>
Rolled 3 + 5 (1d5 + 5)

>>1114433
>More specific skill.
Rolling mental plus architecture.

It's my time to shine.
Let's get a more advanced level of house.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.