[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cyberpunk Quest Thread #1 :Introductions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Subway.jpg (116KB, 900x595px) Image search: [Google]
Subway.jpg
116KB, 900x595px
Hello! Welcome to Cyberpunk Quest! There will be 4 Main Characters, each of which will be played, so don't feel like you'll miss out if yours is not Picked. There will be a 15/20 Min Pause between Updates, to allow for everyone to get votes in.

First Quest, So I'm open to any criticism.
Anyways, let's get right into it.

>The year is 2077.
>Hong-Kong, the epicenter of technological advance, is the setting.
>Cyborg Enhancements and Hackers have taken place of the bustling City, as nearly everything is driven into the New Age.
>20 years ago, the UN signed a declaration, allowing companies to expand beyond their wildest ambitions.
>Very few were able to take opportunity of this, and from it, the Megacorps were established.
>MERCER, once a Private Military Company, that now served as a Navy for most countries.
>NEXUS, A Company that hosts the world's web servers, that now controls and censors nearly everything on the Net.
>MED-CO, The Producers of medical supplies around the World.
>ATARI, The leaders, and (only) developers of Video Games for the World.
>And lastly, COCA-COLA, creators and suppliers of most name branded Soft Drinks.
>However, as you step onto the Subway car, along with the three Strangers behind you, this is the least of your concerns.
>You had received a text from an unnamed number, promising….Work. Something you’ve been needing for some time.
>You were to head to an unnamed bar, near the more run-down part of the City.
>The Man who you’ve sat down next to you turns to face you, looking at you with a glint of...something in his eye.
>Could it be Admiration? Envy? Famalarity?
>Even Fear?
>”You….You look familiar... Who Are you?”
Alexander Viklund AKA “Letterman”

The Merc without a Mouth. For whatever reason, he chooses to remain completely silent, only communicating with a Tape Recorder, Containing bits and pieces of Language learning tapes.

+Wooden Baseball Bat
+Letterman's Jacket/Rooster Mask
+3 to Strength Rolls
+ Unlocks the “Mercenary” Skill Branch.
Jeremy Hampshire

Jeremy is a Soft Spoken Man, who used to run a Virtual Reality Game store. Since its fall, He’s invested in the Latest of AUG (Augmented User Gear) Technology.

+AUG Abilities, AUG Spells
+3 to Wisdom Rolls
+Unlocks the “Technomancer” Skill Branch.
Daniel Bonille

An Ex-Head Construction Worker for MERCER Law Enforcement. Daniel is the guy to call, if You need to know the exact layouts of a Building, Machine, or Any Construct. Or even how to Break into one.

+”Sentry Gun” Unlockable
+3 to Intelligence Rolls
+Unlocks the “Engineer” Skill Branch

Joey Ewart

Joey is a…”Retired” Therapist. He was laid off after he Attacked one of his Patients. Regardless, Joey is the one to call if you need to Talk your way into anything. Or out of it.

+3 to Charisma Rolls
+Unlocks the “Negotiator” Skill Branch
>>
>>1106038
Familiarity* Fuck. Off to a good Start.
>>
>>1106038
Joey Ewart
>>
>>1106038
Letterman.
>>
Because this is the Starter Post, I will tally votes in about 25 Mins. No Samefagging, if you all Please. Thank You.
>>
>>1106038
Joey Ewart
We like giant boobs waaay too much for our own good.
>>
Joey Ewart.
>>
Joey Ewart
>>
Alright then, Writing for Joey.
>>
>”Wait...You’re that Therapist! The Guy who got Fired from MedCo for Raping his Client! I saw you in the News!”
>The man would proceed to Laugh, as you scornfully looked out of the WIndow.
>After some time passed, you left the Train Car, and that Man with it.
>For whatever reason, though, the other three men stepped outside alongside you.
>Guess you’re all going to this Run Down bar then?
>You step out into the night, and alongside it, the Pouring Rain.
>Eager to escape it, However, you Look around.
>You’re in a Small corner road, and infront of you, the Location you were told to come to.
>Looking at it, It’s a Small, Underground Diner.
>You, and the Other 3 Men walk into the bar.

>Upon entering, you confirm what you had thought before, and that this really is just a Shitty Diner.
>You see the Waitress behind the counter, giving a Odd look to the Three of you.
>Additionally, You see a kid in the back stall, alone, and intensely staring at a Spoon, and another man, reading the Daily Newspaper.
>The Contact had told you to talk to the Waitress, but there’s other things you could do beforehand.

What do you Do?

>Talk to the Waitress
>Talk to the Kid with the Spoon
>Talk to the Paper Man
>Write-In
>>
>>1106256
>Talk to the Paper Man
"Yo, yo, what's going on?"
>>
>>1106256
>Talk to the Waitress

Not for rape, but we got to sate our libido like a normal person somehow.
>>
>>1106256

Talk to the spoon bender, hopefully this unlocks the autism based esp skill branch for us.
>>
File: ahegao_big_thumb.jpg (37KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ahegao_big_thumb.jpg
37KB, 200x200px
>>1106256
this >>1106275

Therapist
theRapist

mah nigguh
>is actually a literal nigguh

OH SHIIIET
>>
>Without any hesitation, you walk up to the waitress.
>As much as you’d like to stay around with these...charming people, you have a job to do.
>The Waitress notices your approach, and pulls out a Pencil from behind her ear.
“T-Three files are on the Donkey's Ass?”
>Upon you saying the “code-word” the number had told you, the Waitress signs, and puts the Pencil back behind her ear.
>”More of Shadows boys, ‘uh?”
>She then pulled a Lever behind the Stove, and upon so, a Hidden Passage opened by the Wall, behind the Spoon Kid.
>”Head on down, Find the Cyborg with the Green Lights. He’ll tell y’all what you’ll be doin’.”
>After hesitating for a moment, you turn, and walk through the doorway, which leaded to a Passage Downwards.
>And again, those three Strangers followed you.

>After a bit of walking, you and the other people found yourselves in an Underground Night Club, Reeking of Alcohol, Sweat, and Enough tasteful Lights to put hardcore gamers into Epileptic Shock.
>Looking around a bit, you see a man who matched the description of the Waitress, on the top floor, looking down upon the rest of the Club.

What do you Do?

>Proceed to the Cyborg
>Write-In
>>
>>1106256
>>Talk to the Waitress
>>
>>1106423
>Option or >Write is immensely ass but oh well, its your first time.

Ask for the Waitress's numbah and then, yeah, proceed with the cyborg.
>>
>>1106423
>Proceed, m8
>>
>>1106423
>>Proceed to the Cyborg
>>
>>1106423
> go to cyborg
> complain about abuse of greentext in story posts
>>
Again, not wanting to waste time, you follow the orders of the Waitress, surpassing the Urge to ask for her number, and Heading Upstairs.
Upon you and the other three entering the Top Floor, three bodyguards move to stop you.
But as soon as you open your mouth to protest, an unnatural voice speaks from behind them.
>”It’s fine, Guys. Let ‘em in.”
The bodyguards give you and the group one last look, before moving aside, and allowing you to proceed towards him.
Seeing the cyborg up close, You notice the extent of his Modifications.
He is entirely robotic, with no remaining Human parts.
Normally, this extent is reserved for the extremely rich, or the extremely unlucky. More than often, it’s both.
>”Now, I’ve gathered you all here today, because you all share a Common ideal. That the Megacorps are a Menace to society, and must be Destroyed.”
>”Well, that or you’re needing money. Probably not though, right?”
The Cyborg laughed at his own joke, and seeing nobody else laugh alongside him, he Continued.
>”My Name’s Shadow. Owner of the Shadowrunners. And you, Fine Gentlemen, will be destroying part of NEXUS’s servers tonight.”
The man beside you, who looked like a Construction Worker, spoke for the first time, aggressively.
>”And how in the Hell ‘re we gonna do that? Y’all bringing Deranged fuckin’ Lunatics into a High Security Building and expect ‘em to come out safe ‘n sound?!”
The Construction Worker turned to a man in a rooster mask beside him.
>”Er...No Offence…”
>”MIster Daniel, if you’d keep your pants on for 5 more fucking seconds, I could tell you.”
This would shut the Construction Worker up, and he looked back down to his feet.
>”Now, before we move onto more….exhilarating topics, I’d like to remind you all why you’re here.”
>”The man in the mask, Letterman, as I’ve heard you’re called, will be the Muscle. Supposedly, he’s wiped out a Section of the Japanese Mafia. On his own, I’ll add.”
>”Next, we have one...Jeremy Hampshire. I Hear you can Hack. We’ll see about that, won’t we?”
>”I’m sure you all know Daniel? Ex-Head of Construction for MERCER. You know this Building Inside-out.”
>”And lastly...We have you. Joey, A Therapist. You can talk them out of Situations worse than what you’ll be doing.”
>”And with THAT. Let’s get to our Planning, Alright? Alright.”

Choose Entry Method:

>Loud
Go in Guns Blazing, and leave in the same method. Higher risk, but Higher Reward.

>Stealthy
Sneak in through NEXUS’s Back Door, Destroy the Servers in Silence, and leave without any Trace. Low Risk, Same Reward.
>>
>>1106655
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngk3Urrpa8k
Be sneaky, of course.
>>
>>1106655
> sneak in
There is no point letting them get a defense organized. If some lunatics want to do some murdering they can do it on the way out.
>>
>”Oh, Thank fucking God… You’d be going through Fucking Hell, you went in there with Guns.”
>”Although, this raises our next problems. How will you be getting In?”
>”Along with that, before you destroy the Servers, you have to deal with the Security Cameras. How will you do that?”

Entrance:
Through the Vents
>Will requires Rolls to not get stuck, and risks detection.
>Does not subtract from Payday.

ZIpline
>Zipline onto the exact Floor the server is on, avoiding both rish of Detection, and Safty.
>-25% cut from Payday.

Camera Systems

Wing It
>You have a Hacker, Right? He can do that.
>No subtraction from Payday, Chance of Failure.

Insider Help
>Hire someone from inside the building to Manually disable the Cameras.
>Guarantee to disable Cameras, -25% cut from Payday.
>>
>>1106765
>Through the Vents
>Wing it
>>
>>1106765

>”You guys….Really want that Money, Don’t you? Alright, I Won’t make any calls.”
>”Lastly, we need a plan on how we’re getting you out of there. And as of now, here are the options.”

Loud Exit
Leave off in a hurry, with preset Hovercycles.
>Fastest Escape, with highest difficulty.

Gliders
Leave the building with some Ancient Gliders from 20 Years back. They don’t look in all that good of a shape, but they’ll get the job done.
>Midline Escape time, With chance of Injury

Walk
Or you could...Do that, I guess?
>Slowest return time, with lowest difficulty.
>>
>>1106875
>Gliders
>>
>>1106875
>Gliders
Like a leaf on the wind.
>>
>>1106875
I vote Hovercycles
>>
>>1106875
>Gliders
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.