[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Felnwith Revolt Guardsman Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_7587.jpg (37KB, 354x269px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7587.jpg
37KB, 354x269px
Pain.

Pain is the first thing you notice. Your head is splitting with it. It's agonizing—debilitating even. For a few moments that is all you can focus on. You clench your eyes shut against the light, trying to stem the pain it's abetting. Your arms and legs feel numb, and your stomach twists and turns with nausea.

Slowly, the pain begins to subside, and you find yourself able to feel that familiar sensation of needles in your arms and legs. You open your eyes and see what looks to be the right side of a Valkyrie drop ship riddled with holes and leaning over towards you. The side door is open just slightly, and a small stream of red liquid flows steadily down unto the bare soil beneath. The side of the craft is awash in a pale, orange/yellow glow. Your stomach still feels ready to empty itself.

>Stand up and look around some more.
>Lay still and wait for the nausea and what's left of the pain to diminish.
>What are you doing here?
>Something else...

(Note my updates might be a bit slower than the other QM's. I'm really critical of my own writing so I might take my time to revise and work it until I'm satisfied.)
>>
>>1090703
>>
>>1090703
>>Lay still and wait for the nausea and what's left of the pain to diminish.
>>
>>1090703
>Lay still and wait for the nausea and what's left of the pain to diminish
>>
>Use your Psychic abilities to find other survivors
>>
File: IMG_7592.jpg (139KB, 900x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7592.jpg
139KB, 900x519px

You feel it isn't wise to try and force yourself into action just yet. Instead you lay still against the ground, the side of your face pressing into the soft, cool earth. With your eyes shut you're left to listen to the sounds of a crackling fire, and the distant calls of alien fauna. When the air blows right it smells crisp and cool, but otherwise all you can smell is smoke and the acrid, fuming odor of promethium.

After an indeterminate amount of time, your stomach begins to settle and the piercing agony in your head dulls to a tolerable ache. You drag your arms under you and push yourself up onto your knees easily enough. After that you manage to stand and look around.

[1/2]
>>
>>1090813

All around you is some kind of alien forest. The trees are odd, and the bark seems to form sharp hook-like curves all around the trunks. The plants along the ground seem to consist mainly of fern-like foliage with a sparse few flowers of different shades. The earth here seems muddy and sodden. You can make out a line of fallen trees behind the valkyrie, and the tail of the craft resting in a deep, wide gouge marking its impact.

The right wing lays nearby a small fire caught on a log. You note that it doesn't seem in danger of spreading. The craft itself couldn't be in worse condition. With the tail and right wing gone, all that seems to be left is the body itself. The right jet intake has a huge hole in it that's leaking promethium out onto the ground. Much of the hull seems mangled in addition to the bullet holes. Beneath the door you can see a trail of boot-prints in the soft ground.

>Inspect the trail
>Inspect the door of the Valkyrie
>Inspect yourself
>Something else...
>>
>>1090818
>>Inspect the door of the Valkyrie
>>Inspect yourself
>>
>>1090818
>Inspect yourself

Search for survivors or something usefull
>>
>>1090818

Maybe we can find something of use.
>>
>>1090818

Tell us when/if you´re writing please. Some people will start "ded qm, ded quest"
>>
>Inspect yourself
>Inspect the door of the valkyrie

You look over yourself carefully, making sure you don't have any serious wounds that need tending to. You fail to find any blood or wounds beyond a few nicks and scrapes on your arms and legs. You're wearing a set of flak armor over your shoulders and torso camouflaged with green geometric shapes and black and brown overlapping outlines.

>>1090823

You look carefully around the valkyrie for any other survivors or supplies, finding no one nearby. You realize you have no clue how long you've been out for, and that there is a possibility that anyone else who survived might have left. But then again, wouldn't they have tried to help you?

Putting those thoughts aside you steadily approach the valkyrie's door. This close you can clearly see it's been mangled quite badly, and is sitting only slightly ajar. There's no way you can fit through the space left open.

>Attempt to force it open
>Inspect the boot trail
>Something else...

>>1090830

I'll try to keep that in mind.
>>
>>1090856
>>Attempt to force it open
>>
>>1090856
>Inspect the boot trail
>>
>>1090856
>Inspect the boot trail
Check if the bloody print match the one we´re using.

>>
>>1090872
>>1090871
>>1090862

Writing.
>>
Oh look at me I'm so critical of my shitty compound sentences, it will probably take me another 30 minutes to create 2 paragraphs that show my main character is in pain.
>>
>>1090893
Fuck off man
>>
>>1090895
Hahahahahaha mad af nigha lmao rns 100100 fr fr
>>
>Inspect the boot trail

You approach the markings in the soil and kneel down to get a better look. There are clearly small droplets of blood following along the tracks. The first couple of steps have some blood where the soles were, but the rest don't. You surmise this is because the individual must've stepped in the blood beneath the door of the valkyrie. You put your boot beside one of the imprints and note that the shoes that left these were smaller than your own, ruling out the possibility that you might have done it. You turn to the door and decide it'd be worth it to check inside for someone who might still be alive or hopefully a vox-caster.

You firmly grasp the handle of the door and dig your boots into the ground. With a heave you push forward and hear the door screech against the hull as it inches ever so slightly back. Encouraged by this, you push again with more force earning another few inches of space. Mustering as much of your strength as you can you give one more shove, before losing your grip as the door slides away from you and falls completely off the hull.

[1/2]
>>
>>1090896
>>
>>1090893
Corrections would be appreciated.
>>
>>1090903

You climb inside the valkyrie and are immediately overcome with a strong smell of iron. Many of the occupants appear to have been shredded by the AA fire along with whatever equipment they may have been carrying. You can hardly even distinguish one corpse from another. You count possibly seven bodies in total, and note that all but two are even in one piece. The majority of the interior is no longer grey, but red.

To your elation one of these indeed has a vox-caster on his back. The other appears to be the sergeant.

>Inspect the Sergeant
>Inspect the Vox trooper
>Something else...
>>
>>1090920

Am I taking too long for this? I don't want it to seem slow to you guys.
>>
>>1090920
>>Inspect the Sergeant

>>1090929
Nah man I got time
>>
>>1090920
>>Inspect the Vox trooper
>>
>>1090920
>Inspect the Sergeant
>Inspect the Vox trooper
Look for weapons, ammunition and granades

>Write in
Inspect the pilot or co-pilot seats, search for the comms. We´re taking the vox regadles
>>
>>1090935
>>1090934
>>1090933

Writing.
>>
>>1090929
No, if you take less tan 1h you´re good, and tell the readers if you need more than 1h. Remember you have, as the QM, 3000 character limit, and text formatting.

You´re doing good, the first thread always is difficult man, carry on.
>>
>Inspect the sergeant
>Inspect the vox trooper

Being closest, you go for the Vox trooper first. The large hole in the side of his helmet doesn't lend you any hope he might be alive, so you unceremoniously flip him onto his stomach. You don't even have to do so much as glance to tell that the vox-caster is ruined. Several rounds appear to have hit it, and you can easily see the insides of the device through the holes. The lasrifle slung across his back appears to have caught a round too, so you don't even bother with it. He does have a smoke grenade, though.

>1 Smoke Grenade

You turn to the sergeant instead. He's grasping a chain sword in his left hand and a laspistol in his right. Unfortunately, it's one of the models that's attached via a cable to a backpack power unit, and you really don't even know how it comes off his armor. On top of that, you can't ever recall using or receiving training for a chainsword in your life, so it probably wouldn't be of much use to begin with (you can't recall much of anything, to be honest). You do take his laspistol and all five of his spare power packs though. You also find a pair of frag grenades on his belt. Searching his pockets yields a small map, a compass

>Laspistol: 6 Power Packs
>2 Fragmentation Grenades
>Compass
>Map

You manage to scrounge a detpack and a pack of lho sticks on what was left of another trooper before you couldn't take digging through organs and limbs anymore. You decided it would be a good idea to check the cockpit as well.

>1 Detpack
>Pack of Lho Sticks

Climbing towards the cockpit reveals that one of the pilots is missing and the other is pinned to his seat by a large tree limb that must have driven its way through the glass on impact. Before you can reach him, you hear rustling from the woods on the opposite side of the valkyrie.

>Roll 1d100. Highest of the first three goes. A 100 counts as a critical hit, but only if it's within the first eight rolls.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>1090974
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>1090974
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>1090974
>>1090979
>>1090981
I'll show you heretics how its done.
>>
>>1090985
WELP.
>>
File: IMG_7593.jpg (86KB, 380x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7593.jpg
86KB, 380x500px
"This way! This way! I can see the smoke from here!"

You hear a harsh, sickly voice. A voice that sounded like a cross between a wheeze and growl. You duck down behind the cockpit, barely managing not to slip and fall down.

"Spread out! If you find any alive, restrain them, DON'T kill them you incompetents. The gods wish for live souls to feast on." You peek over your cover and see about ten men wearing variegated outfits all tattered and grimy in appearance. Most of them are carrying stubbers and autoguns. One you see has some sort of ramshackle device that, by the pilot light at its end, you can only assume must be a flamethrower.

You feel you have enough time to reach the nearest tree line before they come to your side of the ship.

>Try and hide
>Bug out in the opposite direction
>Follow the trail left behind away
>Something else...

>>1090985

The DC was low so you're good
>>
>>1091022
>>Bug out in the opposite direction
SAY NO TO CHAOS
>Then try and lose them in the jungle
>>
>>1091022
I would also like to note that I am doing all this from a phone. Part of the reason why it takes me so long. It also makes doing the captcha a bitch.
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>1090974
Going for the hundred.
>>
>>1091022
>>Bug out in the opposite direction
>>
>>1091022
>Try and hide
Just to count them, then bug out as stealthy as we can. If they enter the ship, throw nade.
>>
>>1091022
>>
>>1091022
Writing
>>

You've got a laspistol, two grenades, a smoke, you're outnumbered by roughly ten men and you're massively outgunned to boot.

You really don't like your odds sticking around.

Without a second thought you hop off the valkyrie and immediately dash for the opposite tree line. You don't bother to glance back. Partially because you don't want to trip but mostly because you're afraid to see them chasing you. You dash through the foliage, acquiring several new cuts and a small nick across the cheek before your headache and nausea begin to rise back up. You slow down, fearing that you'll hurt yourself trying to run if this gets any worse. You're maybe three hundred meters out by now if you had to guess. You also think you can hear a stream up ahead.

>Still not far enough. Keep running.
>Stop, take cover and wait. Don't go passing out.
>Something else...
>>
>>1091068
>>Still not far enough. Keep running.
But at the first sign of blackness at the corner of your vision, stop.
>>
>>1091068
>Still not far enough. Keep running

My are of need sleep now comrade, good night
>>
>>1091073
>>1091072

Since it's pretty late for me and I have work tomorrow, we'll probably pick this back up sometime after 6:00 p.m.

In the mean time any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'll read them as soon as I get back from work and have gotten settled.

G'night y'all.
>>
>>1091068
>Stop, take cover and wait. Don't go passing out.
If we black out we're no good to anyone.
>>
>>1091068
Stop running and change direction, go for the stream if possible

>>1091077
Looking good so far, love this kinds of quests and the start is promissing
>>
>>1091387
Agreeing with this. Keep running but change direction, use the stream to cover our tracks for part of it.
>>
>>1091387
>>1093112
>>1091073
>>1091072

Writing.
>>
>>1093317
This one might take a few minutes. I got a couple of things to do real quick then I'll be back.
>>
>>1093371
Godspeed QM, we will be waiting.

Take your time and lock the door
>>
File: IMG_7613.jpg (132KB, 750x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7613.jpg
132KB, 750x318px
>Still not far enough. Keep running.
>Head towards the stream and change your track.

No way that you're stopping now. If they catch up, you're as good as dead.

You press on despite the growing ache in your head. You manage to keep from tripping over any branches or debris, but the sharp, hook-lined trunks of the trees continue to snag and cut at your arms and legs any time you brush against them. Luckily, your durable uniform takes much of the damage for you. When you finally come out onto the bank of the stream, you're bleeding lightly from several different spots, and your breaths are coming in ragged gasps.

A cursory glance across the edge of the stream and you spot a small, faded blue boat made of wood laying upside down on the opposite side. The water seems slow moving but is dark and silty, and you have no clue what the depth might be. You guess the distance across the whole thing to be somewhere around 10 meters.

You do not know if the heretics are on your trail.

>Stop here and think up a plan. Maybe wait to see if you can hear them coming.
>Attempt to cross the stream. It can't be that deep if it's only this wide.
>Something else...

(I think I'm going to do the same rules as Shadow Quest for rolls. Highest of the first three goes. A nat 100 within the first three is a super crit. Within the next eight posts after is just a regular crit. Same applies for nat 1s and crit fails.)
>>
>>1093467
>Something else...

Follow the stream down for a little while, just walking and keep an eye out for someplace we might be able to set up a solid shelter

If there's a boat on the other side this is probably a crossing point and the boat is necessary so I wouldn't want to risk a fording
>>
>>1093467
>Write in
Follow the stream to catch your breath, then look for a way to crros the water, I dont trust water+chaos

When you need a roll remind the readers the system,
>>
Gonna give ten more minutes or so for any more votes before writing.
>>
>>1093502
I'll try to remember to do that from now on.

BTW if you haven't read Shadow Quest, go do it. Top tier.
>>
>>1093502
>>1093484

Writing.
>>
>Follow the stream.

You consider it safe enough to walk now rather than sprint. Or at the very least your headache has driven you to stop caring. You trudge alongside the stream, following the direction of the flow. There's little note beyond the stream widening a slight bit as you get further along.

After a few minutes you spot a small vial of something on the ground next to the stream. It lies at the end of a trail of bootprints. You recognize the vial as a small container of morphia: a painkiller standard issue in all guardsmen medkits.

>Inspect the bottle
>Inspect the prints
>Something else...

(Thread seems awfully slow. I'll probably set it aside and pick back up sometime later.)
>>
>>1093709
>Inspect the prints
Are those the same as before?

>Inspect the bottle
Search for traps.

And continue until the hadache stops
>>
>>1093727
Odd place to set a trap, middle of nowhere and away from any patrol route or

>>1093709
>Inspect the bottle
>Inspect the prints

Unless there is some contrary evidence, I think we can assume this is a fellow friendly if it's the one set of prints and guardsmen kit. If it were a cultist they'd have no reason to hurt and separated from the main group.

Shoddy work leaving it behind though. Unless we're from some Hive World without wilderness per se, standard practice would include not leaving evidence of your passing behind. Our (assumedly fellow fugitive) is either too shaken or hurt to adhere to that under pursuit, can't blame them really.
>>
>>1093926

>Unless inspection turns up something awry, attempt to cross the stream. But NOT before covering the tracks on this side. If we can follow them then the cultists probably can too.
>>
>>1093932
Seconding.
>>
>>1093932
this!

and try to find the prints on the other side
>>
I think I'm going to make a twitter account or something so I don't leave you guys in the dark. I don't want anyone to end up thinking I'm dead and what not. Believe me, I really don't want to stop this Quest.

I'll post up the name of the twitter account whenever I get that done. Shouldn't be more than a few hours since I'm still at work.

Until then, The Emperor Protects!
>>
>>1095141

Forgot my trip.
>>
Pos ten for it yet?
>>
Twitter account is up for those of you who want to follow and know when things are going to be happening.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PrayvessQM
>>
>>1105543
Thanks m8 that makes things eaaier for us
>>
>>1093932

You stop and kneel down to get a better look at the track. The trail comes in from the woods which, by your compass's judgement, is to the east (the same direction where you came from). It's clear by the prints that whoever came here must've crossed the stream. Whether or not they made it is unclear. The empty bottle of morphia has little worth noting to it.

You decide you might as well cross here too. Before that, however, it'd probably be a smart idea to cover up this trail as best as you can. You hastily smear the boot prints over and toss a bit of loose foliage over a sizable length of the tracks. You also toss the bottle of morphia into the stream. You doubt it'd hold up to close inspection, but it'll hide the marks at a glance.

With that done, you carefully raise your laspistol above your head and step into the stream, going slowly in case the depth drops at any point. To your surprise the water is relatively shallow, and you make it across with only your mid-chest being submerged. As you reach the other side it becomes clear that the trail. Begins here again. You're also soaking wet.

>Continue following the trail.
>Wait to dry off.
>Something else...
>>
>>1107530
Continue following the trail.

Hey op, your thread is in autosage due to being up for more than 72 hours.

I advise opening a new one with this post and a short summary of the events so far so people may join in
>>
>>1107604
Gotcha.
>>
>>1107530
>Continue following the trail.
>>
>>1107976
New thread.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.