[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DEITY QUEST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 10

File: Heavenly Image.jpg (4KB, 189x118px) Image search: [Google]
Heavenly Image.jpg
4KB, 189x118px
> You feel strange, like you've just awakened from a long, long sleep... You look around, no, that's not the right word... You feel around you and see them... Strange simple little things... Amost twenty of them, all . So small, and fragile, but filled with zeal... Zeal for... you, you realize... You have no body, but you're present... You can feel them, and they... They can feel you...
> They're excited... You can tell... You read their thoughts like a book... What is a book... It does not matter... They're all gathered around... Something... Some kind of... Statue, you realize... A statue of... You, or what was once you... They feel you to... Their emotions are all so... Intense, like they've waited for this... For all their life... One of them, older, frailer... But inside, stronger... Holds a staff and makes a noise... You recognize that noise... It's your name... You haven't heard it in so long...
> You reach out and... Touch the old one... In its... Its... Soul... And show yourself to it... It falls to the ground... And weeps with emotion... You read his Soul and... know... his memories, all of them... And your thoughts start coming together...

> What is your name?
> What does the statue look like?
> Are you benevolent, or malevolent?
> You feel that you have great power... But your power is greatest with one thing... What do you have the most power over?
>>
>>1102864

> You're having a hard time remembering... You think you should remember... Soon...
>>
>>1102864
>>1103143

> Less subtle bump...
>>
>>1102864
>Maybe you should.....
>Do a chargen.....that isn't like......filling out a form.....
>And maybe....
>Use a title....that hasn't.....already been used......5 times.....
>You.......get me.......?
>>
File: BvrDXaZCUAE3UaI.jpg (33KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BvrDXaZCUAE3UaI.jpg
33KB, 576x1024px
>>1102864
> What is your name?
WHAT ZIT TOOYA
ME
I ALREADY TOLD YOU MY NAME, WHAT ZIT TOOYA
> You feel that you have great power... But your power is greatest with one thing... What do you have the most power over?
YELLING
>>
File: crystal-caves[1].jpg (111KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
crystal-caves[1].jpg
111KB, 1000x600px
>>1102864
>Bas
>Not a statue but simply an divine crystal stalagmite
>I am benevolent
>Power over light
>>
>>1102864
>what is your name
The Pale Bastard
>what does your statue look like
an ivory statue of a pale, incredibly sknny man bent down and clutching his head distrautley. he has needlessly long fingers. his body is covered in barnacles
>I am malovelant
>what do I have power over?
savagery, insanity, bloodlust, cannibalism, fear and many other threats to the human psyche. I exist more as a blemish on your fragile minds, waiting for you to give me one opening to drag you away from the bindings of sanity.
>>
>>1104169
I'll support this, because I dislike cringing.
>>
> What is your name? Deus Ex Machina
> What does the statue look like Towering Skeletal Figure wearing a Black Cloak
> Are you benevolent, or malevolent Neither
> You feel that you have great power... But your power is greatest with one thing... What do you have the most power over Casuality
>>
>>1102864
Viktra
The statue depicts a man and woman tied to the same soul
Benevolent
Everything related to people
>>
>>1102864
I think you should've also explained what are we going to be doing before starting the character creation
>>
>>1104169
>>1104730

Support
>>
Hm
>>
>>1105196
Supporting this because being a sentient mineral sounds boring
>>
>>1105296
Yeah, being a mineral doesn't sound too thrilling
>>
>>1105229
>>1105296
>>1105403
Supporting this
>>
File: Aspects.png (1KB, 61x61px) Image search: [Google]
Aspects.png
1KB, 61x61px
>>1102864
> What is your name?
Does everything have to have a name?
You guess that if you must you will go with Equilibrium.
On closer inspection, although you're not sure how you missed this, it is not a statue but a large stone circle with engravings looking like pic related.
You are the balance between the two, when there is too much good in the world you are evil, when there is too much evil in the world you are good.
You have power over exceptionality, inducing it, feeding off it, and controlling it.
>>
>>1105196
Seconding this.
>>
>>1105766
I think you neant Fifthing this
>>
>>1105296
>>1105403

Fuck that, being a righteous godly crystal entity of purifying light sounds way more badass than being a charismatic hermaphrodite god(ess) of mortality.

>>1104169
>>1104730
>>1105258

SUPPORT, GODLY MINERAL QUEST EXCELSIOR!
>>
>>1104169
Yeah I'm down with being a crystal, fuck it we can be a crystal elemental.
>>
>>1104169

Eh, the other options seem lackluster, I'll support this one.
>>
File: omega army crest.png (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
omega army crest.png
13KB, 300x300px
>>1102864

Omega is monitoring this thread. :P
>>
>>1102864
checking in.
>>
>>1104126

1 vote for WHAT ZIT TOOYA

>>1104169
>>1104730
>>1105258
>>1107853
>>1107873
>>1110133

6 votes for Bas

>>1104728

1 vote for The Pale Bastard

>>1104759

1 vote for Deus Ex Machina

>>1105196
>>1105296
>>1105403
>>1105438
>>1105766

5 votes for Viktra

>>1105592

1 vote for Equilibrium

It was close, but Bas is victorious.

>>1110306
>>1110476

Acknowledged.
>>
>>1111419
Finally
>>
Oh shit, i thought this was dead
>>
>>1111419
If it isn't too late i would like cast a vote for Viktra
I didn't vote cuz i thought this died
>>
>>1111419
Can this guy still vote?
>>1111495
>>
File: Bas.jpg (2KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
Bas.jpg
2KB, 90x90px
>>1104169

> You reach deeper and deeper... And understand... You realize yourself... and with that realization comes... CLARITY

> YOU ARE BAS, CRYSTALLINE DEITY OF LIGHT!

The crystal stalagmite, once shining dimly, bursts with unimaginable light, and the mortals present fall to their knees in fervent ecstasy, shouting praises with each breath of air they muster.

Their Souls become clear to you, and you feel power flow from them, and into you. Individually, their power is negligible, but together, it can be mighty indeed.

> 20 ESSENCE GAINED
> 20 FANATICAL BELIEVERS GAINED, (+20 ESSENCE EACH DAY)

On instinct, you realize the following.

> Essence is Power. Essence sustains Deities, and without Essence, Deities fade to nonexistence. Mortal Souls create Essence, which is directed to whichever Deities they worship. There are many ways to gather Essence, but the most effective are to be worshiped by mortals, consume mortal souls, and spread the object of your power, in your case, Light. The more faith a mortal has in its Deity, the more Essence that Deity gains from its worship.

> Deities are made of Essence and dependent on it. Essence is powerful, and can be used for Miracles. Miracles are acts of divine intervention that defy the laws of physics, and are the easiest way to convert mortals. Miracles can also be used to bless mortals, smite blasphemers, and create new life, among other things.

> The more Essence that goes into a Miracle, the more powerful that Miracle becomes. If a God of Fire smites an army with 1 Essence, a small fireball may injure one of the soldiers. If a God of Fire smites an army with 1,000 Essence, a hurricane of fire will consume the vast majority of them. If a God of Fire smites an army with 10,000 Essence, the results are visible beyond the atmosphere.

> You are not the only Deity. There are millions, potentially billions, out there, each of them with their own followers, goals, and ambitions. In ancient times, you were an extremely powerful God, but you were defeated, and shattered into thousands of pieces. For eons, you were forgotten, but some vestige of your former self remained in a crystal shard in a cave somewhere in some place, the details are hazy, and unclear as of now.

> This vestige of your former self manifested in the dreams of an old man named Jefrei, who was mentally unstable to begin with, and Jefrei converted to your worship, worshiping the crystal shard. When a week passed, the Essence in the crystal shard began to revive you and with the Essence, you manifested in the dreams of several more mortals, who converted to the worship of Bas when Jefrei preached to them. After another three weeks, a small cult started up, venerating your name. That's all you know as of now.

> (cont)
>>
>>1111530

The mortals pray with a faith so strong, they're almost driven berserk in their devotion. The sounds of their praises are like music to your being, and you feel an intense satisfaction come into you, as if you were being fed after starving. When an hour passes, the crystal lose the Essence stored within it, and dims, only glowing faintly.

Jefrei speaks, holding his staff above his head.

> "Noble Bas, may you bring Crystalline Illumination unto all things! Hear me when I speak, Holy One, your faithful are suffering. We are of the village of Uiten, and our Gods have forsaken us. We were without direction, and when he came, we were defenseless to the ravages of Okran, the God of Fire, Death, and War. His mindless followers came to destroy our homes in an uncountable horde, and slew many of us, but with the help of our Gods, we drove them back. Each year, they returned, stronger than they were the last, but each time, we drove them back."

> "So it was for many years, but only a month ago, the Gods vanished, and Okran has come upon us like a plague. Our crops are dying, our fires won't light, and we have unspeakable nightmares when we sleep. We've heard rumors that Okran's hordes are marching, and we are powerless to defend ourselves! Many of the neighboring villages fled their homes, and yet others converted to foreign Gods, only a few stayed faithful to the old ways, and even then, we knew there was no hope. And then you came!"

The old man falls onto the cave floor, facing you.

> "ALMIGHTY BAS, TELL US WHAT WE MUST DO!"

> BAS, GOD OF LIGHT
> 20 Essence

> CULT OF BAS
> 20 Fanatical Believers, (+20 Essence each day)
>>
>>1111495
>>1111525

I'm sorry, but when you posted, I'd already written over half of the first post. I hope you understand, if it's any consolation, I'll be including the deities suggested as NPC's in-game.
>>
>>1111536
>Do as you will, take my light For the betterment of your people. Ask for wisdom and guidance when you wish, and if needs must, protection.

>I also gift you this as thanks for awakening me.

*spend 10 miracle points to create more crystal for their use
>>
>>1111580
And if we are going to gift them crystal, we should do so very sparingly

Perhaps mention the severity of what it means to gift mortals with this kind of meaning.
>>
>>1111580
>>1111590

Do you want to simply create more Crystal? Because as it is, the Crytal has no Essence and is doing nothing but sit in place. The villagers aren't doing anything with the Crystal but worship it, you could change the Crystal using Essence, or create more Crystal if you wanted to. You could also directly give Essence to a mortal, giving them the ability to use it a certain way, thereby blessing a mortal with power or change,(mutate) them for the better
>>
>>1111647
Hmmmm, how strong is the crystal? I'm thinking of refurbishing the room were in to a big ol shrine/bunker, with the idea of inspiring worship in addition to providing the people with a safe space.
>>
>>1111654
Originally I was just thinking of spewing out crystal but naaah that's bad news.
>>
>>1111530

> Basically Terry Pratchett's Small Gods

Oh all my yes.

>>1111647

Crystals grows naturally in the right natural condition. Can we have it just glow softly for now, and instruct one of our believers to cause these conditions in our cave? We want educated believers. Faith is strong but so is firepower.
>>
>>1111654

The Crystal, in its base state, is as strong as Iron. If you put Essence into it, it will become stronger and grow.

>>1111666

I don't know how to feel about those Trips.

As long as you keep getting worship the rate you're at now, the Crystal will glow dimly and will slowly grow to fill the cave. At its current growth rate, you'd give it a month to fill the cave, but you could invest Essence into speeding up the process. The more worshipers you have, the stronger the Crystal becomes, the brighter it glows, and the quicker it grows.
>>
>>1111647
we should have each of our followers take a chip of the Crystal and wear it as jewelry. The chips can act as a mobile minor blessing machine, just hold the chip, pray to Bas, and if he(?) deems it necessary, grant them a small blessing/miracle(such as having the chip filling the follower with holy warmth).
>>
>>1111692

My vote would be towards investing in growth. Then, have every believer take a small fragment. It will be a symbol, it will provide a tangible benefit (even something that just makes a little bit of light like a small green LED can be used for things at night, like reading, or reassuring a child scared of the dark) and the overhead is minimal.

(Heh, trips happen. Have you seen the dice rolls in LBQ? They're XCOM level insane)
>>
>>1111709
>>1111711
>Letting anyone get a hold of our crystal

You guys do know all the repercussions that come from this right? I say we can use our powers any way we can, but the crystal stays ours.
>>
>>1111721
without our influence the Crystal is just a regular crystal. we're incorporeal, the Crystal is just a representation of us, I don't really see any danger from giving followers chips
>>
>>1111729

Would a fragment keep glowing? We should at least do it once in order to find out.
>>
we should also convert everyone else in the village if we haven't already. once thats done we need to figure out the villages defenses and armaments.
>>
>>1111733
i assume so, our influence should extend to every individual part of the Crystal, even if its separated from the main body
>>
>>1111729
Well it kind of... reduces our authority? Reduces the influence and impact of said miracles and crystals? I'd much rather be a backseat God that when your prayers are answered it actually feels important.
>>
>>1111750
I dunno, these are pretty shitty miracles im talking about; it can act as a light, warm you, various other rinky dink parlor tricks. Plus, we have complete control over said miracles. Really, the way i was thinking of them, the chips would be more of a symbol than anything else. Bas is always with you, providing comfort and light
>>
>>1111761
Meh, I just not like the idea of our crystal becoming a black market luxury.
>>
>>1111750

Yeah but the possibility of those crystals becoming a miracle in one way or another with the strong faith of whoever is wearing it will cause some serious change when we apply just enough energy to trigger a positive outcome or some shit.
>>
>>1111799
Grrrrr I'm just salty mate, I want the crystal to be more special really. Just have it be extra super sacred and shit.
>>
>>1111692
>>1111799
>>1111828
Perhaps we could the crystal glow or feel warm or something when someone touches it.
They still have to come to the shrine, but it would still give them proof of our power.
Eventually we could give it lay-on-hands healing power or something.
>>
>>1111926
also make it only work if the do some ritual. Like take off their shoes, or disrobe so that they can be properly bathed in our light.
>>
>>1111937

That's a good idea. Maybe a hand gesture or a prayer or both.
>>
>>1111941
yeah, thinking about it more, I'm actually liking the bathe in light idea.
Not as a nudist fetish thing, but something like a test of faith. A demonstration of humility before they can see our power.
That way dumb teenagers don't come here and be all "Hey guize, check it out! I can make this rock glow by waving my hands around."
>>
>>1111926
>>1111937
I'm totally down for this
Maybe make a passage in astral to recite?
>>
>>1111970

> dumb teenagers come here and be all "Hey guize, check it out! I can make this rock glow by stripping!"

do you want jason? because that's how you get jason
>>
>>1111926
I really like this idea, we should have the chips as a general symbol of faith, and we can use it as proof of our power through minor miracles, then lead potential followers back to the big Crystal and bust out the heavy duty shit.
>>
>>1111995
>>1111972

Second. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yui4zkZQwCA
>>
>>1111995
+1 to this
>>
>>1111995
Well I was trying to reconcile with >>1111828
tbch.

Maybe instead of taking chips off our big special crystal, we could give them a separate tiny rose quartz crystal or something that the chief priest wears but it doesn't do anything. That way people won't try to steal it.
Meanwhile if they want to see our warm glowing power, then they have to lay themselves bare before us and chant a prayer as they embrace the stone.
>>
>>1112219
And as we grow more powerful, we seep deep into the earth with our crystal like veins of blood and make altars all of the world.

Instead of giving people our body and pride. We are a God after all
>>
File: lasermining.jpg (8KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
lasermining.jpg
8KB, 299x168px
>>1112234

Our faith during the modern era
>>
You pause for a moment, before speaking. You don't speak with any tongue, rather, the Crystal vibrates with vibrant light, and its echoes form your words.

> "I AM BAS, CRYSTALLINE DEITY OF LIGHT. I GAZE UPON YOUR WORSHIP, AND AM PLEASED BY YOUR DEVOTION."

While the believers are praising your name, you release Essence into the Crystal, causing it to shine with heavenly light, and a long spike grows on its edge. The believers stare at the spike, utterly transfixed, and the spike shatters into 20 pieces of exact and equal proportions.

> -10 ESSENCE, (Created Crystal Shards)

The Crystal shards lay on the ground, and you speak once again.

> "EACH OF YOU, TAKE A SHARD. EACH SHARD IS A PART OF ME, WHEN YOU CARRY IT, I WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU. IF YOU ARE IN PERIL, OR IN NEED OF AID, YOU NEED ONLY PUT YOUR HAND ON THE SHARD AND SAY MY NAME."

The believers almost trample one another grabbing the crystal shards, and are amazed when the shards glow dim and warm their hands. They look to the Crystal which glows as you speak.

> "THIS IS MY GIFT TO YOU. EACH DAY WHEN YOU PRAY, TOUCH THIS SHARD, AND I WILL HEAR YOU. WHEN YOU ATTEMPT TO CONVERT AN UNBELIEVER, AND THE GIFT OF MY SHARD IS NOT ENOUGH, LEAD THEM TO THIS PLACE. IN THE PRESENCE OF THIS CRYSTAL, MY LIGHT WILL WASH AWAY ALL DOUBT."

The believers fall to their knees, bowing to the Crystal, crying tears of gratitude, ardently whispering thanks. When another hour has passed, Jefrei speaks, clutching your shard with a death grip. tears streaming down his face,

> "ALMIGHTY BAS, YOU ARE TRULY DIVINE! TELL US, WHAT MUST WE DO? OUR ONLY PURPOSE IS TO SERVE YOUR HOLY WILL, FOR ONLY IN YOUR WILL, ARE WE FULFILLED!"

You pause for a moment, deep in consideration, and speak,

> "TELL ME OF UITEN. HOW MANY CALL THIS PLACE HOME?"

Jefrei pauses for a moment,

> "Perhaps as many as forty, Holy One... Most of them cling to the old ways, and a few have forsaken the Gods entirely. Almighty Bas, it is in need of your Holy Light, please, shine upon it!"

The Shrine Crystal pulses,

> "I WILL, SUCH IS CERTAIN. TELL ME, HOW DEFENSIBLE IS UITEN, AND HOW MANY WEAPONS ARE CONTAINED WITHIN?"

Jefrei pauses,

> "Almighty Bas, your humble servant believes it is best if you see for yourself."

Your Essence leaves the Crystal, and flows through the air. You briefly touch Jefrei's mind to show him your presence, and when he is finished weeping in rapturous ecstasy, he walks outside of the cave.

> (cont)
>>
>>1112278

You immediately notice several things.

> Uiten is built atop a lightly forested hill, and the cave is on a hill almost thirty minute's walk from Uiten. It scarcely takes you a second to travel to the village, and while Jefrei hobbles along, muttering something about your divine light purging all falsehood, you get a better look at the settlement.

> The settlement is small, with perhaps thirty or so one-story log houses, all arranged in a rough circle surrounding a two-story stone building. There is no proper wall in Uiten, but they have made an effort to dig a shallow trench and put up a dirt berm around the village's perimeter.

> There are several farm fields surrounding the village, and you notice that the crops are wilted and dying, if not already dead. A cursory glance through the homes of the villagers shows that, besides serviceable farm tools, there are no weapons beyond a handful of almost useless antique relics, and a short spear owned by the town guard.

> The stone building feels somewhat tingly as you enter it, and you see almost thirty men, women, and children, huddled together, listening to the preaching of a haggard young man, whose eyes are filled with desperation. The crowd seems to be filled with despair. The young man seems to be preaching that the Pantheon will smite Okran, and that the lack of miracles is simply a test of their faith. Beyond the insignificant scraps of Essence in the temple, there is no evidence of divine presence, and it is likely that if there was a Pantheon, it is now long gone.

> You take a look around Uiten, and find several things. Almost a dozen villages are scattered across the countryside, in a similar state to Uiten. Two of the villages seem to have converted to the worship of some other deity, and the rest seem to be preparing for an invasion.

> Speaking of invasion, there is a horde of almost three hundred zombies and skeletons marching to Uiten, led by almost one hundred cloaked men wielding axes, maces, and shields, all commanded by five men wearing black cloaks. A glance informs you that the five commanders are priests of Okran, wielding 10 Essence, and seemingly have the ability to raise the dead and summon small amounts of black fire.

> A momentary examination informs you that this horde will be at Uiten in one week... This is somewhat concerning, what should you do?

> DAY 1

> BAS, GOD OF LIGHT
> 10 Essence

> CULT OF BAS
> 20 Fanatical Believers, (+20 Essence each day)

> CREATIONS
> 10 Crystal Shards
>>
>>1112234
Making a huge crystal lighthouse/beacon in the center of town to grant buffs and protection to our worshippers?

Or bring our worshippers underground, so that the only light they receive is from us?
So we don't have to compete with the sun.
>>
>>1112285
Command our worshippers to spread the word of the Crystal Light among their peers!
>>
>>1112310
this
>>
>>1112285
if there are any statues in the church, crystallize them. Then, speaking through one of the statues, tell the people that the old gods have abandoned them, and in one week, their village shall be destroyed by the Okrani. Then tell them that Bas will stop them, but only if everyone in the village helps.
>>
>>1112310

Definitely this, made cure some crops for them and once we have the majority of the village we need to decide whether we collect all the local villages and make a stand or just send our worshipers underground til the invasion passes
>>
>>1112322
and of course, by help, i mean believe in me completely.
>>
>>1112322

I would change the last bit of the speech to "Bas will save you." That way if we find that we can't stop them we just get everyone out of the way and still have kept our word
>>
>>1112322
>>1112327
>>1112328

It would take 5 Essence to completely Crystallize a statue, and you estimate it would take hundreds to cure all of the crops, with 1 Essence you could cure a few feet of crops. There is a heavy curse on the crops, with perhaps ~200 Essence invested into it.
>>
>>1112346

A couple of feet of crops will show that we're at least willing to support them while their Pantheon doesn't
>>
What if we were to create a new crop from scratch,that way the new crop could be planted and it wouldn't be cursed.
>>
>>1112219
Lol
>>
>>1112346
>>1112322
>>1112352
>>1112391
Why don't we give our cult a chance first?
With so few people here, and all so disillusioned with the old ways, I think our followers armed with the shards will be able to convert most if not all of the town today without our help.

That will give us a chance to recharge and strengthen so we can expand to the other villages.
>>
>>1112459
this.
>>
>>1112459
Supporting.
>>
>>1112459
+1
>>
>>1112459
Yep
>>
>>1113629

You gaze upon Uiten. So many Souls... Lost without your guidance... The sound of their hollow prayers fills you with righteous indignation, and you prepare to show them the light, when a sudden realization hits you. Your believers are equipped with the shards of your being, the little they can muster is infinitely better than the dead silence of the Pantheon, such is certain. You decide it would be best to conserve your Essence, and give your believers a chance to prove themselves.

You speak in the minds of your mortal believers,

> "I HAVE BORNE WITNESS TO AN IMMINENT CALAMITY. A PROFANE LEGION OF OKRAN WORSHIPERS AND THEIR UNHOLY CADAVERS MARCHES ON UITEN AS I SPEAK. ALONE, UITEN IS DOOMED, BUT UITEN IS NOT ALONE, FOR BAS IS WITH YOU, AND THE LIGHT OF BAS WILL PROTECT YOU, SO LONG AS YOU HAVE FAITH IN HIM. GO NOW, AND SPREAD THE FAITH TO YOUR KINSMEN, FOR THE HOUR OF OKRAN'S WRATH APPROACHES."

With that, you go into your Crystal, rest, feeding on the prayers of your believers...

> +20 ESSENCE

The sun rises. You gaze upon Uiten and are pleased beyond comprehension. Led by Jefrei, and inspired by your Holy Light, your Cult has shown 18 villagers the truth! 15 of them follow you out of desperation, and while their prayers sustain you, they are not as filling as the devotion of your more zealous devotees. 3 of them have fully realized the truth, and are fanatical in their faith!

> 15 DEVOUT BELIEVERS GAINED, (7.5 ESSENCE EACH DAY)
> 3 FANATICAL BELIEVERS GAINED, (3 ESSENCE EACH DAY)

Regrettably, two of the villagers were disgusted by how readily their friends and family abandoned the Pantheon, and they left. You notice that the young preacher is among them. 5 villagers remain who chose to stay loyal to the Panthon, but refuse to leave their homes to be destroyed.

> The horde draws nearer, and will arrive in 6 days. Your Essence has grown, you're much more powerful now, and the majority of Uiten believes in you... What do you do?

> DAY 2

> BAS, GOD OF LIGHT
> 30 Essence

> CULT OF BAS
> +30.5 Essence each day
> 23 Fanatical Believers, (+23 Essence each day)
> 15 Devout Believers, (+7.5 Essence each day)

> CREATIONS
> 20 Crystal Shards
>>
>>1114156

> QM Note: You had 20 Crystal Shards first update, I accudentally made a typo.
>>
>>1114156
Let's give 20 essence to Jefrei, he shall be the prophet that brings our light to the world!
>>
>>1114159

> *Sigh *
> *Accidentally made a typo
>>
>>1114165
I might have a better idea
>>1114156
Qm how many days away are the other villages
>>
>>1114180

The nearest villages are 1, 2, and 3 days travel away, respectively, but it would take you minutes to reach them. One of the villages seems to have converted to the worship of another Deity, you wouldn't know more unless you investigated yourself, and you would feel uneasy doing so at your current power level.
>>
>>1114190
OK my vote is send out 5 worshipers to each village with a head of each group that we gift 5 essence of power to provide miracles to the villages and convince them of our faith. Then we look into how to banish the undead.
>>
>>1114198
I say we give Jefrei 10 essence, as we would have 5 left over.
>>
>>1114204
Agreed he can be our prophet. We should have him convince the last 5 and try and make the others fanatic.
>>
>>1114198
>>1114204
>>1114211

Do you have any specific abilities you'd like to give them in mind? If you simply gave a baseline mortal 5-10 Essence they wouldn't know what to do with it, and it's best to give them some sort of guideline to channel it. Keep in mind, you could also use the Essence to change, (mutate) a mortal for the better, attempt to create new life, create or bless objects, or grow the Crystal, among other things.
>>
>>1114233
Right ok 3 of it for the priests going to the towns to i prove there ability to persuade people and 1 of it for there Chrystal to become extremely bright and warm and 1 for it do do minor miracles like helping surface wounds

For our prophet the same but give 5 to change him make his veins shine crystalline and his skin to shade slightly blue and toughen like crystal.
>>
>>1114233
I was thinking some kind of crystal eye for Jefrei, maybe it could let him see if someone was telling the truth or not.
>>
>>1114251

Alright, but keep in mind, if you don't want their powers to be temporary, one-use abilities, you'll have to give them a link to your being, so they can drain the 5 or 10 Essence they need from you every day to sustain their powers.
>>
>>1114289
Give it to them to use for the conversion only first day if village we can give them more on a case by case basis.

For profet make it consistent 5 every day for his powers Mabey he can save them and make a large miracle every once in a while and 1 to change him to be stronger more Chrystaline every day as well.
>>
>>1114297
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>1114297

Keep in mind, it would be damned difficult to keep track of that as a QM, and the worship of any believers they convert is almost certain to break even with, if not outweigh the investment that goes into maintaining their powers.
>>
>>1114312
Fine 5 for initial investment 1 every day. They can Balance them selves we are God that likes to jew our resources.
>>
>>1114297
I think it's best to keep the essence in our hands, but I'm all for gradually giving him a crystalline body.
>>
You gaze upon what your believers have wrought, and deem them fit to accept your blessings. As the faithful gather to pray in the Crystal Shrine, blinding light bursts from the Crystal and pierces the bodies of 4 believers! They collapse onto the ground, and convulse in rapturous ecstasy as your Holy Light fills their very Souls, the rest of the gathered faithful chant your name at the tops of their lungs when the light fades.

> -25 ESSENCE, (10 to Jefrei)(15 to 3 Fanatical Believers)

The chosen believers stand, trembling as power flows through their veins, and Jefrei stands as well, his skin is hardened and glows like Crystal. The believers stare at his blessed form when he raises his staff above his head, every part of his body radiates with light, and bellows,

> "SUCH IS THE POWER OF ALMIGHTY BAS! HIS LIGHT CLEANSES ALL FALSEHOOD, AND SOON, ALL THINGS WILL BE CLEANSED IN HIS SIGHT! PRAISE BAS, FOR HE IS HERE, AND HE HAS COME!"

The gathered mortals fall to their knees, bowing to Jefrei's Crystal body, and you feel the faith of many grow stronger.

> 8 DEVOUT BELIEVERS BECOME FANATICAL, (+8 ESSENCE EACH DAY)

A few minutes pass, and Jefrei's light fades, settling to faint dimness, but he still shines, half as much as the Crystal itself. His skin seems leathery, and is made of a stone-like, brittle Crystal, and its durability is comparable to hardened leather. You speak to the gathered crowd,

> "JEFREI, YOU ARE MY PROPHET, IT IS YOU WHO WILL SPREAD MY LIGHT TO ALL ENDS OF THE WORLD. THIS IS BUT A HINT OF WHAT IS TO COME."

As he weeps with gratitude, you speak to the others,

> "THREE AMONG YOU WIELD MY POWER. IT IS A SACRED GIFT, BESTOWED UPON YOU FOR YOUR FAITH. EACH OF YOU, SELECT FOUR OF YOUR BRETHREN, AND LEAVE UITEN. YOU ARE TO JOURNEY TO KUYRN, ONOD, AND EBUR. THERE, YOU WILL USE YOUR GIFT TO GUIDE THE LOST TO THE LIGHT OF BAS."

> "I REJOICE WHEN I GAZE UPON YOUR FAITH. CONTINUE ON THIS PATH, AND THE MIGHTIEST OF OKRAN'S SPAWN WILL BE DUST BEFORE THE LIGHT. SUCH IS CERTAIN. GO, AND KNOW THAT MY SIGHT IS UPON YOU."

Upon hearing your voice for the first time, the remaining Devout believers become unshakeable in their faith, and pledge their eternal Souls to your service.

> 7 DEVOUT BELIEVERS BECOME FANATICAL, (+7 ESSENCE EACH DAY)

You wait another hour, before dismissing the faithful with instructions to prepare themselves to face the scourge of Okran. 15 of your fanatical believers leave Uiten to travel to the nearest villages and spread the light. The remaining 23 of your faithful begin barricading houses, digging trenches, and sharpening farm tools in preparation for the coming storm, while Jefrei preaches the virtues of Bas and his light.

The 5 villagers loyal to the Pantheon do not convert to your worship, but they begin to acknowledge you in their prayers. This token worship is barely noticeable, but it is evidence that they are on the right path.

> 5 SKEPTICAL BELIEVERS GAINED, (+0.5 ESSENCE EACH DAY)

> (cont)
>>
>>1114826

You rest for the night and awaken at dawn the next day.

> +35.5 ESSENCE

> Okran's horde will arrive in 5 days. You've appointed Jefrei as your Prophet, blessed three mortals with your power, and you have more or less converted all of Uiten. The proselytizing mortals will arrive at their destinations within the week, and the first group will be arriving sometime today, if you wanted to, you could be present for their attempt at conversion. They don't say anything, but you sense your newer converts are growing envious of the Crystal Shards the others possess.

> The Shrine Crystal has grown noticeably, and by the end of the month, it will fill the cave. If you wanted to, you could direct its growth or hasten it with Essence. While Uiten's ramshackle defenses grow stronger by the hour, you feel that they might not be enough on their own.

> DAY 3

> BAS, GOD OF LIGHT
> 37.5 Essence

> Essence Income
> +38.5 Essence each day
> -6 Essence each day
> Net Gain: +32.5 Essence each day

> CHAMPIONS OF BAS

> Jefrei the Prophet, (+1 Essence each day)(-6 Essence each day)
Boons:
Crystalline Skin
Improved Persuasion
Improved Shard
Minor Healing

> 3 Blessed Fanatical Believers, (+3 Essence each day)
Boons:
Improved Persuasion
Improved Shard
Minor Healing

> CULT OF BAS

> 34 Fanatical Believers, (+34 Essence each day)
> 5 Skeptical Believers, (+0.5 Essence each day)

> CREATIONS
> 20 Crystal Shards
>>
>>1114832
Give a minor shard to each of the fanatical belivers. It will be a physical mark of our faith for all who come and visit our holy site. It will become a pilgrimage in the future like Jerusalem.

And use 15 of our essence to break off arms and armor for our believers to prepare for the storm. They will use those to practice

Then save 5 to aid the group at conversion.
>>
>>1114832
How bout we sacrifice jefrei's body and make him a crystal elemental? Then we can start to fortify the village I imagine.
>>
>>1114832
We need to squash this jealousy problem without wasting our essence on giving out tokens.
Have the shard bearers bring their shards to the town square and they will be fused together into a stationary beacon that we will use to protect the village and zap zombies with our light.

This way the shards are no longer in anyone's possession, but united for the benefit of all.
>>
>>1114897
>>1114886
This, but without sacrificing Jefrei, we can just make a Crystal elemental, but im not sure how much essence it costs
>>
I'd rather do the pilgrimage thing it would go a long way to make many more fanatic devotees where there would normally only be doubtful or devout
>>
>>1115603

That depends, if you're talking about a mouse sized Crystal Golem, that's only 5 Essence at most, if you're talking about a Humanoid Golem, that could be anywhere from 30-50 Essence to create, if you're talking about an enormous Ogre-like Crystal Golem, that's at least 100 Essence. These prices are assuming that beyond being an undying, murderous chunk of animated Crystal, it has no extra abilities. Certain upgrades or traits would make it cost more, such as blades, durability, or the ability to summon lasers, for example. There is no cost to create a Golem beyond the initial investment, but if you want to upgrade one you'd have to spend more.
>>
>>1115865
Yeah, I guess this is alright. I just don't want us to get carried away wasting essence on trinkets.
Then when the army gets here, all our shard-bearers can summon Captain Planet or whatnot.

Meanwhile we need to save up our essence to either make ogre elementals, a big wall or a big crystal light cannon.
>>
>>1116371
Aw that would be sick we should get everyone carrying shards put them together and then it can turn into a crystal golum or somthing. Because they each store 1 essence large groups of fanatical belivers can use them as summons and we don't even have to dish out that mush extra essence.i love it!
>>
>>1116371
So yes I do want captain Chrystal except he can be the crystal golum.
>>
What is the plan for this update?
>>
>>1116971
This is still my vote under the pretense our followers can fuse there shards to create a golum
>>1114886

Also op the 3 day bump limit is up so it won't be bumped any more till you make a new thread and Do you need archiving or are you all set?
>>
>>1117004

I'll continue with this thread until it's archived, as for archiving the thread, I should be fine, but as I haven't been able to access my PC, and I've been updating with my cellular device, it might be a while before I'm able to archive the thread.
>>
Change the properties of the crystal shards so that if they are shattered all the individual peices grow into another full crystal over time.
This allows us to always provide more crystals for our followers without expending much power.
>>
>>1116971
I'm voting this >>1115865
Anyone else who wants a shard must humbly lay themselves bare before our crystal shrine.
Save the rest of our essence for emergencies.
>>
When your followers gather for their daily prayers, you greet them, and with your voice, comes rhythm. An impossibly harmonius and eerily beautiful thrumming noise echoes throughout the cave, and a blazing white light thrusts out of the Crystal. The light solidifies, and its pieces fall onto the ground. The light fades, revealing 15 White Crystal Spears.

> -15 ESSENCE, (15 to forge weapons)

When the rythm ceases, the Crystal has grown one and one-half its former size, and its glow is noticeably stronger. Your being touches the Souls of the strongest 15 mortals, who take up the Crystal Spears, their eyes filled with awe and reverence.

> "WITH THESE BLADES, YOU WILL DRIVE BACK THE HORDES OF OKRAN. TRAIN WITH THEM WITH EACH BREATH YOU TAKE, SO THAT YOU WILL HAVE SKILL ENOUGH TO ROUT THE HORDES OF OKRAN IN THE NAME OF THE LIGHT."

You focus your power, and touch the Crystal, causing it to blaze with holy light. As the believers watch, you pour your divine Essence into the Crystal, and it grows before their very eyes, becoming twice its former size.

With a bolt of brilliant light, the Crystal shatters into dozens of broken pieces. In front of the unbelieving eyes of the mortals, the shards form together to remake the Crystal in its former size.

> -15 ESSENCE, (The Shrine Crystal now regenerates, it doesn't grow any faster, but it is much more difficult to destroy, as its shards slowly form black back together to reform the Shard Crystal)

> "NO MATTER THE CONSPIRING SCHEMES OF MORTAL MEN OR THE ALL-CONSUMING FLAMES OF OKRAN, MY CRYSTAL FORM WILL COME TOGETHER, RENDERING ITS DESTRUCTION HOLLOW AND FUTILE, NO MATTER THEIR EFFORTS. SUCH IS THE POWER OF THE LIGHT."

Jefrei lifts his staff and his voice,

> "THE LIGHT BE PRAISED, AND BAS BE EXALTED! THE LIGHT IS ETERNAL, AND NONE MAY COME AGAISNT THE LIGHT! IT IS THE WILL OF BAS, THE WILL OF BAS IS INFINITE, THE WILL OF BAS BE DONE!!!"

When he finishes howling, a beam of light overtakes him, and when it fades, Jefrei's skin is slightly stronger, and its glow, slightly greater. The fanatics howl your praises to high heaven until the sun rises to noon, and they leave your presence. When they do, they set to work training and fortifying with the frenzied energy only total fanaticism provides.

You remain within the Shrine Crystal, silently appreciating the mathematical intricacies of the light as its perfect rays bounce back and forth in myriad patterns. You hear an urgent prayer asking you for aid, and you remember, the first group of proselytizers will be arriving at the Pantheist village of Kuyrn soon...

> (cont)
>>
>>1117918

> From a quick glance, you determine that Kuryn is nearly identical to Uiten, the only differences being that Kuryn has a smaller population of perhaps 25, and lacks even the basic fortifications of Uiten. An old man stands in front of a crowd, whipping himself as he cries out in prayer to the Pantheon, begging them for forgiveness, and the crowd watches in silent despair, their faith all but gone.

> The group of five prosyletizers will arrive within the hour, their blessed fanatic leader clutches his Crystal Shard with a death grip, whispering fervent prayers in your name. Do you respond to his prayers, and aid their efforts to convert Kuyrn? If so, how?

> BAS, CRYSTALLINE GOD OF LIGHT

> 7.5 Essence remaining
>>
>>1117924
2 essence give him a Chrystal staff
Then use 5 to bathe them in light have our priest loudly proclaim that the Panthenon has abandoned them and that Bas will save them!
>>
>>1117924
>>1117985
I could go with that, also since light is a measure of energy could we get away with using the light as form of healing restoring the wounds that had accured by the elder?
>>
>>1118225
If we can that would be great but I don't know if we have the essence for it
>>
>>1117924
>>1117985
Give them a chance and stop wasting energy!
These people haven't even seen a warm glowy crystal before. They'll probably convert and make the pilgrimage out of shear desperation.

Let's monitor the situation. If it looks grim then I'll go along with this.

Also, how did the weapons win the vote? And who's idea was it to make the big crystal regenerate?
Is OP ESL?

When the army gets here the people are going to look to us for deliverance. Then we'll shrug and say "Sorry guys, I'm all spent. But at least you have pretty necklaces and spears."
>>
>>1118275
not to mention that we already gave all our prophets healing powers and silver tongues.
>>
>>1118275
>>1118282
I agree to wait we help those who help themselves.

And I think the growing was just us becoming more powerful and the weapons won with 2 votes. We still have 6 days of power to gather

my idea is try and use the crystals as I essence batteries of sort then shove them together to make a golum while we are milita training with the Chrystal Weapons so our golum has some support.
>>
>>1118317
>We still have 6 days of power to gather
>>1114832
>Okran's horde will arrive in 5 days
Except now we're at 4 days left

Gollum is nice but its still only one golem and a bunch of peasants versus hundreds if not thousands of undead army with mages.
I was hoping for more of a big beacon AOE light cannon thing to carve out huge swathes of the army or focus it into a single-target ray to zap the leaders from a distance.
Our power is Light. Light doesn't turn into golems and smash things. It shines.
>>
>>1118402
Your right only 4 days damn I still think we should focus on gathering as much essence a day as possible.then crank out 100 to help BTFO the enemy with the tower you suggested. We should still have enough for crystals and weapons.

On the plus side it's only 400 dudes >>1112285
With any luck we get 100 guys and a banishing tower like you suggested
>>
>>1117918
Where you at op!
>>
File: My pussy.jpg (7KB, 250x192px) Image search: [Google]
My pussy.jpg
7KB, 250x192px
>>1121241

> Stroking my pussy. Sentient Mineral Quest will resume its usual schedule post-haste.
>>
You consider stepping in to aid your devoted believer, but decide to conserve your resources, and give the Blessed Fanatic a chance to prove himself. You reveal your presence to the souls of the praying believer, reminding him that he is not alone, and his eyes widen with the realization that he cannot fail, so long as the Almighty Bas is with him.

Only an hour goes by, and the group of believers arrive at Kuyrn, and see the mourning crowd, and the flagellating elder. The Blessed Fanatic steps forward, lifting up his staff and his shard, with a cry of praise upon his lips,

> "MEN AND WOMEN OF KUYRN! THE PANTHEON HAS DESERTED US, AND OKRAN COMES TO DESTROY US IN UNHOLY FIRE! REVOKE YOUR FAITH IN YOUR DISGUSTING, FALSE IDOLS, AND KNEEL BEFORE THE CLEANSING LIGHT, LEST THE BRILLIANCE OF THE CRYSTAL OF BAS DESTROY YOUR ETERNAL SOULS!"

Well, he's certainly gotten the crowd's attention... The old man ceases his whipping, and screams a retort, the crowd's eyes are filled with a mixture of excitement and worry.

> "Who's this Bas, an' why should I follow 'im instead o' th' Pantheon o' my Father and my Father's Father?"

The Blessed Fanatic raises his shard, which glows almost as brightly as the Sun itself,

> "THE LIGHT OF BAS HEALS ALL WOUNDS AND CLEANSES ALL FALSEHOOD!"

The elder takes his whip and stalks toward the believers, accompanied by a dozen of Kuyrn's more devout Pantheists, wielding makeshift clubs and knives.

> "LO AND BEHOLD YE LOWLY MORTALS!"

A gout of prismatic light flies from the end of the Blessed Fanatics staff, and hits the old man dead center. He stands perfectly still for a moment, before collapsing onto the ground, dead, as the light burned a fist sized hole in his chest cavity. Everyone stares at the corpse slack-jawed, before heavenly light pours from each and every part of the corpse, and the old man's body disintegrates into faintly glowing ashes.

You aren't quite sure what to make of this, but it's most likely the Blessed Fanatic doesn't quite understand the complexities of manipulating Essence, and accidentally unleashed all of his power in a death ray to assault an old man. Or maybe he's simply violent-minded and the Essence followed up on that, either way, it's rather unfortunate.

The Blessed Fanatic, despite his loss of power, is quick to recover with an explanation,

> "HIS UNHOLY DOUBTS ANGERED BAS, AND HIS HEAVENLY LIGHT SMOTE HIM WHERE HE STOOD! SUCH IS THE FATE OF ALL WHO OPPOSE THE LIGHT OF BAS! LISTEN AS I SPEAK, ALL IS NOT LOST, FOR THE ALMIGHTY BAS IS MERCIFUL IN HIS WRATH, AND ALL WHO FORSAKE THEIR IDOLS AND KNEEL BEFORE HIM WILL PARTAKE IN HIS SACRED LIGHT!"

> (cont)
>>
>>1122217

The entirety of the remaining village is convinced, and they each swear eternal devotion to Bas in exchange for his protection and mercy. Most follow you out of fear, but the light of true hope is rekindled in the souls of 5, who are fanatical in their faith.

> 19 DEVOUT BELIEVERS GAINED, (9.5 ESSENCE EACH DAY)
> 5 FANATICAL BELIEVERS GAINED, (5 ESSENCE EACH DAY)

It takes almost no additional persuasion to convince the new converts to abandon their homes to make a Holy Pilgrimage to Uiten and defend the Faith against the ravages of Okran alongside their brethren. All in all, you'd say the Blessed Fanatic was fairly successful in his conversion attempt. Although the way he went about it is not quite your style, all things considered.

Satisfied with the efforts of the faithful, you return to rest in the Crystal Shrine...

> It is the fourth day of your benevolent reign, and the hordes of Okran will arrive in 4 days. The new converts will be arriving back at Uiten any minute now, and your older converts have made much progress, both in fortification and training with their spears. The Skeptical Believers hold strong to their faith in the Pantheon, but soon, that should change. The second group of evangelists should arrive at Onod in a few hours.

> Onod seems to have converted to the worship of another Deity, and you've been too concerned with possible dangers to investigate, but now, you're much stronger, and feel a bit more confident. Perhaps you should accompany your believers, and meet with this Deity, but you haven't yet decided anything yet... What should you do today?

> DAY 4

> BAS, GOD OF LIGHT
> 40 Essence

> Essence Income
> +54 Essence each day
> -6 Essence each day
> Net Gain: +48 Essence each day

> CHAMPIONS OF BAS

> Jefrei the Prophet, (+1 Essence each day)(-6 Essence each day)
Boons:
Crystalline Skin
Improved Persuasion
Improved Shard
Minor Healing

> 2 Blessed Fanatical Believers, (+2 Essence each day)
Boons:
Improved Persuasion
Improved Shard
Minor Healing

> CULT OF BAS

> 40 Fanatical Believers, (+40 Essence each day)
> 19 Devout Believers, (9.5 Essence each day)
> 5 Skeptical Believers, (+0.5 Essence each day)

> CRYSTAL SHRINE OF UITEN

> Regenerative Crystal
> Significant place of Worship, (+1 Essence each day)

> CREATIONS
> 20 Crystal Shards
> 15 White Crystal Spears
>>
>>1122222
Give out 20 more shards to the fanatics so that every fanatic has a shard then 10 more Spears.

Use 1 essence to give our priest who is about to reach the village a staff. Make his shard into it.

Use 1 essence to do a quick scout of the village if that's possible at least get population

Then let's save 8 for communication and Aiding him with converts.
>>
>>1122281
That sounds alright, but are the spears really necessary?
What makes them better than normal spears?

I'm just thinking we might could use that energy to begin constructing our cannon, which can also double as a place of worship and miracle to convert more fanatics.
>Suddenly a glowing crystal the size of a man erupts from the ground in the middle of the town square. WITH THIS CRYSTAL I SHALT SMITE THINE ENEMIES. The skeptics and devouts who witness this are amazed and their faith is bolstered.
>>
>>1122350
I see your point but even if they are as good as normal Spears all our guys have are farm equipment. I just want them to use them as a way to hold back the undead while our golums can fuck shit up. If they only as good as normal spear though I'll shift my vote for 10 essence on creating a smiting cannon. If there better I'm keeping spears.
>>
>>1122281
>>1122350
>>1122364

The White Crystal Spears are as strong as high-quality Iron, and being made of what amounts to solid light, are extremely easy for Bas to channel his Essence through. They do slightly more damage in the hands of Fanatical Believers of Bas, and they painfully burn the hands of those who don't worship Bas and/or have destructive goals that go directly against Bas and/or his believers. Apart from that, they're essentially standard Iron Spears. You created Spears in particular because your peasant followers aren't trained at all, and it takes very little training to use a Spear effectively.
>>
>>1122419
Hm, How about we set the village blacksmith(s) and assistants work double time making Iron Spears then? Since spears are a lot easier to make than farm tools anyway.

Then spend the essence on the manhattan project (light cannon). We can always make crystal spears on the day of the invasion to replace the normal spears.
>>
One thing I don't see being suggested is that, since the protagonist is a deity of light, which covers death laser rays, why not sprout tiny reflective mirror crystals all over the place that would allow the main holy crystal to blast anyone, anything, from any angle as a form of tactical support artilery.
A tiny holy crystal above the doorway of each hut should suffice, with some random crystals on locations your three dimensional birds eye vision can identify.
>>
OK, but do you want to attempt to contact the unknown Deity? If so, how do you want to go about it?
>>
>>1123406
Yes contact it peacefully under the pretense to survive the oncoming invasion. See what they are like
>>
>>1123644
Agreed.
>>
>>1123644
Supporting this.
>>
>>1123406
I love you qm but I wish that you would update more often
>>
You look upon the village, as the men, women, and children frantically prepare for the coming of Okran's horde, and you notice one man standing outside his forge, hammering farm tools into crude spears. A quick glance through his memories reveals that he is Tyen, the village blacksmith, a strong, simple-minded, pious man and an unmarried bachelor, he never quite followed the Pantheon, and he took to worshiping you with fervent zeal as one of your first followers. Rather than build fortifications or train, he's decided to arm the faithful as best he can, and see that he has amassed a small pile of three crude spears. Forged from scrap and re-purposed farm tools, they're not masterwork by any means, but they should serve you well.

A heavenly light glows from his forge, and you speak,

> "YOUR EFFORTS HAVE PLEASED ME, AND YOUR DILIGENT FAITH SATISFIES ME. I LOOK UPON YOUR EFFORTS, AND I BLESS THEM. FORGE A GREAT MANY BLADES, SO THAT THE FAITHFUL WILL HAVE ARMS TO TAKE UP AGAINST THE HORDES OF OKRAN. TAKE UP YOUR HAMMER, AND FORGE ANEW, FOR THE LIGHT OF BAS WATCHES OVER YOU."

The light dissipates, and rather than falling to his knees in prayer, Tyen takes his hammer and strikes with unrestrained tenacity, muttered prayers are upon his lips, and his eyes are filled with intensity as he fulfills his ordained purpose. If he continues at this rate, there should be enough crude spears to arm each of Uiten's fighting men and women, alongside the White Crystal Spears.

You hover above Uiten, watching the labors of its people. The trench is much deeper, and the berm much higher, while you doubt it will stop the blasphemous horde in its tracks, you're certain it will at least deter them. When two hours pass, the new believers arrive from Kuyrn, and those of Uiten meet their fellow believers with open arms. The now enlarged Cult decides to celebrate the successful conversion by praising your name in the Crystal Shrine, and they do so with righteous exultation.

When the believers are almost three hours into prayer, your full power comes over them, several believers faint, and others tear their clothes apart in their religious ecstasy, the Shrine Crystal glows with unimaginable light, all of the doubt and fear in the gathered believers is swept away by its holy radiance.

> (cont)
>>
>>1125918

Before the tear-filled eyes of those present, the Crystal grows to an immense size, and shatters into dozens of shards. The majority of the shards pull themselves back into a single, perfect whole, leaving behind exactly 20 Crystal Shards. Each of the new believers feels compelled to claim a shard, and within moments, each and every true believer has a shard of yourself. You speak, and from the Crystal, your voice resonates.

> "THIS IS MY GIFT TO YOU. EACH DAY WHEN YOU PRAY, TOUCH THIS SHARD, AND I WILL HEAR YOU. WHEN YOU ATTEMPT TO CONVERT AN UNBELIEVER, AND THE GIFT OF MY SHARD IS NOT ENOUGH, LEAD THEM TO THIS PLACE. IN THE PRESENCE OF THIS CRYSTAL, MY LIGHT WILL WASH AWAY ALL DOUBT."

> "KNOW THAT THE PRESENCE OF BAS WATCHES OVER YOU, AND HIS LIGHT PROTECTS YOU. SO LONG AS YOU TRULY BELIEVE IN HIS LIGHT, HE WILL NEVER FORSAKE YOU. SUCH IS CERTAIN, AND SUCH WILL NEVER END."

> -10 ESSENCE, (Created Crystal Shards)
> +20 Crystal Shards

Upon witnessing this miraculous act, 5 devout believers become fanatical in their faith, and the rest seem to be on the verge.

> 5 DEVOUT BELIEVERS BECOME FANATICAL BELIEVERS, (5 ESSENCE EACH DAY)

You wait as they pray for another two hours, before you dismiss them to rest. You're both impressed and flattered when they all get back to training and fortifying. For a mortal, praying is easy, but shouting prayers at the top of one's lungs for hours on end, and going to dig trenches immediately after certainly isn't. You admire their devotion, and feel grateful that you were able to guide them to the light.

You gaze upon Uiten, and deem it lacking. With a thunderous noise, a bolt of brilliant light comes down from the heavens, landing on the top of the Pantheist Temple. When the light touches the roof, it is absorbed by the stone, and the stone is slowly but visibly shaped into an enormous White Crystal, which absorbs the light of the sun, and reflects it to the world around it in a fractal prism. You reach into the White Crystal, gather its light at the tip, and unleash it, causing a ray of fiery white light to incinerate half a dozen trees in one shot. You estimate that on its own, the Light Cannon could fire 3 times each full day.

> -10 ESSENCE, (Creating Light Cannon)

Apparently, witnessing the light of Bas in action was the push several believers needed, the 5 skeptical believers become devout, and 12 devout believers become fanatical!

> 5 SKEPTICAL BELIEVERS BECOME DEVOUT, (2.5 ESSENCE EACH DAY)
> 12 DEVOUT BELIEVERS BECOME FANATICAL, (12 ESSENCE EACH DAY)

> (cont)
>>
>>1125918
>>1125923

The believers as a whole begin to worship the Light Cannon as a physical manifestation of Bas, and you feel somewhat invigorated by the intensity of their praises. You gaze upon Uiten, and decide that you have done enough in the village for the day. You turn your gaze to the Blessed Fanatic and his equally zealous companions, who are on the verge of arriving at Odon. You expend a piece of Essence to glimpse at Odon, and determine that roughly 80 people live there. An dense, foggy thicket surrounds the settlement, and you sense many very hostile presences contained within it. The settlement itself has a stone wall the height of three men and the thickness of two, and it is filled with sturdy stone, and wooden buildings. In the center of Odon lies a three-story stone Temple on a hilltop, it is covered in moss, vines, and other vegetation, you cannot catch a glimpse of its interior, but you see several men in green robes tending to terraced gardens.

> -1 ESSENCE, (Scanning Odon)

You reach into the staff of the Blessed Fanatic, and Crystallize it. Its wood has formed into Crystal, and it now illuminates the air around it with a faint light. The Blessed Fanatic and his brethren praise your name at the sight of the staff's transformation, and they prepare to march into the thicket, without a hint of fear in their minds, when you reveal what you discovered to them. The Blessed Fanatic and the other believers stop, and await your command.

> -1 ESSENCE, (Creating Crystal Staff)

You pause for a moment, deep in thought. Judging by the wall and thicket, Odon and its patron Deity must not be very welcoming to visitors, and it would be a waste of perfectly good lives to send the proselytizers through the thicket regardless of the obvious danger... Hmm, perhaps this Deity would be willing to talk...

You expend 4 Essence to reveal your Divine presence to the people of Odon, and the robed men begin a smooth, sing-song chant in an odd language, calling on Kiwidros The Vibrant. Nothing happens for a good half hour, but then you see one of the robed men, (presumably a priest of some sort,) slit his wrist, pouring blood onto the dirt outside of the Temple. All of a sudden, the sounds of nature and priestly chanting cease, the light of the Crystal Staff is frozen in place, and the quiet is deafening, and seems to carry a hidden danger.

> (cont)
>>
File: Sinister Snake.jpg (7KB, 280x176px) Image search: [Google]
Sinister Snake.jpg
7KB, 280x176px
>>1125918
>>1125923
>>1125925

A masculine, throaty, and lisping voice speaks, and you feel more Essence than you've ever had, (after being shattered that is,) all around you.

> "Greetingsss, little one... You are ssso sssmall, but old asss well... I am intrigued... My name isss Kiwidros The Vibrant... Lord of Vegetation, Growth, and Sssnakesss... I havvve been watching you for quite sssome time... You've done oh ssso very well to ssspread your dogma, yesss you have... I mussst sssay, I am quite impressssed... I sssuppossse you've come to Odon to... lead itsss peoples assstray with your flashy colorsss and ssshiny baublesss,,,"

> "And... I won't have it... Not one bit... Not one, little bitty bit... Lisssten very closssely, my mortalsss are mine.... My precioussssessss are mine.... And my land is mine... All mine to keep for me and mine... Only I know how to properly care for it.... I will not allow your preachy foolisssshnesss into my bordersss... To rot the mindsss and sssoulsss of my mortalsss... You would be wissse to lisssten when I sssspeak... ssshiny one..."

> "I have no wisssh to consssume a crystal godling.... No, no, no... Far too bland, not nearly ennnough soft and juicccces for my tassstesss... No, no... Kiwidros The Vibrant keep to hisss own, and expect the sssame from othersss... Explain why you came to me... little elder..."

This is proving to be a bit problematic...

> How should you respond?

> BAS, CRYSTALLINE GOD OF LIGHT
> 14 Essence remaining
>>
>>1125933
You do not wish a fight with us, we do not wish a fight with you. This is all and well, however if the hordes of others come against you might we lend you aide and in return ask the same?

If not then we shall take our own and go, we shan't trouble your gardens or your high walls. Though having your followers spill blood to summon you might be a bit troublesome to keep them alive after all...
>>
>>1126028
pretty much this.
Maybe omit the last sentence so we don't tick him off.
Perhaps see if there are any undecided folks around the outskirts of town to be converted.
That way we're not steal his followers, just picking through his table scraps.
>>
>>1126177
Nah let's just tell them to move on to the next closest village this one isn't worth the effort. Don't want to even start to antagonize them
>>
>>1126323
sounds good to me.
I guess we should ask what he plans to do about the invasion tho. Just to see if we can work together somehow.
Or not. :/
If he wants to be an isolationist then we'll take care of the invasion ourself.
>>
>>1125933

No step on snek.
>>
File: ganesha_by_dasha444-d4xo6t9.jpg (129KB, 600x727px) Image search: [Google]
ganesha_by_dasha444-d4xo6t9.jpg
129KB, 600x727px
>>1125933

Kiwidros The Vibrant, Lord of Vegetation, Growth, and Snakes.

नमस्कार

ॐ भूर्भुवः स्वः ।
तत्स॑वि॒तुर्वरेण्यं॒
भर्गो॑ दे॒वस्य॑ धीमहि ।
धियो॒ यो नः॑ प्रचो॒दया॑त् ॥

नमस्कार
>>
Is this dead now
>>
>>1136376

I don't know, but we should archive this shit before it expires. Maybe OP had something come up and couldn't update. We shouldn't assume it's dead after only a day of no activity.
>>
>>1136451
You have a point I'll archive
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.