[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PixelQuest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

File: Panel0020.gif (39KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Panel0020.gif
39KB, 640x640px
THREAD 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Previous thread here: >>74921

When we last left off, our hero (protagonist? super-pointy pixel-man?) had just discovered a mysterious hole in the second floor of the house he arrived in. I'll be starting this off with the last command from the previous thread.

Down the stairs.

You're now back at the foot of the stairs. Doesn't seem to be any sign of where that hole would lead from down here.
>>
Would this be possible with other tilesets? Also, you have inspired me to attempt a similar quest. Do you have any tips for me?

>Throw something down the hole.
>>
File: Panel0021.gif (39KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Panel0021.gif
39KB, 640x640px
>>108984
I don't see why not. I just chose to use a square grid for simplicity's sake, let's me pump out pages and story development quickly since I have pretty shitty art skills heh, but it should work just as well if you were to develop a hex grid or any other shape. I'd say just have a good outline for how you want your story to go, know what some places will look like ahead of time, maybe even design them too. Basically anything else is up to you, it's your story m8. Feel free to drop a link in this or any other pixelquest thread when you get around to doing it.

You run back up and throw another piece of the radio down the hole. The same slightly ominous sound of it impacting the bottom reaches your ears again. Might wanna be careful about throwing all these pieces down there. They may not last forever.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>109105
>search the rest of the room
>>
File: Panel0022.gif (64KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Panel0022.gif
64KB, 640x640px
>>109115
You scan the rest of the room around the hole. While the floor and walls are currently barren, you can see the imprint of what was likely furniture in certain sections of the room, though what they were you could not say.
>>
(Also please ignore the fact I've been forgetting to edit the player out of multiple locations at least 6 times now jesus christ.)
>>
>>109159
>Go to the room on the far left.
>>
File: Panel0023.png (4KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Panel0023.png
4KB, 640x640px
>>109175
You return to the bedroom. The scissors you spotted on your jog are still there.
>>
>>109197
>Acquire scissors
>Look for something to cut.
>>
Also didn't think to include this in the OP but a quick INVENTORY and STATUS update:

INVENTORY
- Radio pieces (still quite a few)
- Scissors
- Your dignity (intact)
- Note
- Half a carton of orange juice
- Pliers

HEALTH
25/20

MOOD
Still intrigued, slightly less sweaty then earlier
>>
File: Panel0024.png (4KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Panel0024.png
4KB, 640x640px
>>109219
You acquire the scissors formally and with great haste.
>>
>>109229
But there is so much that can be cut! Where could you even begin?
>>
>>109220
>>109229
>read the note
>then cut it with the scissors
>>
>>109281
NOTE
Beware the two.

- DDDD

You read over the note again, then give it a good snip. The note has now been cut.
>>
>>109428
>drink orange juice
>>
>>109595
You take a big swig of orange juice. The carton is now about a quarter full.
>>
>>109776
>Investigate the lower left hand room
>>
File: Panel0025.png (4KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Panel0025.png
4KB, 640x640px
>>109796
You move into the bathroom. You are currently standing in front of the sink, with the shower to your right. It shows no signs of recent use.
>>
>>109861
>take shower
>then search the medicine cabinet
>>
Can we take the mattress off the bed and block the hole with it.
Take the sheets off the bed cut then to strips and tie together making rope.
Tie one end to the wooden slab and the other on the mattress then jump on the mattress to go down the hole.
Giving us a soft landing if needed and make it easier to find then get back up if needed.
>>
File: Panel0026.gif (204KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Panel0026.gif
204KB, 640x640px
>>109895
>>109986

Finally resolving to explore this mysterious hole business, you take a quick shower to freshen up then get to work on a cautious plan. You go to the bedroom and lug the mattress over to the hole, but due to its length you only lay about a third of it over the hole. You then remove the bedsheets you were wearing as a cape and put them to the better use of creating rope, tying one end to the wooden slab and the other to the mattress. With everything set, you get on the mattress and use your weight to scoot it into the hole, sending you plummeting into the unknown.

(Alas, gonna leave it on a cliffhanger for tonight, I'll be back tomorrow morning/afternoon with more.)
>>
File: Panel0027.gif (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Panel0027.gif
69KB, 640x640px
>>110213
(Apologies for lateness. The story continues.)

After plummeting through the hole, you find yourself... in front of the house. At least, it looks to be the house you were just in. You take note of the fact that your bedsheet rope snapped somewhere during your fall, leaving you with half of the remaining rope attached to the mattress. Thankfully, the mattress allowed you to escape any major injuries. There is a car in the driveway next to you, with a gate surrounding the house. The house, you notice, doesn't seem to have any windows.
>>
>>112667
Is there any way to operate the car?
>>
File: Panel0028.png (4KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Panel0028.png
4KB, 640x640px
>>112796
The door to the car luckily isn't locked. Without stepping in, however, you don't see any immediately obvious way of driving it: there's no steering wheel or pedals.
>>
>>113198
Open the trunk to look for supplies.
>>
File: Panel0029.png (4KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Panel0029.png
4KB, 640x640px
>>113345
Empty. Damn.
>>
For more square goodness, check out this. >>114001
>>
>>113581
Pick up the piece of radio we threw down earlier. (It might be under the mattress.)
Then try the door to the house.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.