[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conquered Quest#1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 12

File: Stronghold.jpg (81KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
Stronghold.jpg
81KB, 658x370px
It has been days since you last drank, let alone last ate. Your skin stretched thin over malnourished bones tears as you're thrown onto a hewn stone floor.
"Rise maggot."
But even if you had wished to, you cannot. A rough hand pulls you back up, and you see the figure of the man who has thrown you and your people into chains. An elf by the name of Red Alyma.
"No need to be so cruel Folren" She speaks to the figure holding you up. "This is our esteemed guest!"
She gives you a smile with a little too much warmth and sympathy, "See them to their chambers Folren, and do try and be more gentle."

You are half are dragged stumbling down a series of corridors, an oak door is opened and for the second time this night you are thrown against the floor; luckily this time your impact is muffled by thick carpeting. You start to look around but are arrested by a clear glass of water, you greedily drink it down before spotting a full-length mirror.

What do you see in the reflection?
>Pick any fantasy race (and gender if relevant.)
>>
>Male, Human
>>
>>1078705
>Male, Satyr/Faun
>>
File: lanternman.png (703KB, 538x770px) Image search: [Google]
lanternman.png
703KB, 538x770px
>>1078705
Male; Lanternfolk
>>
dice+1d3
>writing
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>
File: You.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
You.png
7KB, 400x400px
>>1078721

You sexy beast.

Anything special about you?
... Do you have any hair?
>>
>>1078858
Short, bald, no facial hair. Completely average. Perhaps even less so.
>>
you have burn scars on the left side of you body, with some small scaring on your face and around your left eye. your head is shaved but has scraps of hair left, you have an unkempt scraggly beard
>>
You have a short Mohawk and braided goatee, an eyepatch over your right eye.
>>
>>1078934
+1
>>
>>1078934
Oh yeah
>>
>writing
>>
File: You2.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
You2.png
6KB, 400x400px
Like in most places conquered by the Iron Hand the people were stripped, shaved, and clapped in chains. All in an effort to destroy the culture, they even went so far as to burn the tattoos off your people's bodies. You eye your side testily where evidence of their handiwork remains.
Suffice to say your glorious hair or goatee did not survive.

They let you keep the eyepatch, though, so that's a plus.

What did you do before becoming a slave of the Iron Hand?
>>
>>1079023
Slaver ourselves. Just binding our time until we're back in charge.
>>
>>1079023
A carpenter who worked in the recently sacked capitol.
>>
>>1079074
>>1079023
This
>>
>>1079074
Going for hardcore Jesus then? I'm down
+1
>>
>writing
>>
File: Room.png (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Room.png
23KB, 400x400px
Skilled work in the capitol was in high demand as the Iron Hand drew ever closer. Luckily, you were spared the worst due to being a skilled laborer.

But enough reminiscing. Looking around you see a luxurious bed, a dresser, the mirror, and a closed door - different than the one you were thrown in from.

>What do you do?
>>
>check dresser
>check for windows?
>try door
>>
>>1079255
check dresser
>>
>writing
>>
>>1079251
>Prepare anus
Any tearing in these conditions could lead to complications.
>>
You check for windows but find none. The door is locked.

>Which drawer to you try? (Numbered 1-5 starting at the top)
>>
fuck everything, you're a prisoner for what appear to be FUCKING ELVES ruin the shit out the dresser using your superior skills of carpentry.
>>
>>1079326
+1
What did they expect?
>>
>>1079326
Give me a d10
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>1079349
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

roll for FUCK ELVES using SUPERIOR CARPENTRY SKILLS
>>
File: Room.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Room.png
21KB, 400x400px
>>1079357
Unfortunately, without tools, your malnourished body cannot do any real damage.
>>1079361
You do knock it over, though.
>>
>search all the drawers of the dresser, after righting it up
you may hate FUCKING ELVES but you do respect good craftsmenship
>>
>>1079398
>>1079386
we need to get some food
>>
>>1079386
Piss on the bed.
>>
>writing
>>
File: Pendant+Key.png (5KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Pendant+Key.png
5KB, 400x400px
>>1079398
You try to right the drawer but are too weak from hunger. Instead, you searching starting at the top.
In drawer 1 there is a necklace with a circular glass pendant laying on top of several shirts.
In drawer 2 there are some pants.
In drawer 3 there is a small key resting on top of some towels.
drawers 4-5 are locked, the small key does not fit.

>>1079415
Other than the glass you just drank from, you haven't had any water in days, you couldn't piss if you tried.
Also, you're probably going to have to sleep on that.
>>
>>1079479
Break glass pendant.
Swallow Key.
Put on pants.
Disregard shirts.
>>
>>1079500
this except wear shirt.
>>
>writing
>>
File: CrackedPendant+Key.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
CrackedPendant+Key.png
4KB, 400x400px
You start by removing the ragged mix between a loincloth and shorts that is all that currently clothes you. Replacing them with a rough hempen shirt and woolen pants. You briefly consider swallowing the key but rethink it after feeling its sheer metal edges.

You bring the amulet over your head and swing it down in a whip-like motion onto the floor. An earsplitting scream resonates from the pendant as a single hairline crack appears. You quickly cover your ear and after a moment it stops, your ears aching from the sudden noise.

>Keep trying to break the pedant
>Try something else (write in)
>>
>>1079597
knock on the door and ask for food
>>
>leave pendant
>check under bed
>>
>>1079606
Which door?
The one you see in the image or the one you were thrown in from?
>>
>>1079597
Smash it again.
>>
>>1079629
Let's a see a vote for or against smashing the pendant then.
>>
>>1079629
smash it
>>
>writing
>>
File: UnderTheBed.jpg (7KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
UnderTheBed.jpg
7KB, 300x169px
[>(Do not click spoiler)
You decide for some reason to repeat your experiment, bringing the pendant over your head and whipping it down once more.

It breaks without a sound, in fact you realize there are no sounds.
There is nothing.
Darkness closes in around your eyes as a numbness reaches deadly fingers up your limbs.

The breath in your lungs is deafening, the light blinding, and the itching of the woolen pants suddenly too much to bear as all sensation rushes back.

The pendant is gone, leaving the simple piece of twine that held it behind. You decide to check under the bed. You get down on your knees and see what is underneath. (You may open the spoiler.)

It raises a single finger to its lips.

>What do you do?
>>
>DONTSCREAMDONTSCREAM
think of something else... like like FUCKING ELVES!!!!!! ]
>SCREAM IN RAGE AT ELVES AND ALL THEIR ARROGANT MACHINATIONS
>>
>>1079763
Try not to scream.
Scream a lot.
>>
>>1079763
make pact with it
>>
>>1079763
Out of curiosity, were you expecting us to break the pendant at all?
>>
>>1079844
Not even a little, it'll make things interesting >:D

>Writing
>>
File: Red.jpg (30KB, 500x762px) Image search: [Google]
Red.jpg
30KB, 500x762px
A scream catches in your throat coming out as a low soft moan instead. A hand, lightning fast reaches out muffling you while several others restraint you.

"She. Comes. No. Talky. Me."

In a surreal rational state, you decide that there is some use in making a deal with whatever it is. It seems to not want you to talk about it to someone? It releases its hand and shuffled back into the corner of the bed.

Just as the door you first came in, well, were thrown in, from clicks. The door opens revealing the woman that you saw on the throne. But, however surprising it is to see her, the godly smell coming from what must be a tray of food arrests your gaze and attention.
There was meat on that platter. Meat.

"How are you finding the accommodations?" The burning silk voice inquires.

>What do you do?
Okay, folks, I'm off to bed, I'll be back in roughly 11 hours. Thanks for reading!
>>
>>1080014
you restrain yourself from attacking the SMUG FUCKING ELF and say "I can't complain"
>>
>>1080014
They're shit and you're shit.
Spit at her feet.
>>
>>1080014
"They are quite pleasant, however I have been absolutely starving, fortunately you have brought me food."

When we have been fed up to decent strength I recommend we kill her or something. In like a week's time.

Also thanks for running :)
>>
>>1080092
>eating food offered by an elf
Why not just bite your own tongue off and save the poison the effort?
>>
>>1080014
>What do you do?
Ask, I don't have to share my food do I?
If she says yes, don't mention the creature.
>>
be nice. thank her for the food. don't tell her about the creature.

remember, she is the good cop. just cuz she is nice doesn't mean we should trust her. after all she had a hand in subjugating the people.

use our magic that we used in our career as an artisan to make sure if the food is poisoned or not b4 eating it.

btw, if the positions were flipped, humans would be just as bad
>>
FUCK ELVES
humans would be worse, but the very idea of a FUCKING ELF being all arrogant and sassy brings MANLY CARPENTER TEARS OF RAGE to my eye.
>>
"DEMON UNDER THE BED, MOVE BITCH." shove past her and grab some meat as you pass.
>>
>writing
>>
A flash of anger comes to you as you see her face. General Red. She was the one who led the butchering by the Iron Hand of your people. You resist the urge to spit, reasoning that the satisfaction of food was worth more than the satisfaction of pride.

"They are quite pleasant, however, I have been absolutely starving, fortunately, you have brought me food. I don't have to share it, do I?"

You're amazed at your composure despite internally shaking with rage.

She raises one delicate eyebrow "Share it?" and laughs. "You're going to be fun aren't you? No, you do not need to share it. Eat."
She doesn't seem to be leaving. You take the offered food carefully, suppressing the desire to immediately dig in and instead you focus on the food. While magic wasn't a high demand skill as a carpenter, you were training to be a shaman before the war. You quietly focused on your spirit animal and found that the food was unpoisoned.
"If I wanted to kill you there are easier ways." She looks unimpressed. You had hoped she wouldn't notice.

After eating she takes back the tray. "I've been told you'll be useful. But I don't like being told." She stares at you for a moment, seeming to see you for the first time. "Wind That Scours The Mountains gave us your name."
You started, you had never even met the man. He was the most in touch with the spirits of all your people - and he lived alone.

"Many lie under the knife, so we'll see if what I've been told is true. You won't be getting any more food, if you manage to escape I'll consider you resourceful enough to be worth while."

Without warning, she shuts the door. Leaving you alone before you can even respond. Well alone other than whatever is under the bed.

>What is your name?
>What animal did you focus on?
>What do you do now?
>>
Also, I'm using a different wifi thus the different ID. Sorry for the confusion.
>>
>>1081070
>"If I wanted to kill you there are easier ways.
Its not about what's easiest. It about what's most fun with you bloody elves.

>What is your name?
Bob Ross
Dove
>What do you do now?
Talk, or communicate as best we can, with whatever the fuck is under the bed.
>>
>what is your name
Tree That Offers Shelter
or Marlin Carverson

>what animal did you focus on?
Carpenter Ant, the Swarm

>what do you do now?
try to communicate with the thing under the bed, quietly.

Where are we from? is "Wind That Scours The Mountains" a regular name?
>>
>>1081070
>What is your name?
Ross Carverson
depends what meat we are eatting.
>What do you do now?
critter under thar bed.
Ask, I'll give you some meat if you start talking.
>>
Name: Breeze that turns to gale or Martin Loxahatch

Animal: Bull, The Anger

Next: Lets communicate with that nightmare under the bed
>>
>writing
>>
>>1081091
Your people were referred to as "tribals" by the people of the Free Cities who you were allied with. Overall the tech level was bronze age, the Free Cities venerated their ancestors while the tribes worshiped "the spirits." Unfortunately for all of you the Iron Hand had...
wait for it...
Iron.

Shamans were given names like "Wind That Scours The Mountains" after their completed training. Otherwise, the influx of culture made basically any name fly.

If there are any more questions about stuff the MC would know feel free to ask.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

rolling for the spirit animal.
>>
sooooo... the animal is whatever?
>>
Your name is: Ross Carverson
Your spirit animal is: The Bull
You gain THE POWER OF THE BULL trait.

Fortunately, it seems the meat you're eating is Pork. You go back to the bed after taking a few greedy bites.

The mass of limbs is still there staring at you with bloodshot misshapen eyes. You reach out a piece of meat, "Hungry?" One of the many hesitates before shooting out and snatching it faster than your eyes can follow.
"Several. Thanks." You get the feeling it's talking about more than just the food.

"Want to make a deal?" You ask it, strangely confident.
It cocks its head to the side "Deal? Deal. What?"
It has a lot of trouble speaking, you notice inside it's mouth it has three rows of teeth and at least four tongues. The fact it can speak at all is an achievement.

>What do you say?
>>
"I want to get out of here, and you don't want to know about you, so tell why you are here and what you are. Then we can try to escape."
>>
Back in three hours.
>>
>>1081245
Get to know it first.
Where did you come from, where you trapped in the necklace pendant thingy?
>>
>writing
>>
Sorry I lied gtg, I'll be back in roughly 2 hours.
>>
"I think we can work together to escape."
It seems to think for a moment, although you cannot be sure, before giving you a large number of thumbs up. An odd image considering its horrific form.

"Where are you from?"

"From. No. Direction." It shrugged with many limbs.
The veil. It seems obvious given its form, but it must be a spirit. Remembering your training you know not to ask its name, nor offer yours.

"Were you trapped in the pendant?"

It looks confused and then repeats itself, "From. No. Direction." if more emphatically.

>What now?
>>
check the doors again
use your SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE OF CARPENTRY to find faults in their workings
>>
>
>>
Ask this thing if it has any combat prowess. If it can fight it is infinitely more useful.

Also, ask him what would happen if you were to accidentally tell anyone it was under the bed
>>
>writing
>>
File: Doors.png (93KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Doors.png
93KB, 400x400px
You decide to keep speaking with it, while it doesn't always understand you get the feeling it has massive physical strength, agility, and speed.

Then you ask it what would happen if you were to accidentally tell anyone it was under the bed.

"We. Back. No. Direction. But. Not. Coming. Out." You could almost swear it looks sad. Whatever that means.

You get up and inspect both doors. Closer inspects of the door you came in from shows that the hinges are mounted on the other side, and that its thick oaken frame would be almost impossible to break down. While you knew it was locked you cannot find a keyhole, and deduce that whatever is locking it must be on the other side.

The side door, which is next to the dresser, you see has small iron hinges and a keyhole. It remains locked.

>What now?
If any of you would like a review of what items you've collected feel free to ask and I'll make a separate post.
>>
Does the key fit the side door or did we already try that?
>>
>>1085156
Nobody has tried the key on the locked door.

>writing
>>
File: Side Room.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Side Room.png
7KB, 400x400px
The key fits perfectly, as you turn it you hear a soft click.

The door swings inward revealing a colourful room. Inside set an inch into the floor are three coloured tiles and one with three depressions with coloured borders.
>>
Sorry, there is also suppose to be a simple wooden door to the north (you came in from the south.)
>>
Ask our horrific friend if he will accompany us to the puzzle room.
>>
It happily accompanies you, it seems glad to get out from under the bed, it scuttles across the ground following you back into the puzzle room.
>>
>>1085358
Ask the thingy, if he can sense any of the tiles being previously touched or moved before.
>>
>>1089526
It does not seem to know what you mean, but upon inspection, with your construction knowledge, you can see that it was recently built. In fact, the stone around the side entrance was clearly cut recently while the rest of the first room seems much older.
>>
>>1090213
Kay, go back into the previous room, take apart the bed and nightstand or whatever, and make a makeshift maul. Start smashing the tiles.
>>
>>1090312
You go back into the first room and manage to take off a bedpost without damaging the rest of the bed.

>Which tile do you start with?
>>
>>1090595
The purple one, but have From No Direction do it because he has spooky-tier strongness.
>>
>>1091066
It doesn't seem to understand why but trusts you. It grasps your make-shift maul and slams down on the purple tile. Upon impact, you hear a splintering and a flash of purple light. You blink at the sudden stimulus.

When your eyes reopen it is gone, the purple tile is glowing, and the shattered wreck of the maul lies in pieces.

/thread

Thanks, guys! I'll start up a new thread in a bit and archive this one. This was my first quest so if you have any suggestions feel free to post them now. I'll post a link here once the second thread is up and running!

Cya,
Alpha
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.