[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Mercenary Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

You wake up slowly as the temperature in your cuve increase.
The virtual intelligence scan rapidly your body as every muscle you have aches. You know that feeling, it's not the first time you exit the cryogenic sleep. One the scan is complete and no frostbite as been detected, the glass opens before you and you get out of what have been your “bed” since six month ago.
The rest of the crew is yet to be awake and you use this little time to get your body to move normaly again. Then, you go fech a uniform. The simili-leather adjust to your body quite well, covering the multiple scars a life in the military gave you. You take a few more moment of silence, only the sound of the ship, nothing else, before you wake everyone up.
A disembodied voice emerge from the computer when you launch the program.
“Begining Procedure”
You leave the room as the frozen body start to color themselves up and move again.
It's time to send a message to your new boss.

“Hello, Hellions here. We just arrived.”

You voice is still rough from your recent awaking.
The one answering you seems male, but largely numerised so it's hard to tell.

“Welcome to you Hellions. You got here just in time. We're about to raid the asteroid field. Our scout indicate that rebells might hide in there. I will send you the approach vector and your position in the float. The oher mercenaries are yet to come so i'll let you choose your task.”

You feel a grind curving your lips.
No time to take a break huh ? The men will be happy. But what role should you take in this mess to come ?
You have a frigate, it's not a big ship. 120 Crew membres, orbital jump pods, 20 fighter jet – also usable for atmospheric flight and aerial support – One railgun and a dozen of lazer turret. Not quite the monster but you know it well.
You look ath the plan the numerical voice sent you. There's a lot of free space, maybe for the other mercenaries, but the float is alrady pretty big, fifty ship a least and two destroyer none the less. Seems like the new boss is not joking.
The role avaiable are.

>Scout.
>First lane Space fighter.
>First lane Ground fighter.

Yeah, none of them are an easy task or a safe one.
You're treated as canon fodder but you didn't expext it to be any different. So, what will it be ?
>>
>>108149
>First lane Ground fighter.
>>
The rules will be simple.
The most voted answer in 3 to 5 minutes is chosen. 1d100 to determine how things work, higher roll is chosen (to represent character luck).
Might take some time to write, i'll try to put as much details and character developement as possible.
>>
>>108149
>First lane Space fighter.
>>
>>108195
Voting for space
>>
“I think my men and I will do better on the ground.”

You recall the last time you went all out at gun point. It was like... one or two years ago. A great time. Explosions, death, pain and bloodlust. You smile just remembering it.
The numerical voice answer again.

“Noted. There is no atmosphère on the asteroids. I hope you brought pressurized suits.”

You really want to ask him if you look that foolish but, it's probably a virtual intelligence. You dont have anytime to waste on this binary fuckers and start giving out order to the newly waked crew.

“Let's go boys, Prepare equipement, we'll go down here, see if anyone can survive long enough for it to be fun.”

All the crew rapidly approve as the weapons are cheked and distributed and the pod are set on charge. These fuckers will not see it coming.
As you ready youselves, a dozen other mercenarie ship jumps into the sector and quickly take place in the formation. Soon after, you receive the signal of departure and the large coalition of spaceship start to move in direction of the asteroid field.

At the instant you get in fireing range, many asteroids start giving out heat signal and a real fire barrage start to fall on the formation. The elecrtoamgnetic shield shine as the accelerated projectiles comes vollet after volley.
The ship formation answer with it's cannon and soon anough it's like a soudless firework all over space. Your ship take part of this, staying in front line. You shield take one or two hit but you manage to evade the most of it.
Order come soon enough.

“Helions, circle them by the right with squad 3, take out the railsguns, they're stooping our advance !”

What will you do ?

> Circle by the right as said, the most sneakly possible to get the element of surprise.
> Circle it while firing to try to dispress enemy fire
> Go strait in, gambling on your luck and your pilote skills to keeps you alive as you can go full force on your objective
>>
In space* not on the ground... forgot to change the begining, sorry
>>
>>108264

Option B.
>>
You rapidly tell your plan to the other members of the squad sent with you.
Not all approve but, since you can't do it half, everyone agree to fire as they circle, hoping to divert some of the heavy fire. You rapidly get in a sreap formation, largely ditances from one another. A crowded formation will only augment the risk of getting hit a favorise mistakes.
Quickly you're getting out of the main foramtion. On the left, anther team is circling, a classic maneveur to take the ennemy in a crossfire.

Once ditances engouh from the rest of the ship, you and the other ship start to fire.
The whole spaceship tremble as you railgun fire a large accelerated projectile directly on the target. The heavy tungten bullet flatten on the heavy eletroamgnetic shield covering the enemy base but soon follow the wolley fo your squad and the all shiel seems to shine as much as a star.
The ennemy quickly retailate and you found yourself progessing under a light enemy fire. But it get heavier and heavier as you get clother, a lots of defence swiching to you as their mein target when understanding what you're here to to.
You're own shield takes one or two hit.
Then more.

>1d100 to seen how well you undure the pressure.
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>108349
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>108349
>>
>>108398

At first, you trought you could go trough it without a scratch.
You were wrong. You front shield take one hit after another and, even if your pilote evade the heaviast one, you se the power indicator going down. A stike of fear and excitation find it's way to your heart as you se in front of you the rain of death and fire coming at you. Your own canon respond as much as tye can but most of your power ins dirrected to the defense as they seems to be strungling. Aroung you, the rest of the squad is in the same dangerous position.
The peak of the rush arrive when, suddently, your front shield breaks. A dozen alarm goes off in the ship, the voice of your own VI warning evryone to grab something and ready to the incoming shock.

The whole ship tremble as our trajectofry is changed by the impact. We go on the right, getting out of the concentrated fire for a dozen of seconds. Immediatly, all the ship energy is redirected to the shield, putting it back on.

“Light damage to the left flanc. No fire detected. No major breach detected. No Death detected. We lost 2 meter of armor on this side.”

Not a big problem but it's a weak poing.

“Be warry of the left flanc. Keep us tilted to not expose it, put more energy to the front and right shield, cut the back one.”

What will you do next ?

>Try to use you railgun to destroy the asteroid itslef, it could take time but teir shiled cannont cover the entire surface.
>Uqse your laser to surcharge teir shield, hoping the rest of the squad will fire at the right time
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>108349
>>
>>108455
>Try to use you railgun to destroy the asteroid itslef, it could take time but teir shiled cannont cover the entire surface.

You need to work on your typing accuracy, OP.
>>
>>108455
>>
>>108455
>>
>>108455
Railgun! Shoot it if doesn't want to talk!

>>108505
My reading fuu is sufficient to understand
>>
>>108455

>>108505
agreed, its killing the immersion for me. Just proof read before posting and you'll be fine.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.